Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Ky is giving chess lessons to Tiffany with Claire, Sarah Beth, Hannah and Derex watching.  Deref & Britini were talking in the ropes room with Britini bitching about the possibility of X putting her up when he has 9-10-12 other options.  Whatever.  You're not long for this game, Brit.  And then the BB button boy decides to punk us and follows Britini through the living room, kitchen and into the bathroom.  There's a group of people hanging out in the living room but do we get them chatting?  Nooooo...  We're now stuck with all 4 cameras on the chess lesson.  And, because BB hates us, Britini joins the chess lesson.  FML.  This is not what we want to see on the feeds!

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I think Brent and the Jokers were the only ones who wanted to win.

That's not a bad band name, actually.

They can tour with Placating Watermelons!!

2 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Why is Christian wearing Princess Leia hair?

This is VERY important: did he have dirty plastic bags in them?

1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

I’m surprised nobody mentioned Tom Green’s magnum opus, the beloved classic film, “Freddy Got Fingered.”

For the last few days, for literally NO reason, I've been going around singing "Daddy, would you like some sausage?" to myself and then chuckling afterwards each time.

What I'm saying is that him showing up may or may not be because of me and my witch powers.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

Tiff and Claire are talking about how Whitney is distracting herself from Brent. Aside from making her a target, he’s annoying her by mansplaining all the time. Tiff has sympathy because Whitney is pretty much stuck spending time with him. “She picked him”, Claire shrugs.

Didn’t he end up on Whitney’s team by default, as the last to be chosen? I seem to remember being surprised that a muscular guy was picked last. But maybe they could just tell what he’s like by looking at him.

13 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

What I'm saying is that him showing up may or may not be because of me and my witch powers

First you blew up the Tiff/Claire/Hannah trio, now Tom Green. You and your witch powers need to keep your head in the damn cauldron.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Tiff and Claire are talking about how Whitney is distracting herself from Brent. Aside from making her a target, he’s annoying her by mansplaining all the time. Tiff has sympathy because Whitney is pretty much stuck spending time with him. “She picked him”, Claire shrugs.

Didn’t he end up on Whitney’s team by default, as the last to be chosen? I seem to remember being surprised that a muscular guy was picked last. But maybe they could just tell what he’s like by looking at him.

Claire is right.  Whitney was left with Brent and Travis for her team and picked Brent.  I mean, it wasn't much of a choice, but yeah...  Whitney did have the option to go with Travis.

• Useful 1
(edited)

I just....why is it any time these people make any kind of alliance, their focus seems to be on what to name it?  Is it a "Thing" that they HAVE to choose a name?  Ky/Xavier/DerekF making the 98th alliance in the house, and trying to come up with a good name for the three of them.  I would just say "Hey, I trust you, I want to work with you, we're done".  There MUST be some prodding from the DR to come up with some lame ass name.

Edited by Katesus7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Alyssa’s career goal: Make documentaries with serial killer interviews. OR, music videos.

4 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

I just....why is it any of these people make any kind of alliance, their focus seems to be on what to name it.  Is it a "Thing" that they HAVE to choose a name? 

I blame Derrick and the Committee. Isn’t that where it started? Or did someone else unleash the madness before that?

But at this point, I don’t think it seems real to them unless it has a stupid name. Makes them feel important.

Just now, 30 Helens said:

Alyssa’s career goal: Make documentaries with serial killer interviews. OR, music videos.

I blame Derrick and the Committee. Isn’t that where it started? Or did someone else unleash the madness before that?

But at this point, I don’t think it seems real to them unless it has a stupid name. Makes them feel important.

It was long before Derrick and the committee. Started in season 2 with Chilltown.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

What I'm saying is that him showing up may or may not be because of me and my witch powers.

19 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

First you blew up the Tiff/Claire/Hannah trio, now Tom Green. You and your witch powers need to keep your head in the damn cauldron.

And they call me the evil twin. I have been unfairly judged!

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, Nashville said:

Tom Green is primarily known for being (a) a former MTV VJ and (b) Drew Barrymore’s ex.

ETA: Jinx!

