Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E01: Being Strong or Being a Bitch

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, MV713 said:

I wonder if down the line, its due to too much in-polygamist-breeding...

It would have to be from way, way, back down the line.  Both of Maddie's parents come from traditional Mormon families and there has never been any indication that even when traditional Mormons were engaged in polygamy, that either Kody's or Janelle's ancestors participated.  Caleb's father was an evangelical minister, and as far as I know, Caleb's only connection to Mormonism is that his sister married Kody's brother, who was a Mormon but I have never heard that he was at all interested in the polygamous life.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, MV713 said:

I wonder if down the line, its due to too much in-polygamist-breeding...

On 4/7/2020 at 12:39 PM, deirdra said:

There is a founder effect in Amish people that results in extra fingers and/or toes.

No, Maddie, FATCO is not a "generic" anomaly, it is a GENETIC anomaly.

and

From Joan of Argh:

Polygamist communities have the same problem and deformities linked to recessive genes

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20170726-the-polygamous-town-facing-genetic-disaster

It's a very rare condition and we can't say whether Evie K's medical condition has anything to do with polygamy but it's a weird coincidence that they find these deformities in Amish and polygamist families.

ME:

I know it's a different wife and Maddie is not Christine's daughter but... Kody, David Jessop and Christine are cousins.

Edited by Dustbunny
link
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

You don't need polygamy to have inbreeding, just small communities with only a few other families nearby that intermarry.  

exactly,  plus how do we know for sure who was *boinking* who back when great, great, great grandfather Kodoofus was spreading his seed. 😋

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

Great, great, great grandfather Kodoofus! Hahaha!!! Love it.  😂

But ya, who knows what was going on, if they're willing to have several wives and make up the rules as they see fit I wouldn't put it past them to be diddling around while looking for wives, they didn't believe in monogamy and their "the more the merrier" attitude when it comes to women just sounds like a horny old man making up shit to justify his wandering eye and cover it all in a cloak of solemn religious beliefs with a woman needing a man or she'll have no planet to live on.. 🙄

JMO but I don't think Kody and Robyn waited until marriage to have intercourse... He was spending a lot of time traveling to see her and once her kids were in bed who knows what kind of hijinx they were up to... I think he dipped his wick in her honey pot.... I think the other wives suspected it as well because I seem to remember them bitching about the amount of time Kody was spending out of town with Robyn. 

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

...sounds like a horny old man making up shit to justify his wandering eye and cover it all in a cloak of solemn religious beliefs...

Bingo!  A whole lot of hideous crap is disguised as a "religous tenet" (or tenant, as Robochin says).

Edited by Cetacean
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Sandy W said:

It would have to be from way, way, back down the line.  Both of Maddie's parents come from traditional Mormon families and there has never been any indication that even when traditional Mormons were engaged in polygamy, that either Kody's or Janelle's ancestors participated.  Caleb's father was an evangelical minister, and as far as I know, Caleb's only connection to Mormonism is that his sister married Kody's brother, who was a Mormon but I have never heard that he was at all interested in the polygamous life.

I thought Maddie's grandpa (Kodys dad) had wives?

Am I mixing him up with someone else?

I read an article about kody it said he has 9 siblings but it is not known which siblings came from which mother..... 

What's up with that?

Edited by Joan of Argh
Added to original thought
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Two visuals that appear to be burned in my brain and not leaving:

Meri cowering in her chair, mumbling about not remembering the conversation Janelle was referring to, while trying to shrink into the wood of her chair and desperately avoiding the question like her life depended on it.

And the pompous, arrogance of the Ayatollah making his pronouncement from high atop the garage: no more plyg, no more signing off on future real estate deals and how deeply unhappy he is with his women having a voice and he not having money. Next scene: the great u-haul dilemma.

These two need to be filmed together more-alone. Plyg, passive aggressive version of War of the Roses.

THIS!  

