Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E01: Being Strong or Being a Bitch

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

34 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Betcha it was surgical. If so, the doctor didn't have much too work with if the result is Top Ramen style. 

He should just throw in the towel already. But since his hair (such as it is) apparently has its own plot line, I guess they can't. 

Kody's late brother was bald and he looked good! 

His hair has a plotline!! Omg. Lol!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I bet if Meri hadn't initiated the divorce, Kody would have. It just wouldn't look as good for his image, such as it is. 

Bingo! Somehow Cody and Robyn planted this seed in Meri's mind that it was necessary to protect Robyn's 3 oldest children. If I were Meri I would have ignored the suggestion and most likely the subsequent begging for her to divorce him so that he could marry Robyn.  Let Cody get the divorce and look like the big prick that he is.  But no she went right along enabling him and Robyn. What Robyn want Robyn gets.

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, Quickbeam said:

Oy, what a mess. I do think Kody is right about the one house concept. If you boot out all the kids over 18, there aren’t that many minor children any more. You love polygamy? Then live it. 4 houses for this brood is a stupid waste of money.

Oh there you go with logic. That's a term that this group has never heard of, but seems a few of the kids have learned.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Newmy said:

They’re all clearly miserable and at this point have even abandoned selling the farce that plural marriage is great. At this point I continue to watch in hopes that at least one of the three ignored wives will come to their senses and leave. 

From your mouth to TLC's ear but I don't think it's ever going to happen publicly.  I mean they've already pretty much checked out. I bet Meri is still living at that B&B she set up and only rents an air b&b for filming (I wonder how she's doing with that venture due to covid).  Janelle was never really there.  She and Christine had a great setup in Lehi BS (before Sobyn) as Janelle worked and Christine took care of the kids. I think Janelle too doesn't really live there and is renting an Air B&B for filming. 

Christine who really loved Koduche is the one that truly lost out.  I mean the guy checked out before she had her last kid. She isn't a bad looking woman and I bet she can find some Mormon dude that could make her happy.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, deirdra said:

"Seeing pink elephants" is a euphemism for a drunken hallucination

I thought a giant pink bunny was Jimmy Stewart's drunken hallucination?

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Kody's late brother was bald and he looked good! 

And his other brother, who went to Sedona with Kootie to visit the draftsperson of the plyg palace, also had his head shaved and looked great.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Chalby said:

I know this is a silly thing to be annoyed with, but I don't like when specific sayings or expressions are butchered. Since when does the elephant in the room have to be pink? I have also noticed an increase in the usage of the word "conversate" on reality shows. That word is ridiculous, yet more and more people are using it as though it's the norm. It's not- say converse like everyone else, or better yet, just replace with the word "speak".

Don’t forget how meri fills about things. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Chalby said:

I know this is a silly thing to be annoyed with, but I don't like when specific sayings or expressions are butchered. Since when does the elephant in the room have to be pink? I have also noticed an increase in the usage of the word "conversate" on reality shows. That word is ridiculous, yet more and more people are using it as though it's the norm. It's not- say converse like everyone else, or better yet, just replace with the word "speak".

And, "two edged sword" which yes, I know is technically correct but....

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

4) Caleb deserves a swift and strong kick to the 'nads.  WTF man?  Hollering about wanting to spread more of his super sperm to make more cute babies?  She just had one.  With many future needs that will require a lot of attention.  Doesn't the baby deserve that?  Doesn't Madison?  Give her womb a break.  Pig.  And really?  During a huge family get together?  Looked like he was peeing on his property.  

Agree. I'm all live and let live with people and family size choices, but they are parents of a special needs child, so any discussion of baby 3 should be taken seriously. 

• Love 20
16 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

4) Caleb deserves a swift and strong kick to the 'nads.  WTF man?  Hollering about wanting to spread more of his super sperm to make more cute babies?  She just had one.  With many future needs that will require a lot of attention.  Doesn't the baby deserve that?  Doesn't Madison?  Give her womb a break.  Pig.  And really?  During a huge family get together?  Looked like he was peeing on his property.  

It was, indeed, a disgusting display. 

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

Agree. I'm all live and let live with people and family size choices, but they are parents of a special needs child, so any discussion of baby 3 should be taken seriously. 

Two special needs children.  Axel with his apraxia and Evangelical with her deformities.

