Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

(edited)

The Kings are celebrating in the storage room. After some cringetastic jokes about nominating Julie Chen and Zingbot (Xavier: "They need to go." Which yes to the first but keep the second), we finally got Christian saying that The Kings will be the only team with all its members and "they" will be down to 2 members. So Whitney definitely sounds like the target.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Useful 2

Oh, we're now in the demonization phase of the week. Azah and Deref (who just burped into his mic, thanks asshole) are calling Whitney "that bitch" and talking about how "that bitch is crazy" and bitch bitch bitch. Azah apologized for cussing. Deref is leaning into the "bitch"s.

2 hours ago, Pixiebomb said:

Every time I see Britini spelled out I do not read Brittney I read Brit-tini.  Like some exotic drink. Or maybe a really bad martini in London.   I don’t know. Is it Friday yet? 

Me too.  And it is always 5 o'clock somewhere, so I think it is also Friday somewhere.  Time is fluid.  Drink up, me hearties!  Yo ho!

(Why is the rum gone?)

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

AllGratefulAmericanmarten-size_restricte

In all seriousness, I saw complete essays being written elsewhere last night about Tiffany saying that she was all right with voting for Derex to win BB this year because he's a POC over a white person and how that is unfair to the white people in the house... but no essays about Whitney's actual racist comment because she's white and pretty and has shirts with boob and elbow windows. God, I hate this fandom sometimes.

I actually think it’s because most people agree that Whitney is “bad”. Whereas there is a lot of debate over whether the cookout and Tiffany prioritizing people of color is good or bad. So more debate leads to more polarizing takes and discussion. It’s a harder question with regard to Tiffany. Whitney is easy. Her comment is bad. Discussion over. 

• Useful 2

Christian winning hoh is worse case scenario for me. I need one of Christian or Alyssa to go. That showmance has to be one of the worst in the history of the show. I’d prefer Christian go because I think he’s a zero. Alyssa actually seems to try to play outside her terrible showmance. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Yay. A whole week of showmancing and canoodling under the covers. Don't the live feeds sound like so much fun, guys? Don't all of you who don't have them want them so much more now? Blech.

Lol.  Well, we do have Week 2 of the Olympics to keep us busy feeding our live feeds addiction right?

• Love 4

Derek F is a waste of space. He doesn’t do anything. His breathing is driving me up a wall and he can’t complete a complete sentence on eviction night. I actually think he’s winded from the couch to the DR to cast his vote. He would be good goat material though, right? If there is a goat I think it’s either him because he isn’t doing anything or Britini because no one would take her seriously if she made it to the Final 2. Am I off on that assessment? They are goat material, right? I know Brent wasn’t Pawn material but those other two could be Goat material. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I know there's a larger point in the rest of your post but what in the bluest of blue hells

Two different shirts but that Stonehenge-druid-but-make-it-sexy hoodie paired with the black tank is an intentional boob window and no one can change my mind. Not that I blame her, I do love a good boob window. Catches the potato chip crumbs. And then there was that white shirt, for when your elbows are warm but your hands are cold.
aociXjF.png

If both of those things (all three? Those thumb holes are fucking offensive, they're going on the list) could be in one shirt? Whitney would totally have brought it into the house this summer.

Edited by Callaphera
I have lots of boob window thoughts, okay? don't judge
  • LOL 14
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Yay. A whole week of showmancing and canoodling under the covers. Don't the live feeds sound like so much fun, guys? Don't all of you who don't have them want them so much more now? Blech  Bleach.

FTFY

3 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

(Why is the rum gone?)

(You know why....)

• LOL 2
5 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I think Whitney would like to be cross-examined by X.

If she disagrees with his definition, will he get mad and tell everyone she has to go?

Silly question. Of course he will.

Is she responsible for those?? Tiff is really testing my loyalty.

Sorry production, that ship has sailed. Your fault for letting Christian in.

You mean that’s not the right pronunciation? Because that’s how I’ve always said it.  DRINK!

The first time I read it, I thought it was a new wine cooler.  Naz-darovya.

4 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

Well, damn.  Will the Kings listen to SB and target Hannah?  Or will we have a Whit exit stage front next Thursday?  Or does he have some other target?

So, Christian may be official HoH but of course that means Alyssa will be making all the decisions. Which means the nominees will almost certainly be Whitney and Hannah, because they are the biggest rivals to her position as Queen Pretty. (They are also the names she has mentioned for game reasons, but I have strong suspicions their looks factor into it, because Alyssa is just That Kind of Girl.)

