Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E03: Week 3

• Start Topic

(edited)
18 minutes ago, Door County Cherry said:

Former Bachelor Nick Viall helps the men share some of their personal stories; drama begins to boil over in the house. 

EGAD!  One would think Chris Harrison's cronies would be thrown out with the bathwater.

Are these guys Otherwise Unemployables ???

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 3

This Fuck Bois Anonymous meeting over here is very serious. I guess it makes sense that Nick, one of Bachelor Nation’s most infamous reformed Fuck Bois, is leading the intervention.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

So now that Thomas has outed himself as Here for the Wrong Reasons, does Karl get any retroactive credit for his Wrong Reasons witchhunt? They were all How dare you, sir?! to Karl. Someone even went all David Goes to Dentist: 

Is This Real Life David After Dentist GIF

And then just like that {snaps} suddenly everyone is on board that Thomas specifically is Here for the Wrong Reasons. Was Karl just ahead of his time? Did the producers get in their heads? Or is Thomas really just that smarmy? (I think I’m going with the latter, smarmy Thomas.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

I find it rather karmic that Katie's season seems to be full of "tattle-tales" who seem more interested in calling out the other guys rather than forming a solid and unique relationship with her.  Apparently they have never seen these show and don't realize that even when their opinions are correct and/or vindicated, these people (both guys and girls) never make it to the end.  It would make more sense for them to ignore the BS and trust that Katie will figure out the posers as the process continues.  Also, if her judgment is that poor, maybe she's not the girl for you--unless of course their own motivations for staying on the show are just as suspect.  I guess it worked for Katie, maybe they think it's their ticket to being the next Bachelor.

There was one shot of Hunter (I think) telling his story to Katie and on the side of the frame is Nick looking as bored as I've ever seen anyone who still had a pulse. This had to be hell for him, all those cameras and no one paying attention to him. 

Initially I dismissed Michael as he's not my type, but I thought his date with Katie seemed real and genuine.  I also still like Greg(?) (First one on one guy) and Catman Connor, although tonight it occurred to me that Connor looks like a "prettier" version of Mark Ballas from DWTS.  She seems to have a thing for cute, bordering on dorky looking men.

Edited by leocadia
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, leocadia said:

I find it rather karmic that Katie's season seems to be full of "tattle-tales" who seem more interested in calling out the other guys rather than forming a solid and unique relationship with her.  Apparently they have never seen these show and don't realize that even when their opinions are correct and/or vindicated, these people (both guys and girls) never make it to the end.  It would make more sense for them to ignore the BS and trust that Katie will figure out the posers as the process continues.  Also, if her judgment is that poor, maybe she's not the girl for you--unless of course their own motivations for staying on the show are just as suspect.  I guess it worked for Katie, maybe they think it's their ticket to being the next Bachelor.

There was one shot of Hunter (I think) telling his story to Katie and on the side of the frame is Nick looking as bored as I've ever seen anyone who still had a pulse. This had to be hell for him, all those cameras and no one paying attention to him. 

Normally you’re right, but Katie became the Bachelorette because she was a tattletale. Granted, she was more of an anti-bullying crusader than a general wrong reasons accuser, but pointing out to the lead what everyone else was doing wrong is what gave her notoriety. Suddenly, Karl and that other one who started fighting on day 1 with the so-called “manipulative” guy make a little more sense why they came on so strong right out of the gate if they assumed this would be the way to win Katie over. The problem is they didn’t wait long enough to amass any evidence of bad behavior before they just started throwing around accusations. Seems like they’ll have some evidence to back what they’re planning on outing Thomas with next week, though that too-small red blazer he has on should be reason enough to give him the boot.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Normally you’re right, but Katie became the Bachelorette because she was a tattletale.

Oh, I agree!  That's why I think it's karmic and also why their own motivations may be suspect since they could be seeing it as their path to becoming The Bachelor.  You are also right that they probably saw that it worked for Aaron so maybe it could work for them as well.   Of course, the more riled up Aaron gets, the more I think this play will backfire on him sooner rather than later.  I think it's funny that every year there are one or two people who get more hung up on the "unfairness" of it all instead of just playing it cool.  Also agree about the red blazer, lol.

