Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: The Devil's Work

renatae
  • Start Topic

22 hours ago, magemaud said:

I think Zied just "goes along to get along." Even when something is forced on him, like dinner on the way home from the airport, meeting Rebecca's friend, going out with Tiffany and Co., (hee hee, I just got that) even trying the fake tattoos, he pauses, smiles and says "okay." He likes everything when asked or at least comes up with a diplomatic answer.  I don't recall him ever saying no to Rebecca since he's gotten to the US. 

I think it’s worth mentioning that their timeline is totally different from others’ this season (from what I can tell). It sounded like Zied’s only been in the US for a week, if that, so I’d imagine he’s still exhausted and trying to get his bearings.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

If Rebecca thought THAT was flirting.......the girl was talking to Zied.  Nothing more.  Rebecca you can't transplant  your 27 year old fiance (he is 27, right?) and then get man every time a female speaks to him, as it is going to happen a lot.

Imagine if that girl (trying to be helpful like she was by offering the truck) had been an Uber driver and gave Zied her number and said, "I'll take you wherever you want to go."  

Rebecca would have decked her, right there in the restaurant.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

oh Rebecca, don't do that.  She is embarrassing herself with her insecurity and jealousy.  I really do not understand these women (or men for that matter) who go after much younger and much hotter partners overseas and are then so unsure about their relationship that they can't even enjoy themselves for fear of losing the person to someone else.  What is the point of this.  Why spend so much emotional energy clinging on to someone who you fear wants to go elsewhere once they have the opportunity...is it just the thrill of having a younger, hotter partner?  Do they not understand that the lure for these younger, hotter people is not true love but a better life for themselves.  Honestly, do they not know this?

• Love 11
2 hours ago, nr65000 said:

oh Rebecca, don't do that.  She is embarrassing herself with her insecurity and jealousy.  I really do not understand these women (or men for that matter) who go after much younger and much hotter partners overseas and are then so unsure about their relationship that they can't even enjoy themselves for fear of losing the person to someone else.  What is the point of this.  Why spend so much emotional energy clinging on to someone who you fear wants to go elsewhere once they have the opportunity...is it just the thrill of having a younger, hotter partner?  Do they not understand that the lure for these younger, hotter people is not true love but a better life for themselves.  Honestly, do they not know this?

Excellent point.  It sounds emotionally exhausting 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Imagine if that girl (trying to be helpful like she was by offering the truck) had been an Uber driver and gave Zied her number and said, "I'll take you wherever you want to go."  

Rebecca would have decked her, right there in the restaurant.

I want Zied to rent a Uhaul and have a cute girl as the clerk.  Rebecca will flip.  I kinda like Zied, kind of like I became fond of Aladin.  Still don't like Azan, lol.

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I want Zied to rent a Uhaul and have a cute girl as the clerk.  Rebecca will flip.  I kinda like Zied, kind of like I became fond of Aladin.  Still don't like Azan, lol.

I'm still super confused about how or why zied is going to move everything from storage without a drivers license, anyone else to help or money.  

Rebecca's daughter, her "friend" and her daughters main squeeze all look like very hearty people.  Why haven't they taken a weekend and moved the stuff already? I get thar Rebecca is cash strapped and may not want to hire people.  

Zied would be better off using his time to start a YouTube channel he could monetize.  Does he even have any pocket money?  

He must be bored out of his mind.  

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I'm still super confused about how or why zied is going to move everything from storage without a drivers license, anyone else to help or money.  

Excellent point.  Apparently he is supposed to wait around for Rebecca to get off work, and her job, like most of us, is probably very draining physically and emotionally.  She is not in the mood for more physical work when he gets home!  Just have some friends do it!  Hey Rebecca - news flash:  if you are worried Zied will run off with a mover girl after knowing her three hours you have a problem.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

Rebecca's daughter, her "friend" and her daughters main squeeze all look like very hearty people.  Why haven't they taken a weekend and moved the stuff already? I get thar Rebecca is cash strapped and may not want to hire people.  

Zied would be better off using his time to start a YouTube channel he could monetize.  Does he even have any pocket money?  

I thought at the beginning of the season when he was still in Tunisia that he mentioned he had some money saved, but that the money wouldn't last too long.

