Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

21 hours ago, lexie3248 said:

I believe it when they say the camera adds 10 pounds. I saw Kim Kardashian across the street in LA and she is actually really thin in-person and really beautiful too. 

Yes anyone who says the camera never lies is lying. It's a contraption designed to catch the same image the eye sees and it does it to varying degree of success depending on the skill of the photographer, the quality of the lens and camera, the lighting etc.. That before we even get to photoshop! That's why I used the CMT image. It's video, recent and won't have been messed with.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

There are ways to lead and to be strict without being a "taskmaster" or "martinet".  Many such people are also able to be clear and concise with both critique and praise.  They set clear expectations and are able to hold people to those expectations as well as explain what the consequences are for failure as well for success.  They are often approachable, but can be stern when needed and aren't afraid to do what's needed WHEN it's needed.  They often go to the mat for their people when it's warranted and can play the politician/diplomat when they need to get what they need.

Yeah, i'm purely talking from the point of view of the tv show and the entertainment factor.

• Love 3
On 9/3/2021 at 11:44 AM, GaveIn said:

I get maybe wanting to keep Thunderstuck as the song but that doesn’t mean they can’t tweak the dance each season. Seriously, switching up the entrance and kick line entrance (the circles) each home game should be easy for world class, but even maybe having a couple different ones each season, I think the crowd would enjoy.  Also, I’m ok with the tags during the games not changing much, but after all these years, seeing the same 8 counts repeated in different orders for other performances (plaza, quarter changes, etc) is actually kinda disappointing. 

I have noticed minor change in choreography. They aren’t too noticeable but if you memorized the dance before, you can tell what’s new. Also, I wouldn’t mind seeing them do the field entrance from the corners like they did for the Christmas show one year at AT&T

I also made an attempt to recreate the DCC intro music for a new YouTube channel. Tell me what you guys think. 

Edited by bentheswimmer11
  • Love 2
On 9/4/2021 at 1:26 PM, EricaShadows said:

There are ways to lead and to be strict without being a "taskmaster" or "martinet".  Many such people are also able to be clear and concise with both critique and praise.  They set clear expectations and are able to hold people to those expectations as well as explain what the consequences are for failure as well for success.  They are often approachable, but can be stern when needed and aren't afraid to do what's needed WHEN it's needed.  They often go to the mat for their people when it's warranted and can play the politician/diplomat when they need to get what they need.

You make very good points. Being a leader, director or manager doesn't mean you need to run things with an iron fist, yelling all the time. Of course there are people who think that, once they get in a position of power, they go into "it's my way or the highway" mode and like to be feared & hold that power over the heads of others. I used to think that Kelli was not like that, but after certain things over the last few seasons, particularly when it came to Victoria, I think Kelli has been on a bit of a power trip & has shown pleasure in flexing that power & holding it over others (like with poor Jalyn by taking her off show group & giving Victoria her spot). As for Jackie Bob, while based on the show we all see Jackie Bob as nice and funny (which I'm sure she is), when she's in business mode she could very well have a stern & focused side. I know when I'm in a focused work mode & trying to get something done, I'm a bit less chatty & more serious. Whoever does take over from Kelli in the future, I would just want someone who can balance being approachable to the girls with the focus & expectations of making the team great...and of course bringing in some innovation.

On 9/4/2021 at 6:41 PM, bentheswimmer11 said:

I have noticed minor change in choreography. They aren’t too noticeable but if you memorized the dance before, you can tell what’s new. Also, I wouldn’t mind seeing them do the field entrance from the corners like they did for the Christmas show one year at AT&T

I made an attempt to recreate the DCC intro music for a new YouTube channel. Tell me what you guys think. 

This sounds awesome! Well done!

Edited by Bellisima08
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Oh you mean the ones with Haley in them:)

Yep, we get Haley, Kelli, Judy and thankfully one interesting DCC. The earlier podcasts with Courtney were much better with two and often three DCC. The only problem with "Boots in the bubble" was the absence of "fresh blood". I really hope the class of 2020 and the class of 2021 get a lot of podcast exposure.

Edited by PomPomPom
Grammar
  • Love 3

Someone mentioned that Lauren was one of two RN’s that worked in the plastic surgeon’s office. Actually Lauren was an experienced cardiac nurse who worked on a cardiac unit at the hospital where she could see the stadium out a window.  As far as I recall she eventually quit working to concentrate on DCC.
Collin studied for the NCLEX,thelicensing exam, & once she passed, she started working with Jackie Bob.

