Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, allitator said:

So it was certainly never mentioned that season, but it was my understanding that it either happened in training camp or had at the very least not been enough to impede her audition.

The only time I heard any mention of Erica's injury was when it was given as a reason for her departure before her last season aired. That was one of the jarring things about that season because when I'd heard she was injured, I expected to see it referenced on the show, but then Erica's presence was barely acknowledged, the injury  was never addressed and then she was just gone. It was just very weird. Speaking of Erica though, she just got married so good for her!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bellisima08 said:

The only time I heard any mention of Erica's injury was when it was given as a reason for her departure before her last season aired. That was one of the jarring things about that season because when I'd heard she was injured, I expected to see it referenced on the show, but then Erica's presence was barely acknowledged, the injury  was never addressed and then she was just gone. It was just very weird. Speaking of Erica though, she just got married so good for her!

I thought it was really odd that Kashara being named group leader was used on today’s Instagram post, because that footage was from when she was announced second group leader to Erica’s leader.  And then they dubbed over it, and it was awkward even in the aired episodes. Of all the joyful announcements, that’s the one they picked? Lol. 

She was actually chosen as a main group leader her last season, so why not show that? Editing hijinks…sheesh. 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I thought it was really odd that Kashara being named group leader was used on today’s Instagram post, because that footage was from when she was announced second group leader to Erica’s leader.  And then they dubbed over it, and it was awkward even in the aired episodes. Of all the joyful announcements, that’s the one they picked? Lol. 

She was actually chosen as a main group leader her last season, so why not show that? Editing hijinks…sheesh. 

Its the same thing with them using Kalyssa in almost every countdown post, why not use a famous dcc from previous seasons than use a DCC who didn't even finish their rookie year? The DCCMTT marketers are just as bad as the official DCC marketing team in my opinion 🙄🙄🙄

There was so much potential for the countdown posts but its like they used the same clips from season 12/13 episodes. Why not use clips from season 1-10 so new viewers want to watch every season! 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

I am right there with you about being antsy for Friday. I'm kind of hoping that they do address Victoria's departure, but I'm also prepared that they might not out of "respect for her privacy" which would be hypocritical of them considering that they put the loss of Shaina's friends out front & center in that one episode 2 years ago. Also can't wait to see Madeline S's journey through training camp.

If they don’t address Victoria’s absence how will everyone know how “brave, mature and unselfish” she is?  I guess if it isn’t addressed on the show we can just take her word for it. 🙄

• LOL 15
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, KatieC said:

If they don’t address Victoria’s absence how will everyone know how “brave, mature and unselfish” she is?  I guess if it isn’t addressed on the show we can just take her word for it. 🙄

I don’t see them addressing it on the show as she stepped back before they started filming she never entered training camp 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

Yeah in the last few years there have been a couple of instances of fires being started from gender reveal parties due to poor mishandling of explosive devices. I've also heard a few stories about people being killed from explosive accidents so I'm kind of irritated by the trend now as nothing is worth the amount of property damage or loss of life.

I am right there with you about being antsy for Friday. I'm kind of hoping that they do address Victoria's departure, but I'm also prepared that they might not out of "respect for her privacy" which would be hypocritical of them considering that they put the loss of Shaina's friends out front & center in that one episode 2 years ago. Also can't wait to see Madeline S's journey through training camp.

This. All of it. Especially your second paragraph. I guess though when you think about it, hypocrisy is a common theme..

I also hate gender reveals, the trend has caught on over here. I just uploaded my scan to my Facebook and said “it’s a boy”

• Love 7

I genuinely still cannot understand why Amanda quite for the vaccination policy. I'm not trying to criticize her for being an anti-vaxxer (at least in this post) but I'm just surprised she didn't choose to get it against her wishes just to stay on the team. If she was a blender that wasn't on show-group I understand her putting her belief and health above DCC(which is still nonsense since the vaccination protects you but we're not going to talk about that). But Amanda was a runner up for point. If she had stayed for two more years she was going to get it. And Amanda isn't doing DCC as a side hustle like Taylor but she was doing it to up her resume and become a star.  I genuinely thought she would get the vaccination even if she was an anti-vaxxer just to stay on DCC. I thought she would get it even if she believed in all the nonsense anti-vaccine conspiracy theories because she wants to become a star at any cost. I thought she was that kind of person. I guess she didn't crave stardom as much as I thought she would. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Kamal said:

I genuinely still cannot understand why Amanda quite for the vaccination policy. I'm not trying to criticize her for being an anti-vaxxer (at least in this post) but I'm just surprised she didn't choose to get it against her wishes just to stay on the team. If she was a blender that wasn't on show-group I understand her putting her belief and health above DCC(which is still nonsense since the vaccination protects you but we're not going to talk about that). But Amanda was a runner up for point. If she had stayed for two more years she was going to get it. And Amanda isn't doing DCC as a side hustle like Taylor but she was doing it to up her resume and become a star.  I genuinely thought she would get the vaccination even if she was an anti-vaxxer just to stay on DCC. I thought she would get it even if she believed in all the nonsense anti-vaccine conspiracy theories because she wants to become a star at any cost. I thought she was that kind of person. I guess she didn't crave stardom as much as I thought she would. 

