Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E01: Being Strong or Being a Bitch

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

I don’t really have much to add to the great comments posted already other than:

- I started regularly watching this show towards the end of the family’s stay in Vegas. When they showed the flashbacks of pre-Vegas in this episode, there was a smiling, glowing, perky, thin, fit young lady in many scenes. I couldn’t figure out who it was until I realized IT WAS ROBYN!! This entire family is aging in dog years but WOW I think Robyn is leading for most dogged, considering where she started.

- The intro for this show is so random and ridiculous. The old intro was also terrible and looked like something I could produce on my iPhone. This new one is much slicker on the production but the tone is so strange. And the pictures used of all are terrible but especially Kody!!! Why does he look like Kermit the Frog??? He has had periods of looking really bad (he actually looks OK this season) but I don’t think he ever consistently looked how he does in the intro ever. Horribly horribly unflattering and he is so vain that you know he is PISSED at how soft and weird he looks in that intro. Choosing such horrible photos had to have been done on purpose, right?!

- Th previews for the new season with Meri saying to Kody “what if I just leaned over and kissed ya right now??!!” and him glaring at her and basically dry heaving, continue my belief that, on the whole, Meri has humiliated herself more than ANYONE ELSE on ALL of reality TV!!! She is basically a real life MadTV “Lowered Expectations” character at his point. Sad but intriguing. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, HelloOutThere said:

- Th previews for the new season with Meri saying to Kody “what if I just leaned over and kissed ya right now??!!” and him glaring at her and basically dry heaving, continue my belief that, on the whole, Meri has humiliated herself more than ANYONE ELSE on ALL of reality TV!!! She is basically a real life MadTV “Lowered Expectations” character at his point. Sad but intriguing. 

The only rationale I can think of for Meri's behavior is financial.  By her maintaining her place on the show, she gets the exposure and sympathy purchases for her LLRot business.

If she truly loves Kody, she would be wise to let him go to live his own life and she hers.  Knowing Kody as we have come to do so on the show, he just may be intrigued enough to come chasing after what he apparently can't have.  This is Flirting 101, know by most self-aware 15 year old girls (and boys) but I guess it's beyond the grasp of girls raised in a polygamous culture, where it's drilled into them that the female must subjugate herself to the male, no matter how badly they are treated.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
19 hours ago, eskimo said:

Also, the first wife to get out and who is willing to actually tell all (especially about the finances) could be set, provided they were willing to live a nice modest life from then on out.  They'd probably get one or two seasons of their 'On My Own' TLC spinoff, as well as money from a book deal.  Money that would be theirs alone, no splitsies this time!  Kody better be careful how he handles at least two potential spurned women.  Although I don't think Christine would jeopardize her relationships with the kids like that.  Meri on the other hand, she has almost nothing to lose. 

I so want this to happen. Maybe when TLC gives them the boot Meri, Janelle and Christine will see the light and pitch On Our Own. You are right about Meri having nothing to lose. Mariah will never ever stop punishing Meri for being catfished no matter how much Meri grovels at Mariah's feet. Even if Meri tells Mariah that the only way she can continue to support her and Audrey is write a tell all or get a new show sans Kody and Robyn, Mariah will continue to make Meri feel unworthy of her love. I want these women to grow a spine and take control of thier lives. 

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Kody seems way too self-absorbed to be any kind of decent lover. (Ugh)

He certainly doesn’t seem to get why the ladies are so bothered when they have to wait so many days - for all those years. As I’ve said before, when one group of people considers themselves more privileged in any area (in this case having sexual/monetary/emotional needs met in abundance while the other party suffers lack) it’s no different than slavery.

• Love 5

I'm reading a few comments about Janelle and Christine being "anti-maskers." Where are you reading this and what, actually, does it mean? There are people (I am one) who question the mask-everywhere mandates and their true effectiveness; however, I still wear one where required.. I think often "anti-mask" has become a synonym for "COVID denier" which is a very different thing.  I could see if these people primarily associate with one another, that not wearing a mask while interacting with their "family members" (I use the term loosely) would be okay.  Anyway, just curious as to where these comments came from.

These people are all miserable.  They can't hold it in at all anymore. Robin has gotten sullen, fatter and never smiles; Meri's performances at any gathering are infuriating ("I'll just sit here and if anyone asks my opinion, I'll just half-smile and remain silent"), Christine is pathetic at this point since she lost weight, started dressing nicely and still didn't get the scraps of attention she desperately wants from Kody; and Janelle (actually my favorite, because let's face it- she doesn't care about any true close relationships and just does her own thing) makes an attempt to get people to discuss what the hell they are all doing and goes nowhere.  I was disappointed that Janelle fell prey to Robyn's latest waterworks.  

