Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

(edited)
32 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I can’t help but think about that girl who became the designated pawn over and over again before she was eventually sent home. It was years ago, I don’t remember her name, or which season.

Victoria Rafaeli, BB16: current single-season record holder, nominated 10 times.  
Fun fact: her Indian name is “She Who Is Carried Off By Large Birds”.

Edited by Nashville
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2

I will say you’d have to have the whole house involved because everyone is seeing this Wild Card competition being played and two people are obviously working together. That said, Brit was whining a lot how she had no chance to win when she did. Somehow she forgot the part where she didn’t know how to add. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I think any day now the case will be made that Britini absolutely has to go before jury because she’s way too “emotional” and thus someone who will cast her vote on personal grounds and not gameplay. 

And...oh yeah...because anything Zingbot says about her would make her a total basket case.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Sorry, I prefer much higher brow entertainment like The Surreal Life. (You know, the show where Verne Troyer mistook the corner of his room for a bathroom.) Classy stuff like that. 

Surreal Life is coming back to VH1 in I believe September (Could be wrong on that).  Verne peeing in the corner was hilarious.  I love when Christopher Knight said something along the lines of, "Hey buddy, why are you going to the bathroom over there. It's strange."  The drunken Vern turns to him buck ass naked and says, "Strange?  What's strange?"  Now that was great television.  Bad Girls Club was up there as well.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BK1978 said:

Surreal Life is coming back to VH1 in I believe September (Could be wrong on that). 

I heard something to this effect. I don't know if I'll be able to keep myself from watching. Unlike BB, which I openly admit to watching (especially this season), The Surreal Life is a truly guilty pleasure, emphasis on the "guilty". 😁

• Love 4

I dunno if stuff like Making It count as reality shows. If we consider reality-competition shows their own separate thing, then BB is my own reality show I like BECAUSE we can see how the sausage gets made, as it were. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

The only worthwhile piece of news I picked up today from the feeds was that Sarah Beth and Hannah both have each other in their sights because they both realize the other one is (too) smart. Because I couldn't have two HGs I really enjoy and want to see go deep into the game actually work with each other. This is the first time in a long time that I like or enjoy or don't mind so many people in the house that it's basically going to be my favourites* going at each other week after week. This is a new type of pain that I'm not used to but I think I like it.

*because I recognize that I am a true Big Brother fan and I change favourites faster than Xavier would change out of his pants if Whitney asked him to fuck.

Oh, one other tidbit: they're going to try and blindside Brent with his eviction? For the lulz? I mean, he kinda deserves it and I think they could actually pull it off. Brent's not a Clay Honeycutt level of idiot but he's definitely on the same level as your neighbour's dog who sees you make a throwing motion and then goes searching for his ball that you never actually tossed.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 7

I am listening to a Royal Flush meeting in the HoH room. All members present. Sounds like Brent has come up with a plan to flip the game with the support (he thinks) of Derex and Ky. All of them are being a little too gleeful about how they’re blindsiding Brent, and they need to dial it back a little, because they’re starting to make me feel sorry for him and that’s unacceptable.

Sarah Beth gave Brent props for coming up with what she said was actually a pretty good plan, but X just laughed at him.

• Love 1

Now they’re talking about who will win the next HoH. If they can, they’re going to throw it to Alyssa and she will take it. Her nominees will be Whitney and Azah. She does NOT want to nominate Britini. She is a little nervous that a Whitney nom will make Hannah mad because Hannah and Whitney are close, but Derex said he can smooth it over. 

I wonder how Britini will react to an Azah nom.

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

The only worthwhile piece of news I picked up today from the feeds was that Sarah Beth and Hannah both have each other in their sights because they both realize the other one is (too) smart. Because I couldn't have two HGs I really enjoy and want to see go deep into the game actually work with each other. This is the first time in a long time that I like or enjoy or don't mind so many people in the house that it's basically going to be my favourites* going at each other week after week. This is a new type of pain that I'm not used to but I think I like it.