It has never been confirmed that is why she quit. It is only a rumour that someone (Amanda, by default) quit because of the vax requirement -- started by someone overhearing at a salon that "several" were quitting because of the vax requirement.

As someone else mentioned earlier, Amanda just seemed to be over being a DCC (not posting anything about it on insta, etc.). Why she waited to quit until after training camp started, who knows.

If she does "crave stardom" and "wants to be a star at any cost" she has probably gotten all she is going to out of DCC in that regard. Staying to be point isn't going to get her any more "stardom" out of being a DCC than it already has.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
31 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

It has never been confirmed that is why she quit. It is only a rumour that someone (Amanda, by default) quit because of the vax requirement -- started by someone overhearing at a salon that "several" were quitting because of the vax requirement.

As someone else mentioned earlier, Amanda just seemed to be over being a DCC (not posting anything about it on insta, etc.). Why she waited to quit until after training camp started, who knows.

If she does "crave stardom" and "wants to be a star at any cost" she has probably gotten all she is going to out of DCC in that regard. Staying to be point isn't going to get her any more "stardom" out of being a DCC than it already has.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTxz248Mvuq/?utm_medium=copy_link

This was on her Instagram 2 days ago. It seems very recent. If it is then she may have left the team but not Fort Worth or friendships with other cheerleaders. That would point to a vaccination stand to me.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, KatieC said:

It would be typical of TPTB to not address Victoria's sudden absence. However after shoving her down our throats it would be odd not to... and to whoever runs to Reddit to report everything that happens here, this is on TPTB. If they didn't treat her like the second coming nobody would notice if she didn't return...

• Love 16
On 9/14/2021 at 3:44 PM, Weeklydcc said:

Amber Laiche's journey.  I don't recall if she made it or not. 

Amber Laiche

Thank you for posting this. Amber made the squad.

Reading through Amber L's journey I noticed that she was very much encouraged by Megan Hurley. Megan Hurley? At first I was: who is Megan Hurley, I don't know a DCC named Hurley. I had to look it up. But then I saw it:

Megan Hurley's maiden name is Carcioppolo!

Megan Hurley-Carcioppolo was wonderful. And she still is wonderful. One of my all time favorites. #TeamMegan

We couldn't enjoy Megan's presence for that long because she was only 2 years on the team. Only two years! I don't think that the girls that later on got to be point, would have been point if Megan would have stayed. She was a powerhouse.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTxz248Mvuq/?utm_medium=copy_link

This was on her Instagram 2 days ago. It seems very recent. If it is then she may have left the team but not Fort Worth or friendships with other cheerleaders. That would point to a vaccination stand to me.

Except the whole "someone left because of the vaccine mandate" stems wholely from this Reddit post:

LongtimeLurker_DCC

Longtime reader, first time poster :)

I don’t know the “who” but I just overheard the “why” when I was getting my hair cut today.....apparently the NFL is going to require everyone on the field to be vaccinated. Kelli told the girls to get vaccinated or bow out and several resigned last night and several other are thinking it over. Like I said, no names were mentioned, at least while I was within earshot.

My own personal guess is that they’ll be looking for a new point because based on her political leanings, I can’t imagine Rachel W getting vaccinated.

Lemonbus only stated 2 resigned for differing reasons & Dr. M said one was a big name.

We definitely know "several" didn't resign -- so that puts doubt on the rumour right there. Fact is, we don't know why she resigned & may never know if Amanda never says why. A statement on the show, while more reliable than the above rumour, is even still suspect since we all know they like to edit things to fit their narrative. So, if Amanda says it herself or they address it on the show, okay. Otherwise, pure rumour.

If this one post was never made on Reddit, would this even be one of the reasons why people are guessing Amanda quit? Time to put this rumour to rest until there is some actual confirmation.