I'm not sure why we are all being subjected to an hour's worth of watching this family implode in our faces.  They are all the product of their own stupid choices and petty grievances.

It's interesting to watch the older episodes in comparison.  They were upbeat, shiny-faced and actually did stuff together.  They also wore much more modest clothing (I'm thinking of the "girls" getting personal training while wearing long-sleeved shirts with tanks over them and long pants at the gym). They also swear a lot more now and reference - gasp- alcohol!!

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

Bling Empire this show is not. We have Kody and Robyn looking haggard in a U Haul talking finances and where are kids clothes amongst the bullshit in the ‘haul.  Til then we will keep on renting them bc....smart money making decisions.   God doesn’t like waffling- or does he?  Deep thoughts.

This was one clusterfuck of an opening  And I was here for it   The “fancy” water glasses never used deserve MVP.

In all seriousness and she didn’t describe it in a way I followed Christine seems very broken and I don’t want that.  Meri is checked out- shit with a quasi friend much less a sister wife I would be damned to say “I don’t recall this convo”.  

Robyn literally and figuratively looks ugly and her  attempt to look good while doubling a martyr is well past the due date  

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
14 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I wondered if he meant that as a message to Utah. Maybe he wants to move back, won't be vocal. Just a weird random late night thought..

If he moves back with one wife, he won't need to "advocate" for polygamy any more.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 2/16/2021 at 9:33 PM, DakotaJustice said:

I just remember two TLC "celebrities" who did online dating and it turned out to be a huge scandal.  Honey Boo Boo's bio dad and the oldest Duggar male kid, I can't remember either of their names.

don't forget Kate Gosselin, who subjected audiences to her dating escapades, along with gloomy teenage commentary from her twins.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

JMO but I think Kody used to be a lot hornier than he is these days as a 50+ man and Robyn is all he wants or needs, she's also the youngest of his wives by 10 years... I think the other 3 are just an obligation at this point and he'd rather not be bothered.

He wasn't attracted to them when they were young women but his sex drive and ego made up for that, now they're 50 yr old women and even less attractive and it's no longer fun to run from one house to the next to be "serviced" and fawned over.

I think the only reason he hasn't kicked them to the curb is for the TLC money and the backlash he'd get from their fans if he moved in with Robyn full time and ditched the other three.

I think Kody and Robyn are both trying to set up a situation where he can be rid of them without a lot of negativity attached, they're trying to get the wimmin to leave him then Robyn and Kody can act like innocent bystanders who tried so hard to keep the family together.

Have they severed all ties with AUB? Or vice versa? I just don't understand these folks. 

Christine could get child support for Truely for 7 more years? Help with tuition? I sure hope Robyn minused out those numbers!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I had to laugh when Janelle said that their lifestyle teaches you not to be selfish  🙄

That' "might" be true for the women although I don't see much evidence of it and for Kody their lifestyle just reinforced his selfish nature and he hasn't learned a damn thing.

• Love 11

When I was young  we went to a beach with 4 other families (no wife swapping)  and it was so much  fun. I was on an air mattress  but we beached it and watched Adventures in Babysitting, Troop Beverly Hills etc.  The moms would alter cooking. Some of of the best times of my life- esp since it was just at me and my sis and others had 4 kids (boys!)

As people get richer and families get bigger it’s nothing like it once was. And  I- now 41! Pretty much don’t go bc well- you see why.   But every single time these people look back on times gone by I feel it had to have felt like that a bit in UT (except one man was sleeping with all so maybe not) but man- I could so completely see that being wonderful and nostalgic- esp if you didn’t think about your mom having alternate sleepovers

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

I had to laugh when Janelle said that their lifestyle teaches you not to be selfish 

To be happy with this lifestyle, you'd need to not be selfish, but it doesn't automatically happen and it requires self-sacrifice for the fambly.  Christine worked hard taking care of 13 kids selflessly, but it was all on her to deal with Ysabel's surgery.  So much for family.  Janelle had a steady job with benefits and used (and lost) her inheritance on the Lehi house, but has been checked out since they moved to LV. Kootie, Meri & Robyn have always been selfish; the lifestyle made them more selfish.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 9
On 2/19/2021 at 7:11 PM, eskimo said:

I am DYING for one of the blonde wives to just suddenly snap.  Like Kristin Wiig in Bridesmaids, during the bridal shower scene, when Helen gifts Lillian with the trip to Paris.  --Kody: begins pontificating about how hard these women have made his life. Robin: begins sniffling in preparation of deflecting ANY responsibility. --Any one of the blonde wives: (sudden snap into reality) ARE YOU...F*CKING...KIDDING ME?!? Followed by an airing of the grievances, and destruction of whatever room they're in. 

giphy.gif

Bridesmaids-gif.gif

Well, I didn’t spend my travel budget for last year because, COVID, so I would be willing to put the whole thing up to see this scene on a pay per view basis and I’ll throw this year’s budget in if all three “blondes” go after Sobbin AND Kootie and tell them how they really feel.  Oh, and they have to tear up Sobbin’s mansion at the end, so Kootie has to spend hours cleaning it up (after he tends to the daughter who is going to have a panic attack) and while Sobbin takes a nap.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
On 2/14/2021 at 11:19 PM, Chalby said:

I know this is a silly thing to be annoyed with, but I don't like when specific sayings or expressions are butchered. Since when does the elephant in the room have to be pink? 

Yeah, I really get a pit in my stomach when people mis-speak sayings... 😉

• LOL 6

I am also someone who left this show a couple of seasons back but came back to it for this new season out of morbid curiosity and covid-times boredom.  I watched some of the last two seasons to catch myself up (or as much as I could bear to watch). All I can say is....wow. WOW. These people are stupid. I'm exhausted.

Some takeaways:

1. I never want to hear the term "family culture" again.

2. fil/ril/dil=🤮

3. I was actually surprised that Janelle took the initiative to get the "adults" together for a sit down. It started as one of the more transparent and difficult conversations these people have been willing to have with each other, at least to my memory...but on-brand as always, Meri added no value and just looked like she was waiting for the floor to open up and swallow her whole, while Robyn totally hijacked the moment with her tears and emotional manipulation.

4. Why are you paying for U-Haul trucks to permanently stow your crap???? Have you heard of a storage facility???

5. If we can use every family decision they make and try to execute as a template, I wouldn't be surprised if they never get around to building their barbie dream-home/homes on Groundhog Plague-Pass. If they do somehow get it together, I bet by that point, almost all the children will be either out of the house or about to leave the nest.....just so much wasted time and energy in this family.

• Love 16
On 2/19/2021 at 3:06 PM, Onceafan said:

I finally got around to watching the new episode of Sister Wives, and as someone who has worked as a family/marriage counselor for over twenty years, I couldn't help but take notes, as I would in a session, as I watched their dinner conversations. So counselor hat I'll give a brief summary of some of my notes if anyone wants me to. I will start with Robyn.

Robyn:  Impression Management, and Feigning Ignorance.

When a person, Janelle is this case, confronts the family about feeling like single mothers and a divide in the family, Robyn employs the tactic of feigning ignorance and impression management to avoid responsibility of her part in the family dynamics and distances herself from the problem. 

Robyn feigns ignorance about plural marriage, and states she thought the dynamic of the family was that they always felt like single mothers, well before her joining the family. Robyn is obviously aware of the previous dynamic of living in one home, and how Christine helped raised Janelle's children. She co-authored a book with the other sister wives, and knows full details of the past family dynamics. However she feigns ignorance of this knowledge, to basically state, that feeling like single mothers, is what she believed the Brown's plural marriage had always been. 

By using this tactic she is able to psychological distance herself from the stated problem by inferring that the problem existed well before she was in the family. She then moves to the next tactic which is impression management. By starting to cry, and ask if "they" are saying that it all started when she joined the family, she is able to have everyone at the table state that the problem is not her fault.  

By doing this, the person who brought up the problems, Janelle, begins to feel uncomfortable in the role, and will start apologizing and feels that she has caused harm or hurt unintentionally to Robyn, and will immediately back down and coddle Robyn who is now the perceived victim. 

By employing these tactics, Robyn was successfully able to maintain her positive innocent impression onto her husband, while the other wives came off looking negative. 

This was wonderful to read.  Please do all of the other wives, Kody, all of the adult kids, the family dogs.....I'm not kidding, I love these insights.