*because I recognize that I am a true Big Brother fan and I change favourites faster than Xavier would change out of his pants if Whitney asked him to fuck.

Oh, one other tidbit: they're going to try and blindside Brent with his eviction? For the lulz? I mean, he kinda deserves it and I think they could actually pull it off. Brent's not a Clay Honeycutt level of idiot but he's definitely on the same level as your neighbour's dog who sees you make a throwing motion and then goes searching for his ball that you never actually tossed.

Sadly, the setup of the house REALLY doesn't favor Sarah Beth and Hannah working together. So hopefully they break up teams relatively soon so that there is at least a CHANCE of them working together.

But yes, it is pretty funny that they both have the sense that the other one is hiding their intellect and it's, like, "Damn you, that's MY game!"

56 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I think "Badly" is a safe bet. 

"Why do they keep nominating me and my teeeeeeeeeam? It's almost like they don't want me to win! But whyyyyyyyyy?"

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
11 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Another alliance. Can they just stop already please.

What’s odd to me is that all of these people have made multiple alliances with many of the same people and yet none of them seem to talk about how they share multiple alliances. It almost like they’ve all silently agreed that none of these mean anything. 

1 minute ago, MV007 said:
Edited by MV007
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Sounds like Brent has come up with a plan to flip the game with the support (he thinks) of Derex and Ky. All of them are being a little too gleeful about how they’re blindsiding.him.

I'm starting to feel really uncomfortable about how completely blindsided Brent could be, in a way he's going to find completely humiliating.

I can picture people laughing at him for years to come over this. I don't enjoy Brent's attitudes towards women, and his overconfidence, but he's not a monster. He's not Evel Dick or Boogie. He doesn't deserve this IMO. I hope they give him a clue before kicking him out. 

Didn't his father commit suicide not that long ago? 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
(edited)
8 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Meeting over, and settling into the HoH bed are Alyssa, Christian, Sarah Beth and Xavier. Is there a second showmance underway? Or is Alyssa just getting her dream of an orgy.

Can't blame her if she is dreaming of that. Christian AND Xavier? Yes please. #noshame

Edited by IndyMischa
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5

Has there been any thought put in to tell Brent that some of the things he says and does offend them this much? I mean Hannah hates him but opens her arms for a hug and then gives the camera a disgusted face. I also understand that this is a game so you don’t want to piss anyone off. And if that is the reasoning for not confronting him then fine but I feel like a little more effort could be made to inform him that what he says is problematic if that’s your opinion. 

• Love 9

I think it should be obvious to Brent that the people he is talking to aren't receptive to his ideas about women.  When people get very quiet and "hmm" and half-heartedly shrug while looking away it takes a pretty big narcissist not to get the picture.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Week 3, y'all!

Normally I'd probably agree with you, but since this involves all my current favorites, I'm down. Especially now that Azah's turned out to be a dud and a drag.

• Love 2

It's fascinating how hard Claire is gaming right now and yet Tiffany is gaming even harder. Claire seems to look at all the angles and yet has a huge blind spot when it comes to Tiffany. If the Cookout makes it to jury, Tiffany would dominate Claire in a Final Two right now. 

• Love 1

I guess I disagree. Alliances and all the silly names are part of what makes the show fun. I say keep them coming. If they start to get confused about who is in which alliance, all the better. That's certainly better than watching showmances make googly eyes and make out which each other.

• Love 9
(edited)
59 minutes ago, lilabennet said:

I think it should be obvious to Brent that the people he is talking to aren't receptive to his ideas about women.  When people get very quiet and "hmm" and half-heartedly shrug while looking away it takes a pretty big narcissist not to get the picture.

I guess my question is do you want people’s behavior to change?  I won’t argue with you over Brent’s narcissism. But if someone keeps saying something you disagree with or in Hannah’s case touching her in a way she doesn’t want then tell that person. Maybe Brent would freak out if you told him his views on women are problematic. Or maybe he’d learn something. I don’t know.

