Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

On 9/5/2021 at 4:38 PM, M1977G said:

I have this recurring idea that Jessica is going to become fierce and could be a GL down the line. I see a lot of potential in her performance, and I think that she may figure out the glam thing and really shine. She has absolutely stunning eyes, and I think a slightly different shade of blonde with some color variation could do wonders for her glam factor. I think she was captain of the same HS dance team as Lacey, so I suspect, for whatever reason, that she has some more killer moves and fire in her performance as well as leadership potential. She definitely was a blender to me last year, but I kept thinking that I hope she doesn't stay a blender.

I think performance wise, what Kat has going for her--besides her energy and her genuine smile when she performs--is that, as untrained a dancer as she is, she has pretty clean lines. Mostly pointed toes, very straight legs with good extension, and strong upper carriage and arms. Those are often the areas of dancing that really seem to keep some really gifted but under-trained dancers off the team--messy feet (Judy would say clunky or floppy), weak arms, etc. I think her gymnastics training saves her on this and gave her a decent enough foundation to build on to improve as a DCC over the years. I think she is very fun to watch and does not stick out as often as she used to for her unpolished dancing.

Honestly, if Kat had auditioned prob the first five or six seasons, she'd be a shoe-in and on par with most of their best dancers. The level of technicality has skyrocketed since those first seasons. Yeah there are always a few Whitney Otts and Evan Andersons with perfect technique, but far more Brooke Sorenson, Nicole Hamiltons with decent technique and excellent showmanship. Kat may not be Nicole, but she has great showmanship and has demonstrated that she is teachable. 

If I had to pick a point out of this rookie class, KayDianna first choice hands down.

• Love 12

As one of the marketing professionals on here, these stupid mistakes really do hurt my feelings.

I would have been thrilled to work for the DCC as a fresh college grad for peanuts, just to have the experience on my resume and to make great contacts. (Which is totally what I did except for a different Dallas based company.) They can do so much better than misspelling and lazy posts.  There are so many influencers and professionals creating great media content, so I’m surprised when we don’t get top notch from any branch of the highest valued sports franchise in the world. 

Takes me back to the boring, sloppy mess that is Haley’s LinkedIn. Sigh. Do better! 

• Love 19
14 hours ago, bruh said:

Apologies in that case. I know snark/sarcasm is big on this forum, but I find it hard to determine what is genuine and what isn't online at times.

Not to worry, you made several valid points anyway! 

• Love 6

It is getting close to Sept. 17th, but I do not have CMT in my current cable package. I want to watch season 16 MTT episodes on their actual air date, so is renewing CMT going to be my only option? I am not sure Paramount Plus would have the new episodes available on their exact air date.

Another option for those who don't want to wait on iTunes or Amazon (which sometimes takes a day or two to upload the new episode, is sign up for Philo.  I believe the first 7 days are a free trial then $25/month.

But as @kalibean said above, a season pass with iTunes or Amazon is cheaper if you don't mind waiting when episodes sometimes get held up and post late.

Edited by go4luca
missing comma
  • Love 6

Really looking forward to the new season! I love going into it knowing the past TCCs who make the squad this year. There is a part of me that can see why Tori and Ashlinn didn't make it last season--they both had to grow on me over the course of the season and on rewatches of the episodes. I loved Ashlinn's audition video and had her pegged as one of the best dancers, but in training camp, she did not immediately nail the DCC style or choreography and sometimes was ahead of the music. I think Tori is beautiful and I pretty much always thought she was a great dancer with DCC choreo, and I found myself pulling for her to make the team over this summer, but I may always side eye her a little for her ignorance about Brett Kavanaugh and the Supreme Court. (I get it, she is auditioning to be a cheerleader and not a paralegal, but it bumped her below a lot of the other TCCs in my book last year.)

Even when the season originally was airing, though, I thought Tori should have made the team over Alora-Rose, and she was the only rookie cut of the summer I didn't agree with. I will not miss A-R one bit, and I am super intrigued to see how they play Alora-Rose and Amanda's departures from the team. I recall an insider suggesting that one of them would be made to look like they were cut instead of walking away of their own volition. (Insert suspenseful music here.) 

As for Madeline S., I came to really like her presence and thought she would make a great DCC but needed more time to polish her style and up the power. All three of these ladies make for nice comeback stories in some hard times, so it's nice to have that part of the show to look forward to.

