Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, DCC93 said:

Oooo cute dress! She's one of the only girls on the team whose style I actually appreciate and like 🥴 everyone else (minus a few) desperately need the Fab Five from Queer Eye to visit their closets lol. I clearly woke up and chose violence today! 🤣 Congrats to Amber!!!

I’m here for it! I feel like lately here if you don’t say something about rainbows & sunshine you’re being mean and it’s not being mean it’s an honest opinion we all have them…

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

The more I think about the Daphne situation the angrier I get. She is a three year veteran DCC and show group member who has served the cheerleaders well. She has been injured but was making a good recovery and just needed more time to get back to best. Why did TPTB make her do solos and kick line when they did when the sensible thing to do would be leave it a few more weeks? They were compassionate with Danielle, Cassie and other DCC with injuries so why not Daphne? Do they think so little of the team members that they make them dance even when Kelli was saying on the clip how worried she was or was that just for effect and good drama....discuss!

Well said! Especially when sisterhood is one of the themes this season of MTT, I think giving Daphne the time she needs to recover would have been a great opportunity to highlight how DCC is not just a job, but a community. 

I hope that, especially early in her recovery, Daphne was only expected to come in on filming nights and even then was given the opportunity to do PT as an alternative to practice. Otherwise, they're squandering a reliable, talented dancer for the sake of their own egos. 

Obvi, there comes a point in training camp when every dancer who's there should be ready to be on the squad, but I hope Daphne was given as much time as possible before needing to prove herself this season. Also, that as a proven vet, that the TPTB gave her flexibility in her recovery process.

Also, I know all-stars are typically chosen after a DCC retires, but if Daphne, and Lisa and Victoria (depending on the circumstances that she left), were willing and able to be an all-star before reauditioning next season, that opportunity absolutely should have been extended to them

• Love 8
10 hours ago, LilyD said:

I’ve never been much of a Kat fan, but for me, this seals the deal… The outfit hurts my eyes, hair looks horrible and the cane should have been snapped in two and burned after that disastrous rookie final. But…I haven’t seen her solo so I’m guessing her dancing made up for the rest of the disastrous choices (since she made the team again)

I agree. Also we have to consider how well she did in training camp as a whole. Even if her solo is a bit weak in terms of styling (or lack thereof), if her dancing was great in training camp and when she auditioned for show group, that could have very well canceled out her phoning in her outfit and hair.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

The more I think about the Daphne situation the angrier I get. She is a three year veteran DCC and show group member who has served the cheerleaders well. She has been injured but was making a good recovery and just needed more time to get back to best. Why did TPTB make her do solos and kick line when they did when the sensible thing to do would be leave it a few more weeks? They were compassionate with Danielle, Cassie and other DCC with injuries so why not Daphne? Do they think so little of the team members that they make them dance even when Kelli was saying on the clip how worried she was or was that just for effect and good drama....discuss!

Wasn't it revealed that Daphne made the decision herself to leave because of her injury? I may be wrong, but I thought that the situation was that she made the call and it wasn't that she was asked to leave TC. If it was her choice, maybe at the start of training camp she thought she was doing better and could handle doing the kickline & solos, but then it became to hard for her to continue. At least I hope that was how it went down, bu I guess we'll find out soon enough.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 9/13/2021 at 12:48 AM, Bellisima08 said:

Wasn't it revealed that Daphne made the decision herself to leave because of her injury? I may be wrong, but I thought that the situation was that she made the call and it wasn't that she was asked to leave TC. If it was her choice, maybe at the start of training camp she thought she was doing better and could handle doing the kickline & solos, but then it became to hard for her to continue. At least I hope that was how it went down, bu I guess we'll find out soon enough.

As I understand it she compounded the injury doing the kick line and jump splits at what seems to have been a combined solos/show group audition. My point is that, had she been given more time, this might not have happened and DCC would not have lost a valuable member. She had no choice but to leave when she compounded her injury as part of that process. Totally avoidable in my opinion and smacks of sacrificing someone for the sake of a bit of drama.

Edited by PomPomPom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

As I understand it she it she compounded the injury doing the kick line and jump splits at what seems to have been a combined solos/show group audition. My point is that had she been given more time this might not have happened and DCC would not have lost a valuable member. She had no choice but to leave when she compounded her injury as part of that process. Totally avoidable in my opinion and smacks of sacrificing someone for the sake of a bit of drama.

