Jump to content

Type keyword(s) to search

S09E11: The Waiting Game


druzy
  • Reply
  • Start Topic

Recommended Posts

Cheyenne is nervous for the results of Zach’s genetic test that will determine whether their unborn child will have VLCAD.  After not going to Leah’s birthday party, Amber tries to repair the damage caused by her absence.  Catelynn and Tyler seek advice on their relationship.

Airs April 6, 2021

  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

On 4/3/2021 at 7:51 PM, druzy said:

After not going to Leah’s birthday party, Amber tries to repair the damage caused by her absence. 

Do you think the producers are pushing for this on camera reconciliation to rehab Amber's image for the sake of her role on the show?  They sure kiss her ass and defend her all the time, I wouldn't be surprised if they drove this one for their own purposes. I do not believe they give a rat's ass about any of the kids involved in this shit show.

  • Love 7
Link to comment

Wow. I really loathe Dawn.  She really keeps pushing this 'relationship' with Carly against her adoptive parent's apparent wishes.  And Cait and Tyler make no effort whatsoever to contact the adoptive parents to see or send things to Carly but they seem to think it will magically happen on the other end.

Never has adoption looked so terrible than in this series. From birth parents and adoptive parents perspective, IMO. Thanks for that, Dawn.

  • Love 16
Link to comment
55 minutes ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Wow. I really loathe Dawn.  She really keeps pushing this 'relationship' with Carly against her adoptive parent's apparent wishes.  And Cait and Tyler make no effort whatsoever to contact the adoptive parents to see or send things to Carly but they seem to think it will magically happen on the other end.

Never has adoption looked so terrible than in this series. From birth parents and adoptive parents perspective, IMO. Thanks for that, Dawn.

I always had the feeling Dawn hangs around hoping for another white baby from Cate and Tyler.

Also Mackenzie's kids are feral.

  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 12
Link to comment

Zack's brother, Conner...call me! Boy is finer than frog hair!

About damn time Kristina put Amber on blast. She has gone above and beyond for Amber( i wish I would clean another able-bodied woman's home) , treated Leah like her child, supported Amber through her legal trouble and Amber in true Amber fashion gives Kristina her ass to kiss! 

  • Love 20
Link to comment

I haven't watched the whole ep yet but in the "previously on TM" segment, I finally remembered who Amber reminded me of when she was yelling at her brother...Kathy Bates in Misery !  "WHAT'S THE MATTER? I'll tell you "what's the matter." I go out of my way for you. I do everything to try and make you happy. I feed you, I clean you, I dress you, and what thanks do I get? "Oh, you bought the wrong paper, Annie, I can't write on this paper, Annie." Well, I'll get your stupid paper but you just better start showing me a little appreciation around here, Mr. MAN."

  • LOL 19
  • Love 4
Link to comment

Tyler seems to be acting more & more like Butch without the drugs.  He can’t express  thought without screaming and this is with cameras rolling.  Meanwhile, Dawn just wants camera time - I’m sure she isn’t following other families 112 years later. She is a terrible person to be advocating for open adoptions, because if I thought that I would be stalked by the birth parents for all these years,I certainly would think twice before agreeing to that.

  • Love 19
Link to comment

Cate just seems completely checked out this season. Dawn is the worst. My niece is adopted, biological parents even more screwed up than Cate and Tyler, and they've managed the whole open adoption thing. Cate is lazy and Tyler doesn't like being told no.

Amber is going to attack Kristina even more after this episode but both Kristina and Leah spoke the truth. Amber's really trying to repair her relationship with Leah what with her grand plan to be even more absent in order to make Leah miss her and prove they have a bond.

Ryan will use the fact that evil Maci picked the therapist to flake.

  • Love 15
Link to comment

2 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

I always had the feeling Dawn hangs around hoping for another white baby from Cate and Tyler.

Also Mackenzie's kids are feral.

Feral is the pet description. Mackenzie and josh are very selfish people. Mackenzie is incredibly needy and burdens her kids with things they can't understand. When she calls her mom. The kids were like WTF. 

