Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No spoilers. Stay on topic. No generalizations across entire groups. No personal politics. Do not discuss anything political not specifically mentioned on the show.

• Start Topic

Eboni is high maintenance...maybe she needs to provide a handbook to the women saying which words she deems acceptable..and what words are triggering to her.

I don't blame her ex for opting to spend qurantine with his kids over her.  She would be a nightmare to be around....he dodged a bullet there.

And I didn't like it when Lu would lecture the women in earlier seasons about class and manners...and I'm not liking Eboni lecturing either.  

Leah...well...she seems stuck in teen mode maturity wise.  I understand her grandmother was ill... but doesn't give her a pass to be rude.

• Love 22
19 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Who else rolled their eyes when Heather claimed to "have been in home of the core of black America. It's a beautiful place,.."?  Not being a POC, it is my understanding that "Puffy" and Beyonce are not representative of "black America", thank you to Eboni for pointing that out to Ms Know-it-all, and that whole "It's a beautiful place" was so fake and patronizing, imo.

Also when Eboni said something like, that's not representative, Heather immediately backtracked and called it "Fake Black America".  Ummm......  weird.

• Love 9
(edited)

I think it's interesting how many here (myself included) had no idea about the angry Black woman stereotype. When you are used to being attacked all the time, it's difficult to not have your guard up. I think Eboni is quick to assume some comments have racial undertones because that has been her experience. Part of my issue with her is how she reacts to the perceived slights. She comes across as very accusatory, and I think that's what sets the other women on the defensive. It really is about listening to each other and understanding where they're coming from, but it's a two-way street. Maybe as she gets to know the women better she will see that they are more harmlessly clueless than racist. I don't think Luann meant anything nefarious, but do believe Heather was being condescending in her attempts to help, but then she treats everyone like a small child. I just hope she doesn't offer Eboni a meatball (flashback to the Berzerkshires with Bethenny).

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm only halfway through the episode. 

This episode, and Eboni's talking heads, are such a beautiful illustration of why Heather makes me uncomfortable.  Not the only reason, but definitely a big one.

Did I mishear, or was it Luann who said "You have to teach us" to Eboni, yet Eboni chastised Ramona for that comment?  I could be wrong.

The ONLY funny thing in this episode was Sonja stuffing her mouth every minute she could for FREE FOOD.  I don’t think she eats at home.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

I lost the post I wanted to quote, so I’ll just ask…

Was Eboni’s ex white? ‘Cause I’m confused as to how he dodged a bullet by not being with her all because she speaks up about racism. If he’s not white then they have the same experiences. It’s happened to all of us at one time or another. 
Also, why is her speaking up considered lecturing or is it only lecturing to those who don’t care to hear it? 
When you feel someone has wronged you and you speak with them about it, I didn’t know that was a lecture. I thought it was clearing the air so the bs won’t happen again. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

What bothered me in the beginning of the episode was that Luann and Eboni both misrepresented what actually happened. Luann claimed that Eboni was saying that she was the "smartest" person at the table when Eboni never once said that. Meanwhile, Eboni claimed that Luann called her an "angry black woman" when Luann didn't say that. Eboni also told Leah that she told the ladies she had more "formal education" than the other women when in reality she just generalized by saying she had "more education". 

You're right about what was said, but I think both Luann and Eboni reported what they heard. Hence the clash.

I hope Eboni doesn't end up regretting befriending Sonja. Sonja's great when she wants to be, but she's also envious and back-bitey. I'm still giving Eboni another episode or two before deciding if I like her or not. I have a feeling I would like her more on The Real Housewives of New York and not on Leah Screams At The Real Housewives of New York.

• LOL 3
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

They should just ignore Leah. Easy. 
Unless there’s a rider in their contracts that mandates that they engage other HWs.

I regard her the way Heather does. You’re a mosquito. I will close the window.

I agree. In fact they should all act like she is still doing her short lived vow of silence. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Ramona was even hating the screaming when she was on a totally different floor.  She is so herself, all of the time.  Hahahahhahahaha

While that's all true, I can totally relate to Ramona's intolerance for all the screaming.   Like her, I grew up in a house where people shouted/screamed at each other all the time - like a normal thing.   Every time I'm around that behavior by anyone I cringe and generally just leave.  I think Leah screams at people more than she talks. 

