Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, StellaCL said:

What DCC/TCC have their solos posted online? Once again disappointed with the content of MTT editing. I have seen clips of Kristin’s, Kelcey’s, and Taylor’s posted on IG. And Jalyn and Dani. Who else?

Jessica and Daphne have also posted clips.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I LOVED this segment that DCC uploaded to YouTube. I hope they continue to do this throughout the season to allow us to hear the BTS discussion of what we see in the episodes. It'll also be nice to hear from some of the girls (& maybe even their side of things) as the season progresses. 

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, MSgal said:

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I LOVED this segment that DCC uploaded to YouTube. I hope they continue to do this throughout the season to allow us to hear the BTS discussion of what we see in the episodes. It'll also be nice to hear from some of the girls (& maybe even their side of things) as the season progresses. 

Agreed! I always love hearing the DCC speak, and I think this is a great way to showcase vets as part of the show

• Love 6
On 9/17/2021 at 11:12 AM, pancakes said:

Erin F.'s audition video is posted: https://www.instagram.com/p/CT7UVTVgJmD/

Puppy dog hands is all I can see. Straighten your wrists, sis. 

3 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

Here is a link to Rachel’s

I feel like she starts off so strong, then all that rolling and wallering on the ground, then is hit or miss if she fully extends, but she does always have beautiful lines. Also grouping her with Erican and Lacey on feeling like I watch the same emo lyrical tricks every single years.

• Love 4

soo weren't there 52 girls in TC? It's been awhile since I've been on the boards so I don't really remember (long time lurker). Are they just ignoring veteran Amanda and not showing her leaving? Also surprised there was no mention of how many vets were returning nor anything about Victoria stepping away for a season.  

• Love 5
19 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

If a veteran wants to reaudition but they are legitimately injured, they should be given a pass to skip auditions and go straight to training camp. They have already proved that they have what it takes to be a part of the team, so why not give them a pass? Again it will all depend on the severity of the injury of course. 

I guess you're right for about 95% of the veterans. But over the years we have seen quite a few examples of veterans who did not live up to the dance/professional/weight standards of the DCC (Morgan, Breelan, Kyra and a few veterans with very obvious weight gain come to mind). The finals give TPTB the chance to take out those weaker links (and yes I know, to make some unfair cuts too, but won't go there now)

And then there is another question: There's not much time between finals and TC. If you're not fit to compete at finals, will you be ready at TC? An injury like Danielle's foot would have healed in time but I doubt skipping finals would have saved Daphne's ACLs and thus made a difference.

PS a note on my weight gain comment: Not intended to body shame as I agree with most on this board that the DCC has a very unhealthy weight standard. But there have been stories of girls who came back  10-15 pounds heavier than the year before. And every DCC knows that this is deemed completely unacceptable in the DCC world (that is, unless you're called Victoria) and could lead to being cut.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, Panders said:

soo weren't there 52 girls in TC? It's been awhile since I've been on the boards so I don't really remember (long time lurker). Are they just ignoring veteran Amanda and not showing her leaving? Also surprised there was no mention of how many vets were returning nor anything about Victoria stepping away for a season.  

I caught that. I think some of the previews or interviews out there said "52" but in the middle of last night's episode Kelli says "51." What did I just hear?  Post editing, no doubt. It does make me wonder if they are going to ignore Amanda's departure all together, or some other TCC/DCC. 

• Love 9
22 hours ago, go4luca said:

Whoa.  I didn't realize Daphne ended up tearing both of her ACLS. 😢 What a brave young lady she is.  

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CT70XsiD_VO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

It also says on her post that she tore her first ACL at a draft day rehersal. 

I thought DCC were paid for their rehersals? So it was a workplace injury? I thought that is why Brooke S. was given a pass that one TC she was on crutches because it was specifically an injury that happened on the clock. How TPTB treat their injured vets (Brooke v. Daphne now) is so confusing.

(Addendum: I was pleasantly surprised... I really liked Daphne's solo here! It was good to see it in it's entirety, not edited by the show).

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

I guess you're right for about 95% of the veterans. But over the years we have seen quite a few examples of veterans who did not live up to the dance/professional/weight standards of the DCC (Morgan, Breelan, Kyra and a few veterans with very obvious weight gain come to mind). The finals give TPTB the chance to take out those weaker links (and yes I know, to make some unfair cuts too, but won't go there now)

And then there is another question: There's not much time between finals and TC. If you're not fit to compete at finals, will you be ready at TC? An injury like Danielle's foot would have healed in time but I doubt skipping finals would have saved Daphne's ACLs and thus made a difference.

PS a note on my weight gain comment: Not intended to body shame as I agree with most on this board that the DCC has a very unhealthy weight standard. But there have been stories of girls who came back  10-15 pounds heavier than the year before. And every DCC knows that this is deemed completely unacceptable in the DCC world (that is, unless you're called Victoria) and could lead to being cut.