That’s exactly how I see it she’s a victim of dramatic effect much like they had her faux graduation from UCLA for the show at the end of the day it seems they’re all disposable sadly…

• Love 6

Can someone explain to me these very produced engagements? How is anyone surprised when there are photographers, everyone is dressed up and all their friends and family are there? There seems to be a trend of these types of engagements and varies greatly from the intimate engagements of my day.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Mmkk said:

Can someone explain to me these very produced engagements? How is anyone surprised when there are photographers, everyone is dressed up and all their friends and family are there? There seems to be a trend of these types of engagements and varies greatly from the intimate engagements of my day.

It’s her birthday weekend as well 

• Love 1

Congrats to Amber! 

Re: the Daphne situation, I suddenly am feeling really lost based on recent posts. I just thought she had an untimely knee injury that caused her to bow out of auditions or training camp, but posts above suggest there is more to it. For her sake, I hope not. I am sad for Daphne that she ended her strong DCC career with an injury, and as someone else above said, we'll just have to see how it plays out on the show. Now, not that that's a guarantee we'll be shown what really happened, but it's probably the most we'll get as far as insight on that situation goes.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mmkk said:

I wonder if they are making it a special for the show. Since it was at the Star, even though they have just been away on holiday, and there were pro camera men there.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Jezlyn said:

I wonder if they are making it a special for the show. Since it was at the Star, even though they have just been away on holiday, and there were pro camera men there.

Since it was her birthday weekend, perhaps she was told they were doing some film of it at the Star and then she was surprised with the proposal? I wish her a lifetime of happiness with her future hubby!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Jezlyn said:

I’m doubting it’s for the show because Amanda and Hannah are there, I feel like after her cut scene they wouldn’t show Hannah. (Who looks incredible in her luvabulls pictures) 

it did say on the sneak peek about Daphne that she actually did her injury before auditions she completely ruptured it but felt no pain at all in it. I am wondering if she’s now had the surgery as in the pictures of Amber’s engagement she’s in flat sandals. I do hope she’s recovering well as she is one of my faves 

• Love 6

The problem with “they should have given Daphne more time” is there has to be a cut-off for everyone. Auditions have to happen at the same time each year to mark the beginning of the season, and unfortunately, as an athlete, you either have to be physically ready or not by a certain date. With Cassie and Danielle, they fumbled their auditions because of injury and were given a slight pass, but then were given time to recover once in training camp. Even if Daphne did not have her best audition, they did give her leeway with her injury and take her into TC knowing she would not be at her best. Even with Jinelle who had to leave to get her Visa extended, she still had to be physically present/participate in auditions before she could leave and get the leniency to miss practices in TC. So while it would be much more kind to soften auditions for an injured vet, it would be (to my knowledge) the first time they have ever done this. 

My guess for how things play out is the “oh I don’t even feel any pain” remark means that she is unknowingly doing heck knows how much additional damage to an already injured knee by not giving it the proper rehab time. And then it gets to a point where it’s so bad it cannot possibly be ignored. 

Edited by allitator
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, allitator said:

The problem with “they should have given Daphne more time” is there has to be a cut-off for everyone. Auditions have to happen at the same time each year to mark the beginning of the season, and unfortunately, as an athlete, you either have to be physically ready or not by a certain date. With Cassie and Danielle, they fumbled their auditions because of injury and were given a slight pass, but then were given time to recover once in training camp. Even if Daphne did not have her best audition, they did give her leeway with her injury and take her into TC knowing she would not be at her best. Even with Jinelle who had to leave to get her Visa extended, she still had to be physically present/participate in auditions before she could leave and get the leniency to miss practices in TC. So while it would be much more kind to soften auditions for an injured vet, it would be (to my knowledge) the first time they have ever done this. 

My guess for how things play out is the “oh I don’t even feel any pain” remark means that she is unknowingly doing heck knows how much additional damage to an already injured knee by not giving it the proper rehab time. And then it gets to a point where it’s so bad it cannot possibly be ignored. 

I completely understand your point of view but Daphne is not stupid, TPTB are not stupid and the stadium is full of dancers with similar experiences, trainers and former dancers who all know the "what's what" of ACL injuries. Putting someone in a position like that were they loose their well earned place if they don't dance and risk a serious injury for the sake of a few weeks to me is senseless and has a "couldn't care less" feel to it. I'll be interested to see it play out on MTT. I'm sure it will be great drama!

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Mmkk said:

Ok I work with a girl who has had church reserved since around Valentine's day and already bought a dress. Yet they are not "engaged" officially with a ring yet bc they want some big elaborate production sprung upon her with all the family present on both sides and that's hard during COVID. I don't get it. Its her Not Fiance wanting the big surprise production more than her, too. 

