Type keyword(s) to search

I Heart You: TV Star Crushes

• Start Topic

I have been watching a Netflix marathon of the "The Tudors" and my God.  Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Henry Cavill and James Frain altogether.  In one show.  Several times, I have had to go back and listen to dialogue I've missed because I've been staring at them.

• Love 6

My girl crush will always and forever be Lucy Liu.  Not only is she unbelievably, timelessly beautiful, but she's also the nicest, most thoughtful, most generous celebrity I've ever met.  Heck, she's one of the kindest people I've ever met, celebrity or otherwise.

My current TV crush is James Norton, from Happy Valley and now Grantchester.  Extremely versatile actor and he has a charm/charisma about him that makes him extremely sexy and compelling.

Timothy Olyphant as seen in Deadwood.

Gabriel Macht in The Suits.

Adam Baldwin in Firefly.

I wasn't even born at the time, but Telly Savalas in Kojak!

Michael Ironside in original V (I wasn't even 3 at the time that show aired, but man, oh man!) and every cartoon he ever voiced.

Dean Winters in OZ, in commercials as Mayhem, as Dixon in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles,...and basically in everything he ever was.

Also, Michael something who played Gus Pike in Road to Avonlea! I was a pre-teen and I wholeheartedly belived that that is how all boyfriends will ever be. Boy, was I in the wrong... Second also goes to Gilbert Blythe (Jonathan, again, something) from Anne of Green Gables.

Edited by decembar13
  • Love 2

I don't know when it happened, but Donnie Wahlberg is way sexier to me than Mark.

I feel that way too. There's just something about Donnie that draws you in (aside from the rock hard abs) and he also comes across as a truly genuine nice guy who loves his family, friends and fans. Aside from his unfortunate taste in women, Donnie is pretty much perfection and endlessly crushable.

Edited by DiamondDoll

Samira Wiley from Orange is the New Black. She was adorable in the first season, but I fell in love with her during her flashback episode in season 2. I'd walk around with a pound of coke in broad daylight just to get thrown into Litchfield with Poussey Washington. And I say this as a woman who was pretty exclusively dude-centric before Ms. Wiley showed up on my radar.

• Love 2

Colin o'donoghue from OUAT is my current crush- I can't stop staring at him when he's on TV. I love Michael Weatherly from NCIS as well as Stephen Amell on Arrow.

Richard Armitage- one of the sexiest men alive. How he's not in more movies astounds me. Downton Abbey needs to hire him ASAP.

• Love 2

I don't know when it happened, but Andy Samberg has gotten so handsome.  I don't know if it's the haircut, or the glasses or what, but when I saw him at the oscars, I actually went "Wow."

SNL had quite a few men whose looks snuck up on you--Seth Meyers, Will Forte, Bill Hader, Samburg. I think being funny is so sexy.

• Love 2

He'll be on Hannibal this season. Also, I agree that he is sexiness personified.

Thanks! Will definitely check this show out now. Plus I saw it has Hugh Dancy in it? Swoon.

He's not conventionally handsome but how can you not love Bobby? He's adorable, funny, super professional (I think I've only seen him break in the Scared Straight sketches).

I have a new one for you: Gael Garcia Bernal.  He's the lead of Mozart in the Jungle, and by the time you get to the season 1 finale, he will be incredibly attractive.

How nice to find a character who is filled with positive energy instead of all of these grim anti-heroes we've been having lately!

• Love 3

One of my current TV crushes is Tom Pelphrey, who started on daytime on Guiding Light and As the World Turns and is currently on Banshee the Cinemax action series in which he plays Deputy Kurt Bunker, an ex neo-Nazi who's trying to atone for the sins of his past. He's not only hot, as the locker room scene in the S3 finale alone proves, he can act as good as he looks.

• Love 2

I hear you.  Been crushing on him for a while.  Actually, is it a sad thing that most of my tv crushes come from the CW?  I apparently have a thing for brothers-  Sam & Dean, Klaus & Elijah, Damon & Stefan......