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Kody's dad did have 3 wives but he didn't take his 2nd wife,  (Janelle's mom) until just shortly before or shortly after Kody and Meri married.  The 3rd wife Bobby, has only been seen fleetingly in the background when they visited the ranch.  There were no kids with Kody's and and Janelle's mom.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

He acquired the second wife around the time Kody was on his mission, I believe.  Janelle’s mom was later.

Edited by Just Wondering
  • Useful 1
26 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Kody's dad did have 3 wives but he didn't take his 2nd wife,  (Janelle's mom) until just shortly before or shortly after Kody and Meri married.  The 3rd wife Bobby, has only been seen fleetingly in the background when they visited the ranch.  There were no kids with Kody's and and Janelle's mom.

Thanks Sandy..... and sorry I just added to my original thought that you've quoted...

There's an article online that says that kody has 9 siblings and it is not known which siblings came from which mother..... What's that about? 

These people have such messy lives.... It's hard to keep track.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Additional info
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Thanks Sandy..... and sorry I just added to my original thought that you've quoted...

There's an article online that says that kody has 9 siblings and it is not known which siblings came from which mother..... What's that about? 

These people have such messy lives.... It's hard to keep track.

I think it just means that whoever wrote the article didn't know what kids were Genille's and which were Bobbie's. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I think the only wife who still wants to live the Principle is Janelle.  The irony is that she is the only one who wasn't raised in polygamy. 

It does make sense if you think about it.  The other ladies who were raised in polygamy probably felt they had no options.  Janelle actively chose it, knowing that her regular LDS family and friends would not approve.

As for Meri and Christine doing online dating, I don’t think they have to do that.  I’m willing to bet that if they got involved in the LDS church and swore off plyg life, which it seems like they both want to do, they would find decent monogamist relationships in a short period of time.  Neither is hideous and Christine is darn right sweet when she wants to be.  I have to think that even Meri would change into a much more likable person also if she didn’t have to scratch and claw three other women for affection and companionship from a mate.  I mean, I don’t think any man is worth sharing, but as mellow as I am, I would cut a bitch if I were in that situation.

• Love 12
58 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I think it just means that whoever wrote the article didn't know what kids were Genille's and which were Bobbie's. 

Oh OK... I was trying to figure things out and the more I read the more confused I felt. 👍

I was thinking how could they not know which child belonged to which mother... I know their situation is kind of crazy but that didn't make any sense.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I really don't think Kody is more in love with Robyn than the others as a whole. I think he spends more time with her because she has younger kids. So she can use that as leverage, she needs more support etc and he loves younger kids.

Because they're still in that phase where they make him the centre of attention, which he loves, and still in that phase where Daddy is the greatest man that ever lived. The hero. He loses interest once they start to have their own opinions and lives and aren't always interested in doing what Daddy wants to do. Robyns 2 youngest will still be excited to do whatever Kody wants to do. We saw when he was trying to force Truely to ride a bike how pissed off he was that she was asserting her own will and didnt want to do what he wanted her to. Unless you're interested in what Kody is interested in; guns, wrestling, manly pursuits etc then he's not too bothered. Thats the only reason he found it easier to 'bond' with his boys. If they'd have been interested in cooking, online gaming or a million other things, he wouldn't have got involved.

I think he was smitten with Robyn originally but shes not the hot, younger new wife anymore. Shes now approaching middle age; ageing and widening rapidly and becoming more disagreeable and miserable year on year. She also doesn't view him as her hero rescuer anymore.

He HAS to be the centre of the universe, the best man in the world and the hero. The only people giving him that feeling anymore are his youngest kids and Grandkids. Thats why he's with Robyn more in my opinion.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Twopper said:

I may have this wrong, but I think Kody and Christine paid cash for her home.  At some point Kody was removed from the title and Christine had to take out a home equity loan to pay off Kody.  Now Christine has a mortgage to pay on her previously paid for house.   I guess Kody took out enough money from this for a down payment on the masionette.  That also explains the delay due to paperwork.   Christine was screwed out of equity in her own home to help Robyn and Kody get that house.   I think they are in arrears as far as tax payments go on Prairie Dog Village Flats.  

