Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

53 minutes ago, DCC93 said:

In this snap alone you can see how much more pop she has than (sorry again ladies) Dani.

I think I know where you froze that, and if it is then yes, I do agree that was a nice little move she had there!

• Love 2
On 9/22/2021 at 2:05 AM, Bellisima08 said:

I totally agree and I think Judy even brought it up once on the show. I don't recall when, but I believe it was back in their valley ranch days (just before the Star was completed) where Kelli & Judy had just released a girl from TC who they liked, but had low kicks and after the girl left the room Judy said something like "we really shouldn't take them into training camp if they can't kick high at the start". I think it was also brought up one year during auditions where one of the guest judges said something about not letting girls into TC if their kicks weren't high enough. So clearly there has been talk about that, but a lack of consistency in enforcing it. Sometimes I believe the reason they overlook it is if the girl is a strong dancer or they really like her and they hope she will improve during TC. Other times I wonder if they keep them because otherwise they would not have enough candidates in TC if they kept out all the low kickers.

Sometimes I believe the reason they  Kelli overlooks it is if the girl is a strong dancer or they really like her and they hope she will improve --> There, fixed that for you😉  And there's also your inconsistency. Judy can say all she wants but if Kelli likes someone, Judy's stuck with her. 

But I agree with you: If someone is a great dancer but can't kick high or do the split, they shouldn't be there.Everybody should know the DCC requirements by now.  It never seized to amaze me how girls showed up for audition (some nice dancers too) but could barely kick higher than their belly buttons and seriously believed they stood a chance....

• Love 4
On 9/22/2021 at 7:06 AM, Tuxcat said:

Love Gina but this is why Kelli says "just a nice bright smile please"

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 7.04.44 AM.png

Rewatched this vid again bc its so rare we get great quality and real music. A few more thoughts, Veteran Amber, did she have botox or something? Her face also giving me frozen joker vibes like Gina. Speaking of Gina, she's punctuating the accents of the song by singing along, hmmmm thought that was a no-no. Kristen, asleep at the wheel as many have commented... As a whole they really do look like a strong, talented group.

• Love 6
On 9/21/2021 at 10:27 AM, RedDelicious said:

100%.  I was wincing throughout every scene Daphne was in.  I understand it's heartbreaking to have to let go of a dream but she wasn't being realistic.  She's not even 25-years old and her knees are destroyed.  I feel bad for her but trying to push through training camp did not seem like a wise choice at all.

I personally think they should eliminate the jump split and go back to the fan split.  The jump split is just too dangerous.  I also think the leg lift and hair flip is stupid.  I think the fan split is prettier than both the leg lift and jump split.

ETA: Fan split (I don't know what it is actually called) at 2:45

With the talent and precision they have today, this could be a very visually appealing element and certainly a lot more safe.

Also, justice for the dip front shorts!

Those shorts are so cute and would be such an upgrade for the current uniform. Dip or V front with higher sides is much more flattering on the dancers body and not such a harsh line/creating a non-existent muffin top like the current shorts/belt

• Love 4

Watched the segment and there's no indicator on how they're ordered, other than "top 36."  I have a hard time believing Amanda and Lexi would be ranked so low, especially lower than Kat and Kristin.  

I don't know enough about Darian to make a call, but Lexi and Amanda were well liked by TPTB, unless there were some sort of issues already afoot about vaccination concerns, injuries, etc. like with Daphne.  Taylor isn't the best on the team, sure, but she's dependable and has other great ambassador qualities.

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Watched the segment and there's no indicator on how they're ordered, other than "top 36."  I have a hard time believing Amanda and Lexi would be ranked so low, especially lower than Kat and Kristin.  

I don't know enough about Darian to make a call, but Lexi and Amanda were well liked by TPTB, unless there were some sort of issues already afoot about vaccination concerns, injuries, etc. like with Daphne.  Taylor isn't the best on the team, sure, but she's dependable and has other great ambassador qualities.

I know that they group the scoring and within that group they do them by alphabetical order so from Alora- Rose to Tori would all be the same score or similar but then they organise them in alphabetical order 

Edited by MegzClarkie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, TB12 said:

Rewatched this vid again bc its so rare we get great quality and real music. A few more thoughts, Veteran Amber, did she have botox or something? Her face also giving me frozen joker vibes like Gina. Speaking of Gina, she's punctuating the accents of the song by singing along, hmmmm thought that was a no-no. Kristen, asleep at the wheel as many have commented... As a whole they really do look like a strong, talented group.