But taking things seriously isn't in the Brown's lexicon.  Besides, they don't need to worry, their legion of fans will pay for treatment.  And another child with special needs is good for the grifting business playing the sympathy card.

• Love 10
16 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

I rilly, rilly fill that Robyn's method of handling everyone is to cry all. the. time.  It puts the attention on her (which she likes), it also removes any possible fault from her - so win-win.  All the family seem to be in exactly the same place as when we last saw them - Christine and Kody aren't getting along, Janelle tries to deal with everyone in a logical fashion, Robyn cries, and Mary is withholding.  Oh, and Kody thinks he's the only adult in the group.  It's so bizarre, they seem to prefer the family dynamic from when they lived together, yet they don't really want to live together - and living on the cut-de-sac seemed to make some of the wives feel isolated.  The ONE HOUSE idea is out, not sure how building and living in adjacent homes will end up being different than their Las Vegas home situation.  Being content and happy just doesn't seem to be in the cards for them.

Just call her ROBYN-CRYBABY-BROWN.. It's all she is. (just like MARIAH-CRYBABY-CAREY

Edited by Boston
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Chalby said:

Robyn infuriates me with her God will provide nonsense. If God gave you the ability to pray for change he gave you the ability to make change. Just sitting around waiting on some faceless thing to change your life is ridiculous. Change comes from within.

That way she doesn’t have to admit she wants the mansion sized house, she is just doing God’s bidding. It’s the same when she is fake crying over the other wives happiness when she is insisting Kody stay with her all the time. 

• Love 17

Once again it's all about Kody all the time and he blames the wives for his/their woes such as traveling from one to the other on a daily basis, renting a moving truck on a daily basis and so on.  He has a teaching moment with Robyn's and his kids and claims they now own the house the house they'e living in, give me a break.  I'm 100% sure the lender owns that house! There is little to no joy in this polygamy family and it's only getting worse every season.  Do any of these people even have a job?

• Love 17
9 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Of course Meri wasn’t available to meet Maddie’s baby, because she was away ‘on business’. Sure Jan, nothing to do with the fact you two have had an obvious rift, since the great Twitter meltdown/ Lularoe fallout of 2018.  

What happened there, anyone know?  I did read something about most of the adult children not liking Meri but there was no  detail.   These women have been “sister wives” and sharing Kody for many years now and they are still whining and complaining about the basic polygamy life rules.  Christine’s problem is her jealousy, she admitted it at the table, Robyn feels like she is the problem so she always cries so she can get sympathy and reassurance that it Is not her fault.  Meri is just along for the ride at this point, I don’t think Kody loves her anymore and probably wouldn’t care if she walked away.  It surprises me that Janelle was the one to call the meeting, she always gave me the impression that she cared the least out of the whole group.  They have been trying to figure out their relationships and come to some kind of happiness since their kids were small, now the kids are having kids and they are still working at it.  Give it up ladies and just live your own lives.  

• Love 14
4 hours ago, 65mickey said:

By the way is Dayton still enrolled at North Arizona University? Wasn't this the reason fro the entire circus to pick up and move? 

Another poster (sorry but I don't recall who) said that Dayun dropped out long ago 

If anyone can elaborate please do because I'd love to know exactly what happened.

Edited by Joan of Argh
SpellingK
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Also, in almost every article I’ve read or testimony I’ve heard, older wives are put out to pasture.  What is happening in this family is not unusual or mysterious, but these ladies apparently haven’t paid attention.  Although, Christine seemed to say outright that lots of plural families are living the same way.   

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

Oy, what a mess. I do think Kody is right about the one house concept. If you boot out all the kids over 18, there aren’t that many minor children any more. You love polygamy? Then live it. 4 houses for this brood is a stupid waste of money.

I agree.   Polygamy should be a family living together.  Not each wife having her own million dollar house.  It's ridiculous.  If you can't stand sharing your kitchen with another wife, then you're in the wrong kind of family.  Go live by yourself.   When they all lived together they seemed much happier.  A real family unit.  And if you're jealous when your husband takes another wife, get out of that lifestyle!  You can't handle being in a polygamist family!   What a mess. It's painful to watch.  Cody looks absolutely miserable.  Meri doesn't seem part of the family anymore.  Uggh....

