Type keyword(s) to search

I Heart You: TV Star Crushes

• Start Topic

D'OH! I can't believe I forgot to mention Sam Heughan! Aye that Sam of Outlander fame. YUM.

And double D'OH! Because I did watch this show, and now that it's airing on Cozi, I've smacked myself in the head for not remembering:

Scott Bakula. Absolutely ADORABLE, cute, sexy in Quantum Leap. Such an underrated actor. And the man still looks DAYUM good. 

I'm showing my age, but Valerie Bertinelli, one day at a time, and beyond. Lock the thread, no more calls, we have a winner.  >drops mic, walks away<

Hello meet me. If I had a dollar for every time someone told me I looked exactly like Valerie Bertinelli, I'd have....well quite a few dollars. Starting with the One Day at a Time era. I also recently lost a boatload of weight I'd gained in my forties just like Valerie, although I definitely did not use Nutrisystem.

• Love 1

Hello meet me. If I had a dollar for every time someone told me I looked exactly like Valerie Bertinelli, I'd have....well quite a few dollars. Starting with the One Day at a Time era. I also recently lost a boatload of weight I'd gained in my forties just like Valerie, although I definitely did not use Nutrisystem.

Ah, but have you ever hung out in Indy with Schneider, lived in Cleveland with Betty White, or hooked up with a rock star?

• Love 2

I posted to this thread many moons ago so forgive me if I repeat myself.

I am adding Andrew Lincoln, Alphonso Mackenzie, Stephen Dillane, and that guy who I originally came here to post about (lol). When I think of who that was, I will be back.

• Love 3

And Wilson Bethel.

Me too. And Charles Michael Davis. I pretty much started watched The Originals because of the promo ads showing him.

But I think right now my biggest crush is Daniel Gillies. Even his weird hobo hippie beard in Broken Kingdom hasn't killed it. I think maybe the only person who has a bigger crush on him than me right now is Paul Wesley.

• Love 1

This might seem odd to everyone given the type of character he's playing, but Milo Ventimiglia with that beard and long hair and that build that we were lucky enough to see in the shower scene last week is really working for me. 

• Love 2

Just finished binge-watching Daredevil, and I gotta say, Charlie Cox has one of the most beautiful smiles I've ever seen. It's the kind that starts slowly, then just bursts across the face. Too bad Matt Murdoch is so darn serious. Oh, well, at least he got to put his smile to good use in The Theory of Everything.

• Love 4

Just finished binge-watching Daredevil, and I gotta say, Charlie Cox has one of the most beautiful smiles I've ever seen. It's the kind that starts slowly, then just bursts across the face. Too bad Matt Murdoch is so darn serious. Oh, well, at least he got to put his smile to good use in The Theory of Everything.

The only thing I hate is that they clearly made him wax off his glorious chest hair. 

• Love 3
Scott Bakula. Absolutely ADORABLE, cute, sexy in Quantum Leap. Such an underrated actor. And the man still looks DAYUM good.

YES. Loved him in QL. I also have to second the love for Andrew Lincoln, particularly when he's scruffy.

And I've had a crush on Kenny Johnson since he was on The Shield. Dang.

• Love 1

I have just immersed myself in three seasons on Strike Back (Cinemax) and I had a major crush on Phillip Winchester who plays Stonebridge.  Actually I have a major crush on his arms.  That man has the best, most cut, most ripped arms. 

• Love 2

And I've had a crush on Kenny Johnson since he was on The Shield. Dang.

I liked him opposite Holly Hunter on Saving Grace, but I hate his character on A&E's Bates Motel.

My first TV crushes were Mike Nesmith on The Monkees, Randy Mantooth on Emergency!, and Rick Springfield on the first episode of the original Battlestar Gallactica. (Yes, I have a type.)

• Love 1

I haven't even seen a full episode of the show yet ( but just possibly spotted it on PBS and set it up to tape...) but anyway, Aidan Turner from an English show called Poldark. Just gorgeous. Haven't seen GoT either, but Kit Harrington too. And both of them have a very similar look: both have the longish dark curly hair and scruff that look amazing on them. Like editorgrrl, I definitely have a type.

• Love 5

Aidan (with an "a") Turner was great on the original Being Human.

Yeah, didn't even know he was on that show (again, because I never watched it). And fixed my spelling mistake on his name, because that is just wrong (and I hate spelling mistakes). *grin*. Thanks, editorgrrl!!

Nesmith was/is awesome, but I always preferred Peter Tork on the show. The hair and dimple, you see.

• Love 2

I'm usually not a spelling noodge, but there's a whole nother actor named Aiden Turner. (Aidan's doing a Cornish accent on Poldark?! I thought it was Welsh at first.)

My first PBS crush was Jeremy Irons on Brideshead Revisited. Unlike The Monkees, I never had a favorite Python.

• Love 1
(edited)

If the trailer for Magic Mike XXL is any indication, then Matt Bomer, late of White Collar, is looking better than ever, if that's possible.  His co-stars, CSI: Miami's Adam Rodriguez, Community's  Donald Glover, True Blood's Joe Mangianello and So You Think You Can Dance 's Stephen "tWitch" Boss are nothing to sneeze at, either.

