Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

26 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Here's something we haven't yet talked about...who's gonna be the center girl of the squad photo? If I had it my way I would put Ashlee as the center girl, but it would most likely be Gina.

Last year Rachel Yuki was front and center so I wonder how they can demote her. Amanda, Kat and Victoria were 3rd row, so Kat is probably front row now. Dani had also a very prominent position, last year, in front of all her classmates, so I think she also could find herself front row now.

Edited by Pau84
edit
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Here's something we haven't yet talked about...who's gonna be the center girl of the squad photo? If I had it my way I would put Ashlee as the center girl, but it would most likely be Gina.

My guess is Kat or Chandi, with Dani moved way up. Rachel will probably be on the floor in front.

Here was last year's, in case people forgot (like me):

Dallas_Cowboys_Squad_2020.jpg

Edited by cgloss
  • Love 4

I get the honour/esteem of being front row and especially front row centre, but my eye always goes to the upper centre person first and out & around from there. First row & floor are usually the last I see.

Screenshot_20210827-141546_Chrome.jpg

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Last year Rachel Yuki was front and center so I wonder how they can demote her. Amanda, Kat and Victoria were 3rd row, so Kat is probably front row now. Dani had also a very prominent position, last year, in front of all her classmates, so I think she also could find herself front row.

This is how I would put the girls (using the 2020 format since it's still a roster of 36)

Front Row: Gina, Caroline, Rachel W, Lexie
Second Row: Taylor, Kat, Amber M, Ashlee, Madeline M, Chandi, Jalyn 
Third Row: Jessica, Kelcey, Darian, Dani, Erin, Armani, McKenzie, Jada
Fourth Row: Elli, Kleine, Kristin, Claire, Marissa, Amber L,
Fifth Row: Tori, Christina, Madeline S, Rebecca, Ashlinn
Top Row: Kaydianna, Megan, Kelee, Lea, Jensen, Tyra

• Love 6

I’m not even a huge Claire fan but my guess is that she’ll be moved much closer up as well. Claire, Chandi, Marissa, Kat, Dani and Darian are all moving WAY up. 

• Love 10
20 hours ago, bruh said:

I'm not very averse to the things Kelli and them say. I expect it from them. I think they can get kinda dirty/extra with it though. I think cheerleading epitomizes vanity and pageantry like many other industries do which is reflective of the world we live in. (Modeling, acting in some cases, pageants, et cetera.)  They model for calendars, do runway shows, et cetera. Several people that tryout for DCC are also pageant winners of some kind. Also, isn't/hasn't Miss America runner-up been point for like two years. Cheerleaders kinda exist to be objectified. That's what most male fans, the primary consumers of the NFL, who go to games do anyway. (Peep their IG comments.) Looks matter more than anything. They gotta make them all as attractive as possible without completely throwing away dance/character for business. I don't expect the DCC to solve/take down the world's problems or even get ahead of other industries in this way. 

I get what you are saying.  I recently viewed the DC R&B tab on the cowboys site and found it interesting. I've only seen them in action a couple of times during half time when they have performed with the DCC.  I was surprised that they fulfill a more diverse entertainment that incorporates not only dancing and drums but some traditional cheerleader roles as well   ☺️ 😲

One could interpret the creation of the DC R&B dancers as a change from their “old” entertainment business model.  It certainly opens up the possibility that they could stop selling swimsuit calendars entirely, lose or change the iconic DCC uniform (after all it's in the Smithsonian museum) and just incorporate the DCC into the DC R&B since dancing is the main theme for both groups without losing anything entertainment wise. The Cowboys organization could still use people from either group for charity functions, team calendars and ambassadors.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/rhythm-and-blue/

• Love 4
1 minute ago, LynneH said:

I get what you are saying.  I recently viewed the DC R&B tab on the cowboys site and found it interesting. I've only seen them in action a couple of times during half time when they have performed with the DCC.  I was surprised that they fulfill a more diverse entertainment that incorporates not only dancing and drums but some traditional cheerleader roles as well   ☺️ 😲

One could interpret the creation of the DC R&B dancers as a change from their “old” entertainment business model.  It certainly opens up the possibility that they could stop selling swimsuit calendars entirely, lose or change the iconic DCC uniform (after all it's in the Smithsonian museum) and just incorporate the DCC into the DC R&B since dancing is the main theme for both groups without losing anything entertainment wise. The Cowboys organization could still use people from either group for charity functions, team calendars and ambassadors.

The dcrb is great they are vet only squad again this season no need and having a full audition when only like 3 or 4 retired 

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Last year Rachel Yuki was front and center so I wonder how they can demote her. Amanda, Kat and Victoria were 3rd row, so Kat is probably front row now. Dani had also a very prominent position, last year, in front of all her classmates, so I think she also could find herself front row now.

Front center spot usually goes to whoever made the calendar cover

• Useful 8
4 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I get the honour/esteem of being front row and especially front row centre, but my eye always goes to the upper centre person first and out & around from there. First row & floor are usually the last I see.