• Like 1
  • Love 21
13 hours ago, Lady Lucy said:

And I'm out.  I can't take Leah one more minute.

I'll continue to read your comments and when you tell me she's gone (and I pray to the Bravo gods that happens soon), I'll start watching again.

Changed the channel in the first five minutes because I couldn’t take another second of Leah. Just here for the snark now. 

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Can’t they stop this season, take a hiatus and go to the editing room and come back with a different show? Edit Leah out.

This is a good idea!  Because I truly think it would be a pretty good season if they just cut her parts out. 

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

While that's all true, I can totally relate to Ramona's intolerance for all the screaming.   Like her, I grew up in a house where people shouted/screamed at each other all the time - like a normal thing.   Every time I'm around that behavior by anyone I cringe and generally just leave.  I think Leah screams at people more than she talks. 

I never said I didn't understand it.  I just think it's funny.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

I hope Eboni doesn't end up regretting befriending Sonja. Sonja's great when she wants to be, but she's also envious and back-bitey. I'm still giving Eboni another episode or two before deciding if I like her or not. I have a feeling I would like her more on The Real Housewives of New York and not on Leah Screams At The Real Housewives of New York.

Agree about Sonja. She was fine this episode, but it's only a matter of time before she gets wasted and goes off again.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Still seeing comments about how Leah's insanity is "generational".  

Maybe they mean that you only see insanity like this on a reality television show once in a generation...

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, chlban said:

I would bet tons of money that Heather supported Biden.

same - I'd take that bet with you, but Leah said something like "I'd vote for Biden not because I like him, but because I don't like the other guy" and then said to Heather "you just want me to vote for your guy"

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Momager said:

What’s the harm?

The harm is that it perpetuates the stereotype of the "angry black woman" when the word "angry" is responded to in anger.  Good job Eboni, for stereotyping and labeling your own self, then turn into a sanctimonious quivering mass of jello because YOU brought it up.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Meanwhile the way Leah pronounces "Karen" all I can hear is Henry Hill 😄 

I wonder what her talent is going to be for the Halloween pageant. If she sits in a chair and lip syncs Don't Cry Out Loud, she might win back some points with me. 

And that concludes my obscure movie references for this episode.

• LOL 13
  • Love 5

You saw the essence of Heather when she belittled and mocked the fisherman. He is a professional and makes a living fishing but Heather knows better. 

I wish this show was like fishing  so we could throw Heather, Leah and Eboni back and try for something better.

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, GussieK said:

I missed something when they were putting on the costumes. Why did Leah have the throat-cut makeup?  Was it from a particular slasher movie?  

2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I believe she was supposed to be Carrie from "Carrie"  Which happened at Prom and not the theme of the party which was 70's beauty pageant.  (more attention seeking from her)  

I thought Lu said it was a Halloween costume party, with the theme of 70's beauty pagent?   And then Leah's costume would make more sense.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Get off your high horse Luann!! Eboni doesn't not need to have patience with your white privlleged ass. 

Sonja was making so much sense! I couldn't believe it. 

Heather was trying to act so woke. And came off extra cringe.

I really liked the Eboni/Sonja vibe. 

Leah is crazy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

I have watched this show since it started. I put up with a lot of crazy people who have cycled in but I am about to end it. I really liked Leah last year but she is ruining the show. I did not think I could dislike anyone more than Jill. I don't think I can make it through a whole show. I'll try but it's getting harder and harder.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, backhometome said:

Get off your high horse Luann!! Eboni doesn't not need to have patience with your white privlleged ass. 

Then as Luann said she can leave. This is Luann’s house after all.

Eboni brings nothing to the table except woke buzz words and cable TV talking points. Not content with injecting race into every conversation Eboni is trying to make things worse with politics.

Leah and Eboni are both fails and need to be eliminated from the show.

• Love 18
50 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

MTV, please come make her an offer she can't refuse and get her off of my TV.  

Oh my god you're so onto something!!!!!  Maybe someone will give her another show and she can leave!

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

same - I'd take that bet with you, but Leah said something like "I'd vote for Biden not because I like him, but because I don't like the other guy" and then said to Heather "you just want me to vote for your guy"

I don't think she meant Heather supported Trump. She was trying to say that when Heather said she thought Leah should vote on principle, she really meant that she wanted another vote for Biden. And Leah wanted her to know that if she voted for Biden it wouldn't be to support Heather or make Heather happy. So Heather failed at shaming her, or something.