And Hannah’s complaints about not liking Brent’s massages and other touches are completely valid. At the same time the house is very touchy-feely and Brent has no idea he’s doing anything wrong. He’s not intending to make Hannah uncomfortable for whatever that is worth. 

Edited by MV007
  • Love 3

I'm not too concerned about Brent being blindsided.  It's a game.  A game he's been a dick for pretty much the entire time.  And he actually pushed for the nominations to remain the same, which, if you're on the block you HAVE to take a shot at getting the veto used on you.  He's delusional that he has Alyssa in his back pocket, and the votes, and he's set this week, and his "Plan" to remain on the block worked, and did I mention he's a dick?  I think he'll be a dick when he leaves, give some dickish interviews about how the evil women are picking on the Italian, and then fade into obscurity.  

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

I'm not too concerned about Brent being blindsided.  It's a game.  A game he's been a dick for pretty much the entire time.  And he actually pushed for the nominations to remain the same, which, if you're on the block you HAVE to take a shot at getting the veto used on you.  He's delusional that he has Alyssa in his back pocket, and the votes, and he's set this week, and his "Plan" to remain on the block worked, and did I mention he's a dick?  I think he'll be a dick when he leaves, give some dickish interviews about how the evil women are picking on the Italian, and then fade into obscurity.  

I definitely agree with that. I’ve never had an issue with blindsiding people. I actually love it as a viewer. 

• Love 3
(edited)

A few minutes ago, Brent looking into the camera and saying "everything is going according to plan. We have the votes, and Alyssa is completely loyal to me..." with his sunglasses and bandana on, I can't help but think how much he comes off like Ben Stiller doing a Zoolander sketch. Seriously with the glasses on for full effect, he looks like Ben Stiller in character. 

Edited by vb68
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3

Brent has been boasting about his ability to manage the house since the first day. "Do you know how much damage control I had to do today?" He "has Derek X and Hannah and Whitney is his pocket." Alyssa has passed his loyalty tests. He is simply unable to see another world in which he is not the leader. Every single conversation is dominated by him. 

Hannah has attempted to push back. Today she said that she wanted to be spoken to with the same level of respect that Ky gets. Brent treats Ky as a "Vice President" in his company and her as a "secretary."  She's tried. And he pushes back harder every single time. He doesn't get it because he doesn't truly listen to others.

I am absolutely ok with a blindside. He said in his pre-game workup that he LOVES BLINDSIDES! He will feel honored to be "such a HUGE  threat." "Look,  the entire house had to orchestrate this in order to get me out."

• Love 10

Guess what.... Britini is talking about her next nomination speech to Ky. "You made me look really bad to America. I'm the underdog of this whole thing...yada yada."

(edited)
8 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I'm starting to feel really uncomfortable about how completely blindsided Brent could be, in a way he's going to find completely humiliating.

I can picture people laughing at him for years to come over this. I don't enjoy Brent's attitudes towards women, and his overconfidence, but he's not a monster. He's not Evel Dick or Boogie. He doesn't deserve this IMO. I hope they give him a clue before kicking him out. 

Didn't his father commit suicide not that long ago? 

It's interesting to see how varied this fan base is, even within this small and particularly snarky corner of the BB fandom, because blindsides to oblivious, pompous assholes are one of the best things about this show in my opinion. Brent deserves every bit of humiliation he gets for the way he's treated women and people of colour in the house and chances are, his views extend beyond the house so that makes me doubly okay with it. You're right, he's not trying to burn people with cigarettes or stalking old friends - he can be worse because he's the threat that isn't as obvious (I say "can" because we don't really know for sure but I think the Big Brother house amplifies parts of your personality and brings out the best and worst in you). And honestly, he's 28 years old. He's not some young kid just forming his views on the world. He has experience and has lived. He has no fucking excuse for being the way he is. It's moments like this that I'm glad I'm out of the dating scene and settled down because Brents aren't rare. They're more common than people like to think.

