Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: Episode 1

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Today, if you're in the UK. September, if you're watching on PBS...

Ok, guess I'll wait and read some of what you guys write. I still enjoy it later. ; )

• Love 2

There really is something magic about this shows ability to make me cry. I know exactly what they're doing, the music, the storylines etc all designed to tug on my heartsrings and it does every time.

My heart broke when the neighbours crossed the street to avoid them. I don't think in '66 they would have been as sensitive to someone losing a baby as they were letting him stay with them for so long after, its what they'd do now but not then. I wonder will we see more birth defects due to wartime exposure to chemicals or will we see that couple again in the series, fighting for answers etc.

I don't fully understand the Trixie going to a private hospital for 6 weeks. Is it so she can learn the ropes and help Nonatus set up a private hospital themselves? It seems a bit unfair if they're getting a premium for her to work there and shes not reaping the rewards personally. I really don't like the Dr running things over there and I hope they weren't setting up a romance with Trixie.
Severely doubt that Father would have been in the delivery back then, especially not in such an upmarket place.

Sr Monica Joan losing her faith isn't really a storyline I want. Its bloody depressing seeing her question if her lifes been wasted at her age, you would think she'd have some perspective given all the babies she delivered regardless if God exists or not.

I really like Lucille and her chap although I assumed when he wasn't able to afford the flat that we were going to see them get married and move in together or something. They were getting rather close before the church group interrupted

Loved the colour of the front door of the Buckle's flat, thinking of repainting my door.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, maggiegil said:

I don't fully understand the Trixie going to a private hospital for 6 weeks. Is it so she can learn the ropes and help Nonatus set up a private hospital themselves? It seems a bit unfair if they're getting a premium for her to work there and shes not reaping the rewards personally. I really don't like the Dr running things over there and I hope they weren't setting up a romance with Trixie.
Severely doubt that Father would have been in the delivery back then, especially not in such an upmarket place.

Trixie is doing the 'due diligence' on behalf of Nonnatus House.  IIRC, Sister Julienne was told by Mother Mildred that none of the nuns could set foot in the hospital until it had been checked out, so Trixie was sent to scout it out first.  She told the Doctor in charge that she was reporting back to Sister Julienne.

I actually quite liked the private hospital doctor.  He seemed willing to listen to Trixie, and anybody who makes sure they have warm hands before an examination can't be all bad!

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

I almost overlooked that the show was returning. I think that was a strong outing for the new season although I did not like that we were teased an appearance by Mother Mildred which came to nothing.

I guess we'll see some follow up on Operation Grapple and will resist the urge to check Wikipedia for the moment. They did a great job with the Thalomide story so I'm looking forward to that.

Sister Frances was right, the skirt was too short. And although it was a fun little scene, if Violet was modelling a habit made for Sister Monica Joan then that fabric is truly magical and seems to adapt too hugely different body types in an instant. 

Not sure what to think of Trixie's plot. So far everything looks fine and dandy but the preview seems to say otherwise.

I actually find the idea of Sister Monica Joan having a crisis of faith intriguing. It's finally a plot that does not revolve around her on and off dementia and should give Judy Parfitt some meaty material. I do like that the writers have not forgotten that SMJ has a special bond with Fred. 

Historical trivia that surprised me: Bob Marley was already around, for some reason I had thought he had entered the scene in the 70s.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 7

Sister Frances was right, the skirt was too short. And although it was a fun little scene, if Violet was modelling a habit made for Sister Monica Joan then that fabric is truly magical and seems to adapt too hugely different body types in an instant. 

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Habit.

• LOL 22
  • Love 2

Welcome back, CtM! Random thoughts:

- Angela and May are the cutest! Loved the brief shot at the beginning of them swinging their schoolbags outside Nonnatus House.

- Trixie's frilly pink-and-white uniform at the new clinic is ridiculous. I love her confidence with the doctor-in-charge, though. Looks like he's going to be a good boss.

