Type keyword(s) to search

I Heart You: TV Star Crushes

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, spaceytraci1208 said:

Watching a Law & Order: SVU marathon, and falling in love all over again with Elliot Stabler. Chris Meloni, in addition to being fine, really sells the character's intensity juxtaposed   with his softer, compassionate side 

Did you ever watch "Oz"?  You'll see everything you want to see of Chris Meloni in that.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Enigma X said:

Tim Daly sure has aged well.

You made me look and I agree! He never rang any chimes for me when he was the generically cute guy on Wings, but his face has some character and sexiness to it now.

• Love 3

Now that the new season of Mr. Robot is starting, the first season is on Amazon Prime and so I started watching to see what all the fuss was about. And I can now see that at least half the fuss is over how beautiful Rami Malek's face is. My goodness, that is one good looking man. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Dancingjaneway said:

Kate McKinnon is my newest celebrity crush. I've always liked her on SNL but this movie moved me from like to LOVE. She was perfection and I really hope her career skyrockets after this.

Which movie?

3 hours ago, Princess Sparkle said:

Now that the new season of Mr. Robot is starting, the first season is on Amazon Prime and so I started watching to see what all the fuss was about. And I can now see that at least half the fuss is over how beautiful Rami Malek's face is. My goodness, that is one good looking man. 

He's one of the voice actors of the video game "Until Dawn", and they very closely drew his character to look like him.  There are a lot of videos of people playing the game on YouTube, if you're interested.  Warning, it's pretty scary.

8 hours ago, DollEyes said:

Jared Leto, aka the Actor Formerly Only Known As Jordan Catalano on My So-Called Life, will be shirtless on the cover of the new issue of Rolling Stone.

I was just coming here to post about him lol. He has aged very well.

• Love 2

Because I just finished marathon watching the entire series which I just bought (marathoned because one only has two weeks before they can return/exchange dvds and I wanted to make sure none of the discs were damaged), I have to call out my long-time girl crush on Tyne Daly and Sharon Gless, most famously known as Cagney & Lacey.

• Love 2

I have to call out my long-time girl crush on Tyne Daly and Sharon Gless, most famously known as Cagney & Lacey.

I love them both so much!

I recently borrowed a friend's DVDs to watch The Closer all the way through (and then promptly watched it again; how on earth did I not like that show when it was originally on?!) and my Jon Tenney crush is in full bloom.  I've always found him attractive, but have generally seen him playing characters I don't like.  Fritz, however, is my TV boyfriend, so everything is aligned.

It also reminded me I have a bit of a girl crush on Mary McDonnell. 

And on the second watch, I found myself developing an odd little crush on Andy (Tony Denison).  He's attractive, and has this terrific twinkle in his eyes and a great smile. 

So, an all-around good binge watch!

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 2

Does the person have to be a TV star?  I watch mainly my type of reality shows, Mike Holmes, true crimes, and a new favorite, Air Disasters on Smithsonian.
There is a French air crash investigator, Leopold Sartorius who is so good looking. 

Edited by auntjess

Reality show stars count.  His campaigning for Mitt Romney killed it, but I had a major Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs) crush going on.  And I find Damon, who used to work with Mike Holmes on his various shows, absolutely dreamy.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bastet said:

His campaigning for Mitt Romney killed it, but I had a major Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs) crush going on.

Same here.  It broke my heart to see him campaigning for Romney.  Maybe he's repented?

I know nothing about Adam Scott outside of his portrayal of Ben Wyatt on Parks and Recreation, but I just love the way he plays his character.  I have such a crush on him.  Or maybe it's the character I have a crush on, but the way he looks at the camera when he's confused or surprised about something that just happened is quite amusing to me.  I love his looks.

• Love 7
On 8/19/2016 at 0:03 AM, auntjess said:

Does the person have to be a TV star?  I watch mainly my type of reality shows, Mike Holmes, true crimes, and a new favorite, Air Disasters on Smithsonian.
There is a French air crash investigator, Leopold Sartorius who is so good looking. 

