Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05. Melissa M's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

She seems so much happier. If she doesn’t want to get the surgery with Dr Now- that’s her choice. Maybe she will keep losing and in a year or two be in the 200lbs range without the surgery. Just so long as she keeps going and doesn’t back slide. 

That was a LOT food on her date. Veggies- good but wasn’t there a large portion of rice under that chicken/fish?

• Love 1
Just now, ams1001 said:

Why hasn't she been thinking about this stuff all along? Discuss it with her friends and mentioned-but-unseen family? 

There are bariatric clinics everywhere now.   She needs to find  one closer.   Is she another person who has never watched this program?

I was so looking to a successful journey this time---especially since we were cheated out of the airport scene.  She really is one of the more mobile ones.    

So good night, pounders.  Farewell until next time, if there is a next time.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

I view the food delivery as providing income to the Instacart employee.  Especially since there are no longer food shortages .... other than my husband's Hot Pockets.

Absolutely. I just feel others can use delivery more than I can. I have an order for pick up tomorrow. I don't mind driving up and having them put it in the trunk. They had to hire people to do that as well and I still get out of the house, so it all works out. I remember when things were really bad, they had a big semi parked in the lot w/all the pick up orders. That was crazy. Now the pick up orders are stacked in the vestibule and there's usually a line of cars.  I guess people got used to not going in the store. 

Sometimes I say, "To heck with all this, I'm gonna do what I want (with a mask)." Then I read about some nice gramma who got COVID and was dead 4 days later. So I crawl back into my home office and watch some more YouTube.

• Love 1
Just now, kacesq said:

Did she say 10 lbs over 2 months? That’s...not good. 

No not good. That’s “typical people” weight loss. Not “super morbidly obese weight loss”. She’s increased her portions a lot. 

• Love 3

And now she is talking 'cook macaroni and cheese'.  Really?  I know it's not going to be on your diet!  I think she probably won't go back to 600 pounds if she stays with this guy, but she will stay around these 450 pounds... and if they break up, she will quickly eat her way up to 650-700...

• Love 7
1 minute ago, kacesq said:

Did she say 10 lbs over 2 months? That’s...not good. 

For real!! What a disappointing last 30 minutes or so.. She looks like she got bigger at the end. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, kacesq said:

I guess she figures she has a man now she doesn’t need to move. She started out strong, but in the end...excuses. 

It sure sounds like that.  She said 'I got what I wanted' or something like that - got a bit more social and mobile, and she thinks she has arrived? 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

And now she is talking 'cook macaroni and cheese'.  Really?  I know it's not going to be on your diet!  I think she probably won't go back to 600 pounds if she stays with this guy, but she will stay around these 450 pounds... and if they break up, she will quickly eat her way up to 650-700...

Yup that’s my fear. 

• Love 2
Just now, Ivylady said:

This is what we call a "dumb dick decision". She's making a bad decision because she's dumb over dick. Good luck, Melissa! You're gonna need it. 

Yes. I think best case she stays at the weight she is now, I don’t think she will lose much more if she doesn’t get back on plan. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

Sometimes I say, "To heck with all this, I'm gonna do what I want (with a mask)." Then I read about some nice gramma who got COVID and was dead 4 days later. So I crawl back into my home office and watch some more YouTube.

Yes.  That is where we are as well.

• Love 1

That was disappointing. She talked a good game but she went from “I have one friend” to “I have this awesome life and support system in Florida that I just can’t leave.”

I wish we knew if she’d kelt losing weight and if that guy stuck around. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Right? Two pounds a week is standard for the non  morbidity obese

One pound a week. Two pounds a week would be ten pounds a month. Would be nice if I could lose that much and not be miserable.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

She seems so much happier. If she doesn’t want to get the surgery with Dr Now- that’s her choice. Maybe she will keep losing and in a year or two be in the 200lbs range without the surgery. Just so long as she keeps going and doesn’t back slide. 

That was a LOT food on her date. Veggies- good but wasn’t there a large portion of rice under that chicken/fish?

I always think is you lose the pounds required, you are well on the way

• Love 3