Type keyword(s) to search

I Heart You: TV Star Crushes

• Start Topic

I know I posted this a few years ago, but having watched the last two seasons of "Strike Back", it bears repeating.

Jamie Bamber is an INCREDIBLY gorgeous, sexy man.

How does his wife even let him leave the house? If I were married to him, I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off him.

I've really come to like the SNL anchors Colin Host and Michael Che.

• Love 3

Steve Backshall: He's this really cool and VERY knowledgeable British explorer who has done such things as find ancient Mayan sketchings after eight hours of walking,crawling from the cave's only known entrance as well as seeking out rare and endangered species. Alas, only a few of his shows have aired on this side of the Pond but some of his shows are on that site rhyming with Kru Gloob!   With his daring determination and eagerness to share knowledge , he's somewhat of a cross between Indiana Jones and Dr. Lucy Worsley (I wonder if Mr. Backshall and Dr. Worsley have ever met?).

Oh, and  on a shallow note, IMO he's also somewhat easy on the eyes in a rugged, bearish way! 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Blergh said:

Oh, and  on a shallow note, IMO he's also somewhat easy on the eyes in a rugged, bearish way! 

LOL.  This is the TV crushes thread, you don't have to apologize for noticing and appreciating somebody's looks.

• Love 6

Discovered some really gooooood British TV, and I’m going to add David Tennant (aye, he’s Scots, I ken, and I looooove his natural and exaggerated burr-Broadchurch).

I went back and rewatched the seasons of Law & Order: U.K. plus the ones I didn’t watch after Jamie Bamber left, (except for the last) and so, Jamie, Robert Bradley, Paul Nicholls, and Dominic Rowan, if ye please!

🥰❤️🥰ROWR!!!!!🥰❤️🥰

• Love 5

Jamie Bamber is so hot that I'm pretty sure the entire "Fat Lee" mini arc on Battlestar Galactica was simply the show trolling all of the drooling fans.  Apparently we were supposed to be watching for plot or something.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
On 6/19/2020 at 10:44 PM, ouinason said:

Jamie Bamber is so hot that I'm pretty sure the entire "Fat Lee" mini arc on Battlestar Galactica was simply the show trolling all of the drooling fans.  Apparently we were supposed to be watching for plot or something.

Heh.

He has a handful of Fan Disservice moments throughout his roles which I'm sure are indeed his attempts at trolling all his admirers. 

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Reason 12345678910143689 I ADORE and ❤️🥰❤️ David Tenant and Micheal Sheen!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

David Tenant did a very nice job reading a chapter of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone aloud at WizardingWorld.com.  I listened to it twice, just to have him read to me.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

David Tenant did a very nice job reading a chapter of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone aloud at WizardingWorld.com.  I listened to it twice, just to have him read to me.

That’s how I feel about Peter Wingfield doing a reading of Post Cards From Alexa which is a short story from a the book An Evening At Joe’s which was Highlander fiction written by people who worked on the show. I would listen to that man read a telephone book.

BTW, David Tennent is my favorite Doctor and I just enjoy him in pretty much anything he does.

My other tv crushes include Matt Bomber and Neil deGrasse Tyson. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Enigma X said:

Stephen Dillane. I thought he was hot in GoT and am now watching a British/French series he is in on Prime. I still think he is hot.

Mmmm Stannis. I'd swoon everytime that hottie was on much to my son's disgust. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Reason 12345678910143689 I ADORE and ❤️🥰❤️ David Tenant and Micheal Sheen!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Their chemistry is why I would have loved a spin off of Good Omens, watching Crowley and Aziraphale bumbling through history.  Comedy gold.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Haleth said:

Their chemistry is why I would have loved a spin off of Good Omens, watching Crowley and Aziraphale bumbling through history.  Comedy gold.

I know! After I watched it through the first time, I rewatched it again but only the scenes with Crowley and Aziraphale!😂😂😂

And there’s a continuing Staged clips that includes Samuel L. Jackson, where David is trash talking Michael and Sam has Michael on the line listening to it all!😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Love 5

Bumping it up to add that I've been watching Umbrella Academy and this list wouldn't be complete without Tom Hopper (Luther), David Castaneda (Diego) and Robert Sheehan (Klaus).

Then there's Lovecraft Country, HBO's sci-fi horror period piece with a predominantly Black cast, which includes star Jonathan Majors, who not only looks good in an Army uniform and in glasses, he looks even better shirtless.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, DollEyes said:

Bumping it up to add that I've been watching Umbrella Academy and this list wouldn't be complete without Tom Hopper (Luther), David Castaneda (Diego) and Robert Sheehan (Klaus).

I agree.  It's such a great cast. 

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 1
On 7/5/2020 at 8:54 AM, Haleth said:

I saw the name Crowley and had to do a double take.  I’ve just recently started watching Supernatural and adore the entire cast, even vacuous Bella.  But Crowley - on that show - is one of my favorites.  Is the character similar in Good Omens?