• Love 4

Michael A’s story resonates with me so strongly that I sobbed when he told the guys and again when he told Katie.  My twin died of breast cancer last March.  Her husband and her were together since they were 25.  She found a lump when her oldest just turned 4 and her twins were 9 months and died 3 months before their 4th birthday. They also traveled the cancer clinical trail which is so heartbreaking in the highs and lows for everyone but especially the cancer patient. I’m scared for when my BIL starts to date again  because I don’t want the kids to forget they had a mother but I know he needs love.  Michael expressed his active love for his wife so articulately.  He can love her and fall in love again.  And Katie handled it so gently.  I loved when she said Laura’s name and acknowledged the relationship.  Not just trying it to his son but rather emphasizing that he loved her and will always love her but love grows.  I don’t know.  I’m super emotional now and projecting to what I hope happens to myBIL. ( minus going on a reality TV show but since he’s from Cork, Ireland and every other word is a swear I’m not too worried. 😂

• Love 18

So, Thomas needs to go. I can’t believe that Katie isn’t seeing through his crap.

I haven’t watched The Bachelor in years and this my first season of The Bachelorette but, from what I’ve seen on other shows and read Nick V seems like a dbag. And once a dbag seems always a dbag IMO.

The group intervention oops I mean date was weird. 

If Katie doesn’t want Michael A, Can I have him? Or, they could make him the bachelor. 

Question: When a guy gets the rose at the end of the group date and the one on one date, are they “safe” at the rose ceremony?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

And then just like that {snaps} suddenly everyone is on board that Thomas specifically is Here for the Wrong Reasons. Was Karl just ahead of his time?

No, he just made an accurate prediction based on empirical evidence. He said that *someone* was there for the wrong reasons, and on every season so far that has been true.

50 minutes ago, LBS said:

I’m super emotional now and projecting to what I hope happens to myBIL. ( minus going on a reality TV show but since he’s from Cork, Ireland and every other word is a swear I’m not too worried. 😂

Maybe not reality TV, but it sounds like Grey's Anatomy loosely based the Dr. McIrish character on your BIL.

• Love 4

I get that the Bachelor/Bachelorette producers want to dig deep with the confessions group date, but I found it to be really exploitative of the contestants vulnerability and pasts.  This gave me a flashback to high school when my teacher had us sit in a circle and asked, "What's your darkest, saddest secret?"  Classmates one by one talked about a parent's death or divorce, abuse, learning disabilities, one student came out as trans and cried and after everyone finished, my teacher burst out laughing and waved her hands and yelled, "My secret is that I'm a hand model!". She didn't even have nice hands- that bitch!  

• Love 10

I am ALL IN on these forced red-flag confessions.  

"Here are all the reasons I shouldn't be anywhere near a romantic relationship."

Katie:  "Thank you for sharing that. I am not giving you a rose, but I think all of that is probably true."

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

I am shocked that Katie got rid of Karl so quickly, normally it takes a few weeks to start weeding out the villains, I think he played his hand too quickly. Of course now that Karl is gone it looks like Thomas is quickly taking his spot as the seasons villain, although he seems like way less of a dick then Karl, no matter how much Aaron (I think?) wants to make him out like some kind of serial killer. Even if he isn't the villain, I don't think his car salesman wanna be influencer personality will be what Katie gravitates towards, he doesn't really seem to be her type. She seems to be looking for someone sincere and a bit on the nerdy/goofy side, not a smooth operator. 

Although I don't think its that big of a deal that Thomas has thought about being the Bachelor. I am pretty sure that everyone who ever auditions to be on this show has that in mind as an option, even if they really are here for the Right Reasons, they have to know that only one person can "win" at the end. Its just that Thomas is being super honest about it, which I can kind of appreciate but if I was Katie I wouldn't love hearing someone just straight up admit it. 

