Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: The Nude Interlude

• Start Topic

You're right, no one did ask Candiace to do that.  But a lot of cast and viewers are mighty pressed that she doesn't have to.

Yes, she does seem to have the personality that provokes that reaction. Hopefully Candyass won't start daring other people to drag her ass...

• Love 3
On 7/12/2021 at 8:53 AM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

To be fair to Gizelle, she's just repeating what Ray said on camera during last season when Karen and Ray were with their "life coach."  (IIRC, he said something about not being "in love" with her or whatever).  Obviously, though, Ray and Karen have moved on from that moment. 

Okay that’s where Gizelle  got it from. I do remember that but thought it was story driven. Even if there was some truth to it at the time, Gizelle just comes off bitter repeating it. I think Ray and Karen still have something. Even if it’s not as Karen portrays it. 

Regarding Chris  doing online cooking, good for him!

• Love 3

Yes she did.  I doubt Gizelle would've handed her coat like that to Robyn's kids like that.

I can't imagine what Gizelle would do if anyone treated one of HER daughters like help.

By the way, there is nothing wrong with being "the help" but it is wrong for people to treat those in the service industry like they are beneath them.

• Love 8

Juan knows that no matter what he says or does, Robyn will be right there to nibble on any crumbs he cares to throw her way. He's turned off because she sleeps too much? What he really finds sexy is someone that only sleeps 5-6 hours a night. If cranky with dark circles under the eyes is what gets Juan revved up, I'm surprised he's not more into michael.

Aaaah, ash and the evil dead seem like such a happy, light and jokey kinda couple. This time around he's in family mode...so ass grabbing, dick sucking and watching his wife do random chicks are on the back burner. This is truly a beautiful love story.

My new favorite term is fiery box. It covers everything from yeast to the herps. Even Karen's dry box might become fiery from the friction of rays lil stick (if he'd just give it up!).

Wendy....ummm, tits up girl. Did you show them to the baker so he could make an exact cupcake replica or did he just wing it? 

Mia knows the best way the new girl can get shock value attention is to toss in a clit reference....cuz Erika Jane already used the c*** reference to death seasons ago on RHBH. What do you wanna bet her love story with her old (literally) man starts with her waiting tables at an upscale restaurant (that just happens to also be a gentleman's club)?

Candyass is back. Still using Chris's kitchen spatulas to apply her makeup. Still going to school for the real job she hopes to never have. Still pouting over karen. Still eating dairy when she knows it gives her the shits (which conveniently gets her out of an event, and a conversation, she's not prepared for). I just loathe her.

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, J80134 said:

Candyass is back. Still using Chris's kitchen spatulas to apply her makeup. Still going to school for the real job she hopes to never have. Still pouting over karen. Still eating dairy when she knows it gives her the shits (which conveniently gets her out of an event, and a conversation, she's not prepared for). I just loathe her.

So do I. I can't believe she got another season. 

• Love 5
On 7/12/2021 at 6:50 AM, pasdetrois said:

Maia (Chris' daughter) looked stricken in front of the cameras. That child is not happy. She froze at being told to do her homework on camera, and her sweet brother rescued her. She's unexpectedly away from her mother during a scary pandemic. Get those two off camera and let thirst-trap Candiace hold the cameras on her own.

Yes, I like seeing Chris's kids, but I wonder if they are really ready for that level of intrusion in their lives. I want to know what the mother thinks of this.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, nb360 said:

Yes, I like seeing Chris's kids, but I wonder if they are really ready for that level of intrusion in their lives. I want to know what the mother thinks of this.

Wouldn't Chris' ex have to sign a release for the kids to be filmed? 

• Love 4
On 7/12/2021 at 10:38 AM, drivethroo said:

Karen made herself look ignorant and pressed by adding the "Hampton University" bit.  It would've been one thing if Candiace (HBCU graduate) had said that because it just would've been seen as part of the H.U. wars.

If Ashley, Wendy or Robyn had said that, it wouldn't have been received well because they all went to PWIs (so none of them would've said it because they're not stupid).

But Karen didn't go to college at all so why are you even bringing up somebody's college when it has nothing to do with the situation and Gizelle hasn't even really mentioned Hampton University like that on the show at all?

