Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

55 minutes ago, kalibean said:

That I believe. Not uncommon for a rookie to get all yes votes. And for veterans to get one or two maybe votes, especially if they aren’t classical beautiful or flirt with weight warnings. Or still struggle wkth the dance. I think Christina got several maybe votes every year, and a no or two, yet she persisted. 

But Lexie is a fifth year vet...

I know the boards don't mean a lot but Lexie in that position is really a surprise.

How bad did she do to be below Kristen and next to Taylor?

• Love 8
On 9/26/2021 at 10:37 PM, evasworld123 said:

I think Lea’s appeal is that she’s the only TCC (who hasn’t been in camp before) that actually knows the choreography at this point lol.

Kelli compared her to Jalyn, ‘sharp as a whistle’ with the choreo. Most of the other girls have a lot of sequence mistakes. 

Lea is becoming one of my favorites.  She is clean and powerful.  In addition to knowing the choreography, She knows where to stop her movements.   From some recent pics, it looks like she is growing her hair which I think will enhance her look.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, TB12 said:

If anyone in the DCC org is reading this page, for the love of all that is good and holy make these young ladies STOP with the procedures. They're starting to look like washed up housewives...

The DCC have looked 15 years older (in the face) than their actual ages since Kelli took the reigns. 

Look back at pics of Kelli in the late '80's, early '90's. She looks older THEN than she does NOW.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

Lea is becoming one of my favorites.  She is clean and powerful.  In addition to knowing the choreography, She knows where to stop her movements.   From some recent pics, it looks like she is growing her hair which I think will enhance her look.

I like Lea! Her dancing is fun to watch. I hope they feature her more as the show continues as they often don’t with strong dancers who breeze through training camp.

As far as her aesthetic, her short hair and facial features remind me in a positive way of a pixie. There’s certainly an audience for a sexy pixie. 

• Love 14
29 minutes ago, Dr. Donna said:

I like Lea! Her dancing is fun to watch. I hope they feature her more as the show continues as they often don’t with strong dancers who breeze through training camp.

As far as her aesthetic, her short hair and facial features remind me in a positive way of a pixie. There’s certainly an audience for a sexy pixie. 

What the heck is a pixie? Lol 

• LOL 3
On 9/27/2021 at 4:37 PM, WoofDCC said:

Are they just going to gloss over Viktoria leaving?

So far it seems like it, unless they show Victoria at an alumni event or in the stands at the Meet the Team event or the first game. I seem to recall that she & her mom skipped the Meet the Team event when she didn't make the team the first year she tried out, but I could be wrong.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Kamal said:

This is a Poll I made to vote for all the people who should be on showgroup. (I've posted this on reddit too)

https://strawpoll.com/y1qcd312s

Here are the top 15. (since 15vets are on show group this year)

image.thumb.png.84a0d26d9af08068b1d40fbfbbd1bc0d.png

Who we wanted for show group.

Ellie and Dani 

Who we got for show group.

Darian and Kat

(No offense to Darian and Kat. I personally really like Kat)

• Love 9
5 hours ago, lexie3248 said:

Neal McCoy recently had a concert/fundraiser and DCC was there.

https://fb.watch/8jBAXW3pND/

Claire performs her solo at 31:11

DCC performs at 56:20

https://fb.watch/8jBXJm3dbq/

DCC performs at 1:30:19 but it's cut off before they finish the kickline

Wowzers, Claire. Is there a style of dance she can't do? It was definitely more interesting to see something different. She's up there with Melissa for me as most technical DCC ever. Perfect mix of tricks and technique. 

• Love 15
10 hours ago, Kamal said:

Here are the top 15. (since 15vets are on show group this year)

image.thumb.png.84a0d26d9af08068b1d40fbfbbd1bc0d.png

Who we wanted for show group.

Ellie and Dani 

Who we got for show group.

Darian and Kat

(No offense to Darian and Kat. I personally really like Kat)

Not at all surprised by who we voted for Show Group (I voted for the exact same people), but I am very surprised by the order of some of these. In particular, I’m surprised to see McKenzie so low. I’m also surprised to see Chandi and Jalyn above Ashlee, Caroline, Amber, Kelcey, and Rachel. Reason being for Jalyn, although she has great lines and technique and deserves her spot on SG, she has low kicks/is not very flexible. 

Edited by pancakes
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

I love that they have a tradition but I am tired of [all the Cowboys, team and DCC] using this song for victory.  I am also tired of them using Thunderstruck in the pregame DCC performance and highlights video. It is time to retire this song and find something new, fresh, and different. Ten years is long enough and they have been using Thunderstruck since 2010.

• Love 13
On 9/27/2021 at 4:37 PM, WoofDCC said:

Are they just going to gloss over Viktoria leaving?