1 minute ago, roamyn said:

I saw the name Crowley and had to do a double take.  I’ve just recently started watching Supernatural and adore the entire cast, even vacuous Bella.  But Crowley - on that show - is one of my favorites.  Is the character similar in Good Omens?

I don’t watch Supernatural so I cant tell you.  Crowley on Good Omens (David Tennant) is a demon tasked with bringing about the apocalypse. Except he enjoys human things like music and automobiles too much. Aziraphale (Michael Sheen) is his nemesis/best friend, an angel who loves his books and fine wines, and isn’t too keen on bringing about the end of days either. It’s very funny. 

• Love 6
On 7/5/2020 at 6:54 AM, Haleth said:

I would love that! That would be so good and so funny. I don't know about the actors so much but I definitely have a crush of Crowley and Aziraphale. 

3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I don’t watch Supernatural so I cant tell you.  Crowley on Good Omens (David Tennant) is a demon tasked with bringing about the apocalypse. Except he enjoys human things like music and automobiles too much. Aziraphale (Michael Sheen) is his nemesis/best friend, an angel who loves his books and fine wines, and isn’t too keen on bringing about the end of days either. It’s very funny. 

I just watched Good Omens for the first time a few weeks ago and loved it. It was so funny! Especially those two.

• Love 2

How Todd Chrisley not only has a thick, full head of   evidently non-dyed hair but also now looks young enough to be his children's sib at age 51- in spite of having had the Covid 19 is astounding! Also, I know that he's not without negative allegations and a shadowside but I DO like that he and Mrs. Chrisley have more than stepped up to the plate re parenting his granddaughter  (even though I am against ANY minor child being put on 'reality' TV) so that's also a plus! Of course, the question is whether he truly is as   healthy and vigorous internally as he  appears externally (and will all this translate to him outdancing everyone else at his granddaughter's 50th wedding anniversary party) time will tell! 

• Love 2

I watched two episodes of that show at a friend's house a few years ago, and found the entire Chrisley family shallow, useless, and varying degrees of dumb.  (I will never understand why people like this are given reality shows, nor why people want to see shallow, useless, dumb people rewarded with fame and fortune.)  If they're raising a grandchild, I hope she somehow doesn't turn out to be as big a brat as the others, especially that unbearable youngest boy, but they don't have a good track record.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I've never heard of Todd Chrisley or the Chrisleys in general, so I turned to Google, as one does.

And the first thing that came up was "Michael Todd Chrisley, who goes by the name Todd, is a real-estate tycoon who is considered by his family to be controlling, easily irritated, and often unreasonable." Well, okay then! 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Well, it wouldn't be the first time I'd ever fallen for the superficial exterior but, thankfully, due to the dual deals of my never knowingly going for someone else I know to be legally wed and/or with a longtime companion AND considering anyone on TV or mass media to be as unobtainable as flying to the moon in search of green cheese, there's zero chance of going beyond visually admiring the surface features of Mr. Chrisley.

• LOL 2
On 8/20/2020 at 11:47 AM, Bastet said:

I watched two episodes of that show at a friend's house a few years ago, and found the entire Chrisley family shallow, useless, and varying degrees of dumb.  (I will never understand why people like this are given reality shows, nor why people want to see shallow, useless, dumb people rewarded with fame and fortune.)  If they're raising a grandchild, I hope she somehow doesn't turn out to be as big a brat as the others, especially that unbearable youngest boy, but they don't have a good track record.

I think part of the problem is that people who are not shallow, useless, and dumb tend feel like they have better things to do than have a reality show revolve around them.

(I'd never heard of this Todd Chrisley person either, until someone posted in another thread about his plastic surgery.)

• Love 8

OK, looks like I drew a lemon re Mr. Chrisley.

So maybe I should see how my liking one Dan McKernan of Saved By the Barn flies.  He seems to be a bit of a force of nature re his friends and family he's recruited while heeding his own calling re rescuing farm animals to give them a happy, healthy home and sanctuary on his father's family farm. I have to wonder  if the older Mr. McKernan ever needs time away from his intense son and all those animals. Oh, and it's a bit amusing that via his solid, tall physique and tanned, bearded  Adonis face, he appears as though he'd be more at home on a hanging ten on a  surfboard than with all those animals, family and friends but he defies the stereotype of 'only nerds who couldn't get Olive Oyl to give them to time of day like animals' so good for him!  Yes, I know it's another 'reality' show and likely a good part of it is scripted but I don't think his true passion for animals' welfare and huggy intensity for them  is faked (and good that he'seems so dedicated that he's a vegan despite all the beef, poultry, pork and lamb cuisine options/opportunities  he could have)!  

• Love 1

Goliath on Gargoyles was so freaking hot. His gargoyle form was attractive with that muscular build and that silky Candyman-like voice, but the human form he was changed into in "The Mirror"...holy shit. I nearly lost it.

