Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, vanillagum said:

yeah amy is so dull...i will never understand that choice. was it mostly because tenure? i am confusion 

They didn’t have many options that year. Tess isn’t strong enough for point and I guess they didn’t think Heather was either. Gina, Lexie, Bridget, and Rachel were 2nd/3rd years so I guess they wanted someone more senior.

• Love 3

IMO, when it comes to what makes a good point, it is charisma and a little bit of sass. You can be the best dancer on the team, but not make a great point. 

I think Kashara was fantastic as point. She looked like she was having the best time and her smile drew me in. I wish Bridget would have stayed. She had the same sparkle and always looked like she was having the time of her life.

Maddie had a bit of liveliness, while Amy and Rachel W don't seem to have the same fire as the best points.

Again, all my opinion. 

If you could pick one gal (regardless of seniority, etc.) from the current team, who would you select to be the sole point?

• Love 22
28 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

If you could pick one gal (regardless of seniority, etc.) from the current team, who would you select to be the sole point?

Chandi or Kat.

Some people don't like Kat but she has everything Kashara had.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

Claire is the best dancer in her year but I don't feel like I've seen enough spark from her yet. (spark as in point material. She has enough spark as a solo dancer). But I hope I get to see some of that from this season.

The other dancer I like is Marissa but some people might not like her facial expressions from the same reason as Gina. But I think she'll be able to nail her expressions to just enough as time passess.

Edited by Kamal
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Agent Gully said:

IMO, when it comes to what makes a good point, it is charisma and a little bit of sass. You can be the best dancer on the team, but not make a great point. 

I think Kashara was fantastic as point. She looked like she was having the best time and her smile drew me in. I wish Bridget would have stayed. She had the same sparkle and always looked like she was having the time of her life.

Maddie had a bit of liveliness, while Amy and Rachel W don't seem to have the same fire as the best points.

Again, all my opinion. 

I liked Amy at point.

current team id have Chandi or Kelcey. Love them both, always loved Kelcey since her rookie season, although Amanda & Lily were my total favourites from their class for different reasons and I thought for sure Amanda would end up at point, Chandi has really upped it and really grabbed my attention in the triangle and is just 🔥

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CT5bXlCN65w/?utm_medium=copy_link

this 👆🏻 Has got me excited for tomorrow - loved the older ladies on it 😂 - I know it starts tonight but being UK I won’t see it until tomorrow 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Jenn is the only one that stood out to me as not looking great. It might have been the shirt choice, but I never cared for her as point. 

Love Mia, Kashara, Amy, and Maddie in this. Unpopular opinion, I think they all deserved point! Especially Kashara and Maddie. I must be a sucker for showmanship and that extra zing and pop.

Jenn should have worn a different shirt. That definitely would have improved things. I always liked Jenn and was happy with her as point. Maddie surprised me. I never cared for her as point but she aced it here. 
As for Amy; she always looked a solid blender to me, but no, not point. And in a team of 36 you need those dancers. I also think she was a great team mate and I would have been happy to have had her as my group leader over the other three. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

I liked Amy at point.

current team id have Chandi or Kelcey. Love them both, always loved Kelcey since her rookie season, although Amanda & Lily were my total favourites from their class for different reasons and I thought for sure Amanda would end up at point, Chandi has really upped it and really grabbed my attention in the triangle and is just 🔥

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CT5bXlCN65w/?utm_medium=copy_link

this 👆🏻 Has got me excited for tomorrow - loved the older ladies on it 😂 - I know it starts tonight but being UK I won’t see it until tomorrow 

I’m in the Uk, where will you be watching? I normally find a dodgy website to stream it from! 

17 minutes ago, MegzClarkie said:

I’m in the Uk, where will you be watching? I normally find a dodgy website to stream it from! 

Define dodgy? I have a website that is streaming fine as long as you don't mind having to put up with the boring adverts at the beginning but BUT once you get past that its streams and plays fine. If you want to try that, that is. 