I had the exact same thought about Amber lol I think her features are extremely strong! Does anyone know what nationality/ethnicity her parents are? She gives me very much Italian vibes.

• Love 2

I didn’t follow the boards much this summer, so I am really learning the TCCs through the show, but if I am thinking of the right girls, I also thought Kelee and Lea looked great, as did Gina. I argued she should’ve gotten point 2 years ago and thought it was a slap in the face that they gave it to Maddie and Amy and then Rachel over her. Thank god they finally came to their senses (but I still think she looks almost too thin). 

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, MegzClarkie said:

I know that they group the scoring and within that group they do them by alphabetical order so from Alora- Rose to Tori would all be the same score or similar but then they organise them in alphabetical order 

Definitely lends credibility to the theory that A-R got an exceptionally bad edit last year.  I'm not terribly surprised she would get all "yes" votes considering her background.

I am very, very surprised that Amanda would get so many maybe votes unless she was a poor teammate, but nothing we see on social indicates that.  Perhaps a bad or controversial interview?  I'm also surprised that Lexi would receive the same amount of "maybe" votes as Kat or Kristen, who have their plusses but aren't as strong as Lexi.  I adore Lexi, though, so maybe I'm just missing something.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Definitely lends credibility to the theory that A-R got an exceptionally bad edit last year.  I'm not terribly surprised she would get all "yes" votes considering her background.

I am very, very surprised that Amanda would get so many maybe votes unless she was a poor teammate, but nothing we see on social indicates that.  Perhaps a bad or controversial interview?  I'm also surprised that Lexi would receive the same amount of "maybe" votes as Kat or Kristen, who have their plusses but aren't as strong as Lexi.  I adore Lexi, though, so maybe I'm just missing something.

Alora had a good solo during the judges showcase which they said was good 

• Love 4

I really liked Alora-Rose.... I'd love to see her solo.  She was in a lot of Jennifer's classes and you could see her power pom improved a ton.  I bet she would've made the team this year. 

I don't get why Kat doesn't get credit for her vast improvement in the DCC-style.  I know that some don't like her personality (I don't get that either,  I bet she's a blast to have a a friend......but different strokes for different folks).  She struggled her rookie season but she gets better and better each year. I'm so happy for her.  

• Love 19

Every single DCC has qualities that make them a great member of the team - some of them have amazing dance skills, personality, looks and are just crazy awesome all around.  All are perfectly capable dancers, but perhaps are also excellent ambassadors on appearances or exceptionally photogenic or maybe skilled with kids for Camp DCC or do something that others can't like speak (or sign) a second language fluently.  

I guess in a perfect world there would be 36 perfect 10's on all accounts, but that's for sure not what's realistic for this particular job.  It's really a unique dance job in that it has so much community involvement too.  The Rockettes and Vegas showgirls aren't typically doing the ambassador piece of it.  I certainly wish the DCC were paid accordingly, but for sure not the only under-valued profession.  

• Love 13

It is so very hard to believe that Amanda dropped so low after being on top for two years. This board has me fuming.

I could swear she was called first to do solos last year. 

Edited by Cj1
add on
  • Love 10
41 minutes ago, Cj1 said:

It is so very hard to believe that Amanda dropped so low after being on top for two years. This board has me fuming.

I could swear she was called first to do solos last year. 

I'm convinced it was something non-dance related....because there is NO reason she should be that low.... but after what happened to Hannah last year,  nothing surprises me.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I didn’t follow the boards much this summer, so I am really learning the TCCs through the show, but if I am thinking of the right girls, I also thought Kelee and Lea looked great, as did Gina. I argued she should’ve gotten point 2 years ago and thought it was a slap in the face that they gave it to Maddie and Amy and then Rachel over her. Thank god they finally came to their senses (but I still think she looks almost too thin). 

Couldn't agree more. Gina is rocking point and could have been for at least a couple of years. If TPTB insisted on two points then Maddie and Gina would have been a great combination. I don't know if Gina's ACL problem affected the choice but the girl is rocking it now and I think it's infectious to the rest of the team who look great. Can't wait for the Monday home game.

