Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: The Nude Interlude

• Start Topic

It’s a new day in Potomac! Ashley has a bun in the oven, Candiace has a new home of her own and Karen is set to walk down the aisle (again)! - but while some of the women are taking big steps forward in the personal lives, others are at a standstill. After a mysterious and salacious invitation, the ladies gather and become acquainted with a new friend (or two) - and a years' worth of tension boils over into a war of words between longtime frenemies Gizelle and Karen.

Airdate: 07.11.2021

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I am actually super excited for this show. I love me some Potomac… 

I hope it doesn’t disappoint because the others that are currently airing are real disappointments in what I want in my escapism TV.

• Love 15
(edited)

Candiace to Giselle “How’s your relationship with Jamal?”

Giselle, “Not good.”

Stats Queen “Non existent, (because, it was fake).

Giselle: “Here we are in a bubble, he is seeing 5000 people a week.”

Stats Queen’s inner thoughts, “yes he is because he is trying to charge them $500 a piece for a COVID test”

Edited by Stats Queen
  • LOL 8
  • Love 15

I turned this on late, probably about 8:20, there were ads on, my neighbor came over, picked up some leftovers, left, still ads, I changed my clothes, checked a few emails, still ads, the show finally comes back for 3 short scenes and Oh Look!!! So far 5 more ads.  Sigh.  

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Andi27 said:

Where is Wendy, Carroll County?

As a Marylander, I need a map for this show, given that 2 of these women actually live in Potomac.

Yes she is near my neck of the woods, about 15 min away from me and I am no where near Potomac.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

That escalated quickly. I hope this season is more than just the ladies being hurtful toward each other. I need silliness like Karen's runaway wigs and Wendy's slither.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes she is near my neck of the woods, about 15 min away from me and I am no where near Potomac.

OK, so for this season we have:

Potomac: Karen and Gizelle

Prince George's County (DC suburbs): Candace

Anne Arundel County (Baltimore suburbs): Robyn

Carroll County (Baltimore exurbs): Wendy

Arlington, VA (not even Maryland): Ashley

And friend of Mia in Downtown Baltimore

• Useful 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Once again I'm feeling embarrassed for Robyn. That whole smoothie shop scene was ultra cringey. All in one breath Juan is airing her out on camera yet talking about MORE kids. Make it make sense. 

All that about some titties tho? At least we got a Housewives showdown out of it. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Andi27 said:

Is Candace's new house in Prince George's County? Woodmore/Mitchellville, I assume...

Her new home is in Upper Marlboro.

26 minutes ago, Andi27 said:

Where is Wendy, Carroll County?

Wendy lives in Finksburg.

2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I thought Ashley was in Arlington. 

Yes, Ashley lives in Arlington.

Gizelle lives in Bethesda, Robyn lives in Elkridge (don't know where new house is), Mia lives in Baltimore.

From the beginning of the show, only Charrisse, Karen and the former cast member lived in Potomac and Former Cast Member didn't start the show living in Potomac, she started out living in Vienna, VA.  I've always said this show should be "Real Housewives of the Potomac" since from the start the majority of the cast never lived in Potomac.

Wendy's boobs look great.  I'm glad Mia said "I sho did have all this surgery" because the blogs would be talking about it anyway.

Wendy wasn't feeling Mia from jump.

If Candiace didn't want to show up to the party, that's ok because that's one less person causing drama.

Karen & Gizelle decided at last season's reunion they were going to destroy the other. Let's see how this plays out.

• Love 13

So that was a lot of cringe and yet somehow still very boring. Okay, let's go down list. 

• Mia honey, if you're going to so blatantly lie about your age, do the math to work out a story that's semi-credible 
  • Not sure what to make of Wendy right now. I have no issue with someone getting some work done but there was something just off and I guess fake about her tonight, that wasn't there last season. Like she's now playing the part of what she thinks a Housewife should be.
  • Karen, you and Wendy had two completely different interpretations of that lunch date. 
  • Candiace was barely present and it was still too much because when she's not being generally unpleasant, she's also just plain not that interesting. 
  • Chris' daughter's reaction to Gizelle was telling - children CAN sense evil 
  • Robyn continues to be a complete non-entity.  Woman makes Teddi from BH look exciting. How this chick hasn't been reduced to friend of is beyond me. 
  • Ashley was surprisingly okay. Can't believe she came all the way out there with that big ass pregnant belly but I guess any excuse to get out of the house in these pandemic days. 
  • Karen is still enjoyable to me and at this point, really the only one. Gizelle had her usual messy Gizelle snark but those cracks are showing more and more honey. No one's buying your crap anymore. 

