Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: The Nude Interlude

• Start Topic

I thought Wendy looked beautiful in her TH. Her skin looks so nice. Great realistic boob job by the way. She wasn't feeling Mia. Juan is acting like how he used to act in season one. I'm starting to think he does have someone on the side. Kind of strange he didn't want to take his mask off. He's checking her on camera again this season. Robyn is obviously depressed.

• Love 22
8 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

Candiace not showing up didn’t have anything to do with Karen. I’m guessing she just didn’t want to shlep all the way out there to Wendy’s. But her excuse looked even more lame given that Ashley made it and she’s giving birth in 10 days.

Also Wendy's table did not look like it would have had room for one more guest so I am thinking Mia was invited last minute to fill Candiace's chair.

I really hate when professionals refer to the guests/clients as "you guys," if you are a private chef you should refine the way you approach the table and describe your courses, I don't know, maybe it is just my issue.

• Love 11
(edited)

Chris' children are adorable.  There were rumors going around that Candiace was holding out for more pay , but those rumors were started by someone no longer on the cast. Maybe she was getting permission from Chris' ex-wife before she put the children on camera. I follow both her and Chris on Instagram and they're hilarious,  especially when they're doing lives together.  Naia was looking at Gizille like "Ma'am why are you here?" Candiace said on Twitter that she had food poisoning from bad fast food. 

Karen trying to insinuate that Gizelle has an STD was not funny. Karen is way too old for that type of behavior. On Twitter Candiace did not seem pleased with Karen using an HBCU as an insult. Karen google is your friend, Sing sing is a maximum security prison for MEN, here in New York State. 

Mia if you're going to lie about your age, get a calculator! Wendy's mommy make over looks good.

Edited by spunky
  • Love 10

So glad Potomac is back! I thought Wendy looked great. Her husband seems really sweet and her kids are adorable. 
The very pregnant Ashley is still putting on a show about Michael being the best daddy while Michael looked like he’d rather be out grabbing butts. 
Not sure what to think of Juan giving Robyn a lecture on getting her stuff together. It was easy to develop bad habits during the pandemic yet sleeping till 10 seems late for having two young boys. 
I like Candiaces new home and her bonus kids were really cute. The boy seemed very sweet. 
Gizelle is already on my nerves saying Ray doesn’t love Karen. How does she know? Ray is present and still with Karen unlike Jamal. 
Not too fond of Mia. The not knowing how old she is was kind of amusing.  I thought she was in her 40s especially when she rattled off all the work she had done. Too much work at a young age makes women look older due to the artificial look.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Not too fond of Mia. The not knowing how old she is was kind of amusing.  I thought she was in her 40s especially when she rattled off all the work she had done. Too much work at a young age makes women look older due to the artificial look.

I thought she was the lost Kardashian sister.

She really comes of very fake and a bit of a liar, she tries to lie to a group of women she met five minutes prior...these women will tear her to pieces.

There is a The Joint down the road from me and my husband seems to ask what kind of business that is every fucking time we pass it, (so fucking annoying), now I know who owns it. Also, I give him a different answer as to what it is when ever he asks.  It is a pottery place, a dentist office, a furniture store, a medical pot dispensary, a day care.....

20 minutes ago, spunky said:

Wendy's mommy make over looks good.

Her lead up to what she had done was hilarious, she kept going on and on, cut to Gizelle's TH begging her to land the plane already was so funny.

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
(edited)

Long-time Arlingtonian here. I always thought of "here in the DMV" to refer to DC and its suburbs. One hears that phrase on weather broadcasts and from politicians.

I'm aghast at what Wendy has done. She's abandoned the "four degrees" persona for a two-bit Barbie sexpot. It's desperate and it's embarrassing. I guess she's trying to keep her wandering husband.

One thing I hate about RHOA and RHOP is the egregious boob display. And the desperate sex talk ("I had my clit tweaked!"). It cheapens the women and plays into certain racist stereotypes.

Maia (Chris' daughter) looked stricken in front of the cameras. That child is not happy. She froze at being told to do her homework on camera, and her sweet brother rescued her. She's unexpectedly away from her mother during a scary pandemic. Get those two off camera and let thirst-trap Candiace hold the cameras on her own.

The episode was clumsy and thrown together by production.

