Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E12: Irene's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

I need to look into air fryers. I don’t want to spend a lot in case I don’t use it. I don’t eat meat so it would be for all my veggies and maybe tofu. 

I didn't eat meat when I got my first one (I'm on my 3rd) and it was fine. You can try out a smaller one for <$70, but I think you'll like it so much, you should probably get a regular sized one for $80-110.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

I need to look into air fryers. I don’t want to spend a lot in case I don’t use it. I don’t eat meat so it would be for all my veggies and maybe tofu. 

I spent about $65 fro mine, I think, but it was on special for Christmas. I didn't even want one, I got one for my son for Xmas. I ordered one, got my confirmation, then got an email saying it was on backorder, and that if I didn't want to wait, to do nothing and the order would be cancelled. So I did nothing and found one at another store. You know the rest. A week later, after I received shipping notification on the second one, I got a cheerful email saying my item was off backorder and on the way! Rather than faff around with trying to return one, I kept one. and I LOVE it. I use it probably 3 or 4 times a week. 

1 minute ago, fonfereksglen said:

Roasted tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper then topped with a balsamic glaze.  Perfection.

Or a little red pepper flakes and lemon. Delish. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

I think they filmed this entire episode in a month. Irene never weighed "603 pounds." The apartment isn't hers. COVID was in full swing long before they ever started filming and conveniently used that as some "event" that dramatically altered Irene's "journey." 

This show is such bullshit. 

I wonder if they filmed the first half years ago and then gave up on her. But when COVID started, they went back to her because she was in Houston and they had an hour in the can. She clearly hasn’t made any progress and will never get surgery, but she fulfills the contract for a certain number of shows.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Irene walks pretty well for her size. I missed it, how old is she?

39.  She must be tall, right?  I didn't think she would be over 600 lbs at the beginning of this episode.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Amazing how aging works. I can't imagine going out trolling for sex like Brittany is advertising. I've turned into Ouisa from Steel Magnolias, minus the money.

She trolls old rich dudes. Maybe there's still a chance for wealth.

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

I didn't eat meat when I got my first one (I'm on my 3rd) and it was fine. You can try out a smaller one for <$70, but I think you'll like it so much, you should probably get a regular sized one for $80-110.

Mine is a bit small, I will probably get a bigger one somewhere down the line. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

In a gym. 

During a pandemic.

No masks on ANYONE. 

I'm done. 

And they were so physically close to one another.  It was bizarre.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, aliya said:

I had to go take my fresh-baked bread out. I made a loaf for my son 'cause that's the kind of mom I am. 😇  

It took me a WHILE and a lot of experiments before I made good bread 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I've turned into Ouisa from Steel Magnolias, minus the money.

I'm not crazy, M'Lynn, I've just been in a very bad mood for 40 years! 

Now I'm coughing. I've caught what Irene has.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I like broccoli, and I ADORE asparagus. Now that I have an air fryer I always have it--I roast it up with a tiny bit of olive oil and kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. I love bags of salad and those little grape tomatoes. 

I love asparagus! Steamed, roasted, with Hollandaise, with lemon juice, in a savory tart, cream of asparagus soup, in risotto. My sister grows it in her garden and is very nice about sharing. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, babyhouseman said:

I'm not crazy, M'Lynn, I've just been in a very bad mood for 40 years! 

Now I'm coughing. I've caught what Irene has.

Damn Good Movie!!!  "I love you more than my luggage!"

Edited by MsVixen
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I like broccoli, and I ADORE asparagus. Now that I have an air fryer I always have it--I roast it up with a tiny bit of olive oil and kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. I love bags of salad and those little grape tomatoes. 

OMG my husband brought home a bundle of asparagus last week. The spears were tiny (slim), smaller around than my little finger, so they cooked in  90 seconds.  Butter and lemon juice. We had two days worth.  

• Love 3
Just now, umgoblue said:

She is on her way to wheelchairing in a parking lot territory. Or in the drive-thru.

Calling Janine...Calling Janine

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 6.49.38 PM.png

Hahahaa! I forgot about her!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I think they filmed this entire episode in a month. Irene never weighed "603 pounds." The apartment isn't hers. COVID was in full swing long before they ever started filming and conveniently used that as some "event" that dramatically altered Irene's "journey." 

This show is such bullshit. 

I have noticed that she's had the same random fake nails missing for the entire 7 months.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

It took me a WHILE and a lot of experiments before I made good bread 

I got a machine. Sorry to spoil the illusion. 

Edited by aliya
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

It wonderful. I put on Roast,400 degrees. 8 minutes. Yum. 

Okay, now that's the same with me and my oven. I'm trying to justify another thing to put on my counter 

I love broccoli and asparagus but they cause me....intestinal distress and many bathroom breaks

You and me both. The older I get, the more items get added to my "eat sparingly" column.

Edited by mmecorday
  • Love 5