- The plotline about nuclear testing affecting fertility etc. is very juicy, and I'm look forward to seeing how it develops. I'm in Australia, so I found it particularly interesting in light of the British nuclear tests that were carried out in our central-south deserts in the late 1950s and early 1960s. The respective governments both claimed there was no one living in the area and/or that they had moved any inhabitants to 'safe' places, but there were in fact Indigenous people there who were affected by radiation. The land (which had been stolen by 19th-century colonists in any case) was also contaminated. Servicemen and women at the sites were also exposed and later died from leukemia or a rare blood disorder. The truth was covered up by the British and Australian governments and only came out decades later - you can read more about it on Wikipedia if you're interested.

• Useful 14
  • Love 4

Just realized this show was available for early access viewing through PBS passport.  So nice to have this group back.

I did think the new habits were too short for the sisters and laughed at Violet modeling one meant for Monica Joan.

One thing that really puzzled me was Dr. Turner's  anger at the Order considering helping out at the high end hospital. I thought they weren't planning to completely abandon community work.  He was irritating after a while.

So sad for the couple that waited so long for their baby.

On a completely shallow note, I loved Trixie's outfit when she was on her way to the new hospital.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, jah1986 said:

Just realized this show was available for early access viewing through PBS passport.  So nice to have this group back.

I did think the new habits were too short for the sisters and laughed at Violet modeling one meant for Monica Joan.

One thing that really puzzled me was Dr. Turner's  anger at the Order considering helping out at the high end hospital. I thought they weren't planning to completely abandon community work.  He was irritating after a while.

So sad for the couple that waited so long for their baby.

On a completely shallow note, I loved Trixie's outfit when she was on her way to the new hospital.

Thank you for reminding me I signed up for passport! I will check this out tonight. I missed them so much.

I’m so glad this show is back. I was bawling less than a half hour in. That poor couple, I hope they expand on Operation Grapple. 
I thought the new Nun’s outfits were a bit short, their knees were showing! Lol! 
Have they had women giving birth on their knees before? Seems like this is new this season. 
Trixie sure is well dressed on this show. Loved the white dress. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Have they had women giving birth on their knees before? Seems like this is new this season. 

I recall Nurse Jenny helping a mother delivering on her knees.  If I remember correctly, the patient's father was dying across the hall...

Trixie never fails to impress.  I have a feeling Dr. Hoity-Toity might prove too good to be true.  And she was beautifully coiffed and dressed (for a sister-nurse, that is) in this episode.  

I teared up when Nurse Frances was sobbing on the phone over the baby's legs.   She might be a favorite of mine.  Couldn't tell you why.  (Hint: the awkwardness and emotional aspects remind me of me.)

Kind of wish they'd play up Dr. Turner and Sister Julienne locking horns.  Was there something cut out of the American viewing that I would have enjoyed?  *cough* I have a VPN *cough*

I loved Sister Monica Joan in the past, but now she's written so inconsistently that it's hard to eke out any sympathy for her crisis of faith.  Is she truly dotty, or just verbose?  What kind of dementia lets its patients have such moments of lucidity?

I'm glad the show is back, and I am eager to see what else this season brings.  (More Trixie fashions, for one!)

• Love 12
On 4/19/2021 at 8:28 PM, MissLucas said:

I actually find the idea of Sister Monica Joan having a crisis of faith intriguing. It's finally a plot that does not revolve around her on and off dementia and should give Judy Parfitt some meaty material. I do like that the writers have not forgotten that SMJ has a special bond with Fred. 

I'd be more intrigued by it if we hadn't had numerous plots about Sister Monica Joan being quite around the bend mentally. Her cogent and well thought out doubts on whether God exists make no sense when we're talking about the character who gets lost and wanders off and steals etc etc etc. Dementia doesn't get better. 

• Love 7

I’m not really clear on Sister Julienne’s plan to make money for Nonnatus House. Is the posh clinic going to hire the nuns from NH to work there? The fact that they called some (?) nurses “sisters” muddles things more. It looks as if the plan goes pear shaped next week in any case.  
Hem length aside, I liked the habit Sister Hilda was wearing best. I liked the rolled collar.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 4/18/2021 at 9:04 PM, maggiegil said:

My father was present at my birth in 1963 in the UK (I can't remember what year we're up to in the show).  Anyway, from what I understand Heidi Thomas/the show are pretty rigorous about being historically accurate.

