Type keyword(s) to search

I Heart You: TV Star Crushes

• Start Topic

I wish she'd stop calling him "pizza man" though. I don't know why, but that bothers me, like she's making fun of his Italian heritage. I know she doesn't mean to do that, but still.

Yeah, I'm not sure how that started-when I discovered this channel, it was already in its second season. I'm also not a fan, unless he brought her pizza on their first date? Even if that was the case, not a fan. But aside from that, I adored their relationship.

The Pizza Man Always Delivers.  It's a reference to the quality of their sex life.

In the pilot they were clearly antagonists and professional adversaries.  It's not until the final scene that Joyce (in bathrobe and freshly washed hair) unburdens herself of her day talking to the unseen man in her bed.  At the end, we see that that man is Frank.

They successfully kept that relationship secret for at least a couple of seasons.

Edited by kassygreene
  • Love 4

I never gave Dax Shephard a thought, at least not as crush-worthy.  Nada, even though I would occasionally watch Parenthood.  Then over the weekend I saw a video he and his wife posted a few days ago, taken during a trip to Africa.

Toto, lip syncing, hippos and giraffes ... And I got jealous of Kristen Bell.

• Love 3

Toto, lip syncing, hippos and giraffes ... And I got jealous of Kristen Bell.

Could it be because he actually took a bath? On Parenthood he always looked greasy and unwashed. But he also bulked up and is a pretty good dancer, which is always sexy. I love that he could do the Running Man and Kristen couldn't. (She couldn't do it on 'House of Lies' either, now that I think about it). 

Is it possible to have a couple crush? Because I crush that couple--they're so cute together and really seem to get along--which means nothing, of course. I hope they stay together.

• Love 5

I wonder if the Tom Cavanaugh and dimples fans out there would like young Norm MacDonald.  I just rewatched Screwed (2000) and he was such a handsome, handsome, handsome man at that time.  His gorgeous eyes and smile, I think he's dreamy.

Trevor Noah and John Oliver's dimples are absolutely killer.  Paying attention to what Trevor's saying is kind of hard.  It's so lilty and sweet and his face is so cute.  John's dimples kind of sliced through my heart.  Every time he would dance to "Danger" by Mystikal, I just......... Sigh.

Andy Samberg makes me swoon.   A young Andy Samberg and a young Jimmy Fallon auditioning for SNL make me feel naughty!  And if you're not turned on by John Oliver dancing to "Danger", then I'm jealous of your self-control.

sn.png

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
Oh yeah. I started binge watching Chuck over the holidays which lead me to watching some of his Nerd HQ panels. Gorgeous guy with an incredible heart (which makes him even more gorgeous). Definitely someone who looks much more handsome that he is a bit older.

I started crushing on Zachary Levi by about episode 5 of Chuck.  Did a few YouTube searches and hearing him sing sealed the deal.  He's about to open on Broadway with Laura Benanti and Jane Krakowski in She Loves Me (nope, never heard of it) so it could be a while before he's on TV again.  If it's successful, that is.  

Is it possible to have a couple crush? Because I crush that couple--they're so cute together and really seem to get along--which means nothing, of course. I hope they stay together.

Definitely.  They're adorable.

• Love 2

I wonder if the Tom Cavanaugh and dimples fans out there would like young Norm MacDonald. I just rewatched Screwed (2000) and he was such a handsome, handsome, handsome man at that time. His gorgeous eyes and smile, I think he's dreamy.

Trevor Noah and John Oliver's dimples are absolutely killer. Paying attention to what Trevor's saying is kind of hard. It's so lilty and sweet and his face is so cute. John's dimples kind of sliced through my heart. Every time he would dance to "Danger" by Mystikal,

Dimples are the greatest, most adorable facial feature of all time (IMO, of course). Dimples are even cute on people I don't find attractive! Definitely explains my mild crush on Jason Sudeikis, who isn't ugly by any means, but generally does nothing for me...until he smiles

• Love 2

Yeah I love Norm MacDonald. So cute. (I watched his show. And loved it.)

My longstanding crush on Gillian Anderson is back with a vengeance since the X-files has come back. Yes I watched The Fall and Hannibal but the blond hair just isn't as good as the red.

Edited by festivus
  • Love 1
Trevor Noah and John Oliver's dimples are absolutely killer

Totally agree. The dimples make it, but both are funny adorable guys!

Tom Ellis - who stars on Lucifer. Very Tall, slender, with scruff and utterly charming. Why don't any of these men exist here? *lesigh*

• Love 4

Totally agree. The dimples make it, but both are funny adorable guys!