Daphne - she looks healthier and less weird rib cage area in her solo costume. I think she is just one who does not look good in the uniform but really good in other outfits. Glad though that she decided herself to not destroy her leg and also her face just looks less tired. 

• Love 1
On 9/10/2021 at 6:55 PM, Erinbridget said:

I seriously think Claire may be tied with Bridget for my fave DCCs of all time.

DEFINITELY two of my favorites ~ love watching both Claire, she's just amazing.......I have to add Melissa Wallace ~ Just. Unbelievable!  They both have that "it" factor!! And adding Ashlee to this group ~ I think she's finally appreciated and getting her comeuppance!! I wish I would've realized and paid attention to just how great Bridget was, I didn't really notice until her last year and she was such a dynamic dancer yet precious and joyful at the same time. Does that make sense? I think it was the twinkle in her eye and how much fun she always seemed to be having!  

1 minute ago, KoKo said:

DEFINITELY two of my favorites ~ love watching both Claire, she's just amazing.......I have to add Melissa Wallace ~ Just. Unbelievable!  They both have that "it" factor!! And adding Ashlee to this group ~ I think she's finally appreciated and getting her comeuppance!! I wish I would've realized and paid attention to just how great Bridget was, I didn't really notice until her last year and she was such a dynamic dancer yet precious and joyful at the same time. Does that make sense? I think it was the twinkle in her eye and how much fun she always seemed to be having!  

And of course, I'm team Gina all the way!   I think she's a spectacular dancer! She's at the top along with the ones I just mentioned as my all time faves!

• Love 10
21 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

I agree. Also we have to consider how well she did in training camp as a whole. Even if her solo is a bit weak in terms of styling (or lack thereof), if her dancing was great in training camp and when she auditioned for show group, that could have very well canceled out her phoning in her outfit and hair.

IMO, TPTB love Kat. Period.  They love her personality, her entertainment ability~ the way she draws people in.  Kat has to know by now that from her first solo, the cane should've been splintered into firewood-that's how much they disliked it.   She has enough confidence in herself though, that I feel she went in hot with that cane with humor- which is why we only saw the first few seconds of it........ God I hope I'm right - I can't help but love her though.   I personally think she's improved vastly as a DCC since her rookie year.  She has "star" power- not in technical ability, but she shines. 

• Love 21
10 hours ago, allitator said:

9 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

I completely understand your point of view but Daphne is not stupid, TPTB are not stupid and the stadium is full of dancers with similar experiences, trainers and former dancers who all know the "what's what" of ACL injuries. Putting someone in a position like that were they loose their well earned place if they don't dance and risk a serious injury for the sake of a few weeks to me is senseless and has a "couldn't care less" feel to it. I'll be interested to see it play out on MTT. I'm sure it will be great drama!

What did they do with Erika's shoulder injury? I know once she was in tc she was attending, but sitting on the sidelines and still even made a group leader until she royally screwed up at the HoF game. Did she go through auditions as usual with an injured shoulder, given a pass into tc, or hurt it during/after auditions?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Mmkk said:

Gotta do it for the gram! But seriously a lot of public figures do very produced photos for special events. I mean you have reality stars renting out whole freaking clubs & charging tickets for photo ops on their birthdays. Kanye West rented a giant stadium & orchestra to propose to Kim Kardashian & it was on the news. Heck even the average person can turn a gender reveal into a viral spectical (although those have gotten out of hand in my opinion).

Now in the case of this engagement, if the guy was doing it at her birthday celebration, then there is a chance she didn't suspect it was coming if she was already going to be dressed up and was expecting family to be there. If it was me, I wouldn't suspect it was coming at a birthday celebration. I would be suspicious if a guy I was dating was suddenly like, let's get dressed up really nice and go someplace fancy.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

Gotta do it for the gram! But seriously a lot of public figures do very produced photos for special events. I mean you have reality stars renting out whole freaking clubs & charging tickets for photo ops on their birthdays. Kanye West rented a giant stadium & orchestra to propose to Kim Kardashian & it was on the news. Heck even the average person can turn a gender reveal into a viral spectical (although those have gotten out of hand in my opinion).

Now in the case of this engagement, if the guy was doing it at her birthday celebration, then there is a chance she didn't suspect it was coming if she was already going to be dressed up and was expecting family to be there. If it was me, I wouldn't suspect it was coming at a birthday celebration. I would be suspicious if a guy I was dating was suddenly like, let's get dressed up really nice and go someplace fancy.

