Type keyword(s) to search

I Heart You: TV Star Crushes

• Start Topic

On 4/1/2021 at 10:39 PM, DollEyes said:

Bumping up to show more love for Chris Meloni, who not only starred on L & O: SVU for 10 years, he's now got his own spinoff, L & O: Organized Crime. 

CM did a guest spot on SVU and he's not only aged like fine wine, there's a plot twist (which I won't spoil here), that, by the end of the episode, made me want to give him a hug-with my thighs.

I'm going to have to remember wanting to give a man a hug with my thighs.  Nice one.  I feel that way about Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes on The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.  When it comes to him I wish I had the patented Claire Beauchamp Randall Frasier Vagina that can cure PTSD, bacterial infections and snake bites from Outlander.  

• LOL 11
52 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I feel that way about Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes on The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. 

Dude, yes. I actually really like Sebastian as an actor in most of the stuff I've seen him in. But it's all about Seb as Bucky. I mean, he looks like Grumpy Cat. But somehow makes that hot. I just went and made it weird didn't I? Lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, festivus said:

Dude, yes. I actually really like Sebastian as an actor in most of the stuff I've seen him in. But it's all about Seb as Bucky. I mean, he looks like Grumpy Cat. But somehow makes that hot. I just went and made it weird didn't I? Lol.

I first noticed him on Once Upon a Time, but he immediately fell off my radar until he showed back up in Winter Soldier.  He didn't even register in the first Cap movie.  I needed Bucky with trauma and a bad wig.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

He didn't even register in the first Cap movie.  I needed Bucky with trauma and a bad wig.

Yeah, for me either. He was too young in that movie. Still too young looking for me in WS but from what I've read that's his real hair. But he's got some age on him now and that gives him character. I like me a more mature man.

• Love 2

I don't recall seeing Sebastian Stan in anything before the Marvel movies, but I was instantly drawn to him. He's hot and it would seem really nice, too. If there is proof otherwise, please don't post it. Leave me to my fantasies.

• Love 3

I remember Sebastian Stan from Gossip Girl and that movie about boy witches. Whoa, it was bad, but the eye candy made it worth sitting through more than once, I regret nothing.

• LOL 5

Heh, boy witches. You know when I saw TFA I didn't even connect that it was the same person. I also didn't realize he was the douche in Hot Tub Time Machine. I thought the CA movie was the first time I'd ever seen him.

The first thing I ever saw Sebastian Stan in was I, Tonya. I remember thinking, that character is an asshole, but I feel like if you shave off the sleazy mustache, that actor is really attractive. So, I went looking for mustacheless pictures of him and felt vindicated with my spidey senses. Lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

OK, I'm not about to talk about what Ronan Farrow discussed on last night's (April 6,2021), Late Show With Stephen Colbert but I WILL say that he seems to have gotten hotter this past year with his longer hair and it appears that he's even gotten a bit ripped with much more rugged arms and chest than before instead of going couch potato! I guess one could say he's gotten more Thor-esque.  I know he's unavailable,etc. - and  this has absolutely no bearing on his journalistic skills and/or intelligence but IMO it sure was a treat to see him last night!

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 3

I never watched Grey's Anatomy, either, but when I saw Patrick Dempsey in Scream 3, I thought, "Damn, that dork from Can't Buy Me Love grew up to be hot."  Just one of the many reasons I think it's utterly stupid Reese Witherspoon married her ex instead of him in Sweet Home Alabama.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I never watched Grey's Anatomy, either, but when I saw Patrick Dempsey in Scream 3, I thought, "Damn, that dork from Can't Buy Me Love grew up to be hot."  Just one of the many reasons I think it's utterly stupid Reese Witherspoon married her ex instead of him in Sweet Home Alabama.

I discovered him grown and sexy, but I was shocked when I watched Can't Buy Me Love and saw a young Patrick Dempsey.  Talk about a glow-up! I wonder how many girls rejected his adorkable little self and later regretted it. 

• LOL 5
On 4/5/2021 at 9:13 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I feel that way about Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes on The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

How about as Tommy Lee of Mötley Crüe? (One on the right, obviously)

image.thumb.png.6d99f6eddbb64fd8b5c7db5492d01cae.png

• Love 1

So I have been re-watching Law and Order: UK where two of my tv crushes the delectable Jamie Bamber and the gorgeous Freema Aygeman star.  They have this flirty thing going on during the course of the 4 seasons they are on it.  The most recent episode I watched they are talking to some forensic dude who is going on about soil and skin particles and bugs that eat both and says something like "just the normal stuff you can find on a mattress."

And Jamie's character, Matt Devlin, looks at her and sexily murmurs "not my mattress" and continues to send her flirty eyes as she smiles.

Sigh.  I loved their flirty vibe on the show, so much pretty.  Such a shame the two characters never got it on for real.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

My UO on Dr. Who is Martha was a better character than Rose and Freema was prettier than Billie Piper.  

I never understood the appeal of Rose/Billie Piper. She speaks like she's got a mouth full of cotton. 

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I watch the occasional episode of New Amsterdam, and Freema is aging like fine wine.  My UO on Dr. Who is Martha was a better character than Rose and Freema was prettier than Billie Piper.  