Okay, hold the phone a minute....I have questions.

Kody and Christine were both on the mortgage for Christine's house.  Kody was removed - because Robyn told him to?  That would be my guess, because of the cluster**** of having Kody on so many documents, I can see where it would make Robyn getting her mansion an absolute nightmare (as they themselves told us on the most recent episode).  But doesn't that leave Christine in a very vulnerable position, especially considering she THEN had to take out a home equity loan to pay for her daughter's surgery and/or Kody and Robyn's house?  How does Christine pay that back on a MLM shiller's paycheck?  I'd love to think that Kody is still helping her pay her new mortgage but honestly, if his name is no longer on the paperwork, I can see where he'd turn to her and say, "good luck with that."  He never really loved her.  I think he mostly tolerates his kids with her.  He is lower than the pond scum at the bottom of Prairie Plague Pond.  I realize that I am speculating a lot here, but if he has gone to the trouble of removing his name from everyone's mortgages except Robyn's, which he basically admitted to doing, then I have a hard time believing he is helping any of them pay the monthly rent. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 22

I had assumed that Kody took his name off of Christine's house so when he and Robyn inevitably file for bankruptcy the bank can't take Christine's house as an asset.  There's no way they'll be able to keep up with the mortgage and the property taxes on Robyn's mansion for very long.  They already took the equity out of it.  

Edited by WhatsUpDummy
  • Useful 5
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

I had assumed that Kody took his name off of Christine's house so when he and Robyn inevitably file for bankruptcy the bank can't take Christine's house as an asset.  There's no way they'll be able to keep up with the mortgage and the property taxes for very long.  They already took the equity out of it.  

Interesting thought, but I think it's more likely that it was Christine that insisted he be removed from the title to forestall any action that may be taken when the inevitable financial crash happens .  I just don't see him thinking in terms of Christine's security to protect her investment.  Being on title to her house served it's purpose when enumerating his assets to qualify for the loan to purchase Robyn's house but once they cleared that hurdle, he was probably very happy to extract what he perceived to be his share of Christine's equity in Christine's home and dump it into Robyn's receptive lap.

He must have something up his sleeve, what with re-financing Robyn's home to withdraw equity and gaining control of funds from Christine's home, he may be trying to "rob Peter to pay Paul" in another of his cockamanie schemes.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

Kody Brown on Polygamy [with Kody's and Sister Wives' in-the-moment interviews] - It's all about him.

I thought a lot about this lately, because I told friends recently that I didn’t want to be an advocate of plural marriage anymore, because I am more aware now than I was before . . . the apparent and obvious unfairness in the relationship.

Janelle: Some are up; some are down, but, you know, it’s always changing.

I know.  I have. . . all the love I want, and you guys sometimes feel like you are pining constantly for me to, you know, give you some.  I mean, the other day, I was having dinner with Logan, and I was, like, going, “I have really messed this up.”

[Kody: We came into this by way of commandment.  We felt like we were supposed to live this, and we had this ideal that it was a better way.  And then come to a stark reality of the struggle that it is. In that vein, I want to go to my wives and say, “Did you marry me because you thought you’d have a good life and a loving husband and a good relationship with me?  Or, did you marry me because your religion commanded you?”]

Plural marriage, what I know about it, I wonder if I would do it again, knowing what I know, knowing how I think it’s hard on all of you.

[Christine, gesticulating: There’s no such thing as, “Should have done something different.”  It just doesn’t work.  You can’t say, “I don’t know if I would of done it different,” because here we are!  It’s horrible to hear this.  (Nods repeatedly)  Super hard to hear. ]

I do not like the idea that you guys are in plural marriage with me because you were commanded to.  I like the idea that we were in plural marriage together because we were in love and we chose to build a family together. 

[Meri: He seems a little bit more, dare I say, negative, about plural marriage right now, and that’s really hard to hear.]

