Type keyword(s) to search

I Heart You: TV Star Crushes

• Start Topic

I was watching the mini-marathon of Cold Case last night as I do every Wednesday night - thank you, ION Television - and realized what a crush I have on Danny Pino.  I think because I originally came to the series late, during episodes in which his character annoys me a lot, I never really thought about how attractive I find the actor despite the character's antics.  But watching earlier episodes, with a likeable Scotty ... hoo boy.

• Love 7

I would also like to add Simon Baker from the Mentalist and Curtis Stone from Top Chef and other shows he's been on as a guest judge/star etc. I hope reality shows count as well lol. Good looking Aussie men.

I have an on/off one with Scott Caan from Hawaii Five-O. I also has a crush on Kerr Smith from Dawson's Creek, he was so adorable, he still is to me. 

My current TV crush is Charles Dance--Tywin Lannister.  He looks like he could show a girl a good time, but wouldn't necessarily care if he did or not.

My Now and Forever crush:  Richard Armitage {BBC's Robin Hood.  He played Guy Gisbourne}.  I''m getting lightheaded just thinking about him.......................

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 2

My first TV crush was Peter Tork on The Monkees.  I still have it too.

Love it. Yeah, I always thought he was adorable when I was a youngin' - LOVED the hair, especially season 2 of the show. He was my favourite Monkee.

True hippy goodness, quite intelligent and musically brilliant too. It's too bad the negative Monkees reputation forever followed him (and the others) after that - he deserved much much better.

• Love 4

My first TV crush was Peter Tork on The Monkees.  I still have it too.

Love it. Yeah, I always thought he was adorable when I was a youngin' - LOVED the hair, especially season 2 of the show. He was my favourite Monkee.

True hippy goodness, quite intelligent and musically brilliant too. It's too bad the negative Monkees reputation forever followed him (and the others) after that - he deserved much much better.

I have a good friend (a retired history professor) who's been friends with Peter Tork since they were small boys. They keep in regular touch. Sadly, my friend hasn't delivered on my request for a meeting yet. He's the Monkee with the real musical talent, you know!

• Love 3

The only one who seemed to escape it was Michael Nesmith. But I suppose it's easier to remain pure when you've got that sweet, sweet Liquid Paper money.

• Love 3

The only one who seemed to escape it was Michael Nesmith. But I suppose it's easier to remain pure when you've got that sweet, sweet Liquid Paper money.

I think even Nesmiith was affected by it. He did okay for a while, but kinda disappeared after the early 80's. He got the Liquid Paper fortune in 1980.

It's amazing to think that one of Nesmith's projects directly led to MTV. He came up with Popclips which in about a year plus, became MTV.

Portia - you need to get your good friend to convince Tork to write his biography. From the little I've read (assuming it's true), he had a hell of a time in the 60s and not so much a good time in the 70's and 80's. That's cool that your friend is childhood buddies - awesome.

And yes, I may know too much about the Monkees. If there was ever a documentary created that would tell it like is was, no holds barred and no sugar-coating it, it would be fascinating.

• Love 4

My first TV crush was on Liberace. I was very young and had no gaydar at all. I thought he was very handsome, and sweet and polite and smiley.

Masterpiece Theater in the 1970's introduced me to some terrific British talent. Neither was gorgeous, but I adored Derek Jacobi and John Hurt in I, Claudius. I went to see Alien largely because Hurt was in it, and I was really upset when...you know. I still find his voice very sexy. On the eye-candy side, Robin Ellis in Poldark was glorious.

I found Terence Knox the best-looking of the original St. Elsewhere cast. Too bad his character turned into a total asshole and rapist. 

Nowadays, I like Vincent Kartheiser on Mad Men. No matter how hard they try to ugly him up, they can't hide his beautiful blue eyes. Have a look at him here: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/67587093.html

I'd really love that silver fox John Slattery if it weren't for his character's annoying sexism.

• Love 1

So, Hyacinth B and Jeebus Cripes - I'll be seeing you in the Legends forum?

I gave it a couple of weeks, but as hot as the Beanster is, I just can't get into the story. Gritty cop/crime/spy shows just ain't my cuppa. I may tune in once in a while for the eye candy though.

• Love 1

There's no judging here, right?

Men

Adrian Zmed

Lorenzo Lamas

Ricardo Montalbaan

Scott Baio

Arsenio Hall

Must second/third/or otherwise endorse the aforementioned Matthew Grey Gubler, Billy Warlock, Vincent D'Onofrio, Dean Winters and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje

Women

Nancy McKeon

Amanda Donohoe

Paget Brewster (on Criminal Minds)

Rosalyn Sanchez

Jaclyn Smith

Laila Ali

Cat Cora

I have got to update my crush list - or stop watching reality cooking shows, which really don't offer much in terms of teevee crushing. I need a more active fantasy life like I had in my teens!

