Type keyword(s) to search

I Heart You: TV Star Crushes

• Start Topic

59 minutes ago, festivus said:

I tend to crush on the quirky looking guys most of the time. I like an interesting face.

Same here.

I won't talk about Jeff Goldblum, as my thoughts would make the majority of you turn beet red.

Stupid politics aside, I'd still give it to James Woods.  I crushed hard on the late Ron Silver too.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Annber03 said:

And while we're speaking of shows that air on the Laff channel, I'll add Ryan Stiles and Craig Ferguson from "Drew Carey" to the list as well (though I first started crushing on Craig while watching his late night show, but still :D). 

I too crushed on Craig Ferguson mostly due to his late night show but he's not uncommon.

But you're one of the few who shares my Ryan Stiles crush.  That didn't develop until Whose Line aired in the US but it did. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

He was sexy af in the movie Ricochet, as he played a bad guy....also loved him in Terms of Endearment.  Add his height and yes, one sexy man indeed.

Ah, yay, I'm not alone :D. I just saw Footloose for the very first time a few weeks back (yeah, I'm way late on that one) and I thought he looked quite nice in that movie, too. And yes to the height-I seem to have a thing for tall guys. Which is funny, 'cause I'm 5'6" :p. 

Ricochet is going to be on some movie channel soon, so now you mention that one, I'll give it a look :). 

12 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I too crushed on Craig Ferguson mostly due to his late night show but he's not uncommon.

But you're one of the few who shares my Ryan Stiles crush.  That didn't develop until Whose Line aired in the US but it did. 

Oh, yeah, I definitely know that liking Craig is not unusual, hehe. Just wanted to put him here. 

Glad to be in agreement on Ryan, too. "Whose Line" is where I started liking him, too-I do remember seeing "Drew Carey" sometimes when it originally aired, but nothing really pinged then. Watching the show back now, though... Again, a tall, funny man. I clearly have a type :D. 

19 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

I'm a sucker for a super-smart, well-dressed dude.

Oh, hell, yes. I especially love when men do the rolled up sleeves thing. 

16 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Kelsey Grammer normally didn't do it for me, but whenever there was an episode of Frasier where he was dressed down in jeans and had some five o'clock shadow, I found him hot as hell.

David Hyde Pierce was utterly adorable on that show, too. Niles Crane is probably my longest-lasting TV character crush. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

Jensen Ackles (Supernatural)

David Duchovny (The X-Files)

David Cassidy (Partridge Family)

Shaun Cassidy (Hardy Boys tv show)

Michael Landon (Bonanza)

David Cassidy was my first crush when I was a little girl, but I preferred Parker Stevenson over Shaun.

Also Richard Hatch (The original BSG), Duchovny, Kit Harrington (just cause I’m old, doesn’t mean I can’t crush on him), and Jesse Spencer.

But my all time crush is David Soul.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, roamyn said:

But my all time crush is David Soul.

How could I forget about Starsky and Hutch. I crushed hard on Paul Michael Glaser I even wrote him fan letters and sent him pictures lol.

I was also crushing on Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict on BSG.

Another one I forgot is Bobby Sherman (Here Comes the Brides)

I have to mention someone I've actually met, Kevin Brophy he was filming the tv show Lucan. I was 18 and they filmed on a farm close to where I live and me and some friends happened to meet someone that worked on set and he invited us to visit the closed set. Everyday we had our name put on the list to be let in and we would sit all day. The last day me and my friend gave Kevin a ride back to his hotel, we didn't go in their was no sex I did make out with him though :-) He was really cute and very nice, down to earth. Those days were fun.

Edited by foxfreakinmulder
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

How could I forget about Starsky and Hutch. I crushed hard on Paul Michael Glaser I even wrote him fan letters and sent him pictures lol.

I was also crushing on Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict on BSG.

Another one I forgot is Bobby Sherman (Here Comes the Brides)

You know David Soul was also on HCTB?  He also married Bobby’s ex wife, Patti.

I didn’t mind Jeremy, but I hated him & Candy as a couple.

h!  Another crush I found aft he died, in re-runs:  Dan Blocker,  I called myself “Hoss’s Honey” when I was in the fandom.  He was a big ol teddy bear.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, roamyn said:

Another crush I found aft he died, in re-runs:  Dan Blocker,  I called myself “Hoss’s Honey” when I was in the fandom.  He was a big ol teddy bear.

I had a crush on Michael Landon because I thought he was the cutest brother but Hoss was my favorite of the brothers. Bonanza wasn't the same without him.

