Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, bernie2018 said:

Hey folks. HELP…just when I think I have the women figured out, I see this picture & have no clue who is who…I totally recognize Maddie M., but all the others 🤷🏻‍♂️Thanks!

F2341EEE-9AC7-4F75-8278-ED0C9366F1E6.jpeg

Jensen rookie is in front of Maddie Tori is behind Maddie looks like Kristin and Jada 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Jensen rookie is in front of Maddie Tori is behind Maddie looks like Kristin and Jada 

I believe it's Jensen, Maddie, Tori, & Kat, and the two to the right are Amber (rookie) & Madeline S (rookie)!

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Kamal said:

but they could've shown the audition videos to get us hyped.

But then how is DCC supposed to push certain, less-talented rookies over others? 😂

Edited by Lona
  • LOL 10
3 hours ago, WoofDCC said:

How are we 2-3 promos in and absolutely nothing about vets leaving, VK sitting out the season, rookies cut, vet injuries???

That is ridiculous. 

Any other show, any other network in the world would have the drama front and centre.

This is why Kelli and Charlotte should not have this much editorial control.

It's not realistic to the lived experience of the team.

Amen! The way the promos are edited makes it look like everything is peachy keen in DCC-land. I mean Daphne & Lisa are shown as looking fine and then there's that line about how "there are the most open spots ever" or something to that effect which they make sound like its a good thing and not because a bunch of vets quit. Maybe it's just me, but when you've got so much juicy stuff happening, you at least hint at it in your promos.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Bellisima08 said:

Amen! The way the promos are edited makes it look like everything is peachy keen in DCC-land. I mean Daphne & Lisa are shown as looking fine and then there's that line about how "there are the most open spots ever" or something to that effect which they make sound like its a good thing and not because a bunch of vets quit. Maybe it's just me, but when you've got so much juicy stuff happening, you at least hint at it in your promos.

There will be a 5 minute sneek peak on Friday September 10th 

8940C851-788F-4F07-B761-E50CDC58069B.jpeg

• Useful 6
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, LilyD said:

It’s not just the moves; it’s entire sequences of 8 counts or more that are cut and pasted in a different order and voila…. A new dance. After 10-15 years and the huge talent pool they have, it really is time to revamp things. They claim to be world class and the best in cheerleading America has to offer yet everything they do screams “stick to the past and the familiar”. That’s not world class…

Totally agree with you! There's a whole lot of recycling going on with those dance sequences and there seems to be reluctance to deviate from what they know. Really the only time you see fresh routines is in the show group and sometimes with the sideline dances. I mean their Halloween halftime show for example (with the Time Warp & Brittney Spears song) has been repeated many times. Now that I've been watching the show for so long, I'm noticing how many moves and routines stay the same or just get subtle rearranging done to them. I don't see why, since they claim to want to be innovative, they don't just add one or two totally new routines a year and slowly phase out the old ones.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

Totally agree with you! There's a whole lot of recycling going on with those dance sequences and there seems to be reluctance to deviate from what they know. Really the only time you see fresh routines is in the show group and sometimes with the sideline dances. I mean their Halloween halftime show for example (with the Time Warp & Brittney Spears song) has been repeated many times. Now that I've been watching the show for so long, I'm noticing how many moves and routines stay the same or just get subtle rearranging done to them. I don't see why, since they claim to want to be innovative, they don't just add one or two totally new routines a year and slowly phase out the old ones.

how about that breast cancer halftime with the hot young strong manly muscular guys flipping them in the air, while dressed in the pink polka dot tutu dresses, that had an exceptional amount of tulle for a skirt? has that been repeated ?

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, sATL said:

how about that breast cancer halftime with the hot young strong manly muscular guys flipping them in the air, while dressed in the pink polka dot tutu dresses, that had an exceptional amount of tulle for a skirt? has that been repeated ?