• Love 8

Somehow they gained a girl. Last week they were at  "51."  This week "52." LOL.

If they are Erica ' ing Amanda, they didn't do the best job here.

Maybe initially they thought they'd just give her the "she's not herself" edit this season - and then changed their minds.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

DCC Leaderboard S16E2.jpg

1. Alora Rose, Amber, Ashlee, Caroline, Chandi, Claire, Elli, Gina, Kelcey, Lisa, Madeline, McKenzie, Rachel W

2. Kaydianna, Tori

3. Armani, Erin, Jalyn, Jessica, Marissa

4. Ashlinn, Dani, Jada, Kat, Kristin, Madeline S

5. Lexie, Taylor J

6. Daphne, Darian

7. Amanda, Kleine, Tyra

8. Amber, Kya, Melanie

9. Jensen, Presley

10. Kylie, Rebecca

11. Ava, Christina

12. Cailey

13. Amanda, Lea, Megan

14. Madisyn

15. Ashley, Jordann, Kelee

16. Breanna, Erin

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 7
36 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

1. Alora Rose, Amber, Ashlee, Caroline, Chandi, Claire, Elli, Gina, Kelcey, Lisa, Madeline, McKenzie, Rachel W

2. Kaydianna, Tori

3. Armani, Erin, Jalyn, Jessica, Marissa

4. Ashlinn, Dani, Jada, Kat, Kristin, Madeline S

5. Lexie, Taylor J

6. Daphne, Darian

7. Amanda, Kleine, Tyra

8. Amber, Kya, Melanie

9. Jensen, Presley

10. Kylie, Rebecca

11. Ava, Christina

12. Cailey

13. Amanda, Lea, Megan

14. Madisyn

15. Ashley, Jordann, Kelee

16. Breanna, Erin

What is the meaning of this?

• Love 2

In the video, Gina was ,of course, fire! I thought Lea looked fantastic and I adore Ashlee. Kelee will also be one to watch. I also thought Kelcey looks fab with that new haircut. (Or is that Lea I’m seeing again?) 🤔 

I have thought Claire was amazing since the moment I saw her dance. I also love her gorgeous hair. Mine was that color at her age, and has faded to a sad mousy color. 

also, I was cringing for Daphne. I have a knee that needs replacing from cheer, dance, and running. All that pushing in my teens and 20s, and now I’ve had 4 surgeries and need a new knee in my late 40s. Maybe that “push through the pain” mantra they screeched at us in athletics back in the day wasn’t exactly the right thing to do. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Back to DCC, I wish Daphne a speedy recovery. 

im a little excited this year about the team of girls. The girls seem to be pretty and talented,  and the cowboys look pretty good too. Maybe we can score some tickets. ( or maybe I’ll just buy a new car. Haha)

• Love 6
4 hours ago, SMP637 said:

I don't get why Kat doesn't get credit for her vast improvement in the DCC-style.  I know that some don't like her personality (I don't get that either,  I bet she's a blast to have a a friend......but different strokes for different folks).  She struggled her rookie season but she gets better and better each year. I'm so happy for her.  

I’m one of those people who isn’t exactly a fan. The thing is, you have one chance to make a good impression which she completely blew in her rookie season. Even if you have clearly improved since, it ’ll go a long way before people get past an earlier formed opinion of somebody.

It’s what she said and how she said things; over the top, being very present without giving much thought to what you are saying—> think before you speak, please. And I don’t like people  who think they’re funny. Her dance wasn’t particularly impressive (her solo was a joke!) but she did have a presence and showmanship. So that’s how my opinion on her was formed.

I can’t remember seeing much of her last season. If she was shown a lot, it clearly did not stand out to me and I haven’t seen anything from this season yet. You maybe right; she seems to have improved but I haven’t seen enough so far to actually want to change my views, so we’ll see…

• Love 6
21 hours ago, LilyD said:

Sometimes I believe the reason they  Kelli overlooks it is if the girl is a strong dancer or they really like her and they hope she will improve --> There, fixed that for you😉  And there's also your inconsistency. Judy can say all she wants but if Kelli likes someone, Judy's stuck with her. 