• Love 5

Here's another crush I forgot.

Tom Selleck (Magnum P.I.) Tom was my incentive to stop smoking. I know that sounds silly but I was able to quit cold turkey after smoking for 14 years. I kept telling myself when I would get the urge to smoke if I was to ever meet someone like Tom Selleck he would not want to kiss a smoker lol. It worked, I've been smoke free every since. Thank you Tom :-)

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

Here's another crush I forgot.

Tom Selleck (Magnum P.I.) Tom was my incentive to stop smoking. I know that sounds silly but I was able to quit cold turkey after smoking for 14 years. I kept telling myself when I would get the urge to smoke if I was to ever meet someone like Tom Selleck he would not want to kiss a smoker lol. It worked, I've been smoke free every since. Thank you Tom 🙂

If it's silly and it works, it isn't silly.

• Love 14

As usual, I'm late to the party that is the tv series Power.

There is a guy on that plays Tommy Egan and his name is Joseph Sikora:Tommy.thumb.jpg.c19b6072bd088372ad792cab3e75aa44.jpg

This guy is sexy AF!  From his character's heavy blaccent to his swagger, he's got me weak in the knees....the only drawback is he looks exactly like my former BFF.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 10/17/2019 at 9:29 AM, Vixenstud said:

As usual, I'm late to the party that is the tv series Power.

There is a guy on that plays Tommy Egan and his name is Joseph Sikora:

This guy is sexy AF!  From his character's heavy blaccent to his swagger, he's got me weak in the knees....the only drawback is he looks exactly like my former BFF.

So you have a type, then? LOL

26 minutes ago, topanga said:

So you have a type, then? LOL

Shaddap, lol.

I do....I likes 'em tall, bald with a goatee or beard and a swagger.

So I'm always surprised when someone without all that gets me goin', hee.

• LOL 3

I remember liking Aasif Mandvi when he was on "The Daily Show", and I'n enjoying getting to see him on TV again in "Evil". Really loving him and his character on that show. He's nerdy, has a good sense of humor, and he's smart-just my type :D!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I remember liking Aasif Mandvi when he was on "The Daily Show", and I'n enjoying getting to see him on TV again in "Evil". Really loving him and his character on that show. He's nerdy, has a good sense of humor, and he's smart-just my type :D!

I ADORE Aasif! He was the "go-to" guy when casting supporting roles to play South Asian and/or Pakistani characters on the Law & Order Franchise! He's been in all four! 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, ShadowHunter said:

Keifer Sutherland but my crush on him goes back to The Lost Boys (don't judge, the late 80s were a weird time).

I thought he was hot in Stand By Me.....'Catholic girls chew better'

That immediately won my slutty heart over (though I'm not Catholic), heh.

• LOL 2
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I ADORE Aasif! He was the "go-to" guy when casting supporting roles to play South Asian and/or Pakistani characters on the Law & Order Franchise! He's been in all four! 

Oh, wow. It's amazing how many people have been on at least one of the series in that franchise.

I'll have to look up those episodes, then :). 

11 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Oh, wow. It's amazing how many people have been on at least one of the series in that franchise.

I'll have to look up those episodes, then :). 

He's guest starred on them more than once. At least twice on the mothership, maybe three times on SVU, and also three times on Criminal Intent, and I think only once on Trial By Jury. But Trial By Jury was cancelled after a handful of episodes. If it was any good, we might have seen his dickish Judge Patel on a recurring basis. Sadly, despite a good cast, it wasn't that good.

Why no, I haven't kept track. What makes you think that?😜

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1
Just now, GHScorpiosRule said:

Why no, I haven't kept track. What makes you think that?😜

Haha, hey, I'm the same way. It's what us fangirls do, right? 

Thanks so much for the info. Off to find the episode titles and make my list :D. 

Bumping it up to say that I've been watching this season of Dancing With the Stars despite the presence of now-former contestant Sean Spicer because of front-runner James Van Der Beek.

While I wasn't checking much for the Beek during his Dawson's Creek days,  since then he's not only gotten hotter with age, he's got some serious moves-and apparently, his wife agrees, otherwise they wouldn't have a houseful of kids.

Edited because James & his wife suffered a miscarriage over the weekend.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 4

Agreed, @DollEyes. I never really got into "Dawson's Creek", either, but from what I've seen of him whenever he's popped up in other stuff since then, he seems like a cool guy and all, and indeed, his dance moves throughout this season have been....nice, to say the very least. Yes. 