• Love 5

I cannot for the life of me figure out why the countdown clips feature so many girls who were cut from training camp. And they are often the first ones featured too! It makes no sense. Cute concept but I keep getting distracted by the girls who never made the squad.

• Love 11

There were  four unexpected vets that left the squad ( including my fav Amanda).pretty much last minute and not retirements. ..If all four would have stayed do you think any vets would have been cut this year? and who....

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, MonaMechelle said:

I cannot for the life of me figure out why the countdown clips feature so many girls who were cut from training camp. And they are often the first ones featured too! It makes no sense. Cute concept but I keep getting distracted by the girls who never made the squad.

I'm actually more disappointed that they are not featuring the season 15 girls that much. Or at least the people who are currently on the squad. But we can't be mad. We have to remember that the people who made the videos are the people working for CMT (MTT). And not DCC itself. They only care about featuring the people who were the most watched because that's what will git the views. It makes sense. 

I just hoped the DCC marketing team did something more interesting to promote the show. Like have all the vets do an instagram takeover. Or just let the rookies announce they are on the team since the game has started and everyone who knows their instagram accounts at this point knows that they are in!!

• Love 13

Remember when Covid just started and Texas was under restriction each DCC did an Instagram takeover everyday? That was so fun to have each girl featured every day. Why can't they do that? I won't complain even if they do a "I always get my teeth whitened at this sponsor" at the end. Just let the girls do an Instagram takeover....

If not now at least after the show ends so all 36 ladies can have a turn?

Please? 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, MonaMechelle said:

Yes! Today’s was particularly bad because it featured malena, Vivian and Tampa Bay Megan. So not just cut DCC, but the ones most likely to stir the pot and/or have said the body judgment on the show had a negative longer term impact. Made me feel uncomfortable.  I know the goal is social media engagement, but there are ways to do it that don’t feel exploitive IMO. 

On the other hand, Katherine Dunn cracked me up when she commented on the solo snips. She has a good sense of humor about things now in a way she didn’t after her second cut from camp. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Kamal said:

I'm actually more disappointed that they are not featuring the season 15 girls that much. Or at least the people who are currently on the squad. But we can't be mad. We have to remember that the people who made the videos are the people working for CMT (MTT). And not DCC itself. They only care about featuring the people who were the most watched because that's what will git the views. It makes sense. 

I just hoped the DCC marketing team did something more interesting to promote the show. Like have all the vets do an instagram takeover. Or just let the rookies announce they are on the team since the game has started and everyone who knows their instagram accounts at this point knows that they are in!!

I'm so tempted to create a marketing plan for the team and send it to them. Honestly, they should be doing soooooo much more or just anything to be quite frank.

• LOL 6
  • Love 14
20 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Oh you mean the ones with Haley in them:)

I have nothing against Haley, not her fault or control that she was born into an empire, and she has graduated college, worked the family business, etc. She def had a major head start in life, but she could be a Kardashian bimbo, but instead she's attempting to work.

That said, those podcasts were dead boring. Judy really has no personality. Nobody cares what movies Kelli likes and Haley is younger and fresher, but just some 20 somthing talking. 

Alyssa Torres - forgot about her. Somebody did an RN board search and if she went to college to be an RN she never finished or didn't pass boards. She was working in an office or doing real estate or something. RN school is a college program difficult to get into let alone finish, so Alyssa may have worked in a hospital or health care setting with teh intention of being a LPN or RN and just for whatever reason didn't. 

Kelcey yes. Definitely RN. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I'm so tempted to create a marketing plan for the team and send it to them. Honestly, they should be doing soooooo much more or just anything to be quite frank.

They're not going to take tips from an anonymous internet user. I feel like some of y'all aren't truly aware of how unimportant our perceptions of the show and DCC are to them. I also don't really have a problem with their stance. This forum is far from representative of everyone that watches the show or follows the DCC. I sense general discontentment here with the methods through which the show and the DCC operate. I've seen plenty say they have suggestions for and critiques of how they market themselves and argue that their work in that department is subpar or even bad, yet the show and the DCC continue to grow in popularity as far as we know. It remains one of CMT's most popular programs and its longevity is indicative of that. I think that whatever it is they're doing is working and will continue to do so. I'm not saying all the suggestions/critiques are invalid, but I believe they most likely mean nothing or not nearly as much to the majority and as a result nothing to the DCC or CMT. I don't think they're going to cater to the whims of an absolute online vocal minority, nor do I think they have any good reason to. Money is money and this isn't where it comes from.