The other option is if you have apple and have a "spare" apple device that you "do not care" (if that make sense) that you can't play movies from another country for 3 months each time then you could do what I do and make a US iTunes account and put a us address eg a hotel etc as address and just buy us gift cards and redeem that and buy the season pass that way. Thats the 2 options I do use anyway (I have a old 6yr old iphone that has a cracked at the bottom screen and poor batter so its now more used as a back up if anything happens to the phone I use atm)

• Useful 2
28 minutes ago, MegzClarkie said:

4 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Define dodgy? I have a website that is streaming fine as long as you don't mind having to put up with the boring adverts at the beginning but BUT once you get past that its streams and plays fine. If you want to try that, that is. 

The other option is if you have apple and have a "spare" apple device that you "do not care" (if that make sense) that you can't play movies from another country for 3 months each time then you could do what I do and make a US iTunes account and put a us address eg a hotel etc as address and just buy us gift cards and redeem that and buy the season pass that way. Thats the 2 options I do use anyway (I have a old 6yr old iphone that has a cracked at the bottom screen and poor batter so its now more used as a back up if anything happens to the phone I use atm)

My partner is like the streaming king, not sure what sites he uses but he uses a VPN so it thinks he’s in the states. He’s managed to find CMT on it or finds links people have shared to stream it from. 

yeah sounds pretty dodgy actually but as long as he gets the show for me to watch I don’t mind 😅

17 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CT23TQBpXYZ/?utm_medium=copy_link

I love Amy, but she is the weakest point

ITA. It doesn't even look like she's really trying compared to the others and looks more like she's marking it. I was ready for her to retire before becoming point. I think Rachel is a much better point than Amy was--more beautiful to look at in terms of face, hair, and body, and, I think, more pop to Rachel's dancing.

14 hours ago, Hailek said:

Hey y’all!! 

normally I can stream the episodes on Prime, since I don’t have cable but I can’t find it on prime or on Apple TV. Does anyone know if episodes will be available there? 

thank you! ❤️

I was coming on here to complain that, on the morning of the season premiere, the show is not available on iTunes yet. So, seems like it's not available anywhere yet and someone at MTT/CMT does not have the shit together. Hoping this is not a sign of a season with episodes becoming available days after they air. 

4 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Again, all my opinion. 

Oooo, that's impossible to me--I really like too many of the vets! I'm going with a dual-point pick, since that's what K&J are doing now, and I would go with Ashlee and Amber. I have loved them both since their rookie season. Also for future points, I'd pick (in order) Kelcey, Ellie, and Dani. I also really love Chandi, but I'm cool with her just being in the triangle. (For the record, I love Chandi in the triangle! And if she were to get point, I'd be thrilled for her and expect she'd do an excellent job!) 

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Dodgy as in something like watchmovies123 haha! If you don’t mind sharing your link with me then that would be amazing 😊

4 hours ago, MegzClarkie said:

Dodgy as in something like watchmovies123 haha! If you don’t mind sharing your link with me then that would be amazing 😊

People can get into trouble for sharing illegal streaming service links, but if you search for "tv live streaming services" you should be able to find several.

There are also services like Hulu and Sling that you can pay for.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, pancakes said:

Erin F.'s audition video is posted: https://www.instagram.com/p/CT7UVTVgJmD/

Does she make the team? Or are they just introducing us to TCCs they cut so far? I have to hunt up the roster, because I really don't know any new TCCs or who makes it, and I like to be fully spoiled when I watch the show. But, if anyone has one of those amazing rosters with pics on hand that one of the enterprising posters here has made, please feel free to share!

Also, here is my Bingo/drinking card for the auditions episodes:

DCCAuditionsBingo.jpg

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Again, all my opinion. 

Gina, because she deserves it. I hate her overdone performance facials and some of her face-changing injections, but she still inarguably deserves point.

If not Gina, I would pick Ashlee. I love Amber too but she has a little less sparkle. Ashlee’s only weakness is that she is very short, and I feel like the best point is somewhere mid-height.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Kamal said:

Chandi or Kat.

Some people don't like Kat but she has everything Kashara had.

Love Chandi. Would LOVE her to be sole point one day. I could even live with co-point. 

And I respectfully disagree about Kat. She has the looks and personality, but I don't see her as a leader and I really really do not see her as being on KaShara's level dancewise. With that being said, with her on SG this year I'm hoping to see lots of improvement. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Branmuffin said:

Heather was waaayyy better than Amy as choice for point, in my opinion.