Question: In one of the season teasers, Kelli is shown telling a blonde TCC that she came in near the top of the rookie candidates and was in danger of really falling behind. Who is that, and does she make the team? 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Really looking forward to the new season! I love going into it knowing the past TCCs who make the squad this year. There is a part of me that can see why Tori and Ashlinn didn't make it last season--they both had to grow on me over the course of the season and on rewatches of the episodes. I loved Ashlinn's audition video and had her pegged as one of the best dancers, but in training camp, she did not immediately nail the DCC style or choreography and sometimes was ahead of the music. I think Tori is beautiful and I pretty much always thought she was a great dancer with DCC choreo, and I found myself pulling for her to make the team over this summer, but I may always side eye her a little for her ignorance about Brett Kavanaugh and the Supreme Court. (I get it, she is auditioning to be a cheerleader and not a paralegal, but it bumped her below a lot of the other TCCs in my book last year.)

Even when the season originally was airing, though, I thought Tori should have made the team over Alora-Rose, and she was the only rookie cut of the summer I didn't agree with. I will not miss A-R one bit, and I am super intrigued to see how they play Alora-Rose and Amanda's departures from the team. I recall an insider suggesting that one of them would be made to look like they were cut instead of walking away of their own volition. (Insert suspenseful music here.) 

As for Madeline S., I came to really like her presence and thought she would make a great DCC but needed more time to polish her style and up the power. All three of these ladies make for nice comeback stories in some hard times, so it's nice to have that part of the show to look forward to.

Question: In one of the season teasers, Kelli is shown telling a blonde TCC that she came in near the top of the rookie candidates and was in danger of really falling behind. Who is that, and does she make the team? 

That’s Ava and she was the last cut 

• Useful 5
8 hours ago, kalibean said:

As one of the marketing professionals on here, these stupid mistakes really do hurt my feelings. I would have been thrilled to work for the DCC as a fresh college grad for peanuts, just to have the experience on my resume and to make great contacts. They can do so much better than misspelling and lazy posts.  There are so many influencers and professionals creating great media content, so I’m surprised when we don’t get top notch from any branch of the highest valued sports franchise in the world. 

I think part of the problem is that there is a lot of complacency in the DCC organization and the thinking is that "oh we have such a big built-in fanbase that's not going anywhere and they don't care what we post about so long as we perform & look hot doing it!" At least that's the impression I get. Also I think the fact that the organization is filled with the Jones's family & friends contributes to the issues you mentioned because those friends & family are either in total lockstep with the Jones's thinking that things are fine as they are & that little details such as misspelling or lazy posts don't matter or that they want to change things & do better, but are afraid to go against "the family".

23 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

This is a stunning photo of Tori. I am happy that she decided to re-audition. 

240466289_1214939135636752_3519929157634885873_n.thumb.jpg.3978a79c88b4227ee62e680b8e377b7c.jpg

Same here! Sometimes those game day photographers manage to get some great pictures!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

Another option for those who don't want to wait on iTunes or Amazon (which sometimes takes a day or two to upload the new episode, is sign up for Philo.  I believe the first 7 days are a free trial then $25/month.

But as @kalibean said above, a season pass with iTunes or Amazon is cheaper if you don't mind waiting when episodes sometimes get held up and post late.

As someone relatively new to the process of buying the season what is the best option?  YouTube, Amazon etc. Which has the option to download  for off line watching.

39 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

As someone relatively new to the process of buying the season what is the best option?  YouTube, Amazon etc. Which has the option to download  for off line watching.

I can confirm Amazon prime video has this ability! When I traveled for work I’d download all the seasons and watch on the plane. 

Apple TV does as well. 

Edited by evasworld123
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

Is the music still bad on Amazon? I found it unwatchable with the fake music. 

On 9/6/2021 at 4:40 AM, Cj1 said:

Since starting video try-outs the talent is top- notch. I can't wait to see these girls dance. The show better have lots of dancing!

I also think the video try-outs help K&J focus on the individual and the really good dancers don’t get missed, like Kelli Q did, along with others. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Trixi said:

I also think the video try-outs help K&J focus on the individual and the really good dancers don’t get missed, like Kelli Q did, along with others. 

I agree with this and that it broadens the pool of dancers and helps more feel they can try out, but I suppose on the flip side, it’s easier for people to edit their videos and in person you obviously can’t do that and they can judge their ability to dance on the fly as they don’t know what music will be played at auditions and can give a better judge of rhythm. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Collette1104 said:

No clue about Amazon.  I've only purchased seasons from iTunes but subbed music is used on iTunes seasons. CMT would need to buy the rights to all the original music used and that gets expensive.  Plus the costs of re-upping the music usage beyond the original timeframe negotiation.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Collette1104 said:

lol yes Amazon and Apple still substitute the music 🙃 It’s definitely not my favorite but doesn’t ruin the experience for me!

I believe Philo and YouTube TV use proper music, but you can’t download for offline watching. Some one correct me if I’m wrong. 

