Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Especially in New York no offense to anyone from New York on here !! Bc you have to be vaccinated to go into a lot of places 

I'm from NY and not offended because that's a true statement, however, I just don't think it's fair to say Amanda was the one who left because of the vaccination. It just makes people think negatively about her when it's not even true.

2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Lol someone already said something 

it's common for people to post without reading other people's responses. I don't see a problem with that. It's a forum.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Stee said:

And if New York City has captured Alora Rose's heart, she's going to be in for a huge surprise when she can't (1) get a dance job (2) attend any gym or fitness classes (3) eat at a restaurant (4) go to a museum.. In New York City, you have to present your Vaccine passport to do any of the following:  • Indoor dining • Indoor gyms • Indoor entertainment • Indoor museums. 

Unless she got the vaccine. Her post looks to me like advocating for doing what's right for you, and maybe getting the vaccine was right for her. In fact, I assume she did, because wouldn't she have had to be fully vaccinated to be in TC? Or was the deadline for the football season?

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Stee said:

I'm from New York and no offense taken - in fact, we take pride on Vaccination here in NYC.

And if New York City has captured Alora Rose's heart, she's going to be in for a huge surprise when she can't (1) get a dance job (2) attend any gym or fitness classes (3) eat at a restaurant (4) go to a museum.. In New York City, you have to present your Vaccine passport to do any of the following:  • Indoor dining • Indoor gyms • Indoor entertainment • Indoor museums. 

Yes to all of this! Plus I've read in several theater forums that theaters in New York City will require vaccinations for performers, backstage crew, and theater staff, for all performances through October 2021. So if Alora Rose loves performing, but is against the vaccine, she's going to have a hard time finding a job.

• Love 10

Don't kill me for this... But I've felt that the squad overall hasn't been powerful (besides the obvious standout powerhouses like Bridget, Gina, Amber, etc.) since 2018... And I'm so excited for what the squad will look like next year. The girls coming in are POWERFUL and I can't wait for the whole squad to blow me away like it used to before 2018. K&J got used to picking girls because of their determination after auditioning 5+ years in a row, but I have a feeling things are changing. Does anyone else agree or do I stand alone in this lol... I've felt the squad the past couple of years has been good obviously, but not a good as the squads in the past.

Edited by DCC93
  • Love 12
14 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

I really like Gina and Lexie  but they have been game girls in past seasons.  There are 36 girls on the team with 23 vets   Why can’t game girl be a one and  done honor.  I adore Rachel W but will it be her or Carolyn next.  How about Madeline M and Taylor beautiful girls who haven’t gotten show group or leadership.  Ashlee. Anyone but the same girls over and over 
who picks game girl?  I don’t believe it should ever be a rookie but for Pete’s sake give other ladies a thrill. 

At least the Instagram takeover is done by the second year vets. (Dani and McKenzie) I hope all the other 2nd years get to do the Instagram takeover as well.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Lol someone already said something and like I said I couldn’t remember as it’s been forever ago 

I am SO sorry if my responses came off snarky. I’m having the worst day and I shouldn’t have been like that lmfao I know you prob heard something so long ago I totally get it. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

I am SO sorry if my responses came off snarky. I’m having the worst day and I shouldn’t have been like that lmfao I know you prob heard something so long ago I totally get it. 

No problem hun I understand we all have bad days I’ve had them myself I’m hoping 2022 is better year for everyone 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

Yes to all of this! Plus I've read in several theater forums that theaters in New York City will require vaccinations for performers, backstage crew, and theater staff, for all performances through October 2021. So if Alora Rose loves performing, but is against the vaccine, she's going to have a hard time finding a job.

This is correct - Broadway stars and backstage crew all need to be fully vaccinated. There have been several cases of big names being dropped from Broadway shows due to not being vaccinated. 

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Unless she got the vaccine. Her post looks to me like advocating for doing what's right for you, and maybe getting the vaccine was right for her.

