Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

(edited)

The last season that we had players like Brent AND Travis both out before Jury was probably BB17, which turned out very well overall, but, of course, this show being this show, it still ended up with a guy winning. 

It could be 9 women and 1 guy and a guy would probably still end up winning.

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 1

Brent tells Azah she looks great for 30. He asks if getting older bothers her, and instead of laughing in his face, she gives him a serious “no”. Then they discuss the pitfalls of aging, which apparently include a compulsion to have affairs and dye your hair blue.

And as someone who left 30 by the side of the road many towns ago, I would like to give a serious “fuck you” to the both of them.

Brent’s hope is to get older without ever growing up. I don’t think that even needs a comment.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

Tiff is trying to explain the game to Azah and Azah is just not getting it. I mean, she seems like a lovely person with many good qualities, but someone really should have told her to check those qualities at the door. The deception and backstabbing is really starting to get to her and the way things are going, she could end up being the next meltdown queen.

• Love 4

Alyssa is complaining that everyone else in the house can cuddle and have orgies, but if she so much as shakes Christian’s hand, people point and make jokes. She finds it very annoying.

Who is having orgies??

• LOL 13
31 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Tiff is trying to explain the game to Azah and Azah is just not getting it. I mean, she seems like a lovely person with many good qualities, but someone really should have told her to check those qualities at the door. The deception and backstabbing is really starting to get to her and the way things are going, she could end up being the next meltdown queen.

I just don't get what Azah is doing here, as it seems like the very notion of Big Brother sort of offends her sensibilities. 

7 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Alyssa is complaining that everyone else in the house can cuddle and have orgies, but if she so much as shakes Christian’s hand, people point and make jokes. She finds it very annoying.

Who is having orgies??

It truly is, "Just because we're hooking up, why does everyone have to act like we're hooking up?" 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Tiff asked X for help dealing with Azah. She told him Azah has no respect for her game, and the more she tries to talk to Azah about it, the more Azah shuts down. She is starting to dislike Tiffany because she cannot separate game moves from real life values, and is taking everything way too personally.

X promised to talk to Azah. He proposed setting up something where Azah can smile and not compromise her principles, while the rest of the alliance takes on the job of being devious and underhanded.

And I don’t see how this can possibly work. The cracks in the Cookout are widening.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Tiff asked X for help dealing with Azah. She told him Azah has no respect for her game, and the more she tries to talk to Azah about it, the more Azah shuts down. She is starting to dislike Tiffany because she cannot separate game moves from real life values, and is taking everything way too personally.

X promised to talk to Azah. He proposed setting up something where Azah can smile and not compromise her principles, while the rest of the alliance takes on the job of being devious and underhanded.

And I don’t see how this can possibly work. The cracks in the Cookout are widening.

That's just bonkers. It doesn't even REMOTELY make any sense. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Why is that we have pet cats, but not pet giraffes? Because different things are, you know, different.

Similarly, white-only groups are invariably based upon white supremacy and adhering to the racist power structure of the world, while minority-only groups are based on shared experience of the struggle of racism, in pointed CONTRAST to the racist power structure of the world. 

In short, they are not the same thing, they've never been the same thing and they never will be the same thing. 

To compare them with state-sponsored segregation is ill-considered.

First off if you can afford to have a pet giraffe, you can have a pet giraffe.  I think the late King of Pop proved that to be true.😄

The Merriam-Webster definition of the world segregation is as follows...

The separation or isolation of a race, class, or ethnic group by enforced or voluntary residence in a restricted area, by barriers to social intercourse, by separate educational facilities, or by other discriminatory means.

Note how there was no mention of privilege or anything of that nature.  Therefore, by the textbook definition of the word, the Cookout alliance is an alliance built on segregation.

If you view the world as racism being in every facet of the world and white supremacy lurking around every corner, then what you are saying is correct.  I am not saying it (racism) does not exist, because it obviously does.  I would also point out it is clearly not just an American only thing (Look at what China is doing to its Muslim population).  I just do not think, in modern day America, that it is anywhere near as bad as people make it out to be and it is certainly not what is was sixty to seventy years ago.

When I think of a white supremacist, I think of some uneducated loser who has no real power to control anything.

When you say the racist power structure of the world, are talking about countries where white people are the majority of the population?  Because how can a white supremacist power structure of the world control what goes on in China or any of the other countries where they are not the majority?  Chinese people and Japanese people tend to despise each other, does that have to do with this world racist power structure that you are talking about?

I grew up in the 80's and as a child I had friends of all different skin colors and because of that I am a better person for it.  My criteria for being friends with someone was simple, "Do you like Transformers?  Do you like Star Wars?  How about the WWF?"  If you said yes to any of that then you were my friend.  Nothing else mattered. 

