Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Touch the Star said:

Ok I was in a TikTok hole and found this on Ava’s TikTok, it went pretty viral in June (3.2 million views). https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMREfRDKp/
If that’s what they’re referring to in the next episode, i don’t think Kelli wants the dcc being associated with pushing a little girl into a swimming pool (even if it’s for a joke or something, I don’t think it’s particularly funny) 

The girl was in on it though, her hair was already wet. And she looks up at Ava like she knows exactly what happens next. They probably did multiple takes to get it right. It is a dumb video, but this seems like it would be fairly harmless in DCC land.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Touch the Star said:

Ok I was in a TikTok hole and found this on Ava’s TikTok, it went pretty viral in June (3.2 million views). https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMREfRDKp/
If that’s what they’re referring to in the next episode, i don’t think Kelli wants the dcc being associated with pushing a little girl into a swimming pool (even if it’s for a joke or something, I don’t think it’s particularly funny) 

With the exception of the push - the video seems harmless... Am I missing something - not sure why it went viral...

who were the other cast members ? siblings/cousins ?

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, sATL said:

With the exception of the push - the video seems harmless... Am I missing something - not sure why it went viral...

who were the other cast members ? siblings/cousins ?

Yeah, I’m not sure why it has that many views either- I don’t get it. No idea who’s in the video either. I don’t see a huge problem with it either but some people might have on first look, she cared enough to turn the comments off. 

We don’t even know if it’s Ava that gets spoken to, I just noticed that it went viral right around (maybe a bit before?) training camp and thought it was worth mentioning

3 hours ago, DCC93 said:

Something about Ava gives me major Chelsea Elizabeth vibes. She seems sweet and all but why do I get this feeling she's a completely different person when the cameras are off and she's not in DCC land? I feel like K&J would say she's toxic in the locker room. Also I figured that one or the one of her dancing to T-Pain (where she's making humping gestures) could be the one K&J talked about, or she deleted it all together. Those are obviously made just for fun, but I could see K&J thinking it's distasteful. She seems to be really into TikTok and going viral... Most likely using DCC as a stepping stone just like Julia. That said, if she matures a little this year I could see her coming back and doing well!

I don’t think she seems sweet at all. There is something about her attitude that I find off-putting. Almost like she thinks the whole process is a joke.

• Love 10
51 minutes ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

I don’t think she seems sweet at all. There is something about her attitude that I find off-putting. Almost like she thinks the whole process is a joke.

I think that's how some people's nerves / awkwardness come across. I thought the same with Emily Roslyn when she was in TC. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I couldn’t see Kelli giving up any power to anyone 

It's possible that she didn't/doesn't have a choice in the matter.

Edited by An Offt
Apostrophes matter.
  • Useful 1
18 hours ago, AprilHdz said:

I was at Sundays game, against the Panthers.

Kristen is one of their favorites in my opinion. She signed the National Anthem in the middle of the field and was shown on the big screen multiole times. 

Rachel W was the cheerleader shown over and over and over and over again on the big screen. Its as if she was the entire squad. Dissapointing being they are all so beautiful and fans should get to see them all.

Gina, amazing dancer. Energy throughtout the entire game but is scary thin. Must be about 100 lbs. 

Kat, not a fan, but I must say she has sex appeal and is stunning. She danced well and expressions were on point. 

Jayln should have been GL over Rachel. She is an amazing dancer. Rachel took to long to chose choreo to dance too, sometimes the song was over by the time she started to dance. Other times choreo would not go with the beat of the songs. 

Hidden gems - Claire, she has an amazing figure. I dare say she is the hottest of them all. She gives Rachel a run for her money. Dani, Madeline (legacy) she looks gorgous in uniform and her expressions are sexy. 

Thanks for the insight on Kat's dancing.  So many people criticize her performance-wise.  It's nice to know she's doing well.

I concur on Claire's figure.  It's nice when a DCC has a butt.  Looks better in the shorts.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Touch the Star said:

Yeah, I’m not sure why it has that many views either- I don’t get it. No idea who’s in the video either. I don’t see a huge problem with it either but some people might have on first look, she cared enough to turn the comments off. 

We don’t even know if it’s Ava that gets spoken to, I just noticed that it went viral right around (maybe a bit before?) training camp and thought it was worth mentioning

I may have misunderstood but I thought it was confirmed to be Ava. On the ‘next time on DCC making the team…’ segment they show her being spoken to about it. 