I've also been enjoying Kel Mitchell this season as well. He just seems like such a sweet, fun guy. It's nice to see him doing well for himself since his "All That"/"Kenan and Kel" days. 

• Love 4

Bumping it up to add Pedro Pascal & Yahya Abdul-Mateen II to the Crush list. While I've been a Pascal fan since he played Oberyn Martell on Game Of Thrones & he was great on Narcos, he does some of his best work as the title character in The Mandalorian, the Star Wars-based spinoff from Disney +, a new streaming service. Pascal manages to show bravery, vulnerability & even humanity without even showing his face. That voice doesn't hurt, either. Neither does having the criminally adorable Baby Yoda as a sidekick, who brings out the best in character & actor alike.

As for Abdul-Mateen II, he's been on my radar since The Get Down & let's not forget Black Manta in Aquaman, but he shines-figuratively and literally-on HBO's reboot of Watchmen as Cal Abar, who's the reincarnated Dr. Manhattan.

• Love 4

My first (and forever) crushes:
John Schneider (Dukes of Hazzard)
Micky Dolenz (The Monkees)
Michael Nesmith (The Monkees)
Mark-Paul Gosselaar (Saved By the Bell)
Chad Allen (Our House, My Two Dads, Camp Cucamonga)
Tony Lucca (Micky Mouse Club)
Damon Pampolina (MMC)
John Larroquette (Night Court)
Jared Leto (My So-Called Life)
Miguel Ferrer (Twin Peaks)
Tom Selleck (Friends)
Adrian Zmed (TJ Hooker)
Allen Kaiser (Mama's Family)

My soap days:
James Scott (DooL)
Jensen Ackles (DooL)
Antonio Sabato Jr. (GH)
Sean Kanan (GH)
Steve Burton (GH)
Matt Borlegni (AMC)
Eddie Cibrian (Y&R)
Shamar Moore (Y&R)
Nathan Fillion (OLTL)

My TV Movie Days:
Jonathan Crombie (Anne of Green Gables)

My Wrestling Days:
The Rock
Randy Orton
Chris Jericho

Since (around, anyways) the new Millenium:
Chris Meloni (SVU, True Blood)
Jonathan Tucker (Kingdom, Parenthood)
Benjamin Bratt (L&O)
Jamie Dornan (OUaT; The Fall)
Alexander Skarsgard (True Blood, Big Little Lies)
Ioan Gruffud (The Ringer)
Dylan McDermott (AHS)
Blair Underwood (New Adv of Old Christine)
Matthew McConaughey (True Detective)
Joe Manganiello (True Blood)
Eric Balfour (Six Feet Under)
Chris Messina (Six Feet Under)
Skeet Ulrich (Riverdale)
Nikolaj Coster Waldau (GoT)
West Bentley (AHS)
Sterling K Brown (American Crime Story)
James Marsters (BtVS)
David Boreanez (BtVS, Angel)

Girl crushes:
Famke Jannsen (Nip/Tuck)
Sarah Michelle Gellar (BtVS, Ringer, Crazy Ones)
Shannen Doherty (BH90210, Charmed)
Mädchen Amick (Twin Peaks, Ringer, Riverdale)

I'm sure I left some off..

• Love 3
7 hours ago, punkypower said:

My first (and forever) crushes:
John Schneider (Dukes of Hazzard)
Micky Dolenz (The Monkees)
Michael Nesmith (The Monkees)
Mark-Paul Gosselaar (Saved By the Bell)
Chad Allen (Our House, My Two Dads, Camp Cucamonga)
Tony Lucca (Micky Mouse Club)
Damon Pampolina (MMC)
John Larroquette (Night Court)
Jared Leto (My So-Called Life)
Miguel Ferrer (Twin Peaks)
Tom Selleck (Friends)
Adrian Zmed (TJ Hooker)
Allen Kaiser (Mama's Family)

My soap days:
James Scott (DooL)
Jensen Ackles (DooL)
Antonio Sabato Jr. (GH)
Sean Kanan (GH)
Steve Burton (GH)
Matt Borlegni (AMC)
Eddie Cibrian (Y&R)
Shamar Moore (Y&R)
Nathan Fillion (OLTL)

My TV Movie Days:
Jonathan Crombie (Anne of Green Gables)