19 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I never understood the appeal of Rose/Billie Piper. She speaks like she's got a mouth full of cotton. 

Both of these!

• Love 5

I think between Rose being trapped in the parallel universe and coming back when Donna was the companion, Billie Piper had veneers or something because she talked like her teeth were too big for her mouth and she wasn't used to them.

Hopping on the Martha Jones love train! I've said before in another thread that I wish she could have had another Doctor because Ten severely underappreciated her.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Popples said:

Hopping on the Martha Jones love train! I've said before in another thread that I wish she could have had another Doctor because Ten severely underappreciated her.

I would love her to have come back, or at least not been the companion immediately after Rose, since the show runners were still locked in on that horrible love story. Martha was smart, brave, strong, beautiful, adventurous, she deserved more than mopey post-Rose Ten. (I love Ten, he's my favorite Doctor, but I loathe with the fire of ten thousand suns his being in love with dull, insipid, mushmouthed Rose.) Ten and Donna is my all time favorite pairing. 

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, Popples said:

I think between Rose being trapped in the parallel universe and coming back when Donna was the companion, Billie Piper had veneers or something because she talked like her teeth were too big for her mouth and she wasn't used to them.

Her Rose accent isn't her natural one. Apparently she had trouble getting back to Rose in time.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Martha was smart, brave, strong, beautiful, adventurous

And she was an actual for-real Doctor!  Much closer to being an equal Companion than anyone since Sarah Jane (journalist).

I had no problem with her and Ten since I love Ten, but she deserved to carry on over to Eleven IMO.

• Love 6

My longtime crushes:

Anthony Head

Hugh Jackman

Richard Armitage

Alan Rickman

Emma Watson

Kate Beckinsale

Anna Kendrick

Kristen Stewart

Julie Newmar (as Catwoman)

Eric McCormack

Iain Glen

Nathalie Emmanuel

Freema Agyeman

Benedict Cumberbatch (from certain angles)

David Tennant (pre-quarantine look)

Stephen Colbert

Last year additions:

Katrina Law

Maisie Richardson-Sellers

Aubrey Plaza

• Love 6

Diane Guerrero on Doom Patrol is making a play to be one of the most beautiful women ever on a TV series.  Up there with Mary Tyler Moore in the 60s, Cheryl Ladd in the 70s, and Minka Kelly in the 2000s.

• Useful 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Jensen Ackles. I don't think men more gorgeous than him exist. I discovered him on Days many years ago, but he's probably better known for. Supernatural.

I mean, I agree - I've been an Ackles fan since Dark Angel (although I gave up on SN after just a few seasons, even Ackles couldn't hold me there). But I'll also see your Jensen Ackles and raise you a Santiago Cabrera 😍

Ea11ll6XkAARBVT.jpg

tumblr_p87wrlxkZX1v5cuvyo2_400.jpg

Edited by Llywela
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Jensen Ackles. I don't think men more gorgeous than him exist. I discovered him on Days many years ago, but he's probably better known for. Supernatural.

He also sings, directs, runs a production company, does voice over work, seems to have barely aged, and is a husband & father.  Maybe he doesn’t need his beauty rest.  Or Rowena gave him a powerful spell,

• Love 3
22 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

154-1548948_big.jpg

My husband and I were used to watch Supernatural and he call him Jason Ankles :) 

• LOL 3
8 hours ago, Llywela said:

I mean, I agree - I've been an Ackles fan since Dark Angel (although I gave up on SN after just a few seasons, even Ackles couldn't hold me there). But I'll also see your Jensen Ackles and raise you a Santiago Cabrera 😍

Haha, Jensen is my favorite, but Santiago is handsome too. 

6 hours ago, roamyn said:

He also sings, directs, runs a production company, does voice over work, seems to have barely aged, and is a husband & father.  Maybe he doesn’t need his beauty rest.  Or Rowena gave him a powerful spell,

He's crazy gorgeous. There was one interview he did (think Kimmel) and Rosie Perez was also a guest and asked if he curls his eyelashes. hahaha Even his lashes are nice!

• Love 2

Cabrera was the best Aramis so far. Actually everyone was good  -- least annoying Dartagnan, nonbuffoonish Porthos, great Treville--except for the horribly miscast Athos.

• Love 1

Bumping this to add a couple more guys to my crush list - first one is Adhir Kalyan from "United States of Al". He is so freaking adorable on that show and I just love him. And I recently found out he was also on "Rules of Engagement", which I've never seen, but judging from this fun little clip from that show of him singing "Crocodile Rock" (a song I've always liked) with a vocal group...

...yeah, I may need to remedy that now :D.

The other guy is Utkarsh Ambudkar, who's currently playing Jay on the U.S. version of "Ghosts" that just started airing, also on CBS. So, uh, thanks CBS, for giving me an hour's worth of good-looking men to enjoy on Thursday nights :). 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 5
On 7/8/2021 at 12:27 PM, Nicmar said:

My husband and I were used to watch Supernatural and he call him Jason Ankles :) 

I think I read somewhere that his parents were going to name him the very common Justin name, but decided to go with Jensen which was a family name.