• Love 3

Ava is young but I love her look and top notch dancing. Hope she comes back next year. I. thought by her Instagram post that she was going to one of the major ballet companies before she tried out.

Ok so I finally got to watch episode 3......stupid Amazon. Anyway came back out of my hole to make a statement on Ava. I straight up get Chelsea season 7 vibes with her. We all saw Kelli or maybe it was Judy say she wasn't doing anything wrong but then Kelli said out loud she was rushing. I am sorry but her and the girl next to her both made me not want to watch. She is great in her own style but I get serious immaturity and mean girl vibes from her. I can't exactly put my finger on it but she really lacks in the I am a serious contender deparment almost as if she expected them to just put her on the team. That whole first episode "is that a good thing" comment from her was just for the cameras. Sorry but I just don't buy the love for her and personally I feel she needs a big ol slice of humble pie. Ok back to my hole I go you may all carry on now.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, TB12 said:

With all due respect unless its going to be earth shattering who cares who the new AD is... 

exactly!! Mic drop🤙🏻🤙🏻

Question... has there been a squad photo released yet?  I was out for illness ans haven't caught back up 🤗🤦🏻‍♀️

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, countrygal said:

Ok so I finally got to watch episode 3......stupid Amazon. Anyway came back out of my hole to make a statement on Ava. I straight up get Chelsea season 7 vibes with her. We all saw Kelli or maybe it was Judy say she wasn't doing anything wrong but then Kelli said out loud she was rushing. I am sorry but her and the girl next to her both made me not want to watch. She is great in her own style but I get serious immaturity and mean girl vibes from her. I can't exactly put my finger on it but she really lacks in the I am a serious contender deparment almost as if she expected them to just put her on the team. That whole first episode "is that a good thing" comment from her was just for the cameras. Sorry but I just don't buy the love for her and personally I feel she needs a big ol slice of humble pie. Ok back to my hole I go you may all carry on now.

I think she’s a wonderful dancer, but her talking heads/office visit have certainly made her look ditzy to me. Like when Kelli showed her the comment that she had made of ”best solo” and Ava asked if that was good. 

She makes me think of a more demure Taylor Lowry. Lovely and talented but just a very young girl maturity-wise. They can’t all be Laceys. 

Edited by allitator
  • Love 5
On 10/5/2021 at 12:38 AM, MeeMee2 said:

Finally got to watch all 3 current episodes just today.( I have Google TV) Thoughts on a couple of the rookies

Amanda H- Cut too soon in my opinion. Not even one of my favorites, but she seemed really coachable and totally fits in with the DCC. She needed more "wow" but I felt like with more time, she could of gotten there. I honestly hopes she comes back. 

Ava- weirded out with the editing choices on her. Ava seems like the type of girl TBTB would usually protect at all cost. Like... make the squad 37  She's pretty, great figure, her kicks are beautiful, and her dance technique is gorgeous.  Makes me think her journey doesn't end well and frankly, TPTB don't want her to come back. It seems like they have a serious issue with her every episode so far. And next week is no different apparently. She just seems young to me.

Kelee - She's so adorable. I was already obsessed with her beautiful dark skin tone especially, in the uniform, before I even saw episode one. To find out that she was dealing with racist comments over her skin, is genuinely heartbreaking to me.  She's a doll and I'm glad she makes it. To hell with the heaters. 

Kylie- she reminds me so much of little "Me too" Taylor in the looks.  But seems bright, charming, and a sweetheart. Needs another year in my opinion to be honest. Seems very "young" But seriously another one I hope comes back next year. 

KayDianna. She has a beautiful and unique look plus the power, but don't see what the fuss is about so far..that phone thing she tried to add to her freestyle was... strange. *Shrug* haven't been impressed so far. We shall see

Kleine-  I REALLY don't see what the fuss is so far.  She has that same goofy personality like Kat. So like Kat, she might grow on me towards the end. Maybe. I don't know.  Judy doesn't seem too keen on her at this point and I'm with Judy!! That's all.  Lol 😆

Rebecca- Love her. Just love her.  She looks like a DCC.  Give her the dang uniform and call it a day. Please and thank you. 

Ashlinn- She's looks great ! I honestly don't think she got any plastic surgery. To me,  it looks like she gain a little bit of weight since last year and changed up her makeup. It looks so much softer than last year.  I remember her looking rail thin the last time she tried out, now she's got some curves. Gutted over her domestic violence story, but so glad they are bringing awareness to these issues. Domestic violence has been on the rise since the pandemic started. I'm sure this hit close to home for a lot of people.