  • Love 10
Link to comment

Zach's brother was smoking hot for sure, wow !!!

In all seriousness, Gary needs a security system at his home to protect his family from Psycho Amber. She is insane and her mom and brother know it, too. 

Carly will not want her lazy slob birth parents at her wedding which hopefully happen for at least 10-15 years anyway. 

I agree with Ryan about the counselor possibly not being neutral. Maybe Bentley 's pediatrician, assuming he didnt find Dr. Ed, can recommend someone both Maci and Ryan (not Maci and Taylor) approve of. Ryan is also right that sometimes a counselor just isnt a good fit.

But the cake smashing at Larry's party seemed....mean spirited.

MacKenzie's children really have been thru a lot in a short time. Sad.

  • Love 4
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

I always had the feeling Dawn hangs around hoping for another white baby from Cate and Tyler.

Also Mackenzie's kids are feral.

LOL..yes cuz “they miss their dad”. Lol oh Mackenzie. 

  • Love 8
Link to comment

2 hours ago, Evie said:

 

Amber is going to attack Kristina even more after this episode but both Kristina and Leah spoke the truth. Amber's really trying to repair her relationship with Leah what with her grand plan to be even more absent in order to make Leah miss her and prove they have a bond.

 

She is one sick fuck.

  • Useful 2
  • Love 13
Link to comment

Hold on, Amber is treating Leah like a fuckboi that you hope misses you when you’re not around?

did Mackenzie’s kid suddenly get sick to his stomach?  That I could almost forgive, it’s hard to control that, especially for a little kid

Cate & Ty, I’m kinda thinking the Carly ship has sailed.  It’d be weird to start a relationship now, no?

I hope Maci was serious about taking the focus off Bentley.

and finally, somehow Cheyenne, who has a kid with a potentially life-threatening condition, is my pleasant little distraction.

yet I will never not watch....
 


 

 

  • Love 5
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Evie said:

Cate just seems completely checked out this season. Dawn is the worst. My niece is adopted, biological parents even more screwed up than Cate and Tyler, and they've managed the whole open adoption thing. Cate is lazy and Tyler doesn't like being told no.

Amber is going to attack Kristina even more after this episode but both Kristina and Leah spoke the truth. Amber's really trying to repair her relationship with Leah what with her grand plan to be even more absent in order to make Leah miss her and prove they have a bond.

Ryan will use the fact that evil Maci picked the therapist to flake.

Yes! About Ryan...I was def thinking the same thing about Ryan!!! 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

So production is getting sloppier sequencing their segments.   In the beginning the Big Pile O'Crap at Maci's seems to be gone at last!.  But during the debrief/ report about Larry's birthday it's back.   And the rest of the shots were tight so I couldn't seen any background.   Or more likely the first scene was shot before the Big Pile O'crap existed.

Then when Cate and Ty are on their front porch talking about Carly it's obviously summer and Cate is even wearing a cotton tank top.  Next scene she is taking a letter to the mailbox and there is snow on the ground.  

Riley depositing her gum all over the IPad cracked me up.  Bronxs (Broncs?) clearly overwhelmed and regressing by having an accident at Mackenzie's boss's house just made me sad.  

I'm not sure how Gary + Amber = a child as bright and articulate as Leah but the best thing Gary ever did was introduce Kristina into her life.

 

 

 

  • Love 16
Link to comment

Amber is reality tv GOLD!  GOLD I tell ya!

14 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

I'm not sure how Gary + Amber = a child as bright and articulate as Leah but the best thing Gary ever did was introduce Kristina into her life.

Amen.  That child is remarkable both for her ability to articulate what she's feeling, and maybe especially able to do so in the face of Gary's trying to talk her into giving Amber "one more chance."  Go, Leah!  She is not going to let anyone, even her father, talk her out of feeling and expressing what she feels.  She is extraordinary.

And my god, if Leah is 12 now, how old was she when Amber staged the leg-shaving party?  Eight? 