He was never a VJ to my knowledge.  Unless he guest hosted TRL or something like that.  He hosted his own comedy show on MTV.

I would say Tom is a lot like Andy Kaufman, not as funny as Andy but I do think they are similar.

4 hours ago, Callaphera said:

God, I wish I could say that. I fucking hate Tom Green.

But he is your fellow countryman.  How could you hate him? 😄

I agree with CALAPHERA, I kind of don't want Brent to go because that is the boring pick.  It is like this season is following a script and everyone is once again following what the house wants.

4 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

It was long before Derrick and the committee. Started in season 2 with Chilltown.

Season 5 - Four horsemen (Puke - and two got to the final two).  Season 6 - the Friendship - the creepiest name EVER (also got to the final 2).  Season....after 10 I don't care - the Brigade - don't get me started.  Naming alliances does work, maybe that's the reason.

• Love 1

Nothing will ever be as embarrassing for an alliance name as "The Quack Pack". 

Anybody else remember "The Wild Mustangs?" One member of that one said No, I think we can do better. lol

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Brent to Whitney right now talking about Derek F:  'He said his stategy was to cook and clean his way to the end'.  Whit 'I feel if he said that, he was joking?'  Brent:  Yeah, but that just means he doesn't have a real strategy and those kind of people need to go, and we'll just get rid of them all'.  Also Brent "We have the numbers regardless".  I'm sorry @Callaphera, it might be boring, but I need him GONE!  Poor Whitney, both having to listen to this and being the pawn this week.  And I don't LIKE Whitney!

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

Of course, Chilltown. Where is my brain.

15 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Season 5 - Four horsemen (Puke - and two got to the final two).  Season 6 - the Friendship - the creepiest name EVER (also got to the final 2).  Season....after 10 I don't care - the Brigade - don't get me started.  Naming alliances does work, maybe that's the reason.

And ok, I remember the stupid Horsemen now. The Friendship was an actual alliance name? I thought it was just Paul’s lame cult philosophy. 

Even so, it doesn’t seem like the named alliances were a big deal until recent seasons. Or at least the process of finding the Perfect Name. Or maybe I don’t know what I’m talking about (ALWAYS a distinct possibility!) because I didn’t have feeds access back then and was thus spared from all that.

Still, I’m gonna continue to blame Derrick because why the hell not.

• Love 2
(edited)

Now Brent is trying to strategize but mostly flirt with Alyssa. He completely trusts her because he can read her lips!

Just one problem. He actually can't.

Alyssa: No! That's NOT what I said!!!!

Edited by vb68
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, 30 Helens said:

And ok, I remember the stupid Horsemen now. The Friendship was an actual alliance name? I thought it was just Paul’s lame cult philosophy. 

Oh, now I'm second guessing myself.  I know there was a named alliance with Maggie and the Cappy Cult in Season six.  I thought they named it The Friendship, but I might be mixing up stupid names.  I know their alliance was NOT named the Cappy Cult. 

3 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Even so, it doesn’t seem like the named alliances were a big deal until recent seasons. Or at least the process of finding the Perfect Name. Or maybe I don’t know what I’m talking about (ALWAYS a distinct possibility!) because I didn’t have feeds access back then and was thus spared from all that.

Still, I’m gonna continue to blame Derrick because why the hell not.

Yeah, the Friendship was the name of their alliance. The thing is that alliance names became so big that people soon started naming them all right away. It's common by now.

And yeah, I think it is a bit boring for Brent to go this week, but I think there's plenty of time for drama if he goes this week. 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

I would say Tom is a lot like Andy Kaufman, not as funny as Andy but I do think they are similar

I agree, in the sense that early in his career he would do literally anything to get a reaction. He didn't seem to understand the concept of shame or embarrassment at all. I remember the time, I think it was on CBC TV, he pranked his own parents by filling the living room of their modest bungalow with farm animals. 

When his parents came home, they looked mortified, like "What did we do to deserve a son who would do this to us on TV?" The living room was trashed and they were NOT laughing. I remember thinking Tom had something wrong with him. In that way he reminds me of Andy. 