Cailey- She reminds me so much of Jackie Bob. How can I NOT want her to come back lol 

Madeline S- Still looking like she came out of a 1950s glam catalog. I'm glad she had that cute little moment with Even Miller. It made me smile with how over the moon she was. I kinda wished it was Charm who said it. I remember two years ago, it was Charm who said that Madeline S is only a "no" because she's not ready.. but she believes Madeline will come back to training camp and be fire next time. It would of been a nice full circle moment, but I'm glad Madeline is doing well so far. Hopefully we will see more of her. 

Tori- another one I'm soooo wanting to see more of. Holding out hope that we will see more of her during SG audition( My favorite episode of the season)  But what from what we've seen in 3 episodes, girlfriend is coming for her boots..get the hell out of her way. Go! Go Tori!!! 

Kya- Oh boy. I think she was just a victim of her nerves and anxiety. And MRS was not helping her at all. That whole mentoring session was extremely awkward and towards the end MRS seemed like she gave up on Kya. Could be that Kya cut MRS off too many times, when she was speaking. I personally was laughing my butt off. So yea. I hope Kya comes back. XD 

Like it's been said we all have our opinions and that's what makes this place so much fun🤗I'm a HUGE fan of Kleine, Tyra (she's my "just give her the uniform and put her on the field" choice),  Lea, Megan and  Kelee.  The only ones that I don't care for are Madeline S and Rebecca.  The rest I can take or leave.  

• Love 6
On 10/1/2021 at 11:47 PM, Kamal said:

I personally prefer Travis wall's dancing but Evan Miller has a more cheerleader style so point should be Evan Miller. Travis wall can be the point for show group. Haha

I absolutely love Travis Wall and his style but Evan is the Man!!  I could watch him over and over!!  What I would give to have the thrill of performing Evan's choreography ~ and I would W.U.R.K it, lol

• Love 15
On 10/3/2021 at 12:28 PM, TB12 said:

I have maybe 4 or 5 but for me Auto Amy really touched my heart & it still triggers me when I see her cut. I follow her on Insta and she's doing very well in life but oh I wanted her to live her dream!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I really wanted Auto Amy to make it.  It still hurts my heart to watch her cut. She was precious. 

And believe it or not, this may be an unpopular vote, but I really wanted Vivian to make it -Even the 2nd TCC. The "infamous" letter was just filled with all of her insecurities and paranoias about not fitting in though. It was a tragic and humiliating way to go down.   I think she was in total awe of herself that she became that beautiful of a young lady- but still unable to accept that she really had grown into such a beauty...............which is why she couldn't get away from the mirror.   She always seemed so awkward around the other TCC- I'm sure alot of her went a long way, but there was just something about her that seemed lonely.    The girl could dance though ~ she definitely had power.  Unfortunately, she "stayed in her head".  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

The only ones that I don't care for are Madeline S and Rebecca.

I still don't know enough about Rebecca but I'm with you on the Madeline S. train. Actually I don't mind her - but I just don't understand the hype. I appreciated her maturity and the contrast to Victoria the first time around. This time I was looking for a newer hard hitting dance style, but I still think she's missing that pop. Her facials have improved but I don't get all the "Madeline's killing it" stuff.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, KoKo said:

Yes, I really wanted Auto Amy to make it.  It still hurts my heart to watch her cut. She was precious. 

And believe it or not, this may be an unpopular vote, but I really wanted Vivian to make it -Even the 2nd TCC. The "infamous" letter was just filled with all of her insecurities and paranoias about not fitting in though. It was a tragic and humiliating way to go down.   I think she was in total awe of herself that she became that beautiful of a young lady- but still unable to accept that she really had grown into such a beauty...............which is why she couldn't get away from the mirror.   She always seemed so awkward around the other TCC- I'm sure alot of her went a long way, but there was just something about her that seemed lonely.    The girl could dance though ~ she definitely had power.  Unfortunately, she "stayed in her head".  

Yes. I think about Amy often. Her story touched me as I also come from an metro area of where those , mostly from a prior generations, worked in the factories (auto, auto parts, machinery, etc ) and due to circumstances maybe didn't get the opportunity or courage to fulfill their dreams. It was comforting to know she left  and that she was able to get a job there so young. 5 years of trying out  and got better... I couldn't belive she couldn't get better if she was a DCC.