Regarding the bolded sentence - I have always said that Robyn is a master manipulator and has been plotting to be legal wife since Day One.  I think she had a detailed plan in place and step by step, she slowly made it happen.  Am I giving her too much credit?  Are her constant couch session dry-cries her device for getting the results you stated in that bolded sentence?  Because she's been doing it forever and it still seems to work, insofar as it shuts down the other wives and gives Kody the impression that Robyn is trying soooooo hard with her sister wives when in fact, she's the one dividing the family.

MORE PLEASE. 🙂

• Love 19
On 2/19/2021 at 2:06 PM, Onceafan said:

I finally got around to watching the new episode of Sister Wives, and as someone who has worked as a family/marriage counselor for over twenty years, I couldn't help but take notes, as I would in a session, as I watched their dinner conversations. So counselor hat I'll give a brief summary of some of my notes if anyone wants me to. I will start with Robyn.

Robyn:  Impression Management, and Feigning Ignorance.

When a person, Janelle is this case, confronts the family about feeling like single mothers and a divide in the family, Robyn employs the tactic of feigning ignorance and impression management to avoid responsibility of her part in the family dynamics and distances herself from the problem. 

Robyn feigns ignorance about plural marriage, and states she thought the dynamic of the family was that they always felt like single mothers, well before her joining the family. Robyn is obviously aware of the previous dynamic of living in one home, and how Christine helped raised Janelle's children. She co-authored a book with the other sister wives, and knows full details of the past family dynamics. However she feigns ignorance of this knowledge, to basically state, that feeling like single mothers, is what she believed the Brown's plural marriage had always been. 

By using this tactic she is able to psychological distance herself from the stated problem by inferring that the problem existed well before she was in the family. She then moves to the next tactic which is impression management. By starting to cry, and ask if "they" are saying that it all started when she joined the family, she is able to have everyone at the table state that the problem is not her fault.  

By doing this, the person who brought up the problems, Janelle, begins to feel uncomfortable in the role, and will start apologizing and feels that she has caused harm or hurt unintentionally to Robyn, and will immediately back down and coddle Robyn who is now the perceived victim. 

By employing these tactics, Robyn was successfully able to maintain her positive innocent impression onto her husband, while the other wives came off looking negative. 

I’m with Laurakaye -  more!!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Onceafan said:

I will have to do an entirely different post later on Kody, his escapism of being on his device, the toxicity of his coping skills, and being a "fair weathered husband."

Oh yes, please, let us talk about Kurly Kooty and his issues, and how they may be causing everyone else’s issues!  I’m waiting on the edge of my chair @onceafan!

• Love 10

Thank you, @Onceafan!  Sorry to put pressure on you to share your knowledge while you're dealing with everything going on in Texas.  Hope things are better.  I have a friend near Austin who was trying to figure out how to drive to get to her daughter and 15-month old granddaughter who had no heat or water for days.  They're all good now, but it was awful reading her posts on FB - she was so scared.

17 hours ago, Onceafan said:

Although the other Sister wives may want to compartmentalize Christine's experience as solely a relationship issue between Christine and Kody, the inequality of time, attention, and scheduling that Christine voiced, which is making her feel like an inferior wife,  is part of a greater family dynamic that all of them needed to address and solve together, and yet I saw no such actions from any of them

I have always thought that these women see a fellow sister-wife's suffering as a means to climb up another rung on Kody's hierarchy of favorite wives, because if Christine is not only miserable but voicing her fillings to the other wives and Kody, then that raises up the other wives who AREN'T announcing their misery even though they feel it as well.  It must be absolutely exhausting to play that game every single day, especially when Kody can not only withhold his affection for the "low" wife, he can do it to the kids they have together as well.  Kody's doing it now to Christine's girls still at home.  As a mother, that has to hurt in ways that Kody will never even try to understand.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

It must be absolutely exhausting to play that game every single day, especially when Kody can not only withhold his affection for the "low" wife, he can do it to the kids they have together as well.  Kody's doing it now to Christine's girls still at home.  As a mother, that has to hurt in ways that Kody will never even try to understand.

😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬 I absolutely LOATHE that man for this ☝️ and the suffering he has caused to three (the fourth kind of deserves it) women and a baseball team’s worth of children.  And while I’m at it, I sort of loathe the same three women for putting their children through this shitfest life.  If they want to accept 1/4 of this garbage man’s attention (or less, depending on how in favor they are at the moment), and they feel that undeserving of a whole man and relationship that’s their business.  But you don’t create humans and then not want the best situation in life for them. 😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬

• Love 18
On 2/16/2021 at 3:03 AM, 65mickey said:

Bingo! Somehow Cody and Robyn planted this seed in Meri's mind that it was necessary to protect Robyn's 3 oldest children. If I were Meri I would have ignored the suggestion and most likely the subsequent begging for her to divorce him so that he could marry Robyn.  Let Cody get the divorce and look like the big prick that he is.  But no she went right along enabling him and Robyn. What Robyn want Robyn gets.

I think they would be better off with their father! But they might have to share a room.

• Love 4

Christine looks great and has her own house that she likes. If Kody is on the mortgage, she should find a way to get him off. She should get a job or use Lula money to be off on her own and maybe try online dating. She could stay friends with Janelle and still be a second mother and grandmother to her children.

I don't particularly have a problem with Christine but looking at her objectively - I don't see how she could get a job that would support her. She is middle-aged (no judgement, just noting that middle-aged applicants have a harder time finding work than younger people), has no work history outside the home and has (I think) a high school diploma? She is definitely qualified to do child care and could probably have a home day care (which she basically did by raising her kids and Janelle's) but that's about it. 

I just remember two TLC "celebrities" who did online dating and it turned out to be a huge scandal.  Honey Boo Boo's bio dad and the oldest Duggar male kid, I can't remember either of their names.

Technically the eldest Duggar son didn't do "online dating" - he was active on a site for married (which he was) people interested in having affairs.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't particularly have a problem with Christine but looking at her objectively - I don't see how she could get a job that would support her. 

If she lowered her financial expectations about her housing situation she could work in an in-bound call center, almost anyone can be trained for that. And customer service reps increasingly are working from home so that's another avenue.

The pay and benefits would depend on the company and the region, in some areas it's a fairly decent wage. 

• Love 6
On 2/14/2021 at 11:19 PM, Chalby said:

I know this is a silly thing to be annoyed with, but I don't like when specific sayings or expressions are butchered. Since when does the elephant in the room have to be pink? I have also noticed an increase in the usage of the word "conversate" on reality shows. That word is ridiculous, yet more and more people are using it as though it's the norm. It's not- say converse like everyone else, or better yet, just replace with the word "speak".

Yes, I totally agree! I've got three pet peeves in this department:

1) When people say "cheers" instead of "toast" - "Let's cheers!" You say "cheers" when you toast, you're not cheersing.

2) The overuse (and very often misuse) of the word "literally." Example: a commercial for insurance where the lady says she was so shocked by the great rate she got that she "literally fell off her chair." I always say, NO, you did not! You did not fall off your chair! lol And add to that the fact that so many people mispronounce it - whether they don't know how to pronounce it or they just say it so fast, it comes out as "littley."

3) It's not "resting bitch face" - it's "bitchy resting face."

• Love 4
On 2/15/2021 at 12:03 AM, Chalby said:

I have often observed Kodys behaviour when a wife doesn't agree with him. These women are at the age where having children isn't in the future. So what is the goal of their plural marriage? Heck, Kody doesn't even love them all. They should have stayed at the culdesac in Vegas. Kody has never treated them equally, and in return some of them are pulling passive aggressive moves which makes everyone unhappy. If it were me, i would have wanted to dig a well on the property, arrange for septic and buy 4 double wide mobile homes. With this group, they need to separate, and we need to quit financing their dysfunction. I laughed re: kody not being home during the day. Does he even work? Or does he hang out with Robyn all day?

" and we need to quit financing their dysfunction "        Absolutely, if people stopped watching them, they would have to get jobs.  Season 15.  Think of all the money they have made.       I stopped watching probably about 3 years ago and starting more years ago than that watched fewer and fewer shows.   I realized the hours and hours and hours I watched this sh!t show are hours I would never get back.     And reality it is not.  It is getting scripted more and more.              I do like to check in here every once in awhile wondering if anyone is thinking like I am.        

• Love 5
On 2/16/2021 at 12:24 PM, 65mickey said:

You could be right about them living separately and that this is fake drama.  But I actually think this could be the makings of a better show, Sanity after polygamy. I would love to see a show featured around Meri and at least Christine leaving Kody moving out back to Utah or where ever and starting a new life with all of the trials and tribulations and a promise of the good life. I bet they could get a few seasons out of this. And Kody and Robyn get nada! I just don't understand why TLC keeps repeating the same stale storyline season after season. Yes weget it. They are all miserable well maybe not Robyn's kids. 