Presumably he's matured since then. 

• Love 4

Tiff and Azah are doing British accents and they need to stop with this or I will be forced to turn on them.

Now Prince Christian and King Xavier have joined in. And once again, they’re skating right on the edge of revealing the Royals alliance to a non-member— this time, Azah.

• Love 2
(edited)

This is very in the weeds, but didn't the Horsemen have a 5th guy who thought the alliance name was something else entirely? (Something like The Van Nuys Van Boys? I know I couldn't have dreamed that name.)

To answer my my own question, The Wild Mustangs was Dan's original alliance name for him and Memphis. Memphis changed it to... The Renegades!

Back to the feeds. Brent and Alyssa think they are both safe this week. Not sure who they think Xavier wants out. DereF? 

Edited by vb68
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
Just now, vb68 said:

this is very in the weeds, but didn't the Horsemen have a 5th guy who thought the alliance name was something else entirely? (Something like The Van Nuys Van Boys? I know I couldn't have dreamed that name.)

To answer my my own question, The Wild Mustangs was Dan's original alliance name for him and Memphis. Memphis changed it to... The Renegades!

Back to the feeds. Brent and Alyssa think they are both safe this week. Not sure who they think Xavier wants out. DereF? 

Yes Marvin.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

Yes Marvin.

Marvin was awesome.  I always remember his final question to Cowboy, "Are you a lying racist or a racist liar?"  I am not sure why that question cracked me up so much but it did back then and it still does now.

Since I'm already in the weeds and it's past 2 am here, does anybody remember the old HBO prison series Oz? Well Christian looks like he walked over from that show. Just saying. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I remember Oz, but just barely. I remember there was this one guy with a little tiny hat perched on the side of his head and I was fascinated by how it was able to stay on there.

And Schillinger. JK Simmons still gives me the creeps because of that.

Who would Christian be?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
6 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Who would Christian be

The weaker guys had to put their hair up like that. That's just what I remember.

*Trying to word that as nicely as possible.

Edited by vb68

I had to look it up but Christian sort of reminds me of a minor character named Nikolai Stanislofsky.  He was the prisoner from Russia who I think always wore a track suit and I am surprised I even remember the character after all of these years (I had to look up the name of the character).

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

There’s a group in the exercise room breaking down tonight’s eviction. They think Frenchie made a good speech, or as good as he could following the rap Queen. Alyssa is pretend-embarrassed by the awkward way she exited the DR, waiting for someone else to come in because she didn’t realize she was last.

Derex says he had Frenchie’s name so imprinted on his brain that he mistakenly included him in the list of people he said hi to after voting. “Love you, Frenchie!” I didn’t catch that.

• LOL 1

They’re still waiting for the invite. Killing the time by talking about tattoos. According to Sarah Beth, you can’t get above-neck tattoos in South Carolina. She wants one behind her ear, but will have to go to another state.

Some of them want to get “23” tattoos for their season. There were also jokes about getting the BB logo, or a Julie Chen tramp stamp.

Meanwhile, Alyssa warns Christian to watch what he says because Brent reads lips. They laugh about how Brent wants her to think of a Final Two name for them. Alyssa and Christian’s F2 name is Chrysalis.

After huddling with Ky, Sarah Beth has a second strategy talk with Claire. For someone who was almost nonexistent week 1, SB is really starting to emerge as a strong player.

She and Claire debate the wisdom of booting Brent before Britini. Britini and Whitney are close, and need to be split up at some point. If Britini gets HoH, she will probably put 2 guys from their alliance on the block, which would hurt them. (If Brent gets HoH, I think he’ll put Claire on the block, but they don’t consider that.)

Brent asked SB to join his alliance. I forget what he named it. She demonstrates the alliance hand symbol, which looks like the OK hand sign. They think it’s dumb, and don’t seem to know that it is also a white supremacy gesture. I don’t want to make assumptions about Brent, but… this is not good.

• Love 1
(edited)

In the HaveNot room, Ky is laying on top of the jet ski and for some reason, Claire and Sarah Beth have piled on top of him. He likes it. It’s like a weighted blanket.