Tom Ellis - who stars on Lucifer. Very Tall, slender, with scruff and utterly charming. Why don't any of these men exist here? *lesigh*

Tom Ellis is so hot he's painful for me to look at. He starts talking and being all charming and whatnot, and I can't even breathe.

• Love 4

My crush on Hayley Atwell first manifested on AMC's terrible Prisoner remake, but man, this season of Agent Carter has just made it near all consuming. The period clothes for her this year just fit her (in every sense of the word) really, really well.

• Love 5

My crush on Hayley Atwell first manifested on AMC's terrible Prisoner remake, but man, this season of Agent Carter has just made it near all consuming. The period clothes for her this year just fit her (in every sense of the word) really, really well.

I've always envied women who can carry off that deep lipstick without looking clownish and she rocks the period clothes. 

• Love 2

I want to share my huge crush on Marie Avgeropoulos and Alycia Debnam-Carey. The play Octavia and Lexa respectively on The 100 and are just rocking my world with their kick-ass brand of sexiness, even though the characterization is a little uneven (especially in Octavia's case - her backstory is one of the most implausible silly things I've ever seen on TV). And they wear war-paint like nobody's business. If it weren't for my crush on Octavia I might not have gotten to the good parts of the show at all because the first half a dozen episode weren't very good. 

Needless to say, Octavia/Lexa is my crack ship.

I've been watching Grace and Frankie, and, wow, is Jane Fonda beautiful.  This is not new, of course, but I haven't seen her in a while. (Yes, I know she has the help of a damn good plastic surgeon.)

• Love 1

I've been watching Grace and Frankie, and, wow, is Jane Fonda beautiful. This is not new, of course, but I haven't seen her in a while. (Yes, I know she has the help of a damn good plastic surgeon.)

I have a girl crush on Diane Keaton that's hung in since the 70s.

Jane Fonda and Diane Sawyer make me embarrassed to be about their same age. They're both so elegant and put together. I could have eaten less as I got older, exercised more, continued to wear makeup, not let my hair go gray or chopped it old-lady short. I could even have had cosmetic surgery. I did none of those things and now look older than either of them even thought I'm younger.

On the opposite side of the coin, whenever I see a celebrity who allowed him- or herself to expand and have wrinkles and saggy eyes and aged skin, it's kind of shocking to me. It's okay for me to let myself go, but movie stars? Never!

• Love 1

I've been watching Grace and Frankie, and, wow, is Jane Fonda beautiful.  This is not new, of course, but I haven't seen her in a while. (Yes, I know she has the help of a damn good plastic surgeon.)

I didn't care much for the show, and stopped watching, but I thought Lily Tomlin looked lovely, with her long hair and blue eyes. Jane looked very "worked on."

Yes, I find Lily Tomlin lovely, too, in fact more so now than I did 30 years ago.  But Jane is the one who jumps out at me; she has such a polished, put-together, classy but not stuffy look to her that I find appealing despite being less classic and tailored in my own look.  And while I do think the work she's had done is obvious, I also think it's very well done and she looks like herself.

• Love 3

I have kind of a thing for J. K. Simmons..I can't quite figure out what it is though

I can see that. In Whiplash, his body and posture were very sinewy and slinky-sexy. He carries himself completely differently in the commercials, though.

• Love 2

He is funny and of course like Jessica Rabbit  I like a man who makes me laugh.  One of the scariest aspects of his performance as the terrifying Schillinger on Oz was that he just seemed so damned likeable - and he was playing this horrible sadistic Nazi white supremacist!

• Love 2

He is funny and of course like Jessica Rabbit I like a man who makes me laugh. One of the scariest aspects of his performance as the terrifying Schillinger on Oz was that he just seemed so damned likeable - and he was playing this horrible sadistic Nazi white supremacist!

Yeah, now and then you would forget momentarily that he was a complete scumbag lol. The man oozes charisma

I know, Jack Falahee is getting most of the "sexy guy" accolades on HTGAWM, but Alfred Enoch is one special brand of attractiveness. Just how can one person be so beautiful?

Reading through this thread, nosleepforme, you and I must have the exact same taste.  Have you ever watched those interviews of Alfred being himself, which is, incredibly relaxed, smiley, and oh-so-British?

Oh dear

Oh dearie me

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

Billy Brown as Nate on How to Get Away with Murder..... is a God.

Sterling K. Brown as Christopher Darden in American Crime Story: The People vs. O.J. Simpson is just breaking everyone's hearts.  He's absolutely crushing the performance, but also, ... he is a dreamboat.

I'm also in love with Rami Malek as Mr. Robot.  And Billy Eichner.  He posts some really dreamy photos of himself on Instagram.

