Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
renatae

S08.E10: The Devil's Work

Recommended Posts

On 2/13/2021 at 10:37 PM, Frozendiva said:

 

Wondered who Jovi inherited his smile from. Both parents have either had dental work or the teeth skipped a generation.

 

Monty is not Jovi's bio dad. 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, Bugfrey Von said:

I can spot a thumb sucker at 20 paces. Either that or jovi was going to town on his paci up until his strip club days.

Fuck his parents. They were aggressive and rude and do not give a flying FUCK about what yara wants or feels. That dad probably stared at those pictures for a good long time. Do they think she’s stupid or thinks prancing around in a bikini in the city is what one does in America? I was on the fence about her but I love her blase way of putting people in their place. No fucks given.

I somehow missed Jovi’s father’s comment about her clothing when I watched.  I’m so happy Yara put him in his place.  If he said that to me, he’d be sporting a black eye or two.

  • Like 6
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

How big of a loser was that other dude that Jovi looked like a catch?  Yikes.

I agree with her about New Orleans to a point.  I wouldn't want to live there but it's fun to visit especially if you're into spooky stuff, they've got it all - ghosts, voodoo, zombies, vampires.  Do pregnant women typically like spicy crawfish or no?

Pregnant women all like different things, usually different with every pregnancy, no rhyme or reason to the cravings at all! With my first it was cherry cheesecake, the second was Pringle's potato chips, and the last one was fried eggs, lots of them. Even decades later, a certain smell will remind me of being pregnant, some smells make me feel sick and others just like I am pregnant again. It's all just very strange, but crawfish would never be a craving for me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

 

It was in 2011 when an Australian coworker showed me his. I think I actually said "Oh wow, they really are green."

 

So, of course I had to look this up and I think we are both right.  

The cards started out green, then changed colors and in 2010 they went back to being green.  My parents came here after 1964 so their green card wasn't green and the green card you saw in 2011 may have been issued right after they went back to green!

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/g/green-card.asp#:~:text=A green card is a,color from 1946 to 1964.

  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post

What she is not taking into consideration regarding the fortune teller is that Ryan is perfectly serious about it not being something he believes in. Many cultures hold that it is unholy and they are adamant about it. Actually, Stephanie is just worrisome I hate the way she addresses him like a 7 year old... Sweetie, in itself, is not such a bad term but the way she says it does not bespeak romance.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I think they are laughing all the way to the bank.  They are on the show to make $$; at one point last season Mike implied he wasn't ready to have a family because of his debt which has either been eliminated in full or reduced to a manageable load.  So they signed up for another season, but they need some kind of conflict as Mike doesn't have overbearing parents to interfere with where he sleeps and to make Natalie chop wood to earn her keep.  They are about the same age so there is none of the May-December vibe like the two cougars have for a plot.  He works long hours, but, unlike  Jovi, he comes home at night.  He drinks, but not as much as Jovi.   They aren't interested in being in a threesome or some other arrangement.  They have nothing,.  So they have to bring something and that something is mostly faked quibbling with and snarking at each other.  Natalie overacts, and Mike often has the look that amateur actors have when they are more focused on recalling lines than on staying in character.  And they seem comfortable with it to a great degree,  like a long- married couple that are always sniping at each other.    In their case, the Oscar goes to Mike.

I think I must agree with you.  There is no other explanation for her continuing to be here despite his disinterest and her dislike of him.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I don’t live in the US, but is the much revered Green Card actually green?

They used to be and there used to be "papers". A green card now is not green, and looks like a passport card or driver's lic card. 

3 hours ago, evansmom10 said:

 she wears one of those like facelift-braces to jog so it doesn't make it sag. 

Wait a WHAT??? 

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

@greekmom, I agree that Yara only knows vacation/time off Jovi. If she has issues with him drinking, those need to be addressed. 5 beers before afternoon is a bit much, especially if it is daily. I like a glass of one with dinner sometimes and when it is cold, brandy before bed. He is showing you who he is. Maybe he will grow up a bit now that he will be a parent. Or maybe not. At some point, he may face rehab. Or you will be putting up with someone who doesn’t drink for 30 days and then parties for 30 days. 
 

Steph and Rebecca are both hung up on their fiancés being 27. Steph’s fortune teller friend needs to be objective and not put her opinions about Steph in her readings. It doesn’t take a fortune teller to look at her relationship and not see the many red flags. As a friend she can ask why Steph is paying his and his family’s expenses, treating him like a child, etc. Control? He won’t be around if you are not paying his way? He comes across more as a servant than her equal partner.