Rebecca should be introducing him to her friends--if she has any--and not hanging around with her daughter and her friends.  Well, she doesn't need to get with the "friend" that let the cat out of the bag about Rebecca and her ex living in the same building.  I am sure Zied is bored and a bit angry because he is constantly hearing the ex mentioned.  He is going to enjoy being around people his age, and she is not going to enjoy watching him interact with the youngsters .  Maybe he can find some ex-pats from his native land.

I would think Rebecca could offer beer and pizza to some of the younger crowd to help with the moving. 

And what's with her desire to get him fully sleeved with temporary tats.  Not everyone likes and/or wants them.  He will probably get a real one just to make her happy and she will make sure it says  "I never want children"

Rebecca is getting on my last nerve, but she has lots of company with Natalie, Yara, Stephani, Ma and Pa Brandon, and Ma and Pa Jovi.

6 hours ago, RoadFullOfPromise said:

I think it’s worth mentioning that their timeline is totally different from others’ this season (from what I can tell). It sounded like Zied’s only been in the US for a week, if that, so I’d imagine he’s still exhausted and trying to get his bearings.

and Rebecca has had that apartment for maybe two weeks?  I am not sure someone from Tunisia appreciates the fact that Americans choose apartments that have exposed brick walls.   My son and DIL lived in a converted warehouse for about 10 years; it was big enough to serve as a home, office, and place of business all in one. 

• Love 4
On 2/17/2021 at 5:01 PM, Lemons said:

I still there's a stereotype in poorer countries that everyone in America is rich and has a big house like on TV.  Then they come over and reality sets in.  Fast food and fat people everywhere, living in trailers like Mike or empty apartments like the other one.   

Americans want to get a nice home and nice car but it's not reality even for many who are born here.  And they don't all want to come to America.  Western Europe and up and coming Eastern European countries are appealing too. 

Yes, exactly. People from there often migrate to the US with plans of making it rich (I am excluding those who came here on work.visas). Virtually all Eastern European that I have met complained about how it turned out to be in the US: endless strip malls, fast food chains, obesity, staying home and watching TV instead of going out, loneliness, etc. Most Russians in the US gravitate towards major cities where they can simulate their old lifestyle as much as possible and find other Russian/Ukrainian friends. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 2/13/2021 at 12:14 AM, renatae said:

Mike and Natalie try therapy; Jovi's father questions Yara; Tarik and Hazel worry about Harrey; Stephanie upsets Ryan with her psychic's prediction; Andrew has another plan; Rebecca is jealous when Zied gets female attention.

Stephanie and Rebecca are an embarrassment for all women. At their age,  jealousy should be the last thing on their radar or annoyance list. If you feel an inkling of jealousy, move on. What a waste of time even worrying about nonsense like that. Come on...

10 hours ago, Twopper said:

I thought at the beginning of the season when he was still in Tunisia that he mentioned he had some money saved, but that the money wouldn't last too long.

Rebecca should be introducing him to her friends--if she has any--and not hanging around with her daughter and her friends.  Well, she doesn't need to get with the "friend" that let the cat out of the bag about Rebecca and her ex living in the same building.  I am sure Zied is bored and a bit angry because he is constantly hearing the ex mentioned.  He is going to enjoy being around people his age, and she is not going to enjoy watching him interact with the youngsters .  Maybe he can find some ex-pats from his native land.

I would think Rebecca could offer beer and pizza to some of the younger crowd to help with the moving. 

And what's with her desire to get him fully sleeved with temporary tats.  Not everyone likes and/or wants them.  He will probably get a real one just to make her happy and she will make sure it says  "I never want children"

Rebecca is getting on my last nerve, but she has lots of company with Natalie, Yara, Stephani, Ma and Pa Brandon, and Ma and Pa Jovi.

and Rebecca has had that apartment for maybe two weeks?  I am not sure someone from Tunisia appreciates the fact that Americans choose apartments that have exposed brick walls.   My son and DIL lived in a converted warehouse for about 10 years; it was big enough to serve as a home, office, and place of business all in one. 