Because people keep tuning in.    Makes money for TLC.  Makes money for "Kurly" and "his four stooges."     Too funny, Kurly and his four stooges which I copied and pasted from above. LOL

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ladle said:

The idea that anyone, even one of his wives, is "pining" for Kody makes the chunks start to rise in my throat...

I got the impression that the wives (Janelle & Christine) were thinking mostly about their children never seeing their father, not that anyone was pining for sexy time.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I got the impression that the wives (Janelle & Christine) were thinking mostly about their children never seeing their father, not that anyone was pining for sexy time.

It was actually Kody himself who said they were "pining" for him, which makes it doubly gross. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, ladle said:

It was actually Kody himself who said they were "pining" for him, which makes it doubly gross. 

Yes, gross & delusional.  If he had listened to what they were saying, instead of his self delusions, he would have known that they were concerned about his kids, not him. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 9
On 2/21/2021 at 2:30 PM, LuvMyShows said:
On 2/14/2021 at 10:19 PM, Chalby said:

I know this is a silly thing to be annoyed with, but I don't like when specific sayings or expressions are butchered. Since when does the elephant in the room have to be pink? 

Yeah, I really get a pit in my stomach when people mis-speak sayings... 😉

I just watched Season 6 Ep 7 where they return to Wyoming after the death of Kody's brother Curtis and his dad.  Kody, the wives, and Mariah go to the trophy store where Meri worked when they lived there.   She started working there 2 years before Mariah was born, and she never told them she was a polygamist so that is the point of their visit which is silly as this is Season 6 and the Browns had been public for at least 4 years at that point.   Also someone told them that the Browns were polygamists at the time Meri worked there so they knew. 

In the conversation with the shop owners Kody refers to polygamy as the "pink elephant in the room."   I am still laughing over that.

• Love 6
On 3/25/2021 at 4:48 PM, Twopper said:

In the conversation with the shop owners Kody refers to polygamy as the "pink elephant in the room."   I am still laughing over that

Well, I am quoting myself to bump this thread up because I have found another "pink elephant."

Kody uses the term again in Season 8 episode 4 when they are moving Christine's mom Annie to Las Vegas.

Annie also says something to the effect it is easier to be moms than sister wives which I think means as long as there are children involved It is easier to work with your sister wive for common goals involving the "shared" children, but once the kids are older and grown, it is hard to share the husband. 

I like Anne, but that wedding dress she made Christine is hideous.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Twopper said:

I like Anne, but that wedding dress she made Christine is hideous.

The dress is hideous, but in Annie's defense, she made the dress blindly, probably from measurements Christine had sent her and attempting to observe modesty standards imposed by their religion.  Annie was ostracized from Christine and other family that were members of the AUB at that time as she had left the lifestyle.  She would not have been able to meet with Christine for fittings or adjustments as needed, so she did the best she could within the restrictions.  She was not allowed to even attend the wedding.

• Love 1
On 3/30/2021 at 11:04 AM, Twopper said:

Well, I am quoting myself to bump this thread up because I have found another "pink elephant."

Kody uses the term again in Season 8 episode 4 when they are moving Christine's mom Annie to Las Vegas.

I have found 2 more "pink elephants."  It is getting to be a herd.   Maybe Kody picked it up from Robyn, but so far the only person I have heard it from  is Kody. 

• LOL 9
On 4/8/2021 at 7:28 PM, Twopper said:
On 3/30/2021 at 11:04 AM, Twopper said:

I have found 2 more "pink elephants."  It is getting to be a herd.   Maybe Kody picked it up from Robyn, but so far the only person I have heard it from  is Kody. 

In the discussion about whether Mariah and Audrey can both stay at Meri's house over the summer, Kody refers to "the white elephant in the room."   Our parish sometimes has a "white elephant sale" of used or unwanted items to raise money.   So he has both pink and white elephants in his conversations.   In a way, the houses did become white elephants as the upkeep was horribly expensive and not useful because they were in LV where he didn't want his family anymore.   He is such a dolt.  and stupid. 

• Love 9

Oh, I loved our family white elephant gift exchange at Christmas.  It was a riot but the host inevitably found "forgotten" gifts hidden all over the house!

These people are so totally clueless about a non-ploygamy world, aren't they?  Can't even use euphamisms correctly.

• Love 7