In conclusion, I think I'm officially meh on Potomac.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Her new home is in Upper Marlboro.

She paid more than $1 million for a house in Upper Marlboro? 😬 I guess I've really lost track of housing prices around here.

• LOL 2

Wendy has four degrees and 2 new girls. Which is she most proud of overall. This episode, the two new girls. How incredibly creepy she gave her boys nipple cupcakes and then asked them what they thought they were.

All these seasons and we actually saw Poor Chris’ children on TV. I would like the backstory on that.

• Love 17

Candiace not showing up didn’t have anything to do with Karen. I’m guessing she just didn’t want to shlep all the way out there to Wendy’s. But her excuse looked even more lame given that Ashley made it and she’s giving birth in 10 days.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, Andi27 said:

She paid more than $1 million for a house in Upper Marlboro? 😬 I guess I've really lost track of housing prices around here.

Townhouses are running almost $500,000 now so I can believe prices are like that where she bought.  The housing prices are truly out of control.

4 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

Candiace not showing up didn’t have anything to do with Karen. I’m guessing she just didn’t want to shlep all the way out there to Wendy’s. But her excuse looked even more lame given that Ashley made it and she’s giving birth in 10 days.

There was speculation Candiace was holding off on signing a new contract because she wanted more money.  A YouTuber was speculating Wendy's party might have been during Candiace's holding off period.

Or she could've just had diarrhea and not wanted to drive from Upper Marlboro to Finksburg when she had the bubble guts.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, Andi27 said:

OK, so for this season we have:

Potomac: Karen and Gizelle

Prince George's County (DC suburbs): Candace

Anne Arundel County (Baltimore suburbs): Robyn

Carroll County (Baltimore exurbs): Wendy

Arlington, VA (not even Maryland): Ashley

And friend of Mia in Downtown Baltimore

They should have just labeled this show Real Housewives of the DMV. 😞

Ashley and Michael look so cramped in that apartment. How is it that they have the smallest place when Michael is a real estate developer? Speaking of places, there is no way Candiace and Chris financed a $1.1 mil home unless Dorothy co-signed. 

I’m going to withhold judgement on Mia. She came out the box with math shenanigans worthy of Phaedra. As Judge Judy likes to say, “If you tell the truth, you don’t need to have a good memory” -  or be good at math. I am very curious where Mia lives because it has to be just minutes from me. I’m thinking The Ritz Carlton Condominiums. I am by no means wealthy, but I do own a condo in the Inner Harbor and there are not that many options with a penthouse view. 

Overall a good, but not great open to the season. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Ok, seriously, what was Karen trying to imply about Gizelle’s “hot box”?  That she is diseased?  I feel like it was supposed to mean something else and I really can’t figure out what that might be.

Robyn has some pandemic depression going on.  It’s not really going to fix things to just harp at her on camera about getting up earlier, Juan.

• Love 21
(edited)

Baltimore is not even in the DMV.  This franchise should have been named The Real Housewives Somewhere in Not so Close Proximity to Potomac and Kind of Close to York Pennsylvania 

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Baltimore is not even in the DMV.  This franchise should have been named The Real Housewives Somewhere in Not so Close Proximity to Potomac and Kind of Close to York Pennsylvania 

Does DMV no longer stand for DC-Maryland-Virginia? Is Baltimore not in MD? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Ok, seriously, what was Karen trying to imply about Gizelle’s “hot box”?  That she is diseased?  I feel like it was supposed to mean something else and I really can’t figure out what that might be.

I think she was attempting to imply she was “spreading” it around lol 

• LOL 1
5 minutes ago, laprin said:

Does DMV no longer stand for DC-Maryland-Virginia? Is Baltimore not in MD? 