More Bravo gutter trash. The entire group is a buncha losers.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 17
(edited)
6 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Karen will lose this tea and shade battle with Gizelle because Gizelle does not care nearly as much about how she is seen by other as Karen does.

There's this ^^, and I just don't think that Karen is, you know, very bright.

Edited by Mr. Miner
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Also Wendy's table did not look like it would have had room for one more guest so I am thinking Mia was invited last minute to fill Candiace's chair.

I really hate when professionals refer to the guests/clients as "you guys," if you are a private chef you should refine the way you approach the table and describe your courses, I don't know, maybe it is just my issue.

100%. This always seems so inappropriate to me. Am I at a special dinner with a private chef or a dodge ball game with some 5th graders. Silly and unprofessional.

• Love 8

I've never been a fan of fame-whoring Wendy, but I was really perturbed by the way she treated Mia. Let's be CLEAR, 🙄, Wendy:

Mia is a fame-whoring idiot; YOU, Wendy, are a fame-whoring idiot.

Mia has a pair of crazy bolt-ons; YOU, Wendy, have a pair of crazy bolt-ons. 

There is no difference between the two of you. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

Gizelle is already on my nerves saying Ray doesn’t love Karen. How does she know? Ray is present and still with Karen unlike Jamal. 

To be fair to Gizelle, she's just repeating what Ray said on camera during last season when Karen and Ray were with their "life coach."  (IIRC, he said something about not being "in love" with her or whatever).  Obviously, though, Ray and Karen have moved on from that moment. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Mia was at least more honest than Wendy was about her "tweaks" so I think Wendy's back was definitely up about that.

On the other hand I'm not sure Mia could hold a thought with a bucket.

Edited by bosawks
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, bosawks said:

Damn, Karen & Gizelle.

Pace yourself.

I mean Really , they aren't wasting any time.  Let's git it poppin  !!! Lol !!!!!!!!!!!

14 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I am actually super excited for this show. I love me some Potomac… 

Me too , hoping for something a little different, the other shows have been a snooze fest ! Karen and Giselle aren't playing around ! 

• Love 6

There is no difference between the two of you. 

Somewhere, Wendy is shouting out "I have FOUR degrees!" but doesn't know why she just did that...

• LOL 13
9 hours ago, dosodog said:

Question?  Do we need to keep this in spoilers?  Or would it be considered speculating what Karen meant by what she said?

If this is pure speculation, it can stay here.  If it is based on spoilers about what is to come, it should stay in Karen or Gizelle's thread.  

I love the idea of the "word on the street" having turned against Gizelle, by the way.

• Love 4

Why was Wendy's caterer handing the women a drink upon their arrival when they still have their coats one, hostess gifts, purses, etc.....Wait till they get in the damn door and maybe take their coats before you hand them SOMETHING ELSE.  Ugh.  

I'm only going on what is presented in THIS episode, so if Robin is truly experiencing depression that we learn at a later date, I apologize.  So given what we know now....doesn't Robin need to be up at like 8a to help the kids with online school?  I get that it sucks and you didn't sign up to be a teacher, but neither did the millions other families across the world - you CAN'T sleep in until 2p and raise young children at home.  Please don't come at me.  Its what we learned in this episode, previews alluded to other causes.  

• Love 13
(edited)

I thought Mo's exit would cool some of the vitriol and seething on this show, but it seems like it's become ingrained in the fabric of this once lighthearted franchise. I haven't watched ATL and NJ in more than five years. I dropped RHONY last year. Haven't looked at the last four eps of RHOBH. If this show doesn't improve, I may be out of the Housewife watching biz.

- Karen is becoming more and more desperate to shut Gizelle down, and she's having a harder time doing it. Her reads used to be on point, but now she's just mean and tactless. I agree with the poster who said Karen will lose because Gizelle doesn't fear shame/embarrassment as much as Karen does. Tell all of Gizelle's business and she'll continue sipping her champagne and dipping into her fruit plate. Meanwhile, putting Karen's business on Front Street would devastate the Grand Dame. Karen seemed almost unhinged. You can read a chick while remaining a lady and not leapfrogging into the gutter, Auntie Kern. If you make me feel sorry for Giz, I'll never forgive you!

- I don't understand Mia yet. She obviously lied about her age, but appeared to be truthful while acknowledging her plastic surgery enhancements. Can't wait to see what she's really about.

