Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No spoilers. Stay on topic. No generalizations across entire groups. No personal politics. Do not discuss anything political not specifically mentioned on the show.

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I was pretty appalled at the mess in Leah’s guest room. Her crap was ALL over the place. She has absolutely no respect for other people’s things or their hospitality, but we learned that last season. She’s one ungrateful person.

Leah is stuck in adolescence, hence the messy room. 

Don’t come for me for defending Leah because I cannot stand her either. Maybe Leah couldn’t go to her grandmother because of COVID.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I was pretty appalled at the mess in Leah’s guest room. Her crap was ALL over the place. She has absolutely no respect for other people’s things or their hospitality, but we learned that last season. She’s one ungrateful person.

At least her crap won’t do actual damage to the room so she is better than Ramona in that regard. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
Just now, Stats Queen said:

Yet again WWHL is tagged on to the end of my DVR recording, screwing up other useless stuff I may or may not have watched.

I finally figured out that if I cancel the recording when WWHL starts, it gives me the option to cancel the single episode only, not the entire series. That stops the inadvertent recording of WWHL. And I can still roll back the tape to rewatch for clarity. This is only helpful when watching the episode in real time though 😕

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm only halfway through the episode. 

This episode, and Eboni's talking heads, are such a beautiful illustration of why Heather makes me uncomfortable.  Not the only reason, but definitely a big one.

Did I mishear, or was it Luann who said "You have to teach us" to Eboni, yet Eboni chastised Ramona for that comment?  I could be wrong.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
(edited)

Eboni’s mimicking of the way The Countess talks is as funny as Ramona’s, Jill’s, etc.

ETA: To clarify, I enjoy any The Countess impression. They all default to haughty, deep voice. Which is basically the essence of The Countess’s voice.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 5
(edited)

"HURRY UP THEY'RE GOING TO KILL EACH OTHER IN A VAN" 😆

WAS THAT RAMONA OR LUANN THAT SAID THAT????????  😆😆😆😆'

The first half of the statement sounded like Ramona but the accent on "Van" sounded like Luann.  LOL.  I'm pretty sure it was Luann.  Because right after she says "Hurry girls, Hurry!"

Ramona was even hating the screaming when she was on a totally different floor.  She is so herself, all of the time.  Hahahahhahahaha

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5

I have surf cast many times and it is a skill. 

Contrary to Heather’s stupidity you can do really well with striped bass in the Sound if you know what you are doing.

Of course Sonja is the best at catching something since she has caught so many STD’s.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
(edited)
24 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

There has not been one episode since she's joined that Leah hasn't looked into the camera (and I don't mean during the talking head interviews). And she showed her white privilege hemming and hawing over whether or not she was going to vote, because the result wouldn't really affect her either way. So who's the Karen now? YMMV with Heather, I don't mind her. But Leah is clearly threatened by her. I wish Eboni would find a better HW friend/confidant.  

You're right.... 

Sober Sonja is incredibly charming and I could totally see why Eboni would like her.  I thought the whole thing was sweet.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 14
(edited)
6 hours ago, Momager said:

That’s why when Heather called Eboni “articulate”, Eboni rolled her eyes. I can’t tell u how many times I was complimented for being so “articulate” when I was practicing law. White people think it’s a compliment but the underlying sentiment is “I can’t believe u speak so well”. Why wouldn’t I? I’m a damn lawyer. And u better believe my white counterparts were never complimented for being “articulate”. It’s so important to try to understand 

Oooh Heather NOOOOO momma, noooooo. Articulate? That was bad. Very well said @Momager.  My heart sank when Heather said it. Eboni is spot on.

It was funny in the make up apology scene when Luann told Eboni she "had to educate them." I was like oh shit here we go again with education and the irony of Luann asking to be educated. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, Momager said:

There are words that evoke racial stereotypes. That’s not fiction, that’s a fact. When Luann used the word “angry”, she did trigger Eboni b/c whether u believe it or not, black women are often painted as being “angry”. It’s exhausting and it’s not on black women to stop being triggered - it’s on white people to stop giving in to the stereotype. I honestly don’t think Luann meant anything derisive or racially insensitive by it, but it’s something that Eboni was right to talk to her about. Here’s the thing, when you are a white person, I think it’s really easy to underestimate the amount of micro aggressions people of color face on a regular basis. I imagine it must be hard to understand, but trust that it exists. That’s why when Heather called Eboni “articulate”, Eboni rolled her eyes. I can’t tell u how many times I was complimented for being so “articulate” when I was practicing law. White people think it’s a compliment but the underlying sentiment is “I can’t believe u speak so well”. Why wouldn’t I? I’m a damn lawyer. And u better believe my white counterparts were never complimented for being “articulate”. It’s so important to try to understand other people’s perspectives. What’s the harm?