I do think that some of the guys are going into this season thinking that they can get ahead by doing what Katie did, going to her with issues they may have with other people and their alleged lack of character, but I feel like their situation is different then Katie's. Katie was upset by the extreme amounts of bullying going on in the house, especially by obvious plant and walking SNL character Victoria, so that is what she went to talk to Matt about. It was an actual problem that everyone could see and was affecting the atmosphere of the house. The guys are all trying to dissect each others movies for being here, which is a lot more messy and a lot harder to prove. Sure someone could be here for the Wrong Reasons, but I don't really see how that affects the house unless your making it a whole thing like some of the guys are. The guys Katie is most vibing with seem to be the ones that are focused on her and not the ones leading the Wrong Reasons witch hunt. Her date with Michael seemed really sweet and it did seem like they were having fun, and not just fake TV fun, and she still seems to like Connor a whole lot, who I called right away as a front runner. 

I know they are still working with travel restrictions and all, but these group dates are just the absolute worst, I would dred ending up on one if it wasn't necessary. They're more like hazing then dating. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 11

Wow. Fun date. Let's sit in a circle and confess our deepest sins. Like Connor said.. he'd rather do this 1:1.

Thomas is all sorts of smarm, but it is rather refreshing to have someone come out and say, "yeah, I came here to enhance my brand and become the bachelor."

Greg and Michael A are my faves. Michael A is a little derpy looking, but he is so sweet. 

I'm glad Karl is gone. He was completely wrong reasons and him playing mind games with Katie was really crappy. 

As usual, the contestants need to stop worrying about wrong reasons and focus on their own relationship. After all this time, and all this rinse and repeat wrong reasons, I don't know why the producers think we want to see this. The first few times, it was all shocking and whatnot, but now, it's old hat and it's boooooooring. 

• Love 12
13 hours ago, LBS said:

Michael A’s story resonates with me so strongly that I sobbed when he told the guys and again when he told Katie.  My twin died of breast cancer last March.  Her husband and her were together since they were 25.  She found a lump when her oldest just turned 4 and her twins were 9 months and died 3 months before their 4th birthday. They also traveled the cancer clinical trail which is so heartbreaking in the highs and lows for everyone but especially the cancer patient. I’m scared for when my BIL starts to date again  because I don’t want the kids to forget they had a mother but I know he needs love.  Michael expressed his active love for his wife so articulately.  He can love her and fall in love again.  And Katie handled it so gently.  I loved when she said Laura’s name and acknowledged the relationship.  Not just trying it to his son but rather emphasizing that he loved her and will always love her but love grows.  I don’t know.  I’m super emotional now and projecting to what I hope happens to myBIL. ( minus going on a reality TV show but since he’s from Cork, Ireland and every other word is a swear I’m not too worried. 😂

@LBS my heart breaks. I also have a twin sister who had breast cancer when we were 31, but she survived and we are now 63. I can’t bear to think about what you’ve gone through. Michael’s story resonated with me as well.

I had wanted Gregg and I kind of still do, because he seems genuine, although time will tell. Now, though, I’m all in for Michael. Not just because he has a tragic story, but because he is sincere about finding love, in my opinion. He seems to be trying to make a life for himself and James and seems mature, reasonable and witty as well. If he doesn’t win I hope he’d be the next Bachelor, if that’s what he would want. 
I despised the circle of confession. These are some real deep-seated issues. They require therapeutic intervention, not dumbass Nick Viall trying to stretch his Bachelor Nation paycheck. 
I’m quite sure all the contestants harbor fantasies of being the next Bachelor, but to me it’s Thomas’ inability to read a room  that is so off-putting. Just grinning his way through and evading Katie’s pointed questions. Ugh. 

• Love 13

Connor openly says he's an angry drunk and was unfaithful, but read some self-help books and is now this amazing person.  Mmmm hmmm.  

Button your shirt up there, Connor.  I keep thinking he just missed a few buttons, but it's in every scene, so it must be intentional.

Katie:  When people tell you who they are, believe them.

I wish I had paid attention to this advice in my prior relationship.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

I like Michael A. a lot, but I think he's probably too mature (and maybe too smart, based on the stargazing conversation!) for Katie. She handled his story very sweetly, but that's a lot to take on for a young woman, especially one with this many other options. I wish him all the best though, he seems like an awesome guy and I'd love to hear that he found someone great!

Greg is still one of my favorites, seems perhaps too normal for this show but low key and nice. Hunter also seems nice, and I feel bad making fun of his height because he has no control over that (just as a side note, I always find it interesting that it's kind of socially acceptable to make fun of someone's height, but not weight etc). I do see the Taylor Lautner/Teen Wolf comparison, though 😂 His looks (something about his mouth) aren't my personal type, but he seems like a decent guy.