Edited by bruh
Grammatical error.
  • Useful 4
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, bruh said:

They're not going to take tips from an anonymous internet user. I feel like some of y'all aren't truly aware of how unimportant our perceptions of the show and DCC are to them. I also don't really have a problem with their stance. This forum is far from representative of everyone that watches the show or follows the DCC. I sense general discontentment here with the methods through which the show and the DCC operate. I've seen plenty say they have suggestions for and critiques of how they market themselves and argue that their work in that department is subpar or even bad, yet the show and the DCC continue to grow in popularity as far as we know. It remains one of CMT's most popular programs and its longevity is indicative of that. I think that whatever it is they're doing is working and continues to do so. I'm not saying all the suggestions/critiques are invalid, but I believe they most likely mean nothing or not nearly as much to the majority and as a result nothing to the DCC or CMT. I don't think they're going to cater to the whims of a absolute online vocal minority, nor do I think they have any good reason to. Money is money and this isn't where it comes from.

I absolutely agree with everything above.  I also think that the talent pool is getting better and better.  Which is just another indicator that the TPTB are doing something right.

I'm as cynical as they come, and definitely see areas that could use improvement, but it is hard to argue with success.

• Love 11

On 8/23/2021 at 1:30 PM, GaveIn said:

I'm scared to put this out in the universe, but I could see Jessica being put at point down the road strictly based on looks.  Kinda reminds me of Holly H...good dancer, but also the average looking hot girl (like would appeal to the masses in TPTBs eyes).  If Dani stickers around, that better be their go to blonde upfront first though 

I have this recurring idea that Jessica is going to become fierce and could be a GL down the line. I see a lot of potential in her performance, and I think that she may figure out the glam thing and really shine. She has absolutely stunning eyes, and I think a slightly different shade of blonde with some color variation could do wonders for her glam factor. I think she was captain of the same HS dance team as Lacey, so I suspect, for whatever reason, that she has some more killer moves and fire in her performance as well as leadership potential. She definitely was a blender to me last year, but I kept thinking that I hope she doesn't stay a blender.

On 8/30/2021 at 8:26 PM, LilyD said:

She doesn’t seem that technically trained to my inexperienced eyes. Just rewatched her rookie season and damn…that solo was disastrous. How she got a pass into TC with that is literally beyond me. In camp she seemed one of the weaker dancers as well. But…. She sells it…every single time. Which is proper showmanship, just like Kashara. I have to give her credits for that.

I’m probably one of the few who is not a Kat-fan. She can be really fun to watch dance-wise but when she talks she reminds me of Victoria (Kash’s comment; Did you hear what you were saying?) And then there are those wigs….please use your natural hair or invest in good ones! They’re just so ill-fitting.

I think performance wise, what Kat has going for her--besides her energy and her genuine smile when she performs--is that, as untrained a dancer as she is, she has pretty clean lines. Mostly pointed toes, very straight legs with good extension, and strong upper carriage and arms. Those are often the areas of dancing that really seem to keep some really gifted but under-trained dancers off the team--messy feet (Judy would say clunky or floppy), weak arms, etc. I think her gymnastics training saves her on this and gave her a decent enough foundation to build on to improve as a DCC over the years. I think she is very fun to watch and does not stick out as often as she used to for her unpolished dancing.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, hypeman said:

I absolutely agree with everything above.  I also think that the talent pool is getting better and better.  Which is just another indicator that the TPTB are doing something right.

I'm as cynical as they come, and definitely see areas that could use improvement, but it is hard to argue with success.

As long as they’re making a profit, nothing is going to change. This is not title ix and nothing has to be fair or equal. Cheerleaders are expendable icing on the cake to the actual Cowboys empire. 

are the girls ever going to get anywhere near equal pay or attention? No, but big picture they could go today and the Team and brand would bring in billions. Heck they could prob get rid of the entire team and the name and merchandising would still ring in millions. 

I also don’t see Kelli or judy or Charlotte going anywhere anytime soon, especially bc some random internet fans said life ain’t fair and choreo isn’t fresh each Season.

small improvements have been made, like some natural curls this year, even though I hate jadas shapeless triangle - FIX IT she’s took good for that - there are some new songs rotated every year, and talent pool is 100x stronger than first few years.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Cj1 said:

There were  four unexpected vets that left the squad ( including my fav Amanda).pretty much last minute and not retirements. ..If all four would have stayed do you think any vets would have been cut this year? and who....