Even to this day all I care about is if you are a nice person. If you are then we can be friends, I do not give a rats ass what the color of your skin is, who you prefer to sleep with, if you are religious or not.  If you are cool, you are cool and none of that other stuff matters.

I think all forms of segregation is wrong.  It does not matter who is doing it or why, it is wrong.  The more we are around people who are different from us (Be it skin color, gender, sexuality, religion, etc.) the more open we become to them and the differences we might have with them. 

Look at Daryl Davis.  For those who do not know who he is, Mister Davis is many things he is a musician, actor...well just look him up online you will see.  Mister Davis is a black man who regularly attends KKK rallies and befriends members of the Klan.  He regularly convinces people to leave the KKK and shows them it is wrong to think the way they do.

Just being around Daryl causes these KKK members to realize that people are people (Not trying to get all Depeche Mode here.).  The world is a better place thanks to the Daryl's efforts.  Had Daryl decided that he did not want to do what he does because of historical oppression and instead he isolated himself and only associated with people who looked like him, the world would be worse off.  He is changing people's minds for the better.

This will be the last I speak on this topic because I honestly don't enjoy going back and forth with people online.  Though I will say this, I never thought saying any kind of segregation was wrong, would be considered wrong think. 

But then again on another site I post on, I once had someone ask me if I had any compassion for drunk drivers who kill people and when I said no, they called me an idiot who has no humanity.  So the internet is a strange place. 

Now if you will excuse me, I am off to play some Among Us, where I will have a bunch of teenagers tell me how dumb I am.

• Love 8
(edited)

Sure, I finally shake a three day migraine and decide to check in on the feeds and it's Love Island all over the place. I'd almost rather have the migraine back.

No but seriously, if you thought Alyssa and Christian were pure cringe, wait until you see Whitney and Xavier roleplaying how they hit on people at the bars.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1

Lots of Whitney/ X flirting going on in the HoH room. The orgy hasn’t started yet, but you know if it does all the whispering will still be about Christian and Alyssa, because life is just not fair for pretty people.

Or Britini.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Great, now Britini is having her nightly weepfest because she felt Tiffany was being dismissive of her, and Azah is listening stonefaced, and there goes another wedge between Azah and Tiffany.

Derek is giving her a pep talk. He is not going to let anyone manipple-ate them. They will not be manipple-ated, dammit.

Edited by 30 Helens
Had to manipple-ate the pronunciation.
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Now Azah is starting to cry. She tells Deref she doesn’t know how much longer she can do this. She wasn’t raised like that.

And did she never see an episode of this show before signing up? Or hear about it? Or look up the definition of “game”?? Because…

And now that Britini has passed the drama torch, her eyes are dry.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Now Azah is starting to cry. She tells Deref she doesn’t know how much longer she can do this. She wasn’t raised like that.

Oh oh. To echo other posters, she really doesn't get how this game works. How did she get this far without knowing about the bluffing and backstabbing? Watching her act devastated and outraged will not be fun at all. 

2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Brent tells Azah she looks great for 30.

I know! She still has all her own teeth and almost never uses a walker. 

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

To be fair, how can you tell? Everything she says comes out loud and aggressive (or whiny).

She was smiling and laughing the whole time she was doing her questioning so that to me was a good indicator that it wasn't a serious thing. I mean, I do think she was annoyed that someone keeps purposefully moving the toilet paper from over to under, which is in fact annoying, but she wasn't being serious with her 'interrogation.' I also think it's important to remember that Britini was diagnosed with autism. I mean, feel free to still hate her and what not, I hate Ian lol, but still.

5 hours ago, choclatechip45 said:

Does anyone know if [Azah] was a recruit? because she has to be.

Azah is a pretty big fan and actually knows a lot about previous seasons of not only the US show but also international ones.

Watching the show and being on it are very different things. I actually think being a super fan makes for bad players/HGs.

But I have to say, I get to where Azah and Britini are coming from with regards to Tiffany. She lied to them and she really did not need to. The best players can handle people who play differently than they do. Tiffany handled them badly. 

Also, I find it annoying that Tiffany and co. are so annoyed by Britini and Azah's emotional game play. It's easy to not be emotional when you're not nominated and none of your allies are nominated lol. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Azah has to build a thicker skin to make it through this game or at the very least develop a poker face. I can understand her feelings towards Tiffany though. Tiffany's actions and interactions with people do come across as very fake and untrustworthy. My reaction to her would probably be similar to Azah's if this wasn't a game for $750k.

That being said Azah will probably be the first Cookout member out the door and probably pre jury. I don't see anyone going out of the way to save her.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, keke23 said:

That being said Azah will probably be the first Cookout member out the door and probably pre jury. I don't see anyone going out of the way to save her.