This is also possibly true. Aloha Rose might have the vaccine but could be sharing that everyone should make their own choice and do their research. Same could be said for her MLM products though!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

No problem hun I understand we all have bad days I’ve had them myself I’m hoping 2022 is better year for everyone 

Remember how hopeful we all were for 2021? Pepperidge Farm remembers. 

😭😭😭😭

Edited by kalibean
  • LOL 8
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Kamal said:

At least the Instagram takeover is done by the second year vets. (Dani and McKenzie) I hope all the other 2nd years get to do the Instagram takeover as well.

I really like that they're showing a lot of them since they didn't have that last year. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Kamal said:

This is interesting.

Not to raise hate to Alora-Rose but her taking sides for the anti vaccine might mean she was the vet who quit because of the vaccination policy.

S__4612128.jpg

Hey guys….. before we jump to any anti-vax conclusions regarding AR: I would like to say something about her wording and the actual message she seems to convey.

As a teacher, I would like to point out that her post does not actually say:  Do not get the jab,  it’s ok not getting the jab. And she definitely doesn’t say I’m not getting the jab. Some people seem to already have accepted this as truths.

I can see how people read this in between the lines and will admit that it definitely doesn’t scream pro-vax either, but  it’s main message is: It’s ok to be cautious or to feel uncertain on what to do and to make an informed decision. She addresses feelings here; feelings of doubts, fear and uncertainties about a relatively new medicine. Personally,  I’m happy I got the jab, but I understand those feelings (I had them!) especially when you consider how much time and research it normally takes before a medicine hits the market.

Now to wrap up this online lecture😉: Alora Rose clearly acknowledges people’s fears and doubts. The post leans towards anti-vax but doesn’t explicitly state so. She definitely did not say that she didn’t get  the jab (This may be the case but cannot be taken as a fact just based on this post) 
Just for the record: not taking sides, just picking apart the words in this post and comparing them to the responses it evoked out here, which is part of my job😜

Edited by LilyD
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

Who else is bored with the point being blonde? Rachel is beautiful but I am sooooo bored with TPTB choosing someone blonde when we have better dancers and looking girls to fill that spot. Based on the pattern below hopefully a POC will be chosen for point. 

2021 blonde
2020 blonde
2019 brunette 
2018 blonde
2017 blonde
2016 brunette
2015 blonde
2014 blonde
2013 POC
2012 blonde
2011 blonde
2010 POC
2009 POC
2008 POC
2007 ?
2006 ?

• Love 3
On 8/30/2021 at 2:55 AM, MegzClarkie said:

I do think this is last weeks performance... when the girls are coming towards the corner tunnel ready for the players entrance you can see the opposing team coming out and to me they are wearing the Houston Texans uniform!

Also the Premier FB group are saying that Maddie filled in for a Rookie today. They said it under a post of this video and when I asked them how they knew because I couldn't see her in the video (makes sense because it was last weeks game) they just said it was confirmed... don't know how it was confirmed but maybe someone was at the game? Also wouldn't say which rookie Maddie was replacing. 

If there's a mistake, I can't see it.

• Love 1

Look what YouTube found for me…not sure if this is a pregame or halftime show. When did DCC start performing the current ‘Thunderstruck’? This performance is very different & entertaining, with different choreography 😂 hope it’s okay to post this here…

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Who else is bored with the point being blonde? Rachel is beautiful but I am sooooo bored with TPTB choosing someone blonde when we have better dancers and looking girls to fill that spot. Based on the pattern below hopefully a POC will be chosen for point. 

2021 blonde
2020 blonde
2019 brunette 
2018 blonde
2017 blonde
2016 brunette
2015 blonde
2014 blonde
2013 POC
2012 blonde
2011 blonde
2010 POC
2009 POC
2008 POC
2007 ?
2006 ?

2020 was shared with a Maddie, a brunette

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, Kamal said:

What did you guys think of the new teaser of the show?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTPVurwrF-C/

It looks like Kaydianna, Tori, and Amber will all be featured prominently this season since all three of them were in both trailers. 

