Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: The Devil's Work

renatae
  • Start Topic

Mike and Natalie try therapy; Jovi's father questions Yara; Tarik and Hazel worry about Harrey; Stephanie upsets Ryan with her psychic's prediction; Andrew has another plan; Rebecca is jealous when Zied gets female attention.

6 hours ago, renatae said:

Jovi's parents, so critical of her lack of excitement about being in New Orleans, are upset that she wants to move to Europe. First, they could not stop yapping about the fact they felt she is only interested in him so she can live here. Now they think it's okay for her to be away from her family, but God forbid Jovi live anywhere besides NO.

That "surprise" casual party - so intimate, is going to be 50 or 60 people. I would be livid. I have social anxiety and that would be tough on me if I was expecting it, much more if I had no idea. This family is moving up on my list of disdain-worthy twits.

Stephanie, upset with Ryan over something she can't even remember, threatens to ask for her money back. Furthermore, she doesn't think they are grateful enough. "When I am generous, I expect a 'Thank you very much' groveling session or I withdraw my largesse." 🤮

True, all that!

• Love 6
7 hours ago, renatae said:

Jovi's parents, so critical of her lack of excitement about being in New Orleans, are upset that she wants to move to Europe. First, they could not stop yapping about the fact they felt she is only interested in him so she can live here. Now they think it's okay for her to be away from her family, but God forbid Jovi live anywhere besides NO.

That "surprise" casual party - so intimate, is going to be 50 or 60 people. I would be livid. I have social anxiety and that would be tough on me if I was expecting it, much more if I had no idea. This family is moving up on my list of disdain-worthy twits.

Stephanie, upset with Ryan over something she can't even remember, threatens to ask for her money back. Furthermore, she doesn't think they are grateful enough. "When I am generous, I expect a 'Thank you very much' groveling session or I withdraw my largesse." 🤮

I did a massive eyeroll at Mother Jovi's "my grandbaby!" statement.

Mother Jovi, it is also equally Mother Yara's grandbaby, so take a seat with that bullshit.

I agree with you.  I'd be really pissed off if a "small" party turned out to be 50-60 people.  

In fact, I'd be SO pissed off, a convenient case of pregnancy nausea would overtake me and I'd have to leave.  

Mother Jovi is becoming almost as annoying as Mother Brandon, in her own special way.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 17

I feel sorry for the poor therapist that has to try to get hyper Natalie, and almost-in-a-stupor Mike to agree on anything.     

Mother Jovi, and Daddy Jovi are horrible.   I wonder what Yara thinks Jovi will do for a job in Hungary?    I'm guessing Yara thinks her family will move to Hungary too.   

Stephanie and her boyfriend certainly have no chemistry.   The only thing he wants to do is get to the U.S., and be a man of leisure?   The cousin might be a much better choice, if he actually talks to Stephanie, instead of acting like he doesn't even want to be around her.    I wonder if Ryan did any research on the weather in Michigan?   

So if Amira's visa is running out, then why try to get her to the U.S. via Serbia?    Can't the visas be extended, and then she could stay for a while in the U.S., and they could see if she can stand the life she'll have with Andrew. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

I’m in shock that Natalie had a sane, useful suggestion. She’s in for a surprise though because that Therapist is going to immediately spot the manipulation and crazy.  

Ditto: fuck NonJovi’s parents! I like Yara. She’s too good for him  

I just can’t with Stephanie. She’s a fucking joke. Another one in for a surprise when putting her assholery on display to the world tanks her business. 

Edited by nytonc
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
6 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I feel sorry for the poor therapist that has to try to get hyper Natalie, and almost-in-a-stupor Mike to agree on anything.     

Mother Jovi, and Daddy Jovi are horrible.   I wonder what Yara thinks Jovi will do for a job in Hungary?    I'm guessing Yara thinks her family will move to Hungary too.   

Stephanie and her boyfriend certainly have no chemistry.   The only thing he wants to do is get to the U.S., and be a man of leisure?   The cousin might be a much better choice, if he actually talks to Stephanie, instead of acting like he doesn't even want to be around her.    I wonder if Ryan did any research on the weather in Michigan?   

So if Amira's visa is running out, then why try to get her to the U.S. via Serbia?    Can't the visas be extended, and then she could stay for a while in the U.S., and they could see if she can stand the life she'll have with Andrew. 

K-1 visas can't be extended. You have to reapply and start from scratch.

