Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I am still sticking with my theory that there is now a 5 year cap on how long you can be a DCC. 

In other news, can we bring the circle kicks back? This is the only picture I could find on Getty Images, but it looks hard but cool at the same time.

the-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-perform-

It's only a few years ago that TPTB tried to talk Jinelle into a sixth season and I can remember Judy saying that they were not ready to loose Lacey who was a 5 year veteran. If there is a cut off, which I doubt, it must be very recent. I think it is more a case of bodies giving out, life choices and maybe having already danced elsewhere. I think they will have to tackle Gina to get her out of that uniform and Lexie has married but still continues with DCC because she loves it.

On a separate note, I love the circle kicks. Haven't seen that before. I wonder when it dates from

• Love 10
1 hour ago, PomPomPom said:

It's only a few years ago that TPTB tried to talk Jinelle into a sixth season and I can remember Judy saying that they were not ready to loose Lacey who was a 5 year veteran. If there is a cut off, which I doubt, it must be very recent. I think it is more a case of bodies giving out, life choices and maybe having already danced elsewhere. I think they will have to tackle Gina to get her out of that uniform and Lexie has married but still continues with DCC because she loves it.

On a separate note, I love the circle kicks. Haven't seen that before. I wonder when it dates from

Wasn't Jinelle 30/31 in her final season? I know she's ridiculously fit but it was definitely time to move on. Lacey could've stayed longer because she was only 18 when she made it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Wasn't Jinelle 30/31 in her final season? I know she's ridiculously fit but it was definitely time to move on. Lacey could've stayed longer because she was only 18 when she made it. 

And remember, Jinelle did a few years with that team in Australia. 

• Love 4

Being careful since this is spoiler thread because I like to be surprised... but I am SO excited I got a "sneak peek" segment show up on my DVR before the show tonight!  They mention Daphne's knee injury (hope its a tease not an issue) and Judy not being happy about the Kat brining back the cane. (My internal monologue is screaming Miss Kitty 'why do you have that prop?  What purpose? from an old tree scene) One dancer was really good but I thought she looked like she was cast for "Chicago"  From what I saw it should be a juicy season!!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

Being careful since this is spoiler thread because I like to be surprised... but I am SO excited I got a "sneak peek" segment show up on my DVR before the show tonight!  They mention Daphne's knee injury (hope its a tease not an issue) and Judy not being happy about the Kat brining back the cane. (My internal monologue is screaming Miss Kitty 'why do you have that prop?  What purpose? from an old tree scene) One dancer was really good but I thought she looked like she was cast for "Chicago"  From what I saw it should be a juicy season!!!!

The show doesn’t come on till next week 

Edited by Holly85
1 hour ago, Kamal said:

Does anyone have any data of the girls age? I want to know who is likely to retire just based on their age.

A lot of girls seem to keep it quiet but I did a little bit of research and found a posting on Gina's sisters IG celebrating Gina's 18th birthday, 10th Sept 2012. If my calculations are correct Gina was 27 yesterday.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mardo2044 said:

Just saw the sneak peak too! Dear Lord what did MR do to her face? Looks like she's had some plastic surgery & i'm not a fan...

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

Sneak Peak.  

OOF. "Stronger than ever, Daphne!" Way to jinx it Kelli 😅

YAS Jada & Claire! Knew that little fumble we saw of Claire's turn sequence earlier wouldn't impact how the judges saw her. From the short clips Caroline and Ashlee looked amazing, quickly becoming two of my favourite more senior veterans.

Watching Kelcey all I can think about is Kashara's solo that one year where at the end KF went "and thank you Ka-sexy!" 😂

Edited by BunnyHop96
Spelling of Ashlee's name, my bad!
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, TB12 said:

Just saw the sneak peak too! Dear Lord what did MR do to her face? Looks like she's had some plastic surgery & i'm not a fan...

It's weird because I thought her voice sounded different, too.  Like lower and not so perky.....