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Everything is the same in the Brown tribe except Curly is way more open about his disdain for the 3 original recipe wives.  Several comments:

1) if Christine is antimask and not taking precautions she is dumber than I thought.  A huge feat previously thought impossible.  Shoulda known: toasters

2) Robyn is aging in dog years

3) only kids that matter are Robyn's

Curly 😂

And I agree about Caleb 🙄

• Love 8

Caleb sounded like a stupid jerk.

He's 2 for 2 with both children having special needs.

Axel has apraxia plus if you follow Maddie he has regular meltdowns and emotional problems, he throws tantrums over the smallest things and gets violent, like trying to shove the flat-screen TV to the floor and smashing it... Maddie has cut back on details but she still references Axel needing extra attention and the stress it creates.

Miss EvieK has missing fingers and had her foot amputated plus Maddie regularly posts about Evie having meltdowns and needing to be held and rocked.

Maddie can say that EvieK will be a warrior and not a victim...blah, blah, blah all she wants but real life is often more difficult than stupid catch phrases and proclamations. 🙄

Meanwhile big dumb doofus Caleb is away at work while Maddie has to deal with all the problems.

I won't be at all surprised if they have more special needs children

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
32 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

What happened there, anyone know?  I did read something about most of the adult children not liking Meri but there was no  detail.  

Maddie was working for Meri in her Lularoe pyramid scheme downline in 2018-ish, right before Axel was born and Meri put out a passive aggressive social media post out, the gist of which, stated some Lularoe retailers are lazy and don’t work hard enough to make their business successful. Maddie immediately fired off these tweets...827A0201-86A9-4DAD-821B-52F19720F1C9.thumb.jpeg.2911b38937b15f9a4c27310e945e78ca.jpeg

...before shutting down her Twitter account entirely and Meri deleted her post. Maddie reportedly switched to someone else’s Lularoe downline (Christine’s?) which may have triggered the feud, before abandoning it for good. They don’t follow each other on Instagram or seem to have any relationship since, I believe this bad blood was likely the real reason Meri wasn’t at Axel’s birth and they all danced around it on the season. When Kody talked about Meri needing to fix poor relationships with the kids last season this is the one he’s referring too. Interestingly Audrey (and Mariah by extension) were also in Meri’s downline and abandoned Lularoe not long after also.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

These women irritate me so much. They have revisionist history about their times in Lehi. They weren't happy then either. Jenelle worked 12 plus hours a day and spent little time with her brood. Christine did the child care and all were jealous of Kody's time with their sister wives. Luckily, they had Logan, Maddie and pre-woke Mariah who were the glue to keeping day-to-day life running. The move to Vegas, the start of irresponsible financial decisions plus the addition of The Dark Wife sealed their fate. I could not give AF about these women and their vapid leader Kody. 

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, endure said:

Once again it's all about Kody all the time and he blames the wives for his/their woes such as traveling from one to the other on a daily basis, renting a moving truck on a daily basis and so on.  He has a teaching moment with Robyn's and his kids and claims they now own the house the house they'e living in, give me a break.  I'm 100% sure the lender owns that house! There is little to no joy in this polygamy family and it's only getting worse every season.  Do any of these people even have a job?

GRIFTERS.

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, Kid said:

Kody asks "Ladies, why aren't you happy?"

Because, you are a dick!

I do agree that he is one, but they don’t try very hard in my opinion to adhere to the “principle”.  They just continue through the years to dislike and be jealous of each other.  I think Christine and Janelle are closest and Christine adores Maddie’s  kids.  Mykelti is pregnant, let’s see if Janelle returns the favor.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I do agree that he is one, but they don’t try very hard in my opinion to adhere to the “principle”.

I think the "principle" got kicked to the curb a long time ago.  Now they worship at the Altar of the Almighty Dollar and TLC Ratings.  There isn't a hint of religion left in this mess.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

I don't recall Maddie or Mariah helping out very much, just Logan & Aspyn.

Deirdra, You are probably right. I do remember seeing Logan especially cooking breakfast and helping with younger kids. It was a long time ago. 

• Love 3

Mariah never helped anybody, she was a princess from the get go. I remember a very early episode where she was being a total bitch when the older girls got together to make a breakfast - maybe for Mother's Day?  The rest were making fun of her as I recall.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, endure said:

Dear Kootie:  You do NOT OWN that McMansion, any more than any of you OWNED those homes in LV.  If you did, surely you and your Dark Wife would burn your mortgage on camera!  

