Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

I think Christina will be the next savannah ok dancer to make the team but is a great ambassador with the whole military background 

Yes I got that feeling too... Kelli said she was going to cut her but she talked her way out of it.I think she will be on the bubble throughout training camp for sure

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, GoodyMar10 said:

Yes I got that feeling too... Kelli said she was going to cut her but she talked her way out of it.I think she will be on the bubble throughout training camp for sure

Nothing wrong with being a savannah as I really liked savannah and glad to see she was able to go on and be an all star 

• Love 24
3 hours ago, vanillagum said:

Rebecca reminds me SO much of Alora Rose. Someone way more NYC/big city than the rest of the girls and whose dance style is very much NOT professional cheerleading, but who's kind of 'slumming it' (obviously an exaggeration, don't bite me) until they can find something more appealing and closer to their actual dream job. Obviously I know almost nothing about her and can't know her true motivations and feelings, but this is just the vibe I get

I don't have an issue with this attitude if it's the case. Dance jobs have been hard to come by in the past 18 months so I don't blame them for doing DCC for a year, getting it on their resume and leaving.

I was a big fan of Alora-Rose, she really looks the part in that Fosse jazz style, but didn't as much in power pom jazz (although she looked better in her 2nd year TC). However, she looked like she really worked on improving her power and was easy to watch when she nailed it. 

I've not seen much of Rebecca so I'll be interested to see if she can pump up the power. Her showcase audition was strong but on the field pom is very different. That's why I'm always surprised some technical/classically trained dancers try out (Meredith is a perfect example). You've spent your entire life learning how to be balletic, turned out and graceful not hard-hitting and field powerful!

• Love 9
6 hours ago, TB12 said:

I think Kyndall was a Rangerette too. I recall she and Jessika danced together, auditioned together and lived together. I wanted her to make it so bad!

Nevermind...already answered 3 times. lol

Edited by ClassicPegg
On 10/1/2021 at 3:45 PM, DCC.Style.fan said:

I didn't mean to quote just the words Thank you,  but the whole original post including the link. I watched the Sweethearts of the Gridiron a long time ago and thought it was cool. There are so many DCC that were Rangerettes it would take a lot of space to list them all.  They produce amazing kickers for sure.  The ones I can think of are Emma (red head) Robin, Amber, Amelia, Rachel (lunsford maiden name) Megan Fox, Christina Murphy, Meredith Oden and her mom were both Rangerettes and DCC and there are more. These teams are quite a big deal in Texas.  Thank you to the one who originally posted it. 

You’re most welcome! I’m so happy some enjoyed watching this. When I found it on Amazon a few years ago it seriously broadened my horizons regarding Texas drill teams.

Also helped me understand the difference between skills needed for a true kick line versus just dancers that are able to do a high kick or two during a contemporary dance routine. 

Edited by evasworld123
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

You’re most welcome! I’m so happy some enjoyed watching this. When I found it on Amazon a few years ago it seriously broadened my horizons regarding Texas drill teams.

Also helped me understand the difference between skills needed for a true kick line versus just dancers that are able to do a high kick or two during a contemporary dance routine. 

Thanks for sharing, it isn't available on Amazon for me but I watched on YouTube and it was very interesting!  I spotted current DCC Amber a couple of times, she was a hopeful in the movie.  And of course loved seeing Robin!

• Love 2
14 hours ago, TB12 said:

I think Kyndall was a Rangerette too. I recall she and Jessika danced together, auditioned together and lived together. I wanted her to make it so bad!

Kyndall is my one that always makes me SO angry that she didn’t make it. If I had the power to make one cut TCC have made it out of all of the seasons, it would be her.

This actually might be a fun game. If you had to choose only one cut TCC to be able to make the team, who would it be?

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, allitator said:

Kyndall is my one that always makes me SO angry that she didn’t make it. If I had the power to make one cut TCC have made it out of all of the seasons, it would be her.

This actually might be a fun game. If you had to choose only one cut TCC to be able to make the team, who would it be?

Mine would be Megan p they gal Kelli made fun of her bottom half which I thought was fine 

• Love 20
On 7/25/2021 at 4:36 PM, UnicornKicksBack said:

Dumb question is Kaydianna pronounced Kay Diana or KaydeeAHNuh?

Also Alora Rose - no shocker, besides being portrayed is incompetent, which she is not, but it made a good story line, she just does not seem DCC personality and came off like an actress in a job, not like DCC was her reason for life.  I think she got an unfair edit. Sort of like Jackie Bob (forgive me for the comparison to Queen Jackie) being portrayed as struggling in camp. That was manufactured.

Seriously wondering how Charlotte hasn't put her in the triangle for pics alone. I think she can keep up with Rachel. 