Is NonJovi's job location specific? It sounds like he flies to different locations and doesn't work out of New Orleans. If so, he could just as easily live in Budapest.  

• Love 12

I thought someone was applying for a visa extension, but I guess I was wrong (I frequently am).        Good point about Jovi flying to where ever he's working.    However, with the lockdowns in various places, he might run into trouble about quarantines, flight restrictions, etc.    

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I thought someone was applying for a visa extension, but I guess I was wrong (I frequently am).        Good point about Jovi flying to where ever he's working.    However, with the lockdowns in various places, he might run into trouble about quarantines, flight restrictions, etc.    

The consular can re-validate some of the forms, but it still has to be within a 4-month period and it's something that's a case by case basis. They might be more lenient with COVID. And they can only do it if the foreigner hasn't arrived in the US yet.

You have 90 days to marry once you reach the US, but you actually have 6 months to travel to the US. That's the part that can be extended. So Amira could've waited 6 months before she traveled.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

Mike and Natalie do need some sort of counselling to find a way to make a relationship work. Getting married right now may not be a good idea. Go back home to Ukraine, and see if you can get to be in the same book and a similar chapter. Maybe the counsellor can offer suggestions on how to communicate.

Wondered who Jovi inherited his smile from. Both parents have either had dental work or the teeth skipped a generation.

It is too soon to tell the parents about the baby. Mama Jovi could be suspicious but none of her business right now. Again, the old story of X women just want to move to the US. Some do and some don't. Yara countered back well in that some Ukrainians think Americans are stupid. Jovi's job can let him have a place in Europe. Depends on his employer and if they are willing to foot the bill for his travels.

Throwing a huge engagement party for someone who doesn't like large parties is rude. A party of 8-10 is one thing; 50-60 folks another.

Stephanie, Ryan has zero interest in hula hoops except for maybe a half hour of fun. I wasn't hugely clear on her asking for her money back. If you give cash, it is a gift and the recipient can do with it as he or she wishes. She is on a very slippery slope of dispensing cash to keep Ryan interested. He may find another rich lady who doesn't want commitment.

So Covid is tough on Tarik and Hazel and life for her isn't what she wanted. She is not going to get her son here anytime soon.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Mike and Natalie do need some sort of counselling to find a way to make a relationship work. Getting married right now may not be a good idea. Go back home to Ukraine, and see if you can get to be in the same book and a similar chapter. Maybe the counsellor can offer suggestions on how to communicate.

Wondered who Jovi inherited his smile from. Both parents have either had dental work or the teeth skipped a generation.

It is too soon to tell the parents about the baby. Mama Jovi could be suspicious but none of her business right now. Again, the old story of X women just want to move to the US. Some do and some don't. Yara countered back well in that some Ukrainians think Americans are stupid. Jovi's job can let him have a place in Europe. Depends on his employer and if they are willing to foot the bill for his travels.

Throwing a huge engagement party for someone who doesn't like large parties is rude. A party of 8-10 is one thing; 50-60 folks another.

Stephanie, Ryan has zero interest in hula hoops except for maybe a half hour of fun. I wasn't hugely clear on her asking for her money back. If you give cash, it is a gift and the recipient can do with it as he or she wishes. She is on a very slippery slope of dispensing cash to keep Ryan interested. He may find another rich lady who doesn't want commitment.

So Covid is tough on Tarik and Hazel and life for her isn't what she wanted. She is not going to get her son here anytime soon.

Yeah, because Tarik isn’t a woman.  I’d bet money she’s not bisexual.  And, let me be clear that I say that with no judgment about her or anyone else’s sexual orientation.  I just remember how not into him she was when he went to see her. 

5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I for one would be shocked, shocked I tell you to learn he has a DUI on his record! Shocked! Clutching my pearls now.

I’d be shocked if he had a DUI but not shocked if he had several. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8

Yara has made it clear, everywhere on the dating sites she used since she was knee high to a grasshopper, that she was looking for a rich foreign guy.  So it didn’t have to be an American. It might be the case that lots of Ukrainian women look specifically for an American guy, but Yara cast a wider net.  Remember, she dumped her fiancé when she met Jovi. So she was still shopping WITH a ring on her finger.      
I feel like I’ve been watching Tarik and Hazel for way too long and so little has happened.  
I agree that Natalie thinks a therapist will take her side and Mike thinks the same.  That’s the one thing they agree on - and neither of them is necessarily correct.  Plus it just doesn’t matter what anybody else thinks.    
I feel like Stephanie should get a bunch of STD tests after socializing with Ryan and his cousin... and all the women they have both touched in the past year of quarantine.  If she comes out clean, be grateful she dodged the bullets, literally.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
On 2/13/2021 at 6:36 PM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

When are they going to address the elephant in the room of Jovi taking an Uber everywhere!? Even to his parents house. Has to be a DUI right ? 