Amira, stay in Europe. Life with Andrew may not be what you hope for.

I don't get Amira at all.  There is nothing attractive about Andrew.  Amira has a strong face that is not traditionally attractive, but I think she has a fantastic sense of style, her hair is amazing, she is clearly intelligent, her makeup is always on point and she seems pretty fit.  Her hometown looks beautiful....and while mileage varies, I kinda love her accent.  

I don't see how or why Andrew is her best option if she wants to get to America or leave France.  He is, IMO, a very typical stereotype of a guy from the Northern California.  Its a bit of a coddled and self centered mommas boy.  He really is convinced that he suffered equally on a two week vacation as she did in a detention center in Mexico City.  He really thinks that the "risk" that Amira will again be detained in Budapest will be just as difficult for him.  He is bad, bad news.  

 

4 minutes ago, ethalfrida said:

What she is not taking into consideration regarding the fortune teller is that Ryan is perfectly serious about it not being something he believes in. Many cultures hold that it is unholy and they are adamant about it. Actually, Stephanie is just worrisome I hate the way she addresses him like a 7 year old... Sweetie, in itself, is not such a bad term but the way she says it does not bespeak romance.

This never was more clear than in the previews when she told him that she "needed him to sit down"  

Stephani is happy knowing that she can hold her money over Ryan's head.  

  • Like 8
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

Pregnant women all like different things, usually different with every pregnancy, no rhyme or reason to the cravings at all! With my first it was cherry cheesecake, the second was Pringle's potato chips, and the last one was fried eggs, lots of them. Even decades later, a certain smell will remind me of being pregnant, some smells make me feel sick and others just like I am pregnant again. It's all just very strange, but crawfish would never be a craving for me.

When I was pregnant with my second son I craved and ate so much shrimp and crab.....holy moly.  Still love the stuff!

Everyone here has said so much it is hard to add anything.

Andrew/Amira:  Dude you are boring and dramatic.  

Tarzel:  Your son is across the globe as YOU CHOSE to come here to live your best bisexual life.  Sorry.   I would tone down the "Are you excited to come to the US, Harrey?" talk as dad may not allow it.  He has custody, right?  "Hey Auri - he is going to be YOUR BROTHER!"  Again, as a special education teacher I really want to be there when Auri starts chatting at school!  "Well my dad moved a girl in, then another girl in, and now I have 7 year old brother from the Philippines!"

Jovi/Yara:  both unpleasant but Jovi's folks are not much better.  "What about OUR GRANDKID?"  I have nothing against drinking but five beers before noon?

Mike/Natalie:  I had to mute them at the counselor's office as they reminded me of going to marriage counseling before getting DIVORCED.  So not wanting to be there, so NOT wanting to be with the other person (that would be me, lol) and just CHECKED OUT (again, me) and that was after about twenty years together, not being together a few weeks and allegedly in love.

Ryan/ Stephanie:  "We have been getting along for two hours!  No fighting!!  I know how to change that - my psychic told me you were gonna leave me for a younger woman.  How do you respond?"  Lord she is a trip.  And not a good one.  Ryan is not attractive to me, and sorry, if my 27 year old man is still not touching me after six months of ALLEGEDLY not having no no time, I would be taken aback as well.

Rebecca/Zied:  Oh Rebecca, just shut it.  "She can't help you move!"  Why the heck not?  Because a single woman can't be in the apartment?  In GEORGIA?  But you two sleeping together, outside of marriage in that apartment is okay?  But you insisted on wearing your tattoos all around Tunisia....and that was okay?

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, that silver-tongued Stephanie sure knows how to bring the romance:

1. Plan an outdoor dinner directly under a storm cloud.

2. Confront your 27-year-old finance with a prediction YOUR PSYCHIC MADE and then demand said fiance prove the psychic wrong?!

3. With dinner sufficiently ruined, inform the fiance that he "owes you" sex, then pick (another) fight while sighing dramatically in a bedazzled skull shirt.

True love, right here, y'all! We've got the prescription!

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 18

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

And speaking of total dicks Mike is just working my last nerve.  Natalie is no saint either but good lawd this guy just reeks of male chauvinistic pig.  Natalie move back to Ukraine so both of you can get off my t.v.

