Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

Jessica (S15 rookie) was also an emerald belle

6 hours ago, ClassicPegg said:

Robin (Sn 10) is a sophomore in this video--you can see her at 20:04.  Current DCC Amber M is a freshman "hopeful" (spoiler: of course she makes it!) and you can see her at 17:20.

Why doesn't MTT showcase this? So much interesting than sob stories.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Kamal said:

Why doesn't MTT showcase this? So much interesting than sob stories.

Because we all know that that marketing Kelli love love love love LOVES a sob story over something we prefer.

2 episode in and I’m not liking the fact they didn’t even include prelims this year at all. Does anyone know how many episodes it is this year?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Because we all know that that marketing Kelli love love love love LOVES a sob story over something we prefer.

2 episode in and I’m not liking the fact they didn’t even include prelims this year at all. Does anyone know how many episodes it is this year?

think there are 10

22 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

I highly recommend watching this short movie about the Rangerettes! I’m not from Texas so it really helped me understand the difference between a drill team and a dance team: 

Prime Video has it for free in higher quality I believe if you have that.

I was actually pumped to see a qualified person come in to teach kick line! Looking forward to seeing the full segment tomorrow. 

Thank you!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Thank you!

I didn't mean to quote just the words Thank you,  but the whole original post including the link. I watched the Sweethearts of the Gridiron a long time ago and thought it was cool. There are so many DCC that were Rangerettes it would take a lot of space to list them all.  They produce amazing kickers for sure.  The ones I can think of are Emma (red head) Robin, Amber, Amelia, Rachel (lunsford maiden name) Megan Fox, Christina Murphy, Meredith Oden and her mom were both Rangerettes and DCC and there are more. These teams are quite a big deal in Texas.  Thank you to the one who originally posted it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

I didn't mean to quote just the words Thank you,  but the whole original post including the link. I watched the Sweethearts of the Gridiron a long time ago and thought it was cool. There are so many DCC that were Rangerettes it would take a lot of space to list them all.  They produce amazing kickers for sure.  The ones I can think of are Emma (red head) Robin, Amber, Amelia, Rachel (lunsford maiden name) Megan Fox, Christina Murphy, Meredith Oden and her mom were both Rangerettes and DCC and there are more. These teams are quite a big deal in Texas.  Thank you to the one who originally posted it. 

The one former rangerette that I really liked and wish for in was Lauren Gibbler. Believe fought for her but as we know what she would like she doesn’t “completely” get her way at all. 

• Love 3
On 9/30/2021 at 2:43 PM, DCC-UK said:

I can't believe how inflexible some of the rookie candidates especially are! I know you can't practise the jump split if you've never done it before but these stretches should be done multiple times a day if they're serious! Doing this and the kickline daily should be high priority on any potential rookie's list.

I've been saying the same thing for years. Everyone knows that the kicks & jump split are requirements so it's not like people can claim ignorance for not being prepared. Now I do get that its can be harder for people who are not naturally flexible or who have had injuries, but if you have been dancing for years and have been working towards auditioning for the cheerleaders, high kicks & splits should be at the top of your list on what to master.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Uk-Eve said:

The one former rangerette that I really liked and wish for in was Lauren Gibbler. Believe fought for her but as we know what she would like she doesn’t “completely” get her way at all. 

I wanted Lauren it make it too. Glad she was able to do 6 years with the Mavs Dancers. She's married now with a 1 yr old daughter.

Another former Rangerette is  Miranda Burns /Parker. She's the blonde who auditioned several times and never made it to TC. She was also friends with Natalie and auditioned with her in season 1.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Trulyadorkable said:

I learned only one thing from tonight's episode, and that was, Evan Miller needs to be point. Get that man fitted for a uniform...

He will have to fight Travis wall for that spot like Travis said whoever that person is he will push them over lol 

• LOL 10
  • Love 8
47 minutes ago, Holly85 said:
1 hour ago, Trulyadorkable said:

I learned only one thing from tonight's episode, and that was, Evan Miller needs to be point. Get that man fitted for a uniform...