Does it matter? Yara signed up for all this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 2/13/2021 at 7:37 PM, Frozendiva said:

So Covid is tough on Tarik and Hazel and life for her isn't what she wanted.

It's so so so horrible compared to her previous life. SMDH. Tarik is pretty agreeable. She has a nice home etc.

• Love 4

Most of these couple should not get married.  Not only are they not on the same page, they aren't even in the same book.  Yara/Jovi and Natalee/Mike seem to actually hate each other.  Ryan is definitely sleeping with someone else.  I agree with the psychic.  He is using Stephanie to get to the US and then he is going to move to California to be with all the other Belizeans.  I hope she took her diamond ring back.  

• Love 10

Jovi and Yara: Hmmm. Jovi doesn't drive. Is it for legal reasons, the fact that he is living in New Orleans 30 days on and off and it's ridiculously expensive to buy a car to keep in the garage a half year? He could rent one, really. I wouldn't want my future father in law more or less slut shaming me for what I wore. What you wear at the beach is one thing; living in a city, another. And it really is her choice what she wears. Guess the dad had to go to the son's party with his friends? Yara called him on the 5 beers already and the day hasn't started. Is she aware of his drinking? Did she not see it when she was travelling with him? I understand having an extra drink or two once in a while, but Jovi does not come across as a social drinker. What does she plan to do if he continues to drink when the baby comes? It's also not right of Jovi's mom to lie about a small engagement party when she's really having one for 50 plus people. Not taking Yara's feelings in to consideration. Jovi's friends are probably right in that his marriage to her will last 3 years. Jovi has a lot of growing up to do.

Andrew and Amira: Talking with Mom about Amira possibly having to enter the US via Serbia? I understand you're running out of money, Andrew. Amira should go to Serbia. Find some little apartment and stay and relax and socialize with the Serbian dudes. And lose Andy's number.

Zied and Rebecca: Zied may not like tatttoos, Rebecca. Even the temporary stick-on ones. Try a small one for him and not glue one to his entire arm. Also please stop hanging out with your daughter and her boyfriend and their friends. You aged within minutes, the sour lip pucker came back. Zied is going to see that people his age live in the city and he may interact with some of them. The young, blonde girl who's never heard of Tunisia? She's never seen Star Wars (some was filmed there)? If she has a truck, let her help Zied move. There is more to his world than you 24/7.

Tarik and Hazel: Hazel may miss her son but she did not expect to come to Covid USA. Tarik acted well when she was crying about her son being sick. It was nice of him to let Auri meet him. Hazel has a nice life now and seemed to care more that plans to find a woman for her to have a relationship with are on hold temporarily.

Ryan and Stephanie: You are a walking ATM for Ryan and his family.  You should not be supporting them this much. The disinterested Ryan is showing you who he really is. This is what you are getting. Your psychic friend doesn't need tools to tell you to look out and keep your eyes open. Right now, there isn't much love and it's just a transaction. His goal is to get to the US.

Mike and Natalie: Why are they together? The real conversation is her giving him his precioussssss back. And now she wants it returned. No idea what kind of marriage they will have or how long it will last. His hairstylist was giving him good advice. Both wanted the therapist to tell them each was right. His job was to get both sides and meet both in the middle. They may love each other, or think they are in love, but right now they are dysfunctional. Maybe go back home and try again, and then decide to do the visa thing.

• Love 15

Unpopular opinion: I’m a little younger than Rebecca, pushing 40. I still consider myself generation X. And I could see how she thought that little blonde girl was flirting with her man.