If you're not calling Robyn or Ashley broke hos from the University of Maryland or Wendy an insecure ho from Rutgers University, don't bring Gizelle's college into it. Especially when Karen didn't go to college at all.  Don't get mad when somebody calls you a broke(n) ho from Taco Bell or Surry, VA.

I thought Karen was saying it not as a slur against Hampton, but as recognition that Gizelle has had a trampy reputation for over thirty years 🤣

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

I thought Karen was saying it not as a slur against Hampton, but as recognition that Gizelle has had a trampy reputation for over thirty years 🤣

Karen shouldn't be using someone's sexual proclivities to mock them.  Because that sort of thinking leads to ugly places and Karen, of all people, should know that, given her experience.  I also don't put it past Karen to have fully made up everything.  

Gizelle can be mean, very mean and that tee shirt about Ray was one of the meanest things I've ever seen.  But I've never thought gizelle dishonest.  Karen lies with the same frequency she changes out wigs.  And always stupid lies where she gets caught.  

Sing sing isn't even a psychiatric facility Karen.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, nb360 said:

Yeah.  People can be vicious to children, particularly regarding their appearance.  

Maybe mom really needed help with homeschooling during the pandemic and was desperate enough to let her kids be filmed.  Fingers crossed there isn't any fallout.  

I remember a little boy from another show, around mateos age, who was a little husky, but so sweet and people were really mean on social media.  

• Love 3
On 7/12/2021 at 2:11 PM, eXiled said:

Potomac broads do tend to be sharp shooters, I notice. I'll admit that the way Candiace conducts herself really strikes a nerve. While I was never a person who believed she deserved the aggression she received from Mo, I will admit to wondering if that was Candiace's first time at that kind of rodeo. Meaning: She must either know who to try or never have hung around women who are not known for using their words. She's so buck all the time -- and with a hair trigger quickness -- that I can't imagine that was Candiace's first time.

Ashley too, when she first started. She was quick with the lip too. When chicks act like Candiace and Ashley I feel like they must have the hands to back it up. And right after I make that assumption, I feel really badly because I know that not everyone grew up like that, lol. Not everyone had to fight, you know? Dorothy may have been the toughest broad Candiace ever came across for all I know, given her background.

See, I took this as the exact opposite. Clearly, Candiace grew up somewhere where she was NEVER pressed to back up her quick lip with a quick right. If she had to throw hands, she'd be a lot more strategic in going from 0-100. People who fight, are 1) prepared to get punched (see the Mike Tyson quote) and 2) don't start stuff they aren't prepared to end. Both Ashley and Candiace are of the "I only said something, the only response is for you to say something back..." school. They are used to lip and no hit, which is why they think you can say literally anything to anyone.

• Love 13
12 hours ago, nb360 said:

My guess - the kids get as nominal appearance fee for each episode they are on. Even if its only $500 per episode, their dad wasn't rolling deep earlier which may mean that child support was all there was. Even putting aside an additional $2-3k may help seed college funds for both of them. That's my thought on why so many parents allow kids to appear, even those that clearly don't want to be there.

• Useful 6
(edited)

But Candiace gets blasted for not struggling (when the people on the show looking down on her did not struggle either).

Candiace and her mother flaunted airs about their "wealth," which I and others have questioned as perhaps being exaggerations and which drew the snark. Candiace claimed she owned her mother's home, then later claimed she was paying the mortgage, which I called "paying rent." Their bragging fell apart under scrutiny. I think Andy Cohen questioned Candiace, too.

They referenced a trust, which may be a garden-variety revocable trust with Candiace as the beneficiary. I have one of these; anyone can create one, regardless of "wealth." They are a smart estate planning tool. But when most people hear "trust fund," they think "wealth." It was deceptive.

Candiace's parents are solidly middle class, one a therapist and the other a military physician. My friend was a high-ranking military officer who was head of her military branch's entire medical service, and like many military she made a modest salary (with good benefits).

Good for Candiace's parents at being successful, but I doubt they are what is considered wealthy. In fact, Candiace's Bravo salary is probably higher than their annual salaries.