Not MacKenzie but the other Mac, the one in FL, Cheyenne--virtually all these teen parents--don't have the sense to try to protect their children from their own neuroses and bad judgments.  And Tyler, responding to the vile Dawn's suggestion that it's his and Caitlyn's role to ask for contact with Carly, yelling "Constantly!" illustrates the immaturity and self-involvement that saved Carly's life by her getting to live with actual adult parents.

Has anybody heard Cheyenne's and her sister's podcast about BLM?  I look at these privileged, light-skinned, beautiful, rich young women and think of all the wisdom they have to impart to people of color whose very lives are in danger if they wear a damned hoodie after dark.

  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
Link to comment

(edited)

Omg poor Leah. I feel really bad watching this.

Don't get me started on Dawn and these shady ass adoptions in general. 

Conner can fucking call me. GOTDAMN!

Edited by Emkat
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

Zach's brother was smoking hot for sure, wow !!!

In all seriousness, Gary needs a security system at his home to protect his family from Psycho Amber. She is insane and her mom and brother know it, too. 

 

I agree with Ryan about the counselor possibly not being neutral. Maybe Bentley 's pediatrician, assuming he didnt find Dr. Ed, can recommend someone both Maci and Ryan (not Maci and Taylor) approve of. Ryan is also right that sometimes a counselor just isnt a good fit.

 

I disagree.  

This is the therapist that Bentley has been seeing and seems to be comfortable with.  Speaking from personal experience, it can be VERY hard to find a therapist that the child is comfortable with.  

Once again, Ryan is prioritizing his feelings over his sons.

Ryan can suck a bag of dicks. 

  • LOL 1
  • Love 21
Link to comment
1 minute ago, chuckity said:

I disagree.  

This is the therapist that Bentley has been seeing and seems to be comfortable with.  Speaking from personal experience, it can be VERY hard to find a therapist that the child is comfortable with.  

Once again, Ryan is prioritizing his feelings over his sons.

Ryan can suck a bag of dicks. 

Ryan’s going to bitch about any therapist that he sees - because they will point out that he needs to change his behavior and do some personal work, and he’s absolutely not going to do that. 

  • Love 13
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

I agree with Ryan about the counselor possibly not being neutral. Maybe Bentley 's pediatrician, assuming he didnt find Dr. Ed, can recommend someone both Maci and Ryan (not Maci and Taylor) approve of. Ryan is also right that sometimes a counselor just isnt a good fit.

But Ryan's never met the man, never mind had an actual session with him, so he has no idea whatsoever whether he's a good fit. 

As for neutrality, counselors have an obligation to be neutral, and to assume otherwise, based only on the fact that somebody else (even your enemy) picked the counselor, is an insult to the profession.  Not all counselors manage to remain neutral, and sometimes they turn out not to be a good fit, but it's obvious that all of Ryan's objections are based on the fact that Maci picked him, and that's just bogus.  More important should be that, as @chuckity pointed out, Bentley's comfortable with him.  Case closed. 

 

2 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Riley depositing her gum all over the IPad cracked me up. 

I think I have PTSD from watching Cheyenne going after it with a metal knife. 

  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
Link to comment
(edited)
13 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

And you know Ryan won’t lift a finger to find another therapist that he likes. He’s just going to complain and make Maci do the work. 

Of course not. He most likely isn't even doing AA or Al Anon or any kind of maintenance therapy for his substance abuse issues. Maci is the Boogie Man, the Devil Incarnate...she is the source of all his problems including his non relationship with his son. This guy is the classic addict. Blame every problem and even your addictions on someone else and never take ownership of anything. Now he's convinced his family that Maci is the problem...not him. Mac throwing her hands up saying she just wants his relationship to be normal again after she has consistently bashed Bentley's mother on TV and never holds Ryan responsible for anything is LOL pathetic. She's a classic codependent enabler. And BTW...Ryan looked high as hell last night...he can barely put two words together to form a sentance.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Love 12
Link to comment

2 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

So production is getting sloppier sequencing their segments.   In the beginning the Big Pile O'Crap at Maci's seems to be gone at last!.  But during the debrief/ report about Larry's birthday it's back.   And the rest of the shots were tight so I couldn't seen any background.   Or more likely the first scene was shot before the Big Pile O'crap existed.

