Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

On 9/22/2021 at 1:06 AM, DCC93 said:

Look what IIII foundddd :)

Observations:

- In the beginning you can see that Kaydianna dances with her chin down to her chest. If she lifted it up, her dancing/confidence would look completely different.

- Idc how Lea looks in photos, she is precious. Her dancing is great, and she looks great out there as well.

- Claire is for sure going to be point in 2 years.

- Kelee. I love u ur so cute.

Claire is obv my fave, but Ashlinn and Lea look so good! Their facials are so cute

• Love 7
On 9/22/2021 at 3:06 PM, DCC93 said:

Observations:

- In the beginning you can see that Kaydianna dances with her chin down to her chest. If she lifted it up, her dancing/confidence would look completely different.

- Idc how Lea looks in photos, she is precious. Her dancing is great, and she looks great out there as well.

okay wow I might be a little obsessed with this team. They look great!!!

• Love 10
On 9/22/2021 at 10:16 PM, perrie97 said:

I wish more girls would post their solos they are my favourite part of the audition process! I’m in Australia so hard to find full episodes until the season is complete  it’s good to get a glimpse through Instagram. My unsolicited thoughts on solos (as a person with limited knowledge on dance) lol 

-loved Dani’s, the musicality (I think that’s the word? when the moves/overall vibe match the music really nicely), the spunk & sass, her effortless technique. She looks totally at home doing a solo to me. 

-Jalyn’s is my other fave, really fun to watch nice mix of technique and power. She’s such a good performer I loved the high energy and thought the costume added to the vibrancy. I haven’t seen much of Jalyn since her rookie year so was great to see her come out strong.

-I liked that Ellie’s was hip hop, something different. I can see what others mean about it being a bit clunky, but it was fun watching a different genre. 

-Jessica’s was fun with some cool tricks but I can’t help but think her limbs sometimes seem a little unco?

-I agree with others about Taylor’s not being strong, I feel she is another Savannah- average dancer  but great teammate and ambassador. 
-Kelsey is so beautiful and talented. Love how versatile she is. 
I’d  love to hear others thoughts who have dance experience? 

Hey fellow Aussie! I’ve discovered this season that we can watch on the cmt website for free, you just have to clear all your cookies and then put in a random email address. The person who told me said it only lasted for 24 hours and then you need to do another email address but I’ve been using it almost a week and haven’t had to do anything else. Hope it works for you x 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, go4luca said:

This might be clearer to view.  Click for larger version.

DCC Leaderboard S16E2.jpg

Amanda and Kleine look so much alike sometimes, and these pics with them next to each other really show that. Maybe that's why I'm so crazy about Kleine, as I think Amanda is Top 5 prettiest of all time.

Crazy to see Kelee and Lea so low. Guess they were long shots, but really impressed (obviously, because they're amazing dancers) during training camp. Glad it wasn't a 2 week process again this year like it was last year.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, LilyD said:

I’m one of those people who isn’t exactly a fan. The thing is, you have one chance to make a good impression which she completely blew in her rookie season. Even if you have clearly improved since, it ’ll go a long way before people get past an earlier formed opinion of somebody.

It’s what she said and how she said things; over the top, being very present without giving much thought to what you are saying—> think before you speak, please. And I don’t like people  who think they’re funny. Her dance wasn’t particularly impressive (her solo was a joke!) but she did have a presence and showmanship. So that’s how my opinion on her was formed.

I can’t remember seeing much of her last season. If she was shown a lot, it clearly did not stand out to me and I haven’t seen anything from this season yet. You maybe right; she seems to have improved but I haven’t seen enough so far to actually want to change my views, so we’ll see…

Like I said,  everyone is entitled to their opinion.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mvdb said:

Hey fellow Aussie! I’ve discovered this season that we can watch on the cmt website for free, you just have to clear all your cookies and then put in a random email address. The person who told me said it only lasted for 24 hours and then you need to do another email address but I’ve been using it almost a week and haven’t had to do anything else. Hope it works for you x 

Oh my gosh thank-you so much for this tip, I will give it a try! xx

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, countrygal said:

So haven't posted in forever here but trust me I have been reading. Need to put my two cents in here. There is no way Amanda was the lowest ranking veteran, sorry but none. I don't even need to see all the veteran solos to know that either. I smell a plot twist cooked up by MTT, or as TheGenuineBeauty stated so eloquently, some straight up BS. I swear if they let Alora walk with nothing just a oh go on to greener pastures and spin that Amanda was god-awful I might scream. Especially after what they did last year trying to prove Hannah was the problem. Ok I will go back to being a ghost now lol just had to get that off my chest.

