Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CUxgtH0j90Z/?utm_medium=copy_link

For any So You Think You Can Dance fans, this is Alex Wong doing some DCC choreography. He was a part of the professional ballet and still crushes this choreography. I hope one day DCC considers a male cheerleader. 

Edit: I missed this is a paid ad thing. Other dancers are doing as well. This girl is amazing! https://www.instagram.com/reel/CUx938NhQnZ/?utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by evasworld123
  • Love 17
48 minutes ago, evasworld123 said:

For any So You Think You Can Dance fans, this is Alex Wong doing some DCC choreography. He was a part of the professional ballet and still crushes this choreography. I hope one day DCC considers a male cheerleader. 

Edit: I missed this is a paid ad thing. Other dancers are doing as well. This girl is amazing! https://www.instagram.com/reel/CUx938NhQnZ/?utm_medium=copy_link

I love Autumn Miller.  She's amazing and was even in Imagine Dragon's "Bad Liar" video.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

Hahaha love Alex. He still has some of my very favorite routines from that show 💙 Just say no to jump splits on pavers tho, OUCH. 

• Love 10
On 10/7/2021 at 11:39 AM, SMP637 said:

I'm gonna add Kelee to the favorite rookie list.... she seems so sweet...I just wanted to hug her during her confessional.  Plus she can dance and kick her butt off.

And she looks GORGEOUS in the uniform. That blue is 100% her color. 

• Love 10
On 10/5/2021 at 5:42 PM, ExtremeFajitas said:

On 10/5/2021 at 2:07 PM, DCC93 said:

Something about Ava gives me major Chelsea Elizabeth vibes. She seems sweet and all but why do I get this feeling she's a completely different person when the cameras are off and she's not in DCC land? I feel like K&J would say she's toxic in the locker room. Also I figured that one or the one of her dancing to T-Pain (where she's making humping gestures) could be the one K&J talked about, or she deleted it all together. Those are obviously made just for fun, but I could see K&J thinking it's distasteful. She seems to be really into TikTok and going viral... Most likely using DCC as a stepping stone just like Julia. That said, if she matures a little this year I could see her coming back and doing well!

Expand  

I don’t think she seems sweet at all. There is something about her attitude that I find off-putting. Almost like she thinks the whole process is a joke.

I think the word you are looking for is self-entitled.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Jcamille said:

What happened to Vets: Alora-Rose, Lisa, Victoria and another one who is not there?

Alora leaves for unknown reasons 

Lisa leaves to have surgery on her neck 

daphne blows her other acl and has to leave 

Victoria takes a leave before training camp started 

Amanda leaves supposbly for nfl vaccine mandate in other to be on the field 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Jcamille said:

What happened to Vets: Alora-Rose, Lisa, Victoria and another one who is not there?

Victoria chose not to audition this year (said on sm that she's taking a year off & will audition next year). Reason? All kinds of speculation, nothing definite.

Alora Rose & Amanda chose to leave during camp. Again, speculation, but no definite reason.

Lisa & Daphne left during camp due to injuries.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

She’s is Gina’s group which is group 2 

Thanks! Do you know who is in the middle of the back row in each group? I’m assuming its

Jessica and Tyra

Ashlinn and Megan

Dani and Kaydianna

Jada and Tori

• Love 1
On 10/7/2021 at 11:03 AM, StellaCL said:

I was excited that Madeline S. got to return to TC this year, and I am so glad she makes the team. It is probably out of season 14 loyalty though, I am not sure I would have liked her as well had she been a brand new recruit. She does have a bit of the "Lily" effect this season, she's so scared of not being perfect that she comes off a bit bland and blending in with the wallpaper. Also, a bit frail. The uniform fits better with a nice balance of toned curves, and she is on the super skinny end.  I would like to see some more footage that shows off the new and improved Madeline, like we saw of Erin when she returned and made it in season 13. Also, why have they not mentioned yet that she is a Legacy? Whats the deal?

I guess I just needed to wait until Episode 4! Madeline is doing a lot better this training camp and has really improved on the DCC style. I am glad she makes it, and I am glad Kelli/MTT finally mentioned her mother and didn't save legacy treatment for only certain people. 

• Love 14
53 minutes ago, evasworld123 said:

Maybe no sticker system this year?