Many posters here also went after Robyn, who appears to have been supported by her parents well into adulthood. Robyn squandered her savings, then talked about several business schemes that disappeared; her mother partnered with her in the house-flip that failed. Robyn had not one but two tax debts. The assumption is that her parents have been helping her while she fronts as being a smart businesswoman.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

What I learned this episode is that one can be as beautiful and as laidback as Robyn and you will still have a man, sorry even worse, a Juan embarrassing you on camera when you are obviously depressed! I work from home and I too felt a bout of depression and anxiety due to the isolation this year as did a lot of us. Also if I had her kids I would stay in bed until their bedtime. 😂 

Although I am mostly an introvert so I kind of never want to return to office. I love wfh! Anyway, looking at Juan makes me feel truly blessed to have a supportive partner. And that although some like Michael Darby find him handsome, I just can’t see it and all because of his terrible personality. I would rather Wendy’s husband any day! 

Ashley, are you convincing yourself or us because we are not buying what you are selling. We can clearly see how checked out, how utterly joyless he was in that scene. It was truly a sad thing to witness but so predictable. And I doubt she has even successfully deluded herself. How are the postnuptial agreement negotiations? 

Edited by Rambunctiouscurls
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Candiace and her mother flaunted airs about their "wealth," which I and others have questioned as perhaps being exaggerations and which drew the snark. Candiace claimed she owned her mother's home, then later claimed she was paying the mortgage, which I called "paying rent." Their bragging fell apart under scrutiny. I think Andy Cohen questioned Candiace, too.

They referenced a trust, which may be a garden-variety revocable trust with Candiace as the beneficiary. I have one of these; anyone can create one, regardless of "wealth." They are a smart estate planning tool. But when most people hear "trust fund," they think "wealth." It was deceptive.

Candiace's parents are solidly middle class, one a therapist and the other a military physician. My friend was a high-ranking military officer who was head of her military branch's entire medical service, and like many military she made a modest salary (with good benefits).

Good for Candiace's parents at being successful, but I doubt they are what is considered wealthy. In fact, Candiace's Bravo salary is probably higher than their annual salaries.

Many posters here also went after Robyn, who appears to have been supported by her parents well into adulthood. Robyn squandered her savings, then talked about several business schemes that disappeared; her mother partnered with her in the house-flip that failed. Robyn had not one but two tax debts. The assumption is that her parents have been helping her while she fronts as being a smart businesswoman.

Yes, Candiace had a comfortable middle-class lifestyle but is not near a bougie as she pretended to be when she first came on our screens. She probably is doing quite well for herself mostly due to the show. I have heard that she is a talented singer so maybe that will lead to something.

39 minutes ago, Rambunctiouscurls said:

What I learned this episode is that one can be as beautiful and as laidback as Robyn and you will still have a man, sorry even worse, a Juan embarrassing you on camera when you are obviously depressed! I work from home and I too felt a bout of depression and anxiety due to the isolation this year as did a lot of us. Also if I had her kids I would stay in bed until their bedtime. 😂 

Although I am mostly an introvert so I kind of never want to return to office. I love wfh! Anyway, looking at Juan makes me feel truly blessed to have a supportive partner. And that although some like Michael Darby find him handsome, I just can’t see it and all because of his terrible personality. I would rather Wendy’s husband any day! 

Ashley, are you convincing yourself or us because we are not buying what you are selling. We can clearly see how checked out, how utterly joyless he was in that scene. It was truly a sad thing to witness but so predictable. And I doubt she has even successfully deluded herself. How are the postnuptial agreement negotiations? 

As much as I was flabbergasted that beautiful Gizelle picked and put up with hideous Jamal...I was just as perturbed that Robyn always seemed to be begging for scraps of affection when it came to Juan.

I have heard that Robyn might have been having an affair with the man that stole their money. If this is true, it would go a long way in explaining his attitude towards her. However, I do not know if these are just false rumors.

Some have also said that Juan likes his girlfriend because she is more feminine compared to Robyn. I think this does not track because he married Robyn, so he must have liked her tomboyish swag. 

I have to say that Ashley's husband disgusts me to the point that I can not watch them on screen. He really is a repulsive abuser.  I think he had little interest in Ashley before the babies and zero interest in her now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, qtpye said:

If this is true, it would go a long way in explaining his attitude towards her.

I mean he has literally been cheating on her since college if not earlier. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I did not know this but it does not come as a surprise.

The man supposedly has a girlfriend now so this "When will they marry" plot is bullshit unless the girlfriend dumps Juan.