I truly thought Heather used articulate in a way  to  make Eboni laugh that she has a clue to know  what;s behind saying it to a  Black person - but then again, it seems like she(Eboni) sees through  Heather's _______________splaining

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Heather and you are so “articulate”. For everyone that is so bothered by Eboni, that was like a little pat on the head, by someone who feels or is seen as much higher than u. That’s how that feels. And just because White folks never experienced that doesn’t make it not so. I experienced this multiple times. 

Edited by lamujerdecente
  • Useful 2
  • Love 22
(edited)
8 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

Eboni can quit being the victim and take responsibility herself, for her own trigger words.  If you have trigger words, then work on yourself and quit blaming other people for your angry reactions to a fucking WORD.  It's a WORD, used a million times a day, in different settings and different ways.  It's not rocket science, it's personal responsibility and the victim card does not work with me with any of these HoWives.  She actually had the opportunity to be the bigger person and apologize to Luann, in consideration of Luann's feelings, but Eboni isn't nearly as confident as she thinks she is. 

Bitch is just a word, however, most don’t take kindly to being called one and conversations usually go left when it’s said. BUT it’s just a word “used a million times a day, in different settings and different ways.” 
It’s how the word is used against us in every day life. 
Example.. It’s exactly why Sheryl Underwood didn’t speak up because of the fear of how she was going to be portrayed.
That’s what that word is to us in that context. It’s weaponized and that’s what Eboni was explaining in “nice” talk. 

No one asked Leah to apologize.  

1 minute ago, FancyNancy said:

Edited by FancyNancy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm only halfway through the episode. 

This episode, and Eboni's talking heads, are such a beautiful illustration of why Heather makes me uncomfortable.  Not the only reason, but definitely a big one.

Did I mishear, or was it Luann who said "You have to teach us" to Eboni, yet Eboni chastised Ramona for that comment?  I could be wrong.

I think she responded to Ramona because Ramona said she didn’t say it or something like that.

• Love 3

Due to covid I feel like we are going to get limited filming  things like this never ending Hamptons trip. It's been Burning Man, winery, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Nude portraits, fishing, and what all for what feels like a year. That complicated making Leah a "friend of" after every scene was in the can. No way she'll be back in a normal filming season. PLEASE.

• Love 10

What bothered me in the beginning of the episode was that Luann and Eboni both misrepresented what actually happened. Luann claimed that Eboni was saying that she was the "smartest" person at the table when Eboni never once said that. Meanwhile, Eboni claimed that Luann called her an "angry black woman" when Luann didn't say that. Eboni also told Leah that she told the ladies she had more "formal education" than the other women when in reality she just generalized by saying she had "more education". 

Last week I opined that if Eboni had clarified that she had more "formal education", her comment might not have come across as obnoxious and loaded as it did to the other women. I think Eboni seems to sense this which is why she presented it to Leah that she'd originally said "formal education" when that wasn't actually the case.

I think what's disappointing to me so far about Eboni is that it's exhausting to be around her and it didn't have to be that way. (There are multiple conversations that didn't have to be blown out of proportion.) She's not really bringing the fun to a show that's ultimately supposed to be fun and that's a bummer because I always want to like the new girl on the block. I feel like with the two shows I watch (BH and NY) I always try to give the new ones a chance. I can't imagine how emotionally difficult it must be to break into a new group on this sort of show so I'm always conscious of that when I'm judging these women. The women that I end up taking to are usually the ones who bring an element of fun or playfulness or at least kindness and understanding. I think it would be nice if Eboni could have a little more fun with this opportunity. Right now she's coming across as more judgmental than fun to watch.

