Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Is it Marshall?

Marshall has his quirks but I refuse to believe his mobile device is on a high schooler's comic sans/Disney mash up font.  I REFUSE.  Seems like bad karma that would mess with his witch vibes.

I know it's a weird thing (the font) to have get under my skin in all of this but I'm like for heaven's sake this entire thing is just juvenile.  I like sparkle and pink more than the average toddler but that whole site has tattle tale, slam book, nice girl to your face but actually a locker room bully vibes.  Bad fonts and smug posting while wearing a t-shirt that says "if you can't handle me at my worst, then you don't deserve my best."

Hide/block/ignore the posters you don't like and move the heck on.  It's very rare that quality content is also coming from someone who is ignorant, hostile and plain old mean anyway.  I'm just annoyed with myself for even posting about it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
22 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Marshall has his quirks but I refuse to believe his mobile device is on a high schooler's comic sans/Disney mash up font.  I REFUSE.  Seems like bad karma that would mess with his witch vibes.

I know it's a weird thing (the font) to have get under my skin in all of this but I'm like for heaven's sake this entire thing is just juvenile.  I like sparkle and pink more than the average toddler but that whole site has tattle tale, slam book, nice girl to your face but actually a locker room bully vibes.  Bad fonts and smug posting while wearing a t-shirt that says "if you can't handle me at my worst, then you don't deserve my best."

Hide/block/ignore the posters you don't like and move the heck on.  It's very rare that quality content is also coming from someone who is ignorant, hostile and plain old mean anyway.  I'm just annoyed with myself for even posting about it.

Oh are you trying to make one of their posts over there? 😂😂😂 Just kidding!  I agree, especially about the font!  

• LOL 3

Imagine if it’s not actually a Karen and instead the creepy guy off one of the Facebook groups who isn’t an admin on the page or anything but is forever posting.

I made a comment ages ago on the page I didn’t like one DCC and then he jumped down my throat about my opinion and had an admin remove the comment, so could be him.

or maybe it’s one of the parents of a current DCC but you’d really hope none of them would be that petty. 

they say they love the DCC yet 2 of the team have asked for it to be removed or stopped but they continue posting.

it’s not trolling the trolls, you’re being a troll yourself. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 2
20 hours ago, kalibean said:

Since camp is over, do we need a current season thread?  Maybe we can amend this one to include current DCC and social media? I can’t remember how we had it last year. Gave a quick scan and looks like this is still the best place. 

I don’t remember seeing it posted, but Dani got the Abbey Bear this week. Probably a sweet boost after a rough game if the timing is right? She posted this four days ago, and their last game was 8/21. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS4_r1EF3MP/?utm_medium=copy_link

Great question. Speaking of current season of MTT - let me re - ask this question. Prior to COVID, the current season episode threads had  a certain amount of "lively fun" because comments were made while the episode was currently aired. Last season - seems like the episode  threads fell by the way side because (1) no one watched the show live and (2) because of COVID, the entire training camp was different and some of the annual joy was lost from watching the show all together, even later. Several episode I think it was a struggle to fill a page of posts.

Do we know if training camp 2021  is (was) exactly or close to like it was in the past - seasons 1-14 was ?

And I will repeat (again with fear) - not everything was horrible about how TC went last year. There were a few modifications I liked.

I would prefer if IG posts were a separate thread, as they have nothing to do with the show, and can into too much detail what what dress, shoes or lipstick someone is wearing where.

But I would change my vote if people are watching IG more than the episodes. Then it will make sense to do both in one topic thread.

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1

I don't have an issue with the internet war this person is waging. This is how the internet works. Plenty communities on the internet exist only to bash other ones for doing/saying what they believe is wrong. They appear to have an issue with several DCC boards and believe much of the discussion is problematic. In response, they're fighting back and Instagram is the only place this person could do it anyway. I don't know about perpetuating negativity (against DCC at least) because they're putting these posts through a lens that derides them. This person thinks the boards as a whole are an issue and talks down, many disagree and think their retaliatory page is an issue and talk down. It's just a clash of ideals to me. I will also say I think what they're doing is kind of goon-like, following several DCC and allegedly talking to them about the boards. I like to believe the DCC don't need this sort of page's support.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, kalibean said:

I haven't heard that song in a while (Prince, Baby I'm a Star) so had to google it...1984.  It was on the Purple Rain album.  OMG I'm 1000 years old.  None of the DCC were even born when it came out. Shoot, 99% of the NFL players weren't either.  (Shout out to Tom Brady.)