I think the only way a Cookout member will go pre-jury is if someone not in it gets HOH and noms 2 of them. None of The Cookout members will nominate each other before jury. They want them all to make jury to maintain those 5 votes to control the winner and I do believe that is the priority for all of them. They only have to get through 2 more evictions (not including this one as it's obvious none of them will go this week) to accomplish that.

And as of now, no one would nominate 2 of them. No one has any idea that The Cookout is a thing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I also think it's important to remember that Britini was diagnosed with autism. I mean, feel free to still hate her and what not, I hate Ian lol, but still.

I did not know that Britini has autism. That does make a difference, and I will factor that into my opinion of her. I gotta say, though, I don’t think it’s going to make the constant victim posturing, or the rapping, any easier to take.

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Also, I find it annoying that Tiffany and co. are so annoyed by Britini and Azah's emotional game play. It's easy to not be emotional when you're not nominated and none of your allies are nominated lol. 

What I am starting to find annoying about Azah is not that she is emotional, but that she is putting herself above the game. She may not mean to disparage Tiffany’s character by making negative comments about her gameplay, but that’s how it’s coming across. I don’t have a problem with Azah (or Britini, for that matter) getting emotional as long as they can pull themselves together, realize it’s a game, and not take everything so personally.

As for lying to Azah unnecessarily, I’m not sure what you were referring to, but I can definitely see where Tiffany might need to keep some things from her in order to protect her own game. Azah is very close to Britini, and Britini is not Tiffany’s ally. Knowing that Azah tends to play with her heart, even to her own detriment, Tiffany may even think it’s kinder to lie than to force Azah into a position where  she’s keeping secrets from her friends.

• Love 3

Tiffany told Britini before the WC that the two of them were gonna keep Derex from winning and then she preceded to join forces with Derex to take out Britini. After that, she told Britini and Azah the reason she did it was because X was gonna put up Deref or Azah if Britini won, which wasn’t true and Tiffany knew that. So I think they have a right to find Tiffany shady. Now, they needed to just file that away and remember it instead of throwing pity parties but still they had a legitimate gripe. Tiffany has actually always been dismissive of Azah imo but just like I think Azah has a legitimate gripe against Tiffany, Tiffany is right to question Azah’s game since Azah is, well, terrible at it lol.

This is hilarious. They better put that in the show. 

• Love 2

Britain being autistic explains her focus on why she was on the block when she did nothing wrong.   She has likely always focused on appropriate actions and the undercurrents of game play must be hard for her.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

I really don't think it's a coincidence that casting the most diverse group of players has resulted in one of the most enjoyable seasons in an extremely long time. It's beyond pitiful that it took so much pain, suffering, and time for TPTB to finally listen and do something about it, but I am so happy that they did!

• Love 9

I’ve been out of pocket this weekend, but super happy it looks like Brent is going home. Would be super happy to see Whitney follow him out next week. After that, I get all hurt when anyone says they are targeting anyone else (other than Alyssa/Christian). I like so many people. Britini annoys the fuck out of me, but I don’t have any beef with her personally. Same with Azah. Same with many of them. 

While This week will probably be boring, I’ll be OK with that. I’ll just switch over to Olympics. But I will be looking forward to Wednesday discussions of what everyone is prepared to do with the HOH - all five versions they say depending on who they are talking to!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

The strategizing for next week has already begun. Alyssa, Christian, DereX and eventually X have just had a big powwow. (Just sitting out in the open, too.)  Alyssa is really pushing getting Whitney to go for HOH so she can go after the rest of the Jokers. Alyssa doesn't want to do it herself because it will draw a line and make people mad. Lol  Christian doesn't want to win two comps back to back. Alyssa basically calls Hannah worthless several times. DereX is pretty noncommittal all the way around, and I wonder if he will run to Hannah and tell her that she's on Alyssa's radar.  

Edited by vb68
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

I like so many people. Britini annoys the fuck out of me, but I don’t have any beef with her personally. Same with Azah. Same with many of them. 

Agreed. On a personal basis, no game play involved, there isn’t a person here that I wouldn’t invite to my house for dinner. Well, maybe Brent can stay home.

It’s a refreshing change from last year (and many years), where at a certain point it became who do I hate the least.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

What is stuck in the back of Brett's headband?

Also Brent looks like a chipmunk.

I think it's just the ends of his headband sticking up.

15 minutes ago, Lamima said:

Aw, love Azah as a person. Not the best game wise but she has a golden heart!!!! 

She made more sense than I expected tonight. She knew she was safe as a pawn, and to her it was way easier than talking down a crying Britini for a week. And Britini was legitimately and understandably confused and devastated that everyone was targeting her. I wonder if she's been told it's all for show? 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Melina22 said:

I wonder if she's been told it's all for show? 