I've been annoyed with Leah's presence since last season but this episode in particular pushed me over the edge as far as needing her to be off my screen. She is the WORST. The only Housewives I've felt this strongly about are Brandi Glanville and Kim Richards. Aviva, Dorinda, Rinna, Dorit, Jill and others are/were awful but at least there was some entertainment factor that I got out of watching them act like assholes. Leah is NOT entertaining. Why is Andy Cohen trying to make her happen?

Heather deserves some sort of award for putting up with all of this shit.

QUESTION: I'm curious what the pay grade is for a friend like Heather who used to be a full time cast member. I know it's super low for people who are initially introduced as friend of but is it still that low if the person used to be full time?

• Love 22
10 hours ago, Lady Lucy said:

And I'm out.  I can't take Leah one more minute.

I'll continue to read your comments and when you tell me she's gone (and I pray to the Bravo gods that happens soon), I'll start watching again.

I'm with you.  I only watched for 16 minutes and then changed the channel.  I'll read this board to see if anything changes.  I've never met anyone that acted like Leah in real life.  I've tried to hang in but just can't anymore.  I want to be entertained and this show is far from entertaining.

• Love 8
(edited)

This episode started out so well.  I loved hearing - for 10 minutes or so - the race discussion.  Eboni defending herself was great.  Heather "getting it" was great.  Luann shutting up and listening when someone explains why they feel the way they do, was great. 

Sonja ... is just great.  For all of Sonja's faults and ridiculousness, she reallllly does get it, and is sweet, and has more of a brain and heart and conscience than a lot of these women combined.  

Then is all went down the tubes.

Oh, Leah.  Rarely has a 'housewife' been a fave of mine that has just completely obliterated herself - for me - by the next season.  There are still things she does and says that I agree with or find funny or find interesting.  But boyyyyy has she drank the Kool-aid about herself.  I find her annoying, shrill, WRONG, and a real drag to the rest of the show now.  Bring me Bethenny, Carole, Dorinda, Tinsley, Heather (I actually really like her and have missed her), whoever!

Where is the best place on the internet to voice displeasure about a housewife to the producers?

This episode just became all too much.  The Leah-being-angry-at-Heather came across as so forced in the final 10 minutes.  Do I think Heather is perfect?  Hell no.  Does she overstep her mothering and explanations to the point where she can verge on causing more of a problem than a solution?  Yes, I see that from time to time (even if well-intentioned).  But she did not deserve that onslaught from Leah.

Mess.  I was entertained during portions of that episode, for sure.  But mess.

Edited by filmfan2480
  • Love 23

Eboni and Lu may have apologized, made peace with the situation but neither one of them got it right, Lu took Eboni's "I have more education than all of you" and ran with it instead of explaining that it was not about a college degree it was meant as the Christian upbringing that Ramona. It had nothing to do with education or degrees, it had to do with what was acceptable table talk in Ramona's household when she was growing up, which is funny when you look back at Ramona's break down she had in the woods and how she described how horrible it was so why would she care about the word "twat" being used in front of her.

I don't hate Heather and I think her trying to clarify the misunderstanding, Leah wanted to incite more fighting, given the choice I would choose Heather over Leah any day.  Leah makes me wonder, maybe it is a generation thing but she is so quick to tell someone they are not woke or assign some label that is hip at the moment to someone, (I don't mean when she called all the HW's "ho's), telling a room full of white women that they are racist serves no purpose and does not help any situation, did she expect them to say they were racist?  Heather did the same thing Leah did but in a calm manner, she tried to explain why they needed to listen and really understand how words can trigger, etc...all Leah did was stomp around and accuse, that shuts people down quick.  Leah hates Heather for being better at helping a situation, Leah just kept throwing gasoline on the fire. Leah was the one that looked unhinged, yelling about how she would not get on the bus with Heather, throwing things, etc...Eboni is pleased with her new friend but in reality she should run from Leah, Leah loves a cause but this cause is not hers and the more she screams about the less people will hear.  I believe Eboni explained herself clearly, no screaming involved, it was understood by everyone in the room. nobody understands Leah, she has no dime in that dollar, Eboni does not need Leah on her side.  Eboni is not messy, Leah is messy.  

Is it okay for someone like Leah to point fingers about how all the white women in the room are racist but she is not, that generalization seems dicey at best, how is Leah the perfect model, who checks her?