Edited by Leeds
To add "UK"
  • Love 8

Happy to have the show back, it breaks my heart like no other show around LOL

I am very, very, tired of Sister Monica Joan though, instead of losing her mind, this season she loses her faith. They have done enough with the character, let her die, or let her retire to the mother house, just let her move on.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, LittleIggy said:

I’m not really clear on Sister Julienne’s plan to make money for Nonnatus House. Is the posh clinic going to hire the nuns from NH to work there? The fact that they called some (?) nurses “sisters” muddles things more. It looks as if the plan goes pear shaped next week in any case.  
Hem length aside, I liked the habit Sister Hilda was wearing best. I liked the rolled collar.

Yes, the idea was that the Sister Emily would pay handsomely to have the Nonnatus nuns work there, and the funds would be, as Sister Julienne said, funneled back into Nonnatus House so they could maintain their community practice in Poplar. As far as Trixie being referred to as Sister, my understanding is that senior-ranking nurses traditionally had the titles of Sister and Matron in at least some parts of the UK (but being American, I’m no expert).

• Love 14
5 hours ago, caitmcg said:

As far as Trixie being referred to as Sister, my understanding is that senior-ranking nurses traditionally had the titles of Sister and Matron in at least some parts of the UK (but being American, I’m no expert).

Correct.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, GaT said:

I am very, very, tired of Sister Monica Joan though, instead of losing her mind, this season she loses her faith. They have done enough with the character, let her die, or let her retire to the mother house, just let her move on.

I couldn't agree more.  It's past time for Sister Monica Joan to go to the mother house to stay.  She takes time that could be better used by other characters.

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I couldn't agree more.  It's past time for Sister Monica Joan to go to the mother house to stay.  She takes time that could be better used by other characters.

Like, I don't want to ill wish someone, even a character, but I am ready for Sister Monica Joan to  have her last hurrah. 

On 4/18/2021 at 9:04 PM, maggiegil said:

I really like Lucille and her chap although I assumed when he wasn't able to afford the flat that we were going to see them get married and move in together or something. They were getting rather close before the church group interrupted

Kinda ready for these two to be done as well. They've been sexlessly dating/courting/in love but too proper to do more than look for way too long, to where I don't care any more. And I thought the *church* paying for his apartment/love nest was a bit self serving and out of character for all involved. 

Also kinda ready for Trixie to find something or someone. Making working in private practice will prod her along. She's worked at Nonnatus House for ten years now. She's not looking at a lot of new opportunity there.

I do like the Operation Grapple  storyline. I like the whole hunt to stop birth defects. 

I kinda want more of the younger nuns and Sister Julienne - in the books this is right around the time that the real Nonnatus House was shut down...

• Love 2
11 hours ago, GaT said:

I so agree. Judy Parfitt is a wonderful actress. I enjoy her tremendously but not as the present Sister Monica Joan. Maybe the character should just die and we could see her in people's memories, dreams, home movies, whatever. 

• Love 8

35 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Kinda ready for these two to be done as well. They've been sexlessly dating/courting/in love but too proper to do more than look for way too long, to where I don't care any more. And I thought the *church* paying for his apartment/love nest was a bit self serving and out of character for all involved. 

The only way it makes sense is that he is the pastor (I hope that's the right term) of thier church. Often times clergy get housing in exchange for thier services (the church provides a place for him to stay). When looked at in that context, it makes sense. They both seem proper, so I doubt more than dancing and possibly kissing will happen. I imagine nothing more intimate than that will happen until they get married. 

• Love 12
56 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Like, I don't want to ill wish someone, even a character, but I am ready for Sister Monica Joan to  have her last hurrah. 

I do like the Operation Grapple  storyline. I like the whole hunt to stop birth defects. 

I kinda want more of the younger nuns and Sister Julienne - in the books this is right around the time that the real Nonnatus House was shut down...

I don't mind Sister Monica Joan but her storyline of dementia was not a credit to those suffering from it. They shouldn't have started it in the first place and just have her be a bit "flighty". 

I am very interesting in the OG storyline and want to see where it goes. 