- Candiace is still barking at people. Previews show she still appears to not know how to healthily disagree with her husband. I'm guessing she's no longer in therapy. Her bonus kids looked so uncomfortable. Her confessional looks were ... interesting choices.

- Robyn continues to remain on this show as Gizelle's enforcer ... but also in her very quiet role of instigator. I liked that Robyn was the one who brought up Candiace not attending Wendy's dinner because of Karen. Robyn is good at quiet moments like this, and does it often. It's one of her better qualities. She rarely brings fireworks, but she knows how to keep mess going. That's smart of her, since I doubt she wants anyone talking about the fact that Juan is out the door the moment their youngest is of legal age and he's no longer on the hook for child support.

- Wendy stays doing too much. Last year, she was playing Professor Osefo; this year, she's taken on the role of Dr. Stripper, PhD. I'm glad she's happy with herself, and I hope the rumors surrounding her husband aren't true.

- Gizelle is still doing her thing--making sure no one is looking in her house. Smart to have Covid be the main issue between her arrangement with Jamal. I wish she'd discuss her business. Seems it might have hit a roadblock, but there's no shame in that. Is she trying to get it up and running again? Now would be the perfect time. In this episode and the upcoming clips, her hair looks different. I like it! Looks conditioned, the extra tracks actually match her hair texture and color and she no longer looks like she bought the hair $20 for 3 bundles at the dollar store. Wonder if she has a new "stylist." Yeah, I put the word in quotes for a reason. Don't care. Her fashions remain questionable. So beautiful ... so tacky.

- Ashley looks content, baking her next insurance plan while Grandpy Hubby looks about as excited as Gizelle looked to meet Mia. Doesn't look like Michael will be getting into any trouble this season. Pity. I enjoy watching Ashley's attempts at covering up for her predator husband. Don't nobody care that if it's a sham, girl. Just own that it's an arrangement--an open marriage with a contract that's re-upped every few years. That's better than a lot of people out here pretending they're living a dream when everyone around them knows their marriage is a nightmare.

Edited by eXiled
  • Love 15
26 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Karen made herself look ignorant and pressed by adding the "Hampton University" bit.  It would've been one thing if Candiace (HBCU graduate) had said that because it just would've been seen as part of the H.U. wars.

If Ashley, Wendy or Robyn had said that, it wouldn't have been received well because they all went to PWIs (so none of them would've said it because they're not stupid).

But Karen didn't go to college at all so why are you even bringing up somebody's college when it has nothing to do with the situation and Gizelle hasn't even really mentioned Hampton University like that on the show at all?

If you're not calling Robyn or Ashley broke hos from the University of Maryland or Wendy an insecure ho from Rutgers University, don't bring Gizelle's college into it. Especially when Karen didn't go to college at all.  Don't get mad when somebody calls you a broke(n) ho from Taco Bell or Surry, VA.

This is where Karen veers off the highway.  She's going to get the same reaction Reza from Shahs of Sunset got when he revealed MJ's 10 abortions.  She and Former Cast Member will ki'ki along with their fans but if Sing Sing/Fiery Box is ever explained/revealed on the show, it will not be the ki' they think it should be.

The Trapper Keeper you write for others will be written for you as well.

I've seen a few fans on Instagram already calling her out for her fiery box comment. Candiace also called her out on Twitter for insinuating that Gizelle had an STI.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I would love Downton Abbey's Violet Crawley/Maggie Smith to have tea with these ladies and teach them how to politely shade someone, Karen needs a tutorial but Gizelle has the "Never explain, never complain," down pat!

Ashley looked so uncomfortable in her dress and her feet were to puffy to wear the heels she brought along, she kept tugging her dress down, the idea of wearing anything skin tight 10 days before giving birth, ugh, I embraced my tent like clothing when I was having babies.

Wendy's house and all the different levels on the main floor, so dated. She is on track with her HW upgrades though, first the boobs then the housing, just watch, I bet she buys a bigger newer home before long.

How does a mother of two school age boys stay in bed past 7am? Is Juan home to get them breakfast and situated with school for the day? 

Will we have a HW trip this season?

• Love 7
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

How does a mother of two school age boys stay in bed past 7am? Is Juan home to get them breakfast and situated with school for the day?

Robin been had that in hand. Them boys 11 and 13. They're on a first name basis with Captain Crunch and Tony the Tiger and think they're Greaaaat!