Um, when I’m, um, We’re, doing good, I get idealistic, and I go, “Wow!  We’re doing a good job!”  And, when I’m ideal and we’re not doing a good job, I get really grouchy and say, “I can’t believe I’ve done this to me. . .  and to you.”  (Robyn scrunches her face, as if she’s about to burst into tears.)

[Robyn: Like, saying that right here, I don’t know if this is really . . . if that’s really helpful, other than making us all feel a little bit, you know, discouraged.]

So it’s like a two-edged sword.  I like - Don’t get me wrong - I like my life.  If you guys complain to me very much, it sticks in my head, and I wonder if you like yours.  (Close-up on Robyn, eyes down, blinking rapidly, frowning)

[Janelle: This is, like, pointless. Like, what was the point of this?  Did I screw everybody up?  I think it’s because he feels all the pressure right now of everyone talking to him because he’s the only common denominator.  He’s the only one I can talk to.]

Edited by Grifter Lives
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Interesting thought, but I think it's more likely that it was Christine that insisted he be removed from the title to forestall any action that may be taken when the inevitable financial crash happens .  I just don't see him thinking in terms of Christine's security to protect her investment.  Being on title to her house served it's purpose when enumerating his assets to qualify for the loan to purchase Robyn's house but once they cleared that hurdle, he was probably very happy to extract what he perceived to be his share of Christine's equity in Christine's home and dump it into Robyn's receptive lap.

He must have something up his sleeve, what with re-financing Robyn's home to withdraw equity and gaining control of funds from Christine's home, he may be trying to "rob Peter to pay Paul" in another of his cockamanie schemes.

You're right, Kody wasn't thinking of protecting Christine.  I'm choosing to believe that someone gave Christine some financial advice and she told Kody to remove himself from her mortgage. She's only had the house for maybe 2 years, there can't be that much equity in it.  Hopefully he didn't get much out of it.  I hope she'll end up doing ok financially when LulaRoe implodes.  

Edited by WhatsUpDummy
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

You're right, Kody was thinking of protecting Christine.  I'm choosing to believe that someone gave Christine some financial advice and she told Kody to remove himself from her mortgage. She's only had the house for maybe 2 years, there can't be that much equity in it.  Hopefully he didn't get much out of it.  I hope she'll end up doing ok financially when LulaRoe implodes.  

They paid cash for the house so Christine owned it outright.   I think everything is a shell game with Kody.  Pay $400,000 for house so Christine has a house, then take the money out so Christine gets stuck with a mortgage payment and can  keep her house as long as she can pay the monthly payments.  Use some or all of the money from Christine's house for a down payment on Robyn's.    I also think she probably wanted to take enough out for Ysabel's medical expenses.

Maybe Christine can use the TLC money for her mortgage payments and use her lularoe and other shilling and mlm money for her other expenses.  

I really think only Janelle can see the whole financial picture which is why she was pretending to want the one family home as pretending to build it might buy at least 2-3 more seasons.  Janelle seems the only one willing to live modestly  as far as houses go.

Edited by Twopper
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

So it’s like a two-edged sword.  I like - Don’t get me wrong - I like my life.  If you guys complain to me very much, it sticks in my head, and I wonder if you like yours.  (Close-up on Robyn, eyes down, blinking rapidly, frowning)

boy, he talks out of both sides of his mouth.  He complains about the non-Robyn wives so much, he can't possibly like his life.  Except he tells himself they are pining for him. 

back to Christine's house.  I seem to recall that there was an upstairs family area that they redid so she could have private tete-a-tetes with Kody. I have no idea of the cost of it.  I do think she must be furious to have done that for a man who comes over just to read his phone so he doesn't have to engage with her.  

I did notice that it was Christine who opened her house for Maddie and Caleb.   Janelle doesn't have the room.  Meri has room but no interest in Maddie.  Robyn's house definitely is large enough to host everyone, but Maddie isn't her child. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Except he tells himself they are pining for him. 

oops, not meaning to quote myself, but....

Just like that Norwegian Blue was pining for the fjords.  This polygamous family is just as dead. 