I remember Kelli and particularly Judy freaking out on more than one occasion during practise (which is actually funny since Cassie had a cheer background). I would not be surprised if there were legal concerns with the girls possibly injuring themselves which let them to not do it again.But yes, another example of something new that is never done again. Just like most choreos by guest choreographers in MTT, though with some choreos I understand as lyrical pieces wouldn’t be a great choice for the field on game day.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I think they meant that last year, we got to see the audition videos of all TCCs on social media before the show started. Builds up the hype before the show starts so we actually know who is who.

Thank you for explaining what I was trying to say.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

Thanks for sharing this. Always good to see Maddie and she looks great!

OH MY GOSH!  I clicked on the link to see Maddie and the first picture is of Gina.  Yikes.  Scary Skinny.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, J-R said:

OH MY GOSH!  I clicked on the link to see Maddie and the first picture is of Gina.  Yikes.  Scary Skinny.

I know this dead horse has been beaten into the ground many times, but I stand by my previous statements that TPTB need to intervene.  At the very least, stop placing her so prominently in media offerings.  This is not the PR image they should want associated with their "world famous" DCC brand.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, J-R said:

Yep.  I didn't want to say anything, but she looks bad.  Gina finally gets her shine, but her appearance is unacceptable (to me).

As far as the choreography, Judy must be lazy or something.  She and Kelli have had a GREAT run, but maybe it's time for some new blood to lead the DCC.  I nominate Jackie Bob for director and Kashara for choreographer.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

There are posted pics of Kelee in a quarter change, so she was on the field, maybe just out of the entrance for some reason.

I'm going to assume she's pulled her groin or something so can't do the jump split. She might be okay to do everything else.

Edited by DCC-UK
Spelling
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

As far as the choreography, Judy must be lazy or something.  She and Kelli have had a GREAT run, but maybe it's time for some new blood to lead the DCC.  I nominate Jackie Bob for director and Kashara for choreographer.

Now there's a name I haven't heard in a while!  I'd love to see Jackie Bob back in some DCC role. I think she'd be a fantastic mentor/coach to rookies. Not sure about director; isn't she a registered nurse? That requires a whole different skills set.

And Kashara.... yes please. If someone understands showmanship and entertainment in general, its she! And she's great with people.

• Love 17

Either Judy is lazy when it comes to new choreography or it's TRADITION which means it can't (read WON'T) be changed without a major intervention, a changing of the guard (Judy, Kelli and Charlotte leaving) or both.

I would be REALLY surprised if anything really changed with the choreography.  I think I remember hearing something about doing a completely new entrance with new music and they were told absolutely not because Thunderstruck was IT, not to be touched or changed.  However, even if Thunderstruck never changed, I would love to see all the other choreography change.  If you're still doing the same pieces after 15 years at least, then something's not right.  Tradition can be good, but when it holds back developing new things in every area, then maybe it's time to look at what parts can be changed without destroying the traditions as a whole.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Either Judy is lazy when it comes to new choreography or it's TRADITION which means it can't (read WON'T) be changed without a major intervention, a changing of the guard (Judy, Kelli and Charlotte leaving) or both.

I would be REALLY surprised if anything really changed with the choreography.  I think I remember hearing something about doing a completely new entrance with new music and they were told absolutely not because Thunderstruck was IT, not to be touched or changed.  However, even if Thunderstruck never changed, I would love to see all the other choreography change.  If you're still doing the same pieces after 15 years at least, then something's not right.  Tradition can be good, but when it holds back developing new things in every area, then maybe it's time to look at what parts can be changed without destroying the traditions as a whole.

I get maybe wanting to keep Thunderstuck as the song but that doesn’t mean they can’t tweak the dance each season. Seriously, switching up the entrance and kick line entrance (the circles) each home game should be easy for world class, but even maybe having a couple different ones each season, I think the crowd would enjoy.  Also, I’m ok with the tags during the games not changing much, but after all these years, seeing the same 8 counts repeated in different orders for other performances (plaza, quarter changes, etc) is actually kinda disappointing. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I know this dead horse has been beaten into the ground many times, but I stand by my previous statements that TPTB need to intervene.  At the very least, stop placing her so prominently in media offerings.  This is not the PR image they should want associated with their "world famous" DCC brand.