Brent will either have a wake-up call when he leaves the house and try to learn and adjust or - and this is the more likely scenario - he'll double down on being a misogynistic asshole who has said some questionably racist things and get a guest spot on Love Island or show up on The Challenge next year.

(I had a whole side piece on how women are conditioned to react to unwanted sexual advances in the same way that Hannah has been but honestly the whole idea just bums me out more than it usually does at the moment.)

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 21
(edited)

I hear you on this. But I guess the whole thing about his father's suicide is really bothering me. I know how much that damages a family. Then again, I don't really know who Brent is, how he'll react to a huge rejection by the house . In other words, he's not me. Maybe he deserves this. He might just be angry and get worse. Or not. He might learn. Because with people, you just never know. 

46 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I had a whole side piece on how women are conditioned to react to unwanted sexual advances in the same way that Hannah has been

It really bothered me to hear Hannah trash Brent privately one minute, then be cuddled up with him on the show. Talk about giving mixed signals! If I could go back and raise my four daughters again, I'd emphasize way more strongly that it doesn't matter if you look "rude" saying no to people who invade your space. (One of my daughters sat with a loud drunken boy, totally mortified, at a public event. I asked her why she didn't just get up and leave and she said she didn't want to be rude or hurt his feelings, even though she thought he was a total creep. Clearly I'd missed giving her some important lessons.) 

Like you too, I'm so interested at the intense and contrasting emotions this situation is bringing out in people. That said, what I'm feeling is nothing compared to the season all the minorities were stuck in the little camp. That was so disturbing I could hardly watch. This season is like a day at the beach by comparison! 

It might not sound like it, but I'm still loving this season. 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 7
(edited)

Are the feeds normally like this, with Production hitting the WBRB button every five minutes?
I’ve been trying to watch Xavier/Christian/Alyssa/Azah/Whitney play Favorites, but the assholes in Production keep blocking out the answers with the bubbles. 🤬🤬🤬

Edited by Nashville
Alyssa, not Melissa. Damn autocorrect
5 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Are the feeds normally like this, with Production hitting the WBRB button every five minutes?
I’ve been trying to watch Xavier/Christian/Alyssa/Azah/Whitney play Favorites, but the assholes in Production keep blocking out the answers with the bubbles. 🤬🤬🤬

Pretty much. This season is weeeeeeeeird.

Feeds-wise.

11 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

It really bothered me to hear Hannah trash Brent privately one minute, then be cuddled up with him on the show. Talk about giving mixed signals! If I could go back and raise my four daughters again, I'd emphasize way more strongly that it doesn't matter if you look "rude" saying no to people who invade your space. (One of my daughters sat with a loud drunken boy, totally mortified, at a public event. I asked her why she didn't just get up and leave and she said she didn't want to be rude or hurt his feelings, even though she thought he was a total creep. Clearly I'd missed giving her some important lessons.) 

Here’s the thing. In raising your daughters I would think “being on a reality show where any confrontation can get you booted and cost you $750k” is not part of what you would need to teach them. I have no doubt that if Brent had approached Hannah in the outside world, she would have shut his ass down quick. However, this is Big Brother. A show where Dick is still considered one of the greats. A show where Mike degraded and humiliated Erika all season long pretending to like her and still won over her. Women do not generally have the luxury to just tell off men and say ‘get the fuck away from me and stop touching me, and you are a douche of a human’ and not have it boomerang back to them just being difficult and someone who needs to leave. 

I don’t see her going out of her way to approach him and hug him. I see her as someone trying to make him feel safe while she blindsides his ass on Thursday. And I am TOTALLY fine with that lesson on how to deal with dicks. 

• Love 21

Eww. Boogie and Erika. For me the absolute nadir of BB. 

I want Hannah to say, calmly and pleasantly to Brent, "No. I'm not comfortable with this. Don't do it any more. Thanks!" without acting defensive or forfeiting her place in the game or even causing a big scene. I mean what's he going to do? Physically force her to cuddle? Have her voted out? Unlikely. I'm very uneasy with the idea she needs to do it to win the money, and I don't believe she does .