They don't normally show or talk about the reason a DCC doesn't audition for another season unless they are doing a segment where the retired girls say something mushy and everyone cries and that just started a few years ago.  If Victoria had intended on auditioning and was present during any part of it and then left then it would be a thing but so many DCC have decided not to audition as a veteran and it is not discussed. 

• Love 2

I am probably in the very minority here, but on some of those girls, the DCC shorts look horrible on them. We know that they are itty-bitty girls and the shorts made them look like their rears were flat and large and then on some of their moves, like they had a front wedgie! They just looked so ill fitting.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

They don't normally show or talk about the reason a DCC doesn't audition for another season unless they are doing a segment where the retired girls say something mushy and everyone cries and that just started a few years ago.  If Victoria had intended on auditioning and was present during any part of it and then left then it would be a thing but so many DCC have decided not to audition as a veteran and it is not discussed. 

Then they shouldn't force her down our throats with a big dramatic storyline should she audition next year...

• Love 16
17 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

I am probably in the very minority here, but on some of those girls, the DCC shorts look horrible on them. We know that they are itty-bitty girls and the shorts made them look like their rears were flat and large and then on some of their moves, like they had a front wedgie! They just looked so ill fitting.

A skirt would hide a lot of flaws and look more uniform regardless of different figures.  Those shorts fit different women differently. 

Edited by Weeklydcc
Missing word
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

I'm suspecting they will address the retiring, taking-a-break, injured, resigning vets in a single talking head and call it a day. Victoria was too prominent for the 3 years she tried out/made it without saying something. That she seems fine (Insta, etc) is a good thing, so no reason to hide her.

• Love 4
On 9/24/2021 at 10:18 PM, Love 2 C U Smile said:

KayDianna is the 5th in line coming out and you don’t see her dancing in this video after they come out. Which one did you think she was? 

I didn't think she was anyone. I know she was 5th in line and still have the same opinion. I really hate to compare the girls to each other, but just check out the difference here. Doesn't make Kaydianna any less of an amazing dancer, but she would look more confident and open if she lifted her chin. I was a trained dancer for 15 years so I'm not just some rando criticizing the girls for fun lol.

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 1.55.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 1.55.55 PM.png

Edited by DCC93
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, TB12 said:

Then they shouldn't force her down our throats with a big dramatic storyline should she audition next year...

It depends on why she left (or what excuse they make up for her). Anything that doesn't put her in a good light, they're not going to show (and they shouldn't). So, if she does come back next year, they might not shove her down our throats if they don't want to highlight why she took the break.

I'm not holding my breath, though, that they won't create some "she overcome such a horrible situation & beat the odds" come back story for her.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, rl27rl said:

I was just thinking this watching last night. It's like all the sudden, the shorts are unflattering for a lot of them. Presses their butts into a pancake. Did they change the shorts? They all obviously have basically perfect bodies so I doubt that's the issue. It was bizarre 

23 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

It's a shame this was deleted.  Jalyn deserves more exposure. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CUYFEb3LLwm/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Jalyn is so lovely <3 Would it have killed them to put this in the episode? Jeez

• Love 16
22 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

It's a shame this was deleted.  Jalyn deserves more exposure. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CUYFEb3LLwm/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

18 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

This is the actual Content I would love to see on the show. Enough of the sob stories. 

Me too! Some of my favorite scenes were the Kitty Carter ones in her studio before finals and the ones when vets helped the rookies in studio before a practice. I feel not having episodes like that is what makes it kinda hard to get to know the new TCC. 

• Love 23
11 hours ago, dfwxo said:

The girls have a med spa sponsor. They all have little subtle tweaks. (Botox, some filler etc.) 

Ummmm I think the tweaks are meant to be subtle. Perhaps the docs need a reminder of what subtle means bc these young ladies are looking very old after their procedures...

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CUc2Zg0tigg/?utm_medium=copy_link

have y’all seen this? They’ve pulled in the Emerald Belle’s director to help with kicks 

I can't believe how inflexible some of the rookie candidates especially are! I know you can't practise the jump split if you've never done it before but these stretches should be done multiple times a day if they're serious! Doing this and the kickline daily should be high priority on any potential rookie's list.

I have no intention of trying out (too old now, sadly) but I stretch daily as I'm trying to get back into the splits. I'll be using these stretches myself and channelling my inner DCC with the kickline!

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

have y’all seen this? They’ve pulled in the Emerald Belle’s director to help with kicks 

I'm SO EXCITED about this.  For those who aren't familiar, the Emerald Belles are the drill team for Southlake Caroll High School, which is in a very affluent DFW suburb.  Lacey was an Emerald Belle off the top of my head, tho I can't recall any others.  I'm sure quite a few have been a DCC. 