Have to agree about the younger nuns. I want to see more of them. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Sarah 103 said:

The only way it makes sense is that he is the pastor (I hope that's the right term) of thier church. Often times clergy get housing in exchange for thier services (the church provides a place for him to stay)

Yeah, it just seems very convenient that the church is suddenly needing to move and he's the pastor and there's suddenly a flat to rent that was never there before....

17 minutes ago, Sarah 103 said:

They both seem proper, so I doubt more than dancing and possibly kissing will happen. I imagine nothing more intimate than that will happen until they get married. 

There's proper and there's unrealistic. More to the point, if they are in love, what's holding them back? Pastors can be married, married women can be nurses, society approves of a man and a woman marrying.... so whats the hold up? God knows they don't have any sexual tension on screen, I question whether the actors like each other. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Yeah, it just seems very convenient that the church is suddenly needing to move and he's the pastor and there's suddenly a flat to rent that was never there before....

There's proper and there's unrealistic. More to the point, if they are in love, what's holding them back? Pastors can be married, married women can be nurses, society approves of a man and a woman marrying.... so whats the hold up? God knows they don't have any sexual tension on screen, I question whether the actors like each other. 

I'm willing to chalk up the convenience of the situation to, "it's TV, roll with it," but not everyone is and I understand that.

You raised an excellent point of what is holding them back. If they wanted to get married, no one would stop them. Everyone around them supports thier relationship. The only thing I can think of is that Cyril is worried about being able to provide for Lucille and wants more finanical stability before marrying, or maybe Lucille isn't ready to trade being a midwife for the responsibilities and obligations that come with being a pastor's wife. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

The fact that they called some (?) nurses “sisters” muddles things more.

In Britain, trained nurses went by the title, “Sister” instead of “Nurse” in front of either first or surname. Had to have changed at some point as men became qualified nurses. Sorry, should have finished the thread, as two others already commented. 

Edited by Daff
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

We're in 1966...I was 14...it was VERY different socially than it is now. There was a good bit of the rock'n'roll, free love lifestyle, but sex before marriage was still not nearly as common, especially among 'older' young adults, particularly those of strong faith.

As for Sister Monica Joan, I think we'll find she's suffering from clinical depression possibly brought on by her recent injury and the medications she's been taking along with a component of mild dementia. Early dementia can often include periods of lucidity. She may snap out of it, she may not, but I think Sister Frances will be the key.

Love the new 'habits'...but they are too short. Modern habits now are longer. Sister Frances even said one of the reasons she became a nun was so she wouldn't have to show her knees.

• Love 9

On a final humorous note, did anyone catch that the photos of the proposed habits at the end excluded the hemlines??? They specifically said they were sending the pictures to Mother Mildred!!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
Just now, CrazyMoon said:

We're in 1966...I was 14...it was VERY different socially than it is now. There was a good bit of the rock'n'roll, free love lifestyle, but sex before marriage was still not nearly as common, especially among 'older' young adults, particularly those of strong faith.

I get you, I really do. I am not even talking sex, I am talking if they are in love and dating, going steady, why not get married or even be talking of marriage and being engaged? This endless "we see each other and stare at each other and seem awkward and everyone titters how we're a couple but..." nonsense just seems a bit forced at this point. I don't need them to move in together and have hot steamy sex... but some indication that they like each other and aren't being forced to be in a relationship would be nice. And frankly they've been whatever this is for years now. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Also kinda ready for Trixie to find something or someone. Making working in private practice will prod her along. She's worked at Nonnatus House for ten years now. She's not looking at a lot of new opportunity there.

That courtship is just ridiculously drawn out and unsexy.  They don't have to live together or have sex, but they should be able to touch and indicate some degree of attraction.

Trixie is so terribly overdue for a real, serious relationship that doesn't blow up/

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Fred and Violet used to live in the flat above her store. Otherwise, the plot is just the normal stuff of TV convenience and coincidences.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, CrazyMoon said:

As for Sister Monica Joan, I think we'll find she's suffering from clinical depression possibly brought on by her recent injury and the medications she's been taking along with a component of mild dementia.