I'm sure Tiffany could do it. That's my perception of her anyway. Then again, she has a lot more life experience than Hannah. I can't see her putting up with anything.

I'm not criticizing Hannah, she's one of my favourites and really young. She's handling everything 100 times better than I would have at her age. 

Anyway, I expect her to do the dance of joy as she watches Brent's shocked blindside face leave the house. 

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, Nashville said:

In one word, yes.

It's gotten progressively worse through the seasons, but this year tops them all.

57 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Pretty much. This season is weeeeeeeeird.

Feeds-wise.

18 minutes ago, vb68 said:

In one word, yes.

It's gotten progressively worse through the seasons, but this year tops them all.

Okay.  Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but initially I was happy at the prospect of getting the feeds.  Their current reality, though, as been pretty damn underwhelming - enough so that I’m already starting to second-guess my decision to drop the cash for them.  And that makes me sad.  😕

(edited)
39 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I want Hannah to say, calmly and pleasantly to Brent, "No. I'm not comfortable with this. Don't do it any more. Thanks!" without acting defensive or forfeiting her place in the game or even causing a big scene. I mean what's he going to do? Physically force her to cuddle? Have her voted out? Unlikely. I'm very uneasy with the idea she needs to do it to win the money, and I don't believe she does .

I mean, that's what happened with BB16's Amber and Beast Mode Dickhead Caleb. He hit on her, she gave signals that it was a no, he became a crazy stalker within the house, she outright said no, and he made sure the rest of the house targeted her for not immediately falling to her knees and begging for his dick. I don't blame Hannah for just taking it - I wish the game was set up in a way that people could complain to HR the DR and Production actually take steps to rectify the situations but they don't so this is where we are. Still.

5 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Okay.  Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but initially I was happy at the prospect of getting the feeds.  Their current reality, though, as been pretty damn underwhelming - enough so that I’m already starting to second-guess my decision to drop the cash for them.  And that makes me sad.  😕

It's super painful from Canada - I'm paying $20 CAD a month to be told WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK. As if my sanity wasn't already in question...

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Brian Cronin said:

What would even be the "checkmate" move here?!!?

Supposedly Brent has put a plan together that ensures his safety while somehow proving to X, and everyone else, that he is too much of a master strategist to be messed with. I don’t know what that plan is, but Brent thinks it’s a lock because others have lied and said they’re on board. Sorry to be vague, I just came in on the tail end of people talking about it last night and never heard the details.

33 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I want Hannah to say, calmly and pleasantly to Brent, "No. I'm not comfortable with this. Don't do it any more. Thanks!" without acting defensive or forfeiting her place in the game or even causing a big scene. I mean what's he going to do? Physically force her to cuddle? Have her voted out? Unlikely.

Yeah but don’t forget, we are talking about a guy who, one day after having a conversation with Azah in which she calmly explained the difference between floaters and coasters without ever once raising her voice or being the least bit confrontational, decided she was a problem and had to GO.

So while I don’t think Brent would force himself on her, I definitely think his pride would be wounded enough to want her voted out.

Brent is the kind of drama this show does not need. It’s good he’s going.

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

So while I don’t think Brent would force himself on her, I definitely think his pride would be wounded enough to want her voted out

I agree, but fortunately he won't have the power. 

Like you, I'm still unclear why X is insisting on all this subterfuge to keep Brent happy. What's Brent's cunning plan? Does X think Brent's in a position to save himself? Or does he just want a quiet house? It should make for some great suspense on Thursday though, waiting for possible fireworks, although I expect Brent to be way too gobsmacked to say much. 

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Yeah? This is just my second year on feeds, but it seemed to me like last year was much worse. I figured that was because All Stars don’t give a shit about production rules and didn’t try that hard to not trigger the button.