You have it correct the second pronunciation. 
kay-dee-ah-nuh 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Nothing wrong with being a savannah as I really liked savannah and glad to see she was able to go on and be an all star 

Yes. She wasn't my fave but I think people need to realize this: A Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader who is considered a blender ... is still a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. Beautiful, classy, intelligent and talented women who are great dancers in their own right, regardless of what I or any other fan thinks of them personally. And yes, that goes the same for those I don't even like. 

Edited by Lona
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, Love 2 C U Smile said:

You have it correct the second pronunciation. 
kay-dee-ah-nuh 

And Kelli gets that right but we still have a dancer named JAY Lynn?

• LOL 7
On 10/2/2021 at 10:09 AM, DCC.Style.fan said:

Is a boot buddy the same thing as a little sis always a rookie paired with a veteran?  I always wondered when they used to have little sis would they continue that throughout the season and how do they make it even so each rook/vet has someone 

It's like sorority big and little sisters. It's honestly so much fun to do in a sorority or cheer/dance team

• Love 2
11 hours ago, allitator said:

Taryn with Kyndall in close second.  I think there shouldn't be cuts on the last night just for the drama because that's not fair to the girls.  If Kelli doesn't know who should be on the squad by then, that's on her, not the girls.

• Love 14

Taylor the race car driver is my vote!  She brought so much personality and spunk to their dances, and had a unique background as a driver in a male dominated sport. She was so Texas, but also a guys gal. She also seemed like she had a really good head on her shoulders. When she got cut, she cried but she didn’t seem devastated - she realized her body wasn’t as flexible as the others, and her kicks weren’t as high but ultimately it was the DCC’s loss! 

Edited by Stee
  • Love 16
12 hours ago, allitator said:

I have maybe 4 or 5 but for me Auto Amy really touched my heart & it still triggers me when I see her cut. I follow her on Insta and she's doing very well in life but oh I wanted her to live her dream!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 23
41 minutes ago, Stee said:

When she got cut, she cried but she didn’t seem devastated - she realized her body wasn’t as flexible as the others, and her kicks weren’t as high but ultimately it was the DCC’s loss! 

Now to me, she seemed entitled. "Nobody should get their dreams crushed." Well, sorry, If that were the case they'd have a squad of 500 (or however many really try out) every year.

This may be unpopular, I thought Vivian should have made it in her 1st TC. I also liked super early season (maybe 1 or 2, I never remember) Victoria.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Now to me, she seemed entitled. "Nobody should get their dreams crushed." Well, sorry, If that were the case they'd have a squad of 500 (or however many really try out) every year.

Taylor was another I wanted to make the squad, but, while I can see how some thought she might be entitled, I didn't see her that way.  I thought her words alluded to the fact that she worked hard and did her best, yet was strung along until they had no more use for her before cutting her.  However, while I found Taylor to be better then most of the other girls in everything but flexibility/kicks, that was something she knew about beforehand and should have been working on before she ever auditioned. 

However, flexibility and kicks haven't kept a girl off the squad before.  Loni Lindsey, McKenzie Lee, and Christina Ricelli ALL had issues with flexibility, kicks or both and they all made the squad so why them and not Taylor, especially when she had all the other things in her favor (save maybe Kelli not liking her appearance as much as the other three)?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, allitator said:

Definitely Auto Amy. She brought so much heart and soul to her efforts, wud have been a great ambassador. I liked Kyndall as well. Her last cut was the worst. I wud have kept her over Jessika, who was such a blender. 

• Love 20

Ok I haven’t posted in forever, and I don’t keep up with the boards anymore, so I don’t know anything. I just stopped in to say that after watching the first 3 episodes, this rookie class is terrible. There’s a bunch of bad fake blonde hair, chunky bellies, poor dancing, and no standouts.

I miss bitchy Kelli and Judy. I understand we live in a whole new world, and the way they spoke about weight and to the girls ten plus years earlier doesn’t fly anymore, but geez. 

Maybe it’s just editing, and they’re not showing the stronger girls. I dunno. But so far, I am completely underwhelmed. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

This may be unpopular, I thought Vivian should have made it in her 1st TC. I also liked super early season (maybe 1 or 2, I never remember) Victoria.

Agreed on both points. I hate to judge the girls when they’re in one of their worst moments because many people aren’t always poised in those circumstances, but they gave her time to get her kicks up, but they were still awful. I could’ve more understood her being upset that they brought her in to training camp or kept her so long, but that doesn’t really go with the “nobody should get their dreams crushed” reasoning. Ultimately, her cut was much more straightforward than most.

I also agree about Vivian her first year in training camp. It’s a shame that she let the attention go to her head by her second year.