• Love 1

I've no doubt rambled on about how hot Rollo, Ragnar, and Bjorn, and pretty much the entire cast of Vikings is, but I feel the need to proclaim my lust for this season's Kalf. When he showed up in Kattegat a few eps back, with his hair all down and flowing in the wind and shit.... yes indeed.

I became an NCIS fan several years ago by watching marathons on USA, and I developed quite the crush on Sasha Alexander (the first two seasons of NCIS are still my favorites).  Then I followed her to Rizzoli & Isles. Still my TV girlfriend! Despite the fact that if you stood Caitlin Todd and Maura Isles next to each other, you'd never know they were played by the same woman! 

• Love 1

Christian Kane - mostly from Leverage, but even with short hair he looks great in the Librarians.

Adrian Paul - Highlander

Tom Mison - Sleepy Hollow

Yeah, there's my type. :)

• Love 3
(edited)

Back in the eighties and nineties Forrest Sawyer and Charlie Rose. Don't know why I picked news people instead of actors. But for Masterpiece the original Poldark, the Aussie in A Town Like Alice and RA in North and South.

Edited by whatsatool

Quark - I don't know why, but he was always my DS9 crush... I'll go and sit in the corner.

I have never understood why people dislike the Quark episodes. He is not much to look at but he has personality.

• Love 1

Back in the eighties and nineties Forrest Sawyer and Charlie Rose. Don't know why I picked news people instead of actors. But for Masterpiece the original Poldark, the Aussie in A Town Like Alice and RA in North and South.

I still have a crush on Charlie Rose. I'm watching him right now. I also am a little in love with Scott Pelley. I love the gray hair, and he has so much more gravitas than Brian Williams, even before Williams's recent troubles.

That was Bryan Brown in A Town like Alice. I liked him a lot too, but he was definitely more sexy than handsome. I saw him interviewed about ten years ago, and he was like the definition of dad bod. Oh well, I'm not what I was when I was 24 either.

I'm showing my age, but Valerie Bertinelli, one day at a time, and beyond. Lock the thread, no more calls, we have a winner.  >drops mic, walks away<

• Love 5
(edited)

My first tv crush was on Jonathan Frakes aka Will Riker when I was 7 or so. Rewatching now, though, it's all about Patrick Stewart.

Right now my great tv loves are Sam Heughan (Jamie) from Outlander and Colin O'Donoghue (Hook) from Once Upon a Time. I hope this means I have a thing for loyal, supportive, protective guys with amazing accents and not for two-hundred-year-olds who can sword fight, 'cause that would be awkward. 

ETA: I also fell hard for Josh Dallas (also from Once) in the pilot as he battled his way through a bunch of knights with his newborn daughter in his arms. Swoon. Again, not sure if it was the sword, or protecting his daughter in a fairly hopeless situation that did it.

Edited by satrunrose
  • Love 1

Richard Armitage- one of the sexiest men alive. How he's not in more movies astounds me. Downton Abbey needs to hire him ASAP.

Normally the subject matter of Hannibal just doesn't work for me.  But because he will be on it along with my girl-crush Rutina Wesley, I am giving it a look-see this season.

(edited)

I'm showing my age, but Valerie Bertinelli, one day at a time, and beyond. Lock the thread, no more calls, we have a winner. >drops mic, walks away<

I respectfully disagree. I just saw the trailer for True Detective Season 2 and there are two reasons why I'm watching: Colin Farrell & Taylor Kitsch. Based on it alone, CF is back at his dirty sexy best. As for TK, between this, Friday Night Lights & The Normal Heart, it's almost like Battleship  & John Carter never happened.

Edited by DollEyes

I love Charlie too! He's from my hometown!

I really like a wide variety of stars. Such as:  Jack Weber from Medium,

Vincent D'Onofrio from Law & Order: Criminal Intent

Donnie Wahlberg of Blue Bloods and music world. and

Max Thieriot of Bates Motel.

• Love 1