Edited by eXiled
  • LOL 16
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Townhouses are running almost $500,000 now so I can believe prices are like that where she bought.  The housing prices are truly out of control.

There was speculation Candiace was holding off on signing a new contract because she wanted more money.  A YouTuber was speculating Wendy's party might have been during Candiace's holding off period.

Or she could've just had diarrhea and not wanted to drive from Upper Marlboro to Finksburg when she had the bubble guts.

They rarely drive anywhere , they all have Uber transportation to these events.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Boofish said:

The housewives on my list where NOTHING shady or inappropriate others say about them is off limits 

• Lisa Rinna
  • Gizelle

This. Oh so there are standards now of what shade and hateful thing being said is acceptable or unacceptable? And the idea of Candiace making any comment on social media about Karen's going too far is laughable. The one that even Gizelle has referred to as having hot Twitter fingers and stays saying the most vile and offensive things about people? Yeah, okay whatever. 

Personally, as I noted, I'm mostly over Potomac at the moment so my feelings of outrage about any of this is nil. Gizelle is and has always been a bitter, hateful mean girl since jump on this show. Candiace is a spoiled, rude and hateful little shrew. Ashley is a shady little bitch staying with her gross husband for the coins, Robyn is a non-muthaf'ing factor that's just there to be Gizelle's sidekick. 

And Karen is delusional in her grand dame'ness but oddly enough, she's the one I've always felt was probably the kindest of all the women. So in conclusion... *shrug*

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, dosodog said:

If Karen is alluding to Giselle having a "hot box" and "Sing Sing"

Reveal spoiler

Hot box being a venereal disease and Sing Sing a psychiatric facility 

Then in my opinion, she's reached a new housewife low.  Regardless of opinions on Giselle's non role/role in spreading rumors last year, that doesn't excuse saying something like that for cameras.  For sooooo many different reasons, several surrounding shaming.

Question?  Do we need to keep this in spoilers?  Or would it be considered speculating what Karen meant by what she said?

Agreed, but she went for Ray and Karen's not having it. Karen can blame herself  for that because not one of them would have known anything about Ray if Karen had not told it. 

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, eXiled said:

I thought Mo's exit would cool some of the vitriol and seething on this show, but it seems like it's become ingrained in the fabric of this once lighthearted franchise.

56 minutes ago, eXiled said:

- Karen is becoming more and more desperate to shut Gizelle down, and she's having a harder time doing it. Her reads used to be on point, but now she's just mean and tactless. I agree with the poster who said Karen will lose because Gizelle doesn't fear shame/embarrassment as much as Karen does. Tell all of Gizelle's business and she'll continue sipping her champagne and dipping into her fruit plate. Meanwhile, putting Karen's business on Front Street would devastate the Grand Dame. Karen seemed almost unhinged. You can read a chick while remaining a lady and not leapfrogging into the gutter, Auntie Kern. If you make me feel sorry for Giz, I'll never forgive you!

Gizelle pretty much ignored Karen for the past season.  She would say little stuff but for the most part, on and off the show, Gizelle had Karen on ignore.

Which had Karen pressed because Karen would be yammering on about Gizelle on her social media and Gizelle will pay her dust.  Just like Former Cast Member is STILL, 7 months later, whining about Jamal and Gizelle on YouTube and social media and Gizelle pays Former Cast Member dust.

I don't think Karen is mad about Gizelle and the tax t-shirt or the broke dick comments (which Ashley brought up) or Ray not paying his bills (which Karen herself brought up).

IMO Karen is bigmad because Gizelle brought up Ray trying to hit up Gizelle's friend Erika a few seasons ago.  That's why she teamed up with Former Cast Member and tossed Candiace under the bus so she could get at Gizelle.  I don't think Karen's ever going to forget or forgive that.

Karen & Gizelle resolved to themselves on the last reunion to destroy the other.  Gizelle will come out the victor because Karen cares too much about how she is seen and Gizelle does not.

36 minutes ago, byrd said:

They rarely drive anywhere , they all have Uber transportation to these events.

Would you want to be driving or riding out to Finksburg with the bubble guts?

45 minutes ago, eXiled said:

Robin been had that in hand. Them boys 11 and 13. They're on a first name basis with Captain Crunch and Tony the Tiger and think they're Greaaaat!