I agree with your entire post. Well said

• Love 2
13 hours ago, RealReality said:

I like Zied but I wish he would meet someone other than Rebecca. She seems to get a kick out of telling him (only when there's cameras) secrets that she hasn't divulged yet, only to watch him intently to see if he still loves her. I mean, how many secrets does she still have to divulge to this poor guy? She needs to let him go, and stay off internet dating sites.

• Love 7
On 2/13/2021 at 8:13 AM, Persnickety1 said:

Mother Jovi is becoming almost as annoying as Mother Brandon, in her own special way.  

Did anyone else catch how annoyed and outraged Jovi's parents were when Yara said that generalizing all Ukrainian girls as out for $ and US citizenship, is like saying all Americans are stupid. She had a point and I started to laugh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 2/13/2021 at 11:10 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Stephanie and her boyfriend certainly have no chemistry.   The only thing he wants to do

Why is it clear to the entire viewing audience, and all of Stephanies friends, that Ryan does not care for her and he is using her for all the gifts she gives them as well as she pays his salary. Not that he knows this yet. I feel so embarrassed for her and I question what her motive is for having this all on TV.

• Love 4

So....in a way,  I understand Rebecca's behavior at dinner. I really think back home, Zied was pretty spoiled (as much as he could be) by his family and very sheltered. He isn't a player.....and while he may have watched a lot of tv, being face to face or alone with a beautiful woman his age who is flirty may make him uncomfortable or, he may just not know how to handle it. I think she was flirty....not that there is anything wrong with flirting, and REbecca can't lock him away like a prize, but, even her daughter said, Zied had only been on the ground a few days. Poor man is getting his sense of footing. I do think it is shitty when women openly flirt with someone while their partner is right there---disrespectful. Rewatching, the daughter and Micah, even their male friend, look VERY uncomfortable with the whole thing when the girl is chatting him up. The special one on one talking head with the blonde seemed producer driven to get her to admit she was attracted to him, create some drama when REbecca sees the episode 

• Love 4

@Frozendiva, I would love it if every season that bedazzled skull jacket got sent to the most pretentious cast member of the season.   
i can’t believe that Rebecca‘s family and friends didn’t call her out for shacking up with a Muslim guy when she was chastising them for suggesting that he allow a younger, prettier American woman to help him get situated. (She did suggest that her family members had trucks, not just her). And I thought it was decent that the guys in the group suggested they bring along Zied on a hunting trip.  Let zied have some friendships (I was going to say relationships 😎) of his own.   And Rebecca is the equivalent of the Muslim devil for trying to corrupt Zied with the tattoos, living in sin, etc.  I do not have sympathy for her.  She is very selfish.
I have expected Natalie’s therapist to say look, “this may not work out for you both so you better hurry up and figure it out.” But he wasn’t even hopeful that I could tell.  He should’ve had them leave with some homework so that they don’t waste all their time staring at each other with big old pouts on their faces.  I swear that she’s already pregnant and she hasn’t told anybody.  Do you remember her comment that she needed to gain weight?  What was that about?
I can’t stand Stephanie and her whiny voice so I’m always struggling not to fast forward but I want to jump up and point at the TV every time Ryan proclaims that his goal is to see Michigan and all the US delights that are there, such as country music concerts.  
I simply hate Andrew and I do fast forward thru his scenes.  Throw your poor fiancé into another detention center while you get massages and eat steak meals for 2.  Pig.  If she goes to Serbian, she better change her phone number to (try to) make him really sweat.  
Tarik and Hazel.  I feel bad for Hazel and her son.  But maybe it is better that he stays with his dad and doesn’t become a part of the 3some family.  This needs to be disclosed to the rest of her family ASAP.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, Colfrmb said:

I want to jump up and point at the TV every time Ryan proclaims that his goal is to see Michigan and all the US delights that are there, such as country music concerts.

I can't stand either of them, truthfully, and yes I have been to Michigan and yes it is a beautiful state, but he is full of crap.  I know she lives there but really....he is just gross.  I can't stand the cadence nor sound of his voice, Andrew's or Stephanie's.    Stephanie seems like the type to come to Minnesota and only want to go to the Mall of America.  Here is a news flash:  It is a mall.  He seems to look at her with contempt.