I thought Mike was just quiet and shy, but when I heard him conversing to his hairdresser, I see he’s just mean and wants her to suffer and give her false hopes because she threw the ring at him.  Dickhead.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I don't get Amira at all.  There is nothing attractive about Andrew.  Amira has a strong face that is not traditionally attractive, but I think she has a fantastic sense of style, her hair is amazing, she is clearly intelligent, her makeup is always on point and she seems pretty fit.  Her hometown looks beautiful....and while mileage varies, I kinda love her accent.  

I don't see how or why Andrew is her best option if she wants to get to America or leave France.  He is, IMO, a very typical stereotype of a guy from the Northern California.  Its a bit of a coddled and self centered mommas boy.  He really is convinced that he suffered equally on a two week vacation as she did in a detention center in Mexico City.  He really thinks that the "risk" that Amira will again be detained in Budapest will be just as difficult for him.  He is bad, bad news.  

I don't get the whole Amira/Andrew storyline. It's not like Amira is from a country that's on the list of places where they won't accept people from. She's a French citizen. She should have a good chance of getting to America (if that's what she wants) on her own accord. Not by marrying incel Andrew.  Second, why would you leave France?  I mean she can go to places such as Paris or Lyon and make it big.  She also can also just move to the UK, Switzerland, Denmark, Austria, Germany or Belguim.  There are way more options for Amira than say Natalie or Julia. Like you said, her makeup is on point, she seems well dressed and her hair is beautiful. I am convinced they are in cahoots for TLC money and their 5 minutes of fame. 

  • Like 8
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

So,is Ziad indebted to Rebecca for life?  No, just no.  She sent him a picture that was from twenty five years ago., when she was young and pretty.  That’s false advertising.  She looks like an old lady now compared to him.  He’s a nice cute guy and deserves younger and better.  So she works.  Big deal.  You can work and fix up the apt. to look livable with nice things and plenty of food and nice t.v.  All she cares about is SEX from a young dude.  She’s done this before too.  I hope he finds some nice friends like him, and sees what he has to do, or go back Baby.

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, ethalfrida said:

Saw this and thought of some of the parents on this show.

 

147380177_10220377434532612_8229144091836649219_n.jpg

The Mother has his balls in her pocket, and won’t let go. Hahahahahaha.

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I did like the way he talked with the hairdresser tho.  It was an easy flow of back n forth.  He can’t and doesn’t talk with Natalie that easy way.

I think that Mike may be quickly learning that a great body and a pretty face don't really matter in the long run, compared to being with a woman who has her beauty on the inside. All Nat does is complain about EVERYTHING that he likes, that he does, that he wants, that he eats, I mean EVERYTHING about Mike. She even had to throw in the remark-again-that she doesn't like butter when he put some on top of the fish that he was putting on the grill! I just can't with these two. They just don't belong together, at all. They could have 10 years of talking to therapists and it still wouldn't work out for them.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Wow, that silver-tongued Stephanie sure knows how to bring the romance:

1. Plan an outdoor dinner directly under a storm cloud.

2. Confront your 27-year-old finance with a prediction YOUR PSYCHIC MADE and then demand said fiance prove the psychic wrong?!

3. With dinner sufficiently ruined, inform the fiance that he "owes you" sex, then pick (another) fight while sighing dramatically in a bedazzled skull shirt.

True love, right here, y'all! We've got the prescription!

Stephani is one of those who will claim that she was "conned" because she "really loved" Ryan and he took advantage of her.  Fact of the matter is that she is little better than Ed, who used money and gifts to control Rose.  She, in no way wants an equal, she wants to buy a man.  The relationship is transactional.  

And I almost died laughing at the look on Stephani's face when Ryan said he liked dating a "mature woman"  She was really offended.  

  • Like 15
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

I think that Mike may be quickly learning that a great body and a pretty face don't really matter in the long run, compared to being with a woman who has her beauty on the inside. All Nat does is complain about EVERYTHING that he likes, that he does, that he wants, that he eats, I mean EVERYTHING about Mike. She even had to throw in the remark-again-that she doesn't like butter when he put some on top of the fish that he was putting on the grill! I just can't with these two. They just don't belong together, at all. They could have 10 years of talking to therapists and it still wouldn't work out for them.

I totally agree.  I'm not sure when he came to this realization, but his blinders are off.  

She barely tries to be amenable to anything.  And for the tiny bit of time she is able to pull it together, she expects its enough for Mike to hand her a ring and set a date.  

I DO think that he was/is testing her and punishing her, but I also think that had she shown that she could be decent to him for more than an afternoon he would have been open to marrying her.  But she constantly, CONSTANTLY pushes.  And to me, its a red flag that she just wants to be married and with child so she can feel secure enough to go back to being a full time crazy bitch.  