I wish they would’ve taken Kyndall. I understood why they didn’t, but I really liked her and hated that she got cut at the very end both years.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, allitator said:

I probably have quite a few, but the Lily cut in season 13 seemed so pathetic to me. I think K&J didn’t know who to cut so they chose the one who was naive enough to buy into their predictable advice of “take more power classes and come back next year.” If they had cut anyone else, they would have risked them not re-auditioning. Lily was someone they were willing to lose, even though she had had zero office visits that season. It was a terrible way to treat someone and ended up being foreboding to Lily’s treatment in future seasons. Season 13 was the year they should have taken 37 (maybe even 38, because I think Dayton could have really shone as a DCC).

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Omg, hard agree. I found her annoying, entitled, and unattractive. I remember a while before she got cut, they pulled her in for an office visit, and she had a little talking head interview before she went in where she said something like, 'Yeah, they're gonna talk about my kicks. Cuz that's the issue!' It came off as, "They're bugging me about these stupid kicks again, and I'm sick of it." You can tell she thought she was gonna walk on the team regardless. It was her second or third time trying out, and she thought it was gonna be a cake walk? You know what it takes...don't act brand new. Tons of people can get the kicks, so if you have a problem with them, bye, lol 

I also agree about Vivian. Every time I see the scene in season 8 where Judy says, "I don't like her here. There's something raunchy about it," I get so annoyed. It comes off as "raunchy" to you because she's not a size 0 blonde. Be more transparent! I think she would've been a perfectly fine DCC.

Edited by vanillagum
  • Love 14
37 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I haven’t posted in forever

This is weird, I was just thinking the other day that we never hear from you anymore. Welcome back!

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I wish they would’ve taken Kyndall. I understood why they didn’t, but I really liked her and hated that she got cut at the very end both years.

I really loved her attitude for her final cut. Like a "oh no, not again" instead of the usual sobbing.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Stee said:

Taylor the race car driver is my vote!  She brought so much personality and spunk to their dances, and had a unique background as a driver in a male dominated sport. She was so Texas, but also a guys gal. She also seemed like she had a really good head on her shoulders. When she got cut, she cried but she didn’t seem devastated - she realized her body wasn’t as flexible as the others, and her kicks weren’t as high but ultimately it was the DCC’s loss! 

But what if she had been through the kick clinic this week?  She had a big fan base in my house esp with the two men!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Opine said:

But what if she had been through the kick clinic this week?  She had a big fan base in my house esp with the two men!

I also wonder if "bbq chicken & broccoli" Brianna would have benefitted from that.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I was never a Kyndall fan...she's really pretty, but she never seemed like a good dancer to me. She was just ok, passable. I CRINGE every time I see that scene where she goes up to K&J while everyone's taking a break and is like, 'Let me dance for you, I'm so much better than everything I've shown so far,' only to dance next to Jacie and do really badly. 

Remember the story about how she supposedly turned down Melissa's help because she didn't want to be one of her 'pet projects?' For a long time, I was like, I can't imagine sweet, quiet Kyndall doing that. But then I remembered that scene and was like, 'Yeah, I think she would...'

She also always appeared scrawny to me. I think she overstayed her welcome both years, honestly. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
24 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I probably have quite a few, but the Lily cut in season 13 seemed so pathetic to me. I think K&J didn’t know who to cut so they chose the one who was naive enough to buy into their predictable advice of “take more power classes and come back next year.”

I'm making 10,000 posts right now but omg I've always thought this exact same thing. They cut the meekest, most replaceable, least remarkable girl who, even though she could hang, wasn't worth as much to K&J as, say, an extreme struggler like Malena or Meredith who appealed to them for a reason other than pure power pom skill. Because they knew she'd internalize whatever criticism they gave her and she'd come back thinking she was so much better than she was the year before, and that this time it would be earned/deserved. 

This isn't belittling Lily, either—I like her a lot. I think she's lovely, just someone who easily drank the 'You need to be better, sorry' koolaid 

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

I was never a Kyndall fan...she's really pretty, but she never seemed like a good dancer to me. She was just ok, passable. I CRINGE every time I see that scene where she goes up to K&J while everyone's taking a break and is like, 'Let me dance for you, I'm so much better than everything I've shown so far,' only to dance next to Jacie and do really badly. 

Remember the story about how she supposedly turned down Melissa's help because she didn't want to be one of her 'pet projects?' For a long time, I was like, I can't imagine sweet, quiet Kyndall doing that. But then I remembered that scene and was like, 'Yeah, I think she would...'

She also always appeared scrawny to me. I think she overstayed her welcome both years, honestly. 

I thought it was said on here that there was more to the story about the “Melissa-Kyndall” thing. I honestly never put much stock into that rumor. 