1 hour ago, evasworld123 said:

I believe Philo and YouTube TV use proper music, but you can’t download for offline watching. Some one correct me if I’m wrong. 

If you consider viewing a show saved on DVR as download watching, both Philo & YouTubeTV offer DVR usage.

• Love 1

Just dropping in to say that I think the Chandi-Rachel-Ashlee triangle is the most beautiful triangle they've had in a while. All are stunners to me, and ITA that Chandi is giving Rachel W a run for her money in the photogenetics department, because she looks killer in every photo and has so much life and energy in her face and body lines. 

I still am a bit upset for Caroline, as she seems to have been demoted a bit in the triangle but still is a great performer. I see that Marissa is up further than Caroline in one of the formations posted here, and that is just ridiculous to me. I think she gets caught making faces in photos a bit too much or something, because she has been one of my favorite dancers since her rookie season and when her photos are good, they are great. But Chandi nails it every time, so maybe it is the photo factor that edged Caroline out of the front triangle. I hate that for her, even as I like everyone in the two triangles. (Note: I don't love Lexie and am ready for her to retire, but she saved the Amy-Maddie-Lexie triangle looks-wise and I don't think she should be demoted from her spot.) 

• Love 16
5 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

I agree with this and that it broadens the pool of dancers and helps more feel they can try out, but I suppose on the flip side, it’s easier for people to edit their videos and in person you obviously can’t do that and they can judge their ability to dance on the fly as they don’t know what music will be played at auditions and can give a better judge of rhythm. 

Except the only time they'll ever need to dance "on the fly" is at prelims -- so how important is that ability? The only time anyone has a "choice" (and even then it's a memorized dance) is when the group leaders call dances on the sidelines.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, M1977G said:

Just dropping in to say that I think the Chandi-Rachel-Ashlee triangle is the most beautiful triangle they've had in a while. All are stunners to me, and ITA that Chandi is giving Rachel W a run for her money in the photogenetics department, because she looks killer in every photo and has so much life and energy in her face and body lines. 

I still am a bit upset for Caroline, as she seems to have been demoted a bit in the triangle but still is a great performer. I see that Marissa is up further than Caroline in one of the formations posted here, and that is just ridiculous to me. I think she gets caught making faces in photos a bit too much or something, because she has been one of my favorite dancers since her rookie season and when her photos are good, they are great. But Chandi nails it every time, so maybe it is the photo factor that edged Caroline out of the front triangle. I hate that for her, even as I like everyone in the two triangles. (Note: I don't love Lexie and am ready for her to retire, but she saved the Amy-Maddie-Lexie triangle looks-wise and I don't think she should be demoted from her spot.) 

Chandi is my fave on the team now. Love her growth from her rookie year. I always thought Ashley & Amanda would be the next points but Amanda is gone and I think Chandi will take out the spot next. 

if Rachel, Gina, Lexie all retire the next points will be Chandi and Amber. Calling it now! 

• Love 19
6 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

lol yes Amazon and Apple still substitute the music 🙃 It’s definitely not my favorite but doesn’t ruin the experience for me!

Wait… are they doing that and not CMT? Could it be possible that there are multiple ‘versions’ of the episodes where they have different music depending on where you watch it? Am just realizing I might actually see them dance to different songs here in Europe. (I absolutely hate the music they use as it is no match at all to the dances, but if this is what they do, I now get why it’s so bad)

I will never understand how you can do a professional dance show and refuse to invest in the music rights.

• Love 6

I remember in the final episode of S15 when they were showing the pictures from the first game the girls did there was a song playing in the background and the only lyrics I could make out were 'You know some girls get anything they want' and I wonder what the song is called - if anyone knows please tell me! I wish a list of all the songs used would be released so I could listen to them! 

3 hours ago, LilyD said:

Wait… are they doing that and not CMT? Could it be possible that there are multiple ‘versions’ of the episodes where they have different music depending on where you watch it? Am just realizing I might actually see them dance to different songs here in Europe. (I absolutely hate the music they use as it is no match at all to the dances, but if this is what they do, I now get why it’s so bad)

I will never understand how you can do a professional dance show and refuse to invest in the music rights.

I watched the show for YEARS on Prime Video before discovering the music was substituted. Definitely explains a lot of things lol. 

Edited by evasworld123
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, JayDKay said:

if Rachel, Gina, Lexie all retire the next points will be Chandi and Amber. Calling it now! 

Switch Amber with Ashlee and you got yourself a deal. 