From what we've seen, Tre, Andrew and Justin all seem relatively nice/normal as well. Karl annoyed the crap out of me, I can't stand people who talk and talk without actually saying anything. Glad he's gone! 

As for Thomas, he definitely gives off a sleazy/smarmy vibe but I also don't really see what he's done that is so bad yet. I'd send him home just because he comes on too strong and isn't my type, but I think all of these guys (and girls on the Bachelor) consider being the next lead. It's just a fact that only one can win and the show typically recycles the leads from the previous season. I don't know that I'd openly admit it, but they've all thought about it! 

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

I like Michael A. a lot, but I think he's probably too mature (and maybe too smart, based on the stargazing conversation!) for Katie. 

Agreed!

He is likely too "green" to get into an insta-relationship.  He might need to get his dating sea legs straight before jumping into that all-important, expected engagement.

Katie....guuurlll.....The famous constellation "O'Brien".  Michael's witty comeback of "No, that's the Irish constellation" was hilarious.

She followed up with asking about seeing Saturn, and Pluto, before Michael had to remind her that Pluto is not only way too far away to be seen, it's not a planet.

Katie, your GED class is waiting.

Edited by Starlight925
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

I like Michael A. a lot, but I think he's probably too mature (and maybe too smart, based on the stargazing conversation!) for Katie. She handled his story very sweetly, but that's a lot to take on for a young woman, especially one with this many other options. I wish him all the best though, he seems like an awesome guy and I'd love to hear that he found someone great!

He's getting that "Ladies and gentleman, your next Bachelor" edit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, Nedsdag said:

He's getting that "Ladies and gentleman, your next Bachelor" edit.

I'd be totally cool with that (albeit based on the limited amount of him I've seen) if it meant they would cast some nice women in their 30s, maybe some with kids or cool jobs and actual life experience. But who am I kidding, it will be 22 and 23 year old influencers that have no interest in him or his son. 

• Love 13

10 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Although I don't think its that big of a deal that Thomas has thought about being the Bachelor. I am pretty sure that everyone who ever auditions to be on this show has that in mind as an option, even if they really are here for the Right Reasons, they have to know that only one person can "win" at the end. Its just that Thomas is being super honest about it, which I can kind of appreciate but if I was Katie I wouldn't love hearing someone just straight up admit it. 

Yeah, I really had mixed emotions listening that group conversation.  On the one hand, I detest Thomas, and have found him creepy since day 1.  But on the other hand, it was so ridiculous for all the guys to act so disgusted that before coming on the show, Thomas had considered the possibility of ending up as the Bachelor....when in actuality, there is no way that there is even one guy in the room who didn't at least consider it.

22 hours ago, leocadia said:

I also still like Greg(?) (First one on one guy) and Catman Connor, although tonight it occurred to me that Connor looks like a "prettier" version of Mark Ballas from DWTS.  She seems to have a thing for cute, bordering on dorky looking men.

7 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Button your shirt up there, Connor.  I keep thinking he just missed a few buttons, but it's in every scene, so it must be intentional.

Someone really needs to give Catman Connor (love the nickname!) some advice on how to dress.  I had never noticed before that he was short, but on that group date, he wore an outfit that just accentuated how short he was.  The style of shirt looked terrible, and as mentioned, he unbuttons his shirts waay too far.

• Love 5

Finishing this episode a day late.  The group "date"  turned into group therapy.  BUT - group therapy is confidential, not done in front of tv cameras.  This is a terrible idea, asking people to reveal their secrets to the world. It is potentially damaging to any of these guys.  

• Love 17
8 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Connor openly says he's an angry drunk and was unfaithful, but read some self-help books and is now this amazing person.  Mmmm hmmm.  

Katie:  When people tell you who they are, believe them.

I wish I had paid attention to this advice in my prior relationship.  

Connor seems creepy to me. I don’t like the way he keeps macking on her. Practically lunging at her when he kisses her. When Katie was bring nice saying she thought he was a good catch he went at her again. Like he uses any small gesture as a reason to grab snd kiss her. I dunno, maybe the whole cat getup just weirded me out!  Hearing about his confession makes me question him even more. 