4 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Yay. A whole week of showmancing and canoodling under the covers. Don't the live feeds sound like so much fun, guys? Don't all of you who don't have them want them so much more now? Blech.

Oh, God. I hadn’t even considered that. Why do I have to be stuck with late night feeds.

Interesting that the broadcast didn’t even hint that Brent had been spoiled to his blindside. Guess it didn’t fit their narrative. But if I hadn’t known, I would have been very confused by his lack of surprise.

Tuned in to feeds to see Deref already spiraling. Azah is being much more c’est la vie, because she’s just that chill. Hannah tried to corner Christian, but he’s not ready to talk. Me team talks tomorrow, he stammers out. He do like Xavier. 

So was it Tiffany’s idea to give Christian and Alyssa matching hairstyles?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Two different shirts but that Stonehenge-druid-but-make-it-sexy hoodie paired with the black tank is an intentional boob window and no one can change my mind. Not that I blame her, I do love a good boob window. Catches the potato chip crumbs. And then there was that white shirt, for when your elbows are warm but your hands are cold.
aociXjF.png

If both of those things (all three? Those thumb holes are fucking offensive, they're going on the list) could be in one shirt? Whitney would totally have brought it into the house this summer.

I mean, I grew up with neon leg warmers (they were cool! really!) but I never knew arm warmers were seriously a thing. I'm so confused.

So Christian is HOH, Post Malone is happening, and there is lots of Alyssa giggling to be had this week. Cool, cool, cool.

But I will be enjoying Deref as a have not this week, apparently.

• Love 1
(edited)

Kings team meeting in the HoH room. Whitney and Hannah will be the nominees, because both have been identified as targeting Kings. Neither is the front runner right now; they will decide as the week goes on.

ETA: Sounds like they’re leaning towards Hannah.

Edited by 30 Helens

Alyssa is advocating for Hannah as a target, because nobody else is targeting her. Everybody else wants Whitney out, so it makes sense to keep her around as a spare target. Otherwise, Kings will move to the front of the target list.

They all seem to concur. They also agree that both Whitney and Hannah need to leave pre-jury, because neither would vote for a King to win.

Talk turns to backup noms, in case Whitney or Hannah win veto. Britini is proposed. X says if Britini goes up, they have to just send her home because it’s too cruel to nom her over and over. Christian suggests Deref or Azah, but X steers talk away from that.

X, SB and Alyssa are worried about Christian conducting meetings on his own. Can he talk to Hannah without letting it slip she’s the target, not the pawn? Christian contemplates his bag of chips and grumbles that they’re stressing him out.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2

They’re still trying to give Christian advice on how to handle his week, but he’s not listening. He’s too busy exploring his HoH treasures. X says not to talk strategy with other Royal Flush members without all Kings present. Christian: “I’m not stupid…oooh, TWO cans of Pringles!”

Heh. This could be a trainwreck.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Me: "Huh, maybe the feeds have picked back up, I should check..."
The feeds: "giggle giggle maybe I shouldn't come up to the HoH room at night because hair toss giggle everyone might think we're in a showmance giggle barf."

JUST FUCK ALREADY AND PUT US OUT OF OUR MISERY

• LOL 12

Ky talks to the camera about Brent. He doesn’t think he’s a bad person, he just needs to grow. He hopes Brent learns from the experience. After all, he’s young, and Ky was also pretty stupid when he was that age… and I don’t think that’s how he meant it to come out, but whatever. It’s valid.

Later, Claire tells Tiff that Ky does nightly talks to the camera. “Really?” Tiff is shocked. “Another Frenchie,” she sniffs.

Tiff and Claire plan to sell themselves to Alyssa and Christian as another duo that can provide cover. They can protect each other. Derex comes in and they whisper about the comp. He either threw it and was called out by SB, or he was supposed to throw it and SB thought he was trying too hard. I can’t tell which because they are whispering too softly.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Ky talks to the camera about Brent. He doesn’t think he’s a bad person, he just needs to grow. He hopes Brent learns from the experience. After all, he’s young, and Ky was also pretty stupid when he was that age… and I don’t think that’s how he meant it to come out, but whatever. It’s valid.

Friendly reminder that Kyland just turned 30 in the house and Brent is 28. IT'S A TWO YEAR DIFFERENCE, KYLAND. FUCK OFF WITH YOUR BAD AGE MATH.

• LOL 8
  • Love 10

Also what's up with the weird infantilizing of Brent? He's literally a full grown adult. I don't even know anymore but it's making me laugh. Poor baby Brent, such an innocent creature just trying to find his way in the world.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Tiff, Claire and all Aces are together now, talking about live feeds. Tiff loves feeds, and watches them all the time.