Vivian I thought would be good for diversity - esp in the TX area, as well as I thought she was a good dancer -except for her little errors. Looking in the mirror too much didn't bother me, as long as she kept up with the rest of the TCCs. She managed to loose weight in her thighs - which I haven't been so luckily, so that worth a gold star in my book. Plus I agree with a post from a while ago - if the boots are custom, surely they can do something when someone's leg is proportionally shorter.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, mizzhyer said:
On 9/18/2021 at 3:15 PM, Trulyadorkable said:

The new and improved Madeline S. from episode 1.

Resized_Screenshot_20210918-133223_Messages.jpeg

Nope... sorry I just can't get on board with her.  

7 hours ago, mizzhyer said:
On 9/18/2021 at 4:36 PM, Trulyadorkable said:

Indeed she does. I believe she would be the prettiest legacy to date.

That is Meredith Oden imo 🤗

Umm... @mizzhyer ...are you ME???

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, KoKo said:

Evan is the Man!! 

I wish he'd pass some of that super kind energy on to me. Is that man EVER negative about anything?? What a sweetie.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, sATL said:

I agree with a post from a while ago - if the boots are custom, surely they can do something when someone's leg is proportionally shorter.

Or they could wear shorter boots like the Rangerettes wear. I think they're more flattering anyway.

image.thumb.png.e34ccebde16ba778fe6aff4949283f67.png

• Love 8
3 hours ago, sATL said:

Plus I agree with a post from a while ago - if the boots are custom, surely they can do something when someone's leg is proportionally shorter.

I don't think the boots are all that custom besides their Boots for a Cause. You can get the boots on the Lucchese website IIRC

• Love 5
11 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

exactly!! Mic drop🤙🏻🤙🏻

Question... has there been a squad photo released yet?  I was out for illness ans haven't caught back up 🤗🤦🏻‍♀️

No squad photo yet. Just this roster from Meet the Team.

Screenshot_2021-10-06-21-05-59-1.png

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I appreciated her maturity and the contrast to Victoria the first time around.

Yeah. I get the feeling that’s what fuels most of the hype 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
32 minutes ago, Lona said:

How is Victoria doing?  Is she still dancing?  Or involved with that guy?  What are the chances she really does return?  Loved her exuberance!  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, sATL said:

Plus I agree with a post from a while ago - if the boots are custom, surely they can do something when someone's leg is proportionally shorter.

I'm not sure they can customize the height of the boot though - because they want the boots to line up measuring from the ground up. When all the girls are standing together it would look funny to have some boots higher and lower than others. Yes it would be more flattering to customize to the individual girls legs but in this case the boot height uniformity seems necessary for a dance team. I think (not sure).

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Lona said:

Well then she needs to prove herself.

(I'm also not on the hype)

Sorry but without her legacy background she's one of the most bland rookies.

Edited by Kamal
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Kamal said:

I just think she’s beautiful, and her attitude and personality really elevate the team from an ambassador standpoint. I’m very glad she made it this year. 

I will say that my favorite rookie (definitely unexpected) is Lea! She’s adorable and seems perfect in the DCC style of dance. 

• Love 16
54 minutes ago, allitator said:

I just think she’s beautiful, and her attitude and personality really elevate the team from an ambassador standpoint. I’m very glad she made it this year. 

I will say that my favorite rookie (definitely unexpected) is Lea! She’s adorable and seems perfect in the DCC style of dance. 

I'm gonna add Kelee to the favorite rookie list.... she seems so sweet...I just wanted to hug her during her confessional.  Plus she can dance and kick her butt off.

• Love 24
9 hours ago, Kamal said:

I was excited that Madeline S. got to return to TC this year, and I am so glad she makes the team. It is probably out of season 14 loyalty though, I am not sure I would have liked her as well had she been a brand new recruit. She does have a bit of the "Lily" effect this season, she's so scared of not being perfect that she comes off a bit bland and blending in with the wallpaper. Also, a bit frail. The uniform fits better with a nice balance of toned curves, and she is on the super skinny end.  I would like to see some more footage that shows off the new and improved Madeline, like we saw of Erin when she returned and made it in season 13. Also, why have they not mentioned yet that she is a Legacy? Whats the deal?