As for the scene where she danced with Jacie, I cringe too because she didn’t dance well, but I don’t really see it as a negative on her part. I saw it as a go for broke sort of thing. Had she danced well, she may have made it. She didn’t dance well, and the result was the exact same as it would’ve been otherwise - she was cut. I didn’t really any downside in it and didn’t really see it as any different from when her girls beg K&J not to cut them in meetings by promising that they’ll get better when they won’t. Gotta do what you gotta do lol. May work, may not, but why not try.

In general though, I tend to root for the girls with real jobs, so that was one reason that I roofed for Kyndall the first year. I agree that her dancing wasn’t great.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

This is weird, I was just thinking the other day that we never hear from you anymore. Welcome back!

Hi! Here I am, and talking crap no less. 

Hoping I’m just missing something…..  It may just be editing. 🤣

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • LOL 3

From the look of some of the videos and pics I’ve seen of today’s game it looks like a couple of the girls weren’t at the game! 

This link shows a pic of Lexie’s group with 7 girls on the sideline and a blonde again down… believe Tyra (not Elli) is missing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUkwYAMJ_5T/?utm_medium=copy_link

Video is of Rachel’s group and it looks like Kaydinna is missing  

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUk5MFjlaPX/?utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by MegzClarkie
Further pic shows Tyra missing not Elli
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, MegzClarkie said:

From the look of some of the videos and pics I’ve seen of today’s game it looks like a couple of the girls weren’t at the game! 

This link shows a pic of Lexie’s group with 7 girls on the sideline and a blonde again down… believe Elli is missing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUkwYAMJ_5T/?utm_medium=copy_link

Video is of Rachel’s group and it looks like Kaydinna is missing  

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUk5MFjlaPX/?utm_medium=copy_link

Might have been in the bathroom if you go to Jessica’s takeover elli is there 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Elli was for sure there according to her ig story 

I think you are right but there is definitely someone missing from Lexie’s group in this video! 

Edited by MegzClarkie
grammar
7 minutes ago, MegzClarkie said:

I think you are right but there is definitely someone missing from Lexie’s group in this video! 

Yay Marissa! Can't believe how much she grew on me.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Love 2 C U Smile said:

I notice a few people have talked about the mispronunciation of her name but have not heard it myself.  How does Kelli say her name? 

Kelli puts the stress on LYNN when it should be on JAY. The actual Jalyn pronounces it JAY-lynn, Kelli says Jay-LYNN.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3
On 10/2/2021 at 7:56 PM, Holly85 said:

I think Christina will be the next savannah ok dancer to make the team but is a great ambassador with the whole military background 

I don't think anyone will replace Savannah. She was unique. A great ambassador, with a stunning Disney Princess look and not so much a blender that she got a perfect score at auditions and is now a DCC All Star. Christina will go far with DCC but it is unfair to compare her to Savannah other than their military backgrounds. I'm sure Christina will stamp her own unique style on the DCC team.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 10/2/2021 at 5:32 PM, Kate2006 said:

I’m just now watching the episodes. I just had a few thoughts- where is Victoria? She hasn’t been shown AT ALL or did I miss it? I agree about Armani. I noticed right away she looked 10+ pounds heavier than last year. How come she hasn’t been called out? They call out everyone else for weight. It’s weird how they got invited to training camp before anyone has had a conversation with them. Some ladies in the past were cut at finals because their interview panel was so bad.

Victoria is taking a year off 

9 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

I don't think anyone will replace Savannah. She was unique. A great ambassador, with a stunning Disney Princess look and not so much a blender that she got a perfect score at auditions and is now a DCC All Star. Christina will go far with DCC but it is unfair to compare her to Savannah other than their military backgrounds. I'm sure Christina will stamp her own unique style on the DCC team.

I wasn’t saying it in a bad way 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
Just now, tteek74 said:

I was at the game today. There was definitely someone missing from Lexie’s group I believe, but I have no idea who. I could see the space in the quarter change when that group was in front of us. 
I also saw the performance on the little mini field in front of the stadium. (I’m assuming this is the plaza performance) it was that prince song. I love that routine! I was literally a foot away. I didn’t record it. I did get them as they went by, and they are so beautiful and tiny. Judy as well! I didn’t see Kelly, but I was so shocked they came out literally right where I was standing. This was a surprise gift from hubby for anniversary. It was a great game, and I got to see Kleine( whose cute little facials I could see from my nosebleed seats), Lea, Claire (who is absolutely stunning in person), Lexie, Rachel (hubs loves her!)and Gina looks so good and not at all scary skinny. Kristin signed the  National anthem which was really cool.  I did not see Kaydianna or Madeline Salter. Oh, the game was good too. Haha i just wanted to tell my people who would understand how much fangirling I did! 

Madeline was there I saw her on one of the alumni ig story that was at the game today 

• Love 3