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

The group "date"  turned into group therapy.  BUT - group therapy is confidential, not done in front of tv cameras.

It's also led by a trained therapist or counselor, not Ick Vile.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

When Thomas was talking about his red flags, I would have pushed him until he came clean. He really skated out of it... twice. Once in the group and then 1:1. Katie tried for a moment, then let him sweet talk her out of it. 

I'd like to be the house mom on the show. I'd pop in when stuff like this goes down and set the lead straight on what exactly is going on. No bs, no drama and I'd get to send home anyone I wanted to. Forget bringing in all the past people for advice, just hire me and let me go all scorched Earth on this show. We'd be down to a few contenders right away and let them date more than 2 seconds before getting engaged. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
On 6/21/2021 at 7:38 PM, JenE4 said:

This Fuck Bois Anonymous meeting over here is very serious. I guess it makes sense that Nick, one of Bachelor Nation’s most infamous reformed Fuck Bois, is leading the intervention.

I wonder if Nick is auditioning for Chris Harris's role.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, chocolatine said:

It's also led by a trained therapist or counselor, not Ick Vile.

Hey, he had a clipboard! What more do you need?

Maybe they should hook Thomas up to JoJo's Macbook to see if he's lying

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

Thomas is so strange. On one hand, he seems incapable of lying by omission, or even "massaging the truth." He said straight up (without even being asked!) that he was originally there to create a platform for himself, and then admitted he was thinking about the possibility of becoming the Bachelor. That is probably true of 90% of people on this show. But the fact that he doesn't know how to communicate those things in a way that seems disarming or humble makes him seem like he's completely insincere about everything else that comes out of his mouth. To admit that you joined the show for attention but then out of the other side of your mouth say BUT WAIT I'M ALREADY FALLING IN LOVE makes the whole house of cards fall down.

Ironically, I know lots of people hate Nick Viall, but I could actually imagine someone like him being able to thread that needle a lot better. I can picture him doing his faux-shy/mischevious bit and being like "well yeah I mean... the chances of finding love on this show are 30-1... how could I expect little old me to be the one? Every one of us here came on this show hoping for love but also thinking in the back of our minds that if we don't find love, we'll at least have different life opportunities afterwards. But... something unexpected happened, and all of that went out the window on the first night when I actually got to meet you... (yada yada yada)"

Thomas isn't sincere OR capable of that haha so he comes across like a weirdo.

Edited by Cornhusker12
  • Love 10

3 episodes in I really like Katie, I think she's sincere and charming and probably fun to be around, but I'm not sure she's really up to the task of being the lead unfortunately. There have already been several times when she's seemed FAR too gullible and susceptible to guys trying to manipulate the situation. I hope she finds some more solid ground and feels more secure as more time goes by and she feels more comfortable with certain guys.

I REALLY liked the way she and Michael fit together, not only with his tragic situation but on their entire date, and I'm definitely rooting for them so far.

• Love 7

I’d love to see a Bachelorette walk into the room and say “every guy who came here without ever thinking about being The Bachelor put your hand up.”

And then, when hands go up, she says “everybody with your hand in the air go pack your bags, you’re leaving.  I said I wanted honesty.”

• Love 8
2 hours ago, bobbyjoe said:

I’d love to see a Bachelorette walk into the room and say “every guy who came here without ever thinking about being The Bachelor put your hand up.”

And then, when hands go up, she says “everybody with your hand in the air go pack your bags, you’re leaving.  I said I wanted honesty.”

That would be a really short season, but I’d watch.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

There was a shot with her walking in to the room with all the guys and the voiceover was of her saying "So now I don't know what I'm thinking!!" And I said to myself "Let me guess, is it 'I'm wearing a green glittery trash bag as a dress' ?"

And again this kind of "honesty" is better revealed in private and hopefully with someone who actually gives a shit about the person revealing said "honesty". I can't bear these kinds of group 'dates' anymore.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, bobbyjoe said:

I see that one differently actually. I'd ask them to put there hands up and tell the people with their hands up to pack their bahs for lying to me AND to themselves. It's like asking 'Have you thought about us having sex after our date?' The pressure is to lie saying 'No, of course not!' which would be lying. But the thought itself isn't "bad" it's just natural. Previous contestants do get selected to be the Bachelor. That's how the show works. If you haven't thought about it you weren't fully prepared to be brought into this franchise and what it could lead to.