• LOL 4
5 hours ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

You're right, Kody wasn't thinking of protecting Christine.  I'm choosing to believe that someone gave Christine some financial advice and she told Kody to remove himself from her mortgage. She's only had the house for maybe 2 years, there can't be that much equity in it.  Hopefully he didn't get much out of it.  I hope she'll end up doing ok financially when LulaRoe implodes.  

Be funny if good advice came from Tony. Don't he and Mykelti own their home plus a rental in St George?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

I had assumed that Kody took his name off of Christine's house so when he and Robyn inevitably file for bankruptcy the bank can't take Christine's house as an asset.  There's no way they'll be able to keep up with the mortgage and the property taxes on Robyn's mansion for very long.  They already took the equity out of it.  

Plus, I think someone said that they had to sign a disclosure? saying that if they filed bankruptcy that they would lose the house.

He removed himself from Christine's mortgage to lower his debt load so him and Robyn had enough credit to qualify for a loan.  

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Let's be clear.  None of them "owns" anything.  They are all mortgaged.

and second mortgaged - remember when Tony suggested her parents do that to pay for Tokelti's 4000-taco weddingk?

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

I cannot watch the show from here just yet, so will happily "feed" from the board in the time being. 

There are a lot of things that puzzle me about the Browns. It's probably one of the reasons why I keep watching: a desperate attempt to understand why they do what they do. To me, the biggest and most stupid why is and will always be why they left LV.... 

• It seemed the perfect living arrangement. Together apart and the houses were beautiful. I'd love to have one of those.
  • Financially: no TLC-offer could make up for the immense losses they have suffered for Lehi, LV and the ridiculous amount they have spent on renting all those years. So why another move?
  • As a mum speaking now: Your first and foremost responsibility is to offer your kids a safe and stable home to grow up. That does not include uprooting your kids, dragging them across states with no clear idea of where you are going to end up and how you are going to do it. That in particular makes me mad! I get that families have to move (service family here, and done 5 moves in 10 years) but you always-make-sure-to-prepare-and-get-things-sorted-for-your-kids-BEFORE YOU GO!  Kids need to know why, where and how in order to cope. There..sorry for the little rant.

PS I know about the Robyn-theory but I am not buying it. LV is big enough to offer a fitting place/college for Dayton and people with ASS typically need stability and a familiar surrounding. The only plausible explanation for me is a financial disaster that was attached to those houses. And even then, they could and should have carefully planned that Flagstaff move...

• Love 17
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

and second mortgaged - remember when Tony suggested her parents do that to pay for Tokelti's 4000-taco weddingk?

I think Janelle and Meri are smart for not buying.  Something tells me they will move again, finding that Flagstaff is just to expensive to live in long term.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
16 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I think Janelle and Meri are smart for not buying.  Something tells me they will move again, finding that Flagstaff is just to expensive to live in long term.

Though Meri could have rented a 2-bedroom apartment and a large storage locker for all her tubs of stuff (or stored much of it in that building behind the BnB). Pre-Covid she did a lot of travelling, but I cannot see her sisterwives, celestial husband or the kids picking up the mail, shovelling the walk, etc., when she was away.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Meri could have rented a 2-bedroom apartment and a large storage locker for all her tubs of stuff

Never would have happened. Meri gets what the others get. She would never go practical. Remember the LV upgrades and the Wet Bar🏰!!!

• Love 8

There was a moment in this episode that indicates ongoing friction between Robyn and Kody. She is saying "If Kody is struggling with a wife that doesn't mean I'm struggling..."

Kody interrupts her, says "you guys" and she shuts him down, saying "please let me speak for myself here, ok?" Her jaw clenched, his ferret eyes flashed, then he licked his teeth.

She doesn't gaze at him adoringly anymore. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

Although Kody struggled with himself over whether his wives only married him out of religious obligation, none of them said that before he launched into his soliloquy.  Janelle the convert came the closest.  Meri and Christine said it's how they grew up, and Robyn just wanted into this family.  (According to legend, she appeared in the community when their television deal was well-known.)  