I think that if Alora had not left herself she would have been a risk. Possibly also Kristen but she grovelled enough on IG that she got herself back in the good books. 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, MonaMechelle said:

I thought the same thing! I mean it's pretty well known who didn't make the team so for it to be so ignored in the countdown clips is somewhat annoying. It feels like a lot of needless misdirection.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, hypeman said:

Agreed. Truth be told, I think Kelli and them generally do a good job. I know that the prevailing opinion here says otherwise, but as you said it is hard to argue with the overall success and progress the DCC have regularly enjoyed over the years.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, dccwannabe13 said:

I think that if Alora had not left herself she would have been a risk. Possibly also Kristen but she grovelled enough on IG that she got herself back in the good books. 

I agree. Maybe Jessica and Jada could have been at risk too? 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bruh said:

Agreed. Truth be told, I think Kelli and them generally do a good job. I know that the prevailing opinion here says otherwise, but as you said it is hard to argue with the overall success and progress the DCC have regularly enjoyed over the years.

This is something I’ve always wondered about...why did the DCC grab the attention of the larger audience and hold it as opposed to say...the Jets Flight Crew or the Dolphin Cheerleaders. I became aware of them way back when when they did appearances on Love Boat and had the poster. And decades later they’re still the only NFL cheerleaders that most people know...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Survivor197 said:

I don't think Kristin was at risk since she's in the triangle for her group. I think Alora def would've been cut though. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Jada improved a lot taking classes over the off season 

They won't get rid of Jada because of those fabulous kicks...and since she's tall she's a 50 yard line girl...makes that line look really good

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

They won't get rid of Jada because of those fabulous kicks...and since she's tall she's a 50 yard line girl...makes that line look really good

Yeah her and Taylor j split the 50 

• LOL 1
4 hours ago, kacesq said:

This is something I’ve always wondered about...why did the DCC grab the attention of the larger audience and hold it as opposed to say...the Jets Flight Crew or the Dolphin Cheerleaders. I became aware of them way back when when they did appearances on Love Boat and had the poster. And decades later they’re still the only NFL cheerleaders that most people know...

I think it was all about timing. DCC as we know them today started in 1972. Cowboys had just won 2 superbowls. "Dallas" was top of the TV ratings. They were different, not your usual cheerleaders but dancers who could put on a show. A lot of other cheerleader groups have copied that style since but never quite captured it. "Often imitated, never equalled". The CMT show has made the brand much wider known and, credit where its due, there has been some excellent brand marketing.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, kacesq said:

The DCC became famous because they were the first "sexy" pro cheerleading squad.  They were the first to create a skimpy uniform and focus on 50 yard line Broadway style choreography.   Cheerleaders existed for decades before them (high school, college, a few pro), but they added the elements of sex, glam and dance.  It has stood the test of time because they are a marketing machine, despite opinions to the contrary.   Love them or hate them, you have to admit they are a charismatic organization that has figured something out.

Edited by Weeklydcc
Addition
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10

The TPTB have marketed these cheerleaders VERY successfully.  We all know they aren't the "best of the best" and can watch the show with a critical eye (such as the recent conversation of how "hard" the entrance is portrayed to be when it's likely not so difficult in reality), but they have marketed this squad to be the greatest professional dance organization known to man.  This is why we see the increased talent level every year at auditions, we watch a hit TV show for 16 years running, and we think first of DCC when NFL cheerleading comes to mind.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

This is a discussion forum about the DCC and MTT, so.......we will probably keep discussing and complaining and suggesting and so on and so on.  That's the fun of it all:)

I ain't here to shut down discussion. I know what the rules are. Y'all can say what you wish. I never said anyone couldn't. I said my piece like everyone else does. I think trying to take forum critiques/suggestions to Kelli and them through email or something like they got any reason to listen is a fruitless endeavor. I don't think they matter to them and I think that there's good reason for that. Don't mean someone can't state them here or take it to them if they wish. I also just think that despite many negative perceptions of the DCC's management they are thriving (especially for an NFL cheerleading squad). Not sure where I blundered. It feels like to me that I'm not allowed to say good things about the DCC or dissent from the clearly more popular negative sentiments/play defense without being accused of attempting to regulate conversion. Don't want trouble though so I'm through with it. I got some posts wiped before in which I was policing, but I believe I have learned my lesson since.