Both Gizelle and Robyn are examples of how being pretty does not guarantee you happiness if you pick the wrong type of men.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Both Gizelle and Robyn are examples of how being pretty does not guarantee you happiness if you pick the wrong type of men.

And if you have a poor sense of self.

For all of their bragging about their looks, they both have insecurities.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, nb360 said:

And if you have a poor sense of self.

For all of their bragging about their looks, they both have insecurities.

I haven't heard robyn brag about her looks.  I think she is beautiful, but she doesn't seem to remind people she is pretty.  

Actually, I think most of the women on Potomac are really pretty.  I'm not so sure about Karen but that is just me.  

Candace, Robyn, gizelle and Wendy are pretty.  I think gizelle is absolutely gorgeous.  And it's not just the light skin or green eyes. Robyn is beautiful.  Candace is more cute and pretty.  Wendy is regal and pretty.  

Mias face looks like a plastic disaster.  I wonder how she looks without fillers and botox.  I'd bet it's better.  

• Love 9

Candace, Robyn, gizelle and Wendy are pretty.  I think gizelle is absolutely gorgeous.  And it's not just the light skin or green eyes. Robyn is beautiful.  Candace is more cute and pretty.  Wendy is regal and pretty.  

Ashely isn't that bad looking either.

• Love 6

I think Ashley is very pretty. I like when she straightens her hair best. Karen looked really nice in her hair and make up when she was talking to Ray IMO. Her wig and make up looked really nice. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

A few years ago I met a woman who in casual conversation told me she dated Juan and really liked him but he was still living with his ex wife and she felt funny about that and stopped seeing him. 

I wonder if most of the women he dates care if he lives with his ex and is now engaged again to Robyn? 

Robyn has got to know Juan has a wandering eye by now, right?

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

Ok, so I'm going to play armchair psychiatrist for a moment. Juan seems to have abandonment issues that come from his mother choosing drugs and men over her son. In my experience men who have those issues tend to spend the rest of their lives testing boundaries with women, because deep down they really believe that they are not lovable enough for a woman to choose them. The more a woman says "I choose you" the more they try to prove that it's just a matter of time before she leaves. 

Robyn started dating Juan when they were just kids. Much of her formative years with respect to relationships were with Juan. She has basically spent her entire life trying to prove herself to him, but no mater what she does, he's never truly going to believe her. At the same time, he too has had the ability to just walk away, but he hasn't. Despite what any of us may think, I believe both of them do love the other, but they've fallen into a pretty dysfunctional pattern that could only be fixed with a LOT of counseling and therapy, both individually and collectively.

And at the end of the day Robyn's not-relationship has lasted longer than most of the marriages on this show, so I'm not buying into the narrative that this is some long-game con on either her or Juan's part. I just don't think either of them knows how to get what they really want, and neither of them wants to change what they have been doing.

• Useful 7
  • Love 8
On 7/14/2021 at 10:51 AM, Rlb8031 said:

If that was truly the case, Karen wouldn't have needed to add the Hampton University bit, since Gizelle hasn't attended the school in 30 years.

There hasn't been any word on the streets about Gizelle being trampy and if her box is on fire it's because her husband lit the match. That's not cute to blame and shame Gizelle for what her husband did.

Gizelle doesn't give me tramp or slutty vibes.  Gizelle gives me "cold fish" vibes.

9 hours ago, RealReality said:

I haven't heard robyn brag about her looks.  I think she is beautiful, but she doesn't seem to remind people she is pretty

The only person who has explicitly bragged about her looks is Gizelle. What's going on is some of the cast members plus many of the viewers have taken issue with Robyn & Gizelle's light skin and green eyes. That doesn't equal Robyn or Gizelle bragging about their looks.

Katie & Ashley made hay of Robyn & Gizelle's green eyes probably because they were pressed that Robyn & Gizelle both have two black parents* but ended up with green eyes while they are biracial and ended up with dark brown eyes.

6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Robyn has got to know Juan has a wandering eye by now, right?

Robyn knows and is what it is.  At the end of the day Juan doesn't have to go back to Robyn if he doesn't want to. Men don't stay anywhere they don't want to be.  Juan isn't going anywhere...ROBYN is the one who filed for the divorce, not him.  He will still be up in Robyn's face even after the youngest boy turns 18.  That's them and if they don't ever remarry, that's cool.