Totally feel you. I do feel like since Amanda was so strong/ a favorite in past seasons (kinda just like Erica aka a super solid dancer), she's gonna get Erica'd out. I think they'll avoid any talk about the vaccine and they know that their fans, especially this forum, think Amanda was one of the best. IMO it's gonna be a *poof* she's gone kinda thing. One day she'll be there and the next she won't! But we'll see of course.

After how pissed PT was with the treatment of Brennan, Hannah, and Lily... Gurllll K&J better know by now to not go there LOL

Edited by DCC93
  • Love 11
On 9/21/2021 at 10:06 PM, DCC93 said:

Observations:

I am OBSESSED with this routine. Like, I need to hit the studio ASAP obsessed. It’s been like 20’ish years 😂😂 but this seriously makes me want to join in! They look like they’re having so much fun!

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, DCC93 said:

Totally feel you. I do feel like since Amanda was so strong/ a favorite in past seasons (kinda just like Erica aka a super solid dancer), she's gonna get Erica'd out. I think they'll avoid any talk about the vaccine and they know that their fans, especially this forum, think Amanda was one of the best. IMO it's gonna be a *poof* she's gone kinda thing. One day she'll be there and the next she won't! But we'll see of course.

After how pissed PT was with the treatment of Brennan, Hannah, and Lily... Gurllll K&J better know by now to not go there LOL

I would rather have them "Erica" her out completely than watch them make up some BS reason to cut her, like lacking pom technique.  Grrr. I am still mad about that one. 

• Love 23
6 hours ago, countrygal said:

So haven't posted in forever here but trust me I have been reading. Need to put my two cents in here. There is no way Amanda was the lowest ranking veteran, sorry but none. I don't even need to see all the veteran solos to know that either. I smell a plot twist cooked up by MTT, or as TheGenuineBeauty stated so eloquently, some straight up BS. I swear if they let Alora walk with nothing just a oh go on to greener pastures and spin that Amanda was god-awful I might scream. Especially after what they did last year trying to prove Hannah was the problem. Ok I will go back to being a ghost now lol just had to get that off my chest.

I totally agree! They have always raved about Amanda in past seasons with her solos getting pointed out & guest choreographers singing her praises so for her to suddenly get no focus & reveal her as the lowest ranked vet feels like a set up. Almost like they are laying the groundwork for explaining her departure. Especially since they have been so militant about revealing stuff over the last few months. I mean we were all begging for the TPTB to show clips of the solos back when auditions were happened and there was nada, but now this tidbit of info is allowed to escape? Nope, there's some finagling going on.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

Lovely.  I wonder why she was cut.

To be Kelli's comeback girl.

6 hours ago, MrsPriss said:

I am OBSESSED with this routine. Like, I need to hit the studio ASAP obsessed. It’s been like 20’ish years 😂😂 but this seriously makes me want to join in! They look like they’re having so much fun!

Totally agree. There is a real feel of enjoyment and spirit about it!

• Love 3
On 9/22/2021 at 12:06 AM, DCC93 said:

Observations:

KayDianna is the 5th in line coming out and you don’t see her dancing in this video after they come out. Which one did you think she was? 

4 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I know a lot of people were commenting on the episode thred and Natalie and kliene staying with her sometime during tc she ends up moving to stay with Claire w and Tyra 

Maybe after they announced the team, they moved in together.  I know there were other TCCs who stayed with DCC families.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I know a lot of people were commenting on the episode thred and Natalie and kliene staying with her sometime during tc she ends up moving to stay with Claire w and Tyra 

Smart move on Kleine's part.

• Love 16

It will b interesting to see why Melanie was cut. She had a good nite this ep and got a lot of positive feedback. I hope she comes back. 

Anyone know who was/were the shortest DCC?

Edited by Trixi
Thought add
  • Love 7
39 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

Brennan was short???

I don't think it was ever really mentioned but in her last season she was generally second from the end for the kickline, so I'd assume so.

My contributions to this list are current vet Amber, gymnast Kat from season 10, and Jessica from season 7.