Robyn's kids are old enough to be making their own breakfast.  If you can play Xbox, you can pour yourself some cereal and throw a Pop Tart in the toaster.  It wouldn't be a bad idea for Robyn to teach them how to scramble their own eggs and bacon and how to do their own laundry so they don't end up like junior versions of Juan expecting a woman to wait on them hand and foot.

58 minutes ago, spunky said:

I've seen a few fans on Instagram already calling her out for her fiery box comment. Candiace also called her out on Twitter for insinuating that Gizelle had an STI.

Because the fact of the matter is if this is true, she didn't do anything wrong, her husband did it to her.  And if true, it would explain a lot.  And makes the "you can't keep a man" argument very pathetic.

• Love 14
(edited)

Why was Wendy's caterer handing the women a drink upon their arrival when they still have their coats one, hostess gifts, purses, etc.....Wait till they get in the damn door and maybe take their coats before you hand them SOMETHING ELSE.  Ugh.  

Yeah, that was weird. Also, it shouldn't be the caterer's job to get the guests situated. It's Wendy's house, so she should've greeted her guests at the door, took their coats, etc. Then once they were comfortable, it would've been fine if the caterer offered them drinks. 

To stay on Wendy for a bit, she did that thing I hate. Alluding to shit without being direct. She had a whole-ass dinner to introduce her new tits, but she's acting coy about her "tweaks." If you're going to tell the story, tell the story, or STFU. Don't get an attitude when you're asked what else you've had done. 

Mia's OK, but I don't think she was a necessary addition. These ladies have enough drama of their own. No need to add in any extra.

Chris has to accept that Candiace doesn't want children. She's happy with her stepchildren and that's fine. 

Gizelle looked nice when she went to Candiace's house. That's the best I've seen her dressed. Of course, it all went to shit when she showed up in that leather hefty bag at Wendy's. 

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 10
(edited)

Am I the only one that was grossed out by Wendy’s new tits?  They looked like two hard basketballs.  All that work and she’s still okay looking.

Mia, I really didn’t need to hear you sharing getting work done on ‘the little man in the boat’!  I mean so you had three kids, long as an index finger or short as a pinky if your husband hums on it then your clit should still work.  I like her though.

Gizzard, you kill me….you give Karen more shade than a summer’s day but she responds and she’s the bad guy?  She should apologize immediately to you for what?  She came for your kids after you came for her husband (y’know, the one that doesn’t live in a phone!).  In real life I'm first and foremost a lady but where I’m from, come for me and I’ll get in your ass Carrie White style without a fucking ounce of remorse.  Karen calling her the whore of Hampton gave me life!!  And you shouldn’t be talking about anybody’s house with your two-story Brady Bunch ranch knockoff, all that’s missing is Alice!  (ETA:  Allegedly, the 'hot box' refers to an STD Gizzard received from Reverend Leon Lonnie Love Bryant and 'Sing-Sing' refers to her being in a psychiatric ward due to a breakdown.)

Candiace’s house was okay.  Chris’s kids were cute.

Damn Ashley, when you’re pregnant your belly gets HUGE!  Michael’s so checked out, I wonder when they will announce their separation?  Dean is such a cutie.

Finally, the moronic simp that’s Beaky Buzzard….first of all she’s so pathetic, putting up with Juan dissing her like that at the smoothie stand.  He so doesn’t want to marry your ass and deep deep deeeeeeeeep down, ya know that!  Pandemic schmandemic….ya’ll could have had an intimate ceremony at home with the kids, your parents and Gizzard and eventually having a big wedding once the limits were lifted.  It is always an excuse!  And Juan, while you might want a girl who is to say that she’ll birth one?  What if she becomes pregnant and it turns out to be a boy, are you going to blame her? 

Now that you finally (thanks to Bravo!) have enough funds to build a house and you have kids in virtual school, what in the hell are you overwhelmed about?  You should have bought a ready made house then that would have left you with your burgeoning hat business while watching the kids….but, being dull as dishwater she has to have a storyline so whatever.

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, eXiled said:

I thought Mo's exit would cool some of the vitriol and seething on this show, but it seems like it's become ingrained in the fabric of this once lighthearted franchise. I haven't watched ATL and NJ in more than five years. I dropped RHONY last year. Haven't looked at the last four eps of RHOBH. If this show doesn't improve, I may be out of the Housewife watching biz.

- I don't understand Mia yet. She obviously lied about her age, but appeared to be truthful while acknowledging her plastic surgery enhancements. Can't wait to see what she's really about.