If I was in a group setting with friends my age, and I wanted to be helpful in that situation, I know that among my personal friend group with women my age- I would have asked the WOMAN if they needed help moving. IMO it’s just a respect thing. Even if I didn’t know either of them and had just met them both, I still would’ve defaulted to the woman first and extended my help to them through her. Ain’t my first rodeo with jealous spouses. Maybe it’s just a generational thing, or maybe it’s just only my personal friend group? But whether the younger girl realized it or not, she did come off a little “over eager” and slightly flirtatious. I think that Zied accent had her little Georgia mind blown! Lol 

Even when the daughter suggested they go turkey hunting, I would have pointedly directed my comment to the DAUGHTER that I’d love to go. Again, I’m a bit older and it’s just a respect thing. That way there’s no confusion. 
And this is exactly why I wouldn’t date somebody in their 20s. Because I don’t know the younger mindset. And again, just speaking from my personal friend group and how I know they’d react. Much like Rebecca. I can see her point, but even so, the “jealous older woman” is not a good look at a dinner with friends. 

• Love 24

Mike is hopeless. He repeats over and over that they lack communication but he barely says two words. I feel bad for Natalie at this point. Natalie is only trying so desperately with Mike bc she is ready to settle and she thinks it's her last shot at love and family. Mike tolerates her, barely. He is pretty rude. I'd be done if I were her. What it LOOKS like to me is that he is 100% checked out, but doesn't want a confrontation with her, and so he will just let her visa run out and send her back. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 21

Rebecca is waaaaay too old to pull off the overly done Cupid’s bow lipstick look. Nothing says pathetic like a woman trying to look 20 years younger.

And could Mike possibly be any more checked out on that relationship? It’s almost making me feel sorry for Natalie. ALMOST

ETA This therapy session is a hoot. Natalie is doing a good job of hiding her crazy from the therapist

Edited by Mean Jeanne
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
23 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

Mike is hopeless. He repeats over and over that they lack communication but he barely says two words. I feel bad for Natalie at this point. Natalie is only trying so desperately with Mike bc she is ready to settle and she thinks it's her last shot at love and family. Mike tolerates her, barely. He is pretty rude. I'd be done if I were her. What it LOOKS like to me is that he is 100% checked out, but doesn't want a confrontation with her, and so he will just let her visa run out and send her back. 

I feel bad for Natalie now, too. He clearly doesn't want her there and every other sentence that comes out of him is either super passive aggressive, actually aggressive, or mocking. Is Natalie nuttier than squirrel shit? Yeah, kinda. But Mike is stringing her along and almost actively trying to embarrass her. I don't care how crazy and demanding SHE is, if he doesn't want her there then that's on him. Be honest and let her go. 

Hey, did anyone else notice that Stephanie inherited Tom's bedazzled skull jacket at the end? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Lily247 said:

I will iterate. Ukraine is the poorest country in Europe, practically EVERYONE wants to move to the US.

It's actually Moldova*. Ssshhh...don't tell anyone. That's part of Family Libby's storyline next season: How Andrrrei is scheming to bring his entire family over. 

* 2021: Moldova GDP per capita- $2289 Ukraine GDP per capita- $2639

Edited by mamadrama
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, GladysCravits said:

Obviously Natalie didn’t wear her usual ton of makeup In order to create a certain Impression on the therapist.    Perhaps poor little Russian girl,  take my side?

She was so pretty, though!  She looked so much better without it on.  She needs to hightail it back to the Ukraine.  I actually felt sorry for her.  He has no ownership in anything with her.  I can not stand MIke or Jovi.  And Stephanie and Ryan both get on my everlasting nerves. 

Was anyone else surprised that Mike agreed to therapy AFTER his trip to the Great Clips to get his hair done?  Anyone else wonder if his hair dresser really does have the hots for him?

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I feel bad for Natalie now, too. He clearly doesn't want her there and every other sentence that comes out of him is either super passive aggressive, actually aggressive, or mocking. Is Natalie nuttier than squirrel shit? Yeah, kinda. But Mike is stringing her along and almost actively trying to embarrass her. I don't care how crazy and demanding SHE is, if he doesn't want her there then that's on him. Be honest and let her go. 

Hey, did anyone else notice that Stephanie inherited Tom's bedazzled skull jacket at the end? 

Maybe he sent it to her? Or it was on sale somewhere.

51 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

I missed the first 15 minutes, but the entire Mike/Natalie storyline this season has been a surprise.  I don't feel bad for Natalie, technically, maybe I should, but I think her improved behavior is only because she feels insecure, because Mike isn't falling at her feet and ready to give her the ring back when she bats her eyes and behaves like a normal human being for three seconds.  She no longer has him wrapped around her finger, and she has to mourn the control she lost over him.  Mike's blinders are all the way off, and I don't think she foresaw a situation where he wouldn't be complete putty in her hands.  