On one of the clips her soon to be hubby Hannah and one of her other friends said she had no clue 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 9/13/2021 at 9:06 PM, KoKo said:

And of course, I'm team Gina all the way!   I think she's a spectacular dancer! She's at the top along with the ones I just mentioned as my all time faves!

That's strong stuff comparing anyone with Bridget but in this case I have to agree. Marissa, well for once MR is nor wrong. She is a DCC through and through. Ashley just goes from strength to strength. It's remarkable the impact Bridget had on DCC in just two years. Veteran Of The Year on her second year, the only second year to ever achieve this. Great dancer, great team mate and from what I can see in social media a great friend and beautiful person.

Team Gina, yes that's me also. This woman got an unfounded and unproven bad press in her first year. Despite that she has become a popular team member, leader and hard core DCC. She has overcome an ACL injury and is back stronger than ever.  She was sadly overlooked last year when other less deserving got point but things have been rectified to an extent. I hope she has a great season and progresses to a sixth.

Edited by PomPomPom
  • Love 8
42 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

I remember reading that one major wildfire in CA in recent years began at a gender reveal party, and I haven't felt the same about them since!

I'm not usually that into these public spectacles and reality-TV-like life event productions, but this engagement looks so sweet! He sounds so sincere. Congrats to them both!

I am so antsy for Friday! The preview of solos makes me eager to see more of auditions, and I am ready to know what happened to poor Daphne. I am beyond curious to see if they are going to address VK's early retirement or not, and if so, how. Also, I have no real clue about any of the TCCs/rookies who are not comeback girls, so I am excited to get to see them dance for the first time. I will have to dig up the team roster from the forum so I can start keeping track of who's who. 

And I need to make my bingo card for the audition episodes!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, lexie3248 said:

I was just scrolling on tik tok and Amber’s proposal popped up on my feed 😄

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMR9S3t7b/

Oh man, I followed a few of the links connected from this initial post and I loved the one with their music (Bieber’s “Holy” and Bruno Mars “Marry Me.”) Her fiancée is in there answering questions too. What a doll!

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMR9Cx1SX/

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

What did they do with Erika's shoulder injury? I know once she was in tc she was attending, but sitting on the sidelines and still even made a group leader until she royally screwed up at the HoF game. Did she go through auditions as usual with an injured shoulder, given a pass into tc, or hurt it during/after auditions?

So it was certainly never mentioned that season, but it was my understanding that it either happened in training camp or had at the very least not been enough to impede her audition.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, kalibean said:

Oh man, I followed a few of the links connected from this initial post and I loved the one with their music (Bieber’s “Holy” and Bruno Mars “Marry Me.”) Her fiancée is in there answering questions too. What a doll!

Amber has beautiful legs.  I wish I had them.

2 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

2 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

(Fiance) Amber has beautiful legs.  I wish I had them.

Edited by Weeklydcc
Repetitive
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, kalibean said:

This is the sweetest proposal to date. I normally don't like the overdone big occasion proposals but wow, I had goose pimples. She seems likes such a lovely young lady and is just beautiful. I"m really happy for her, he's a lucky guy! 

• Love 8
18 hours ago, KoKo said:

IMO, TPTB love Kat. Period.  They love her personality, her entertainment ability~ the way she draws people in.  Kat has to know by now that from her first solo, the cane should've been splintered into firewood-that's how much they disliked it.   She has enough confidence in herself though, that I feel she went in hot with that cane with humor- which is why we only saw the first few seconds of it........ God I hope I'm right - I can't help but love her though.   I personally think she's improved vastly as a DCC since her rookie year.  She has "star" power- not in technical ability, but she shines. 

From what I know about this, her solo was both humorous and entertaining.  

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

From what I know about this, her solo was both humorous and entertaining.  

Kat might not be the most technically trained, but she has improved so much since being a rookie. I think she is actually on par with most of the team from prob the first 10 seasons or so.

The thing about Kat is she has better showmanship than most of them, she's gorgeous, she's approachable, and she can keep up, and i see her as the Sofia Vergara of the DCC - she's in on the joke for sure, hence the cane. She knows now that was a terrible idea, screams untrained, so she's going to own it and show how she's improved.

As for show group, it it was solely based on techincal talent, Kat would be one of the last in line. But overall, she's an excellent ambassador, beautiful, reliable, and can handle the less technical pieces for sure. Honestly if they just want male appeal and great calendar pics, I'd think she'd qualify for triangle over just about everyone else. 