- Candiace is still barking at people. Previews show she still appears to not know how to healthily disagree with her husband. I'm guessing she's no longer in therapy. Her bonus kids looked so uncomfortable. Her confessional looks were ... interesting choices.

- Robyn continues to remain on this show as Gizelle's enforcer ... but also in her very quiet role of instigator. I liked that Robyn was the one who brought up Candiace not attending Wendy's dinner because of Karen. Robyn is good at quiet moments like this, and does it often. It's one of her better qualities. She rarely brings fireworks, but she knows how to keep mess going. That's smart of her, since I doubt she wants anyone talking about the fact that Juan is out the door the moment their youngest is of legal age and he's no longer on the hook for child support.

- Wendy stays doing too much. Last year, she was playing Professor Osefo; this year, she's taken on the role of Dr. Stripper, PhD. I'm glad she's happy with herself, and I hope the rumors surrounding her husband aren't true.

- Gizelle is still doing her thing--making sure no one is looking in her house. Smart to have Covid be the main issue between her arrangement with Jamal. I wish she'd discuss her business. Seems it might have hit a roadblock, but there's no shame in that. Is she trying to get it up and running again? Now would be the perfect time. In this episode and the upcoming clips, her hair looks different. I like it! Looks conditioned, the extra tracks actually match her hair texture and color and she no longer looks like she bought the hair $20 for 3 bundles at the dollar store. Wonder if she has a new "stylist." Yeah, I put the word in quotes for a reason. Don't care. Her fashions remain questionable. So beautiful ... so tacky.

- Ashley looks content, baking her next insurance plan while Grandpy Hubby looks about as excited as Gizelle looked to meet Mia. Doesn't look like Michael will be getting into any trouble this season. Pity. I enjoy watching Ashley's attempts at covering up for her predator husband. Don't nobody care that if it's a sham, girl. Just own that it's an arrangement--an open marriage with a contract that's re-upped every few years. That's better than a lot of people out here pretending they're living a dream when everyone around them knows their marriage is a nightmare.

Agree with most of this. Loved Dr. Stripper, PHD. She looks bloody ridiculous.  I'm not saying she should not get a boob job if that's what she wants, but those things look painful and too big. Then she had the nerve to talk about how her jobs teaching and commentating call for enhancements. That is total bullshit. I looked up her IMBd and the commentary bit is rather thin. Her Johns Hopkins colleagues must be so proud.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Boofish said:

The housewives on my list where NOTHING shady or inappropriate others say about them is off limits 

• Lisa Rinna
  • Gizelle

There is a part of me that agrees with you so much on this.  So so much!  But.... 

12 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Because the fact of the matter is if this is true, she didn't do anything wrong, her husband did it to her.  And if true, it would explain a lot.  And makes the "you can't keep a man" argument very pathetic.

I am guessing that the STD was not something Giselle agreed to before hand and it is possible Jamal did not know he had an STD when he infected her.  IMO, the only people who should ever be shamed for having an STD, are people who KNOWINGLY infect other people. 

I'm speculating it is herpes because you can get treated and cured for everything else.  

And then came the "insult" of going to a mental health facility, Sing Sing, according to Karen.  What does that say about Karen and her view of people and mental health?  Karen took the concept of getting help and turning it into something you shame someone over.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, eXiled said:

I thought Mo's exit would cool some of the vitriol and seething on this show, but it seems like it's become ingrained in the fabric of this once lighthearted franchise.

The producers, in their usual shadiness, pretty much confirmed this in the first few seconds of the episode. After replaying the Monique drama from last season, with Gizelle noting how one word to describe last season was toxic, they followed it up with clips of what's to come this season. 

And those included people throwing food at each other, cussing each other out, more hateful name-calling, etc. I pretty much concluded from this that it was the producers' way of saying, "oh you thought last season was messy, you ain't seen nothing yet." Awesome...

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

The producers, in their usual shadiness, pretty much confirmed this in the first few seconds of the episode. After replaying the Monique drama from last season, with Gizelle noting how one word to describe last season was toxic, they followed it up with clips of what's to come this season. 

And those included people throwing food at each other, cussing each other out, more hateful name-calling, etc. I pretty much concluded from this that it was the producers' way of saying, "oh you thought last season was messy, you ain't seen nothing yet." Awesome...