Co-sign this Heather is a stunner and dances well, yet another big miss by tptb...

• Love 16
1 hour ago, TB12 said:

Co-sign this Heather is a stunner and dances well, yet another big miss by tptb...

Heather wasn’t made group leader until her last year, and probably wasn’t considered for point because Kelli was upset with her with what was referred to as a “personal issue” .  (On here, one of the insiders said she took some nude photos and they got out.)

• Useful 1

With the airing of the 1st episode of Season 16 tonight, I'd like to remind all that the episode thread is spoiler-free. If you wish to discuss something that has not yet happened on the episode, please bring it here. Thanks in advance!

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

14 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Dani, Chandi, or Ashlee. In fact, that would make a pretty BOMB triangle!

• Love 8
5 hours ago, MegzClarkie said:

She’s got some power but has the same smile throughout this video.. think showmanship might be her downfall! 

agreed! i've been trying to figure out what bothered me about her video all day...it's her feet! there are several times when her feet leave the floor that they aren't all the way pointed or flexed. it looks like she's trying to point them, but the energy doesn't go all the way through her toes. we used to call this having "biscuit feet" at my old dance studio 😂 you can really see it here in her turn:

Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 6.32.23 PM.png

Edited by chelena
found a better picture for what i was talking about :)
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Whoa.  I didn't realize Daphne ended up tearing both of her ACLS. 😢 What a brave young lady she is.  

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CT70XsiD_VO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Personally, I don’t consider it brave as much as  foolish. It’s possible that if she would’ve cared for her first injury properly, she might have avoided the second torn ACL and been able to come back to dancing sooner. I know this is the norm in professional activities, but I don’t agree with pushing one’s body and not giving injuries the necessary time to heal.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
16 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Personally, I don’t consider it brave as much as  foolish. It’s possible that if she would’ve cared for her first injury properly, she might have avoided the second torn ACL and been able to come back to dancing sooner. I know this is the norm in professional activities, but I don’t agree with pushing one’s body and not giving injuries the necessary time to heal.

I meant brave in how Daphne's handled everything.  I've been through a dance related knee injury so know first hand the battle and how emotionally & physically difficult the process is.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

What choice did she have. If TPTB insist on her having to defend her spot rather than giving her time to heal its not surprising it happened. I'm angry about it and have already posted about it earlier. If DCC value their veterans they shouldn't put them in that sort of situation. For the sake of a few more weeks healing they have lost an experienced dancer. I can't help thinking it was all for the drama and I'm angry.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

What choice did she have. If TPTB insist on her having to defend her spot rather than giving her time to heal its not surprising it happened. I'm angry about it and have already posted about it earlier. If DCC value their veterans they shouldn't put them in that sort of situation. For the sake of a few more weeks healing they have lost an experienced dancer. I can't help thinking it was all for the drama and I'm angry.

If a veteran wants to reaudition but they are legitimately injured, they should be given a pass to skip auditions and go straight to training camp. They have already proved that they have what it takes to be a part of the team, so why not give them a pass? Again it will all depend on the severity of the injury of course. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
On 9/14/2021 at 8:47 PM, kalibean said:

I thought it was really odd that Kashara being named group leader was used on today’s Instagram post, because that footage was from when she was announced second group leader to Erica’s leader.  And then they dubbed over it, and it was awkward even in the aired episodes. Of all the joyful announcements, that’s the one they picked? Lol. 

She was actually chosen as a main group leader her last season, so why not show that? Editing hijinks…sheesh. 

At first I didn't understand Erica being edited out so much, particularly since leaving for an injury didn't seem to rate high enough as a reason to remove the bulk of her presence. But then once the news of her lawsuit came out, it made a lot more sense. I mean maybe when TPTB were told she was suing them, they were like, "we've got to limit her exposure as much as possible." Of course, I've nothing to base this on, but it feels logical. From their perspective, she was no longer an employee & was in active litigation against them and while to us. the decision to edit her out was not logical, for them it may have been a better option from a legal standpoint.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

At first I didn't understand Erica being edited out so much, particularly since leaving for an injury didn't seem to rate high enough as a reason to remove the bulk of her presence. But then once the news of her lawsuit came out, it made a lot more sense. I mean maybe when TPTB were told she was suing them, they were like, "we've got to limit her exposure as much as possible." Of course, I've nothing to base this on, but it feels logical. From their perspective, she was no longer an employee & was in active litigation against them and while to us. the decision to edit her out was not logical, for them it may have been a better option from a legal standpoint.