• Love 21

Just saw on Instagram some juicy gossip about  why Hannah and them quit-it was stated that there was inappropriate touching of their bodies at personal events. Not sure of the truth In that but that could explain why Brennan said she didn’t like the way the team was headed.

• Useful 3
1 minute ago, Nanabanana said:

Just saw on Instagram some juicy gossip about  why Hannah and them quit-it was stated that there was inappropriate touching of their bodies at personal events. Not sure of the truth In that but that could explain why Brennan said she didn’t like the way the team was headed.

Hannah didn’t quit 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Possibly why they were cut?  Just what I read! You can find it under the 3 days till DCC making the team on Instagram. Someone addressed the girls that were cut and Hannah answered-then the girl answered her and spoke about inappropriate touching.

3 minutes ago, Nanabanana said:

Possibly why they were cut?  Just what I read! You can find it under the 3 days till DCC making the team on Instagram. Someone addressed the girls that were cut and Hannah answered-then the girl answered her and spoke about inappropriate touching.

The gal deleted whatever she said !! I take everything on ig with a grain of salt unless the cheerleader herself said it 

Edited by Holly85
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, Nanabanana said:

In the video with Robin and Jenna, Jenna said that a man once stuck his hand in her shorts at some event.  She said a fellow DCC came to her aid.  I think it was Melissa (the great dancer).  Anyway, inappropriate touching is not new.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

In the video with Robin and Jenna, Jenna said that a man once stuck his hand in her shorts at some event.  She said a fellow DCC came to her aid.  I think it was Melissa (the great dancer).  Anyway, inappropriate touching is not new.

Nope it’s not it apprently happens on all teams 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Nanabanana said:

Do you mean this comment?

IMG_0891.jpg

• Useful 1
10 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

the technique looks like it's there for madisyn! i just wish she wouldn't have pushed for so many turns 😬 while doing 5 turns (even if there's a hop or two) is impressive, for me at least it's much more impressive to see a super clean triple turn. i'll be interested to see what madisyn was cut for...possibly something related to power and punch?

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, MegzClarkie said:

IMG_0891.jpg

What Tailgate parties ? Is she talking abt the plaza preformances if so every year at those they are done on a stage with a fence around it !! With the newer plaza they have the flag runners put a rope around the area they will be dancing and stay there with them as they hold the rope 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

What Tailgate parties ? Is she talking abt the plaza preformances if so every year at those they are done on a stage with a fence around it !! With the newer plaza they have the flag runners put a rope around the area they will be dancing and stay there with them as they hold the rope 

I literally have no idea... or does she mean they are getting followed in their personal life to different parties/events? 

14 minutes ago, MegzClarkie said:

IMG_0891.jpg

This sounds like some wild assumptions to me and not actually someone in the know.

While I believe it certainly happens, and does with any pro sports dancers, and isn't acceptable. When DCC go anywhere in the stadium they have security with them and I doubt those fellas would turn a blind eye to a random grabbing one of the girls

Edited by Jezlyn
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, MegzClarkie said:

I literally have no idea... or does she mean they are getting followed in their personal life to different parties/events? 

Fans tail gate in the parking lots and the girls don’t come out there !!

• Love 1
23 hours ago, M1977G said:

I remember reading that one major wildfire in CA in recent years began at a gender reveal party, and I haven't felt the same about them since!

I'm not usually that into these public spectacles and reality-TV-like life event productions, but this engagement looks so sweet! He sounds so sincere. Congrats to them both!

I am so antsy for Friday! The preview of solos makes me eager to see more of auditions, and I am ready to know what happened to poor Daphne. I am beyond curious to see if they are going to address VK's early retirement or not, and if so, how. Also, I have no real clue about any of the TCCs/rookies who are not comeback girls, so I am excited to get to see them dance for the first time. I will have to dig up the team roster from the forum so I can start keeping track of who's who.

Yeah in the last few years there have been a couple of instances of fires being started from gender reveal parties due to poor mishandling of explosive devices. I've also heard a few stories about people being killed from explosive accidents so I'm kind of irritated by the trend now as nothing is worth the amount of property damage or loss of life.

I am right there with you about being antsy for Friday. I'm kind of hoping that they do address Victoria's departure, but I'm also prepared that they might not out of "respect for her privacy" which would be hypocritical of them considering that they put the loss of Shaina's friends out front & center in that one episode 2 years ago. Also can't wait to see Madeline S's journey through training camp.

• Love 5