Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Yes I have to honestly agree with you.  Perhaps hip hop by a DCC just isn't my cup of tea and I've been unfair critiquing Maddie's style of it.  Because I didn't care for that other girl's either.  

She was a great "what do you think of me now" TCC and did really well during her tenure.  Never heard anything she said or did to put DCC in a bad light.  She was a great representative of the brand.  I hope she has a very happy life in her retirement.  Frankly, I would have never returned had Neil McCoy said that about my "look."  I wonder if he ever said anything to her about it (like an apology).

I fully agree with almost all you said apart from the bit where you called her a great representative of the brand. She was a great DCC with a lot of spunk. She was unique, which I liked about her.But a great representative? Just plain...No!

A representative can represent a brand, which includes interacting, being a good leader and being able to speak. Maddie could look very awkward and uncomfortable when she was addressed or received praise. 

Where JennK and Kashare were natural speakers, Maddie always seemed at a loss for words, frightened even to speak up. I highly doubt she would have been able to speak on behalf of the entire team with guests or when out and about as a team like Kashara and Jenn could.Even as a group leader she seemed to fail when speaking to Kelli and Judy about her group. That scene where the four group leaders came in to talk about their rookies still makes me cringe when she couldn't put into words why Brennan should make the team. Kash stepped in and saved the day there, but it was Maddie's job to represent the girls in her group.

Edited by LilyD
spelling
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

100%.  I was wincing throughout every scene Daphne was in.  I understand it's heartbreaking to have to let go of a dream but she wasn't being realistic.  She's not even 25-years old and her knees are destroyed.  I feel bad for her but trying to push through training camp did not seem like a wise choice at all.

I personally think they should eliminate the jump split and go back to the fan split.  The jump split is just too dangerous.  I also think the leg lift and hair flip is stupid.  I think the fan split is prettier than both the leg lift and jump split.

ETA: Fan split (I don't know what it is actually called) at 2:45

With the talent and precision they have today, this could be a very visually appealing element and certainly a lot more safe.

Also, justice for the dip front shorts!

Thanks for sharing this video! Wow you are right that the fan split is really pretty. I wouldn't mind seeing that brought back over the jump split if it meant saving the girls from possible injuries.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I do think that during the auditions, or on videos, there should be a requirement to have high kicks, and do a split easily, or they shouldn't even consider that person for a tryout.

I totally agree and I think Judy even brought it up once on the show. I don't recall when, but I believe it was back in their valley ranch days (just before the Star was completed) where Kelli & Judy had just released a girl from TC who they liked, but had low kicks and after the girl left the room Judy said something like "we really shouldn't take them into training camp if they can't kick high at the start". I think it was also brought up one year during auditions where one of the guest judges said something about not letting girls into TC if their kicks weren't high enough. So clearly there has been talk about that, but a lack of consistency in enforcing it. Sometimes I believe the reason they overlook it is if the girl is a strong dancer or they really like her and they hope she will improve during TC. Other times I wonder if they keep them because otherwise they would not have enough candidates in TC if they kept out all the low kickers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, Jennv said:

That solo was really blah, just a lot of walking around and posing. Honestly, it looked like something I could do, and I couldn't dance my way out of a paper bag

in the words of kelli watching jasmine's season 10 solo, what the hell is this?

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Branmuffin said:

https://fb.watch/89PHQXppYK/
also they posted rookie TCC Amanda’s audition video on Facebook 

I thought Amanda's audition video checked all the boxes they talk about - technique, power, showmanship, DCC look in makeup and hair. I have seen other clips of her on Jenn Amburn's Instagram and if I had to pick one from the crowd, she stands out and looks like the most DCC ready. I wonder why the cut? And will she return? 🤔

Also - random note, but rookie Amanda looks like to me a face mash up between Jalyn and McKenzie. She has the petite features and eyeliner of Jalyn but McKenzie's blonde wavy hair. Did she look too much like McKenzie for this season, maybe?

I can't unsee it now.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I thought Amanda's audition video checked all the boxes they talk about - technique, power, showmanship, DCC look in makeup and hair. I have seen other clips of her on Jenn Amburn's Instagram and if I had to pick one from the crowd, she stands out and looks like the most DCC ready. I wonder why the cut? And will she return? 🤔

Also - random note, but rookie Amanda looks like to me a face mash up between Jalyn and McKenzie. She has the petite features and eyeliner of Jalyn but McKenzie's blonde wavy hair. Did she look too much like McKenzie for this season, maybe?

I can't unsee it now.