Such an amazing album, though, and I think I'll go watch his Super Bowl half-time again.

I believe this is the song they were practicing to in the infamous "Lose Weight" video.  That was in 2000 so they've either been dancing to Baby I'm a Star for decades or they just dusted it off for this season.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

This person has too much time on their hands. They come to a forum created for snark, but get mad about all the snark? Don't come to the site if you are going to be salty about posts.

Far be it from me to say this, but this person likely thinks that many here have too much time on their hands because we spend our time doing what they perceive to be unfairly criticizing and disparaging these young women while they pursue their "dreams" (depending on who it is) and the people that run it or are associated in some way. (That sentence was likely full of grammatical errors.) All a matter of perspective.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

Thanks, Holly, from me as well.  It's always a lot more fun seeing the ladies dance to the actual song the dance was choreographed to rather than whatever off sounding tune CMT uses.

Exactly this! Those great dances are completely ruined by the bad choice in music, even a blind bat can see it’s no match. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Is it Marshall?

Noo, I think it's a reddit user. I'll give the first initial of the person's reddit name of who I think it is if that's allowed. I don't want to get into any trouble with anyone lmfao

Edited by Erinbridget
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, bruh said:

I don't have an issue with the internet war this person is waging. This is how the internet works. Plenty communities on the internet exist only to bash other ones for doing/saying what they believe is wrong. They appear to have an issue with several DCC boards and believe much of the discussion is problematic. In response, they're fighting back and Instagram is the only place this person could do it anyway. I don't know about perpetuating negativity (against DCC at least) because they're putting these posts through a lens that derides them. This person thinks the boards as a whole are an issue and talks down, many disagree and think their retaliatory page is an issue and talk down. It's just a clash of ideals to me. I will also say I think what they're doing is kind of goon-like, following several DCC and allegedly talking to them about the boards. I like to believe the DCC don't need this sort of page's support.

The original posts that they have now removed were basically amplifying any negative comments that were posted here by highlighting them over there. I think someone pointed that out to them and they removed them. 

10 minutes ago, bruh said:

Far be it from me to say this, but this person likely thinks that many here have too much time on their hands because we spend our time doing what they perceive to be unfairly criticizing and disparaging these young women while they pursue their "dreams" (depending on who it is) and the people that run it or are associated in some way. (That sentence was likely full of grammatical errors.) All a matter of perspective.

Like I said..desperate. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

I believe this is the song they were practicing to in the infamous "Lose Weight" video.  That was in 2000 so they've either been dancing to Baby I'm a Star for decades or they just dusted it off for this season.

I think they stopped dancing to it for many season's. The current choreo for "Baby, I'm a Star," I believe, is from a former DCC. There is a video on YouTube from the Training Camp performance in Oxnard in 2018. I want to say Sarah Gourley Idziak was the choreographer, but I could be remembering that completely wrong.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

I’m glad they brought it back!  Great song!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, kalibean said:

I haven't heard that song in a while (Prince, Baby I'm a Star) so had to google it...1984.  It was on the Purple Rain album.  OMG I'm 1000 years old.  None of the DCC were even born when it came out. Shoot, 99% of the NFL players weren't either.  (Shout out to Tom Brady.)

Such an amazing album, though, and I think I'll go watch his Super Bowl half-time again.

HaHa! I’m right there with you…remember when the song ‘Darling Nikki’ was such a controversial song? Actually, I think I’m blushing right now thinking about the song 🤦🏻‍♂️😆☺️

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Some of y’all made this new ig page 

772768DA-12A7-4773-BE10-14827F5C95D8.jpeg

LOL! It's rather funny that the person who created this IG page is calling us Karens for critiquing or calling out stuff, but they took the time to make a page that's all about critiquing & calling out stuff. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

So much yes 😄

They've questioned my coping skills. With all due respect, I'm not the one publicly taking out my aggression on an anonymous Instagram account 😆

Arrested Development Eye Roll GIF

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I'm confused - the latest post says the girls read negative stuff about themselves and it steals their joy, but how many still follow those forums where the negative stuff is posted?

And let's not forget that Kelli & Judy say some pretty negative stuff about the girls too. I mean hello, Christina felt pressure to go under the knife & get her boobs done because they criticized how small her chest was yet I don't see that IG poster calling them out for stealing the joy of the cheerleaders!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, bruh said:

this person likely thinks that many here have too much time on their hands

All a matter of perspective.

I think the polar opposite.  To start an entire IG page about what DCC fans post here?  Waaay too much time on their hands.