Oh, can I add that the way Janelle sucked up to the dark queen was nauseating?  

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Dear Kootie:  You do NOT OWN that McMansion, any more than any of you OWNED those homes in LV.  If you did, surely you and your Dark Wife would burn your mortgage on camera!  

Oh, can I add that the way Janelle sucked up to the dark queen was nauseating?  

I wanted to throat punch Janelle rushing over to defend Sobbin Robyn.. but she knows if you want to stay on kodys good side you better not make Robyn sad so she had to rush over and act like Robyn is a saint.

The last couple seasons Christine lied her as off about how she used to be jealous of Robyn but realized it was all in her head and now she's besties with her.... BIG FAT LIE... Christine hates her and wishes that she never came along because up until then Christine was the shiny new penny...now she's an old hag that kody ignores with his phone and she can hang around kissing his ass until the cows come home and she'll never be attractive or desirable in kodys eyes.

During the show I was thinking about the wives and realized that kody has been an ass to all but Robyn... He tells meri that he regrets their relationship and never loved her, Christine was a gross pig eating nachos like a fat slob and he wasn't really attracted to Janelle but he liked her having a good job and he liked having a buddy he could talk to.... Has he ever said anything unflattering about Robyn?? Even when she's acting like a dumb ass spoiled bitch?..NOPE not a peep...all he does is grovel for her attention...those 2 deserve each other. 🙄

• Useful 2
  • Love 21

Just wanted to throw in another “change” for this plural marriage that Kody doesn’t seem to get, that I forgot to mention in my post upthread:

Janelle is 50, Meri is 49, Christine, is 48, Robyn is 41.

The average age of menopause is 51.  Most women start to notice perimenopause symptoms in their 40’s.  Tons of research has been done identifying not just physical but psychological issues, mostly temporary, that many women face during this time.

In other words, these bitches might just have something going on with them, emotionally and psychologically, as aging women,  other than not getting enough attention/being jealous of attention showed to others from their shared husband.

I’ll bet their stage in life of declining fertility, hormonal rollercoasters and the associated physical, psychological and emotional issues they face from that won’t be mentioned.

Geez why can’t these broads just “figure it out”, like Kody said?  LOL!!!

Edited by kicotan
Grammar
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

I've always thought that part of the resentment of the original three is that Robin brought three kids with her and then had two more. The financial pie got sliced even thinner when she arrived. I don't blame the originals for being pissed off.

Edited by Shelbie
  • Love 23
3 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

These women irritate me so much. They have revisionist history about their times in Lehi. They weren't happy then either. Jenelle worked 12 plus hours a day and spent little time with her brood. Christine did the child care and all were jealous of Kody's time with their sister wives. Luckily, they had Logan, Maddie and pre-woke Mariah who were the glue to keeping day-to-day life running. The move to Vegas, the start of irresponsible financial decisions plus the addition of The Dark Wife sealed their fate. I could not give AF about these women and their vapid leader Kody. 

Were they in Lehi when Janelle took a leave of absence?  it's not like it was a bed of roses back then.

2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I think the "principle" got kicked to the curb a long time ago.  Now they worship at the Altar of the Almighty Dollar and TLC Ratings.  There isn't a hint of religion left in this mess.

I see that instead of obeying the commandment to live a plural life, Kody is going full out now for romantic love like he imagines "normal" marriages to be.  And, no, there is no hint of the religion they espoused at first which I think excluded pork and shellfish (although I may have their dietary restrictions confused with those of the Duggars) as well as the regular LDS exclusion of coffee, tea, and alcohol,

and this principal is supposed to teach "selflessness" but it seems that only applies to the women.

and no one mentions that they went on TV at about the same time Robyn was brought into the fold and they escaped the persecution in Utah by moving to Vegas

I think Janelle is concerned about hanging onto the TLC money train and that's why she is trying to get them back together in some form for another season. 

Someone rilly, rilly needs to speak up and say they resented moving to Flagstaff just for Dayun's sake and then he drops out of ASU-Flagg or whatever place it was.  I do feel for Meri as I think she had made friends in Vegas.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Were they in Lehi when Janelle took a leave of absence? 

No, it was much earlier in the marriage when they were living in a trailer.  One kitchen & paper-thin walls must have been hard.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6