2 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Despite what any of us may think, I believe both of them do love the other,

Robyn & Juan have been together for almost 30 years.  Neither one is going anywhere.  I think Juan has a "gruff" personality so what we think of as unconcerned and cold is just his way of communicating.

I would suggest listening to Robyn & Gizelle's podcast (from episode 1) for a better insight into who Robyn is and why she is the way she is.

As far as Candiace not wanting to be around Karen, why would she want to be around Karen when Karen was pretending to be "concerned" for her but calling BRAVO to get her fired? 

Now what I thought was interesting was when Robyn asked if Candiace was coming, Wendy said "Who?" and then caught herself.

*None of Robyn/Gizelle's parents have green eyes.  I'd be interested to see if any of Gizelle's siblings have green eyes.  I think Robyn's brother does; they look like twins.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
21 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I like Candiace, but I do think she went overboard with her wedding.  Her mom is a psychiatrist and had her own practice. Depending on how many patients she saw a day and her cost per session she would make a lot of money.  Plus Candiace has a hair care line, is a co-owner of a hair salon with her mother, a podcast, acted in a few movies and TV shows and has a new movie coming out later this year. She and Wendy appear to be the only Housewives who have jobs outside of Bravo.

Edited by spunky
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, spunky said:

I like Candiace, but I do think she went overboard with her wedding.  Her mom is a psychiatrist and had her own practice. Depending on how many patients she saw a day and her cost per session she would make a lot of money.  Plus Candiace has a hair care line, is a co-owner of a hair salon with her mother, a podcast, acted in a few movies and TV shows and has a new movie coming out later this year. She and Wendy appear to be the only Housewives who have jobs outside of Bravo.

People (or at least the ones I know) almost always overdo it on their wedding.  

Its such an industry and there are so many markups where there may not otherwise be. 

My friend saved a bundle by using a venue that wasn't "wedding specific" for very reception and hiring a local company to cater it buffet style.  

My boss, many moons ago was still 60k in debt from his wedding.  He did so much, releasing doves huge venue, middle of new York.  

The views and ambianxe are nice at wedding specific venues.  But for the money I think its so much nicer to have a well done backyard reception.  

Just to say, going overboard on a wedding seems fairly common. I like candace too and agree with your points about her hustle.  

I have only my own experience, but my dad is a doctor and he made really good money working primarily at a state job.

I'd agree that we didn't grow up like Jeff bezos rich, but we were fairlu well off. 

Specialists make really good money (do not know about her dad). 

I'd say that my parents are pretty well off, but it's hard to say what part of that can be accounted for by salary and what is accounted for by investments and the properties they own. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Ok, so I'm going to play armchair psychiatrist for a moment. Juan seems to have abandonment issues that come from his mother choosing drugs and men over her son. In my experience men who have those issues tend to spend the rest of their lives testing boundaries with women, because deep down they really believe that they are not lovable enough for a woman to choose them. The more a woman says "I choose you" the more they try to prove that it's just a matter of time before she leaves. 

Robyn started dating Juan when they were just kids. Much of her formative years with respect to relationships were with Juan. She has basically spent her entire life trying to prove herself to him, but no mater what she does, he's never truly going to believe her. At the same time, he too has had the ability to just walk away, but he hasn't. Despite what any of us may think, I believe both of them do love the other, but they've fallen into a pretty dysfunctional pattern that could only be fixed with a LOT of counseling and therapy, both individually and collectively.

And at the end of the day Robyn's not-relationship has lasted longer than most of the marriages on this show, so I'm not buying into the narrative that this is some long-game con on either her or Juan's part. I just don't think either of them knows how to get what they really want, and neither of them wants to change what they have been doing.

I totally agree that Juan's upbringing affects his behavior and attitude towards robyn.  I dont think that you have that trauma as a child and walk away unscathed by it.  

And I agree that there is more to their relationship than an elaborate con.  

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Ashely isn't that bad looking either.

To each their own.  I kinda thought Ashley was a bit of a butterface even from her first season.  

But I have nothing to say about her body, which was nothing sort of spectacular and aspirational. I think she had won a swimsuit competition at miss USA and I could totally see that.   