Agreed. I think it's to this shows detriment. I liked that this franchise was relatively classy. I used to look forward to tuning in. IMO, these women were the most attractive franchise, several were actually HOUSEWIVES, and each had their own unique personality (even Robyn!) that kept my attention. Now, they're going full gutter, and I think it's a mistake. Especially since it doesn't seemed to have improved the ratings that much, right? Though it's my favorite, Potomac just doesn't seem to be on most peeps radars. It's a shame.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, eXiled said:

I liked that Robyn was the one who brought up Candiace not attending Wendy's dinner because of Karen.

To me that was so tacky and unnecessary....Candiace herself confirmed her not attending was due to sickness, why not let it go at that?  Everything does not need to be stirred up into something.

• Love 5

Gizelle is messy as hell but I enjoy her as she doesn't seem to take herself all that seriously. I can't say I *hate* Karen but I do find her to be a pretentious idiot so I always experience massive schadenfreude when she is exposed or put in an embarrassing situation.

I don't know why women try to hide their plastic surgery because these women know exactly what their castmates looked like before they had a procedure. I mean I probably wouldn't register a change in Wendy's ass but obviously someone in real life would. Also the producers might just as well have had a chyron stating TUMMY TUCK when they did a close up of Wendy's stomach in the surgeon's office with the tell tale creasing.

I guess the Chris' baby mama gave permission for filming. I didn't see anything dysfunctional with how the kids were interacting with Candiace so I am going to give her the benefit of the doubt as I think she would probably be a fun stepmother. If the kids seemed uncomfortable I am going to chalk it up to being shy in the presence of cameras but so far the interactions don't seem as if the kids view her as the evil stepmother.

• Love 14

I think what has changed is Gizelle "Queen B" status. The first few seasons it was like the women were scared of her and Robin. Ashley tried but fell a little flat. Enter Monique who gave Gizelle everything she had been deserving for 5 seasons. Sometimes, it only take 1 person to stand up to a bully to give others courage.

I don't think Karen was belittling people with mental health issues, STDs or single women - just Gizelle. With someone like Gizelle you have to go for the jugular. She don't understand surface wounds. I'm here for it; hope Candiace the self proclaimed "word smith" is next. Everyone on this show mouth is reckless with the exception of maybe Robin. They all go too far. I don't have 1 ounce of sympathy for Gizelle. Aint much fun when the rabbit got the gun

tea GIF

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Sheenieb said:

Chris has to accept that Candiace doesn't want children. She's happy with her stepchildren and that's fine. 

It is funny that last season Candiace told Ashley that she wanted to start on her journey to motherhood, (who talks like that anyway?) and used it in a way to apologize to Ashley, in turn Ashley said she wanted to be there for her during that journey, blah, blah, blah...Candiace is not interested in having a baby any time soon.

I did not completely hate G's leather outfit she wore to Wendy's, "Here are my two new friends" dinner.

Maybe TPTB should have cast someone like a medical doctor or someone who spoke another language or maybe had five degrees not some basic bitch wanna be who married an old man for money, has had a lot of work done and 5 minutes in meeting the other HW's lies about her age AND gets caught in that lie real fast.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Boofish said:

I don't think Karen was belittling people with mental health issues, STDs or single women - just Gizelle. With someone like Gizelle you have to go for the jugular. She don't understand surface wounds. I'm here for it; hope Candiace the self proclaimed "word smith" is next. Everyone on this show mouth is reckless with the exception of maybe Robin. They all go too far. I don't have 1 ounce of sympathy for Gizelle. Aint much fun when the rabbit got the gun

tea GIF

Potomac broads do tend to be sharp shooters, I notice. I'll admit that the way Candiace conducts herself really strikes a nerve. While I was never a person who believed she deserved the aggression she received from Mo, I will admit to wondering if that was Candiace's first time at that kind of rodeo. Meaning: She must either know who to try or never have hung around women who are not known for using their words. She's so buck all the time -- and with a hair trigger quickness -- that I can't imagine that was Candiace's first time.

Ashley too, when she first started. She was quick with the lip too. When chicks act like Candiace and Ashley I feel like they must have the hands to back it up. And right after I make that assumption, I feel really badly because I know that not everyone grew up like that, lol. Not everyone had to fight, you know? Dorothy may have been the toughest broad Candiace ever came across for all I know, given her background.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Boofish said:

I don't think Karen was belittling people with mental health issues, STDs or single women - just Gizelle. With someone like Gizelle you have to go for the jugular. She don't understand surface wounds

The problem is, Karen's Sing Sing read isn't going to embarass Gizelle.  It comes with the territory of being with someone like Jamal.  If you go back to Jamal and he did all that to you, you have no shame.