• Love 2

I think my original tv crush was David Birney on Love is a Many Splendored Thing, which was a 60's soap opera. He was married to Donna Mills on the show. I have had many crushes since then. One of the reasons I loved Lost so much was because of all the good looking men. Daniel Dae Kim and Henry Ian Cusick? Yes, please.

My current tv crush is Tristan MacManus, who sadly is no longer on Dancing with the Stars but will appear this season on the British version.

Edited by avecsans
  • Love 4

My Now and Forever crush:  Richard Armitage {BBC's Robin Hood.  He played Guy Gisbourne}.  I''m getting lightheaded just thinking about him.......................

Loved him in North & South.  He does intense broodiness so well.

Another Brit that I love: Rupert Penry-Jones.  He is so swoon worthy as Captain Wentworth in Persuasion.

I also have a crush on Tom Hiddleston, because I just love his personality.  He seems so fun in all the interviews that I've seen!  Same goes for Gerard Butler, he is hilarious.  He totally comes off as a man whore, but you know he'd show you a good time. ;)

If I were ever to dip into the "lady pond" it would be for Vanessa Marcil.  I think she is super gorgeous and have been a big fan of hers ever since I first saw her on GH.

• Love 2

My first tv crush was Barbara Eden

I also am one of the seemingly few who preferred Ginger over Mary Ann on Gilligan's Island.

Christina Hendricks was briefly on a show called Life, that's all it took.

Whoever mentioned Jaime Murray is so right, she always looks like she's 2 seconds from devouring her costars.

Joelle Carter on Justified.

I could go on and on.

My first crush was on David Cassidy in 'The Partridge Family.'  I later graduated to Scott Baio on 'Happy Days' and Ralph Macchio in his cousin Oliver role on 'Eight Is Enough.'  Obviously I had a type.

Hee.  My sister had the same type.  Her first serious boyfriend had feathered hair, years after it was fashionable.

I'm gratified to see above that my Peter Tork love is not as unusual as it has always seemed to me.  One less thing to feel like a freak about, LOL.

• Love 2

My TV crush has to be Johnny Galecki during the Roseanne years. I still love him to this very day. And then, Victor Webster from when he was on Days of Our Lives. My God, he and Ryan Phillipe in Creul Intentions made me realize I was gay more than anyone/thing else.

• Love 2
Another Brit that I love: Rupert Penry-Jones.  He is so swoon worthy as Captain Wentworth in Persuasion.

I, too have always had a thing for Brit actors- I had huge crush on Damian Lewis right after Band of Brothers and The Forsyte Saga were aired on TV.  I was long over him by Homeland, though.

Loved Rupert Penry Jones in Persuasion.  Need to check him out in Whitechapel.

Another Brit actor I find attractive is David Oakes- not conventionally handsome, and he's mostly been cast in unlikeable roles, but there's something about him that I find hot.

Dan Stevens- glad to see that he's starring in U.S films now that he's left Downton Abbey.

Tom Hopper, with his gorgeous biceps.  I hope he returns to Black Sails next year.

And Clive Standen of Vikings.  Absolutely, smoking hot.  6'2" with dark hair and green eyes, great abs and lovely a voice.  He's the reason I look forward to watching Vikings, even though his character does terrible things.  

That is all.

Edited by Leonarda

And Clive Standen of Vikings.  Absolutely, smoking hot.  6'2" with dark hair and blue eyes, great abs and lovely a voice.  He's the reason I look forward to watching Vikings, even though his character does terrible things.  

Clive Standen is a phenomenal display of good looks! I think his eyes are green, though. Doesn't matter, he is perfection.

You're right, Jeebus Cripes.  Clive Standen does have green eyes, not blue.  I corrected that in my previous post.

BTW, Only 1-2% of the human population have green eyes, making it the one of the rarest eye colors in the world.

Edited by Leonarda
  • Love 2

Robert Newman Guiding Light.  Loved him since I was a little kid.  We even named our dog after his character on the show.  Meet him & Kim (Reva) once at a fan function & told him that (such a geek!).  He smiled & gave me a hug as did Kim :)

All the main guys on NCIS are crush worthy IMO.   Tony to date Tim to Marry and the boss to ...

Robert Newman Guiding Light.  Loved him since I was a little kid.