Maybe they used the electric board and it got edited out because they had to ghost out Amanda getting all the stars.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7

The cuts this year seem so obvious.  Cailey was too hurt and the first five were easy.  I assume at this point Amanda is gone as I did not see her this episode.

Ava.  Girl grow up.  giggling am I cut?  She's so young but such a strong dancer.  She was back on form this week but her immaturity is going to get her off the team.

I heard so much this summer about Ashley W from the Dolphins and how great she was.  She looks lost every shot they show of her. The rookies seem very strong or the strugglebus set.  Not much in the middle.  I love Tori, Kaydiana, Kleine, Lea, Ashlin so great.  If I was a guest choreographer I would say let Kylie, Ashley W,Jordan all go now.  Melanie seems maybe in the middle but sliding to a cut.

Madeline S is doing much better and her hard work is showing.  I do believe that the first year it was a little fake humility as fire came out of her eyes when she was cut.  However, she's earning it this year.  Is she the top of her rookie class.  No but she is earning her boots.  

I was happy to see Lexie get some love since she killed it with Denise's chores and was so low on the leaderboard.  Kristen some times looks great and sometimes looks not so hot.   at least she is getting married and I believe moving on with her life.

And I love Denise's bluntness................there's going to be cuts.

Edited by Lexusprincess
  • Love 12
21 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

Alex Freakin’ Wong?! Love him! 

• Love 9
17 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Ava’s social media concerns by TPTB—I wonder if they told Marissa they didn’t like her carrot birthing.  

“Birthing a carrot?”!?!?!  What/how is this and how did I miss it?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Some tea... Marissa & her fiancé deleted all pics with each other and don't follow each other anymore. Can't wait to see what reasons y'all come up with! 🤣 she also posted a cryptic story. I'm hoping she didn't catch him doing some funny business. I thought they were cute. I feel bad for her.

Edited by DCC93
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DCC93 said:

Some tea... Marissa & her fiancé deleted all pics with each other and don't follow each other anymore. Can't wait to see what reasons y'all come up with! 🤣 she also posted a cryptic story. I'm hoping she didn't catch him doing some funny business. I thought they were cute. I feel bad for her.

They did break up so sad also Victoria isn’t with her boyfriend anymore either 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 9
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

They did break up so sad also Victoria isn’t with her boyfriend anymore either 

Yikes! I just saw Victoria scrubbed him from her Instagram! Hopefully wanting to spend more time with him wasn't the main reason she didn't audition again. They always say you should never plan things around a guy & if she gave up a year on the team for him only for them to break up....that would feel like such a waste. At least it would to me.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, DCC93 said:

2 hours ago, kalibean said:

Once I saw the show last year and not just still pics, she’s really a cutie and lights up when she dances. Super fun to watch. 

I have been thinking about who might retire in the next year or two. Claire and Marissa have the triangle thing locked down as long as the older vets don't decide to go for 6 or 7 years or longer. Heartbreak is terrible, but she's poised to takeover as DCC elite if she wants it and decides to have a long tenure on the team. I noticed MTT isn't mentioning her at all though so far this season, but she is quite talented and fun to watch. I was surprised Kelli didn't mention her when she did "tonight my camera would go to Ashlee, Lexie" etc. thing in last night's episode.

Edited by StellaCL
typo
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

I have been thinking about who might retire in the next year or two. Claire and Marissa have the triangle thing locked down as long as the older vets don't decide to go for 6 or 7 years or longer. Heartbreak is terrible, but she's poised to takeover as DCC elite if she wants it and decides to have a long tenure on the team. I noticed MTT isn't mentioning her at all though so far this season, but she is quite talented and fun to watch. I was surprised Kelli didn't mention her when she did "tonight my camera would go to Ashlee, Lexie" etc. thing in last night's episode.

I don’t think anyone will go 6-7 years or longer to be honest 

• Love 10
22 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Alora leaves for unknown reasons 

Lisa leaves to have surgery on her neck 

daphne blows her other acl and has to leave 

Victoria takes a leave before training camp started 

Amanda leaves supposbly for nfl vaccine mandate in other to be on the field 

The fact that it appears Amanda is getting the Erica edit, makes me think this is true. I don’t think Kelli/Charlotte want to publicly deal with the controversial topic of vax mandates 

• Love 15

Got around to watching the episode, and wow. Am SOOOO happy Madeline S. made the team. I know there are skeptics out there, and their concerns may be as valid as her fans' praise but as for me I really do see her as a DCC and am really excited to see her career. Perhaps down the road she really strengthens and gets on show group? GL? Can't wait to find out! 