The DMV is the DC Metropolitan area.  It’s not all of Maryland and Virginia..  it’s the counties adjoining the District-  Montgomery County, Prince George’s County, Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax.  Baltimore is not a suburb of DC.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I mentioned this in the Gizelle thread but I'll briefly touch on it here: 

Spoiler

Word on the street is Jamal gave Gizelle an uncurable STD and she had a nervous breakdown and spent some time in a mental health facility.

People will say after allegedly plotting on Former Cast Member's child's paternity, Gizelle deserves it. 

• Love 5
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

The DMV is the DC Metropolitan area.  It’s not all of Maryland and Virginia..  it’s the counties adjoining the District-  Montgomery County, Prince George’s County, Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax.  Baltimore is not a suburb 

This is news to me.

Edited by laprin
(edited)
28 minutes ago, laprin said:

I’m not trying to be difficult. I thought you may have been joking, but factually this is not accurate. I work in media/marketing. We understand that when we place media in the DMV that it refers to DC-MD-VA. Just google it. I don’t know where that definition above came from but City-Data site says this:

2A8E70E0-2117-4483-91A2-E2E07AB8FBD0.jpeg

OK.  I guess there are two definitions because I’ve lived in the DMV my entire life, so I don’t need to google it, and I think most natives would disagree that all of Maryland and Virginia are a part of it.  And, now that I read the definition you provided, it actually says, “It refers mainly to DC and the DC SUBURBS in MD and VA (which is what I accurately said) “Baltimore is ONLY included when the term Baltimore/Washington area is used.” (2 different things - 1 is DMV, other is Baltimore/Washington).  And, “there is no reference to Baltimore in the acronym.”  Your definition actually confirms what I said.  But, whatever.  It’s only a tv show.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 6
(edited)

If Karen is alluding to Giselle having a "hot box" and "Sing Sing"

Spoiler

Hot box being a venereal disease and Sing Sing a psychiatric facility 

Then in my opinion, she's reached a new housewife low.  Regardless of opinions on Giselle's non role/role in spreading rumors last year, that doesn't excuse saying something like that for cameras.  For sooooo many different reasons, several surrounding shaming.

Question?  Do we need to keep this in spoilers?  Or would it be considered speculating what Karen meant by what she said?

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 19
58 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Then in my opinion, she's reached a new housewife low.  Regardless of opinions on Giselle's non role/role in spreading rumors last year, that doesn't excuse saying something like that for cameras.  For sooooo many different reasons, several surrounding shaming.

Question?  Do we need to keep this in spoilers?  Or would it be considered speculating what Karen meant by what she said?

Well, I put it in spoilers because Karen didn't directly say it on the episode.  She did confirm what she meant by Sing Sing on the WWHL program.

I know people will say "Well Gizelle talks about everyone else's business" so she deserves it, and that may be true, but the Sing Sing reference by Karen is not cool and that's going to come back to bite her on the butt in the future.  IMO. 

Karen will lose this tea and shade battle with Gizelle because Gizelle does not care nearly as much about how she is seen by other as Karen does.

• Love 18
7 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Candiace to Giselle “How’s your relationship with Jamal?”

Giselle, “Not good.”

Stats Queen “Non existent, (because, it was fake).

Giselle: “Here we are in a bubble, he is seeing 5000 people a week.”

Stats Queen’s inner thoughts, “yes he is because he is trying to charge them $500 a piece for a COVID test”

The smart move is to charge them for the COVID test, and then send them some free miracle water.  I'd make a great megachurch preacher.  

5 hours ago, Andi27 said:

If the current housing market has taught me anything, its that every home is a million dollar home. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I mentioned this in the Gizelle thread but I'll briefly touch on it here: 

Hide contents

Word on the street is Jamal gave Gizelle an uncurable STD and she had a nervous breakdown and spent some time in a mental health facility.

People will say after allegedly plotting on Former Cast Member's child's paternity, Gizelle deserves it. 

No one deserves that.  I hope its not true.  

• Love 14

You guys!  I was going to save this for tomorrow but you all are making it sound like such messy fun that I want to watch right now!  Its literally midnight!  I have to work!  Maybe just 15 minutes....

• LOL 5
  • Love 2