She didn't leave because of injury, she left because she did not follow orders at the HoF game and was cut. She was supposed to stay in the locker room. Instead, she changed into street clothes, went into the stands, drank beer (even though she was injured and supposed to be in the locker room, she was "on the job" -- so drinking on the job) AND, just to top it off, posted herself drinking in the stands on social media.

The theory at the time was that they edited her out because they already had the Jenna/Holly debacle and didn't want to spend more time on yet another cheerleader breaking the rules.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
On 9/15/2021 at 2:06 AM, MeeMee2 said:

I also doubt they will address what happened with Victoria, especially if it is what most people are speculating. I bet we will have a clip of her all smiles with a Kelli voiceover wishing her the best and hoping to see her stronger next year.  Man ... That Shaina situation will never sit right with me. I'm so very glad she didn't take the bait when the pastor came in, but I hate that she even felt the need to explain herself afterwords and on camera. I feel that Shaina's cut had a little retaliation to it, because there is no way you can convince me that Meredith was the better pick over Shaina. 

Even if they don't address what happened with Victoria, I would be shocked if Kelli doesn't at least mention Victoria or her mother given her bond with them. Also I really hope that Victoria doesn't make some kind of appearance on the show such as coming to give a motivational speech during a rehearsal night or something. She's supposed to be taking a break and if she's popping up at TC multiple times, that kind of undercuts her whole thing about keeping a lower profile to deal with stuff.

And I totally agree about how Shaina should have stayed over Meredith because she just seemed to be a consistently better dancer. Meredith just always seemed to tire so easily and when she messed up, it showed on her face. Kelli probably took Shaina not playing ball & putting her sadness over the loss of her friends out there as her not being a "team player."

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

I would say Chandi, Kelcey or Claire. All of them seem to have the spark and the dancing ability that make them captivating to watch.

• Love 4

Help!!!! Where can I purchase the season.  I don't have cable but I have a tv with roku and I have Amazon Prime through which I have purchased and pre ordered each season.  This time I can't find season 16 on Amazon.  WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!!!  lol Any suggestions

5 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Idk if this was posted already but I am putting here anyways 

https://nypost.com/2021/09/17/inside-the-new-world-of-a-dallas-cowboys-cheerleader/

Also...Amanda 😭😭😭

I have to kind of laugh at this part having seen how much Kelli rules during makeovers. From what I've seen, the girls don't have a whole lot of choice (at least their first year or two). A lot less changes are being made, but I think that's only because they're only coming in with what they think Kelli will like (a smart move).

Screenshot_20210917-225036_Chrome.jpg

Edited by hannahbanana
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

Even if they don't address what happened with Victoria, I would be shocked if Kelli doesn't at least mention Victoria or her mother given her bond with them. Also I really hope that Victoria doesn't make some kind of appearance on the show such as coming to give a motivational speech during a rehearsal night or something. She's supposed to be taking a break and if she's popping up at TC multiple times, that kind of undercuts her whole thing about keeping a lower profile to deal with stuff.

And I totally agree about how Shaina should have stayed over Meredith because she just seemed to be a consistently better dancer. Meredith just always seemed to tire so easily and when she messed up, it showed on her face. Kelli probably took Shaina not playing ball & putting her sadness over the loss of her friends out there as her not being a "team player."

Forgive me for this q as I’m sure the answer is in here somewhere (spare me from scrolling!) but what is the speculated reason that Victoria didn’t try out?

• Love 1

What DCC/TCC have their solos posted online? Once again disappointed with the content of MTT editing. I have seen clips of Kristin’s, Kelcey’s, and Taylor’s posted on IG. And Jalyn and Dani. Who else?

Edited by StellaCL
Added names
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

Help!!!! Where can I purchase the season.  I don't have cable but I have a tv with roku and I have Amazon Prime through which I have purchased and pre ordered each season.  This time I can't find season 16 on Amazon.  WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!!!  lol Any suggestions

Season 16 is on Amazon Prime now....I just purchased it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1