Can someone please remind me how she injured her leg?  Last season was a long time ago.  Thanks!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sarah 103 said:

The only thing I can think of is that Cyril is worried about being able to provide for Lucille and wants more finanical stability before marrying

Isn't that what was said in a past season?  He wanted to be able to reliably provide for her?  That's why he was working in a garage or something?  Pastor of a small church probably won't cut it.

1 hour ago, EllaWycliffe said:

1 hour ago, Sarah 103 said:

The church services were held in someone's flat in past seasons, maybe that's no longer available.  And lots of churches provide a parsonage for their minister.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Driad said:

Can someone please remind me how she injured her leg?  Last season was a long time ago.  Thanks!

I think they showed it briefly in a "Previously" clip before the new episode started.  She was walking up the steps and tripped because of her untied shoelace.

• Love 2

I assume the head of the Lady Emily clinic was an Ob-Gyn so why was he referred to as “mister”? I know it must be a British thing like surgeons not being called “Doctor So and So,” but I wonder what the rationale was. Dr. Turner appears to be what we would call a general practitioner, and he gets the title “Doctor.”

Cyril & Lucille are considered pillars of their community (both their Black community & the community at large). They will continue be very discreet & cautious as their relationship moves forward. Neither apparently believe in sex without marriage & commitment. Cyril won't marry until he feels he is worthy of his bride. Right now he isn't able to support a wife & family. He won't ask Lucille to wait. She's waiting by choice. So we shall wait with her.

• Love 16
15 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

Cyril & Lucille are considered pillars of their community (both their Black community & the community at large). They will continue be very discreet & cautious as their relationship moves forward. Neither apparently believe in sex without marriage & commitment. Cyril won't marry until he feels he is worthy of his bride. Right now he isn't able to support a wife & family. He won't ask Lucille to wait. She's waiting by choice. So we shall wait with her.

Sure, but are they like the Duggars?  Can't hug, kiss or even hold hands?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LittleIggy said:

I assume the head of the Lady Emily clinic was an Ob-Gyn so why was he referred to as “mister”? I know it must be a British thing like surgeons not being called “Doctor So and So,” but I wonder what the rationale was. Dr. Turner appears to be what we would call a general practitioner, and he gets the title “Doctor.”

I presume that he was an OB-GYN surgeon and as such entitled to the 'Mister' honorific rather than 'Doctor'. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

Cyril won't marry until he feels he is worthy of his bride. Right now he isn't able to support a wife & family. He won't ask Lucille to wait. She's waiting by choice. So we shall wait with her.

It just makes for dull tv particularly when neither actor lights the skies on fire with performance. There's also a point where I feel like asking the question - why is Cyril such a crap employee that he can't afford to marry? Part of the problem I have with Cyril is that he's such a boring character. He's a hard worker, he's so noble to wait for marriage, he's apparently a great mechanic and a great pastor and everyone loves Cyril and thinks he's the bees knees but... he's a little too ideal to be so impoverished. 

And after three years, Cyril and Lucille primly standing three feet apart as they expand on how they love God and have principles and sorry, but either they need to go or something needs to happen. Its boring. 

5 minutes ago, Suzn said:

Sure, but are they like the Duggars?  Can't hug, kiss or even hold hands?

Yeah not over fond of them, either. 

Add in the fact that the actors just arent that good so its not like watching Downton Abbey where Mary and Matthew fairly writhed with sexual tension despite not marrying for TEN YEARS...

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

It just makes for dull tv particularly when neither actor lights the skies on fire with performance. There's also a point where I feel like asking the question - why is Cyril such a crap employee that he can't afford to marry? Part of the problem I have with Cyril is that he's such a boring character. He's a hard worker, he's so noble to wait for marriage, he's apparently a great mechanic and a great pastor and everyone loves Cyril and thinks he's the bees knees but... he's a little too ideal to be so impoverished. 

And after three years, Cyril and Lucille primly standing three feet apart as they expand on how they love God and have principles and sorry, but either they need to go or something needs to happen. Its boring. 

Yeah not over fond of them, either. 

Add in the fact that the actors just arent that good so its not like watching Downton Abbey where Mary and Matthew fairly writhed with sexual tension despite not marrying for TEN YEARS...

You absolutely nailed why watching Cyril and Lucille is tiresome.  They don't even seem like real people.  I think it is a failure both in writing and acting.