Maybe a better 'honesty' tester would be "Have you thought about going to Bachelor in Paradise after my season?" That I think is more damning than 'Have you thought about being the Bachelor yourself?'.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Rabithed said:

Connor seems creepy to me. I don’t like the way he keeps macking on her. Practically lunging at her when he kisses her. When Katie was bring nice saying she thought he was a good catch he went at her again. Like he uses any small gesture as a reason to grab snd kiss her. I dunno, maybe the whole cat getup just weirded me out!  Hearing about his confession makes me question him even more. 

Yes, that's bothering me too. Especially right on the heels of her confession about a situation where there wasn't consent and she's barely finished her sentence. Maybe didn't even get the last word out before there's a tongue torpedoing down her throat. Read a room, Catman. She actually pushed him away pretty firmly, so I think the aggressiveness is putting her off.

Other than that, he seems like kind of a fun guy. I'm so glad someone pointed out the Mark Ballas resemblance because it's been bugging the crap out of me that I couldn't figure out who he looked like. It's like if Matthew Morrison from Glee and Mark Ballas had a son, it'd be this guy. But he seems to have a good personality and like it'd be fun to hang with him, but you'd have to set some really firm physical boundaries.

Someone really needs to give Catman Connor (love the nickname!) some advice on how to dress.  I had never noticed before that he was short, but on that group date, he wore an outfit that just accentuated how short he was.  The style of shirt looked terrible, and as mentioned, he unbuttons his shirts waay too far.

I had to rewind when I saw him rolling up to the group date in the most unflattering outfit I have ever seen. It made him look 3 feet tall with no torso.

I am shocked that Katie got rid of Karl so quickly, normally it takes a few weeks to start weeding out the villains, I think he played his hand too quickly. Of course now that Karl is gone it looks like Thomas is quickly taking his spot as the seasons villain, although he seems like way less of a dick then Karl, no matter how much Aaron (I think?) wants to make him out like some kind of serial killer. Even if he isn't the villain, I don't think his car salesman wanna be influencer personality will be what Katie gravitates towards, he doesn't really seem to be her type. She seems to be looking for someone sincere and a bit on the nerdy/goofy side, not a smooth operator. 

I think Karl would have stayed until the inevitable 2-1 date with whoever hated him the most, maybe Aaron or Hunter. But that united front thing that happened at the rose ceremony forced his departure. It's rare that something new happens on these shows, but that was a new move, as far as I know (only been watching since Farmer Chris). I guess that means we'll see it on every season from now to eternity.

Thomas might manage to hang on by his fingernails to fulfill that role and go on the 2-1, probably also with Aaron and Hunter, lol. Aaron seems determined to find enemies at every turn and Hunter's got a weirdly intense vibe, possibly short man syndrome. He reminds me of Ben Stiller yelling at the duck on Friends, lol. 

While I don't think Thomas is wrong for thinking about being the Bachelor or not bothering to lie about it, he definitely seems like a huge player and there is something off-putting about his out-of-context grinning. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

That united front thing that happened at the rose ceremony forced his departure. It's rare that something new happens on these shows, but that was a new move, as far as I know (only been watching since Farmer Chris). I guess that means we'll see it on every season from now to eternity.

Hell, we may even see it again just this season!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I see that one differently actually. I'd ask them to put there hands up and tell the people with their hands up to pack their bahs for lying to me AND to themselves. It's like asking 'Have you thought about us having sex after our date?' The pressure is to lie saying 'No, of course not!' which would be lying. But the thought itself isn't "bad" it's just natural. Previous contestants do get selected to be the Bachelor. That's how the show works. If you haven't thought about it you weren't fully prepared to be brought into this franchise and what it could lead to.

Maybe a better 'honesty' tester would be "Have you thought about going to Bachelor in Paradise after my season?" That I think is more damning than 'Have you thought about being the Bachelor yourself?'.