My Wrestling Days:
The Rock
Randy Orton
Chris Jericho

Since (around, anyways) the new Millenium:
Chris Meloni (SVU, True Blood)
Jonathan Tucker (Kingdom, Parenthood)
Benjamin Bratt (L&O)
Jamie Dornan (OUaT; The Fall)
Alexander Skarsgard (True Blood, Big Little Lies)
Ioan Gruffud (The Ringer)
Dylan McDermott (AHS)
Blair Underwood (New Adv of Old Christine)
Matthew McConaughey (True Detective)
Joe Manganiello (True Blood)
Eric Balfour (Six Feet Under)
Chris Messina (Six Feet Under)
Skeet Ulrich (Riverdale)
Nikolaj Coster Waldau (GoT)
West Bentley (AHS)
Sterling K Brown (American Crime Story)
James Marsters (BtVS)
David Boreanez (BtVS, Angel)

Girl crushes:
Famke Jannsen (Nip/Tuck)
Sarah Michelle Gellar (BtVS, Ringer, Crazy Ones)
Shannen Doherty (BH90210, Charmed)
Mädchen Amick (Twin Peaks, Ringer, Riverdale)

I'm sure I left some off..

You left Harry Anderson off.

• LOL 2
23 hours ago, punkypower said:

My Wrestling Days:
The Rock
Randy Orton
Chris Jericho

CHRIS JERICHO????!!!???

BACK OFF BITCH.  😊

Are you watching him on AEW on TNT?  He is (deliberately) playing the mid-life crisis version of his younger character.  God he is a genius. I will never not love him.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • LOL 2

@ratgirlagogo!! 😍😍 Thank you, thank you, thank you for the laugh and happy news tonight. It's the last week of my first semester of grad school, and they helped!!

I am SO going to look for this show!! That sounds AMAZING!!

I still have my "Top 10 Signs You're a Jericholic" tee. I have his first book, but need the second!

I went to find a great Jericho video to send you off with. I simply YT'ed "Chris Jericho" and filtered for highest rating. This came up. Who knew how many shoppers were out there??..who am I kidding? I was one of them!!😂🤣

• Love 2

On a completely shallow note- is anyone else amazed at how much MORE ripped and handsome Eddie Murphy appears at age 58 than he did in his 20's? I mean, he now looks like his own younger self's dominant twin rather than appearing to have aged any  actual time. Even Rob Lowe may be awestruck by Mr. Murphy's appearance!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Blergh said:

On a completely shallow note- is anyone else amazed at how much MORE ripped and handsome Eddie Murphy appears at age 58 than he did in his 20's? I mean, he now looks like his own younger self's dominant twin rather than appearing to have aged any  actual time. Even Rob Lowe may be awestruck by Mr. Murphy's appearance!

I am. I keep looking at recent pictures of him, just to ogle. I mean, I think he's always been VERY handsome, but he has definitely gotten better with age. 

• Love 2
(edited)

All this talk of WKRP gets me to thinking of the guilty pleasure I had re Dr. Johnny Fever (Howard Hesseman). Yeah, while they kept trying to promote Andy Travis (Gary Sandy) as the heartthrob via having him always in very tight pants, I couldn't help but be enthralled by Dr. Johnny even in his perennial old jeans, shades, loose shirts! It seemed as though they were trying to camoflage his awesomeness via all that! The episode in which he played baseball in t-shirt , cut-off shorts and sandals showed he was actually quite physically fit . Believe it or not, off the set, Howard Hesseman was quite a natty dresser AND he is actually a few months OLDER than the seemingly middleaged nerdy Les Nessman (Richard Sanders). Oh, even though he's now white-haired instead of dirty blond, he's still quite . . .distinguished despite having just turned 80!

Edited by Blergh
l for k
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Blergh said:

All this talk of WKRP gets me to thinking of the guilty pleasure I had re Dr. Johnny Fever (Howard Hesseman). Yeah, while they kept trying to promote Andy Travis (Gary Sandy) as the heartthrob via having him always in very tight pants, I couldn't help but be enthralled by Dr. Johnny even in his perennial old jeans, shades, loose shirts! It seemed as though they were trying to camoflage his awesomeness via all that! The episode in which he played baseball in t-shirt , cut-off shorts and sandals showed he was actually quite physically fit . Believe it or not, off the set, Howard Hesseman was quite a natty dresser AND he is actually a few months OLDER than the seemingly middleaged nerdy Les Nessman (Richard Sanders). Oh, even though he's now white-haired instead of dirty blond, he's still quite . . .distinguished despite having just turned 80!

I was right there with you on the Johnny Fever crush!