House of Cards Season 4 has started, which reminds me that Remy on that show is my boyfriend.  

I'm very attracted to Joelle Fletcher from The Bachelor.  Same with Alexandra Park from The Royals.  And Ilana Glazer.  I've never seen teeth like that before!

I could go on forever so I'm going to pry myself away for now.

• Love 1

Billy Brown and Sterling K. Brown.  Yes

Also, while I'm still not completely sold on Underground, I do love looking at Aldis Hodge.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 3

Billy Brown as Nate on How to Get Away with Murder..... is a God.

The only reason the website Go Fug Yourself keeps recapping How to Get Away with Murder is because of Billy Brown's abs. They started the most recent recap with a picture of them and *SWOON*

• Love 1

I'm also in love with Rami Malek as Mr. Robot.  And Billy Eichner.  He posts some really dreamy photos of himself on Instagram.

Billy Eichner posts pics that make me swoon, even though I know he doesn't like me like that!

• Love 1

As hot as Nyle DiMarco was on America's Next Top Model, he's even hotter on Dancing With the Stars,  as proven by his smoking-hot Cha-Cha with his partner Peta Murgatroyd. For someone with no dance training/experience and being 100% deaf to do as well as he did on the first night is phenomenal. Of course, Nyle's hotness doesn't hurt. If Nyle keeps improving, I predict that he'll not only make the finals, he'll actually win.  

• Love 3

I literally just watched that video yesterday! Since Grease Live! is on Netflix I can watch and rewatch Aaron all I want.  He's so crushworthy. I couldn't keep my eyes off him in Les Miserables.

Another good one to watch:

Sterling K. Brown as Christopher Darden in American Crime Story: The People vs. O.J. Simpson is just breaking everyone's hearts.  He's absolutely crushing the performance, but also, ... he is a dreamboat.

I didn't watch the show, but based on your comments, I just might go back and watch it.

If you're a podcast listener, Sterling is the most recent guest on Denzel Washington is the Greatest Actor of All Time, Period. In addition to being handsome, he's a funny, humble, and smart guy.

Here's the link: http://www.earwolf.com/show/denzel-washington/

• Love 1

topanga, it is my favourite show of the year so far.  Will be interesting to see if anything will beat it.  The first 3 episodes annoyed me with the Kim Kardashian stuff, but if you push through it, you will be very much rewarded.  I anticipate that it's going to be very much talked about during award season.  Reviews have been good, and a lot of people talking about the show in general, in positive terms.  So far the only complaints I see are a couple of casting decisions -- a lot of people don't like Cuba as OJ, but it seems kinda split.  

And if anyone enjoys ships, the Marcia Clark/Chris Darden stuff is sooooooo shippalicious.  LOL

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

That's SO cute! And I love Hiddleston's shoutout to The Lion King right at the end. 

His portrayal of Prince Hal / Henry V in The Hollow Crown series on PBS was excellent, and he's very easy on the eyes. Thanks for the link!

• Love 1

Tom Hiddleston's an interesting one for me. I don't think he's ugly but I don't think he's drop dead gorgeous either. But he's so charming and adorable in his interviews, he really has a wide range of skills (his impressions and dancing are so much fun), and he puts so much heart into the characters he plays that it's really what's outside of his looks that makes him so attractive to me. And moreso than the actors who I think are more typically good looking.

• Love 5

I totally agree with all who find Hiddleston charming and agree that he is not ugly but his charm makes him irresistible. I find Richard Armitage to be a handsomer version of Hiddleston, but Armitage's has not taken off in America like Hiddleston's has.

On 5/19/2016 at 0:08 PM, DollEyes said:

Bumping it up to add this adorable clip from The Late Late Show With James Corden featuring Corden, Silicon Valley star Thomas Middletich, animal expert Jack Hanna and Tom Hiddleston, star of the AMC miniseries The Night Manager with several baby animals:

The animals are cute, the actors are cute, but I can't stand Jack Hanna and his faux idiocy. I always feel like his whole schtick is stressing out the animals.   Bring back Julie Scardina.

• Love 1

Gary Cole has always been one of those men who I have found attractive. I am so glad that he has a recurring role on one of my favorite shows (Veep) so I can see him on a regular basis.

• Love 3
On 6/17/2016 at 1:37 PM, Ohwell said:

I never thought much about Wilmer Valderrama being attractive, but I don't know if he's lost weight or what, but damn does he look good now.

I always thought he was cute, but he never got the leading roles that displayed it

Watching a Law & Order: SVU marathon, and falling in love all over again with Elliot Stabler. Chris Meloni, in addition to being fine, really sells the character's intensity juxtaposed   with his softer, compassionate side 

• Love 1