I mentioned the Duggars as an example of the epitome of chaste courting, not anything admirable or interesting.

• Love 3
On 10/4/2021 at 9:21 AM, EllaWycliffe said:

And I thought the *church* paying for his apartment/love nest was a bit self serving and out of character for all involved. 

I got the impression that the church was rationalizing its financing of the flat because they were planning to hold their services there. I don't think they would have gone along with the scheme if it was just going to be Cyril's residence.

Edited by J-Man
  • Love 7

I'm just looking forward to seeing Cyril's apartment/parsonage/sanctuary after he's put out all those knick-knacks the ladies gave him. Poor man. He can't hurt anyone's feelings by leaving their ceramic cats and angel dolls in the box.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

he's a little too ideal to be so impoverished. 

Watch Steve McQueen’s anthology ‘Small Axe’ for a hint of what life was like for people from the Caribbean in 1960’s Britain.

They touched on it briefly with the difficulties Mrs. Wallace/the church had renting a space.  Sadly, it’s very realistic that Cyril would not be making much.  He’s a civil engineer who has to work as a mechanic.

Having said that, I hate to agree, but Cyril & Lucille are a dull couple with no obvious chemistry.

Edited by McKavity
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, caitmcg said:

Fred and Violet used to live in the flat above her store. Otherwise, the plot is just the normal stuff of TV convenience and coincidences

Sometime last season or maybe the Christmas Special, Violet and Fred opened a tobacco shop in a building around the corner from Violet's.  I think the new flat is over the new shop.  

8 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

As for Sister Monica Joan, I think we'll find she's suffering from clinical depression possibly brought on by her recent injury and the medications she's been taking along with a component of mild dementia. Early dementia can often include periods of lucidity. She may snap out of it, she may not, but I think Sister Frances will be the key.

Don't hate me but I LOVE Sister Monica Joan.  I think her wandering and stealing were attributed to her being ill.  When she gets a fever, her mental state takes a big hit and she loses touch with reality.  This is not to say she isn't stubborn and will manipulate to get her way.  I admire this about her.  If not for these character traits she never would have been able to break free of her controlling mother and upper class life in order to serve God and those in need.  Sister Monica Joan's biggest fear is to be of no use to others.  Sister Monica Joan's crisis of faith/depression is heartbreaking to watch.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, Ceindreadh said:

I presume that he was an OB-GYN surgeon and as such entitled to the 'Mister' honorific rather than 'Doctor'. 

I read up on that British Mister/Surgeon thing some more after I posted, and it appears that the prior distinction between “surgeons” and “doctors” no longer exists (they both go to medical school). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I just watched S10 Ep 1, and feel like I really have missed something. I did see Season 9, and at the end of the season they were at the Outer Hebrides, with the villagers having fits over Christmas trees. Now with the first show of the new season, it said "previously" and showed Sr MJ falling down the stairs, Val leaving, Cyril having no church and no place to live, and Sr Julienne faced with the house closure. When did all this happen? Now Sr MJ has lost her faith. First off, there is no way a 90 year old woman, after breaking her leg in two places, and not a hip, is  soon strolling around the house. Secondly, why has she lost her faith, and by this time, who cares? I so agree with those who are so over her tribulations, and that dementia doesn't improve at convenient moments.

I also agree that Lucille's and Cyril's relationship is ridiculous. They would be allowed to express feelings appropriately but I don't think they have even ever touched! It's like they  have huge force fields around them or something. I agree that the third nun habit would have been made of some magic material to first have fit Sr MJ, who as said can walk fine after fracturing her leg, and then the tall nun, and then Violet!

I didn't think the plot of the show was that great, but I saw on the preview that the wealthy patient is going to be back with a complication. I really dislike Trixie and her attitude that she knows more and better than everyone.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Sometime last season or maybe the Christmas Special, Violet and Fred opened a tobacco shop in a building around the corner from Violet's.  I think the new flat is over the new shop. 

Isn't the tobacco shop what the Irish family bought just before the guy died in a car wreck, and Nurse Crane and Barbara.. Barbara....😢 saved them from a fire? They lived in the apartment above the shop?

• Love 5