They think it’s good that HoH is revealed on Thursday, so fans don’t have to wait until Sunday to see who won the comp. Tiff says if you have live feeds, you can watch the comps there. That’s what she used to do. SB is confused, because she has tried to watch live comps many times and can never find them.

Then they talk about how they shouldn’t be talking about this because feeds will be cut off. Oh, they’re already cut off, Tiff assures them. She also explains that when they hear the announcer voice saying not to talk about production, feeds have already been cut. Viewers never hear that.

HAS TIFFANY EVER SEEN LIVE FEEDS?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

Real life name talk: Nobody calls Hannah “Hannah” at home. She goes by “Chaddha”. Most people call Tiffany “Tippy Toes”. (Or is it “Tiffy Toes”?)*

Sarah Beth is fine with Sarah, Sarah Beth, Sarah Elizabeth, or SB. Just don’t call her “Beth” or you will be dead to her.

*I have heard people call her this before, and it’s cute as a joke, or a childhood nickname, but this is really what everyone calls her at home? Now? At age 40-whatever? OK, then.

Whitney is having trouble memorizing dates. They keep getting jumbled in her head. Hannah advises her to follow the rule of Sevens: If first HoH comp happened on day 3, then the second was day 10, the third day 17, etc. 

Whitney says she’s going to write it all down with hot sauce, and LOL I forgot all about her ketchup-and-toilet-paper journaling plans! Also, don’t worry about it, Whit. You’ll never need to know that information.

• LOL 5

I would normally think that Xavier is playing with fire here by allowing the rest of Kings to think Hannah is the target while he is clearly going to have the Cookout vote out Whitney instead, but Christian is so dumb that once Veto is over, he will be so easy to sway to voting Whitney out. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Hannah and Whitney are so relieved that they can hang out in the bathroom without fear of Brent walking in and making some lewd comment.  It was also great that they could have a team meeting earlier without listening to the double entrendres, and it sucks that they had to deal with that this whole time.

It also sucks that they had to compromise their own games just to get rid of him (and I say this even caring not one bit about Whitney or her game). I mean, with all of the show’s pronouncements about doing better, could nobody take Brent aside and tell him to knock it the hell off and OH MY GOD CAN THEY PLEASE BE ALLOWED TO REMOVE THEIR MICROPHONES WHEN CLIPPING THEIR TOENAILS!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I would normally think that Xavier is playing with fire here by allowing the rest of Kings to think Hannah is the target while he is clearly going to have the Cookout vote out Whitney instead, but Christian is so dumb that once Veto is over, he will be so easy to sway to voting Whitney out. 

Yeah, I was wondering about that too, but X is kind of in a tough spot here. If he pushes too hard against having any Cookout members nominated, it will look suspicious. He may also recognize that one or more of the Cookout may have to be sacrificed at some point to protect the rest, and Hannah is kind of on the periphery, so maybe he sees her as expendable…

I actually think he’s doing a masterful job of straddling the line so far. And as you say, Christian is easy to manipulate. But I think Alyssa is really the one who will have to be manipulated, and that may not be so simple. I’m worried for Hannah.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Yeah, I was wondering about that too, but X is kind of in a tough spot here. If he pushes too hard against having any Cookout members nominated, it will look suspicious. He may also recognize that one or more of the Cookout may have to be sacrificed at some point to protect the rest, and Hannah is kind of on the periphery, so maybe he sees her as expendable…

I actually think he’s doing a masterful job of straddling the line so far. And as you say, Christian is easy to manipulate. But I think Alyssa is really the one who will have to be manipulated, and that may not be so simple. I’m worried for Hannah.

What can she do? There are 10 vote and the Cookout control five of them. Will they seriously not get ONE more vote? Claire was ready for Whitney to go next, too, I believe. 

5 minutes ago, PhoneCop said:

Derex is presumably in the tank for Hannah too, so that's seven.

I don't know where Britini's vote goes in this scenario, but if the Cookout+ holds firm, it won't matter.

The bigger issue, of course, is that the Cookout doesn't want to reveal itself this soon and this is really where I think Claire has kind of fucked herself. I think she is getting suspicious that something like the Cookout exists based on how protective Ky and X are being to Hannah right now, a person who is, as far as Claire knows, not in any alliances or teams with Ky and X. Claire is smart enough to know that stuff. However, she has NO ONE to tell this to because she has attached herself to ONE person and that one person isn't even really on her side.

Some shitty gameplay by Claire here. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

The bigger issue, of course, is that the Cookout doesn't want to reveal itself this soon

Exactly. Which is why it’s better for all of them, and X specifically right now, if they can bend their teammates to their will rather than just defying them with votes.