They were talking about doing a fast together. Are pickles allowed? They decide yes.

Sarah Beth talks about the photo shoot, and how they wanted her to bring a 2-piece bathing suit. She refused, because she won’t show her stomach on TV. They said never mind with the 1-piece. Claire says they didn’t ask her to bring a bathing suit. 

SB is a big Dani fan. She argues that the early BB seasons were harder. Key disagrees, because now people have more knowledge of the game and ability to study old seasons. SB says they had harder comps, more danger of being on slop, and more fights due to lack of social media.

1:25 am and it’s finally time to see Xavier’s HoH room! Deref is grumpy because he was fast asleep in the chess room.

Edited by 30 Helens

There are pictures (“oooh!”), letter from mom (“awww..”) unveiling of beer in the fridge (Derek starts to perk up), and then Xavier says thanks for coming everyone, but it’s late and you can go to bed.

1:30 am, and time to see Xavier’s HoH room is over!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Alyssa and Christian’s F2 name is Chrysalis.

And this is why I'm loving this season. In any other season, you probably couldn't find 2 houseguests who knew this was a word, let alone what it meant. (I've also seen it spelled ChrisAlyss.) 

then Xavier says thanks for coming everyone, but it’s late and you can go to bed.

1:30 am, and time to see Xavier’s HoH room is over!

Just before this season someone here was bemoaning the fact that houseguests let people sprawl all over the HoH room 24/7 and never ask for privacy. (Except for Sam) Just another way this season is different. 

In the HaveNot room, Ky is laying on top of the jet ski and for some reason, Claire and Sarah Beth have piled on top of him

Are people actually expected to sleep on the jet ski? (It would be my nightmare, seeing as I often have trouble sleeping in a soft king-sized bed. I'd die in there.) Also, if the Have-Not beds are horrible, are they allowed to sleep on the floor? 

I never understand why they bother having Have-Not rooms when you can watch a whole season of broadcast episodes and never see the rooms referred to in any way. Do people complain about them on the feeds? About not being able to sleep? Or about cold showers? 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I never understand why they bother having Have-Not rooms when you can watch a whole season of broadcast episodes and never see the rooms referred to in any way. Do people complain about them on the feeds? About not being able to sleep? Or about cold showers? 

I don’t understand why they still do Have Nots, period. They’re not featured on the broadcast, and they serve no function that I can think of. Maybe they just continue to do it for the houseguests, so they can have the full, traditional BB experience? Because as a viewer, I couldn’t care less about the temperature of their shower water.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I guess this year's Big Brother will be full of the HR meetings.

I know, it was funny when they called them one on ones because it's just like work.

• Love 2

Good morning! Kyland and Tiffani just got jp from the Have Not room and are.now in the bathroom. I think.Tiffani's going to sleep in a chair for the rest of sleep time. No, both are going back to the HN room. Kyland is using the jet ski for his bed. He's on it very awkwardly, wedged between the seat and the side of the boat. Is Whitney on their team? That looks like her hair.

I think that's Alyssa I see on camera 1 in the wave room. Camera 2 is a full shot of the wave room and you can't tell who anyone is all wrapped in their duvets. Looks like a bunch of trash bags lying around.

1 hour ago, HighQueenEB said:

Claire is the 3rd member of the Queens.  

Thanks!

Kyland is going to have such a sore back from sleeping on the jet ski he might not do well in the Wildcard competition. (Note: I type "Wildcard " and my phone suggests "competition ".) 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Could they already be doing the Nominations ceremony?  Feeds are showing dogs and cats.

Actually I think they are doing the Wildcard competition picks.

1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

Could they already be doing the Nominations ceremony?  Feeds are showing dogs and cats.

No it’s WC player picks and I assume the feeds will be down until after the comp. I believe they were last week. Which is ridiculous because I highly doubt they go right from the player picks into the comp.

37 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Who all is playing in the Wildcard this week?

We don’t know. The eligible players are Whitney and Derex from Aces; Deref, Azah, and Brit from Jokers; and Claire and Tiff from Queens.