She doesn't care about him, she doesn't care about the relationship, she doesn't love him, but just the fact that she deigns to give him the time of day is supposed to be enough for him to throw wedding dresses and rings at her.  

 

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, RealReality said:

So, of course I had to look this up and I think we are both right.  

The cards started out green, then changed colors and in 2010 they went back to being green.  My parents came here after 1964 so their green card wasn't green and the green card you saw in 2011 may have been issued right after they went back to green!

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/g/green-card.asp#:~:text=A green card is a,color from 1946 to 1964.

I had one back in the day, was pink 🙂

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, RealReality said:

And I almost died laughing at the look on Stephani's face when Ryan said he liked dating a "mature woman"  She was really offended.  

It reminded me of Darcey’s disgust when someone (maybe Stacey?) suggested that she should have worn flip-flops instead of the sky-high heels she couldn’t walk in!

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, RealReality said:

She doesn't care about him, she doesn't care about the relationship, she doesn't love him, but just the fact that she deigns to give him the time of day is supposed to be enough for him to throw wedding dresses and rings at her.  

And...HE doesn't care aabout her, he doesn't care about the relationship, he doesn't love her, but just the fact that he BARELY gives her the time of day SEEMS to keep her on the string.  He has a mean streak, is entitled.  She's desperate.  Please, TLC, give her ticket home and an Uber to the airport.  SHE deserves more.  HE should pay attention to how much his "barber" likes him.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Jovi/Yara:  both unpleasant but Jovi's folks are not much better.  "What about OUR GRANDKID?"

  • These people give Americans a bad name.  Not EVERYONE in another country yearns to live in America.
  • Not every female from the Ukraine scams a guy to get to America...and hold on until she gets a Green Card.
  • What about Jovi's family?  Apparently they don't deserve to have their daughter/grandchild live within a reasonable distance.
  • Actually, Jovi does seem much better about these things than his mother and stepfather.
  • PREGNANCY.  I was SO lucky.  I could eat anything/everything...never sick, until--UNTIL a guy wearing too much English Leather (1966) came to my counter at the employment office.  I about puked.  English Leather made me queasy for the next 20+yrs.
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Lily247 said:

I think Mike sucks in his own way lately, but I dont see misogyny coming from him. He is just a guy who is no longer interested in a certain woman, and is being incredibly passive aggressive about it. I think he truly does need, like someone mentioned, a localish woman who may not be glamorous but can share his lifestyle and won't look down on him for watching TV and eating what he likes. He is not doing Natalie the honor of being direct with her and sending her home.

Natalie is used to Russian dating customs and I see the cultural disconnect. If Mike was Russian, he would slather her with love, flowers, and attention while simultaneously dating other women behind her back. 

..

I agree.  Natalie has baited him incessantly- on camera: he eats unhealthy food, his closet stinks, he needs to lose weight, he (gasp) drinks , his house is cold, on and on. He's just over it; he can't even act for the sake of TV anymore. I don't get a misogynistic streak at all.  He could find a country girl who likes to help out on the farm to hang out in his little house and drink beer with him.  The initial infatuation with Natalie is long, long gone. He's just counting the days.

  • Like 17
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

I agree.  Natalie has baited him incessantly- on camera: he eats unhealthy food, his closet stinks, he needs to lose weight, he (gasp) drinks , his house is cold, on and on. He's just over it; he can't even act for the sake of TV anymore. I don't get a misogynistic streak at all.  He could find a country girl who likes to help out on the farm to hang out in his little house and drink beer with him.  The initial infatuation with Natalie is long, long gone. He's just counting the days.

I think they both are prolonging it for the money.  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Especially Mike.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, maxmama said:

 

Watching Mike and Natalie is pure depression.  He is enjoying her confusion and, dare I say, heartache?  She realizes she blew it when she threw the ring back at him, but he does not appear willing or able to move past that.  At this point, I am annoyed with him that he has made me feel sorry for Natalie.  It is starting to dawn on her there is no hope here, and unless he has a total and complete personality transplant, it’s over.  She may be nutty but that doesn’t mean she has to be demeaned and demoralized by Mike.  Pack up and head home, my dear, leave him to his beer and self-pity. 

I feel like Mike was open to forgiving her for throwing the ring at him, but she's messed uo her chances multiple times by telling him he's fat, low IQ, drinks too much, has a smelly house, doesn't know how to cut vegetables etc. Every day she finds something to snipe about, and thinks her being like that is somehow "helping" Mike to become a better person. If she wasn't like that, I'm sure they would've moved past the ring thing already. She's just miserable to be around! I couldn't imagine my life living with someone who would find multiple things to criticise about me every single day.