But I agree with you: If someone is a great dancer but can't kick high or do the split, they shouldn't be there.Everybody should know the DCC requirements by now.  It never seized to amaze me how girls showed up for audition (some nice dancers too) but could barely kick higher than their belly buttons and seriously believed they stood a chance....

Exactly! It's not like the requirements are a secret that they reveal to the girls on the day of audition finals. The need to have great flexibility is pretty darned obvious and if being on the team is a life-long dream as many of these girls claim it is, the ability to kick above your belly button and do a jump split should be a training priority well before you audition. As for Judy being stuck with who Kelli likes, I really don't get the power dynamic. I mean the choreography falls under Judy's purview and obviously she wants girls who can do well so her input should be fairly powerful (in theory).

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

Never mind.  A quick search turned up Redskins.

Interesting so she auditioned to get some behind the scenes of the process for magazine ? That’s what I took from it !! Also i read up on her she slammed her teammates on the today show abt issues on their calendar shoot back in 2018 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
7 minutes ago, go4luca said:

But the names are all listed under each lady in each row.

Historically speaking, these boards are arranged in groups based on score, and within the groups the girls are listed alphabetically. So the original post was splitting up the girls into their scoring groups. The entire top row of veterans probably got a perfect score. Then Kaydianna and Tori likely got one maybe. Armani, Erin, Jalyn, Jessica, and Marissa probably had two maybes. I think it was two seasons ago that they actually had gaps on the leaderboard separating the scoring groups, which would have been nice to see here. But yeah, that's what the original post was looking at, who scored the same.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Historically speaking, these boards are arranged in groups based on score, and within the groups the girls are listed alphabetically. So the original post was splitting up the girls into their scoring groups. The entire top row of veterans probably got a perfect score. Then Kaydianna and Tori likely got one maybe. Armani, Erin, Jalyn, Jessica, and Marissa probably had two maybes. I think it was two seasons ago that they actually had gaps on the leaderboard separating the scoring groups, which would have been nice to see here. But yeah, that's what the original post was looking at, who scored the same.

Yup. Thanks for explaining!

37 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Interesting so she auditioned to get some behind the scenes of the process for magazine ? That’s what I took from it !! Also i read up on her she slammed her teammates on the today show abt issues on their calendar shoot back in 2018 

I didn't get the impression she auditioned for DCC,  just a comparison of her experience versus the DCC process.

• Love 2

I'll be perfectly honest and say I'm not going to put too much stock into the leaderboard. Used properly, it could be a great way to "rank" based on dance ability. However I get the feeling that sometimes it's either too 1.) Random and 2.) Drama driven. 

Edited by Lona
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Thank you! :)

36 minutes ago, Branmuffin said:

https://fb.watch/8cUDUk3PLL/

the audition video for rookie TCC Amber is up on Facebook. Finally one for one of the girls who actually made the final squad!

I know there's only been a few audition videos, but this is the best one so far!

2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Ava posted this throwback solo on her instagram a few days ago. I don't think it was her DCC solo.  Could have been maybe. But either way she's beautifully expressive. I can see why she was "best solo" from the TCC.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT_BG1bB1UA/?utm_medium=copy_link

I searched her name on YouTube and her audition solo was the first result. I recognized not only the costume, but several moves in this video that were shown in the episode. It's a spectacular solo.

Edited by pancakes
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, kalibean said:

Yeah, I doubt that leaderboard is accurate to time - that was unlikely Amanda's spot way back during the first week of training camp. I don't trust anything face value when it comes to vets and cuts and reality TV production 🙄

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Yeah, I doubt that leaderboard is accurate to time - that was unlikely Amanda's spot way back during the first week of training camp. I don't trust anything face value when it comes to vets and cuts and reality TV production 🙄

From the video this came from the vets were placed by solos and the rookies were placed by solos plus rookie night of rehearsal 

42 minutes ago, pancakes said:

I know there's only been a few audition videos, but this is the best one so far!

I searched her name on YouTube and her audition solo was the first result. I recognized not only the costume, but several moves in this video that were shown in the episode. It's a spectacular solo.

Lovely.  I wonder why she was cut.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, pancakes said:

Thank you so much. She's a gorgeous dancer.

• Love 2