8 minutes ago, BunnyHop96 said:

OOF. "Stronger than ever, Daphne!" Way to jinx it Kelli 😅

YAS Jada & Claire! Knew that little fumble we saw of Claire's turn sequence earlier wouldn't impact how the judges saw her. From the short clips Caroline and Ashley looked amazing, quickly becoming two of my favourite more senior veterans.

Watching Kelcey all I can think about is Kashara's solo that one year where at the end KF went "and thank you Ka-sexy!" 😂

I think Charlotte's reaction to Claire is a definite sign of the future.....if she stays she will be point someday.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Opine said:

It's weird because I thought her voice sounded different, too.  Like lower and not so perky.....

I think Charlotte's reaction to Claire is a definite sign of the future.....if she stays she will be point someday.

Who, Charlotte or Claire? LOL

• LOL 4
7 hours ago, TB12 said:

4 hours ago, Opine said:

It's more than just a couple syringes of Botox in the forehead/bunny lines and filler in the nasal labial folds 😳 Her face doesn't move from the eyes up and the filler has impeded her ability to articulate words! I'm thinking blepharoplasty as well.

ETA: Now granted, I realize these are photographs with completely different facial expressions. The point is she couldn't move her face like the bottom photo now if she tried. I think there could be a rhinoplasty and a chin implant in there too. It's like she went full Kyle Richards minus the veneers.

Screenshot 2021-09-10 164211.jpg

Screenshot 2021-09-10 164608.jpg

Edited by RedDelicious
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

It's more than just a couple syringes of Botox in the forehead/bunny lines and filler in the nasal labial folds 😳 Her face doesn't move from the eyes up and the filler has impeded her ability to articulate words! I'm thinking blepharoplasty as well.

ETA: Now granted, I realize these are photographs with completely different facial expressions. The point is she couldn't move her face like the bottom photo now if she tried. I think there could be a rhinoplasty in there too. It's like she went full Kyle Richards minus the veneers.

She posts a lot about the treatments she gets…. Lots of specialized facials and laser treatments… wouldn’t be surprised if she’s done more though. I think she looks great! I myself have done filler in my nasolabial folds and LOVE the results. A small tweak like that can go a long way. 

• Love 5
On 8/28/2021 at 9:41 AM, DCC-UK said:

The videos of Amanda, Bre and Cailey in Jen's prep class confuse me because all three look amazing! They must suck at interviews or not look right (in Kelli's eyes) in the uniforms!

I love Ashley too, she seems so lovely and has loads of field experience.

I really like Bre.  Amanda is good, but I just am not sold. I like  Cailey ‘s look but she seemed less powerful to me. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

I’m thinking she did it to mess with them.  I wouldn’t be surprised if she actually just fakes she is going to use it and tosses it. 

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, MrsPriss said:

She posts a lot about the treatments she gets…. Lots of specialized facials and laser treatments… wouldn’t be surprised if she’s done more though. I think she looks great! I myself have done filler in my nasolabial folds and LOVE the results. A small tweak like that can go a long way. 

To quote Kelli “she frightens me.” 😊

Oddly enough I don’t have a problem with changing the architecture but once someone crosses over to the ultra smooth / stretched skin / no movement look, it creeps me out a bit! 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

Sneak Peak.  

Thanks for sharing this. Daphne looked beautiful, but knowing what happened with her knee I just feel so bad for her. Claire's dance was stunning and doing a tango theme was a fresh approach considering lyrical, jazz and hip-hop get done to death. As for Kat....oy! I don't know what's worse...the half up/half down hairdo with zero styling, the phoned in outfit or the return of the cane.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

ETA: Now granted, I realize these are photographs with completely different facial expressions. The point is she couldn't move her face like the bottom photo now if she tried. I think there could be a rhinoplasty and a chin implant in there too. It's like she went full Kyle Richards minus the veneers.