Here is how everyone answered Janelle's question, "Why did you enter the Principle?" at the table [and in their interviews].

Janelle: I mean I did it because I love the whole idea of the whole family, the whole group synergy.  and I really felt that we'd get progression, right?  The whole idea is that we all (indecipherable). [The whole purpose, we truly believe, of living plural marriage is that you have to learn how to not be selfish.]

Meri: I don’t know.  I guess, for me, it was just, like, being raised in it.  [My dad took his first plural wife when I was like 11 years old.  I had a lot of years with other moms and other siblings that just weren’t from my mom, so it wasn’t out of the ordinary for me.]

Christine: Because of the example my grandmas were, for sure.  They were just really close, and after my grandpa died, they just stayed together.  So like, the sisterhood.  [To me, that was what family was: was a lot of grandmas.  And, then I had 2 moms, so that was what a normal family was to me: was a lot of moms.]

Robyn: That big family thing was always cool to me.  I loved when I first, uh, met you guys and how you guys pitched in.  I loved it.  (Kody, leaning forward, elbows on the table, side-eyes Robyn, murmurs, "Hmm," and sits back in his chair and crosses his arms.)  You know, when I saw you at the house so many times.  (Kody said, "We seemed so functional.")

They downplayed their religion and their AUB affiliation in the early seasons.  In this episode, they didn't profess deep faith - because they have completely lost it or never really had it.  Polygamy was the only way they really knew in their insular world.  They're not great intellectuals or theologians, but even their godhead Kody referred to polygamy as an obligation in this episode.  They always used to explain that it was a calling or divine revelation for only a selected few.  Now, they're miserable, because they broadened their horizons and experienced monogamy.

• Love 15

She doesn't gaze at him adoringly anymore. 

The honeymoon is over, the large polygamist family fantasy is dead, and now Robyn is stuck with Kody and 5 kids. I'm guessing Kody spends a lot of time on his phone at Robyn's, just like he does at Christine's. Kody is not a great catch. She got the mansion, but the stress of it all might be getting to her. She has no family or friends nearby and she's not on good terms with her sister wives. A lot of women would be miserable. That family member who used to help her stayed in Las Vegas too. And her two younger kids are very needy and dependent for their ages.

• Love 14

Good points, @Kellyee.  She is now stuck with the man she manipulated away from her beloved sister wife, Meri.  Her youngest kids are certainly needy but so are her older daughters.  Maybe she is snapping at Kody because - like Kody himself - her end goal is to be envied.  Instead she seems to have little to no relations with the women whose purpose it is to make herself feel better.  She moved heaven and earth to insert herself right into the middle of this family but perhaps now she's seeing that the prince that she won away from the other three is really a broke, stupid toad.  Maybe she does have a conscience.

(but maybe she doesn't) 😉

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

Why is Kody talking about whether his wives married him for love or obligation, when he's said that he wasn't attracted to Christine at all when they got married?  That would mean he married her out of obligation.  Only OK for the man, I guess.

What do you all think would happen if the first three wives left on their own?  Would Kody and Robin have a nice monogamous marriage, while he saves face with his plyg peers-because the shrews left him?  OR would he take at least one more wife, whether to keep the show going or otherwise?  He could get younger wives who can still bear him children and also make sure to pick more mild-mannered women.  Then Robin would essentially be the 'first wife' and she could be the one sittin' there alone while Kody goes a courtin' with a fresh- faced girl who makes him feel young again.  Wouldn't that be something. 

• Love 15

I didn’t watch, but read the recap—thanks @laurakaye. If Kody regrets having lived polygamy, he is an even bigger idiot than I thought. 
He should be grateful that polygamy (and the original 3 wives) has enabled him to live the lifestyle to which he has become accustomed. Without the show, there likely would have been no McMansions, no million dollar Flagstaff home, sports car, etc. —and most likely, no Robyn. Kody should be kissing the ground his first 3 wives walk on because it is they who have made the show, and all of the resulting perks (including Robyn) to happen. I highly doubt Robyn would have been anxious to join the family without the show in the works.