Greg Feith, formerly with the NTSB, is no slouch in the looks department either. He made CNN's mind-numbingly constant and repetetive coverage of missing Malaysian Airlines MH370 almost bearable. And I love his ties.

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 2:30 PM, Bastet said:

Reality show stars count.  His campaigning for Mitt Romney killed it, but I had a major Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs) crush going on.  And I find Damon, who used to work with Mike Holmes on his various shows, absolutely dreamy.

I can't have a crush on someone I suspect would roll over in bed and say:  "200 miles southeast of the Cornelia Marie, Captain Keith of the Wizard is about to haul gear on his latest string...."  It's that voice!  Although he did get jobs for his parents so that should count for something.

Of course reality show stars count!  Jeremy Wade, extreme angler, being my case in point.  Although he is starting to run out of river monsters that aren't bull sharks.  He can just sit in the boat and look worried.

I find Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard quite beguiling, individually and even more as a couple. I never skip past them on my recordings when they're talk show guests, and I skip through a lot.

I even stop my fast-forwarding to watch their commercials!

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 4

Have I spoken about the sexiness of Peter Dinklage in this thread yet? Because if not, let me correct that oversight. The man has an incredibly masculine and mesmerizing presence that reminds me of a classic movie idol, and which is rarely seen on either the big or small screens today.

• Love 6
On 8/20/2016 at 5:37 PM, Shannon L. said:

I know nothing about Adam Scott outside of his portrayal of Ben Wyatt on Parks and Recreation, but I just love the way he plays his character.  I have such a crush on him.  Or maybe it's the character I have a crush on, but the way he looks at the camera when he's confused or surprised about something that just happened is quite amusing to me.  I love his looks.

Yes! Especially his befuddlement over the Lil Sebastian mania. "I just don't get it!"

I've recently been watching Freaks and Geeks (I missed it the first time around), and not only am I really sad that it only lasted one season, but I now have a huge crush on Jason Segel's character Nick. I liked him ok on How I met Your Mother, but I just love him as Nick, since he plays the earnest young teenager with his heart on his sleeve so well. Just an adorable puppy dog! This show also spoils me by featuring an older Biff from Back to the Future (yes he's a dick, but 1950's Biff was hot!) and a young Martin Starr, who is now the sexy curmudgeon on Silicon Valley. And that's only scratching the surface of the talent on that show. It was an embarrassment of riches!

Edited by Cherpumple
  • Love 4

I love Bill, he's such a nice man. Have either of you seen him in Mom? I've never watched the show, but since he's my TV husband and has signed on as a series regular for the upcoming season, I might have to start.

It's a great show, and Adam is a good character.

• Love 1

Crap, now I'm going to have to watch Mom.  I watched the first episode whenever it was, and didn't like it, which is saying something, because I love Allison Janney.  Does anyone remember if Janney and Fichtner had any interaction on TWW, when his character was up for the SCOTUS?  I would like to look back at that. 

On 8/30/2016 at 8:49 AM, Miss Dee said:

Have I spoken about the sexiness of Peter Dinklage in this thread yet? Because if not, let me correct that oversight. The man has an incredibly masculine and mesmerizing presence that reminds me of a classic movie idol, and which is rarely seen on either the big or small screens today.

A lot of book readers complained about Dinklage when he was cast as Tyrion on GoT, saying he was far too handsome for the part.

So, I started my first Gilmore Girls rewatch (the first watch of the show since it first aired--so a decade ago) and my god, Milo Ventimiglia is a very, very attractive man. I've followed some of his work. I've suffered through almost all of The Whispers because of him, I finally finished season 4 of Heroes after a year and a half of putting it off because of him, and I'm most likely going to watch This Is Us because of him. Plus, his constant enthusiasm for Gilmore Girls really puts bonus points in his court. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

...my god, Milo Ventimiglia is a very, very attractive man

Mercy yes! I even liked the character of Jess, which I might not have if someone else had played him. He's the clear winner for me in the Padalecki/Czuchry/Ventimiglia looks sweepstakes.