Mike is no saint but I think his passive aggressive behaviour is not just because of the ring thing, but also because of her incessant criticising.

Edited by Takitaki
  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

So,is Ziad indebted to Rebecca for life?  No, just no.  She sent him a picture that was from twenty five years ago., when she was young and pretty.  That’s false advertising.  She looks like an old lady now compared to him.  He’s a nice cute guy and deserves younger and better.  So she works.  Big deal.  You can work and fix up the apt. to look livable with nice things and plenty of food and nice t.v.  All she cares about is SEX from a young dude.  She’s done this before too.  I hope he finds some nice friends like him, and sees what he has to do, or go back Baby.

 

Yep. Rebecca’s major case of insecurity will soon make life miserable for Zied. I don’t think he has ulterior motives for being with her but he’d be entitled to at least one because she scammed him from the start with the decades old filtered pictures.  She loves having a young boyfriend, and really loves telling people just how young, but she can’t handle a woman in his age bracket offering to help move the furniture that Rebecca should have had in the apartment the day her 27 year old fiancé arrived.  How can she expect him to be comfortable in that barren apartment?  Zied is more way more gracious about it than Rebecca deserves. 
 

46 minutes ago, Takitaki said:

I feel like Mike was open to forgiving her for throwing the ring at him, but she's messed uo her chances multiple times by telling him he's fat, low IQ, drinks too much, has a smelly house, doesn't know how to cut vegetables etc. Every day she finds something to snipe about, and thinks her being like that is somehow "helping" Mike to become a better person. If she wasn't like that, I'm sure they would've moved past the ring thing already. She's just miserable to be around! I couldn't imagine my life living with someone who would find multiple things to criticise about me every single day.

Mike is no saint but I think his passive aggressive behaviour is not just because of the ring thing, but also because of her incessant criticising.

Yep to this too. I don’t get any sense of ill intent from Mike. He looks like he’s hanging on by his fingernails. He looks worn out and has realized that there’s just no way to make her happy.  It’s got to be exhausting dealing with the constant criticism, manipulation and mood swings.  

He wanted to make a life with Natalie and he’s really hurt and disappointed with how things have turned out.

 

Edited by nytonc
  • Like 14
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, RealReality said:

 

My personal opinion is that there is sex, and its probably very good for Mike because Natalie is crazy and will do anything to get that ring back.  

But, she isn't very subtle, so the minute its over, she is either talking about getting the ring back, buying a wedding dress, or Mama's plane ticket to the wedding.  And so its very clear that she doesn't want to have sex with him because she finds him attractive, she is just having sex with him to get her 

Oh, I'm not too sure about them having sexy time every night or as often as he'd like. Why else would Mike actually act frustrated and hateful towards Natalie so often? I don't even want to think about what, why or how Natalie practices her crazy, passive aggressive teasing of Mike in the bedroom, but I'm sure part of the spiel includes being "a good girl... who would never go all the way..." before ring and marriage. 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Unless we’re being manipulated by TLC production teams, none of these relationships stand a chance in hell of working. And I wish  they wouldn’t bring babies into the mix.

I don’t live in the US, but is the much revered Green Card actually green?

My husband's looks like a regular driver's license. It's not green, but there's a green banner at the top that says "Permanent Resident."  

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

<snip>

I don’t live in the US, but is the much revered Green Card actually green?

I found this image online of the new, redesigned, permanent resident card:

form-551-location-01.jpeg.6667495ea090e84dd139f3eefb1dbb37.jpeg

  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

I think they both are prolonging it for the money.  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Especially Mike.

They make around $1500 per episode and are paid as independent contractors. Each season lasts for around 10 episodes and none of them are on every season. Neither Mike nor Natalie have any side hustles going on-they're not shilling diarrhea tea or trying to promote their YouTube channels. Mike has an actual career and earns money outside of the show. Unlike others (*cough* Darcey) he's not trying to make being a Zlister into his job. I'm from a poor part of the country where $15,000 (before taxes) goes a he'll of a long way, but it's not a fortune. It won't buy a house. Hell, for a lot of us it won't even pay off our medical bills. 