Edited by bruh
Clarification.
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, bruh said:

They're not going to take tips from an anonymous internet user. I feel like some of y'all aren't truly aware of how unimportant our perceptions of the show and DCC are to them. I also don't really have a problem with their stance. This forum is far from representative of everyone that watches the show or follows the DCC. I sense general discontentment here with the methods through which the show and the DCC operate. I've seen plenty say they have suggestions for and critiques of how they market themselves and argue that their work in that department is subpar or even bad, yet the show and the DCC continue to grow in popularity as far as we know. It remains one of CMT's most popular programs and its longevity is indicative of that. I think that whatever it is they're doing is working and will continue to do so. I'm not saying all the suggestions/critiques are invalid, but I believe they most likely mean nothing or not nearly as much to the majority and as a result nothing to the DCC or CMT. I don't think they're going to cater to the whims of an absolute online vocal minority, nor do I think they have any good reason to. Money is money and this isn't where it comes from.

lol the original poster was clearly joking

2 hours ago, bruh said:

I ain't here to shut down discussion. I know what the rules are. Y'all can say what you wish. I never said anyone couldn't. I said my piece like everyone else does. I think trying to take forum critiques/suggestions to Kelli and them through email or something like they got any reason to listen is a fruitless endeavor. I don't think they matter to them and I think that there's good reason for that. Don't mean someone can't state them here or take it to them if they wish. I also just think that despite many negative perceptions of the DCC's management they are thriving (especially for an NFL cheerleading squad). Not sure where I blundered. It feels like to me that I'm not allowed to say good things about the DCC or dissent from the clearly more popular negative sentiments/play defense without being accused of attempting to regulate conversion. Don't want trouble though so I'm through with it. I got some posts wiped before in which I was policing, but I believe I have learned my lesson since.

No one was actually serious about sending an anonymous marketing plan expecting action…

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

No one was actually serious about sending an anonymous marketing plan expecting action…

Agree to disagree.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I def have to agree with some posters. It’s funny because people like to make fun of Kelli and Judy saying it’s their best year yet but the reality is, they do get better every year and a lot more of them have the whole package. It will continue to be that way. The younger generations keep getting more and more talented 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

Sigh, I feel like we used to have so much fun here now everyone just wants to be right or point out what is wrong. I suppose a lot of it has to do with the lack of visibility into the new team. I agree, I do not think the poster was serious about sending a marketing plan to kelli... 

• Love 21
8 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

OG poster, I was joking (sarcasm doesn't translate online well) but do have a marketing background (others on here do too). However, I wouldn't spend hours working on a plan for free anyway! (Obvs I'd put my name to it if I sent it)

I didn't mean that they weren't doing something right, just that they could do even more with the platforms they have, especially the website. We just ask for a bit of consistency, such as spelling the names of the women correctly on social media posts, getting the right cameo shots for that season and filling out the girl's bios properly.

Sure, they're great on socials but marketing is bigger than just that. The talent pool is exceptional though, I don't question that at all. K&J have done a great job, just might need fresh eyes to look over it all. Often an external eye is all that's needed. They constantly say they want to be bigger and better every year, some tweaks could do that even more from a marketing perspective.

Case in point, their latest post having this spelling error

3E94D090-2B09-4E84-B7E6-F4B8709C5072.jpeg

• LOL 17
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

That typo. Plus Holly on the exact same post announcing to not let your soul get destroyed by the ridiculous expectations of TPTB. That’s her favorite memory/best advice? Sounds like one of their most successful DCC almost lost herself. 
Good marketing/social media department there.

C3AFBF33-34CB-407C-BB65-376E7379E3CC.jpeg

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Whoops! Someone forgot to use spellcheck. Otherwise the balloons blocking the camera & the game not being able to be televised is a fun story.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

To be fair I understand sarcasm doesn’t always translate well on the internet, but the OG poster confirmed they were joking. 

9 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

OG poster, I was joking (sarcasm doesn't translate online well) but do have a marketing background (others on here do too). However, I wouldn't spend hours working on a plan for free anyway! (Obvs I'd put my name to it if I sent it)

I didn't mean that they weren't doing something right, just that they could do even more with the platforms they have, especially the website. We just ask for a bit of consistency, such as spelling the names of the women correctly on social media posts, getting the right cameo shots for that season and filling out the girl's bios properly.

Sure, they're great on socials but marketing is bigger than just that. The talent pool is exceptional though, I don't question that at all. K&J have done a great job, just might need fresh eyes to look over it all. Often an external eye is all that's needed. They constantly say they want to be bigger and better every year, some tweaks could do that even more from a marketing perspective.

Apologies in that case. I know snark/sarcasm is big on this forum, but I find it hard to determine what is genuine and what isn't online at times.

Edited by bruh
Clarification.
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

This is a stunning photo of Tori. I am happy that she decided to re-audition. 

240466289_1214939135636752_3519929157634885873_n.thumb.jpg.3978a79c88b4227ee62e680b8e377b7c.jpg

Ladies and gents, 

Now THAT is a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader, good lawd! 😃

• Love 13