I'm not at all sorry to see her feel the same pain and insecurity that Mike felt in their previous season.  

Not sure if Mike's end game was another sweet and easy supplemental paycheck from Sharp.  My mind hasn't changed about Natalie, she is insane, condescending and manipulative, and I pity the man who ends up with her because she will make them miserable until they fit her notion of perfection.  The rub is that no man will ever be perfect because she just likes being unhappy and mean. 

However, as the season has worn on, my mind HAS changed about Mike.  

He looks miserable and I cannot see an endgame where he ends up with Natalie.  So, either he is punishing her because she so thoroughly hurt him last year or he is trying to "test" her before marrying her.  Or I guess he just wants some crazy sex from her before he dumps her because he knows she is going to put in extra effort to get that ring.  None of these things paint him in a positive light.  

He seems like a nice guy with a crazy uncle who lives on a farm and just wants to have his sunday pancakes and watch a little TV when he comes home from work.  He can easily meet a girl locally who will be cute, but not glamorous, maybe has a few extra pounds, but likes eating pancakes, won't constantly and loudly judge him about every life decision and will be cool with Uncle Beau.  Mike may think he is winning, but the more this drags on, the more he isn't.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 20
26 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

It's actually Moldova*. Ssshhh...don't tell anyone. That's part of Family Libby's storyline next season: How Andrrrei is scheming to bring his entire family over. 

Andrei’s mother’s food? I will watch.

• Love 10
47 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Regardless...the economy in both of these countries is bad. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

S: If a healthy 27-year-old male has been with you for several days and the two of you haven't had sex when you clearly want it, it means he's not into you.

Does she get raped at the end of this episode, like for real ? He seemed pretty uninterested in her sexually all this time, while she seemed like the sex hungry cougar. Tables suddenly flipped ?

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Andrei’s mother’s food? I will watch.

I'd watch Andrei's cute little papa and his mother's "peasant food" spread all day.

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Maybe he sent it to her? Or it was on sale somewhere.

It's not really the same one. His was a jacket, hers a silk shirt. It was just funny. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Lily247 said:

I will iterate. Ukraine is the poorest country in Europe, practically EVERYONE wants to move to the US.

In fact, in Russia (and possibly Ukraine) every year there is a green card lottery to get to the US legally. Tons of people apply the same way Americans play the lottery  to win a million dollars. It's called "winning  green card". They even have strategies, such as both husband and wife applying to double the chances. So, the situation is, Ukrainians and Russians have a stereotype that Americans are all slow and stupid, but they themselves will jump at the opportunity to move here. There is nothing wrong with wanting to have a more comfortable life, but I don't like the stuck-up attitude. So yes - they DO want to move to America and get a nice home, nice cars, live out the "American dream"  but they have no desire to interact with any American people. 

Yaras English being so good is not an accident, bc the vast majority of Russians speak no English at all. I remember it has been mentioned that Yara was on a dating show years ago mentioning that for ten million dollars, she would tolerate potential abuse from a wealthy Saudi husband (I'm paraphrasing here.) 

Jovi looks like a douchebro. His saving grace is his job. I don't get why everyone says how great Yara is bc all she does since the first episode is literally, whine and complain. Screaming at him, cursing at him. Despite no pressing need to work, living in a beautiful NOLA downtown apartment. She never smiles or has a good time,,, ever. She hates his decor, she hates going to his family, she hates walking, hates not walking. The only time I saw her happy was getting her pedicure. They don't actually like each other, there is never affection and warmth between them, not even when Jovi came from the airport. 

The green card lottery is not country-specific, but is open to all countries whose citizens are underrepresented in the US. It's called a diversity visa. Me and some of my friends enter evey year- not because we're all dead set on moving to the US, but because we think it would be a fun experience for a few years (and entering takes about 30 seconds). Even if you get selected, you still have to meet certain criteria, so it's not an automatic green card by any means.

• Useful 13
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

Yara has made it clear, everywhere on the dating sites she used since she was knee high to a grasshopper, that she was looking for a rich foreign guy.  So it didn’t have to be an American. It might be the case that lots of Ukrainian women look specifically for an American guy, but Yara cast a wider net.  Remember, she dumped her fiancé when she met Jovi. So she was still shopping WITH a ring on her finger.     

How big of a loser was that other dude that Jovi looked like a catch?  Yikes.