31 minutes ago, Colfrmb said:

Tarik and Hazel.  I feel bad for Hazel and her son.  But maybe it is better that he stays with his dad and doesn’t become a part of the 3some family.  This needs to be disclosed to the rest of her family ASAP.

I feel for him too - stay with Dad and stepmom, who can't afford orange juice, having a three way marriage for parents.  I am still not seeing what he sees in Hazel - she is so flat.  I used to like Tarik but now he reminds me of an overgrown teen, looking for sex 24/7.

36 minutes ago, Colfrmb said:

i can’t believe that Rebecca‘s family and friends didn’t call her out for shacking up with a Muslim guy when she was chastising them for suggesting that he allow a younger, prettier American woman to help him get situated.

I would have, and truthfully I would have enjoyed every minute of listening to her squirm, deflect and try to defend herself.  This may sound mean but I hope Zied breaks up with her and finds a nice normal girl his own age.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

@Frozendiva, I would love it if every season that bedazzled skull jacket got sent to the most pretentious cast member of the season.   

Love it!  It could be the 90 Day Fiance equivalent to the Tour de France's yellow shirt!

• LOL 3

I am just watching this and Yara is giving me life! Yes,  Yara you can dress however you like. I loved her retort to Jovi and the parents talking about Ukrainian women ‘they all want Greencards and are scammers’ Yara, ‘that is a stereotype like people think Americans are stupid and actually I want to move to be closer to my mom’ cut to the pearl clutching parents saying that Yara may take their 30 year old baby away. I guess it is okay for Yara to move though....but they still get to call her a Ukrainian trickster who dresses too provocatively.  Yara is a sharp one, I like her. I know this was all likely already said but it bears repeating.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Chalby said:

Why is it clear to the entire viewing audience, and all of Stephanies friends, that Ryan does not care for her and he is using her for all the gifts she gives them as well as she pays his salary. Not that he knows this yet. I feel so embarrassed for her and I question what her motive is for having this all on TV.

If I had to hazard a guess, I think that Stephani has no idea how she comes off. Have we met any of her friends or does she only have employees? 

I look forward to her inevitably screaming about unfair editing. 

50 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I am just watching this and Yara is giving me life! Yes,  Yara you can dress however you like. I loved her retort to Jovi and the parents talking about Ukrainian women ‘they all want Greencards and are scammers’ Yara, ‘that is a stereotype like people think Americans are stupid and actually I want to move to be closer to my mom’ cut to the pearl clutching parents saying that Yara may take their 30 year old baby away. I guess it is okay for Yara to move though....but they still get to call her a Ukrainian trickster who dresses too provocatively.  Yara is a sharp one, I like her. I know this was all likely already said but it bears repeating.

Just LOL, Yara can't win, either a green card scammer or an evil minx kidnapping their knockoff John Cryer son. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I can't stand either of them, truthfully, and yes I have been to Michigan and yes it is a beautiful state, but he is full of crap.  I know she lives there but really....he is just gross.  I can't stand the cadence nor sound of his voice, Andrew's or Stephanie's.    Stephanie seems like the type to come to Minnesota and only want to go to the Mall of America.  Here is a news flash:  It is a mall.  He seems to look at her with contempt.

They are annoying as all get out. I'm usually doing WWF at the same time, but if I wasn't, I would be FFing till my finger fell off when they are on. This woman is delusional, entitled and has a screw loose. When she was tormenting him over what the psychic said, it reminded me of how you feel when you have a dream that a loved one did you wrong, and you wake up trying to shake off the resentment. But how can you take someone to task for something that you think might happen several years down the road? She needs to take a seat.