Most definitely a matter of perspective & utterly sad.  Just my take.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Dr m even made the page saying he is been feeding us a bunch of red herrings and dangling Carrots 

"Dangling Carrots" I can see if that is what you call posting things like "2 vets resigned" (which I just call insider info) -- but what were the red herrings?

The only thing I can think of is when Dr. M "went after" Lemonbus, saying they knew who they were/they didn't know anything, etc.

The only other thing I can remember Dr. M posted & not being "proven" is that "Victoria is not the villain/to blame" in whatever scenario caused her to take a "break" (and that's only because, as far as I can remember, there's never been a confirmation as to why she did take this "break").

Unless s/he created the rodeo drive account and it's the assistant director bit?

Did I miss Dr. M's red herrings?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, bernie2018 said:

HaHa! I’m right there with you…remember when the song ‘Darling Nikki’ was such a controversial song? Actually, I think I’m blushing right now thinking about the song 🤦🏻‍♂️😆☺️

Aging myself but I saw Prince on the Purple Rain tour!!! I was young but still I was there!

Edited by TB12
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Aging myself but I saw Prince on the Purple Tain tour!!! I was young but still I was there!

THAT’S SO AWESOME!!! The only concerts I remember were Boy George (solo tour), Guns n Roses (don’t judge), Aerosmith (literally did not know who they were then), Trip Shakespeare & Mary’s Danish (unknown bands, but worth mentioning). I remember a guy in high school who wore the same ruffled shirt everyday for a whole year after Purple Rain came out…true story 

😀😃😄😁😆😂🤣

PS…sorry admin, I’ll stop now.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

And let's not forget that Kelli & Judy say some pretty negative stuff about the girls too. I mean hello, Christina felt pressure to go under the knife & get her boobs done because they criticized how small her chest was yet I don't see that IG poster calling them out for stealing the joy of the cheerleaders!

I also believe this person is under the impression that no one here has the authority to discuss their looks/character/likely even dance ability on the internet as well. Pointing to Kelli and them for scrutinizing the above when it's their job to do so isn't justification for this individual. Not defending what they're doing, but I understand what this person is saying. I think this is a very unrealistic expectation, despite kinda sympathizing (with a small piece of the message, not necessarily delivery). I wish certain things wouldn't be said here about people on the show. I feel the same way about scrutinizing pretty much anyone you don't know or have ever met on the internet who isn't known to be morally reprehensible or something. I kinda don't think any but a few people on the show are real bad people or something (or at the very least, who am I or is anyone to say) so I get bothered when I see certain things said about many of them. Through the lens of reality TV no less. However, I know a world without this will never exist. People have negative opinions on others online (whether they know them or not) for whatever reasons and whether or not I think there is firm basis within them is irrelevant to this board and the world in general.

Edited by bruh
More clarification.
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Yes that’s Caroline 

I like the new do so far.

1 hour ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Season 4 (which I think was in 2009) had a segment where a group got up to dance during practice and Judy said (paraphrasing) "Group 1, up for "Baby I'm a Star'." It feels like they have used it forever. 

They have used it since the 80s but revamped some of the choreo this time. 

1 hour ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

HEY! LETS SEE HOW MANY DCC'S ARE DMING YOU! (in reality, these dcc's who dm'd her or him are prolly thinking this person is a weirdo)

Ima still say ZERO.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, sATL said:

Great question. Speaking of current season of MTT - let me re - ask this question. Prior to COVID, the current season episode threads had  a certain amount of "lively fun" because comments were made while the episode was currently aired. Last season - seems like the episode  threads fell by the way side because (1) no one watched the show live and (2) because of COVID, the entire training camp was different and some of the annual joy was lost from watching the show all together, even later. Several episode I think it was a struggle to fill a page of posts.

Do we know if training camp 2021  is exactly or close to like Seasons 1-14 was ?

And I will repeat (again with fear) - not everything was horrible about how TC went last year. There were a few modifications I liked.

I would prefer if IG posts were a separate thread, as they have nothing to do with the show, and can into too much detail what what dress, shoes or lipstick someone is wearing where.

But I would change my vote if people are watching IG more than the episodes. Then it will make sense to do both in one topic thread.

My biggest complaint was the “live chat” thread. I felt like I had to read 2 separate threads to get caught up. Just have the episode threads and “live chat” in those. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 7
3 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Oh you mean like, (off the top off my head):

Anything said during preliminary round? “The ‘nos’ are easy. Have they seen our uniform?”