He will have to fight Travis wall for that spot like Travis said whoever that person is he will push them over lol 

I personally prefer Travis wall's dancing but Evan Miller has a more cheerleader style so point should be Evan Miller. Travis wall can be the point for show group. Haha

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
9 minutes ago, Kamal said:

I personally prefer Travis wall's dancing but Evan Miller has a more cheerleader style so point should be Evan Miller. Travis wall can be the point for show group. Haha

That works lol 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, ClassicPegg said:

Kelee is the 33rd Rangerette to become a DCC... (color code is for how many years they were/are on the team.)

Rgts to DCC.jpg

I did not know that about Amber and Robin. Hmmmm interesting! 

• Love 3
On 8/29/2021 at 2:40 AM, Kitty Sharter said:

Daphne was Meredith's boot buddy.  Christina R was also in that family.

Do we know where the current rookies have landed within Boot Buddy families? 

• Lexie - Madeline M - Claire W - Tyra
  • Gina - Amanda - Dani KayDianna
  • Tess - Erin - Jessica - Rebecca
  • Alexis - Taylor - (Marissa) Kleine
  • Molly - Jalyn - (McKenzie) - Jensen
  • Miranda - Caroline - Taylor P (Kelcey) Ashlinn 
  • Amber M - Lisa
  • Ashlee - Armani 
  • Rachel - Kristin
  • Brianna - Chandi - Darian 
  • Cici - Elli
  • Maddie - HannahAlanna - Kat - Jada
  • Heather O Bridget - (Kelcey) 
  • Amy L Lily - (McKenzie)
  • Brennan - Victoria - (Marissa)

IDK why I even care, but I like learning about the DCC traditions and like to keep track of the Boot Buddy families.  I updated above with some of this year's rookies. Cut TCC Melanie was with Caroline, Ashley was with Armani, and Jordann was with Darian. I'm still trying to place Amber L, Christina, Kelee, Lea, Madeline S, Megan, and Tori. Does anyone know which families they're in?

Also each home game has a Gameday Girl, Sideline Sweetheart, Social Sweetheart, and Abbey Bear recipient.. can anyone fill in the rest of the blanks?

• Game 1 HOUvsDAL:
    • GG: Gina
    • Sideline: Armani
    • Social: Dani
    • Abbey Bear: Cici -> Dani
  • Game 2 JAXvsDAL:
    • GG: Lexie
    • Sideline: Rachel 
    • Social: Taylor 
    • Abbey Bear: Dani -> ---------
  • Game 3 PHIvsDAL: 
    • GG: Amber M
    • Sideline: Claire
    • Social: Madeline M
    • Abbey Bear: ---------- -> ----------
  • Game 4 CARvsDAL: 
    • GG: Ashlee
    • Sideline: Marissa
    • Social: Kelcey
Edited by Kitty Sharter
Updated
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, Kitty Sharter said:

IDK why I even care, but I like learning about the DCC traditions and like to keep track of the Boot Buddy families.  I updated above with some of this year's rookies. Cut TCC Melanie was with Caroline, Ashley was with Armani, and Jordann was with Darian.I'm still trying to place Amber L, Christina, Jensen, Kelee, Lea, Madeline S, Megan, and Tori. Does anyone know which families they're in?

Also each home game has a Gameday Girl, Sideline Sweetheart, Social Sweetheart, and Abbey Bear recipient.. can anyone fill in the rest of the blanks?

• Game 1 HOUvsDAL:
  • Game 2 JAXvsDAL:
    • Sideline: ----------
  • Game 3 PHIvsDAL: 
    • GG: Amber L

Boot buddies kelcey Caroline have ashlinn and cut tcc Melanie 

in the back ground looks like jayln and McKenzie with Jensen 

Also Marissa  is boot buddies with Taylor j this season 

65353CB7-991F-46DC-8AA4-95D0E3513FA9.jpeg

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Lona said:

I did not know that about Amber and Robin. Hmmmm interesting! 