It definitely needs to be a case by case basis, but TPTB know how girls are doing in specific areas (weight, dance, etc.) and can meet with them before finals to determine (with a doctor's input) what is best. If the injury will heal in time & they're a known solid performer, let them go straight into tc (and even sit on the sidelines for a while). If there are questions about the injury and/or the vet's performance, don't even let them try out -- have them sit out the year.

It sounds like Daphne thought she was doing better but it was too soon. Even if they had let her go straight into tc (and not sit on the sidelines) she probably would have injured herself more in training camp anyway (and maybe even during the season depending on the original injury). TC is far harder on the body than finals -- so without being forced to sit out a year, she was setting herself up for more injury.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

0714AC7F-740D-4CAD-B167-48902BAB3FA0.thumb.jpeg.7c7b0cc756077255942f5eb21cf1d3f0.jpeg

Amanda was at TC

She was clearly visible on the field during the solos and seen to be applauding although her own solo wasn't shown. The issue will be why she didn't complete training camp and if that will be shown.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I caught that. I think some of the previews or interviews out there said "52" but in the middle of last night's episode Kelli says "51." What did I just hear?  Post editing, no doubt. It does make me wonder if they are going to ignore Amanda's departure all together, or some other TCC/DCC. 

exactly! Since they showed previews of Lisa, Alora Rose and Daphne that alluded to their reasons for leaving but none of Amanda, I wondered if they were going to bypass her exit altogether.  Especially since it was rumored to be vaccine related, I could see TPTB not wanting to show that but I guess we'll see! 

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, suzo said:

"We're not in the bubble but still have to remain socially distanced"

*Cuts to shot of TCCs all stood together not socially distanced whatsoever*

Honestly it had more to do with not knowing if the cowboys team would be able to go to Oxnard for their training camp as they were waiting for their approval to be able to go !!!! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Panders said:

exactly! Since they showed previews of Lisa, Alora Rose and Daphne that alluded to their reasons for leaving but none of Amanda, I wondered if they were going to bypass her exit altogether.  Especially since it was rumored to be vaccine related, I could see TPTB not wanting to show that but I guess we'll see! 

I can see an “Erika Edit” happening here, as in: Too complicated/awkward to address so let’s edit this particular cheerleader out as much as we can. The audience won’t notice this anyway…

Edited by LilyD
Spelling
  • Love 18
22 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I can see an “Erika Edit” happening here, as in: To complicated/awkward to address so let’s edit this particular cheerleader out as much as we can. The audience won’t notice this anyway…

LOL! Who do TPTB think they are dealing with that we wouldn't notice? They know Amanda's exit has been a hot topic of discussion so of course we'd be watching to see how the show addresses it.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Shan18 said:

Forgive me for this q as I’m sure the answer is in here somewhere (spare me from scrolling!) but what is the speculated reason that Victoria didn’t try out?

The reasons for Victoria skipping this season have varied. I've heard weight issues, stressed out from the pressure and taking a mental health break. I know on Reddit a few people said she was "going through something", but that could mean anything.

• Love 1

Argh, I’m so sorry to do this, but will someone please post (or pm me) the chart with all of the rookie candidates that includes who makes the team and who is cut? I thought I took a screenshot of it, but now I can’t find it. I need a reference for when I watch the show. 😂

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

Argh, I’m so sorry to do this, but will someone please post (or pm me) the chart with all of the rookie candidates that includes who makes the team and who is cut? I thought I took a screenshot of it, but now I can’t find it. I need a reference for when I watch the show. 😂

D6869E41-EB64-4391-8C70-CAB40D936614.jpeg

81613661-27AF-43D0-8505-C81E77CD9E6B.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Ok just finished episode one and I will say that there is a 90% chance that Amanda will get the Erica treatment, which sucks but if the rumors are true then it makes sense for them to not talk about it because whether you like it or not the COVID vaccine is a controversial topic to talk about, especially in a place like Texas. If they were to air it I think they'll get some backlash from the public. But again, that's if the rumors are true. 

• Love 17

Just finished re-watching the snippets of Kelceys solo from last nights episode 1. It was a much sexier routine than she has been known for in her previous solos. In fact it was a very familiar routine...it actually appeared to be the very same sexy routine Amanda did in her finals solo of her rookie year in season 14. I wonder if the girls sometimes swap choreography?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

Deleting bc was on wrong thread :)

Edited by evasworld123

Last observation for my reviewing of last night's episode 1.

1) There were no panel interviews. I suspect (hoping) we will see them in episode 2?