Saying Brandy Kilby looked like a stripper?

Or Meredith Martinez’s “gummy” smile

Everything she said about Megan Martinez - she literally calls her ugly during makeovers (“She almost got cute”).

Calling Ike Irene untrustworthy for her social media photos (but allowing Whitney Isleib on the team after posting trashy photos to social media AND keeping her after she posted photos the infamous blackface costume).  

Blonde Stephanie’s “cankles” 

Shitting on Ashley Pro for being “stuck up”

Vivians “drumstick” legs

Accusing Colby of being all “shot up on Botox” before ever sitting down to talk with her face to face   

Every girl dismissed for being “fat” (Victoria of the early seasons-but NOT Victoria of the later seasons, Grace Lee, Elizabeth Reuter, Hannah West) 

And the one that still inflames me, coining “Thutt” in reference to the gorgeous Megan. 

You mean like that kinda stuff?

I'm not very averse to the things Kelli and them say. I expect it from them. I think they can get kinda dirty/extra with it though. I think cheerleading epitomizes vanity and pageantry like many other industries do which is reflective of the world we live in. (Modeling, acting in some cases, pageants, et cetera.)  They model for calendars, do runway shows, et cetera. Several people that tryout for DCC are also pageant winners of some kind. Also, isn't/hasn't Miss America runner-up been point for like two years. Cheerleaders kinda exist to be objectified. That's what most male fans, the primary consumers of the NFL, who go to games do anyway. (Peep their IG comments.) Looks matter more than anything. They gotta make them all as attractive as possible without completely throwing away dance/character for business. I don't expect the DCC to solve/take down the world's problems or even get ahead of other industries in this way. 

Edited by bruh
Clarification.
  • Love 2

I realize that this info is likely out there but I'm unable to locate it...

Do we have any info on when/where the auditions/training camp Making the Team will be broadcast? Help, please.

55 minutes ago, Beden said:

Do we have any info on when/where the auditions/training camp Making the Team will be broadcast? Help, please.

The show will start airing on CMT Friday, September 17th. Crazy slow turnaround IMO. 

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Beden said:

Hi, Dcc making the team premiers September 17th on CMT

57 minutes ago, Beden said:

If I’m understanding the question correctly, MTT premieres on September 17th on CMT. You can also buy a season pass on Amazon prime or iTunes I believe. Not sure on how to watch if you’re not in the US (I know we have some international viewers here)

Edited by Touch the Star
Typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Season 4 (which I think was in 2009) had a segment where a group got up to dance during practice and Judy said (paraphrasing) "Group 1, up for "Baby I'm a Star'." It feels like they have used it forever. 

It’s a timeless song! In my high school dance classes my instructor would use Prince and classic Michael Jackson songs to go across the floor. I still love listening to those songs.

• Love 9

this is random but I'm planning on being a DCC for Halloween and does anyone know if there's a tutorial on Thunderstuck anywhere? I doubt by a DCC but one maybe not by a DCC? I pretty much know the entire routine already but I want to make it perfect lmfao

• Love 4
16 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Accusing Colby of being all “shot up on Botox” before ever sitting down to talk with her face to face   

I liked her a lot as a person on the show but I absolutely refuse to believe she did not have any botox or cosmetic surgery. That face screamed ‘plastic’. Her features seemed frozen and at some points even unnatural. So I can totally see where Kelli was coming from.
Unpopular opinion (probably): As looks are such an important aspect of a DCC, I think Kelli has every right to ask certain questions or criticize somebody who wants to be one. Yet I do question her habit of doing do on tv . Those conversations should be held in private, not out in the open for everyone to see. 

Edited by LilyD
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

I liked her a lot as a person on the show but I absolutely refuse to believe she did not have any botox or cosmetic surgery. That face screamed ‘plastic’. Her features seemed frozen and at some points even unnatural. So I can totally see where Kelli was coming from.
Unpopular opinion (probably): As looks are such an important aspect of a DCC, I think Kelli has every right to ask certain questions or criticize somebody who wants to be one. Yet I do question her habit of doing do on tv . Those conversations should be held in private, not out in the open for everyone to see. 

Kelli's been doing this for 15 seasons now, she's pretty much an actress at this point! 🤣 so she knows how to get the ratings, the drama, the reactions, etc. I totally agree with you though!

Edited by DCC93
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, kalibean said:
7 hours ago, Beden said:

The show will start airing on CMT Friday, September 17th. Crazy slow turnaround IMO. 

Thank you Ladies, appreciated!

• Love 1