I want to see inside Eboni's life, what she does for fun and work, where she shops, etc...also, her playing match maker with a match maker for Sonja should be interesting, I hear Patty Stanger's voice (in my head), telling Sonja that she can have just one drink at a mixer, right, lol.

• Love 14
(edited)
On 6/9/2021 at 1:35 AM, Feech said:

Of course Sonja is the best at catching something since she has caught so many STD’s.

See, if she were not fishing for a Sugar Daddy, she could date the gentleman who led the fishing lesson. He seemed truly kind and respectful. But Sonja still regards herself as an extraordinary CATCH. Maybe when she was 20-40 years old, but she has tarnished her appeal with her floozy and repulsive antics since then. 

ETA: Plus, she is less physically attractive now. She is also not a catch because she’s a liability.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

So Leah finds out granny is doing even worse. But no need for her to leave yet, she has a lot of family and would just get in the way. I’m starting to think Leahs parents told her to stay away. They didn’t want the dramatics there. 
Eboni for some reason wants to keep Leah going. So she tells her that Heather made more comments about her. This causes a fresh Leah explosion. 

Hmmm. I think you're onto to something there. Bet you're right.

And part of of Leah's dramatics the whole time at Lu's house, was that she knows this to be true, but wont admit it on camera.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)

As someone who has lost loved ones and who has been at their bedsides, including my mother at the too young age of 48, I will loathe Leah forever for her tearless theatrics over her grandmother’s death. Can’t be there? Rubbish. It sickens me.

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
Missing comma…. The pedantic pain is real.
  • Love 19
11 minutes ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

As someone who has lost loved ones and who has been at their bedsides, including my mother at the too young age of 48, I will loathe Leah forever for her tearless theatrics over her grandmother’s death. Can’t be there? Rubbish. It sickens me.

If she was that distressed about losing someone who meant so much to her...why is she filming?  I see what is most important to her, I bet her grandmother knew this too.

Tearless crying is a requirement of all HW's, the ability for a HW to cradle one is is TCing is where the real acting comes in to play. 

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

"I'm not sure if I am going to vote"

Those who don't vote do not get to spend the next four years complaining about the Oval Office but I have a feeling in Leah's mind that rule does not apply.  What is she teaching her daughter by example?  I get why Mother Leah does not speak to Leah for periods of time, she is exhausting.

I had forgotten how preachy Heather was in her past seasons but honestly, I would be happy to get a lecture from Heather than have Leah around for another season stomping around mad, yelling about how everyone is stupid, nice houses are stupid, the Hampton's are stupid, everyone that is not her is a bigot or whatever. 

• Love 22

Preview re Leah freaking at Heather calling her “bitch”… can someone find the footage of Leah calling someone that or referring to someone as “bitch”…. Surely there is footage of that? If my memory is accurate!

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, GussieK said:

I missed something when they were putting on the costumes. Why did Leah have the throat-cut makeup?  Was it from a particular slasher movie?  

I believe she was supposed to be Carrie from "Carrie"  Which happened at Prom and not the theme of the party which was 70's beauty pageant.  (more attention seeking from her)  

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
(edited)
19 minutes ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

I’m liking how Heather is handling Leah! Laugh at her and watch the theatrics like we all do with toddlers.

Random thoughts. I never liked Heather, still don't, but I would put up with Aviva if it meant less screen time for Leah, so she doesn't bother me as much, but could someone tell her he hasn't been "Puffy" in years  Leah is a lunatic. "I don't know if I will vote" - an hour later " how dare you say I might not vote" WTF?  Also, can someone tell her that she is a lousy actress.  Susan Smith was really good at the tearless crying (murdered her 2 sons and fake cried that they were abducted), Leah is not. I don't watch RHONY to watch people fish. I also do not watch to be lectured constantly about social issues. There has been nothing fun about this season. I don't like Eboni, and I am not going to pretend I do because she is black. She is better than Leah, but who isn't?  That shouldn't be the new bar. I wonder if anyone at BRAVO is second guessing dumping Dorinda. At least she knew how to act human when she was sober, a talent that obviously escapes Leah, and I miss her house. This show is absolutely ruined.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 17