The past few years they have put 11 in the front. 
My guess is they will stick to mostly seniority. There are 14 DCC that are 3rd-5th year veterans. Likely all 4th and 5th years will make it to the two front rows.
That leaves the 4 veterans that are 3rd year: Kat, Kelcey, Chandi, and Kristin.
My bet is on Kat and Chandi getting more prominent spots, with Kristin and Kelsey just moving up one row.

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

The past few years they have put 11 in the front. 
My guess is they will stick to mostly seniority. There are 14 DCC that are 3rd-5th year veterans. Likely all 4th and 5th years will make it to the two front rows.
That leaves the 4 veterans that are 3rd year: Kat, Kelcey, Chandi, and Kristin.
My bet is on Kat and Chandi getting more prominent spots, with Kristin and Kelsey just moving up one row.

I will say this...I am glad that Kelli and Judy decided to mostly stick to seniority when it comes to the squad photo. I mean they mostly stuck to that, but then they decide to put a random rookie in the front (example Melissa Rycroft and Abigail Klein)

• Love 4
4 hours ago, LynneH said:

All true. However, I do feel like the moneymaking power of the DCC could get in the way of some of that. As well as tradition which the Dallas Cowboys seem to value a lot. Certainly an interesting and not impossible concept though. Would not be opposed to it.

Edited by bruh
Clarification.
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, ClassicPegg said:

Actually, they have 5 rookies this year...

rookies.jpg

team.jpg

Weird bc they put out there roster and they aren’t listed so also I went to the game and saw the dcrb dance and they only had the vets out there 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

From the game day magazine 

90CB5C1E-DC26-40C3-9F86-E94B808E81D6.jpeg

They still have the 2020 roster online... Maryelle (red pants) posted this picture on July 19th, the day after auditions.  Also, this link from her IG shows Cheryl Lyons (new rookie) dancing on the far right.  (She has the firey red-orange hair.)  . https://www.instagram.com/p/CS3TEIED-wf/

So, I dunno... they must still be working on their media..

2021-08-27 (20).jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I'm betting Kat is going to get this spot. No idea for front center but I doubt it will be Gina.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ClassicPegg said:

They still have the 2020 roster online... Maryelle (red pants) posted this picture on July 19th, the day after auditions.  Also, this link from her IG shows Cheryl Lyons (new rookie) dancing on the far right.  (She has the firey red-orange hair.)  . https://www.instagram.com/p/CS3TEIED-wf/

So, I dunno... they must still be working on their media..

2021-08-27 (20).jpg

It is the Dallas cowboys organization so when it comes to social media we know they are way behind lol 

• LOL 11
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, cgloss said:

My guess is Kat or Chandi, with Dani moved way up. Rachel will probably be on the floor in front.

Here was last year's, in case people forgot (like me):

Dallas_Cowboys_Squad_2020.jpg

Now I'm curious....is the point of the triangle always front and center in the squad photo?  I'm going to have to go back and look now. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, SMP637 said:

Now I'm curious....is the point of the triangle always front and center in the squad photo?  I'm going to have to go back and look now. 

Not always in 2018 Alexis a second year was front and center 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, SMP637 said:

I don't think Kashara was front and center the 2 years  she was point ( link

Neither  was Nicole Hamilton ( link

I think the tie breaker in the photo is Judy's building of a "bouquet of flowers" by hair color, then seniority.

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 8/26/2021 at 9:30 PM, KnyghtRyder said:

Oh you mean like, (off the top off my head):

Anything said during preliminary round? “The ‘nos’ are easy. Have they seen our uniform?”

Saying Brandy Kilby looked like a stripper?

Or Meredith Martinez’s “gummy” smile

Everything she said about Megan Martinez - she literally calls her ugly during makeovers (“She almost got cute”).

Calling Ike Irene untrustworthy for her social media photos (but allowing Whitney Isleib on the team after posting trashy photos to social media AND keeping her after she posted photos the infamous blackface costume).  

Blonde Stephanie’s “cankles” 

Shitting on Ashley Pro for being “stuck up”

Vivians “drumstick” legs

Accusing Colby of being all “shot up on Botox” before ever sitting down to talk with her face to face   

Every girl dismissed for being “fat” (Victoria of the early seasons-but NOT Victoria of the later seasons, Grace Lee, Elizabeth Reuter, Hannah West) 

And the one that still inflames me, coining “Thutt” in reference to the gorgeous Megan. 

You mean like that kinda stuff?

Also saying Ika was less the girl next door, more like the girl last night. Hated the stripper comment towards Brandi, she’s so sweet and cute. 

• Love 17

The show hasn't started yet but these three girls are the cut tcc that I'm rooting for even-though I know they get cut.

Amanda - Her dancing from her IG posts are very strong. Maybe Kellie didn't like her look because she seems to have the DCC style. She's taking Jen's classes so I think she's considering to re-audition next year but who knows what will happen in a year.