X was already suggesting to Alyssa, right before they went to sleep, that she talk to Hannah— to pump her for info and see where her head is at, in case it might be better to work with her short term. Alyssa agreed that that would be a good idea, probably because he handed her the reins.

With fewer obvious targets, and with various intersecting alliances creating a need for more sophisticated strategy, I think this game is about to get very interesting.

• Love 9

Good morning! Mercifully none of the cameras are on the HOH room. But I don't think that would matter because I'm pretty sure that Alyssa is sleeping in the blue sofa room. And in the bed next to hers is Xavier.

Looking at cam 2, I'm not sure that's Alyssa now. It looks like her in cam 1. The Cross bedroom is shown on cam 3. Three beds are occupied. In two the occupants are wrapped like mummies in their duvets. Sarah Beth could be the other one. Cam 4 shows the back of one of the mummies.

I really want to see the Have Not room.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yikes.

Well, to be fair; was Alyssa disparaging Afros as a look in general, or as a look which doesn’t work for her specifically?

Disclaimer: I am not a big Alyssa fan.  At all.

ETA: if Alyssa was saying an Afro isn’t a good look for her, I would be hard-put to disagree; just trying to think about it keeps giving me “the New Jan Brady” flashes....

Edited by Nashville
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Nashville said:

Well, to be fair; was Alyssa disparaging Afros as a look in general, or as a look which doesn’t work for her specifically?

This is just what I was thinking. I'm way more concerned about her claim that she doesn't have ugly friends. To me that's way more judgmental. 

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't care, saying 'ew no it looks like an Afro' is not a good look in any way, shape, or form lol.

For sure, it was a thoughtless thing to say, hurtful and offensive to a lot of people. She shouldn't have said it. Same for her "ugly" comment. 

Watching her behavior and actions on the show, I don't get the impression she's racist. Is she prejudiced against ugly people? Impossible to know since BB doesn't cast ugly people. (Visibly ugly people I mean.) But her criteria for choosing friends isn't promising. 

• Love 2

Everyone's up. Derek F is complaining how Rebecca Black? Blatt? Wanted him to come downstairs and talk game talk, and he's not going to do it. He also said he feels great. His bed was on a slant and his legs hung over.

Xavier and Sarah talking in the Joker room. It might have been Sarah sleeping in the Joker room. Xavier says he likes sleeping better in the Joker room than Corals, which I think is the Cross bedroom.

9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Judging by the pics she's posted on social media, all of her friends are white. She said she 'doesn't have ugly friends.' She made an 'ew Afro' comment. It's quite dicey lol.

I have to keep reminding myself not to fall into the trap I've fallen into in past seasons, where I find myself defending a houseguest, and then much later, seeing them on TV or social media, wonder what on earth I was thinking. 

I remember it started many moons ago when I defended a houseguest quite fervently. After the season, I went to her Facebook page and thought "Ew. Did I lose my mind? I would never be friends with this person." 

I've noticed it only happens in seasons I'm really invested in. I get really involved, then a month after the show ends it doesn't even make sense why I got involved defending people I literally don't know. It's BB Madness. 😁

So my new opinion about Alyssa is "I don't know her." TM Mariah Carey (who I also don't know.) 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Everyone's up. Derek F is complaining how Rebecca Black? Blatt? Wanted him to come downstairs and talk game talk, and he's not going to do it. He also said he feels great. His bed was on a slant and his legs hung over.

They played Rebecca Black's "Friday" as the wakeup song and so he's complaining about that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Cross bedroom - all those beds are made up very tidily. Looks like no one slept there.

Christian is talking with Xavier about his speech. Xavier said it should be vague, such as he heard these two people were after his team and so he's protecting himself and his team. I think Xavier is trying to dissuade Christian from Hannah. Britini says she's convinced Christian has more hair than she does. Xavier just said Alyssa slept in the Joker room. Christian has a scattered mind. He does not want to put Hannah up, he feels like that would betray her. Xavier asks who would be likely to take a bold shot at us. Xavier is also not inclined to put up Hannah.

• Love 1

It’ll be interesting to see whether Hannah gets nommed. It’s Christian/X vs. Alyssa/SB and I don’t know who will win out.

A part of me wants Whit to win WC and take the safety just to mess with another fairly easy week for CO but then I’m very concerned Hannah would go and I really don’t want that.

Does anyone remember exactly what Julie said with regards to this week’s WC? Obviously the rumor that the last place finisher is automatically booted from the game was wrong.

• Love 1