There's also a big, older, Viking-looking dude in Magic Mike XXL who's also hot.

That's Kevin Nash, an ex-professional wrestler.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 5

Since it's his birthday today, gotta mention Iain Glen from Game of Thrones. Not one of the younger, prettier ones on the show but he looks amazing for 54 and has a voice to die for. Plus he does most of his own fighting on the show, which is pretty cool (and nice to watch...for reasons). 

Speaking of Game of Thrones, also Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. What a great jaw (though I do miss the longer hair).

With True Detective starting up again, Colin Farrell can go from movie crush to TV crush for a few weeks now. Though I miss the Irish accent and I could do without the mustache (but it looks like I'll be treated to a mustache free Colin in flashbacks, so I have that going for me).

Josh Hartnett on Penny Dreadful. Far more attractive to me now than when he was big in Hollywood. 

I agree with everyone on Aidan Turner. 

Andrew Lincoln from The Walking Dead, especially since he shaved his beard...and I'll add Norman Reedus once he gets rid of that animal that died on his head. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Since it's his birthday today, gotta mention Iain Glen from Game of Thrones. Not one of the younger, prettier ones on the show but he looks amazing for 54 and has a voice to die for. Plus he does most of his own fighting on the show, which is pretty cool (and nice to watch...for reasons). 

With True Detective starting up again, Colin Farrell can go from movie crush to TV crush for a few weeks now. Though I miss the Irish accent and I could do without the mustache (but it looks like I'll be treated to a mustache free Colin in flashbacks, so I have that going for me).

Andrew Lincoln from The Walking Dead, especially since he shaved his beard...and I'll add Norman Reedus once he gets rid of that animal that died on his head. 

I think that it may have been Iain Glen that I meant to add to my list many moons ago. I am sure that I want to add him but not sure if he was the person whom I was thinking of then.

And yessss to Colin Farrell.

We all know how I feel about Andrew Lincoln.

Edited by Enigma X
  • Love 2

I have the weirdest love/hate for Colin Farrell. On the one hand, something about him repulses me. On the other hand, every time I watch him on screen, I start lusting about five minutes in. I don't know what the hell is going on.

• Love 3
(edited)

Yet another favorite TV crush of mine is Dwayne Johnson, aka "The Rock," late of the WWE and currently on Ballers, the HBO sports-based comedy about an ex-professional football player-turned-business manager. I don't usually go for the muscle-bound types, but Dwayne is so charismatic, smart, funny, humble, charming, talented and sexy that I find him completely irresistible.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 7

I have the weirdest love/hate for Colin Farrell. On the one hand, something about him repulses me. On the other hand, every time I watch him on screen, I start lusting about five minutes in. I don't know what the hell is going on.

Me, too.  I can never figure out why I'm so attracted to a man who tends to look so unkempt.  I'd say it was the accent, but I'm attracted to him even when he's doing an American accent!

• Love 1
(edited)
Yet another favorite TV crush of mine is Dwayne Johnson, aka "The Rock," late of the WWE and currently on Ballers, the HBO sports-based comedy about an ex-professional football player-turned-business manager. I don't usually go for the muscle-bound types, but Dwayne is so charismatic, smart, funny, humble, charming, talented and sexy that I find him completely irresistible.

Same here.  I don't usually go for muscle-bound types.  I usually don't like the shaved head look either.  (If you're a guy and losing your hair, a nice, close haircut will do just fine.)  But he is charming and funny.  Last episode he had on a fitted grey sweater and grey pants and I couldn't take my eyes off him. 

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 1

I was like that 5 years ago when I watched In Bruges. I wasn't into him when he was at his most popular 10 years ago so I was legit confused when I watched that movie and suddenly started finding him attractive. My reasoning is that he pulls off the sobriety look very well. I also listened to a couple of his talk show appearances where he talked about how happy he is now that he's sober and how much he appreciates life and that made me love him even more. I love a good "addicted turned sober" story when it goes well, since so many don't. Especially when the actor has a lot of potential (as In Bruges showed). So now I route for him to do well in his career and continue to find him gorgeous, despite the random periods of horrible haircuts. For some reason he often has terrible haircuts (why, Colin?).

• Love 2

Well...there are so many I could name, but I'll just for now start with my first-ever TV crush... Shaun Cassidy in the Hardy Boys. Oh my did I love him way back when. And I remember saving up my money so I could buy his debut album as well... first album I ever bought and more than 35 years later, I still have it!

For me I had a crush on Parker. He's 1,000x more handsome than Shaun IMHO.

Then again, I always did buck the trend: Parker over Shaun, Richard Hatch over Dirk Benedict, Tom Wopat over John Schneider, Oates over Hall, and David Soul over Paul -Sex on Toast -Michael Glaser.

• Love 1

OMG YES!

He's the heir to James Earl Jones & Morgan Freeman, vocally.