I really loved Melissa's look when she was a DCC. She was young, and fresh, and natural looking. Not all big boobs, peroxide blonde, and overdone make-up. 
I would never knock facial enchancements - I plan on doing this in my lifetime, for sure. 
But Melissa ruined what I most admired about her physical looks.
She is one that looks her very best the more natural she is.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

Sneak Peak.  

Ya know ..I don't mind listening to the judges fawn over a dancer when its actually warranted. Claire is amazing!! Didn't think it was possible, but she came back even stronger. She will be a future point for sure. 

• Love 16

I adore Claire and think she might be the best one on the team right now. I’d put her up there with Caroline, Kelcey and Gina. Actually I thjnk her lines are prettier and more fluid than Gina.
However Claire’s downfall is going to be weight. She’s just a little bit fleshier than the typical DCC and while I think she looks amazing, tptb might not. Say what we want about VK and hate to turn this into another VK post, but when she was being groomed to be front and center I feel like they chose more taller, size 4 instead of 00 girls like Claire, Sydney, kelcey, hannah, etc to balance it out.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I adore Claire and think she might be the best one on the team right now. I’d put her up there with Caroline, Kelcey and Gina. Actually I thjnk her lines are prettier and more fluid than Gina.
However Claire’s downfall is going to be weight. She’s just a little bit fleshier than the typical DCC and while I think she looks amazing, tptb might not. Say what we want about VK and hate to turn this into another VK post, but when she was being groomed to be front and center I feel like they chose more taller, size 4 instead of 00 girls like Claire, Sydney, kelcey, hannah, etc to balance it out.

*Kashara has entered the chat* hahaha I think K&J know who has the power/showmanship to hold the point position and don't think it really comes down to weight! There definitely has been a shift since the girls are so so petite now. Staying hopeful, I love Claire too!

Edit: As I was making coffee this morning I also remembered Maddie! And that was just last year!

Edited by DCC93
  • Love 9

I saw this meme mentioned in a news article earlier today & thought I would go back & find it & post about it here for fun (you know: no more worries about muffin tops, hair styles, etc.). Googled it & was shocked at the amount of Fact Check articles that immediately came up about it (the original article I saw earlier was not a fact check article). Did anyone actually take this seriously? 🤦‍♀️

Screenshot_20210910-224439_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210910-224458_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210910-224535_Chrome.jpg

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, hannahbanana said:

I saw this meme mentioned in a news article earlier today & thought I would go back & find it & post about it here for fun (you know: no more worries about muffin tops, hair styles, etc.). Googled it & was shocked at the amount of Fact Check articles that immediately came up about it (the original article I saw earlier was not a fact check article). Did anyone actually take this seriously? 🤦‍♀️

This was mentioned on the non show topic sub forum 

Also, the fact that these women are dancing at THIS level, after literal lifetimes of training, all to do some tired choreography as football cheerleaders...it never ceases to have me shook. It gets starker every year as the talent they attract increases (for some reason). It's so wild...but that's showbiz baby...

• Love 21
7 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I miss Bridget 

UGH ... YES! 

She was SUCH a cheerleader. She was SUCH a DCC. She was/is SUCH a great friend by all accounts. 

She's just SUCH A WOMAN! 🙂

• Love 22
6 hours ago, vanillagum said:

Also, the fact that these women are dancing at THIS level, after literal lifetimes of training, all to do some tired choreography as football cheerleaders...it never ceases to have me shook. It gets starker every year as the talent they attract increases (for some reason). It's so wild...but that's showbiz baby...

The friends I have that did cheerleading for NFL and other professional sports teams allllll did it just to keep dancing and performing.  One had been a very elite ballerina, but after an injury couldn’t perform at that level again.  She said it also her trying new styles of dance (technique Tuesday’s for DCC, etc.) Most enjoyed the community service aspects too.

Now, there’s a love of dancing but for many they’re also able to roll in affiliate marketing opportunities.  People used to read the Sunday paper, now the target audience scrolls their Instagram feed and clicks on a cute outfit or to learn more about a service. Its amazing how much marketing has changed. 