We just started watching Prodigal Son and, dear God, I could look at Tom Payne's eyes all day.  And when he gets that sincere look on his face when something charms him?  I could melt.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 3/1/2020 at 11:00 AM, Blergh said:

Heh, then you must have had screaming thigh sweats when he played Sam Royer on One Day at a Time....there were a few times he was bare chested.

Yeah, I've always found him sexy too.

Was looking at Crime Story (remember that back in the 80's?!) and was commenting on how hot I found the late, great Dennis Farina.  He played tough cop Mike Torello and he was a former Chi-town cop.  Plus, he had that sexy old school Italian swagger, like Ray Liotta has now.

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Was looking at Crime Story (remember that back in the 80's?!) and was commenting on how hot I found the late, great Dennis Farina.  He played tough cop Mike Torello and he was a former Chi-town cop.  Plus, he had that sexy old school Italian swagger, like Ray Liotta has now.

And Farina was always SO dapper. His clothes and grooming were impeccable. I also found him very attractive. I think I first saw him in the movie "Manhunter" with William Petersen...another crush of mine, especially when he was on "CSI". 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Heh, then you must have had screaming thigh sweats when he played Sam Royer on One Day at a Time....there were a few times he was bare chested.

Yeah, I've always found him sexy too.

OK, but alas Sam Royer was barely a shadow of Dr. Johnny Fever's intensity- and I couldn't help but laugh at how his son Mark (Boyd Gaines) seemed so bland compared to his father, it would have been more believable for Tarzan to have sired Little Lord Fauntleroy!  It sure seemed Mr. Hesseman viewed this as a steady paycheck and nothing more but seemed far more invested in his role as  the rebellious teacher Mr. Charlie Moore in Head of the Class .

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Blergh said:

OK, but alas Sam Royer was barely a shadow of Dr. Johnny Fever's intensity- and I couldn't help but laugh at how his son Mark (Boyd Gaines) seemed so bland compared to his father, it would have been more believable for Tarzan to have sired Little Lord Fauntleroy! 

Aw, I loved Sam!  He never hesitated to call Ann out on her shit and was the only one to make Schneider knock instead of barging in.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Aw, I loved Sam!  He never hesitated to call Ann out on her shit and was the only one to make Schneider knock instead of barging in.

Good points that it was about time someone came along to call out Ann and, especially, to insist that Schneider at the very least KNOCK instead of barge in.

Even with the above said, IMO Sam still seemed like someone who'd have run from Dr. Johnny Fever  and Mr. Charlie Moore had he seen them in the street! 

• Love 1

Lee Norris- who started on network television as the kid brother Chuckie Lee in The Torkelsons and Almost Home before being featured as the  bespeckled intellectual nerd, teacher's pet, punching bag  Stuart Minkus on Boy Meets World. After that, (here's where the crush started)  he wound up playing 'Mouth' McFadden on One Tree Hill going from outsider geek to heartthob . Then    finally coming full circle on Girl Meets World playing Stuart Minkus (again)-  having had the Ultimate Revenge of the Nerd. This  time as a slightly nerdy zillionaire genius but downright handsome man who aged the best of the BMW alums to the point of  not only being taller than his former nemeses Shawn and Cory whom he befriended but also winding up looking as though he was his son Farkle's collegian brother instead of being old enough to have been the teen's father (and no longer wore glasses). At this point, he's no longer a series regular but Mr. Norris  has had steady performing work including in an upcoming Tom Hanks movie Greyhound! Yeah, he's by no means a musclebound giant but it's somewhat satisfying to see how he's come into his own as becoming better looking than one would have expected in his early adolescence- and appears to have an extended time before middle age actually catches up with him. 

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, bmoore4026 said:

Just curious but do cartoon characters count?

More than one teen has been guided through puberty by the likes of He Man, Betty Boop and Jessica Rabbit,etc.  so why not? 

• Love 3
On 4/18/2020 at 6:09 PM, Blergh said:

More than one teen has been guided through puberty by the likes of He Man, Betty Boop and Jessica Rabbit,etc.  so why not? 

Heh. I had a huge crush on Lion-O and Tygra from The Thundercats. Mercifully, I grew out of it by the fourth grade.

Edited by Camille
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 4/20/2020 at 12:04 PM, Camille said:

Heh. I had a huge crush on Lion-O and Tygra from The Thundercats. Mercifully, I grew out of it by the fourth grade.

That’s ok.  I luuurved Speed Racer when I was a little girl.

• Love 1