I think it's smart marketing for MTT to feature vets that we know walked away in the promos (Daphne in the first one and a clip of Lisa in this one).

Also, I'm a sucker for the scenes where Kelli compliments a TCC and then she starts crying because DCC means so much, so I loved that clip in the trailer.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

It looks like Kaydianna, Tori, and Amber will all be featured prominently this season since all three of them were in both trailers. 

I think it's smart marketing for MTT to feature vets that we know walked away in the promos (Daphne in the first one and a clip of Lisa in this one).

Also, I'm a sucker for the scenes where Kelli compliments a TCC and then she starts crying because DCC means so much, so I loved that clip in the trailer.

I wouldn’t say they walked away they were injured !! Like Lisa said on her ig that she has been dealing with this injury since last year 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, bernie2018 said:

Look what YouTube found for me…not sure if this is a pregame or halftime show. When did DCC start performing the current ‘Thunderstruck’? This performance is very different & entertaining, with different choreography 😂 hope it’s okay to post this here…

In a way it is different but at the same time it’s not. It’s entertaining and has a very happy vibe but this video clearly shows how the DCC have been recycling the same dance moves and patterns for years as people out here have pointed out before. In a way, the parallel between then and now is really disappointing.

On a more positive note; I do see a noticeable difference in technical and exact dance moves. Nowadays, the lines are better too and they’re way more in sync.

Edited by LilyD
Spelling
  • Love 12

Re: various "enhancements" DCC rookies tend to be sucked into after a year or so.  I think it's refreshing to see the natural breasts on the new girls and hope they don't come back next season with built in flotation devices.  They've already proven it's not needed.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, bernie2018 said:

This had to be Season 4 or 5 because Boom Boom Pow came out in 2009. I remember because that summer everyone was saying "you're 2000 and late". Tobie is the only one I really recognize because she's featured at 2:27 and there is a split second of Whitney and I think Meagan Sharpe.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

This had to be Season 4 or 5 because Boom Boom Pow came out in 2009. I remember because that summer everyone was saying "you're 2000 and late". Tobie is the only one I really recognize because she's featured at 2:27 and there is a split second of Whitney and I think Meagan Sharpe.

I also saw Meredith Oden.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, LilyD said:

On a more positive note; I do see a noticeable difference in technical and exact dance moves. Nowadays, the lines are better too and they’re way more in sync.

I wouldn’t put that down to talent level. They were learning a new pregame for every game so it wouldn’t be as polished as one they’ve been doing for years.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, bernie2018 said:

Thanks for sharing! It’s 2009, because I saw Brandi Kilby and Amy Reese, and that was their only year on the squad. 

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, sATL said:

Kelli in a boot ? what dance move was she demoing ? Or was it the stilettoes heels walking on the field ?

She posted on her instagram story a while back about it being because of her dog. I'd guess she tripped over him in the dark or something.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, allitator said:

Thanks for sharing! It’s 2009, because I saw Brandi Kilby and Amy Reese, and that was their only year on the squad. 

Vanessa Jenkins is in the beginning too. And she was only there in 2009. I always remember her because she was SO gorgeous. 

I think Amy Reese had 2 seasons…S3 she was a rookie with Cassie, S4 was her vet season, S5 was her mysterious disappearance. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, LilyD said:

In a way it is different but at the same time it’s not. It’s entertaining and has a very happy vibe but this video clearly shows how the DCC have been recycling the same dance moves and patterns for years as people out here have pointed out before. In a way, the parallel between then and now is really disappointing.

This opening was interesting in that it has a more hip-hop vibe to it, but it's kind of jarring to see some of the moves such as the two big circles and the kickline set to this music as they don't seem to mesh well. I wonder how long this music was kept for the entrance. The only other different music I've ever heard of for when they come in was "If My Friends Could See Me Now."

• Love 2

I don't mind if they reuse dance moves as long as they look alright. I just don't like the two big circles they make before the kick-line. The girls just looks rushed to get to their places on time.