20 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

I thought Lu said it was a Halloween costume party, with the theme of 70's beauty pagent?   And then Leah's costume would make more sense.  

Yes, that's what I thought. Since it was Halloween + Beauty Pageant meant beauty pageant queen who'd been murdered in a slasher movie. Carrie didn't get her throat cut, she got blood dumped on her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
5 minutes ago, FancyNancy said:

I thought they were staying at Ramona’s house?

They were and by the looks of it, the entire season (oyster hunting, ocean fishing, Audrey Hepburn dinner party, painting Nude Guy,  and now Halloween party) was filmed during this endless weekend. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, FancyNancy said:

I thought they were staying at Ramona’s house?

The Real Housewives of New York is Luann’s house. Ramona and Sonja too.

Generally speaking when you join something you try to conform to the group. Not try to change it into your image. It would be like a Satanist joining a church and expecting them to immediately institute human sacrifice.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Cosmocrush said:

They were and by the looks of it, the entire season (oyster hunting, ocean fishing, Audrey Hepburn dinner party, and now Halloween party) was filmed during this endless weekend. 

So is this the big vacay? I hope not 🙃

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I enjoy Sober Sonja for the most part.  But I'll take Drunk Luann (crashing into the shrubbery, not being "uncool", etc) over Sober Countess Luann any day.  

Admittedly, Luann looks great but the way she keeps flipping her hair I get the feeling she is often looking for a mirror to catch a glimpse of herself. 

1 minute ago, FancyNancy said:

It's looking that way due to Covid, but just a guess. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Feech said:

The Real Housewives of New York is Luann’s house. Ramona and Sonja too.

Generally speaking when you join something you try to conform to the group. Not try to change it into your image. It would be like a Satanist joining a church and expecting them to immediately institute human sacrifice.

Or it could be being a leader and not a follower.  She doesn’t have to conform because she’s her own person. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, Feech said:

Eboni brings nothing to the table except woke buzz words and cable TV talking points.

I posted that same thing about Leah! It is maddening! 

Since we are in a world that has recognized racial unfairness, inequities, bias, etc...and we are all talking about is it crazy for me to wonder that someone like Leah, a white woman to be pointing her finger at other white women and accusing them or calling them the hip buzz words of the day? How does she get to be the person who decides how the HW's and others should think and act?  Personally I base my bias on the person, be a decent person, be kind, contribute to a healthy society and we won't have a problem...Leah has not been that kind, decent person, she has been and continues to be an asshole, why can't we just point a finger at her or anyone and call them an asshole? 

• Love 17
(edited)

Yes, that's what I thought. Since it was Halloween + Beauty Pageant meant beauty pageant queen who'd been murdered in a slasher movie

I hope she doesn't have her heart set on winning Miss Congeniality.

Edited by WaltersHair
  • LOL 17
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, FancyNancy said:

Or it could be being a leader and not a follower.  She doesn’t have to conform because she’s her own person. 

Very true. 

She can be her own person and not belong in the group just like Aviva, Jules and vagina decorating girl who just didn’t fit in. 

One and done.

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, FancyNancy said:

Spoiler

They go to Salem, MA according to the previews. Leah should fit right in 😜

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Carrie didn't get her throat cut, she got blood dumped on her. 

Gosh, what I wouldn't give to have a big pail of pig blood dumped on Leah's head.  Now, that would be entertainment!

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Raiderred said:

Well, I got about 10 mins in and had to turn it off.  HW's is not what it used to be and makes watching stressful and I just don't need the extra stress. 

Thanks Andy! Blah!

I agree, but this show also reminds me to appreciate that these women are not my family members. Leah is not my sister, so thank you, Sweet Baby Jesus. Life is good.

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

I wonder if Eboni is aware of LuAnn’s Halloween costume of a few years ago? Having been in black face and wearing a giant afro wig does not scream “I understand your struggles” to me! 

Sonja is just soooo much nicer, calmer, and more understanding of others when she isn’t drinking.

And, to wrap it up, Heather still seems to think she is black because she’s been to “Puffy’s” house. Like Eboni said, that is NOT the real “Black Experience”.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4