Dead horse but I have to beat it that second pic of Gina is kind of shocking. How could they think those pix are worthy of posting? The girl is legit emaciated and I'll stop now...

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Dead horse but I have to beat it that second pic of Gina is kind of shocking. How could they think those pix are worthy of posting? The girl is legit emaciated and I'll stop now...

Yeah, I thought the second picture was worse than the first. If it were my org, I wouldn’t be publishing it.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Mmkk said:

Yeah, I thought the second picture was worse than the first. If it were my org, I wouldn’t be publishing it.

I dont know how much power they have over what sideline reporters and photographers publish 

• Useful 1
21 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I dont know how much power they have over what sideline reporters and photographers publish 

I think if it's for Getty or something, then they have no power, because Getty/whoever hired the photographers own those photos.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

I think if it's for Getty or something, then they have no power, because Getty/whoever hired the photographers own those photos.

And for what its worth Lexi really needs to cut that hair her pic doesn't do her any justice either... 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I think I remember hearing something about doing a completely new entrance with new music and they were told absolutely not because Thunderstruck was IT, not to be touched or changed.  However, even if Thunderstruck never changed, I would love to see all the other choreography change.  If you're still doing the same pieces after 15 years at least, then something's not right.

And what's even worse...they use the exact same TS choreo for Christmas. Now I do actually quite like the Christmas intro song with this choreography because the music is happy and the dance moves radiate happiness. It's a much better fit than TS with the ...interesting...lyrics.. But I still think it's quite lame to simply stick an entire choreo onto another song!

• Love 11
21 hours ago, sATL said:

I didn't know about this little tidbit..

image.thumb.png.94b6e49820f358dfa5e20d42924b1322.png

• Useful 11
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, sATL said:

I know they did that Breast Cancer Awareness halftime show, “Candyman”, with the pink polka dots, at least 3 times.  First, 2009, with Nicole Hamilton at point, 2012 with Whitney at point, then 2013 with Mia at point.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

They have made some subtle 8 ct changes to Thunder thank you Erica/Jenna

Sadly, they are VERY subtle changes and anyone who doesn't know the routine or doesn't know it very well would likely never notice that any changes have been made. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Mmkk said:

I'm puzzled. This is Gina from MTT teaser so cannot be more than six to eight weeks ago. She looks fine here. Certainly toned but not anorexic.

FB_IMG_1630707737451.jpg

Edited by PomPomPom
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Sadly, they are VERY subtle changes and anyone who doesn't know the routine or doesn't know it very well would likely never notice that any changes have been made. 

To be fair though those people probably don’t care as much

• Love 2
23 hours ago, sATL said:

Ah yes, I remember that routine for several reasons...one was the guys which I loved as they were very handsome and brought a cool new dynamic, two was that they made a big deal about that routine on the show (I think a whole segment was devoted to it) so it made quite an impression and three was because sadly, they've never done it again so it sticks out. I honestly can't recall if they have done something like that again. If they have, it hasn't been highlighted on the show. But it could also be that the reason it hasn't been covered on the show again is because they have stopped filming by that time. I know that in earlier seasons it seemed like they either filmed later or for longer because I recall seeing them do more event appearances and team bonding stuff then they they have the last few seasons.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, LilyD said:

Now there's a name I haven't heard in a while!  I'd love to see Jackie Bob back in some DCC role. I think she'd be a fantastic mentor/coach to rookies. Not sure about director; isn't she a registered nurse? That requires a whole different skills set.

And Kashara.... yes please. If someone understands showmanship and entertainment in general, its she! And she's great with people.

Oh my gosh, I'd totally watch Jackie Bob & Kashara running the DCC! That would inject some much needed adrenaline into the show!