• Love 12
15 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

Thanks! Do you know who is in the middle of the back row in each group? I’m assuming its

Jessica and Tyra

Ashlinn and Megan

Dani and Kaydianna

Jada and Tori

Do you know who gets point and who makes up the little triangle? Thanks!.

3 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I want to hug her as well 

What happened to Marissa?

• Love 1

I want to hug Marissa and Victoria.  Honestly though both should experience more life before settling down with a guy.  Losing the serious boyfriend is tough.  

since I believe they should all move on after 5 hopefully we will see new faces in the triangle next year.  I’d love to see Claire as point one day 

Edited by Lexusprincess
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

I want to hug Marissa and Victoria.  Honestly though both should experience more life before settling down with a guy.  Losing the serious boyfriend is tough.  

since I believe they should all move in after 5 hopefully we will see new faces in the triangle next year.  I’d love to see Claire as point one day 

All of this. I think relationships and break ups are just part of growing up. You learn a few things about yourself and what you need in a partner, and maybe you grow together and mostly at that age you don’t. And it’s totally fine! Marissa and Victoria both are young. So young. 

I can’t imagine VK left the squad to spend more time with her boyfriend - doesn’t fit the “unselfish, mature” decision. Tho I don’t know that anyone figured that part out. Maybe just an injury or time to work on herself personally.

I think 18-21 are such hard years of figuring out life. Your brain hasn’t quite caught up yet and you’re trying to figure out careers, living on their own, etc. I totally had it together in high school and was a mess at that time 😂

• Love 6

So I don’t know how severe/life-threatening Marissa’s fiancé’s cancer diagnosis was, but getting a diagnosis like that can make you make a lot of long-term decisions thinking that you no longer have much of a future. Maybe once he got healthy they realized they had rushed into it and weren’t ready for a long and healthy life together. 

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

Yikes! I just saw Victoria scrubbed him from her Instagram! Hopefully wanting to spend more time with him wasn't the main reason she didn't audition again. They always say you should never plan things around a guy & if she gave up a year on the team for him only for them to break up....that would feel like such a waste. At least it would to me.

Wow, you weren’t kidding that VK scrubbed her SM of her ex.  Now all it contains is DCC related stuff.  Is that all there is to her?  I do miss her regular dancing posts.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

She and her boyfriend broke up.

9 hours ago, Jcamille said:

Do you know who gets point and who makes up the little triangle? Thanks!.

What happened to Marissa?

Gina is first point with amber Lexie Rachel w is second point with Chandi and ashlee

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

I wouldn't think her mom would "peacefully" let Victoria drop being a DCC - after all that is all they planned to accomplish for 18-19 years - for a boyfriend.  Put a ring on it - then we can talk. Afterall he had to have know that she was or trying to be a DCC when they met, so follow along with the plan until they want to start a family.

By "peacefully" - yes Victoria is grown and has the last word -its her life and decisions she will live with... doesn't mean mom has to be 100% silent on the issue..

But she's only been gone one season - there is time to prepare to come back in 2022... they show alumni  DCC who took  break/ gap year.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
On 10/4/2021 at 11:43 AM, Pj3422 said:

I’ve been unwinding and watching the eps on Pluto. A few more— besides Kyndall — who should’ve made it:

Truck-lover Taylor

Courtney Johnson? Johnston? (cute & bubbly; one of the last cut from training camp)

Tessa (withdrew for injury, later had a stroke)

Kat from LSU. 

I loved Auto Amy, but I give her a pass — God really did have a better plan for her, with the Golden State Warriors during a championship season.

Grace Sells (from season 4)

Mandy Correa (from season 5)...also loved Lauren Gibler. 

Ashley Paige (over Morgan and Kaitlyn in season 8)

I think Tessa would have made it in season 8 if she did not get injured. She was roommates with Jessica, and they liked her look. 

Courtney and Taylor (from season 10)

Amy and Kyndall (from season 11)

Taryn (from season 12)

Dayton (from season 13)

One veteran cut I will never understand is Carmen Butler from season 3. She was a 2nd group leader in season 2 and going into her fourth year. 

Edited by BlueBear2008
  • Love 8