However it makes Karen and Former Cast Member look silly.  Sure they get a momentary laugh out of it, and Gizelle deserves it, but in the end it makes them look worse than Gizelle.  You just can't justify laughing at somebody getting a STD or being hospitalized for mental issues.

28 minutes ago, Boofish said:

I'm here for it; hope Candiace the self proclaimed "word smith" is next.

From who? Karen? Because right now the only cast member Candiace has an issue with is Karen and she is avoiding Karen like she was trying to avoid Former Cast Member last season.  We do see in the previews Candiace will have an issue with Mia but remember, Mia is coming on as "Karen's friend" and probably has pre-conceived notions about Candiace. 

22 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Candiace is not interested in having a baby any time soon.

Candiace may have wanted to have a child at that time, but now she's working on her music, her education and getting settled in her new house as well as keeping Chris' kids in the house.  She has no time or interest in adding new kids to the mix and that's actually very smart and mature of her.  Chris needs to concentrate on the 3 kids he already has instead of trying to add a new one.

22 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Maybe TPTB should have cast someone like a medical doctor or someone who spoke another language or maybe had five degrees not some basic bitch wanna be who married an old man for money, has had a lot of work done and 5 minutes in meeting the other HW's lies about her age AND gets caught in that lie real fast.

I think Mia's going to be very entertaining.  Even with the math revisions, she still has Ashley and Karen beat on the old husband front.

Everyone on this show mouth is reckless

Yes, the most reckless stuff has actually come out of Karen, Ashley and Former Cast Member's mouths but because people like them and don't like Gizelle or Candiace, the reckless things that trio says is ok.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 9
(edited)
6 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

The problem is, Karen's Sing Sing read isn't going to embarass Gizelle.  It comes with the territory of being with someone like Jamal.  If you go back to Jamal and he did all that to you, you have no shame.

However it makes Karen and Former Cast Member look silly.  Sure they get a momentary laugh out of it, and Gizelle deserves it, but in the end it makes them look worse than Gizelle.  You just can't justify laughing at somebody getting a STD or being hospitalized for mental issues.

From who? Karen? Because right now the only cast member Candiace has an issue with is Karen and she is avoiding Karen like she was trying to avoid Former Cast Member last season.  We do see in the previews Candiace will have an issue with Mia but remember, Mia is coming on as "Karen's friend" and probably has pre-conceived notions about Candiace. 

Candiace may have wanted to have a child at that time, but now she's working on her music, her education and getting settled in her new house as well as keeping Chris' kids in the house.  She has no time or interest in adding new kids to the mix and that's actually very smart and mature of her.  Chris needs to concentrate on the 3 kids he already has instead of trying to add a new one.

I think Mia's going to be very entertaining.  Even with the math revisions, she still has Ashley and Karen beat on the old husband front.

I still don't get why Mia was hesitate to admit her age. It matters not how old your husband is obviously , you married him.  Just state your age, these women are nosy as hell anyway ..

Edited by byrd
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I only see this "you can't keep a man" bullshit on Potomac and Atlanta. It's lame AF on both shows.

Enh. A lot of NYC Luann's engagement and marriage to Tom had a "nyah nyah nyah I have a man and you don't!" subtext.

I know most housewives amp things up (including their appearance) during their second season, but I hope Wendy of the Four Degrees doesn't drop her smarts in favor of TV drama. Find the balance between lengthy and boring impromptu lectures and Mean Girl stunts.

I'm giving Mia about four episodes to win me over. I'm not a fan of oversharers, but I liked that she didn't take the shade bait and happily listed her cosmetic procedures so that the others couldn't come for her. Funny, though: in Housewives Land, it's off-putting to brag that you have four homes or four degrees, but cosmetically enhanced genitals? Surprising, but not a conversation-don't! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

How does Karen know Gizelle's HIPAA-protected medical and mental health information?

Word on the street is that the rumor is a little bird told her.   Doubt if it was a hipaa violation.  

Added to say I think the little bird was TChalla.  Look where that got him!

Edited by howiveaddict
  • LOL 9