I don't think any of these people are doing it for the money. These aren't the Duggers or the Goesslins or the little people who are pulling in craploads of cash along with new houses, vehicles, and exotic vacations financed by TLC. Unless it's a plotline that Sharp comes up with (hello Moldova wedding) they're not even getting meals and travel comped. I think it's just for the attention. They want to be on TV. On magazine covers. Clickbait articles. They want to see Chrissy Teigen tweeting about them.  They put value in being famous, even if it's low-level fame. 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I have been to Belize once (Placensia region) and felt,,,fairly meh. Kinda like Key West, with a lot more poverty. There are beautiful areas, but I found Cancun had way options in all ateas. I wonder if Stephanie purposely travelled to so-so vacay spots bc of stereotypes of tourist hungry local men.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

And...HE doesn't care aabout her, he doesn't care about the relationship, he doesn't love her, but just the fact that he BARELY gives her the time of day SEEMS to keep her on the string.  He has a mean streak, is entitled.  She's desperate.  Please, TLC, give her ticket home and an Uber to the airport.  SHE deserves more.  HE should pay attention to how much his "barber" likes him.

I think Mike did love her and was open to trying again.  However, its clearly over now.  I won't begrudge him his revenge after her behavior their first season.  The fact that she was so arrogant to think that she was going to waltz in, bat her eyes, be decent for five minutes and have him wrapped around her finger makes her even less sympathetic to me. She cannot be even mildly pleasant for more than a 10 minute interval and then she is back to asking about the ring and the dress. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Lily247 said:

I have been to Belize once (Placensia region) and felt,,,fairly meh. Kinda like Key West, with a lot more poverty. There are beautiful areas, but I found Cancun had way options in all ateas. I wonder if Stephanie purposely travelled to so-so vacay spots bc of stereotypes of tourist hungry local men.

I think you're probably right. Like Bad Egg, David, and Tarik I think they look for partners from foreign countries with high poverty rates. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Rebecca/Zied:  Oh Rebecca, just shut it.  "She can't help you move!"  Why the heck not?  Because a single woman can't be in the apartment?  In GEORGIA?  But you two sleeping together, outside of marriage in that apartment is okay?  But you insisted on wearing your tattoos all around Tunisia....and that was okay?

Rebecca's full of shit. She's going to play that card with gusto for all she's worth. Her stink eye was EPIC, she's going to grill Zied every single time a server says hello or a cashier smiles at him. (Pro tip, Rebecca, its their damn job!)

Though of course, this is a old Sharp chestnut--"insecure woman can't handle it when another woman interacts with her man". See Colt and Larissa. Its so boring and I repeat my pleas to Sharp to please please PLEASE hire some new writers because these plot lines are as stale as yesterday's donuts.

12 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

And...HE doesn't care aabout her, he doesn't care about the relationship, he doesn't love her, but just the fact that he BARELY gives her the time of day SEEMS to keep her on the string.  He has a mean streak, is entitled.  She's desperate.  Please, TLC, give her ticket home and an Uber to the airport.  SHE deserves more.  HE should pay attention to how much his "barber" likes him.

Except I will bet you 5 American dollars that Mike's barber is not hot enough for him. Any guy who'll go shopping to Ukraine for a blond, blue eyed fitness model is not going to look at a pleasingly plump moderately cute local girl. 

  • Like 17
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Agree with a lot of what's already been said (apologies for not tagging folks individually; gotta get to work)...

Mike/Natalie: I was waiting for one of them to say "I love you but I'm not IN love with you" in the therapy session but I didn't even get that. I really don't believe Natalie will be happy with any man who doesn't do exactly what she says but I also am starting to resent Mike for stringing her along. He knows she's not the one for him; he needs to quit playing and cut her loose.

Jovi/Yara: Even without the possibility that Jovi's been a paci/thumb sucker his whole life, he doesn't seem to favor either of his parents. Not that there's anything wrong with that; there could be a whole bunch of reasons behind that but...I thought it was interesting.

Also, it's clear as crystal that he comes from a family that will never truly accept Yara unless she abandons her heathen Ukrainian city ways and converts to the "Cajun Lifestyle" (tm). Her family doesn't count...she's in 'Murica now; she's going to have to learn her place.

Beyond that, once again, the only person I feel sorry for is the zygote. Is it too soon to start a GoFundMe for all the therapy he/she will need?

Zied/Rebecca: Goddammit, Rebecca. Tattoos? How about getting him some goddamn furniture?

I agree with the person above who said that out of courtesy the blonde girl should have asked Rebecca, not Zied, if she wanted to borrow her family's truck. That's all the empathy I can muster for Rebecca, though.

Also, once again, I love Zied's sister.

Tarik/Hazel: I've got nothing. I still think they'll be together only for as long as it takes her to fall in love with another woman.