Robin is in the video that was posted - a lot. I didn’t realise how strict it was I thought it made DCC look a little less strict but they earn SO much respect and have a lot of that after watching the YouTube link. Kelli also makes a brief appearance commenting on the rangerettes. 

now I’m off to try and watch last nights episode 😂

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kitty Sharter said:

IDK why I even care, but I like learning about the DCC traditions and like to keep track of the Boot Buddy families.  I updated above with some of this year's rookies. Cut TCC Melanie was with Caroline, Ashley was with Armani, and Jordann was with Darian.I'm still trying to place Amber L, Christina, Jensen, Kelee, Lea, Madeline S, Megan, and Tori. Does anyone know which families they're in?

• Game 1 HOUvsDAL:
  • Game 2 JAXvsDAL:
  • Game 3 PHIvsDAL: 

Game 2 Sideline: I'm assuming it was Rachel. This screenshot was from the 2nd game... It doesn't list "Sideline Sweetheart"-- but I've never been to a game so I'm not sure if they ever highlight  anyone other than GDG & SS(?) 

I **think** Dani gave Abbey to Taylor.  I remember having a screenshot of it but, naturally, I can't find it right now. I'll keep digging.  I didn't see anything about Taylor passing it on... (or any other DCC, for that matter.)  If it was Taylor, she could've given it to a rookie & they certainly wouldn't spoil who was a rookie.

poss 2nd sideline swthrt is Rachel.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, ClassicPegg said:

Kelee is the 33rd Rangerette to become a DCC... (color code is for how many years they were/are on the team.)

Rgts to DCC.jpg

This is awesome Thanks for posting.  Its cool to see.  I remember when those triplets from season 3 auditioned and they showed a picture of them featured on a magazine as Rangerettes together.   Many Rangerettes almost made it.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Kitty Sharter said:

• Game 1 HOUvsDAL:
  • Game 2 JAXvsDAL:
  • Game 3 PHIvsDAL: 

Is a boot buddy the same thing as a little sis always a rookie paired with a veteran?  I always wondered when they used to have little sis would they continue that throughout the season and how do they make it even so each rook/vet has someone 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Spunkyyy said:

At what point in training camp did Amanda leave? I think I saw her on in the kick line segment but not in the one with Evan? 

I think it was Lemonbus that told us 2 vets left for 2 "different reasons." The other vet ended up being Daphne with her injury. So it's somewhere around this point of the show.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

I think it would be cool to see a list also, of all the DCC who were Jr DCC. The only ones I know of because they mentioned it are:   Jennifer A.  Deanna (featured in 2 hr special), Cersten, and Caila.

Wasn't Victoria a Jr DCC?

• Love 2
14 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I wanted Lauren it make it too. Glad she was able to do 6 years with the Mavs Dancers. She's married now with a 1 yr old daughter.

Another former Rangerette is  Miranda Burns /Parker. She's the blonde who auditioned several times and never made it to TC. She was also friends with Natalie and auditioned with her in season 1.  

I think Kyndall was a Rangerette too. I recall she and Jessika danced together, auditioned together and lived together. I wanted her to make it so bad!

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 9/30/2021 at 5:37 PM, h2ogirl said:

This was great! Why delete this, jeez. And when they said "thank you, Jalyn!" at the end, they pronounced her name correctly. Stunning.  :) 

I have a name people pronounce incorrectly all the time. It gets to the point you just ignore it, but if it’s someone like YOUR BOSS, that is extremely disrespectful.

obviously she really cares for all the girls. 🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, TB12 said:

I think Kyndall was a Rangerette too. I recall she and Jessika danced together, auditioned together and lived together. I wanted her to make it so bad!

Jessika was a Texas state strutter 

• Useful 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Spunkyyy said:

At what point in training camp did Amanda leave? I think I saw her on in the kick line segment but not in the one with Evan? 

