Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E01: Being Strong or Being a Bitch

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

Janelle gathers Kody and the wives to talk about their increasingly tense family dynamic; Kody gets honest and says no loner wants to advocate for polygamy; Robyn and Christine open up about their own insecurities as they question everything.

Air Date 2.14.2021

I am aware there are some inconsistencies with the season numbering, but TLC is listing this as Season 15, so for clarity it will be listed as Season 15.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Of course this was filmed a long time ago but it wouldn't matter. All the dynamics are exactly the same. Forever was and forever will be. Yes, Kody the problem is you because you have supported the default positions and have done nothing but shift blame back on the wives. And there is no doubt in my mind that you LOVE being the one everyone wants. You live as a husband with Robyn who says she fills bad but in reality fills good. Janelle, you were not happy in Utah either. You've always been distant with the other wives and nothing more than a business pal with Kody. Christine, you will forever be pining away for your lost position as the "favorite." Robyn took your place...and you will not get it back. Meri, I'm so sorry but honestly no one in the family likes you - at all.

We have watched the same season 14 times and now another...

Extra frustrating to watch since we now know that C-19 is gonna make matters much worse.  

• Love 5

Omg.  All these years of “what do monogamists do????? Polygamy is the best!” Done in one fell swoop.  Hubby and I were yelling at the tv.  We were also yelling to watch out cuz Kody looks pissed. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 18

Since faith is supposedly at the center of their situation, I feel obliged to remind Kody of the following: 

Matthew: 26 ...but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;  27 And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:  28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, whydoievencare said:

Being content and happy just doesn't seem to be in the cards for them.

I have often observed Kodys behaviour when a wife doesn't agree with him. These women are at the age where having children isn't in the future. So what is the goal of their plural marriage? Heck, Kody doesn't even love them all. They should have stayed at the culdesac in Vegas. Kody has never treated them equally, and in return some of them are pulling passive aggressive moves which makes everyone unhappy. If it were me, i would have wanted to dig a well on the property, arrange for septic and buy 4 double wide mobile homes. With this group, they need to separate, and we need to quit financing their dysfunction. I laughed re: kody not being home during the day. Does he even work? Or does he hang out with Robyn all day?

• Love 22

Christine had to beg for donations to pay for a serious surgery for her daughter, but the family meeting only addresses grievances about not getting enough personal time with Kody?  And Kody had the temerity to be pissed with Christine about her needs?

• Love 18
4 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

The move from Vegas was a huge mistake if they want to keep the family together.  It's gotten worse every time they move.

The Vegas situation was ideal, so there must have been some enormous legal issue.

4 hours ago, deirdra said:

"Seeing pink elephants" is a euphemism for a drunken hallucination

Yes, "don't think of pink elephants" is a meditation to try to not think of something you're trying NOT to do, completely unrelated to "the elephant in the room," which means the obvious thing everyone in a group knows and is avoiding talking about. You can count on these clowns to get it wrong every time.

• Love 19

I didn't watch the episode but I caught the opening credits. It amazes me how they have dropped trying to sell their lifestyle as something "great" and "awesome".  I still feel that things would have been fine with them if they didn't bring Sobyn in the fray. It was Meri's undoing. 

• Love 20
9 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

So I haven't watched since season one (and never will) so I rely on you strong souls to offer explanations.

What the heck does the title of this episode even mean?  To whom does it refer?

I couldn't find a reason for the title either.  Was it because Robyn was still holding out hope that God would find them a rennall right up until the very last minute, when she had to reluctantly accept the fact that they had been approved for a mortgage on their million dollar home?  Was it because Janelle called a meeting to have them confront hard facts about why they were in the relationship?  Was it because Meri invented a reason not to be in attendance when Maddie and Caleb introduced baby Evie to those in the family that actually cared about her?

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I was watching a show the other day and a woman was telling her friend about a conversation with her husband and she said "I was conversating at him and he ignored me" 

Conversating??  Maybe that's why he ignored you  😂

If someone was "conversating" AT me, I'd ignore them too.

The majority of this family's financial problems were avoidable.  With the money they're making from TLC, they shouldn't be having financial problems.  Since none of them have real jobs, they should have been socking away this TLC money while they were getting it.  If they planned things properly -- rather than making rash decisions, acting on them, and then being surprised that things don't always fall perfectly in place -- they could avoid situations where they're paying 5 mortgages and renting houses and renting trucks for weeks at a time.  Then again, there wouldn't be much content for the show if they didn't have all these issues.  And none of them (well, maybe Janelle a little bit) are willing to sacrifice having a mini-mansion for the sake of saving money.  From a financial perspective, they're setting a horrible example for their children.  And I was scratching my head at all the complaints about financial intermingling being complicated because Kody's involved in the finances of all the wives....aren't they supposed to be ONE family...?     

It's really hard to find someone to root for in this mess....other than the kids.

Kody -- definitely the worst.  Creates chaos and then sits back and complains.... about how chaotic his life is.  His passive-aggressive behavior toward Meri is despicable.  He was the real victim in the catfishing debacle, but the way he's acting now, I actually feel more sorry for Meri at this point   It's clear he's punishing her (and appears to have no intention of stopping), and some may say she deserves it, but that's a pretty pathetic approach to take with your own marriage.  