And she was one of the first cut to 

• Useful 6
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

I fully agree with almost all you said apart from the bit where you called her a great representative of the brand. She was a great DCC with a lot of spunk. She was unique, which I liked about her.But a great representative? Just plain...No!

A representative can represent a brand, which includes interacting, being a good leader and being able to speak. Maddie could look very awkward and uncomfortable when she was addressed or received praise. 

Where JennK and Kashare were natural speakers, Maddie always seemed at a loss for words, frightened even to speak up. I highly doubt she would have been able to speak on behalf of the entire team with guests or when out and about as a team like Kashara and Jenn could.Even as a group leader she seemed to fail when speaking to Kelli and Judy about her group. That scene where the four group leaders came in to talk about their rookies still makes me cringe when she couldn't put into words why Brennan should make the team. Kash stepped in and saved the day there, but it was Maddie's job to represent the girls in her group.

Oh my gosh i forgot all about her problem in that department  And you are exactly correct!  Thanks for making me remember that.  Because now it is back in the ole memory banks.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, erikaelvis said:

Gina posted this on IG. Seems as though she is getting Erica’d. No mention of her.  No glimpse of her solo but she was there. 

9F028FBA-029E-436B-818F-3635ABBC2A07.jpeg

I wonder if it was a weight/body issue and she Mandied out of there. She’s clearly not heavy but maybe just a little more filled out and matured which naturally happens in your 20s. I really didn’t finish filling out until I was 25.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, DCC93 said:

Look what IIII foundddd :)

An observation: In the beginning you can see that Kaydianna dances with her chin down to her chest. If she lifted it up, her dancing/confidence would look completely different.

The little kelee girl behind Gina is a little firecracker 

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, DCC93 said:

Observations:

- In the beginning you can see that Kaydianna dances with her chin down to her chest. If she lifted it up, her dancing/confidence would look completely different.

- Idc how Lea looks in photos, she is precious. Her dancing is great, and she looks great out there as well.

- Claire is for sure going to be point in 2 years.

- Kelee. I love u ur so cute.

Ashlinn seems to have the look down problem a little too. Kelee and Lea are both really good at drawing the eye. Great additions to the team!

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 11
56 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Ashlinn seems to have the look down problem a little too. Kelee and Lea are both really good at drawing the eye. Great additions to the team!

Totally! I really enjoyed watching the rookies more. Couldn’t really see Lea, cuz Gina was in the way 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, bernie2018 said:

Totally! I really enjoyed watching the rookies more. Couldn’t really see Lea, cuz Gina was in the way 🤷🏻‍♂️

There will be plenty of time to see her this season but damn Gina was rocking it!

• Love 17
8 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

I totally agree and I think Judy even brought it up once on the show. I don't recall when, but I believe it was back in their valley ranch days (just before the Star was completed) where Kelli & Judy had just released a girl from TC who they liked, but had low kicks and after the girl left the room Judy said something like "we really shouldn't take them into training camp if they can't kick high at the start". I think it was also brought up one year during auditions where one of the guest judges said something about not letting girls into TC if their kicks weren't high enough. So clearly there has been talk about that, but a lack of consistency in enforcing it. Sometimes I believe the reason they overlook it is if the girl is a strong dancer or they really like her and they hope she will improve during TC. Other times I wonder if they keep them because otherwise they would not have enough candidates in TC if they kept out all the low kickers.

I feel that it may have a tiny bit to do with how MacKenzie Lee (Season 6) developed. Her kicks were super low and she was super short, but so pretty that they didn't want to cut her and kept her to see if her kicks could somehow improve because she was good at literally everything else. And they did improve. Sometimes a girl can get better over time, so that may have something to do with why they take them on anyway. Some girls don't get that same grace extended to them, though, because they may not be as glamorous, or may have other deficiencies, like trouble with choreo/memory retention, etc.

However, we all know TPTB aren't always consistent with their decisions of who they give a chance to and why.

• Love 13
On 9/18/2021 at 5:01 AM, Branmuffin said:

Heather was waaayyy better than Amy as choice for point, in my opinion.

I have to agree and I’ve been a long time defender of Amy because she seems like a friendly team mate and like a genuinely lovely person. unlike others I personally don’t find her dancing boring, I think she is cute, bubbly and technically strong. However I agree she lacks that extra quality point requires and believe her dance training and tenure was the reason she was picked for point. I think Heather had more spunk and was just as talented. Any combo of Maddie, Heather or Gina I reckon could’ve shared point. 