Yes, it's like  if you ask the men, "have you ever thought of what might be next if you don't get the final rose?"  they are all expected to say, "No, of course not!  I want to marry Katie, and I'm certain that will happen, even though we've only had a total of 10 minutes alone together!" 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Yes, it's like  if you ask the men, "have you ever thought of what might be next if you don't get the final rose?"  they are all expected to say, "No, of course not!  I want to marry Katie, and I'm certain that will happen, even though we've only had a total of 10 minutes alone together!" 

It's funny how in all other aspects of life you're supposed to have a plan B - apply to multiple colleges/jobs, diversify your investments, etc. - but if you have one on this show you have committed the ultimate crime and need to be banished immediately.

• Love 11

Did we only get one group date on this episode? I’ve learned to accept dragging the rose ceremony into another episode but this seemed like a really long episode without much dating. (If I fell asleep/blocked out the second group date, my apologies.)

• Love 1
14 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

Yes, that's bothering me too. Especially right on the heels of her confession about a situation where there wasn't consent and she's barely finished her sentence. Maybe didn't even get the last word out before there's a tongue torpedoing down her throat. Read a room, Catman. She actually pushed him away pretty firmly, so I think the aggressiveness is putting her off.

Yeah Catman is weirding me out a little, I can't quite put my finger on it. Part of it is ABSOLUTELY the cat suit, I can't lie, but his vibe is just a little strange to me in general. I appreciate that he's not at all the classic macho bullshit-artist contestant, but he has a weird mixture of blankness and intensity that feels a little off.

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Was I the only one bothered by the fact that Katie's personal sharing was of her being a victim while she asked the rest of them to share something in which they were a putz/screwed up? 

Hmmm, I totally hadn't put those pieces together, but you're right, that is kinda messed up. 

Yeah Catman is weirding me out a little, I can't quite put my finger on it. Part of it is ABSOLUTELY the cat suit, I can't lie, but his vibe is just a little strange to me in general. I appreciate that he's not at all the classic macho bullshit-artist contestant, but he has a weird mixture of blankness and intensity that feels a little off.

Yes, that's a good descriptor for him. There is a seemingly easygoing nature that turns intense in 1-1 situations. I was beyond disturbed by him trying to push her down on the couch the very first night. If he was already putting the pedal to the metal in a house full of other guys AND with a whole 'nother set of camera people, producers, etc, plus the eventual viewing audience of millions? Let's just say, I'd be thinking twice about putting myself in a situation where we were truly alone, which clearly, isn't the thought you want to be having about a future mate. 

I'm very curious to see where his story goes with that Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde vibe. 

Edited by ljenkins782
  • Love 6

Is it just me or did anyone else notice the nonsense where she flipped over the razor? Before she flipped, it showed her driving and wearing a regular shoulder strap seat belt. When she was hanging upside down, it looked like a a 3? or 5? point harness. Looked like she had black, vertical straps over both shoulders and not the grey, diagonal belt. Then when she picked up the contestant for their date, they were in regular shoulder strap seat belts.

I can't run it back because I was watching On Demand and I'd have to start the whole thing over at the beginning. If it was a regular shoulder strap seat belt, I don't think it would have held her so securely to the seat when she rolled it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 6/24/2021 at 4:42 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m curious as to why Katie used “unwanted sexual experience” instead of rape. 

She also carefully phrased that it was an experience where there was "no consent".  Reading between the lines, the best I can figure out is that she was drunk, but not blackout drunk, and had sex with a guy, where she didn't specifically say it was ok to have sex, but also didn't specifically say not to have sex, and went along with it probably because she was drunk, even if she hadn't planned to have sex with him or thought that sex would be a good idea...hence no consent and unwanted sexual experience.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

She also carefully phrased that it was an experience where there was "no consent".  Reading between the lines, the best I can figure out is that she was drunk, but not blackout drunk, and had sex with a guy, where she didn't specifically say it was ok to have sex, but also didn't specifically say not to have sex, and went along with it probably because she was drunk, even if she hadn't planned to have sex with him or thought that sex would be a good idea...hence no consent and unwanted sexual experience.

I would also assume that the guy wasn’t convicted in a court of law so she is being careful so he doesn’t sue her.  

• Love 5