2) I miss Jay in the group of judges. I know he has not been featured much over the last several seasons but it appears he's totally gone now. I wonder if the addition of "Cowboy Fit" at the STAR in Frisco basically ended the need for his services. That would be a shame as he was as much a fixture as Phil. 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, evasworld123 said:

Many seem to be upset about the format this year. Am I the only happy one we jumped right into finals basically? That’s always the best part anyway. 

I’ve seen many people upset abt that and abt doing it at the stadium 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
16 minutes ago, evasworld123 said:

Many seem to be upset about the format this year. Am I the only happy one we jumped right into finals basically? That’s always the best part anyway. 

Agree. I would rather spend more time focusing on people who actually have a chance of making it than 20 minutes watching people who only audition to tick of it off their bucket lists and realistically dont have a chance of earning those boots! 

Edited by onthebubble
spelling
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
On 8/21/2021 at 7:46 PM, StellaCL said:

That is turning point, it's an opinion based site, and that is a mild description. 

I think the vaccine mandate is NFL based, so that would be all NFL cheerleaders/dancers that want to be on the field. I could not find a reference though stating that. The NFL has been pretty clear there will be penalities if games are canceled and revenue is lost due to any outbreaks. Tertiary staff like cheerleaders, TV crews, trainers, security etc. could all contribute to an outbreak on the field level, so I am sure most NFL teams are not taking chances. It's not just the Saints, or the DC.

You call that a mild description. People love to co-opt the my body my choice thing for a vaccine, but for another topic we won’t get into on this forum…some people are all how dare you? Again not getting into that topic here, but that is a very pointed phrase. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, onthebubble said:

Agree. I would rather spend more time focusing on people who actually have a chance of making it than 20 minutes watching people who only audition to tick of it off their bucket lists and realistically dont have a chance of earning those boots! 

You’re spot on! I’m one of those suckers who actually rewatched prelims and semis after episode 6 or so. Just to see how the girls who actually made it performed during that stage of auditions.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

Is it me or did they show more dancing than usual?  I enjoyed the features on Ashlinn and Kaydianna's family.  Episode 1 was good.

I enjoyed as well! Racism and domestic violence, while obviously tough topics, are so worthy of highlight and discussion. 

I loved Maggie during her tenure on the team, but I was getting a little jaded over the psoriasis and scoliosis comeback stories. One of my closest friends struggles with psoriasis and my dad had scoliosis resulting in nerve damage. I don’t want to downplay either of those two obstacles but this year’s highlights felt less forced.  

I also enjoyed having more dancing time and basically jumping into ‘finals’ in the stadium venue. Felt clear, fresh and exciting for me but I know others missed prelims/semi-finals build up. 

My biggest reservations on the season are whether they’re going to address Victoria and Amanda. I hope they choose to. The way they handled Erica’s departure was so awkward and bizarre. 

I’ve got seriously high hopes of watching Madeline, Tori and Ashlinn come back and dominate as well as getting to know the other new ladies better. 

Edit: Another poster highlighted this, but fascinating Caroline is mentioned as potential point material and then gets moved further back in the triangle?

Edited by evasworld123
  • Love 16
8 hours ago, onthebubble said:

I'm fine with eliminating prelims too. Though I don't think it makes much sense to launch into the sob stories on episode one. I have empathy for the girls and I support the subject matter but it feels oddly intrusive to meet them and learn so much - minute one, day one.  "Hi, I'm suzie and here is the thing I struggled with..."  Let's get to spend some time together before I hear your innermost secrets. Also, if we get a plant sob story on every TCC introduction - it will really take away from the authenticity of the stories. Do not force these girls to recall "one hard thing."

Secondly, I appreciate the dancing but the editing is still TOO CHOPPY. Drives me nuts. 

Lastly, why is training camp so long when they proved they were capable of evaluating and making decisions in two weeks last year?  They defended that process as totally fair  - so why do we need so much more time this year. /s

• Love 18
16 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Lastly, why is training camp so long when they proved they were capable of evaluating and making decisions in two weeks last year?  They defended that process as totally fair  - so why do we need so much more time this year. /s

They could've made the first episodes into two. One just to watch the online auditions (we want to watch all the girls submitted dance and the judges comments) and another just for the final solo's. No need to make tc long just to create content for the show. 

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I'm fine with eliminating prelims too. Though I don't think it makes much sense to launch into the sob stories on episode one. I have empathy for the girls and I support the subject matter but it feels oddly intrusive to meet them and learn so much - minute one, day one.  "Hi, I'm suzie and here is the thing I struggled with..."  Let's get to spend some time together before I hear your innermost secrets. Also, if we get a plant sob story on every TCC introduction - it will really take away from the authenticity of the stories. Do not force these girls to recall "one hard thing."

Secondly, I appreciate the dancing but the editing is still TOO CHOPPY. Drives me nuts. 

This is a good point. I enjoyed the introductions but perhaps it would have felt more authentic aired in a later episode once we’ve had more time to get to know them. 

• Love 7