Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No spoilers. Stay on topic. No generalizations across entire groups. No personal politics. Do not discuss anything political not specifically mentioned on the show.

• Start Topic

The gravity of Luann and Eboni’s paint party confrontation begins to set in, and beachside fishing turns cold when politics are brought up in conversation. Meanwhile, Heather’s faux pas comes back to haunt her as the ladies glam for Luann’s 70’s style Halloween pageant.

Original air date 2021.06.08

In line with the site's politics policy, keep any political discussion strictly to what was said on the show.  No personal politics.  This is not a jumping off point to espouse your beliefs. 

• Love 4
(edited)
24 minutes ago, WaltersHair said:

There's a small and cruel part of me that wishes Leah's slashed neck was real.

Me too! She might have to SHUT THE HELL UP with that slashed neck.

That whole kerfuffle about Leah not voting was just over the freakin' ledge.  I CANNOT STAND HER BULLSHIT!!

Edited by goofygirl
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12

You knew exactly what you were doing when you stirred that POS, Eboni. I do think the producers are behind a lot of this, but they’re idiots! All they are doing by having them amp the drama up is driving viewers away.

• Love 21

I am now going off to clean out my closet to donate shoes, purses, clothing, jewelry.

Lord knows this will be more entertaining then watching this hot mess Leah shit show and also do some good for the local cancer thrift store!

• Love 13
(edited)
36 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Yes, I understand that she may not have meant it as a microagression. But that does not mean that Heather or the viewers get to tell Eboni that it isn't one. Just because some people here don't see it as a microagression doesn't mean that Eboni has no right to. The perception of white people that such things aren't microagressions doesn't negate the feeling of a Black person that it is.

That was my point, although maybe I didn’t do a good job of delineating things. No one else can tell another person that what they heard wasn’t a microagression because it was a microagression to the receiver. 
However, that doesn’t automatically mean it was intended to be a microagression, the sender needs to be able to communicate that they didn’t intend it to be a microagression once that is how the message was received.

My general point is that the receiver and the sender are the two parties in the conversation. Inferring the intent of the other is wrong. What clears up this difference in what was meant vs what was received involves listening to each other and acknowledging that 1. As the sender, my communication wasn’t clear, but I listened to the receiver and now I understand how I can improve in the future; and 2. The receiver understanding that what they received was not what was intended and/or I read more into the message then the sender intended.
Both parties are responsible as they are both part of the conversation. So, for good or bad, the only way to clear it up is to has an actual conversation and listen to, learn from and understand what the other party intended. This is how we grow as humans, the more we listen to and try to understand another who has walked a different path, the more we can achieve together.

If one or both of the parties aren’t willing to listen to and try to understand the other party, then no progress will be made, in lieu of progress there will likely be stagnation. This is not a win-win scenario.

If one or both parties assign labels and pejoratives to the other parties, and decide a person’s intent without communicating with the person, not only will no progress will be made, but greater division may ensue, which is a lose-lose situation for all involved.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Useful 2
  • Love 20
Just now, A-Lo said:

Honestly, I wish we were back there! It was a much kinder, simpler land.

Today I watched the anti-bullying luncheon episode in S4 and there were some clear camera shots of a younger, pre-menopause Dorinda at the table with Lu, Jill and the others. Talk about simpler times!! Le sigh. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
19 minutes ago, WaltersHair said:

Like the stabby hamburger children from season 1 (2?)

LMAO!

14 minutes ago, Steph J said:

OH MY GOD, HAS LEAH BEEN FRANCOIS THIS WHOLE TIME?

Yes, Alex and Simon's kids, they were MONSTERS!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Steph J said:

OH MY GOD, HAS LEAH BEEN FRANCOIS THIS WHOLE TIME?

Who acted the most like an adult during their first season, Leah at 37 or Francois at less than seven?

(I say neither).

• LOL 10

I was pretty appalled at the mess in Leah’s guest room. Her crap was ALL over the place. She has absolutely no respect for other people’s things or their hospitality, but we learned that last season. She’s one ungrateful person.

• Love 20
(edited)
12 minutes ago, stcroix said:

I just rewatched all the seasons from 1 up to the last one.  I couldn't make myself rewatch the last one because of Leah.  I was praying she'd insult Andy or do something that would get her fired from the show and not be on this season but instead we have The Leah Show again.  The other seasons were watchable but not this season.  And I'm a hardcore Housewives fan. But I won't watch this mess of a season.  I never thought I'd say it after she was so over the top mean to Tinsley, but I miss Dorinda.  Heck, I'd take any past housewife over Leah-- even what's her name with the one leg and she was a piece of work!

I really miss the original versions of Bethenny, Carole and Dorinda. They were so awesome for a number of seasons, but for me, they became so vile their last seasons. I don’t want any of those versions back.

I have been rewatching (listening while I’m working) from the beginning. 

At this point, I don’t know what could save this series., especially since it is apparently the Leah Show.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Love 11