• Useful 1

Did anyone else catch the musician Sting on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert last week? I know he's 70 years old but, facially he looks as though he could easily pass for fifty if not 45 years old  and from the neck down, his toned body ROCKS and would be impressive for a 35-year-old! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Blergh said:

Did anyone else catch the musician Sting on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert last week? I know he's 70 years old but, facially he looks as though he could easily pass for fifty if not 45 years old  and from the neck down, his toned body ROCKS and would be impressive for a 35-year-old! 

A friend just got back from seeing his concert in Las Vegas last week. (A surprise from her husband. How cool is that?). She posted clips from a bunch of songs. He still looks and sounds fantastic. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

I agree in general, but I wish he would button up that very nice shirt in that photo. Chest hair makes me want to throw up. (/shallow)

See, I'm the opposite- chest hair and hairy legs drive me wild. Eli Roth is a personal fantasy of mine. LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

I agree in general, but I wish he would button up that very nice shirt in that photo. Chest hair makes me want to throw up. (/shallow)

I love some hair on a man's chest. But he oddly still does nothing for me. I can't figure it out. He's got the dark hair, the blue eyes, the stubble, chiseled features but I'm still just meh about him. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

I don't hate it, but I'm happier when it's not there.  I don't like facial hair, so that's the part not doing it for me.  Underneath that, though, he looks good; I have no idea who he is (no need to tell me; I'll look him up), but he's cute.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

See, I'm the opposite- chest hair and hairy legs drive me wild.

Yeah, to me, hairless male chests are like hairless cats. I understand that they sometimes occur in nature, but they seriously weird me out, and I don't understand intentionally cultivating the look. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

I think I'm kind of a mixed bag on that myself. I tend to prefer guys without facial hair for the most part, but there are a few I've seen who can pull off at least a little scruff/the five o'clock shadow look. With chest hair, I don't tend to go for guys who are covered in it, who are super hairy sorts, but a little of it's not so bad. 

My main thing when it comes to guys' hair is that I like a guy who's got a full head of hair that I could run my fingers through :D. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I think I'm kind of a mixed bag on that myself. I tend to prefer guys without facial hair for the most part, but there are a few I've seen who can pull off at least a little scruff/the five o'clock shadow look. With chest hair, I don't tend to go for guys who are covered in it, who are super hairy sorts, but a little of it's not so bad. 

My main thing when it comes to guys' hair is that I like a guy who's got a full head of hair that I could run my fingers through :D. 

Presenting the glorious hair (and stubble, and a hint of chest hair) of Santiago Cabrera 😁

d92e6816d4f8afca911c3881a62-small.jpg

Edited by Llywela
  • Love 4
On 11/23/2021 at 5:28 AM, JustHereForFood said:

This made me lol. Agreed. I do have a weird hair phobia thing though.

Been on the Madden train since he showed his great acting chops in Bodyguard. He did nothing for me in Game of Thrones, looked too much like a baby then. I'm that weirdo that can't find actors hot unless they have the chops. 

• Love 6

BTW, sorry to everyone if I came off too harsh in my original comment about male body hair. In general, I don't like shaming people for their looks and I would probably get offended if someone said something similar about a woman, and here I am doing basically the same to men ☹️. I should have probably thought twice before posting it.

It just seemed like such a contrast to me, with the otherwise elegant look. I do like a nice shirt on a man (or woman). Shirts in general. And that one reminds me of an iconic Benedict Cumberbatch look: 

p074qkn7.jpg

Edited by JustHereForFood
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

BTW, sorry to everyone if I came off too harsh in my original comment about male body hair. In general, I don't like shaming people for their looks and I would probably get offended if someone said something similar about a woman, and here I am doing basically the same to men ☹️. I should have probably thought twice before posting it.

We all like what we like. It's not like you said all men with body hair should die a horrible death, or that excessive body hair is a sign of pure evil. Sadly, there is no inherent physical mark of pure evil. I wish all rapists and killers were born with the world EVIL stamped on their forehead. It would make life much easier. 

As for TV crushes. I adore John Cho. Have for many years. While Cowboy Bebop might not be the greatest show ever made I will always adore it for this scene: 
1702394914_Screenshot(1).png.4c5146c091d5c2411bc223108b0558c9.png

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 11/26/2021 at 12:02 PM, Mabinogia said:

We all like what we like. It's not like you said all men with body hair should die a horrible death, or that excessive body hair is a sign of pure evil. Sadly, there is no inherent physical mark of pure evil. I wish all rapists and killers were born with the world EVIL stamped on their forehead. It would make life much easier. 

As for TV crushes. I adore John Cho. Have for many years. While Cowboy Bebop might not be the greatest show ever made I will always adore it for this scene: 
1702394914_Screenshot(1).png.4c5146c091d5c2411bc223108b0558c9.png

I've loved him since the episode he was in Charmed. He was so perfect. I wish Piper ended up with him instead of Leo. Sure he was dead but so was Leo. He loved to cook like she did. They would have had so much fun together.  Loved him in Sleepy Hollow and so many other things.

• Love 4