I kind of feel like she almost shouldn't be, because doesn't Brent think he's safe? If she found out she's the safe one, she could start acting more comfortable and set off Brent's alarm bells. Maybe it's kind of mean to do to her, and it's probably hard to live with, but it could be worth it to make sure Thursday turns out how they want it to.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I kind of feel like she almost shouldn't be, because doesn't Brent think he's safe? If she found out she's the safe one, she could start acting more comfortable and set off Brent's alarm bells. Maybe it's kind of mean to do to her, and it's probably hard to live with, but it could be worth it to make sure Thursday turns out how they want it to.

But in a way... it's like so what if Brent knows he's the target because he likely will be the one going home. So who cares. 

• Love 3
(edited)
53 minutes ago, Lamima said:

But in a way... it's like so what if Brent knows he's the target because he likely will be the one going home. So who cares. 

I get what you're saying but you also don't know what kind of dealings he could make before Thursday that would change things. We don't like him and neither do they, it seems, but that doesn't necessarily mean people wouldn't work with him if the deal is right.

X probably should have put someone other than Britini up so they wouldn't be as annoying. It'd make life easier.

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
don't has an o in it, not a p
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Azah is having trouble, morally, playing the game of Big Brother.

Azah also said Jun is her favorite player.

JUN.

In a weird mash-up of my favourite TV fandoms, at one point in life, one of Azah's pageant coaches was Candiace Dillard, who is one of the most reactionary and dramatic housewife on The Real Housewives of Potomac. I feel like Candiace now needs to coach Azah in life, reality TV, and proper butter knife throwing techniques. Azah had been part of that conversation in week 1 with Tiffany and Deref and a few other people, talking about all the crazy Housewives drama lately (Tom and Erika Girardi's stealing from orphans and burn victims, Jen Shah's federal telemarketing case, Atlanta sucking last season) but she didn't say a word about Candiace being her pageant coach. In her defense, a lot of people don't even know that Potomac exists and it's been on for like five seasons at this point. I should have listed that with the other crimes.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Tom and Erika Girardi's stealing from orphans and burn victims

I don't watch the Housewives franchise but I watched a story on this and I was thoroughly disgusted. How low can someone go, you know?

That last sentence really rhymes.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I feel like Candiace now needs to coach Azah in life, reality TV, and proper butter knife throwing techniques.

I've never watched any Housewives but this cracks me up. All I know is someone got drunk and threw their artificial leg at someone and someone else got drunk and overturned a table? 

Sorry, I prefer much higher brow entertainment like The Surreal Life. (You know, the show where Verne Troyer mistook the corner of his room for a bathroom.) Classy stuff like that. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

In a weird mash-up of my favourite TV fandoms, at one point in life, one of Azah's pageant coaches was Candiace Dillard, who is one of the most reactionary and dramatic housewife on The Real Housewives of Potomac. I feel like Candiace now needs to coach Azah in life, reality TV, and proper butter knife throwing techniques. Azah had been part of that conversation in week 1 with Tiffany and Deref and a few other people, talking about all the crazy Housewives drama lately (Tom and Erika Girardi's stealing from orphans and burn victims, Jen Shah's federal telemarketing case, Atlanta sucking last season) but she didn't say a word about Candiace being her pageant coach. In her defense, a lot of people don't even know that Potomac exists and it's been on for like five seasons at this point. I should have listed that with the other crimes.

I LOVE POTOMAC! It's my favorite housewife city (even though only two of them live there) - but I can't stand Candiace.  Azah, run away!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

In a weird mash-up of my favourite TV fandoms, at one point in life, one of Azah's pageant coaches was Candiace Dillard, who is one of the most reactionary and dramatic housewife on The Real Housewives of Potomac. I feel like Candiace now needs to coach Azah in life, reality TV, and proper butter knife throwing techniques.

Brilliant 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Melina22 said:

And Britini was legitimately and understandably confused and devastated that everyone was targeting her. I wonder if she's been told it's all for show? 

Xavier absolutely told her that a few times in his meeting with her before he made the nominations. 

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

How low can someone go, you know?

That last sentence really rhymes.

Can we expect a full rap soon? Because that would be awesome.

11 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Xavier absolutely told her that a few times in his meeting with her before he made the nominations. 

She has been told multiple times, by multiple people. She just doesn’t believe it, or she believes it but still thinks it was unfair.

I can’t blame her for having doubts about her safety, because sometimes people lie and other times things change and pawns leave. But the dramatic reactions are not helping her, because they just make everyone uncomfortable.

I can’t help but think about that girl who became the designated pawn over and over again before she was eventually sent home. It was years ago, I don’t remember her name, or which season. But I’m wondering what Britini would do if that happened to her. Is it wrong that a small, evil part of me kind of wants to find out?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4