• Love 7

I wish more girls would post their solos they are my favourite part of the audition process! I’m in Australia so hard to find full episodes until the season is complete  it’s good to get a glimpse through Instagram. My unsolicited thoughts on solos (as a person with limited knowledge on dance) lol 

-loved Dani’s, the musicality (I think that’s the word? when the moves/overall vibe match the music really nicely), the spunk & sass, her effortless technique. She looks totally at home doing a solo to me. 

-Jalyn’s is my other fave, really fun to watch nice mix of technique and power. She’s such a good performer I loved the high energy and thought the costume added to the vibrancy. I haven’t seen much of Jalyn since her rookie year so was great to see her come out strong.

-I liked that Ellie’s was hip hop, something different. I can see what others mean about it being a bit clunky, but it was fun watching a different genre. 

-Jessica’s was fun with some cool tricks but I can’t help but think her limbs sometimes seem a little unco?

-I agree with others about Taylor’s not being strong, I feel she is another Savannah- average dancer  but great teammate and ambassador. 
-Kelsey is so beautiful and talented. Love how versatile she is. 
I’d  love to hear others thoughts who have dance experience? 

• Love 13
8 hours ago, DCC93 said:

Observations:

- In the beginning you can see that Kaydianna dances with her chin down to her chest. If she lifted it up, her dancing/confidence would look completely different.

- Idc how Lea looks in photos, she is precious. Her dancing is great, and she looks great out there as well.

Oh wow! This year's rookies are SO STRONG. Some of the more senior vets are getting outperformed. Most notably in that video, Erin and Madeline. Couldn't see Taylor but based on her solo would add her to the list too

• Love 18
9 hours ago, DCC93 said:

Observations:

Claire is definitely a contender for point. Absolutely.

Kelee was wonderful, I noticed Kleine (like Calvin Klein) and I am happy that we will have her so many years in the team. She is just so likeable. And for the first time I saw Lea, and she has a field presence for sure. Also, on the other side, I noticed Legacy Madeline Salter. What an eternal bliss that she made the team.

However, the one that always draws me in is Dani. Dani, Dani, Dani!

• Love 17
23 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Hah! I was with you til this comment. I think the front-dip shorts are ugly and very dated. They don't flatter the dancers figures in still photos IMO. In motion they aren't so bad. I am surprised they used them all the way up to around 2000, not sure the exact year they finally changed. Right before the hair straightener and chunky highlights emerged 😄

I forgot to add: thank you for the clip, loved watching the blast from the past

And brown lipstick 😄 To be honest I'm surprised they stuck around until the 2000s also! And then in the mid-2000s they changed the buckle and started cutting the shorts super low. I blame the Frankie B jeans that girls were wearing back then. Lort. Those were the days!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, DCC93 said:

Observations:

Wow, thanks for this!
Gina great as always - her expressions didn't once annoy me and usually they do. She will be amazing as point. I don't think there is any way she could disappoint.

Both Ambers stood out to me! Already a fan of vet Amber, now a big fan of rookie Amber.

Rachel looked pretty good here - I was not bored!

Lea, great field presence and showmanship. Argument about why she made the team needs to be put to rest.

Armani also caught my eye. Looks like Darian has moved up in position. Some of those rookies though, they will be taking positions more out front for sure next season. They are so strong!

Edited by StellaCL
typo
  • Love 18
On 9/21/2021 at 7:27 AM, RedDelicious said:

100%.  I was wincing throughout every scene Daphne was in.  I understand it's heartbreaking to have to let go of a dream but she wasn't being realistic.  She's not even 25-years old and her knees are destroyed.  I feel bad for her but trying to push through training camp did not seem like a wise choice at all.

I personally think they should eliminate the jump split and go back to the fan split.  The jump split is just too dangerous.  I also think the leg lift and hair flip is stupid.  I think the fan split is prettier than both the leg lift and jump split.

ETA: Fan split (I don't know what it is actually called) at 2:45

With the talent and precision they have today, this could be a very visually appealing element and certainly a lot more safe.

Also, justice for the dip front shorts!

Thanks for the video!  While watching the kick line, all I could hear in my head was, “LINES!” and “Y’all are not kicking as one person!” and “That was a mess!”  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, DCC93 said:

Observations:

Goodness gracious I feel so vindicated nagging TPTB and fellow fans to let Gina be point. She's fantastic! 

And these rookies look great. VERY impressed so far with the squad. 

• Love 11
14 hours ago, DCC93 said:

Observations:

Okay I've watched this a couple more times and I have more opinions & observations lol.

- First off.... Kristin looks so soft... She's 100% one of the weakest on the team if not the weakest. 