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I was excited that Madeline S. got to return to TC this year, and I am so glad she makes the team. It is probably out of season 14 loyalty though, I am not sure I would have liked her as well had she been a brand new recruit. She does have a bit of the "Lily" effect this season, she's so scared of not being perfect that she comes off a bit bland and blending in with the wallpaper. Also, a bit frail. The uniform fits better with a nice balance of toned curves, and she is on the super skinny end.  I would like to see some more footage that shows off the new and improved Madeline, like we saw of Erin when she returned and made it in season 13. Also, why have they not mentioned yet that she is a Legacy? Whats the deal?

Didn't she say she wouldn't consider herself as a legacy unless she made the team? I thought that was very mature of her, showing that she is willing to work for it. 

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Didn't she say she wouldn't consider herself as a legacy unless she made the team? I thought that was very mature of her, showing that she is willing to work for it. 

She did, but that wouldn't stop TPTB from mentioning it if they really wanted to (maybe Kelli "forgot" about her mother being a DCC again & Madeline didn't mention it this time😂).

Really, though, either Madeline asked not to be featured (and they honoured it) or she didn't give them enough (didn't "struggle" or "excel" enough, no sob story, her mom declined an interview, whatever) for them to bother making a story about her -- they had better footage of others.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

They have too many rookies to be working every storyline. I don’t know why they added the parents commentary (only stating for the sake of time since there’s not that many episodes and so many rookies). I feel like I’m watching a teen dance competition than an professional NFL team show.  

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I heard that her "humility" was all for show. Not a fan.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Same here! I liked that Madeline S's status as a legacy wasn't being shoved down our throats like Victoria's was. During both of Victoria's rookie years in TC, Tina Kalina was being talked about so often it felt like she was in TC as well. Between Kelli and Victoria, it was "my mom this" or "my best friend Tina that" in most scenes where Victoria was being discussed. They also made sure to show her at certain events like the fashion show & Meet the Team night. There was even a bit one season where, after they released some girls from TC, Kelli started going on about "when my best friend Tina didn't make the team and I did". I always felt there was no need for the name drop. She could have easily just said, "Both Judy and I were on this team for years so we know what it's like to have to say goodbye to beloved teammates" and left it at that. If it was me, I'd rather get into the team on my own merits and not because of my mother's expectations or to fulfill the dreams of my mom's best friend to have a daughter on the squad (and yes I know Kelli has her own daughter, but her daughter never joined the squad).

• Love 9
6 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I was excited that Madeline S. got to return to TC this year, and I am so glad she makes the team. It is probably out of season 14 loyalty though, I am not sure I would have liked her as well had she been a brand new recruit. She does have a bit of the "Lily" effect this season, she's so scared of not being perfect that she comes off a bit bland and blending in with the wallpaper. Also, a bit frail. The uniform fits better with a nice balance of toned curves, and she is on the super skinny end.

Agreed. I think she is absolutely beautiful, but I was expecting/hoping her to be a little more filled out two years later (because I was a fan). Ugh, this sounds so gross to say, sorry. I wish I were that thin! Just in regards to the uniform, it doesn't do it as much justice. Not trying to be weird or shame, promise! But she has a body like a teenager/model, like Brianna (or Jada, whom I'm not a fan of at all). I think it made more sense when DCC had more of a womanly? aesthetic. Like, back in the day, the cheerleaders were still thin, but they were curvier and had more of a general mid-to-late-twenties vibe...idk. Yes, I know Madeline is like 23. But that aside. She seems just as thin as she was two years ago

Also, half-related...this is gonna make me sound like an old geezer (I'm a 25-yo woman lol), but it makes me uncomfortable to see girls 18-20 like Ava trying out for this...to dance in front of a bunch of middle-aged men in a skimpy uniform. Go live some life first, you know?  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, vanillagum said:

Also, half-related...this is gonna make me sound like an old geezer (I'm a 25-yo woman lol), but it makes me uncomfortable to see girls 18-20 like Ava trying out for this...to dance in front of a bunch of middle-aged men in a skimpy uniform. Go live some life first, you know?  

They are dancers with dreams so even if they weren't trying out for the NFL they would be dancing at college football games or dance competitions, maybe competing in pageants. Even if they didn't choose DCC they wouldn't have chosen to live a "normal" teenage life. 

(I'm a "normal" 22 year old in Uni)

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Kamal said:

They are dancers with dreams so even if they weren't trying out for the NFL they would be dancing at college football games or dance competitions, maybe competing in pageants. Even if they didn't choose DCC they wouldn't have chosen to live a "normal" teenage life. 

(I'm a "normal" 22 year old in Uni)

Those things, to me, are different than what I described DCC as being, but agree to disagree 

• Love 5