Andrew/Amira: I've got nothing. If Amira goes to Serbia, she's a bigger idiot than I thought.

Ryan/Stephanie: I keep coming back to the fact that if this were Rachel and Stephen instead of Ryan and Stephanie, everybody'd be skeeved out. Stephanie literally believes she's owed by not just Ryan, but his family. The entitlement is strong with this wackjob.

(Many years ago a close relative of mine married a woman who came from money and carried herself accordingly. She assumed that she could just throw her money around and buy herself a new family. It never occurred to her that, although we weren't rich, we were more than comfortable, and we didn't need her money. Lots of layers of entitlement there...and my mother, who NEVER swears, eventually had to tell her to get the entire fuck out of her face.)

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

14 hours ago, RealReality said:

I totally agree.  I'm not sure when he came to this realization, but his blinders are off.  

She barely tries to be amenable to anything.  And for the tiny bit of time she is able to pull it together, she expects its enough for Mike to hand her a ring and set a date.  

I DO think that he was/is testing her and punishing her, but I also think that had she shown that she could be decent to him for more than an afternoon he would have been open to marrying her.  But she constantly, CONSTANTLY pushes.  And to me, its a red flag that she just wants to be married and with child so she can feel secure enough to go back to being a full time crazy bitch.  

She doesn't care about him, she doesn't care about the relationship, she doesn't love him, but just the fact that she deigns to give him the time of day is supposed to be enough for him to throw wedding dresses and rings at her.  

 

After she gave him a hard time and threw the ring at him in the Ukraine, could he be that vendictive to bring her back, make her miserable and give her false hopes of marrying her just to get even?  If that’s true, he must really hate her. That’s really going too far.  Wow,  I didn’t think a person could be that mean to a woman.  She must have really got to him and thought she was so smart.  Sometime, you just can’t play with someone’s emotions.

  • Like 4
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, mittsigirl said:

I think that Mike may be quickly learning that a great body and a pretty face don't really matter in the long run, compared to being with a woman who has her beauty on the inside. All Nat does is complain about EVERYTHING that he likes, that he does, that he wants, that he eats, I mean EVERYTHING about Mike. She even had to throw in the remark-again-that she doesn't like butter when he put some on top of the fish that he was putting on the grill! I just can't with these two. They just don't belong together, at all. They could have 10 years of talking to therapists and it still wouldn't work out for them.

Natalie thinks she’s appearing much more intelligent than him by being so health conscious and teaching him that butter, exercise, weight and no alcohol will keep him healthy and is the smart way to go.  Does she understand genetics and luck?  You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink.  My Father ate fats, didn’t exercise,  smoked, drank, and lived to 95.  It’s Mikes body, so don’t go all smart ass on him.  Natalie is a stupid child bitch and should go back to her country and find another sucker.  Oh, and the remark about their intelligent numbers was just a stupid thing to say.  Every man she’s been with has her number.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, greekmom said:

Rebecca and Zied: Man. Did she show her age when she went sourpuss when that girl offered to help them move.  Seriously.  What is Rebecca going to do? Lock Zied up? Not let him work? Add a tracker?  The Rebeccas, the Mollys, the Stephanies, Lauras, Lisas all have one thing in common the same as the Davids, Tariks, etc.  They shop for someone that they can control with the green card and their money (even if they lack the cash). Rebecca could easily find someone within her age group in the States. She's pleasant enough when she's not sour face and she's not that crazy like Laura and Lisa. So why does she insist on going on line and shopping for a husband? Zied will tire of her and leave in 3-4 years. He maynot want kids now but he will in the future. And a Muslim wife.  

 

Man, that Rebecca is going to chew those lips right off her face.  Jealousy Baby.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

After she gave him a hard time and threw the ring at him in the Ukraine, could he be that vendictive to bring her back, make her miserable and give her false hopes of marrying her just to get even?  If that’s true, he must really hate her. That’s really going too far.  Wow,  I didn’t think a person could be that mean to a woman.  She must have really got to him and thought she was so smart.  Sometime, you just can’t play with someone’s emotions.

Personally, I dont think its going too far at all.  She cruelly played with his emotions and he is returning the favor.  

The fact that she really imagined that she was so amazing that she could waltz back in, spend 5 minutes being nice and batting her eyes and he'd give her the ring back is so arrogant that I dont feel any sympathy for her. 