Meri -- I have flashes of sympathy for her, but she's brought so much of this on herself that it's hard.  My take on it is that Janelle and Christine were quite close in the Utah home and Meri felt like an outsider, so she brought in someone -- Robyn -- to be on her side, not realizing at the time how spectacularly it was going to backfire on her.  And then to add the catfishing on top of it -- her name is mud in this family.  It's nice that she has seemingly come around and supports Mariah and Audrey, but that didn't go so smoothly either in the beginning.  I don't blame her for being reluctant to take a position on anything.  She mostly looks defensive and withdrawn at every family event. 

Janelle -- Most of the time, she's my favorite as she seems to act more from reason than emotion....someone in this family needs to.  But then she goes along with these crazy schemes to leave houses unsold and pick up and move without a "real" plan in place.  

Christine -- Usually I tend to like her as well.  She wears her heart on her sleeve, but she's also willing to speak her mind.  I think she's perhaps not a mental giant, but generally seems to be kind-hearted.  Janelle's kids clearly bonded with her.  I think she got royally screwed when she was having Truely because Kody seemed more interested in being with Robyn than with being with his wife who was in labor.  Based on the previews at the end,

Spoiler

she apparently was one of the those people who was going to keep living her life, COVID be damned.  If it turns out she's an anti-masker too, well I guess I won't be surprised.

Robyn -- Married into this crazy mess, but seems quite happy to be perched on top of the wives' pecking order.  She also wants to appear like a martyr.....she's sacrificing....she's trying to get along with everyone...but it's interesting how she generally seems to get her way (obviously she has some pull with Kody).   

Edited by MMLEsq
Added spoiler tag.
  • Love 20

I posted something about Kody’s hair in the live chat but just then the thread was locked so I didn’t get any answers. What’s with Kody’s new hair?  Last year he was almost completely bald. Now he has lots of curls and a normal hairline. What is it? Extensions?  Transplants?  Wig or hair system?  

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Did I miss any scenes where Kody was having a warm, family-sitting-together-on-couch scenes with any other “wives” besides Robyn?

Excluding the obligatory Maddie/Caleb arrival scene at Christine’s.  Because before they arrived, Kody was on the couch by himself while the children chatted with Christine at the kitchen island.

Edited by Just Wondering
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, GussieK said:

I posted something about Kody’s hair in the live chat but just then the thread was locked so I didn’t get any answers. What’s with Kody’s new hair?  Last year he was almost completely bald. Now he has lots of curls and a normal hairline. What is it? Extensions?  Transplants?  Wig or hair system?  

Betcha it was surgical. If so, the doctor didn't have much too work with if the result is Top Ramen style. 

He should just throw in the towel already. But since his hair (such as it is) apparently has its own plot line, I guess they can't. 

Kody's late brother was bald and he looked good! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

I think it gets locked at end of airing, so the discussion can continue over here.

It locked more promptly than I expected.  Is it automatic?  I  was in the middle of editing my last post for typos when it closed.   I promise I do know how to spell;  I just couldn't correct the errors in time.

I have no idea how much longer Lularoe will survive, but Meri seems high enough up to maybe survive the crash and support herself.  Not sure if Christine is that far up the food chain, but I am sure she won't starve if she moves to St George.  I think Janelle, Kody, and Robyn really need the show to go on, although Janelle might do okay living in an rv with Savannah if she drives it to wherever her adult kids are.  Maybe they can sell the Prairie Dog land for enough profit to give everyone a little "seed" money to start over.   I fail to see how Kody can support Robyn in the style which he has given her without this show.  One of Robyn's daughters seemed ecstatic that they bought that mansionette;  I can see her hating Kody if they have to move. 

They need to be honest that the hot love affair between Kody and Robyn really messed up their family "culture' even more than the move to Vegas.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, Ucross said:

The Vegas situation was ideal, so there must have been some enormous legal issue.

I was surprised how negative they sounded about how things were in Las Vegas. 

Let's see if I have this straight: Things were the best when they lived together in Lehi because they were forced to work out their shit but, except for Janelle, the wives refuse to live in the same house again. The family dynamic was ruined when they lived in separate houses next door to each other in LV, so they moved to Flagstaff where they knew they would have to live distant from each other for at least a year until they could build houses next door to each other.  They really just seem to love wallowing in their misery.

One thing they don't talk about that changed at the same time they moved to LV is that they started being on TV. I wonder how much that is contributing to their misery. Janelle said she felt isolated and lonely in LV. When they were living in Lehi she worked and seemed to enjoy it. I think she needs structure so would be happier in a 9 to 5 job that forced her to get off the couch and out in the world every day rather than her current "job" of filming just a few weeks a year. 

• Love 18

I didn't realize how big Janelle's mcnugget was until last night. It was pretty clear to me that Kody has checked out of pretty much all of the relationships except for queen Robyn. Janelle accepts it and she has no issues with it, Christine is livid that she never gets any time with her handsome mahn, Meri looked bloated and Robyn of course just cries, which is her way of always getting what she wants

• Love 24
13 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Betcha it was surgical. If so, the doctor didn't have much too work with if the result is Top Ramen style. 

He should just throw in the towel already. But since his hair (such as it is) apparently has its own plot line, I guess they can't. 

Kody's late brother was bald and he looked good! 

Dead!

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, BravoAddict72 said:

I cannot stand Robyn. Personally, I think she ruined the family. This may sound selfish, but if I was Meri I wouldn't have divorced Kody so he could legally marry Robyn. Robyn could go kick rocks as far as I am concerened. I don't care that her kids would have had to go to their actual father id something happened to her.

I bet if Meri hadn't initiated the divorce, Kody would have. It just wouldn't look as good for his image, such as it is. 

• Love 15