Earlier, people were wondering what happened at the end - she was talking to him, things seemed to be going well, and the next thing you know, he's walking out and she's whine-screaming at him. You didn't miss anything - that's exactly how it went. Guess we'll find out on Sunday what that was about.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I think she is smart and doesn't back down. What doesn't make sense is, how could she be so stupid to get pregnant TWICE by this loser?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I just watched the scene of Jovi and Yara’s engagement party.  At first I was horrified and sad at how they talk to each other, with relentless brutality and certainly others could hear or were listening out of morbid curiosity.  Then when Yara told Mother Jovi how nice the party was, I breathed a sigh of relief.  That said, people like this who can be literally night and day in their words and behavior scare me.  
As far as Yara being mad that Jovi didn’t bring her the right food...  why wait for him to deliver?  Clearly she is spending money without him around.  He did ask her how much that new dress cost.  She probably has her own credit card (he pays of course).  I am pretty sure she knows how to use Uber Eats or other food delivery services.  I don’t remember where she was sequestered, but just go in the parents’ frig and grab something, even a piece of toast.  I am sure Mother Jovi would be thrilled to have her trying her homemade leftovers.    
And I can’t stand people who use the excuse “see what you made me do?”  It’s borderline abusive.  Yara uses that excuse constantly.  (“Don’t make me mad or I don’t know what I’ll do” comes to mind and if that was a male saying those things, I would be really sick with worry)

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

And I can’t stand people who use the excuse “see what you made me do?”  It’s borderline abusive.  Yara uses that excuse constantly.  (“Don’t make me mad or I don’t know what I’ll do” comes to mind and if that was a male saying those things, I would be really sick with worry)

A very Angela tactic of control.  Yikes.  Good catch, Colfrmb.

• Love 1
On 2/20/2021 at 10:22 AM, Colfrmb said:

As far as Yara being mad that Jovi didn’t bring her the right food...  why wait for him to deliver?  Clearly she is spending money without him around.  He did ask her how much that new dress cost.  She probably has her own credit card (he pays of course).  I am pretty sure she knows how to use Uber Eats or other food delivery services.  I don’t remember where she was sequestered, but just go in the parents’ frig and grab something, even a piece of toast.  I am sure Mother Jovi would be thrilled to have her trying her homemade leftovers.    

I agree so much with all of this.  When it comes to food, no way would I wait around for someone to deliver.  I want what I want, when I want it, within reason, of course.  

Bolding - it is borderline abusive, you are right.  

• Love 3
On 2/17/2021 at 8:35 PM, magemaud said:

I imagine we are going to see what happened in those missing four hours next Sunday night and that blow up scene was just a preview. 

Yeah, I think TLC is gonna reveal what they are fighting about in the next episode. I can’t wait to see if she calls Harris up to sleep with her again! 

• LOL 2

I really, really hate Tariq and Hazel.  I do not care to watch either one of them trying to recruit chicks. It's nice to see that Hazel no longer looks sickly thin.  Her and Tariq have put some weight on.

Superficial, but since Natalie is...what the hell happened to her face?  I thought she was really pretty the first time around.  It's like her face has morphed into a shapeless potato.

And remember the first season she couldn't say she loves him?  Now she is upset that he isn't in love with her?  Or said they aren't in love anymore?  I seriously hope that Mike gets out of this relationship. He looks miserable and it's only going to get worse.

On Brandon and Julia, I'm with the dad -- who tells their parents about a possible pregnancy if you haven't even tested.  Producer manipulation. 

• Love 7

Wow so damned if you do and damned if you don’t....poor Zied. Rebecca was upset when he wasn’t getting along with her daughter and friends now that he seems to be forming friendships she is angry. Keeping him isolated will make him hate you Rebecca, he isn’t a toy.

• Love 4
On 2/21/2021 at 5:44 PM, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Dating profiles are definitely delusional! There are faces photoshopped and filtered until the real face is unrecognizable and very outdated photos that only come to light when meeting in person.  Profiles aren't genuine, modest or candid any more: every other profile is a guy posing with an exotic tiger on vacation, doing shirtless poses in a dirty bathroom mirror or wearing sunglasses in a luxury rental car.  I once got up the courage and politely asked a date why he looked a lot younger in his profile photos than in person and he said, "I love how I looked in high school"- the guy was 36 years old 😂!!  I've taken a break from dating for the past year or so and I don't miss the dating apps at all. 

Yeah!  Rebecca showed Ziad a picture of herself from about 25 yrs ago.  Now, she’s double her weight, puffy face, quite hippie on the bottom and shows her age.  Plus, she can’t give him children.  Plus she’s very jealous of younger girls looking at him, and he looking at them.  She will turn out to be a nagging jealous wife. Not fair to him.  He deserves a better life with his own children.  I don’t see this working out at all.  She is a selfish woman.

• Love 2