Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05. Melissa M's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Dr. Now said he is proud of her.  Given her childhood issues, I think these words will mean a lot more for her than for most people.  I hope she continues to do well and gets her surgery.   

And she even brought up her concerns about moving early instead of magically hoping it will self-resolve in the last minute. 

• Love 12
Just now, ams1001 said:

"I need to be at or under 508 today."

I am - dare I say it? - proud of this poundicipant!

Me, too.  I am pulling for her.

Anyone else planning to watch the obesity show that is on following this?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, kacesq said:

i thought she only had the 1 friend, now she has friends and family in Florida she can’t leave behind?

Right? I was just going to say that! Which is it?

Someone needs to show this episode to last week's Cindy, as an illustration of what "working hard" really is. Surprisingly, its not lying in bed, staring at the wall with a bovine expression.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
Just now, Hellga said:

OK, that's an interesting compromise.  Three months more of losing weight on her own to accommodate her desire not to move.  I hope she can keep up her commitment!  

I have been waiting for years for someone to take this approach.  I think the more she can lose on her own, the better chances she has for long term success.  Go Melissa!!

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Hellga said:

OK, that's an interesting compromise.  Three months more of losing weight on her own to accommodate her desire not to move.  I hope she can keep up her commitment!  

If she can lose another hundred pounds on her own, why does she need weight-loss surgery? With therapy and the behavioral changes she already made and will continue to make to lose another 100 lbs, she should be able to lose more then keep it off.

Edited by Kid
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

I feel like my snarking skills are being dulled by all this progress. 

Cindy last week who made NO progress and Melissa tonight who seems to be fast forwarding through the process are NOT typical of the regular poundticipants. 

Have we ever seen someone turn down the surgery? 

• Love 2
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

I will! Lol what is it?

Something called "Obesity Med" and it follows two patients seeking WLS.   I think it may be a one time show or pilot;  I don't see that it follows this show next week.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Anyone else planning to watch the obesity show that is on following this?

I will give it a try... if it's like 1000-pound sisters, I won't bother, but if it is less gag-focused and more actually about trying to lose weight, I will watch. 

Just now, poeticlicensed said:

I dont blame her for not wanting to move to Texas. I think her support system is behind her but they can't move with her long term. 

Having just moved last year to the city where I don't have family or friends, and with the pandemic being stuck in my apartment all day, I completely get where she is coming from.  

• Love 10

I was watching a YouTube video and muted Melissa's show. Periodically, I'd look at the TV to see her lollygagging on her bed, staring forlornly at a closed laptop, and waddling around looking like a mini Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man who had just farted in the elevator and gotten away with it. 

Good for her for losing weight -- she does seem like a nice, intelligent person but looooooorrrrddddd ... there is so much nothing happening on this show that an hour missed watching it means I missed little to nothing at all.

So she's worked hard but doesn't want to move to Houston??? I don't see Dr. Now agreeing to her novel 'idea'.  Her excuse that all of her support system is in Florida is lame.  Isn't this the same support group she had before starting her "journey"?  (I hate that term)

• Love 1
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

When we had three super-obese siblings, the brother was approved but declined because he wanted to go back to New Orleans to spend time with their father...  he actually did continue to do decent on his own, if I remember correctly.

• Love 3

Guide days it's called "Obesity Med", follows the stories of 2 morbidly obese patients.   I guess we all love watching  ppl fatter than us so we can think geez I'm fat but not THAT fat.  Just like we love hoarding shows too.  Gee I'm messy & cluttered, but not like THAT!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

I am but do you have any details about it?

Per an Amarillo paper  

AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Two doctors here on the High Plains, will be appearing on TLC’s new pilot show “Obesity Med.”

“It’s there journey of their struggles with weight and how they found themselves in a situation that they felt somewhat hopeless and watching them kind of on their journey particularly James going through surgery and how it changed his life,” Dr. Bleu Schniederjan, physician at Panhandle Weight Loss Center, explained.

The show will also feature two patients and their journey to a healthier and happier life, something the doctors said they pride themselves on doing.

“We deliver very safe high quality surgery but also couple that with education when it comes to health and wellness specifically nutrition,” Dr. Bo Neicho, stated.

The center is not just for changing the way you eat but also the way you think.

“One of the hardest struggles that our patients consistently face is what they bring in from their past,” Dr. Bo Neicho, said

Doctors at the center are hoping this show will help encourage others to live a healthier lifestyle.

“From the show you can expect to see us walk alongside these patients and participate in the education process and also be very focused on helping them get to surgery and recover from surgery,” Dr. Neichoy, stated.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
Just now, Concerned said:

Whitney Thore is debating weight loss surgery so they may be building up to a crossover.

Now that she is older Whit does have the ‘apron’ and other undisclosed medical issues. She needs to stop smoking and lose some weight.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, String Theory said:

So she's worked hard but doesn't want to move to Houston??? I don't see Dr. Now agreeing to her novel 'idea'.  Her excuse that all of her support system is in Florida is lame.  Isn't this the same support group she had before starting her "journey"?  (I hate that term)

Yeah. I thought she felt she was alone. I wonder if he was OK with her staying in FL for a bit because it was COVID and she would have had a problem moving in the middle of the fall of civilization. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Cindy last week who made NO progress and Melissa tonight who seems to be fast forwarding through the process are NOT typical of the regular poundticipants. 

Hell yeah.  One comes to mind, that hideous woman with the absolutely hideous giant warty belly that hung to the floor in Lola's office.  Last season. 

• Love 1