I snapped a pic of the entire group for Evan and she was not there.  There were 25 in blue, and Alora and Lisa were present.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

I snapped a pic of the entire group for Evan and she was not there.  There were 25 in blue, and Alora and Lisa were present.

So she left sometime during that week 

• Useful 2
On 9/30/2021 at 4:40 PM, dccfan204 said:

What’s the deal with Melanie? Why was she cut hmmm 

Yeah, Mel seems great. Just like Kelli wants her bouquet of hair colors, I think she wants a range in heights for the perfect kick line. Shorter vets Amber, Lisa, and Ashlee were unlikely to get cut and maybe Kelli had a certain max quota in mind of shorties. I don't think this is the exact reason Mel gets cut, but I do think height quotas factor in there somewhere in Kelli's mind for her perfect roster selection.

Most of these TCC seem so good though, it's almost splitting hairs to determine who to keep, who to cut. I think MTT shows us the footage of the story they want us to buy - only the messy footage of the TCCs that got cut, even though they may had been stellar at times. Long gone are the days of clueless recruits - the training camp candidates these days come completely prepared and field ready.

Edited by StellaCL
spelling
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Yeah, Mel seems great. Just like Kelli wants her bouquet of hair colors, I think she wants a range in heights for the perfect kick line. Shorter vets Amber, Lisa, and Ashlee were unlikely to get cut and maybe Kelli had a certain max quota in mind of shorties. I don't think this is the exact reason Mel gets cut, but I do think height quotas factor in there somewhere in Kelli's mind for her perfect roster selection.

Most of these TCC seem so good though, it's almost splitting hairs to determine who to keep, who to cut. I think MTT shows us the footage of the story they want us to buy - only the messy footage of the TCCs that got cut, even though they may had been stellar at times. Long gone are the days of clueless recruits - the training camp candidates these days come completely prepared and field ready.

I would've rather seen Melanie over Christina, Lea, Megan, Rebecca, etc

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Rebecca

Rebecca reminds me SO much of Alora Rose. Someone way more NYC/big city than the rest of the girls and whose dance style is very much NOT professional cheerleading, but who's kind of 'slumming it' (obviously an exaggeration, don't bite me) until they can find something more appealing and closer to their actual dream job. Obviously I know almost nothing about her and can't know her true motivations and feelings, but this is just the vibe I get

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Kamal said:

Haha it's like Lacey vs. Kashara.  Lacey is so technically gifted but Kashara has that extra pop and sparkle.  Lacey for head of show group, Kash for the triangle.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
37 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Same!

22 minutes ago, vanillagum said:
37 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Rebecca

Rebecca reminds me SO much of Alora Rose.

And again..same!

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I might have fallen asleep, but I was wondering, has there been any mention of Victoria not being here this year? And, is it just me, or have they NOT shown much of Kat dancing at all this year?

No mention of Victoria as she didn’t come to training camp I’ve also noticed it abt Kat 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dccfan204 said:

Footage is certainly scarce on Megan, Rebecca, Jensen, etc. I feel like MTT always does this, and we the fans never see how or why certain TCC make the team. 

Christina must improve dramatically to make it this season? Or is it that others mess up in a way that Kelli is no longer enamored so a few blenders slide in? I like Christina fine, the whole "parents are vets, I want to work with vets" angle certainly was played up, as we know this is a weakspot of Kelli's. She can't go a season without mentioning "our veterans" or "USO tours." 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, StellaCL said:

Footage is certainly scarce on Megan, Rebecca, Jensen, etc. I feel like MTT always does this, and we the fans never see how or why certain TCC make the team. 

Christina must improve dramatically to make it this season? Or is it that others mess up in a way that Kelli is no longer enamored so a few blenders slide in? I like Christina fine, the whole "parents are vets, I want to work with vets" angle certainly was played up, as we know this is a weakspot of Kelli's. She can't go a season without mentioning "our veterans" or "USO tours." 

I think Christina will be the next savannah ok dancer to make the team but is a great ambassador with the whole military background 

• Useful 5
  • Love 5