Then when Cate and Ty are on their front porch talking about Carly it's obviously summer and Cate is even wearing a cotton tank top.  Next scene she is taking a letter to the mailbox and there is snow on the ground.  

Riley depositing her gum all over the IPad cracked me up.  Bronxs (Broncs?) clearly overwhelmed and regressing by having an accident at Mackenzie's boss's house just made me sad.  

I'm not sure how Gary + Amber = a child as bright and articulate as Leah but the best thing Gary ever did was introduce Kristina into her life.

 

 

 

Good eye! You're right...the production and editing sucks on this show...maybe it's all being done virtually now wih a skeleton crew. Whatever, there's no excuse for such blatant errors.

 

  • Love 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

So production is getting sloppier sequencing their segments.   In the beginning the Big Pile O'Crap at Maci's seems to be gone at last!.  But during the debrief/ report about Larry's birthday it's back.   And the rest of the shots were tight so I couldn't seen any background.   Or more likely the first scene was shot before the Big Pile O'crap existed.

Then when Cate and Ty are on their front porch talking about Carly it's obviously summer and Cate is even wearing a cotton tank top.  Next scene she is taking a letter to the mailbox and there is snow on the ground.  

Riley depositing her gum all over the IPad cracked me up.  Bronxs (Broncs?) clearly overwhelmed and regressing by having an accident at Mackenzie's boss's house just made me sad.  

I'm not sure how Gary + Amber = a child as bright and articulate as Leah but the best thing Gary ever did was introduce Kristina into her life.

 

 

 

Also in one segment Gary was clean-shaven talking to Leah and the next he was fully bearded talking to Kristina.

  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Good eye! You're right...the production and editing sucks on this show...maybe it's all being done virtually now wih a skeleton crew. Whatever, there's no excuse for such blatant errors.

I interpret "error" as a mistake, or something done inadvertently.  There's nothing inadvertent about how these shows are edited, continuity be damned.

Also, is that vape pen glued to Ryan's fingers?

  • Love 2
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Amber quantifying her relationship with her preteen daughter by how often she views her Snapchat pictures is all I need to know about her as a “mother” and human being.  She can talk all the shit about Kristina that she wants, but love her or hate her, Kristina is raising Amber’s child for her and Amber should begin and end every sentence about her with two words: Thank you.  She gets to spend 15 hours in bed each day and the remaining nine hours on social media courtesy of Gary and Kristina.  Leah may be only 12-years-old, but that child has wisdom beyond her years.  Her ability to clearly verbalize her thoughts and feelings puts some adults I know to shame.  She won’t fully understand the dynamics at play with her mother until she’s much older, but I’m hoping that her solid support system will ensure that the inevitable fallout from Amber’s bullshit is minimal.  This relationship is yet another reason why this show needs to end.

And here we have Dawn slithering back in to inflict even more psychological damage on these two overgrown children.  Catelynn and Tyler desperately need to be slapped upside the head with some cold, hard facts, starting with this one: They are not Carly’s parents.  I don’t blame Brandon and Theresa one bit for setting hard boundaries.  The worst part of the whole thing is that Catelynn and Tyler have another biological daughter who is literally failing out of school and can’t read, partly because they’re too busy goofing around, learning how to microblade, and living out their extended childhoods on a TV show.  There is some acceptance that needs to happen here and their predator adoption counselor truly isn’t helping by continuing to shine them on.

Mackenzie: She exercised on camera and her kid pooped in someone’s garage.

Cheyenne: Does ANYONE on this show know how to save adult conversations for after the kids go to bed?  Good Lord.

Maci: Free Bentley. 