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
19 hours ago, kalibean said:

I was watching this on Amazon last week, and they show Judy calling Erica as GL and KaShara running up.  So someone messed up on the editing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

I can't wait! I may even pay and download the episode. Solos and SG auditions are my favorite s and usually the best episodes in the season. I also doubt they will address what happened with Victoria, especially if it is what most people are speculating. I bet we will have a clip of her all smiles with a Kelli voiceover wishing her the best and hoping to see her stronger next year.  Man ... That Shaina situation will never sit right with me. I'm so very glad she didn't take the bait when the pastor came in, but I hate that she even felt the need to explain herself afterwords and on camera. I feel that Shaina's cut had a little retaliation to it, because there is no way you can convince me that Meredith was the better pick over Shaina. 

Since Victoria’s reasons for taking a year off are personal, I doubt they will be revealed on the show.  I agree that Shaina was a much better choice that Meredith, or even Lily.

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

Since Victoria’s reasons for taking a year off are personal, I doubt they will be revealed on the show.  I agree that Shaina was a much better choice that Meredith, or even Lily.

Wouldn't it be something if Victoria is the one who left because of the vaccine mandate?😅

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4

My guess? Victoria’s absence will be completely ignored this season and if she comes back, it will be with a grand entrance next year and an amazing storyline on  how she made it back and maybe why she left. 

• Love 18
On 9/14/2021 at 4:28 PM, chelena said:

the technique looks like it's there for madisyn! i just wish she wouldn't have pushed for so many turns 😬 while doing 5 turns (even if there's a hop or two) is impressive, for me at least it's much more impressive to see a super clean triple turn. i'll be interested to see what madisyn was cut for...possibly something related to power and punch?

Honestly, my immediate thought when she first filled my screen and I read her age at the bottom was, she's 22?! My second thought was, tell me she didn't make the team. Just not a DCC to me. I suspect that her appearance--slightly matured and dare I say a little hard for one so young--might have factored into her cut, and certainly that slightly messy dancing could have contributed, based on this video. Good dancer, but neither her looks nor her moves did anything for me. I know nothing else about her and am in full support of that cut. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, M1977G said:
On 9/15/2021 at 5:28 AM, chelena said:

the technique looks like it's there for madisyn! i just wish she wouldn't have pushed for so many turns 😬 while doing 5 turns (even if there's a hop or two) is impressive, for me at least it's much more impressive to see a super clean triple turn. i'll be interested to see what madisyn was cut for...possibly something related to power and punch?

Honestly, my immediate thought when she first filled my screen and I read her age at the bottom was, she's 22?! My second thought was, tell me she didn't make the team. Just not a DCC to me. I suspect that her appearance--slightly matured and dare I say a little hard for one so young--might have factored into her cut, and certainly that slightly messy dancing could have contributed, based on this video. Good dancer, but neither her looks nor her moves did anything for me. I know nothing else about her and am in full support of that cut. 

I know nothing about dancing but I think Cassie and Claire D from last training camp had a better audition video. Wonder why these two couldn't make tc over Madisyn. Cassie kinda grew on me this past year so I was hoping she would come back to tc.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, Lona said:

... which is? 

That Victoria has been fitting into those little DCC shorts in an unhealthy way and it finally caught up with her.  And it was a mutual decision between her and TPTB was she took a year off and come back stronger next year. IMO Victoria looked ... different in her last SG performance before she mysteriously wasn't featured anymore. That's literally the only reason I'm inclined to believe that rumor. Trying to be tactful. :P 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

That Victoria has been fitting into those little DCC shorts in an unhealthy way and it finally caught up with her.  And it was a mutual decision between her and TPTB was she took a year off and come back stronger next year. IMO Victoria looked ... different in her last SG performance before she mysteriously wasn't featured anymore. That's literally the only reason I'm inclined to believe that rumor. Trying to be tactful. :P 

To be fair, if it is this, then Victoria's decision was indeed brave and mature. As someone who has had similar struggles to Victoria's rumored ones, making the decision to recognize your condition for what it is and seek help is an incredibly hard thing to do. If she not only did that, but made a conscious decision to give up her life's dream...yeah. Girl sure as heck did a brave and mature thing. Did she maybe come across as a little self-aggrandizing on Instagram when she called herself that? Certainly. But sometimes you have to remind yourself that what you're doing is right and that you're strong for doing it, because those kinds of things get in your head and convince you that you're weak and never going to be enough and that recovery is pointless. When I read her statement, it seemed more like she was still convincing herself that what she was doing was right, rather than trying to explain to everyone else how great she was.

• Love 18
On 9/15/2021 at 5:28 AM, chelena said:
On 9/15/2021 at 5:10 AM, Holly85 said:

Did they choose to only show case Madisyn's audition video? Since it says "First up, Madisyn! " I bet they are going to show us all the videos, but wow what nice idea to only show one at this point to stir up the fans and letting us have a favorite before the season starts. Good job....