- Lea strikes me as another Gina! Has a unique look to her and is INSANELY powerful and good at dancing. I think that alone will get her up in the triangle eventually.

- I love Dani and I'm sorry to the Dani lovers, but there are plenty of girls that have more power, showmanship, and pop than her. Doesn't mean I don't think she's still in the running for point (because of Rachel W, chosen for being beautiful, sorry lol). Lea and Kelee dancing next to her did her no favors, even though she's very obviously gorgeous.

- Mackenzie is adorable and I actually love her shape. She rocks it and is such a solid performer.

- Erin & Madeline.... Pack it up 🥴 it may be time to hang the boots cause yawwwnnnnn

Just my opinions don't kill me pls :)

Edited by DCC93
  • Love 16
Just now, DCC93 said:

Okay I've watched this a couple more times and I have more opinions & observations lol. First off.... Kristin looks so soft... She's 100% one of the weakest on the team if not the weakest. 

- Lea strikes me as another Gina! Has a unique look to her and is INSANELY powerful and good at dancing. I think that alone will get her up in the triangle eventually.

I feel like Kristin and Claire have the same stomach body type because sometimes I see Claire looking soft. 

I agree with your take on Lea! I was thinking why I wasn't feeling her a bit but after seeing her dance in this she won me over. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, lexie3248 said:

I feel like Kristin and Claire have the same stomach body type because sometimes I see Claire looking soft. 

I agree with your take on Lea! I was thinking why I wasn't feeling her a bit but after seeing her dance in this she won me over. 

Totally agree on the Claire body type! But I definitely think K&J are extremely forgiving with Claire because she's just so so talented and such a good entertainer. Kristin on the other hand is a pretty sleepy performer + her body type. I couldn't believe the difference in pop between Claire and the girls behind her in the beginning 🤣 that girl is HUNTING DOWN the point position hahaha

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Lona said:

Goodness gracious I feel so vindicated nagging TPTB and fellow fans to let Gina be point. She's fantastic! 

And these rookies look great. VERY impressed so far with the squad. 

Totally agree...Real Power Pom.

FB_IMG_1632350285194.jpg

• Love 8

17 hours ago, DCC93 said:

Observations:

Great find--thank you! Count me among the fans of this performance. They look so strong! Clean, great energy (yes, except for Kristin, my goodness, girl), nice views of a number of the ladies dancing, with a steady camera to boot. Wow to the rookies, and go Gina! Everyone looks great, except those called out. Kristin looks like she's marking it and dialing it all in, Madeline looks a bit awkward. Erin looks the same to me. I'm happy for her being appointed 2GL, but I'll be fine for her to retire after this year. I'm interested to see what goes on with Madeline in next week's episode. She looked so awkward in the preview, and she just looked a little off here too. Did she get injections or something? I feel like her face looks just a scootch different and more frozen, but I can't put my finger on it. It's not her lighter hair, I don't think. I've liked Madeline well enough over the years, but this video and the preview for episode two remind me of her first year in TC when she seemed so young and awkward and vanilla. 

McKenzie, wow, what a bombshell performer and figure! And Lea has totally won me over with her energy and her moves. She radiates something awesome when she dances! Overall, what a strong team, and it makes me way more excited for the next episodes.

10 hours ago, perrie97 said:

I wish more girls would post their solos they are my favourite part of the audition process! I’m in Australia so hard to find full episodes until the season is complete  it’s good to get a glimpse through Instagram. My unsolicited thoughts on solos (as a person with limited knowledge on dance) lol 

-loved Dani’s, the musicality (I think that’s the word? when the moves/overall vibe match the music really nicely), the spunk & sass, her effortless technique. She looks totally at home doing a solo to me. 

-Jalyn’s is my other fave, really fun to watch nice mix of technique and power. She’s such a good performer I loved the high energy and thought the costume added to the vibrancy. I haven’t seen much of Jalyn since her rookie year so was great to see her come out strong.

-I liked that Ellie’s was hip hop, something different. I can see what others mean about it being a bit clunky, but it was fun watching a different genre. 

-Jessica’s was fun with some cool tricks but I can’t help but think her limbs sometimes seem a little unco?

-I agree with others about Taylor’s not being strong, I feel she is another Savannah- average dancer  but great teammate and ambassador. 
-Kelsey is so beautiful and talented. Love how versatile she is. 
I’d  love to hear others thoughts who have dance experience? 