• Love 14

Also, the first wife to get out and who is willing to actually tell all (especially about the finances) could be set, provided they were willing to live a nice modest life from then on out.  They'd probably get one or two seasons of their 'On My Own' TLC spinoff, as well as money from a book deal.  Money that would be theirs alone, no splitsies this time!  Kody better be careful how he handles at least two potential spurned women.  Although I don't think Christine would jeopardize her relationships with the kids like that.  Meri on the other hand, she has almost nothing to lose. 

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, Onceafan said:

So counselor hat I'll give a brief summary of some of my notes if anyone wants me to.

Uhhmm YES PLEASE!  I loved this.  Keep 'em coming.  Impression Management.  Bingo.  Thank you. 

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, Onceafan said:

By using this tactic she is able to psychological distance herself from the stated problem by inferring that the problem existed well before she was in the family.

I saw this as her manipulation of the others because it casts her as feeling the same as the others who are complaining about feeling like single moms.  this implies she is in the same boat as the others---especially Christine,  then, of course, she tells Christine she loves her and Christine is obligated to reply that she loves Robyn.    Had Christine not said that, she would really be on the outs with Kody.  And Janelle had to run around to comfort Robyn for the same reason. 

24 minutes ago, Adiba said:

He should be grateful that polygamy (and the original 3 wives) has enabled him to live the lifestyle to which he has become accustomed. Without the show, there likely would have been no McMansions, no million dollar Flagstaff home, sports car, etc. —and most likely, no Robyn. Kody should be kissing the ground his first 3 wives walk on because it is they who have made the show, and all of the resulting perks (including Robyn) to happen. I highly doubt Robyn would have been anxious to join the family without the show in the works.

This^^^^  I do suspect Robyn has finally figured out that their financial situation is just a shell game.  If I were her, I would be terrified the show will stop.  I think the other 3 "wives' will be okay if it ends. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 2/15/2021 at 5:22 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Oh, can I add that the way Janelle sucked up to the dark queen was nauseating?  

I am DYING for one of the blonde wives to just suddenly snap.  Like Kristin Wiig in Bridesmaids, during the bridal shower scene, when Helen gifts Lillian with the trip to Paris.  --Kody: begins pontificating about how hard these women have made his life. Robin: begins sniffling in preparation of deflecting ANY responsibility. --Any one of the blonde wives: (sudden snap into reality) ARE YOU...F*CKING...KIDDING ME?!? Followed by an airing of the grievances, and destruction of whatever room they're in. 

giphy.gif

Bridesmaids-gif.gif

Edited by eskimo
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
On 2/15/2021 at 8:44 PM, Just Wondering said:

I don’t care if Kody once impregnated two or three wives at once, I still believe his sex drive is the pits.  That Darger fellow has his ladies in LINE.  They keep their bodies fit, they share a kitchen, and they let their sisters marry him.  He has to be one solid lover AND love talker to have so little (public) complaints from his concubines.  I imagine he’s perfectly willing to sidle up to a hurting or jealous wife and tell all the lies he needs to, plus physically show her who still loves you, baby.  I think this sort of behavior is the only way these men really keep more than one lady hanging around hating herself daily.  Kody doesn’t seem to know these tricks even now and flips to the opposite side of this devil’s coin to make his ladies feel unattractive and unfulfilled cuz they made him angry and why should  he say something he’s just not feeling?   Kody needs to do one or the other - grEAt sex or lots of encouraging, loving words.  But clearly he can’t do both and this shiz they’re living doesn’t work without lies.  D.U.M.B.A.S.S.

Kody seems way too self-absorbed to be any kind of decent lover. (Ugh)

• Love 13

I can't watch this episode again for an accurate quote, but! When Kody said~ I don't wanna advocate for polygamy any more~

I wondered if he meant that as a message to Utah. Maybe he wants to move back, won't be vocal. Just a weird random late night thought..

• Useful 4
  • Love 1