God bless Disney+ for letting me watch this show.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 5
On 8/31/2020 at 7:27 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Goliath on Gargoyles was so freaking hot. His gargoyle form was attractive with that muscular build and that silky Candyman-like voice, but the human form he was changed into in "The Mirror"...holy shit. I nearly lost it.

God bless Disney+ for letting me watch this show.

This is so funny to me because my son was completely crazy for Gargoyles when it was first shown back in the day (25 plus years ago I would guess) and I think I saw every episode numerous times and loved them all. There are so many animated shows from that era that were really outstanding and I still miss watching them....and I will always miss watching Sesame Street every day.

• Love 2
(edited)

After seeing the S2 premiere of The Mandalorian, I had to show some love to guest star Timothy Olyphant. Olyphant's Cobb Vanth joins Deadwood's Seth Bullock and Justified's Raylan Givens on Olyphant's impressive resume' of TV lawmen with iconic headgear.

Looks-wise, Olyphant's silver-fox realness shows that he's aged better than Boba Fett's beskar armor.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 4

To be fair, Chris Cuomo has a fantastic smile and nice teeth.  I've been noticing that for a few years now.  When he smiles it makes him really attractive.

My #1 news guy crush though is ABC's Matt Gutman.  He's got some new silver in his hair and it very flattering.  Any time he comes on my husband sends me a side eye and says  "there's your boy, Matt."  LOL.

Gutman.jpg.20beda98487f48925d2a9f15a5ea15a5.jpg

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Arguably the hottest of them all is MSNBC's adorkable, brilliant Steve Kornacki. His virtually non-stop election coverage has earned him his own "Kornacki Cam," which airs during commercial breaks. Kornacki (who's openly gay) has even made khaki sales explode.

Kornacki's even got his own celebrity fan club, with, among others, Dan Levy, Chrissy Teigen and Leslie Jones as members. With Kornacki's star on the rise, I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually got an SNL appearance, a Gap or Old Navy commercial and/or even his own Funko pop.

• Love 8

One classic that should not be overlooked is the prolific performer Michael Forest who, in addition to his rather classic facial features, displayed a rather impressive tall physique playing a 'native' on Gilligan's Island (1967) 'Slave Girl' in a black 'Indian' wig, makeup and a sarong breechcloth as well as Apollo on TOS 'Who Mourns Adonais' (1967) in a golden mini toga and strappy knee-length sandals. So impressive was he in the latter part that at age 84 (!), he would reprise the role in  fan tribute series Star Trek: Continues  in their first episode 'Pilgrim of Eternity' (2013) . Yes, he had aged but he still was quite distinguished even with receding white hair  and  in a  jump suit instead of that toga for most of the episode- and via a black wig and some makeup he was even able to make Apollo appear to be close to the same age he had been in TOS at the episode's closing tag since he was still ramrod straight and well-built after all those years!

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 1

Not quite rising to the level of a full on crush, but I must say I really grew a deeper appreciation of Tiffany Haddish after watching her interview with David Letterman on his 'My Next Guest.." show.  Her role in The Last O.G. proved she could do restraint really well s an actor.  But I always viewed her personality as ...a LOT.

I haven't yet read her memoir but I am definitely going to remedy that soon.  It is too easy to say she is a .. a lot.  But after having watched her in the interview and listened to her talk, I realize that that is very much her 'on' personality that she displays for public consumption.  There is a lot of depth to her and she's a lot more intelligent than I think people give her credit for.  Even through all that, her story about getting into and out of Scientology was funny (with a tragic undertone). 

• Useful 3

I wonder if Miss Clarke was trying to evoke Dietrich who could ALSO look fantastic with not a jot of her radiance dimmed via wearing  men's suits (no mean feat- especially in the early 1930s)! 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Blergh said:

I wonder if Miss Clarke was trying to evoke Dietrich who could ALSO look fantastic with not a jot of her radiance dimmed via wearing  men's suits (no mean feat- especially in the early 1930s)! 

Women in men's clothes often look really good. But unless men go full drag queen, they usually end up looking a bit silly.

• Love 2

Michael B. Jordan, from (among other things), All My Children, The Wire and Friday Night Lights, is People magazine's newest "Sexiest Man Alive"-which is, IMO, one of the very few things that 2020 got right.

• Love 3
On 10/18/2020 at 6:08 PM, methodwriter85 said:

lucas-bravo-06-1602190359.jpg

Who dis?

Shonda Rhimes' new historical period drama Bridgerton just started streaming on Netflix and its star Rege'-Jean Page, who plays Simon, the Duke Of Hastings, is H-O-T. He's hotter than a full-length fur coat on top of a velvet jacket on top of a long-sleeved, high-necked shirt in the Bahamas in August.

• Love 5

Bumping up to show more love for Chris Meloni, who not only starred on L & O: SVU for 10 years, he's now got his own spinoff, L & O: Organized Crime. 

CM did a guest spot on SVU and he's not only aged like fine wine, there's a plot twist (which I won't spoil here), that, by the end of the episode, made me want to give him a hug-with my thighs.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3