But some of this may be tainted by the fact that I don't like ashley and wasn't ever a fan. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

People (or at least the ones I know) almost always overdo it on their wedding.  

Its such an industry and there are so many markups where there may not otherwise be. 

My friend saved a bundle by using a venue that wasn't "wedding specific" for very reception and hiring a local company to cater it buffet style.  

My boss, many moons ago was still 60k in debt from his wedding.  He did so much, releasing doves huge venue, middle of new York.  

The views and ambianxe are nice at wedding specific venues.  But for the money I think its so much nicer to have a well done backyard reception.  

Just to say, going overboard on a wedding seems fairly common. I like candace too and agree with your points about her hustle.  

I have only my own experience, but my dad is a doctor and he made really good money working primarily at a state job.

I'd agree that we didn't grow up like Jeff bezos rich, but we were fairlu well off. 

Specialists make really good money (do not know about her dad). 

I'd say that my parents are pretty well off, but it's hard to say what part of that can be accounted for by salary and what is accounted for by investments and the properties they own. 

New York is just expensive, no what you're doing.  I've decided when ever I get married I'm doing it on a cruise ship.  In that way I get a wedding and honeymoon in one and my guests get a vacation.

I also think it depends on culture.  In the Caribbean culture, most families would rather us have a large down-payment for a house instead of an expensive wedding. 

As you said Candiace is a hustler.  Most specialists do make good money.  I believe her stepfather is also a physician. She also spoke about investing in real estate on her podcast. 

Edited by spunky
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, spunky said:

I agree with you about the wedding.

Candiace's mother is not a doctor. She made it SEEM like her mother was a doctor but she is actually a Clinical Social Worker/Therapist

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists/dorothy-d-watts-stockbridge-ga/121532

These are her rates:

Cost per Session: $60 - $80

Pay By: Mastercard, Visa

Accepted Insurance Plans

This is her education:

Qualifications

License: Georgia / CSW002841

School: Southern University

Year Graduated: 1994

Additional Credentials

Certificate: Substance Abuse Professional / 60233

Certificate Date: 2006

Edited by qtpye
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I agree with you about the wedding.

Candiace's mother is not a doctor. She made it SEEM like her mother was a doctor but she is actually a Clinical Social Worker/Therapist

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists/dorothy-d-watts-stockbridge-ga/121532

These are her rates:

Cost per Session: $60 - $80

Pay By: Mastercard, Visa

Accepted Insurance Plans

This is her education:

Qualifications

License: Georgia / CSW002841

School: Southern University

Year Graduated: 1994

Additional Credentials

Certificate: Substance Abuse Professional / 60233

Certificate Date: 2006

I stand corrected. Based on some of things Candiace said on her podcast, it seems as though Dorothy was trying to make her daughters her patients as well. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, spunky said:

New York is just expensive, no what you're doing.  I've decided when ever I get married I'm doing it on a cruise ship.  In that way I get a wedding and honeymoon in one and my guests get a vacation.

I also think it depends on culture.  In the Caribbean culture, most families would rather us have a large down-payment for a house instead of an expensive wedding. 

As you said Candiace is a hustler.  Most specialists do make good money.  I believe her stepfather is also a physician. She also spoke about investing in real estate on her podcast. 

LOL. That would be fun, like a destination wedding.  

I always said a Tuesday morning in rialto, that way no one shows up but I get a bunch of gifts.  

I was joking.....mostly.  LOL. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

LOL. That would be fun, like a destination wedding.  

I always said a Tuesday morning in rialto, that way no one shows up but I get a bunch of gifts.  

I was joking.....mostly.  LOL. 

I see you, LOL. It's a great way to avoid inviting people you don't normally communicate with and it helps to keep costs down.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/15/2021 at 1:54 AM, RealReality said:

I haven't heard robyn brag about her looks.  I think she is beautiful, but she doesn't seem to remind people she is pretty.  

Actually, I think most of the women on Potomac are really pretty.  I'm not so sure about Karen but that is just me.  

Mias face looks like a plastic disaster.  I wonder how she looks without fillers and botox.  I'd bet it's better.  

I think all of the “housewives” on this show are beautiful.  This is one of the most gorgeous casts out of all the HW shows imo.  And Katie was beautiful too.  And Monique.