• Love 2

There's also a big, older, Viking-looking dude in Magic Mike XXL who's also hot.  I can't wait to see this movie!  I'll be drooling in my popcorn.

I already have tickets!!  Can't go until next weekend but the same friend with whom I saw the first 'Magic Mike' is going with me.  She turned me on to Joe Mangianello (I'd never seen him before the movie) and I'm eternally grateful :)

Then again, I always did buck the trend: Parker over Shaun, Richard Hatch over Dirk Benedict, Tom Wopat over John Schneider, Oates over Hall, and David Soul over Paul -Sex on Toast -Michael Glaser.

I love this even though I have to take Hall over Oates.  Damn, there are things I'd do to Daryl Hall that would hopefully rock his world.  I agree about David Soul and still have his 45 of "Don't Give Up On Us" in my vinyl stash, plus Paul Michael Glaser will always be Perchik from "Fiddler On the Roof" to me so I never saw him as a TV sex symbol.

• Love 1
(edited)

Bumping it up with a couple of Food Network crushes. First is Emanuel Delacour, a French chef/personal trailer who competed in the "Scoop's On" ice-cream themed episode of Chopped about a month ago. Another hottie is Eddie Jackson, an ex-NFL player who's one of the contestants on this season's Food Network Star. That show and "Scoop's On" are still On Demand, so you can see their hotness for yourself and hit "Rewind" as much as you want- for culinary-based reasons, of course.

Edited by DollEyes

Josh Charles (since Sports Night) - he just has a loveable goofiness to him. Have watched most of seasons 1-3 of The Good Wife, mostly for him (And Christine Baranski).

Niall Matter - I watched seasons 1-5 of Eureka in a matter of 2 months. He is such a sexy guy, without looking completely unattainable. Loved him in Primeval: New World as well.

Colin Ferguson - Such great comedic timing. And his online interviews are hilarious. Have seen a bit of his work prior to my Eureka binge, but now I'm actively searching out his roles.

Michael Shanks - Daniel Jackson will forever be my TV boyfriend. And he looks like a pretty fun guy - from what I've seen in convention footage.

Ben Browder - Still need to get around to finishing Farscape, but adored him in SG1

Jamie Bamber - Hot, sexy accent, speaks French and from what I've heard is extremely smart. All positives in my book.

Zachary Levi - Adorkable. Beautiful voice. Seems like a guy you can have great conversations with.

Hope he still counts, as I've crushed on him since his Everwood days - Chris Pratt - Sexy but not overly so. Extemely funny and seems to have a great sense of self.

Scott Porter - whilst everyone was going crazy over Taylor Kitsch on FNL (which I can understand, as he is sex on a stick), I was crushing like mad on the nerd that is Scott Porter. He is such a carefree nerd, and doesn't mind if the whole world knows it.

Shawn Wayans - loved his schtick in the early 2000's.

Jesse L Martin - Sexy daddy! Love his manner of speaking. Very authorative.

Tom Cavenagh - Think I mentioned it elsewhere, but have had a crush on him since a guest role on The Sentinel in the mid 90's. Adored him in Ed as well.

Noah Wyle - My first doctor crush. So adorable in early seasons of ER and he's grown into a sexy man as well! Love the scruff!

Last but definitely not least Kyle Chandler - love his voice, and hair, and mannerisms.... Everything is crush worthy.

• Love 3
(edited)

Last but definitely not least Kyle Chandler - love his voice, and hair, and mannerisms.... Everything is crush worthy.

Kyle looks amazing. I remember watching him on that show from '90s, the one about the magical newspaper. Very yummy. Speaking of magical shows, I used to watch Mysterious Ways because Adrian Pasdar was adorable. It's a shame he's been typecast as a villain or a macho heavy because he was so cute and funny back then

Edited by AstaCharles
  • Love 1

Hope he still counts, since I've crushed on him since his Everwood days-Chris Pratt-Sexy but not overly so. Extemely funny and seems to have a great sense of self.

If they have/had a TV show-and CP's had two- they count.

A seemingly unlikely pick for this thread is Ray Donovan star Liev Schrieber.  He's not conventionally handsome, but he's very charismatic and has one of the sexiest voices I've ever heard.

Speaking of sexy, I would also like to add Michael Strahan-yes, that Michael Strahan-to the list. I've always thought he was cute, but I never thought he was sexy until I saw him in Magic Mike XXL.  I can describe his performance in just one word: DAAAAYYYYMMMM!!

• Love 4

A seemingly unlikely pick for this thread is Ray Donovan star Liev Schrieber. He's not conventionally handsome, but he's very charismatic and has one of the sexiest voices I've ever heard

Ooh, on the contrary, I think he's adorable! Great eyes...nice smile

• Love 3

I like Liev's look and agree about his voice.  He does a lot of wonderful narration work.

Not sure if he's done much TV but I think Adrien Brody is very good looking, certainly not in a traditional sense but I've always had a thing for quirky looking guys (please don't tell my boyfriend that!).

• Love 5