Kylie - My personal favorite. She looks so cute. Her smile is everything. I don't know anything about her dancing though.

Ashley - I'm guessing she is the most liked cut tcc in this forum. Cute look.

• Love 6
On 8/22/2021 at 10:29 PM, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I think she's okay. She's a pretty girl, but I would never call her stunning. 😬 That's just my opinion. Looks are subjective all over the place in the world. 

That's how I feel about Madeline S.  She is pretty but looks more like Victoria to me.. same gummy smile that Victoria was crucified for.  But I'm also not a Madeline S fan.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Trixi said:

Also saying Ika was less the girl next door, more like the girl last night.

She really did pick on Ika, didn't she? There was something else during makeovers...Ika said something like "Could you believe I never had my hair done at a salon?" and Kelli answered with "I could believe it."  It was said in such a condescending way.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 22
5 hours ago, Kamal said:

The show hasn't started yet but these three girls are the cut tcc that I'm rooting for even-though I know they get cut.

Amanda - Her dancing from her IG posts are very strong. Maybe Kellie didn't like her look because she seems to have the DCC style. She's taking Jen's classes so I think she's considering to re-audition next year but who knows what will happen in a year.

Kylie - My personal favorite. She looks so cute. Her smile is everything. I don't know anything about her dancing though.

Ashley - I'm guessing she is the most liked cut tcc in this forum. Cute look.

The videos of Amanda, Bre and Cailey in Jen's prep class confuse me because all three look amazing! They must suck at interviews or not look right (in Kelli's eyes) in the uniforms!

I love Ashley too, she seems so lovely and has loads of field experience.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Anyone know why Dani Cassie and Elli are moving?

Probably to another house or apartment lease on the house they were in I’m sure was up

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

this is random but I'm planning on being a DCC for Halloween and does anyone know if there's a tutorial on Thunderstuck anywhere? I doubt by a DCC but one maybe not by a DCC? I pretty much know the entire routine already but I want to make it perfect lmfao

Well you are going to have to post a pic and vid for us!!!!

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Trixi said:

Also saying Ika was less the girl next door, more like the girl last night. Hated the stripper comment towards Brandi, she’s so sweet and cute. 

I'm a snarker for sure, and I truly believe Kelli's snark is why many of us enjoy the show.  I am okay with most of it, but not the character assault one's like Ika and Brandi.  If I was either girl's mom, I would probably go after Kelli!  The non-character ones though......that's just the show and what a lot of people watch for!  

• Love 3

As far as front and center in the pic goes, I definitely think Kat is a contender.  Then I remember Kelli talking about Darian last year.  (I think, tell me if I am wrong!) She said something like if she doesn't make it here, she should do runway.

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, Opine said:

As far as front and center in the pic goes, I definitely think Kat is a contender.  Then I remember Kelli talking about Darian last year.  (I think, tell me if I am wrong!) She said something like if she doesn't make it here, she should do runway.

I hope they give Kat a better wig though. Not being mean or funny its raggedy looking and she's better than that...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

Good for her, honestly…she found a way to keep in dance shape and a paycheck in a horrible year for professional dancers and live entertainers. 

Tried it, took what she could from it, moved on. Not a darn thing wrong with that! 

My only question Is why re audition if you were feeling this way why come back and then walk away right before the team is going to be announced 

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

My only question Is why re audition if you were feeling this way why come back and then walk away right before the team is going to be announced 

Yeah, that's the weird part to me too! Do we know for sure if she is the one that might be edited to look like a cut (or the Erica treatment of being completely erased)? I picture it going down like this....they bring her into the office and give her the whole 'we feel like you aren't into it' and instead of her then professing her love for the DCC, she was like, yeah, I'm just here cause there is nothing else to do at the moment back where I'd rather be (aka this wasn't my first choice) and when she saw TPTBs horrified faces she figured she better peace out before they save her for that last shocking cut....😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

A-R was hedging her bets, I would guess. A better opportunity probably popped up. Might be a big no no to do that in the NYC dance community, but unless she wants to do pro cheer again, probably won’t make a difference in her career unless she gets a horrible edit.  I assume they don’t sign the year long contracts until they officially make the squad, after camp?  

So maybe not the best thing for optics as far as DCC concerned, but best thing for her personally. She also might have thought the cameras and camp were better on the veteran side of things and found out not so much. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
7 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

The videos of Amanda, Bre and Cailey in Jen's prep class confuse me because all three look amazing! They must suck at interviews or not look right (in Kelli's eyes) in the uniforms!

I love Ashley too, she seems so lovely and has loads of field experience.

It also could have been nerves and/or pace. The tcc candidates may have had it a little "easier" the past two years with getting some dances ahead of time, but I'm sure it's still very nerve wracking with all of the critiquing going on and the fast pace doesn't help any of that.

• Love 4