I've known a few Belles through the years (and have a good friend whose daughter is in their elementary school program) and they're seriously so amazing.  Great call to have their coach help with kicks.  

Howie Mandell said on AGT that they didn't compare to the Rockettes, and their director was like well, sure.  They're the Rockettes, and they're professional dancers.  These are  teenagers at a public high school.  

I laughed so hard at that...tho seriously, many of these high schoolers could try out for Rockettes once they're of age and kill it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Idk this emerald belle team can someone explain them, the rockettes, dcc kicks to me a non dancer who also knows nothing about the emerald belles please.

Also has anyone noticed how Lisa and Daphne’s dcc insta has already been removed but the retired dcc’s hasn’t been deleted etc. Victoria’s dcc insta is still up even tho she and Lisa and Daphne pulled out during training camp. Strange because usually the retired dcc usually have their twitter removed/changed when the show starts to air.

Did Alanna ever post on her DCC insta account (I never followed alanna’s dcc insta) because that account has no posts at all.

Edited by Uk-Eve
  • Useful 4
22 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I'm SO EXCITED about this.  For those who aren't familiar, the Emerald Belles are the drill team for Southlake Caroll High School, which is in a very affluent DFW suburb.  Lacey was an Emerald Belle off the top of my head, tho I can't recall any others.  I'm sure quite a few have been a DCC. 

I've known a few Belles through the years (and have a good friend whose daughter is in their elementary school program) and they're seriously so amazing.  Great call to have their coach help with kicks.  

Howie Mandell said on AGT that they didn't compare to the Rockettes, and their director was like well, sure.  They're the Rockettes, and they're professional dancers.  These are  teenagers at a public high school.  

I laughed so hard at that...tho seriously, many of these high schoolers could try out for Rockettes once they're of age and kill it.

Please excuse my ignorance - but what is a drill team? 

ive seen videos of the Emerald Belle’s so I know they’re good dancers and I did know Lacey was a Belle, however; I don’t know what a drill team is as we don’t have them other here or they’re called something else. 

58 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

ive seen videos of the Emerald Belle’s so I know they’re good dancers and I did know Lacey was a Belle, however; I don’t know what a drill team is as we don’t have them other here or they’re called something else. 

I highly recommend watching this short movie about the Rangerettes! I’m not from Texas so it really helped me understand the difference between a drill team and a dance team: 

Prime Video has it for free in higher quality I believe if you have that.

I was actually pumped to see a qualified person come in to teach kick line! Looking forward to seeing the full segment tomorrow. 

• Love 12
54 minutes ago, evasworld123 said:

I highly recommend watching this short movie about the Rangerettes! I’m not from Texas so it really helped me understand the difference between a drill team and a dance team: 

I was actually pumped to see a qualified person come in to teach kick line! Looking forward to seeing the full segment tomorrow. 

Sweetheart Kelee was a Rangerette

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0_ZlJQneIr/

• Love 8
3 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I can't believe how inflexible some of the rookie candidates especially are! I know you can't practise the jump split if you've never done it before but these stretches should be done multiple times a day if they're serious! Doing this and the kickline daily should be high priority on any potential rookie's list.

I have no intention of trying out (too old now, sadly) but I stretch daily as I'm trying to get back into the splits. I'll be using these stretches myself and channelling my inner DCC with the kickline!

I'm afraid to try one or two. I might get stuck! 

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, evasworld123 said:

Robin (Sn 10) is a sophomore in this video--you can see her at 20:04.  Current DCC Amber M is a freshman "hopeful" (spoiler: of course she makes it!) and you can see her at 17:20.  Fun facts: former DCC Finalist and DCRB Cassidy was a freshman this year, too (not sure if she appears in this video--if I see her I'll edit this post) and featured hopeful Olivia (at 9:11) was a Houston Texan Cheerleader.

Edited by ClassicPegg
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Lona said:

Yeah, but ... but then CMT would be forced to highlight a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader on a tv show about the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. 🙄

Lookie!  Even the TCCs can say her name!  I am looking at you Kelli!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Jessica (S15 rookie) was also an emerald belle

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Idk this emerald belle team can someone explain them, the rockettes, dcc kicks to me a non dancer who also knows nothing about the emerald belles please.

Also has anyone noticed how Lisa and Daphne’s dcc insta has already been removed but the retired dcc’s hasn’t been deleted etc. Victoria’s dcc insta is still up even tho she and Lisa and Daphne pulled out during training camp. Strange because usually the retired dcc usually have their twitter removed/changed when the show starts to air.

Did Alanna ever post on her DCC insta account (I never followed alanna’s dcc insta) because that account has no posts at all.

Aloras is still up as well also Victoria never entered training camp she pulled out before it even started 

Edited by Holly85