• Love 3

I find this season a little better. I can identify some of the TCC’s compared to last year where I didn’t even know any of them. And this year watching them As vets, I can’t still identify them. 

Also, out of topic for this season, but where can I watch season 13 onwards? Pluto stops at season 12. 

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I wonder who gets talked to in episode 4 for her social media post ? 

8FEBEB8B-4A4F-454C-B9D7-5076407776E2.jpeg

T for timeliness on this considering the conversation from episode one 😂

My guess is - is she an amazing dancer or one of Kelli’s favorites? Then it probably won’t matter. Curious what they’d consider inappropriate. Some of the rookies had some super sexy swimsuit pics, wonder if that would be an issue since it’s pre DCC. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, kalibean said:

My guess is - is she an amazing dancer or one of Kelli’s favorites? Then it probably won’t matter. Curious what they’d consider inappropriate. Some of the rookies had some super sexy swimsuit pics, wonder if that would be an issue since it’s pre DCC. 

Ok 

• LOL 3
42 minutes ago, kalibean said:

No idea what pics you're talking about (so don't know what you mean by "super sexy"), but can they really say a lot given the swimsuit calendars? Yea, I know, those are wholesome "America's Sweethearts" skimpy swimsuit (and let's not forget the favourite "pulling off the bottoms" pose) pics. 😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Oh I 10000% agree. It’s so hypocritical.  

I know there was discussion about some of A-R’s very sexy dance costumes from her prior gigs, and I remember some super cheeky vacation beach pics from this year but can’t remember the candidate. 

I guess as long as they don’t tell Kelly they were meant to build their portfolio 😂 Poor Ika. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, dccfan204 said:

Anyone know when episodes go up on Amazon Prime?? Last night’s episode still isn’t up ugggh

I remember on iTunes for season 14 I had to wait almost a week before it was up for the first two episodes 

• LOL 1

Just caught up on that latest episode and wow, had to rewind to make sure this was an actual quote: 

"I felt like I made it through OK enough to where I would just maybe get a comment and then be done ... "

That was a four-year Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders veteran speaking. WOW. I mean there's jokes about Madeline Malloy being a "blender," but she really just took that to a whole new level. 😂.

And I do wonder when Ava gets cut. They seem to be setting her up for a Brianna (S12) or Gina Marie (S14) edit. Really young but "inexperienced" and they hope "she'll try out again in the future." By charts we know she was the eighth cut, but thanks to last episode four have already happened.

Edited by Lona
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Lona said:

Just caught up on that latest episode and wow, had to rewind to make sure this was an actual quote: 

"I felt like I made it through OK enough to where would just maybe get a comment and then be done ... "

This is an interesting comment to make. Would love to see how this was portrayed. (I'm outside of the states and to lazy to get a VPN so can't watch.) 

Pretty sure it's a bad edit from MTT but she should't say anything that will make her look bad.

6 hours ago, Lona said:

"I felt like I made it through OK enough to where I would just maybe get a comment and then be done ... "

That was a four-year Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders veteran speaking. WOW. I mean there's jokes about Madeline Malloy being a "blender," but she really just took that to a whole new level. 😂.

And I do wonder when Ava gets cut. They seem to be setting her up for a Brianna (S12) or Gina Marie (S14) edit. Really young but "inexperienced" and they hope "she'll try out again in the future." By charts we know she was the eighth cut, but thanks to last episode four have already happened.

I agree, re: Madeline. She is LOVELY, but she said the exact same thing as a TCC, and she was told the exact same thing by a guest choreographer then, haha. If this is so far “out of your comfort zone”, you’ve had like 4 years to take a dance class…

I really wonder what happened with Caroline to put her so far back in the triangle. She is a flawless dancer, gorgeous, and has always had a perfect figure. Honestly the only knock ever against her was for her hair (which I never disliked all that much, but I believe it was the general consensus that it was unflattering), but I certainly don’t blame her for that. 

There are SO many frickin’ TCC’s this year. I was kind of having a hard time keeping track. But then four of them got cut all at once so I thought, hey, guess I don’t have to learn their names/faces, haha. 😂😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, Meleighsa said:

Does anyone know who the other DCC hosts were and which TCC stayed with them?

On another DCC Facebook group Natalie must belong to a question was asked if she was the only one hosting. She said there were others but didn't give any names.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2