Leah isn't having any of it anymore with Amber. Amber isn't a mother. She gave birth and then checked out so she could party, get high and date. Leah accurately described how she sees Amber and it was heartbreaking. Amber lashing out at Kristina was infuriating. Gary should have stood up for his wife and told Amber to STFU...Kristina has gone above and beyond for Leah and loves her like her own. And yeah Amber...shes does the all the boring Mom stuff like taking your daughter to dental appointments, doctor appointments, to school, etc..stuff you've never done or even asked to do. Amber doesn't even make any attempts to be a mom. She just wants mani/pedi playdates, lunches and sleepovers. And even when she has had sleepovers she spends her time actually sleeping for most of the time...no popcorn/movie nights or baking cookies and doing a crafting project together...so many things you can do that can help with a bonding problem. But that would require Amber to actually get off her ass and be present. 

  • Love 14
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Amber called Kristina a “home wrecking skank” on social media, on Easter Sunday.

OMG! First off...when Kristina came into Gary's life, Gary and Amber were caput. She and Gary never had a home together...they never married and hardly even lived together. So she thinks calling Kristina names on social media will help her with Leah? Wow...she's such a low life asshole. Kristina is a saint.

  • Love 17
Link to comment

(edited)

Couple of take aways from last night...

Tyler has a lot of anger and rage at everything. His resentment and belligerency towards the adoptive parents of Carly is beyond the pale. This open adoption was agreed upon by both parties...it was explained, defined and they signed on the dotted line. Brandon and Teresa were more than generous with sharing Carly's life with them and made overtures early on to meet with them and have Carly be a part of their lives if even in a limited capacity. But that was never enough for them and they expressed their displeasure on social media thereby drawing unwanted attention to Carly which is something Brandon and Teresa did not want...and appropriately pulled back on the visits. Tyler has been the main driver of this schism and continues to react inappropriately and angrily to them. He behaves as if he has legal rights to Carly which he does not. Brandon and Teresa have good reason to want to limit Carly's one on one with them...I would too. Tyler and Cate have had mental health issues and both come from dysfunctional, substance abusing families that are still in disarray. Carly will have the opportunity when she is 18 to decide whether or not she wants to continue to forge a relationship with her siblings and birth parents. Until then, why not take care of the kids you have now and the one on the way (I still can't believe they are having another kid)...Nova and Vaeda are starving for positive attention from these two nudniks who do nothing but sit around and complain about just about everything. They should be thanking Brandon and Teresa for adopting Carly and giving her decent start in life. After watching this series from its inception, I can honestly say it has shown me plenty of negatives about "open adoption"...and Dawn the adoption counselor seems to be pushing a relationship with Carly that Tyler and Cate don't seem to fully understand. They are bio parents...not the legal guardians. No rights to Carly or how she's being raised...something they have overstepped several times. Tyler needs to STFU.

Cheyenne: I was appalled at the outburst at her sister when she was describing her pregnancy discomforts...OMG! Yelling  "It's not about you!!!" was really disgusting and mean. Cheyenne is a diva and self centered, self absorbed brat. All this angst about whether her unborn child will have the same genetic issues that Ryder has is just about Cheyenne...her need for everyone to pay attention to her...she knew this will always be a possibility for any other children she may have so why the drama? I'm sorry but Zach is just a sperm donor for this spoiled brat. She has an agenda and he fit the first item on the agenda...he got her pregnant. I feel badly for this guy...she doesn't love him. Her Mother was just sitting there and didn't say anything when Cheyenne barked at her other daughter? That says alot about her sister's place in this family...second fiddle all the time.

Mac...I think it was very telling that her boss talked about his son being autustic and that getting help and therapy early on was essential for healthy development. He's an experienced parent of a child on the Spectrum and knows these behaviors well. It is true that Broncs (stupid name BTW) could be acting out of distress due to the move, death of his grandmother, dysfunction in the family and the pandemic but he also could very well be on the Spectrum. Mac is going to be alone on getting him help whatever the diagnosis because her POS husband is an uneducated toxic waste of space. Also...I don't understand why she had to move to Florida since everything she is doing could be done  virtually...Zoom meetings with her boss and workout instructional training videos...I just don't get the urgency for her to uproot her family to do this. 