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Kamal said:

Did they choose to only show case Madisyn's audition video? Since it says "First up, Madisyn! " I bet they are going to show us all the videos, but wow what nice idea to only show one at this point to stir up the fans and letting us have a favorite before the season starts. Good job....

Right hopefully they release more then just hers 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Maybe she figured it wasn't as dreamy as she thought it would be?   Maybe it was actually a nightmare and too much pressure?  

I don't know but was wondering.

I don't think it was this. She seems pretty set on reauditioning.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

The only problem with this is is she going to be able to "fit into those tiny DCC shorts" in a healthy way? Her body type is against her in this. If she really does have a problem with doing unhealthy things to maintain the DCC standard, perhaps it's better to walk away and be healthy rather than risk falling back into that trap again.

• Love 10

Hey y’all!! 

normally I can stream the episodes on Prime, since I don’t have cable but I can’t find it on prime or on Apple TV. Does anyone know if episodes will be available there? 

thank you! ❤️

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CT5bXlCN65w/?utm_medium=copy_link

new promo with Kelly and Judy looking at the online auditions, honestly I think some of the ones that didn’t make it to the finals looked better in this video than the video they posted of madisyns audition, I’m surprised she made it into finals at all seeing some of the ones in this video that didn’t make it that far.

Edited by Branmuffin
Typo
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Little Eden said:

Yes!  Even Maddie, who I never though was point-worthy, looks great here compared to Amy.  Sweet girl, but so so bland.

Even though I love them as individuals, I still really don’t like the Amy/Maddie point combo. Lacey should have stayed another year and been point that year.

Edited by dccfan204
Added a disclaimer that I love them both
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CT23TQBpXYZ/?utm_medium=copy_link

I love Amy, but she is the weakest point

I agree. While I thought Amy seemed like a solid dancer, leader, and teammate (from what we see on the show), there’s not enough power or projection for the top spot. I think they appreciated her reliability and dedication after the drama from the previous few years and wanted to reward that.

I also thought Jennifer’s “V’s” with her arms were too wide, but that’s just personal preference.

That being said, they all looked great. It was cool to see the variety in their dance styles. I particularly liked Kashara’s power and Maddie’s sass.

Edited by pancakes
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, pancakes said:

I agree. While I thought Amy seemed like a solid dancer, leader, and teammate (from what we see on the show), there’s not enough power or projection for the top spot. I also thought Jennifer’s “V’s” with her arms were too wide, but that’s just personal preference.

That being said, they all looked great. It was cool to see the variety in their dance styles. I particularly liked Kashara’s power and Maddie’s sass.

I never really liked Jenn's dance style. Just power with no personality... 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

not a huge maddie fan, but she looks freaking awesome here. same sentiment for kashara lol

yeah amy is so dull...i will never understand that choice. was it mostly because tenure? i am confusion 

also i want someone to teach me the whole dance dammit. at this point it's stuck in my head and i fantasize about doing it all day long lmao. i'm subconsciously yearning for it!

Edited by vanillagum
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

Jenn is the only one that stood out to me as not looking great. It might have been the shirt choice, but I never cared for her as point. 

Love Mia, Kashara, Amy, and Maddie in this. Unpopular opinion, I think they all deserved point! Especially Kashara and Maddie. I must be a sucker for showmanship and that extra zing and pop.

• Love 10

Okay I usually hate the advertisement the DCC does and not because they're ads but because they are badly made and most of the time cringe, but this one was worth watching.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT5lGyLJi7n/

It has the girls personality in it. So fun to watch and it made me want some guacamole. Nice advertisement ;)

I hope all the other ads the DCC does will have this quality....

Jada is so cute in this too.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Branmuffin said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CT5bXlCN65w/?utm_medium=copy_link

new promo with Kelly and Judy looking at the online auditions, honestly I think some of the ones that didn’t make it to the finals looked better in this video than the video they posted of madisyns audition, I’m surprised she made it into finals at all seeing some of the ones in this video that didn’t make it that far.

I hope they release all of the audition videos like they did last year!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kamal said:

Okay I usually hate the advertisement the DCC does and not because they're ads but because they are badly made and most of the time cringe, but this one was worth watching.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT5lGyLJi7n/

It has the girls personality in it. So fun to watch and it made me want some guacamole. Nice advertisement ;)

I hope all the other ads the DCC does will have this quality....

Jada is so cute in this too.

Guac  and chips for the win 

Edited by Holly85
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1