Sometimes I can tell why they’re hitting the button (singing, talking about people who didn’t sign consent agreements), but mostly it just seems so random. I also don’t understand why they can’t just hit the button on whichever set of feeds caused a problem and let the others continue. It’s like making the whole class stay after school because one jackass talked back to Teacher.

At least they stopped playing that godawful “Turn it Up” music. I would have run screaming from feeds by day 3 if that shit had continued.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, MV007 said:

I guess my question is do you want people’s behavior to change?  I won’t argue with you over Brent’s narcissism. But if someone keeps saying something you disagree with or in Hannah’s case touching her in a way she doesn’t want then tell that person. Maybe Brent would freak out if you told him his views on women are problematic. Or maybe he’d learn something. I don’t know.

And Hannah’s complaints about not liking Brent’s massages and other touches are completely valid. At the same time the house is very touchy-feely and Brent has no idea he’s doing anything wrong. He’s not intending to make Hannah uncomfortable for whatever that is worth. 

This is something I always wonder about…

I think there’s a thing in all big brother houses where they LOOK for reasons that people other than themselves need to leave ASAP 

like whenever someone’s takes cash in a comp, they need to GO or if someone likes to do all the cooking and they aren’t a good cook they need to GO or if they’re using all the good shampoo they need to GO… it just seems like they take offence and exaggerate the problem into something bigger than it really is to keep the target elsewhere.

would they find Brent so horrible and repulsive if they weren’t playing a game?

Britini better quit bitching or that will be the reason that she needs to go next.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Like you, I'm still unclear why X is insisting on all this subterfuge to keep Brent happy. What's Brent's cunning plan? Does X think Brent's in a position to save himself? Or does he just want a quiet house? It should make for some great suspense on Thursday though, waiting for possible fireworks, although I expect Brent to be way too gobsmacked to say much. 

I’ve missed a lot, but this is my hazy understanding of what’s been happening:

1. Xavier thought he could keep a calm house and get Brent out without drama if he made Brent think he was just a pawn. Backstab!

2. Shockingly, people gossiped and Brent figured out he was in danger. He came up with a secret plan with the help of lying liars who pretended to be on board. With the promise of having their votes, he plotted to ensure X will be the one who is surprised on Thursday. Double cross!

3. Brent’s “co-conspirators” ran straight to X. They all laughed, congratulated each other and enjoyed a pre-celebration over Brent’s imminent demise. Double cross backstab blindside!

At this moment, I’m not sure how confident Brent is. I just heard him talking to Deref, who admitted he would be voting for Britini to stay. Brent said he knew he had the 3 votes of his teammates, but didn’t have anyone else locked down.* I assume he was holding back because I thought Ky and Derex were part of his plan to stay. I hope he was lying because I, too, want to see the fireworks!

*Brent doesn’t understand why he’s become such a target, because he hasn’t  done anything to prove he’s a threat. He thinks it must be because of his big abs. (In other words, he’s borrowed a page from Alyssa’s “Don’t Hate Me Because I’m Beautiful” playbook.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
47 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I also don’t understand why they can’t just hit the button on whichever set of feeds caused a problem and let the others continue. It’s like making the whole class stay after school because one jackass talked back to Teacher.

This.  So much this.  

I don't get the feeds, so I rely on posts here, and I have to say--strictly as a third hand observer--that I have watched the frustration level grow and grow among the feedsters here.  Many seasons ago, it was kind of a joke: "aaaaaaand....fish."  Now it seems to me if you get ten consecutive minutes of feed content, that's a miracle.

I get if one hamster is having a convo in one room involving someone who didn't sign a release, or a hamster in the backyard spontaneously belting out "Bohemian Rhapsody", they need to kill those cameras showing that.  But why all cameras?  Why for so long?

I appreciate the feedsters here, I really do.  But oh man, you are NOT getting what you paid for, and certainly not what is advertised.  Are the feeds for the Canadian BB or other international BBs similarly hampered?  

• Love 5