• Love 4
On 8/31/2021 at 12:50 AM, Kamal said:

Another picture of her from Rachel A's insta story

S__4603919.jpg

I just remembered that Rachel A was the one who comforted Merideth when she was called into the office in season 15. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Kamal said:

I don't mind if they reuse dance moves as long as they look alright. I just don't like the two big circles they make before the kick-line. The girls just looks rushed to get to their places on time.

It’s not just the moves; it’s entire sequences of 8 counts or more that are cut and pasted in a different order and voila…. A new dance. After 10-15 years and the huge talent pool they have, it really is time to revamp things. They claim to be world class and the best in cheerleading America has to offer yet everything they do screams “stick to the past and the familiar”. That’s not world class…

• Love 19
47 minutes ago, LilyD said:

It’s not just the moves; it’s entire sequences of 8 counts or more that are cut and pasted in a different order and voila…. A new dance. After 10-15 years and the huge talent pool they have, it really is time to revamp things. They claim to be world class and the best in cheerleading America has to offer yet everything they do screams “stick to the past and the familiar”. That’s not world class…

That's why I like it when they get guest choreographers. The ex-DCC still use some of the moves but mix it up a bit, outsiders do something a little bit different. 

• Love 14

Wow. They choose not to follow last year and show the rookies audition videos.

Yes, they will have solo's in maybe the first episode but they could've shown the audition videos to get us hyped.

I really liked how we got to see all the audition video's and judge the dances without the editing. (they changed the song to it but at least we got the dance) 

I remember liking Claire W because how strong she was. Now we only get an edited version.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Kamal said:

Wow. They choose not to follow last year and show the rookies audition videos.

Yes, they will have solo's in maybe the first episode but they could've shown the audition videos to get us hyped.

I really liked how we got to see all the audition video's and judge the dances without the editing. (they changed the song to it but at least we got the dance) 

I remember liking Claire W because how strong she was. Now we only get an edited version.

Not sure I follow your thread here. There must have been online submissions like last year as there were no live auditions so we may see those in episode one. What I think you are seeing in the teaser is either solos/show group auditions like last year or they may have decided to evaluate solos separately from show group as part of training camp evaluation. Only time will tell. Two weeks and counting!

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

Not sure I follow your thread here. There must have been online submissions like last year as there were no live auditions so we may see those in episode one. What I think you are seeing in the teaser is either solos/show group auditions like last year or they may have decided to evaluate solos separately from show group as part of training camp evaluation. Only time will tell. Two weeks and counting!

I think they meant that last year, we got to see the audition videos of all TCCs on social media before the show started. Builds up the hype before the show starts so we actually know who is who.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

I think they meant that last year, we got to see the audition videos of all TCCs on social media before the show started. Builds up the hype before the show starts so we actually know who is who.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was puzzled how anyone would know the content of this year's MTT. Now I understand.

• Love 3
On 8/31/2021 at 4:30 PM, Holly85 said:

Does anyone have any information or thoughts on how many episodes we are getting this season? The last time DCC were at HOF the season was extended to thirteen episodes including one almost entirely about Jerry Jones enshrinement. Has there been any schedule published. After last year's restricted fayre I would like to see more of both this year's Rookies and last year's vets. Plus some ATT dancing pre-game

• Love 5
Just now, PomPomPom said:

Does anyone have any information or thoughts on how many episodes we are getting this season? The last time DCC were at HOF the season was extended to thirteen episodes including one almost entirely about Jerry Jones enshrinement. Has there been any schedule published. After last year's restricted fayre I would like to see more of both this year's Rookies and last year's vets. Plus some ATT dancing pre-game

I saw on one of the crew members ig that it’s 10 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

How are we 2-3 promos in and absolutely nothing about vets leaving, VK sitting out the season, rookies cut, vet injuries???

That is ridiculous. 

Any other show, any other network in the world would have the drama front and centre.

This is why Kelli and Charlotte should not have this much editorial control.

It's not realistic to the lived experience of the team.

• Love 13