• Love 2

Ant & Dec.

David Boreanaz.

Darren Hayes. 

Derren Brown.

Eric Millegan.

Benedict Cumberbatch.

Martin Freeman.

Andrew Scott.

Hugh Dancy.

Zak Bagans.

Matthew Gray Gubler.

T.R. Knight.

Jake McDorman.

Michael C Hall.

Peter Krause.

Evan Peters.

*ye I'm not even sorry* lol

I binged on Person of Interest recently. It took me about an episode to develop a crush Sarah Shahi. I couldn't get enough of her, so after PoI's untimely demise I started watching Life and in it she is just as hot (and the show has been surprisingly good so far, so my shallowness is paying dividends, yay!).

• Love 3

Bumping it up to add that Mike Colter, the star of Netflix's Luke Cage, is H-O-T. 

Michael Ealy, late of Almost Human, is on Secrets & Lies and his eyes are even prettier than ever.   

Sterling K. Brown and his abs are perfect on This Is Us, the new NBC family drama. 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 5

It has been a long time since I've developed a "crush" or even a "dayum, he's fine" on an actor or character but I've had two this week.

The first was with You're The Worst when Lin Manuel Miranda lookalike (or at least IMO) Desmin Borges, who plays Edgar, was dancing in his underwear. 

The second is Mark Paul Gosselaar on Pitch.   I've always liked MPG from his Saved By The Bell days but I never felt into him in any way.  And there's nothing about the physical changes for his current role  that would normally attract me.  Extra muscle? Not especially.  Hat head?  Nope.  Unruly bushy beard?  Hell no.  And yet, there's something about the way he carries himself in the role that just works for me. It's weirding me out a little.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 6

I'm drawn to Zahn McClarnon. I only know him from Longmire, which is enough, but I also found an earlier photo that supports my hypothesis.

Like @Irlandesa said about Gosselaar, there's something about the lithe way Zahn carries himself and the comfort and ease he has with his body that makes me raise an interested eyebrow.

zahn.JPG

zahn2.JPG

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, lordonia said:

I'm drawn to Zahn McClarnon. I only know him from Longmire, which is enough, but I also found an earlier photo that supports my hypothesis.

Like @Irlandesa said about Gosselaar, there's something about the way Zahn carries himself and the comfort and ease he has with his body that makes me raise an interested eyebrow.

zahn.JPG

zahn2.JPG

I fell for him during season two of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman in 1994- he played Cloud Dancing's son, Walks With Clouds.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

It has been a long time since I've developed a "crush" or even a "dayum, he's fine" on an actor or character but I've had two this week.

The first was with You're The Worst when Lin Manuel Miranda lookalike (or at least IMO) Desmin Borges, who plays Edgar, was dancing in his underwear. 

The second is Mark Paul Gosselaar on Pitch.   I've always liked MPG from his Saved By The Bell days but I never felt into him in any way.  And there's nothing about the physical changes for his current role  that would normally attract me.  Extra muscle? Not especially.  Hat head?  Nope.  Unruly bushy beard?  Hell no.  And yet, there's something about the way he carries himself in the role that just works for me. It's weirding me out a little.

Perhaps it's the entire package of Mr. Gosselar; he never did much for me when he was on "Saved by the Bell." But on "Pitch?" Rawr.

• Love 1

Sterling K. Brown is becoming my ideal man. I love his character on "This Is Us," but I've also seen and heard him in interviews, and he's as nice and funny as he is on the show. I never watched the OJ movie, so I don't know how he was in that. But he won an Emmy for it.  

• Love 7
On 10/13/2016 at 0:17 PM, topanga said:

Sterling K. Brown is becoming my ideal man. I love his character on "This Is Us," but I've also seen and heard him in interviews, and he's as nice and funny as he is on the show. I never watched the OJ movie, so I don't know how he was in that. But he won an Emmy for it.  

I saw SKB in The People Vs. O.J. Simpson and his Emmy was well-deserved. 

• Love 8