He never did a thing for me in the '80s and '90s, but when I tuned back in for the final episodes, I was stunned by how attractive he'd become. 

• Love 1

I agree with so many already mentioned (Damn you Tom Mison AND Zachary Levi for getting married without consulting me first!), but in a "wow, they're attractive in an unconventional way", I have to go with Andy Samberg and Bobby Moynihan.  I think it's their humor, but I find them so good looking.

Oh, and Stephen Colbert - smart, funny and incredibly handsome?  YES PLEASE!

I'm glad to see some love for the cutest boy in the world Bobby Moynihan.

• Love 1

Scott Bukula especially during Quantum Leap days although he is still fine : )

The cancellation of "Men of a Certain Age" was a sad, sad time in TV-ville!  I am not an NCIS fan, but I gave New Orleans a try this week just for Scott.  It was okay, but he deserves better.

• Love 3

I know it hasn't started yet, but what the hell, thank you Kingdom for what looks like lots of semi-nude Nick Jonas boxing or whatever. It's already playing in my head.

Bastet's Danny Pino crush also reminded me what I crush I had (and still have) on Enrique Murciano from Without a Trace. Eric Close isn't shabby looking either.

Edited by joelene
  • Love 2

Daniel Sunjata - I watched Rescue Me because of that man. Not a terrible show but I can only take so much of Dennis Leary. Plus the characterization of women on that show made me want to stab things. To make matters worse there were far too many Dennis Leary sex scenes on that show. I have Leary's O face blazoned in my memory. I think shock therapy may have been invented for just such a thing. 

• Love 1

Scott Bakula is still fine after all these years, but his role in Looking, the HBO series about a group of gay male friends in San Francisco, is a much better showcase of his talents than NCIS: New Orleans.

• Love 1

I was watching the mini-marathon of Cold Case last night as I do every Wednesday night - thank you, ION Television - and realized what a crush I have on Danny Pino.  I think because I originally came to the series late, during episodes in which his character annoys me a lot, I never really thought about how attractive I find the actor despite the character's antics.  But watching earlier episodes, with a likeable Scotty ... hoo boy.

He is such an attractive man - he's half the reason I still keep up with Law and Order SVU.

In general, I just have a weakness for men in well-fitting suits, but to me, Matt Czuchry is the most attractive man in a suit on tv (Patrick Adams and Gabriel Macht are STRONG runners up).  He does not look his age at all, and yet, he's still aged so well since Gilmore Girls - slightly more mature, still just as handsome.

• Love 1
Patrick Adams and Gabriel Macht are STRONG runners up

The Patrick Adams character on Suits would have been exactly my type, when I was that age.  I hope he has a long career.

For a man in a suit, I'm not sure anyone beats Sam Seaborn (Rob Lowe) on West Wing.

For a man not in a suit, has anyone mentioned Dave Annable?  

All gorgeous men, all of whom have incredibly expressive eyes. 

I just saw this! TV, eh.... okay here we go....

1. David Soul as Hutch (don't judge me! I was a wee one!)
  2. Pierce Brosnan Remington Steele
  3. Chris Noth (Mike Logan, Law & Order)
  4. Jim Caviezel Person of Interest

And I add : for the oldies, I must admit an insane crush on Magnum when I was a child. I suspect it was a transfer for my father as he sported a stache at the time ! I outgrew it but still...!

Timothy Olyphant in Justified. I didn't care much for him during Deadwood.

Idris Elba. Just marry me already (sorry for my husband but he made peace with this insane crush of mine)

Clive Owen : so happy he made the jump on tv just so I could put him here !

Clarke Peters and Michael Kenneth Williams from the Wire and everything else they are on.

Josh Holloway from Lost.

Daniel Radcliffe but exclusively from A Young Doctor's Notebook. Doesn't do anything for me in anything else.

For the women : 

Lauren German from Chicago Fire. Safe to say

I won't watch anymore now she's dead.

Lisa Bonet, Cosby show years

Jenna Coleman from Doctor Who. Those eyes.... 

Archie Panjabi, the Good Wife

Meghan Ory, Once Upon a Time and dare I say... Intelligence. 

Sherilyn Fenn from Twin Peaks.

Gina Torres from Firefly, Suits, Hannibal...

Ally Walker and Erica Gimpel from Profiler.

... and with that, I reach my shallow point for the day ! 

• Love 1

John Stamos comes pretty close.

When I was younger, sure. After reading something about a blogger who did an interview with him and said he was a jerk... not so much now.

Ah.  I'd never heard that about him  :(