I second your post and your eye seems pretty good to me! You see the technique in the performances as well as the musicality and that je ne sais quoi of a performer who can make you really feel it. You also see some of the clunkiness, which means your eye isn't undiscerning. And you love Kelcey, so you clearly have good taste! 😂 The most important thing is how much you enjoy watching someone or not, whatever your level of "training" as dancer or armchair judge.

Yes to what everyone is saying about Ellie's solo this year, and I agree it pales in comparison to the energy and execution of last year's video. But I'm still a big fan of hers--her dancing energy is fierce, she is so fun to watch perform, and she is gorgeous. I see her as triangle contender material and would love to see her as a GL down the line.

As for Taylor, I think the Savannah comparison is a very good one. They are both fairly boring yet clean dancers with well pointed feet who blend, and their strengths are in their ambassadorship. But for me, they blend in that more positive way. Neither stands out to me like Kristin consistently does, for example, for low energy or weaker body lines. 

• Love 7
On 9/22/2021 at 12:10 AM, dccfan204 said:

Taylor’s solo was bad

She gave a shoutout to Kelcey for choreographing it. I like Kelcey but I feel like the choreographer should have some blame as well since Taylor doesn't seem this bad in group dances.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Lea, great field presence and showmanship. Argument about why she made the team needs to be put to rest.

Getting ready to run & hide...not feeling her. She looked behind when she came onto to field (too much space between her & the one in front of her), her arms looked about 1/2 count behind, and she didn't have the "pop" the others seemed to. I think Erin & Madeline M looked much better.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Getting ready to run & hide...not feeling her. She looked behind when she came onto to field (too much space between her & the one in front of her), her arms looked about 1/2 count behind, and she didn't have the "pop" the others seemed to. I think Erin & Madeline M looked much better.

In this snap alone you can see how much more pop she has than (sorry again ladies) Dani. She also had space in between her and the girl in front of her because she was waiting for the girl in the other line to hurry and get in front of her. But I mean... opinions areee opinions lol.

I am on a mission to have ppl put some respect on Lea's name!!! 🤣 (kidding kidding not everyone is gonna like her duh lol)

IMO she'll get moved up a lot in the next year and the year after that. The girl toured around America as a choreographer/dancer lol she's another Bridget, Amber, Gina.

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 4.32.33 PM.png

Edited by DCC93
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
On 9/21/2021 at 2:54 PM, erikaelvis said:

Gina posted this on IG. Seems as though she is getting Erica’d. No mention of her.  No glimpse of her solo but she was there. 

9F028FBA-029E-436B-818F-3635ABBC2A07.jpeg

I really like Lisa's look here. She has a similar photo on her Instagram. She usually wears red, but I find this dark green with her bronzey tone and hair tendrils to be different and refreshing for her. I know she can be polarizing, but I would be interested in seeing her solo and what direction she went with it.

Also, I really want to root for Jessica. I had a soft spot for Alora Rose and is Jessica my new underdog? But everything I see she still underwhelms. My theory is that there is a certain quota of DCC that need to have long limbs for those pretty kicks on the field. I am sure Jessica checks those marks. She is long and lean and beautiful, probably one of the tallest on the team.

Amanda looks sizzling here. So does Ashlee who seems tinier every time I see her. Is she even 5 feet tall? Armani's costume was kinda odd to me, but we didn't see enough of it to know her whole look. The MTT editing does not give enough to the fans. I would have sat and watched all 52 solos from start to finish and loved it. 

• Love 8
18 hours ago, DCC93 said:

Observations:

Thanks for sharing this! I agree with all you said although I really couldn't see Lea that well.

• Love 1

LOVE LOVE LOVE Kelee and Lea. 

I wasn't a big fan of Mackenzie last season.... but WOW!!!!  She's a standout this year.   

Jada caught my eye from across the field....her power had improved a TON from last year.   

This team is going to be AMAZING!!

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, Kamal said:

Bre's audition video is out.

Are they showing the videos in the order they were cut?

Yes 

10 minutes ago, Branmuffin said:

https://fb.watch/8buOt7ogJz/
yep saw that they posted it on Facebook! 
I don’t think it is the exact order they were cut but it definitely does seem they are showing the cut girls auditions first!

All the gals they showed so far are the ones cut in week 1 

3 minutes ago, SMP637 said:

LOVE LOVE LOVE Kelee and Lea. 

I wasn't a big fan of Mackenzie last season.... but WOW!!!!  She's a standout this year.   

Jada caught my eye from across the field....her power had improved a TON from last year.   

This team is going to be AMAZING!!

Jada was in a lot of Jen’s classes the off season 

• Useful 1