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

I think all of the “housewives” on this show are beautiful.  This is one of the most gorgeous casts out of all the HW shows imo.  And Katie was beautiful too.  And Monique.

They really are, especially Monique. 
It doesn’t appear (or it is not obvious) that they haven’t had much work done, just mostly naturally beautiful on the outside.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

They really are, especially Monique. 
It doesn’t appear (or it is not obvious) that they haven’t had much work done, just mostly naturally beautiful on the outside.

Lol those last three words tho😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

As an alumnus of Hopkins, Wendy is a joke and an embarrassment this season. She needs to take it down a few notches. She went from a professorial persona (I have 10 degrees, blah, blah, blah) to a low budget stripper. Clearly something is going on with her marriage to Kanye.

Bravo is so shady “Young hot Karen” in her throw back pictures. Love the drama that Karen and Gizelle bring. 

bahahhaa! Ashley trying to paint a perfect married life with that creepy bald gnome. No one is buying it. 

Edited by TheCouchPotato
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, dosodog said:

On behalf of gnomes, they are nothing like Michael Darby.

You are absolutely right:

1. Most gnomes are taller and better looking
  2. Gnomes usually do not grab people's butts and excuse themselves as it being "Australian"

I know some Australian people and they conduct themselves with a lot of class...so shut up, Michael!

• LOL 6
3 hours ago, qtpye said:

You are absolutely right:

1. Most gnomes are taller and better looking
  2. Gnomes usually do not grab people's butts and excuse themselves as it being "Australian"

I know some Australian people and they conduct themselves with a lot of class...so shut up, Michael!

2. If a gnome suddenly appeared in my front yard, that would be fun or if Michael shows up in my yard - yikes.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/13/2021 at 8:28 AM, Sweet-tea said:

[snip]

I don't understand a) how Candiace and Chris can afford that house if they are truly paying for it on their own or b) why they need 10,000+ SF, 6 bedrooms. It was also weird because from the outside the house didn't look that large to me. It certainly wasn't small but it didn't look like a 10,000 SF home from the front. 

I enjoy this group of women. There's something different about Potomac. They make me laugh more than the other HW shows. 

I agree with those who think they're trying to give each of Chris's young children an individual bedroom and have a guest room and maybe even a dedicated MIL room. Plus, as some said they got a deal on a house that had been on the market for quite a while so why not get as big as you want/need? I think it was originally listed for a little over $1 million and they paid close to $800,000. They are very fortunate that they purchased it before the prices started rocketing up last fall; I imagine its value has increased a lot already.

As for finances and down payment and qualifying for a loan, are we just going with "Chris had no money whatsoever"? Maybe he did own a share in the BBQ restaurant and sold it back, or he's picked up some side income. Does Bravo pay him anything for appearing on the show? (Someone wrote that the kids who appear get $500 an episode so it seems like the husbands who appear regularly would also get paid.) Of course, there is the arrears child support issue but maybe he (and Candiace) got that settled so he's up to date now. Of all the people on the show, I think C&C are the ones most likely to have their finances in pretty good shape and aren't fronting on what they can afford. Well, the Darbys, but we all know there's no real financial partnership there. Michael has likely been hiding funds for years. Did he ever sign the new post-nup?

On 7/13/2021 at 9:44 AM, RealReality said:

36 is mia's aspirational age.  Her actual age has to be like 45+

I do think that the overly botoxed, garishly fillered face is such a staple on reality TV that it really gives women an ageless quality, but not in a good way.  There are 29 year Olds and 55 year Olds all sporting the same gaudy look so it can be hard to tell age.    

It can be hard to tell their age but often (to my eyes at least) the younger ones seem to   look OLDER than their true age. 

On 7/13/2021 at 11:15 AM, heatherchandler said:

It's Common Core, I bet.  My kids learned it and I CANNOT wrap my head around it.  And I work in finance, so I get numbers.  It has to do with rounding up and down.. I think.  But it works, my kids can add and subtract in their heads really quick!

I finally saw some of this "new math" when my nephew showed me his homework. Not a math person at all, so I was surprised that I got it right away. My mom does her math the same way and is also very quick with adding and subtracting, so I guess that's why I'm familiar with it. She's 85 so maybe it's old old math?

Edited by RedHawk
Spelling
  • Love 6