As for the meme, I wish people weren’t so gullible and willing to do a google search any time they see an iffy headline. Sigh.  But nah, spreading misinformation is way more fun and look at what it gets us!  That said, kudos to the meme creator for a beautiful photoshop. Lol. I swear the most wretched lie can be put in a professional font and people will eat it up. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
15 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I started to post it, but figured the topic might be too controversial.   The photoshop is great and I found it funny so...

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 9/10/2021 at 9:23 AM, ByTor said:

And remember, Jinelle did a few years with that team in Australia. 

I think it was 7 years of pro cheer in Australia! Unreal how she performed at that level so long.

Thanks for the sneak peek clip of the vet solos! Yaaaasss to Ashlee dancing so fierce! Caroline looked on fire, which makes her being moved back/down in the formations even more of a mystery/downer for me. And Kelsey! OMG, she looked so sexy and fierce. I'm a fan of all three and have been since their rookie seasons. I could get down with an Ashlee-Caroline-Kelsey triangle. Amber would have to be behind point, because I lurv her, too. 

Claire is great, and I love watching her. But my thing with her as point is what K & J pointed out early on: she looks like she looks down a lot. I'm not sure if it's also smaller eyes or her makeup, but that diminishes her photo quality, which Kelli cares about a lot at point, as we know. She also can look amazing in photos, but in both pics and videos, I feel like she should be projecting up more. I'd love to see her work on that and slay all. Everything else is just so gorgeous to watch with her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Claire is great, and I love watching her. But my thing with her as point is what K & J pointed out early on: she looks like she looks down a lot. I'm not sure if it's also smaller eyes or her makeup, but that diminishes her photo quality, which Kelli cares about a lot at point, as we know. She also can look amazing in photos, but in both pics and videos, I feel like she should be projecting up more. I'd love to see her work on that and slay all. Everything else is just so gorgeous to watch with her.

I have not noticed before that Claire looks down, but if she does that's something she can work on if it's brought to her attention. She seems like the type who, if there's something she needs to improve, she will address it immediately.

• Love 4
On 9/11/2021 at 12:53 AM, Bellisima08 said:

As for Kat....oy! I don't know what's worse...the half up/half down hairdo with zero styling, the phoned in outfit or the return of the cane.

I’ve never been much of a Kat fan, but for me, this seals the deal… The outfit hurts my eyes, hair looks horrible and the cane should have been snapped in two and burned after that disastrous rookie final. But…I haven’t seen her solo so I’m guessing her dancing made up for the rest of the disastrous choices (since she made the team again)

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I’ve never been much of a Kat fan, but for me, this seals the deal… The outfit hurts my eyes, hair looks horrible and the cane should have been snapped in two and burned after that disastrous rookie final. But…I haven’t seen her solo so I’m guessing her dancing made up for the rest of the disastrous choices (since she made the team again)

I want to think that her finals performance is going to focus on being light and humorous.  Why else would she dress like an 80’s aerobic instructor and carry that damn cane.

41 minutes ago, LilyD said:

And show group

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Lona said:

Let the good times roll!!! 

Amber is engaged! :) 

5ECD5F1B-A858-4D26-B66F-51D3A32956F9.jpeg

Oooo cute dress! She's one of the only girls on the team whose style I actually appreciate and like 🥴 everyone else (minus a few) desperately need the Fab Five from Queer Eye to visit their closets lol. I clearly woke up and chose violence today! 🤣 Congrats to Amber!!!

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, DCC93 said:

Oooo cute dress! She's one of the only girls on the team whose style I actually appreciate and like 🥴 everyone else (minus a few) desperately need the Fab Five from Queer Eye to visit their closets lol. I clearly woke up and chose violence today! 🤣 Congrats to Amber!!!

I was thinking the same thing about her dress!  I was also thinking "Who's the designer?" and "Where can I get it in MY size?"  Granted, it won't look the same on me as it does on her, but . . . 

• Love 6