 

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Love 11
Link to comment
36 minutes ago, WahooLAH99 said:

Ty lost me totally when he said “they raised out daughter” he still does not get it! They are not babysitters! They ARE her parents! She is their daughter! And the reason you don’t know how to control yourself if because you have never had a job or anything to hold you accountable. If you had done one honest day of work in you life, you would know you can’t just tell your boss to go f themselves. But since you do nothing but sit on your butt all day or go on vacation you have no clue!

PREACH!

  • Love 6
Link to comment
3 hours ago, chuckity said:

I disagree.  

This is the therapist that Bentley has been seeing and seems to be comfortable with.  Speaking from personal experience, it can be VERY hard to find a therapist that the child is comfortable with.  

Once again, Ryan is prioritizing his feelings over his sons.

Ryan can suck a bag of dicks. 

This is about Bentley but Ryan is an abusive narcissistic asshole so he has to contaminate the waters by saying he doesn’t trust Maci and her counselor selection while his wife just sits there agreeing with him.  Yeah Maci picked the therapist but probably got a referral from her pediatrician. Which begs the question...has Ryan ever accompanied Bentley to one doctors appointment for any of his kids?  I’m guessing no. I’m sure he’s the one that goes to the Vet appointments for the pampered pooch that’s always being coddled on his lap.

Bentley likes his therapist and has built a good therapeutic bond with him. That should be sufficient explanation enough for Ryan and he needs to shut his pie hole now and do the right thing by his son.

  • Love 9
Link to comment
17 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

In all seriousness, Gary needs a security system at his home to protect his family from Psycho Amber. She is insane and her mom and brother know it, too. 

No worries.  GarBear knows Amber will never get off her couch, somehow get a ride one hour away, just to attack his family when she can sit on her ass and do it via social media. 

  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10
Link to comment

Add me to the Conner fan club. He was really cute!

Leah and Kristina were speaking some truths and I loved it.

3 hours ago, WahooLAH99 said:

Ty lost me totally when he said “they raised out daughter” he still does not get it! They are not babysitters! They ARE her parents! She is their daughter! And the reason you don’t know how to control yourself if because you have never had a job or anything to hold you accountable. If you had done one honest day of work in you life, you would know you can’t just tell your boss to go f themselves. But since you do nothing but sit on your butt all day or go on vacation you have no clue!

Exactly!! They really need to be hit with some hard truths because after all these years they still don't get it.  I have no idea what Tyler was trying to say on the porch, he was talking all over the place as usual

  • Love 6
Link to comment

4 hours ago, MaggieG said:

 

Exactly!! They really need to be hit with some hard truths because after all these years they still don't get it.  I have no idea what Tyler was trying to say on the porch, he was talking all over the place as usual

Yeah, he was. But I kind of get where he was going. He feels judged. He feels unaccepted. We don't know all the reasons why. Some of it could be feeling self conscious around the quintessential "perfect family" when his life has been so different. Some of it could actually be based on something that's happened or been said. Or maybe it's a sign that he really needs to work on some things, and instead of doing that he's putting up defenses and blaming everybody else. 

  • Love 7
Link to comment
9 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

OMG! First off...when Kristina came into Gary's life, Gary and Amber were caput. She and Gary never had a home together...they never married and hardly even lived together. So she thinks calling Kristina names on social media will help her with Leah? Wow...she's such a low life asshole. Kristina is a saint.

Wasn’t Kristina married to someone else when she met Gary?

  • Love 2
Link to comment
15 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Wasn’t Kristina married to someone else when she met Gary?

I think you’re right but maybe they were separated? If she was married, then technically, wouldn’t Gary be the home wrecker?

5 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Add me to the Conner fan club. He was really cute!

Leah and Kristina were speaking some truths and I loved it.

Exactly!! They really need to be hit with some hard truths because after all these years they still don't get it.  I have no idea what Tyler was trying to say on the porch, he was talking all over the place as usual

He seems manic to me.