Also, if there's one drawback to having so many different fan groups these days (This one, Reddit, Shade and Sun on FB, Gracie's group etc.), it's the varying timelines everybody is on. On here and some FB groups, we've started to look ahead to points for next year. Meanwhile on Reddit they can't wait for the tv season to start lol. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

I think Rachel will stay and be group 1 leader. Points will be Rachel and Amber. Behind them: Ashlee, Chandi, Claire, Caroline. Although... Ashlee is towards the older side right? Maybe she will want to retire

I think it is a big assumption to assume either Gina or Lexie will retire at the end of next season. They both are DCC to the core and love to dance. Unless their bodies tell them otherwise or life gets in the way I could see either going on to a sixth season and maybe even challenge Sydney D's title.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

I think it is a big assumption to assume either Gina or Lexie will retire at the end of next season. They both are DCC to the core and love to dance. Unless their bodies tell them otherwise or life gets in the way I could see either going on to a sixth season and maybe even challenge Sydney D's title.

I believe the title belongs to Vonceil Baker who cheered 8 seasons.  Both Regina Tucker and Sydney Durso cheered for 7 seasons.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

I believe the title belongs to Vonceil Baker who cheered 8 seasons.  Both Regina Tucker and Sydney Durso cheered for 7 seasons.

Yes it does. I mentioned Sydney because she is from CMT:MTT era

• Love 3
18 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

I watched the show for YEARS on Prime Video before discovering the music was substituted. Definitely explains a lot of things lol. 

I don't think that Prime does that, though.  The show us sent out the way CMT edits it and the various streaming services don't have the ability to change it.  It's CMT that is making the crappy music choices.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
Just now, Omeletsmom said:

I don't think that Prime does that, though.  The show us sent out the way CMT edits it and the various streaming services don't have the ability to change it.  It's CMT that is making the crappy music choices.

Yes yes believe you are correct. CMT makes those choices, not the streaming services. 

• Useful 1
On 8/30/2021 at 1:05 AM, lexie3248 said:

I don’t know if it’s just that her kicks are so good but the other seem very low to me. 

Found this picture on Twitter.

7060CEC6-EC88-4251-9D1D-5207637AD3B1.jpeg

Jada has the best kicks in recent years... I even rank her above Holly and Lacey.. my former fave kickers 🤗

8 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

Vonceil's sister, Vanessa, cheered for 7 as well. 🤗

• Love 5
9 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

I sincerely hope TPTB learned something from the most recent vets who went over 5 years? (Jenna and Sydney) neither was particularly successful, though to Jenna’s credit, she always had a fantastic field presence and was amazing as a dancer. If you ask me, 5 years is the limit. After that, move on…

• Love 7
9 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

I think it is a big assumption to assume either Gina or Lexie will retire at the end of next season.

Not sure how many years Lexie was with the Mavs, but I would be shocked if she stays. I wouldn't, however, be shocked if Gina stays for at least another year as long as her knee stays healthy.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Not sure how many years Lexie was with the Mavs, but I would be shocked if she stays. I wouldn't, however, be shocked if Gina stays for at least another year as long as her knee stays healthy.

She was on the Mavs for two years 

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

According to the research I was doing for the name database (aka back when Pompedia was working :/) Both Vonciel and her sister Vanessa Baker have the record for having the most seasons cheering for DCC at 8 seasons (if you count Cowbelles and Beaux) If you don't then Vonciel is the record holder.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

I sincerely hope TPTB learned something from the most recent vets who went over 5 years? (Jenna and Sydney) neither was particularly successful, though to Jenna’s credit, she always had a fantastic field presence and was amazing as a dancer. If you ask me, 5 years is the limit. After that, move on…

I don't know, both were show group, group leaders, Jenna would have been point and prob pro bowl if she hadn't screwed herself over. But yeah, 5 years is a good solid run for anyone. After that, move on to All-Stars or it becomes kinda pathetic, like the 25 year old guy who won't stop lingering around the high school.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I don't know, both were show group, group leaders, Jenna would have been point and prob pro bowl if she hadn't screwed herself over. But yeah, 5 years is a good solid run for anyone. After that, move on to All-Stars or it becomes kinda pathetic, like the 25 year old guy who won't stop lingering around the high school.

I am still sticking with my theory that there is now a 5 year cap on how long you can be a DCC. 

In other news, can we bring the circle kicks back? This is the only picture I could find on Getty Images, but it looks hard but cool at the same time.

the-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-perform-

• Love 13
3 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I am still sticking with my theory that there is now a 5 year cap on how long you can be a DCC. 

In other news, can we bring the circle kicks back? This is the only picture I could find on Getty Images, but it looks hard but cool at the same time.

I think Sydney and Jenna got to stick around past year 5 because both were only 23 or 24 when they hit 5 years. I feel like the powers that be will point Lexie toward retirement and put her on All-Stars.

7 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I think Gina will confirm this because she has only been point for 1 year so that wouldn’t be her reason for leaving (like Maddie did in my opinion)