I agree with her about New Orleans to a point.  I wouldn't want to live there but it's fun to visit especially if you're into spooky stuff, they've got it all - ghosts, voodoo, zombies, vampires.  Do pregnant women typically like spicy crawfish or no?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

Do pregnant women typically like spicy crawfish or no?

Depends. There's no real rhyme or reason to what pregnant women might want. All I wanted with my third was spicy Cajun. With my second it was fresh fruit and grits (not together). 

What I'm appreciating about Yara and Julia is that they're both honest about intentions. Like them or not, neither one really come across as disingenuous. 

• Love 4

Does anyone think Ryan is not doing the nasty with Stephanie because he has a few more days of antibiotics left to take?

I like to accuse my fiance of cheating based on what a psychic said...makes for a really good fact based fight.

If Ryan leaves her for anyone, there is a good chance that woman would be younger, duh Stephanie.

Ryan does not want kids, on purpose.  

The eyebrows on both of them are troubling, what would a baby look like if those eyebrows mated?

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

There's no real rhyme or reason to what pregnant women might want. All I wanted with my third was spicy Cajun. With my second it was fresh fruit and grits (not together). 

With my first, orange soda and hot dogs with mustard and onions, my second, mashed potatoes and gravy and two of the beans from a three bean salad, not the kidney beans, never the kidney beans.  For the first three months the thought of eating meat made me gag, I hit the fourth month and all I wanted was meat.  Funny thing, I never drank orange soda before pregnancy and I despise gravy on my mashed potatoes in real life.

I do not think Jovi would have gotten her food choices right even if she wasn't pregnant, I could see Yara yelling at him no matter what he brought her for dinner, she does not seem to like him.

I will ask again, why is the knowledge of conception so far down on the list of things to know about for these people? They are often in a financially precarious situation, living at the parents house, why risk raw dogging it if you are complaining about how you live in the basement with no money, last I checked, babies take up space and tons of money.  Stupid people.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 2/13/2021 at 1:21 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

Yeah, fuck Jovi's family and their xenophobic ways. Get educated. It's 2021. America is a shithole, and these people are part of the problem. You should feel lucky anyone still wants to come here.

I was so happy with Yara's response I could have jumped into the TV and given her the biggest hug ever! For his mother to make a comment like that, which is about as rude as she could possibly have been, might have made a lot of women tearful. Not Yara! "Well, that's just another stereotype, like everyone in Ukraine thinking that Americans are stupid." (I'm paraphrasing.) The looks on the parents' faces were priceless. It couldn't have been more perfect if she had a month to think about it in advance. It was said in the same casual tone of voice as when the mother made her remark, so how could they object? Yara, you're just too intelligent for Jovi and his narrow-minded, provincial family. And then making it clear that you're not that impressed with New Orleans and would like to live in Hungary! Complete honesty and double whammy. Way to go, girl!

Agree with all of this. Also, I fucking loved how she said "Budapest" and they just had a dumb expression on their face as they clearly have no idea where it is.

Mama Jovi like "You can't just take him to... EUROPE!" Lucky guess Gwen!

I wish I could like this post one hundred times! 

I am Team Yara, all the way. Jovi's whole family are ill-mannered jerks, so you can see where he gets it from. "Please come in. Sit down. You shouldn't dress so sexy, it gives the wrong impression. Wait, you might want to leave our mosquito-ridden fever swamp and live in a cosmopolitan European city?" How about Mama Jovi wondering if they'd need to count up the spoons after leaving Yara alone in their palatial mansion? They are trash. 

On 2/13/2021 at 9:01 PM, mamadrama said:

Is NonJovi's job location specific? It sounds like he flies to different locations and doesn't work out of New Orleans. If so, he could just as easily live in Budapest.  

Exactly. Seems Jovi could live anywhere. 

On 2/13/2021 at 9:36 PM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

When are they going to address the elephant in the room of Jovi taking an Uber everywhere!? Even to his parents house. Has to be a DUI right ? 

I feel that I am not going too far out on a limb here when I say I have no doubt that Jovi has multiple DUI's and probably a suspended license. 

Mike is a terrible person. I don't care how nutty Natalie is. He brought her here with the expectation that they would be getting married. Of course Natalie wants to talk about planning the wedding. He's leading her on, and worse, he's delighting in her misery. He mutters about "communication issues" but he won't talk. He's treating her badly so she'll dump him and he can complain about ungrateful bitches who don't appreciate a nice guy like him. I bet he's full on MGTOW. There's a heavy streak of misogyny there. 

• Love 24