  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
Link to comment
12 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Wasn’t Kristina married to someone else when she met Gary?

Yes she was, so she's a cheater and Gary a homewrecker. Amber was calling Kristina a homewrecker for wrecking the family Amber claims she was promised when she got out of prison. Gary did lead her on while she was in prison, but that's on Gary, not Kristina. 

  • Love 5
Link to comment
On 4/6/2021 at 10:11 PM, Evie said:

Amber is going to attack Kristina even more after this episode but both Kristina and Leah spoke the truth. Amber's really trying to repair her relationship with Leah what with her grand plan to be even more absent in order to make Leah miss her and prove they have a bond.

SHOCKINGLY, Amber did a crazy, drugged-out IG live in which she called Leah a liar and went in on Kristina and Gary, blaming them for all of her problems with Leah and calling K a whore. She also said that K doesn't take care of Leah and that she's upset about how G & K spoil Leah. She did all of this knowing that Leah looks at her SM. Which isn't really surprising because Amber has no fucks to give about Leah's feelings or well-being, but still.

On 4/7/2021 at 9:26 AM, Cosmocrush said:

 I'm not sure how Gary + Amber = a child as bright and articulate as Leah but the best thing Gary ever did was introduce Kristina into her life.

I know, right! Leah is amazingly smart and articulate. I hope she's able to stay on a good path and overcome the trauma from her horrific birth mom. I get where Gary's coming from telling Leah that she shouldn't write her mom off , but Amber is so toxic that it might be in Leah's best interest to sever all ties or have a very limited relationship with her. It's one thing for a kid to put effort into a relationship with a mentally ill parent who actually cares about them and is willing to do the work to build a good relationship, but Amber is a toxic, narcissistic mess who is probably incapable of being a positive presence in Leah's life.

On 4/7/2021 at 11:55 AM, MargeGunderson said:

Ryan’s going to bitch about any therapist that he sees - because they will point out that he needs to change his behavior and do some personal work, and he’s absolutely not going to do that. 

I think Ryan successfully "therapist shopped" to find one who didn't require him to take responsibility for his addiction or bad behavior and, instead, agreed to (and got Ryan's family to buy into) a narrative in which Ryan is basically fine and everyone else is responsible for his issues. He did drugs because his parents "triggered" him (so they have to learn how to stop triggering him). He was a shitty father because Maci is a bitch (so he doesn't have to be a better dad until Maci stops being a bitch). He can still drink and do prescription drugs even though he's "sober" and everyone has to understand that that's fine, no matter how obvious is that he's high all the time and not a functioning adult. So he wants to do the same thing with Bentley's therapist and find someone who will work with Ryan to convince Bentley that it's somehow all Maci's fault that Ryan has been such a shitty dad and that any bad feelings B has around his relationship with Ryan are a result of him being confused and falling for Maci's lies. I feel really bad for Bentley.

  • Love 8
Link to comment
7 hours ago, TheRealT said:

SHOCKINGLY, Amber did a crazy, drugged-out IG live in which she called Leah a liar and went in on Kristina and Gary, blaming them for all of her problems with Leah and calling K a whore. She also said that K doesn't take care of Leah and that she's upset about how G & K spoil Leah. She did all of this knowing that Leah looks at her SM. Which isn't really surprising because Amber has no fucks to give about Leah's feelings or well-being, but still.

 

I don't follow her at all and just read about her here but this is indeed a new low. And that's saying something!

  • Love 6
Link to comment

I’m not 100% sure, but wasn’t there an episode when Leah was younger and Amber was with Matt that she bought Leah hundreds of dollars worth of clothes for school (but they weren’t what Leah needed for school)? And Amber conveniently forgets that she’s been known to take Leah for mani/pedis herself. But she doesn’t spoil Leah at all! It’s only spoiling if Kristina does it. The only bright spot of this is that Amber is too delusional and stupid to shut her mouth. Instead she shows her true colors over and over again. 

  • Love 9
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...