Had she taken this opportunity to really turn a new leaf i think there is a good chance Mike would be more open to her.  But she didn't.  She just appeared to assume that he is such an idiotic simpleton that all she needed to do was show up and he would grateful for her attention.

Mike is as much allowed to play with her emotions as she played with his. Turnabout is fair play and I feel no pity for her getting a taste of her own medicine. 

At the end of the day, she should have recognized that she burned the bridge and should have moved on.  Its very arrogant for her to think that he was going to be putty in her hands again just because she showed up. It assumes that he is an idiot who is so low that he would.be bamboozled by her intermittent episodes of acting like a normal human.  

  

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

She just appeared to assume that he is such an idiotic simpleton that all she needed to do was show up and he would grateful for her attention.

I completely agree with EVERYTHING you said.  What really jumped out at me from the previous episode was her determination to make SURE he knew that she considered him to be "an idiotic simpleton."  Why else would she make such a big deal of her (not all that high) IQ while calling him a "stupid drunk man"?

Honestly, had someone said something like that to me, I'd have gotten on MY Uber app and ordered a ride to the airport for one . . . and that one would not be me.  It would have been a pleasure to pay the fare for that trip.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I wouldn't be thrilled if my son brought someone home on a K1 visa.  it complicates things for the eventual divorce, loss of grandchildren.  it will happen.

  • Like 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, christmaslights said:

I wouldn't be thrilled if my son brought someone home on a K1 visa.  it complicates things for the eventual divorce, loss of grandchildren.  it will happen.

I don't see any hope of long term success with any couple on this season.     However, I bet many K-1 visa situations are actually people who like each other, unlike on this show. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/15/2021 at 12:54 AM, suzywallis said:

She was so pretty, though!  She looked so much better without it on. 

Yes!  Natalie was so much more striking WITHOUT her usual 'baby doll' makeup.  And same thoughts about Yara!  Watching her at her in-law's home, face au natural, it's the first time I've thought that, yes, she IS pretty.  From 'clowns' 🤡 to actually attractive women. 👁️  Who'd a thunk it??

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/13/2021 at 9:37 PM, Frozendiva said:

 

Wondered who Jovi inherited his smile from. Both parents have either had dental work or the teeth skipped a generation.

 

SO funny, I was just thinking this.  NonJovi looks nothing like his parents.  Usually I can see some resemblance in the parents.  Is he maybe adopted?  

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

SO funny, I was just thinking this.  NonJovi looks nothing like his parents.  Usually I can see some resemblance in the parents.  Is he maybe adopted?  

I think that was his stepfather.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Except I will bet you 5 American dollars that Mike's barber is not hot enough for him. Any guy who'll go shopping to Ukraine for a blond, blue eyed fitness model is not going to look at a pleasingly plump moderately cute local girl. 

I wouldn't take that bet because that's my opinion too.  That pleasingly plump girl is Way Too Smart/Savvy for him.  I don't know WHAT that guy has to offer anyone whose not desperate.  He's a jerk..  I wonder what they were cooking when he chopped vegetables into those tiny bits.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, RealReality said:

Mike is as much allowed to play with her emotions as she played with his. Turnabout is fair play and I feel no pity for her getting a taste of her own medicine. 

And how LONG is Mike allowed this "fair play"?  As long as the producers egg him on and provide stardom and $$$?  She and WE have been punished enough.  Send her home, please.  

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/15/2021 at 1:20 PM, WahooLAH99 said:

I think it is interesting that Jovi’s friends asked how long they have to stay married. I don’t think anyone on this show has been sent back home yet after a divorce. Not even Larissa. Am I wrong? Did I miss someone? So Jovi pretty sure all she has to do is marry you, and she is staying. No way she will stay for 3 years!

Luis of Molly & Luis was supposed to be deported in September.  But, in November he was still awaiting his deportation hearing in New Jersey, with his 2nd wife.  

  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, ExMathMajor said:

Also, it's clear as crystal that he comes from a family that will never truly accept Yara unless she abandons her heathen Ukrainian city ways and converts to the "Cajun Lifestyle" (tm). Her family doesn't count...she's in 'Murica now; she's going to have to learn her place.

It was funny to hear Jovi's father/stepfather tell the bros at the crawfish boil that he's not SURE she wants to stay in America.  WHAT?  Surely every female is dying to leave the sophisticated lifestyle of their own country (friends and FAMILY...who also want/love grandchildren) to live forever in an area where even the residents (Jovi) say there's not much to do but drink and have backyard parties. And...the in-laws judge her wardrobe but not their son's drinking.  UKRANIANS, SAVE YARA!

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size