• Love 21
1 hour ago, PomPomPom said:

I'm puzzled. This is Gina from MTT teaser so cannot be more than six to eight weeks ago. She looks fine here

FB_IMG_1630707737451.jpg

I believe it when they say the camera adds 10 pounds. I saw Kim Kardashian across the street in LA and she is actually really thin in-person and really beautiful too. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, LilyD said:

And what's even worse...they use the exact same TS choreo for Christmas. Now I do actually quite like the Christmas intro song with this choreography because the music is happy and the dance moves radiate happiness. 

Is that the Christmas routine where they mashed-up some Christmas song with TS? 😬🤭😐

3 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

Ah yes, I remember that routine for several reasons...one was the guys which I loved as they were very handsome and brought a cool new dynamic, two was that they made a big deal about that routine on the show (I think a whole segment was devoted to it) so it made quite an impression and three was because sadly, they've never done it again so it sticks out. I honestly can't recall if they have done something like that again. If they have, it hasn't been highlighted on the show. But it could also be that the reason it hasn't been covered on the show again is because they have stopped filming by that time. I know that in earlier seasons it seemed like they either filmed later or for longer because I recall seeing them do more event appearances and team bonding stuff then they they have the last few seasons.

I miss seeing those later season routines and events featured on the show. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

Jackie Bob isn’t a nurse but worked as a medical assistant in doctor’s office where she helped Collins land a job as an RN.

the only RN I remember is Lauren- who also stood up for her principals regarding the calendar photo shoot.

Hope both RNs are now getting the support ( in all categories)  they need during the pandemic. Hard times to be a RN..

• Love 3
12 hours ago, sATL said:

the only RN I remember is Lauren- who also stood up for her principals regarding the calendar photo shoot.

Hope both RNs are now getting the support ( in all categories)  they need during the pandemic. Hard times to be a RN..

Colin who was cut, too tan, hated her solo, etc. was an RN. At some point those were two of the many DCC who worked in that plastics office. Jackie and Cersten were some sort of unlicensed medical office assistants. Neither were nurses or physician assistants *cough cough* [Cersten's LinkedIn resume and DCC profile] *cough cough*

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

Oh my gosh, I'd totally watch Jackie Bob & Kashara running the DCC! That would inject some much needed adrenaline into the show!

I agree... except that you need a taskmaster who can be strict.

Jackie Bob is too nice and funny.

I'd go for Lacie in the kelli role and Kashara in the Judy role.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, WoofDCC said:

Lacey in the Kelli role???  The one who was hesitant to step up in Season 12??

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, WoofDCC said:

There are ways to lead and to be strict without being a "taskmaster" or "martinet".  Many such people are also able to be clear and concise with both critique and praise.  They set clear expectations and are able to hold people to those expectations as well as explain what the consequences are for failure as well for success.  They are often approachable, but can be stern when needed and aren't afraid to do what's needed WHEN it's needed.  They often go to the mat for their people when it's warranted and can play the politician/diplomat when they need to get what they need.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Has anyone else noticed that a number of the older filmed podcasts of "These boots" have been removed from both YouTube and Cowboys website. A pity as there were some classics there including Heather O with Kashara. I hope it is to make room for some new ones and if so I hope they include both this year's Rookies and last year's Rookies, now 2nd year vets. I think the podcasts are a great way to get to know the girls better and get more back story. Definitely missed them last season. The Kelli led podcasts and "Boots in the bubble" didn't do it for me.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

Has anyone else noticed that a number of the older filmed podcasts of "These boots" have been removed from both YouTube and Cowboys website. A pity as there were some classics there including Heather O with Kashara. I hope it is to make room for some new ones and if so I hope they include both this year's Rookies and last year's Rookies, now 2nd year vets. I think the podcasts are a great way to get to know the girls better and get more back story. Definitely missed them last season. The Kelli led podcasts and "Boots in the bubble" didn't do it for me.

But of course they left up the just for kicks podcast 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

20 hours ago, Stephieg84 said:

To be fair though those people probably don’t care as much

The target audience doesn't care what dance steps or routines they do. They could just walk out on the field, wag their fannies, & wave at them & they wouldn't care (& some might like it better 😩). 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2